Barracks.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Ghorgath
 player, 33 posts
Mon 5 Oct 2015
at 09:54
Barracks
Acknowledging Abighail and Ghorza as they come up, Ghorgath stands and addresses them "I'm proud of you, all of you. We all held together and fought well."
Gharuk
 player, 32 posts
 AC: 16, HP: 12/14
 PP: 11, Insp: No
Mon 5 Oct 2015
at 10:07
Barracks
Still stripped bare to the waist and bare-foot, Gharuk's eyes went wide at the magical healing Ghorza administered. "Beshaba's bane!" He muttered "That's a neat trick you got there sis" He said as he pawed at the already fading scar that had been the ugly cut on his head.

At the mention of food, Gharuk's belly rumbled loudly; large and intimidating he may be, but a simple soul of simple pleasures. "Hmm, food sounds good. Always good to eat after a good scrap! All I got is biscuits and bacon; travel food. Did that guy say anything about getting grub in this deal? I'll go check."

He seemed to have already forgotten that he was half-naked and covered in gore as he rubbed his hands together in anticipation and started towards the door, licking his lips.
Tarkun
 player, 47 posts
 Dragonborn Sorcerer
 HP: 9 | AC 16
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 04:00
Barracks
Tarkun walks into the barracks and quickly assesses the layout and heads to an empty bunk near a window. He lays his pack down at the foot of the bed then sits with his head in his hands, letting out a long sigh.
Ser Desdichado
 player, 9 posts
 For My Lady!
 AC: 19, HP: 13/13
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 05:00
Barracks
A man dressed in black chain mail looks up from where he had been resting on the lower bunk of a bed by the door.  He notes the expression upon the face of the Dragonborn and the clear body language.  Slowly, so as not to alarm any others present, the Black Knight gets up from his bunk and begins to walk towards the sitting figure.

"Ho, Brother, what ails your heart so?"  His voice is a rich baritone touched with genuine concern.  His blue eyes, just visible through the eye slits of his great helm, search the unfamilar face of the man before him.  It is as if they search for the true meaning of both words and intentions.  Gauntleted hands, meanwhile, remain close by.  One is held behind his back while the other rests upon the pommel of the sword hilt at his left hip.
Ghorgath
 player, 48 posts
 AC: 17 HP: 13/13
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 10:34
Barracks
Gesturing to Gharuk, Ghorghath laughs. "Check out this guy. Fully armoured in the barracks."

"Nothing's going to attack you here mate!"
Gharuk
 player, 40 posts
 AC: 16, HP: 14/14
 PP: 11, Insp: No
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 11:49
Barracks
Gharuk roared out a hearty laugh at his brothers' jest, bits of a pasty he'd found and was eating spraying across the room. He'd managed to clean himself up, but still hadn't put a shirt on and his boots were still under his bunk. "Maybe it's all just padding under there. Hurr hurr. Maybe he's hiding an ugly mug. Hurr hurr. Maybe he's a girl. Hurr hurr hurr." Gharuk was obviously not good at jokes as he delivered his jibes in monotone and quick succession without waiting for a response other than his own chuckles. Maybe he should prove he's a man. How 'bout it Clanksalot?" He bellowed across the room at the armoured figure "Wanna prove it? I'll give you choice of game" Gharuk flexed his impressive physique, a clear challenge, but an honest one by his tone.
GM
 GM, 169 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 12:16
Barracks
The admittedly small mess hall is right across the courtyard from your sleeping quarters. A trio of pretty girls cook and serve food to the soldiers here. One of the girls is noticeably pregnant. The food is quite tasty, even prepared from simple ingredients as it is.
Risshil
 player, 38 posts
 Wood Elf Cleric
 HP: 9 l AC:17
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 15:36
Barracks
Walking into the barracks, Risshil headed over to an empty bed and put down his shield and sword upon it. He then began to strip off the studded leather armor. His mind wandered over many things as he got ready for relaxation.
Hai Tao
 player, 33 posts
 Forest Gnome Monk
 Hp: 10 AC: 15
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 15:48
Barracks
After dropping off the sack of kobold heads, Hai Tao makes his way to the barracks. Upon entering he scans the room looking for a bunk. Finding none of the bottom bunks empty he heads to a bunk near the door and tosses his pack onto the upper bed. Looking over his blood soaked temple robes he sighs, it was quite obvious he was in need of a change of clothes and a bath.

