Broderick's Expedition.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Narrator
 GM, 3134 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 17:30
Broderick's Expedition
Molag, Ludlow, Razakeel, Charlene,
Clarence and Dolpho await Broderick and his people.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 52 posts
Fri 25 Nov 2016
at 21:44
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Narrator (msg # 1):

Broderick clarifies Molag's statement of his advance then after learning the skills of each member, they head to his Office where he introduces the other team members. He then outlines the Mission and asks for input from each member. Once the planning has been sorted out they head to the Store quickly acquire provisions/equipment.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:21, Sat 26 Nov 2016.

Narrator
 GM, 3151 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 16:36
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 2):

Molag gets his new armor and a brand new sword, and uses the
 advance along with his own cash to buy a bottle of
alchemical fire.
Clarence gets some lamp oil, Charlene gets a knife.
Ludlow has a leather cuirass and a bottle of paut,
Razakeel also bought 2 bottles of paut.
Dolpho improved his armor and upgraded his tools.

Most of this was done with existing  monies.

Ready to go, need some rolls: area knowledge: Northport at -2
Current events: Northport
Broderick Leibert
 player, 53 posts
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 19:31
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Narrator (msg # 3):

Broderick nods approvingly at the choices the team make. Once they are finished they move out. Walking to the left of Clair, he takes note of the group dynamics, as they stroll through the street.
[Private to GM: 06:18, Today: Secret Roll: Broderick Leibert rolled 8,11 using 3d6-2,3d6.  Area Knowledge 15 and current affairs Northport 11.]
Smasher
 player, 1 post
 Heavily armoured
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 19:45
Broderick's Expedition
Trudges along without comment, his armour clanking away as armour does, albeit slightly muffled by tabard and backpack, his maul and shield at the rest position.
Clair Leibert
 player, 8 posts
 Very beautiful woman
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 19:49
Broderick's Expedition
Broderick my dear this looks to be an excellent group of Guilders. she commented giving a friendly smile. Carruthers will we be lunching out or did bring a hamper.
Phylicity Pfaffingerh
 player, 1 post
 Pixie
Tue 29 Nov 2016
at 19:59
Broderick's Expedition
Perched in the depression on top of Smashers backpack Phylicity chats with Clair about the floral improvements to the Guild Offices she hopes the others will allow her to make.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:14, Fri 02 Dec 2016.

Carruthers
 player, 6 posts
 Manservant
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 05:05
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Phylicity Pfaffingerh (msg # 7):

"I have some rations prepared, Master"

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:04, Fri 02 Dec 2016.

Phylicity Pfaffingerh
 player, 2 posts
 Pixie
Wed 30 Nov 2016
at 05:14
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Carruthers (msg # 8):

Phylicity tilts her head to one side peering in Carruthers direction.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:06, Fri 02 Dec 2016.

Broderick Leibert
 player, 54 posts
Thu 1 Dec 2016
at 01:14
Broderick's Expedition
Broderick gives the Buttler a nod. Offering his arm to Clair First thing to do is to visit the Works Offices so we can identify and assess the possibilities.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:06, Fri 02 Dec 2016.

Smasher
 player, 2 posts
 Heavily armoured
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 05:19
Broderick's Expedition
Trudge along the street in the direction they are heading.
Dolpho Mercer
 NPC, 5 posts
 Cutpurse
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 13:09
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Smasher (msg # 11):

"Where are we heading?"

[Private to Broderick Leibert: corrected after checking your adjustments. Make an Area knowledge  roll at -2]
Broderick Leibert
 player, 55 posts
Fri 2 Dec 2016
at 19:17
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Dolpho Mercer (msg # 12):

ooc Sorry I assumed their destination would have been covered in reply to msg 2
[Private to GM: without knowledge of any sites to check out Broderick thought visiting whatever City Council Office that deals with building ownership plans etc. would provide some assistance

08:10, Today: Secret Roll: Broderick Leibert rolled 9 using 3d6.  2nd roll vs area knowledge 15-2 =13.
]

Giving Dolpho a nod and smile. Master Mercer we need to locate a prospective  building for the job the first is close to the intersection of the districts of redlight, Merchants, and little Shevnia, accross the way from a Shevnian slaughterhouse.

the second also in the Artisinal district, also near redlight, not far from an orcish Televodnica.

the third is on the edge of Dockside, Artisinal and Temple.

Unless any of you have a preference we should start with the closest.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:27, Wed 07 Dec 2016.