Turning to the two posturing half-orcs he raises his voice to addresses them, "Excuse me, gentlemen, where would one find a wash basin around here?"


[OOC: Grabbed the bunk over Desdichado's.]
Ghorgath
 player, 50 posts
 AC: 17 HP: 13/13
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 20:31
Barracks
Laughing at his brother making a fool of himself, by still parading around with no shirt and no manners, Ghorgath stuggles to break to a straight face when he responds to gnome "Down that way and to the left. There is also soap in the cupboard underneath."

Still shaking his head at his brother, Ghorgath gets up and heads down tot he wash basin as well.

To Hai Tao, "So what brings a gnome out to these dangerous parts? Money, adventure?"
Hai Tao
 player, 34 posts
 Forest Gnome Monk
 Hp: 10 AC: 15
Thu 15 Oct 2015
at 22:36
Barracks
Hai smiles, "Tragedy, I suppose would be the truthful answer. Necessity as well. I've lost my home and seek another to further my studies. Being light of coin I joined this motley assortment so that I could hope to sustain myself. Though.." He indicates the blood and gore dried to his robes, "..I may have stepped into a more hostile environment than I had expected. What about you? Are you here as a mercenary?"

Reaching into his bag as he continues to speak with the half-orc, Hai pulls out a clean robe from his bag this one made of wool and dyed a dirty brown.
Ghorgath
 player, 51 posts
 AC: 17 HP: 13/13
Fri 16 Oct 2015
at 06:43
Barracks
"Yeah, money and adventure. That and the need to leave town with several well armed people at short notice."
Sharlee
 player, 25 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 17:29
Barracks
The door banged open as Sharlee stomped in.  She glared around at the various occupants before heading to an empty bunk.

"Is this anyones?" she asked.  "Fine!  It'll do me nicely." She had not waited for a reply.

She threw herself down on the bed, head to the foot and puched the air.

"Bastid!  Cheatin' freakin' bastid!"

She swung around to sit up.

"Did any of you guys come across a ghost thing what couldn't be hit?  Bastid!  I want his balls."

With that she threw herself back on the bed and carried on muttering to herself.
Ra'Mer
 player, 23 posts
 AC 17 / HP 14
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 17:53
Barracks
Just after Sharlee storms in Ra'Mer is right behind her, finding the first bunk with no gear around it or signs of occupation he lays out. Near enough to talk to Sharlee while looking at the ceiling,
"The slippery Bastid just did not want to die AGAIN."
Adding a little emphasis on the again as it was some kind of ghost that he was not familiar with. Though his frustration was no less than Sharlees'.
Risshil
 player, 39 posts
 Wood Elf Cleric
 HP: 9 l AC:17
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 18:45
Barracks
Risshil's head turned to the newcomers and tilted his head. "We came across a ghostly figure of an old man who drained the lifeforce of the fleeing kobolds. However it did not seem particularily strong, as the minor radiant magics the Lifegiver granted me and Tarkun's arcane missiles turned it into dust. Hai tao's dart went through it, but that is to be expected from incoporeal undead." he said in response to their question. "It troubles me that there could be more however, a matter that should be looked into."
Brak
 player, 22 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2015
at 19:29
Barracks
Brak snorts derisively, "Probably want to invite it 'round for a nice cuppa, ask if its intentions are honorable then send it on its way."
Ghorgath
 player, 53 posts
 AC: 17 HP: 13/13
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 00:01
Barracks
Ghorgath comes back from washing up to hear the rants of a new comer, "Ghostly thing, yeah our group took on a couple of them. Was no real issue, as long as you know what you're doing."