Narrator
 GM, 3160 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 15:38
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 13):

Ooc: you can either play through going with enourage to the records office and bribing through, and being delayed, or
Making an area knowledge roll for locations known to be abandoned and constructed during periods when the basements connected to the undercity access tunnels (most of them) and leave the purchase and licensing to Ashbury, as that part is his problem. Goung to the records office might give the Hadereum  the idea that there is something to tax...

Narrator
 GM, 3165 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 3 Dec 2016
at 20:59
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Narrator (msg # 14):

There are several properties that seem likely, although like
many abandoned properties, they are im unsaveory locations.

One is close to the intersection of the districts of
 redlight, Merchants, and little Shevnia, accross the way from a Shevnian slaughterhouse, it has been unoccupied  for
the last fifteen or so years.

Another is in the Artisinal district, also near redlight, not far from an orcish Televodnica, and it has been without tenants for two years because of orcish hooliganism and vandalism.

A third is in the edge of Dockside, Artisinal and Temple, and is avoided by the Sahudese of Dockside and the goblins of Artisinal due to rumors it may be haunted, unoccupied  for twenty years.
Clair Leibert
 player, 9 posts
 Very beautiful woman
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 03:02
Broderick's Expedition
Nearing the first of the three buildings, they were to assess, Clair rested a hand holding a scented kerchief against her cheek was a welcome counter to the odious smells that abound. I hope the other places you want to visit aren't like this one.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:31, Mon 05 Dec 2016.

Smasher
 player, 3 posts
 Heavily armoured
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 03:17
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Clair Leibert (msg # 16):

Smasher stopped turned to one side and looked at Clair listening to her intently.
Narrator
 GM, 3175 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 13:33
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Smasher (msg # 17):

This particular section of redlight has a very visible half orc population; while most humans in Northport have some degree of orcish bloodline, most of those who cannot pass live in this quarter. Just inside the Merchant's quarter is a large shop belonging to Rushagorn  Brokadin the orcish merchant, one of the few with any status in the Merchant's guild. The area is seedy, with little to no sanitation for
the cobbled streets this far from the fountain square in front of the Merchant's Guildhall. A low wall redolent of ordure separates the edge of the district from the permanent
refugee town of little Shevnia, which has its own beaurocracy
 and corrupt policing system.

A dilapidated stone building with it's locked entrance in the
 alleyway against the wall is directly opposite the charnel
house that butchers hogs and sheep for most of the near
community, thick soot from burnt offal cakes the facade and most of the street.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 56 posts
Mon 5 Dec 2016
at 17:39
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Narrator (msg # 18):

Broderick notes the benefits of being opposite the slaughter house which enables quick delivery of meats. They need to get into the building without drawing to much attention. Turning to the Lockmaster If you will Master Locksmith. he prompts subtly indicating the alley door.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:27, Mon 05 Dec 2016.

Dolpho Mercer
 NPC, 6 posts
 Cutpurse
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 19:11
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Broderick Leibert (msg # 19):

Mercer taps around the door and slides a dagger blade aroubd the edges, before tippling a little oil on the hinges and the lick itself before pulling out a set of picks and springing it open. "Best not to be too noisy."
Smasher
 player, 4 posts
 Heavily armoured
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 19:41
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Dolpho Mercer (msg # 20):

Smasher stares at the small fellow in a sorry I can't help it manner
Broderick Leibert
 player, 57 posts
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 19:57
Broderick's Expedition
Once the door is opened Broderick peers into the room to assess its safety. If it appears so he quickly glances about to check they aren't being watched. When he's sure they aren't he ushers the others into the building and quietly closes the door.

ooc which of the three buildings is this one
Narrator
 GM, 3184 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 19:59
Broderick's Expedition
In reply to Smasher (msg # 21):

The door opens quietly with a little resistance. Beyond is a
space that looks to have been both shop and living quarters
for a small time merchant. The interior is dusty and dim, with a visible fireplace and a low wall in the middle if the roim that serves as shelving. A ladder next to the fireplace leads to a loft.

This is the first location on the list.
Clair Leibert
 player, 10 posts
 Very beautiful woman
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 20:04
Broderick's Expedition
Oh my, what a dusty place Clair exclaims, resisting the impulse to start tiding up.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 58 posts
Wed 7 Dec 2016
at 20:15
Broderick's Expedition
[Private to GM: Broderick suggests they Check the room for any other possible exits, or hidden compartments. ] After a search of the room Broderick starts up the ladder to the loft.

If the loft is dark he pulls out a pebble,  that casts a torchlight glow in the area, which he used to looks around.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:35, Thu 08 Dec 2016.