He winks at Abighail and Ghorza, "We sure did kick arse, didn't we".
Abighail
 player, 21 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 00:55
Barracks
"Yeah sure, as long as there's only one of them," Abighail says, "But from the sounds of it we met up with different ones, so there might be somewhere out there where they're collecting.  Or maybe they're coming through a portal of some kind."
Hai Tao
 player, 35 posts
 Forest Gnome Monk
 Hp: 10 AC: 15
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 08:12
Barracks
Hai Tao returns from washing the blood and grim off, wearing his rather drab woolen robe. Having done his best to launder his other clothes but finding the blood too steeped in to ever be completely removed.

"Whatever the creatures are they should not be taken lightly. Any being willing and able to sap the life from another is incredibly dangerous. I believe Risshil is saying we should come at the problem intellectually before just going off half shot trying to destroy them all. There lies a greater mysterious here. Possibly we could speak with someone at the temple who may know more about this than us?"
Risshil
 player, 40 posts
 Wood Elf Cleric
 HP: 9 l AC:17
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 15:10
Barracks
Risshil nodded and gave the female half-orc a gentle smile. "That is  my worry. Sending them to final death is necessary, but if they are simply pouring in from somewhere the hole must be plugged before eradicating them. The undead must not walk this earth after their time is done. They are an unnatural force that is a blight upon the living. Those that are benign must be gently sent to the afterlife, and all others must be dealt with swiftly. I hope that my worries are unfounded, and that there are merely a few calling this their home."
Ser Desdichado
 player, 10 posts
 For My Lady!
 AC: 19, HP: 13/13
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 16:25
Barracks
Ignoring the jibes about his state of dress the Knight seems focused upon listening to the Dragonman in front of him.  However, after a few minutes pass without a response, he bows his head in acknowledgement of the man's desire of silence.  Desdichado steps away and returns to his own bunk, while listening to the conversation of those around him, and nods his head in understanding.

"If I may make so bold.  Information is often the deciding factor in a campaign.  Yet, we are not likely to find much of it in a library.  What I've heard and seen thus far suggests that we are hardly the first gathering of skilled hands to face these dangers.  Perhaps Commander Boros will know where the others are to be found?  Baring that, it shall remain in our best interests to continue to compare notes after each mission, no?"
Ra'Mer
 player, 24 posts
 AC 17 / HP 14
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 16:37
Barracks
In reply to Ser Desdichado (msg # 29):

Sitting up in his bunk Ra'Mer nods his head to the knight,
"Yes, information will help and library books never helped me. They fall apart to easily when you hit others with them. Nope, no good at all. Talking is good."
You also built camaraderie while talking of battles and friendships, talking was better. Especially for Ra'Mer.
Gharuk
 player, 42 posts
 AC: 16, HP: 14/14
 PP: 11, Insp: No
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 16:39
Barracks
Seeing that his challenge was going to go unmet, Gharuk shrugged and returned to eating his pasty; chowing down contentedly with a smile on his face. He had half an ear to the conversation going on, but clearly had little interest in it; all this talk of "comparing notes" and "finding the source" was beyond his limited intellect. All he wanted was a good scrap and to be with his brother and sisters and this emotion was written all over his exotically, if ruggedly, handsome face.

His snack finished, Gharuk began stretching out some of the kinks and strains of the combat just passed, limbering up for the 'morrows activity.
Brak
 player, 24 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2015
at 18:46
Barracks
"Oh, aye make 'em talk. Don't much matter if you loosen their lips with sweet talk or a hot poker. Once they spill their guts though their guts must be spilt. One undead nasty or vile-filthy-derragnged-no-good-egg-sucking kobold left alive to warn its litter or sneak round behind the lines is one too many," the Dwarven druid says picking a small insect from his ear, he examines it closely then squishes it wiping its remains off his fingers with his beard.
Tarkun
 player, 48 posts
 Dragonborn Sorcerer
 HP: 9 | AC 16
Mon 19 Oct 2015
at 07:36
Barracks
Tarkun searches for the right words to say, but apparently takes too long as the armored man leaves. He takes a deep breath and sighs. Feeling completely left out, Tarkun decides to take a nap to recharge himself.