Into the winecellars once more.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Millie Malone
 NPC, 1 post
 Fishwife
 Cockles and mussells
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 01:25
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 932):
A woman pushing a cart of shellfish calls out
"Don't buy his Langostines, buy my cockles and mussels instead!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1047 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 09:20
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas steps up beside Aoife and addresses the woman with the cart.

"I have a question, since you seem to know you way around seafood creatures.

"Aside from the bone, what's special about cuttlefish compared to octopus and squid?"

Millie Malone
 NPC, 2 posts
 Fishwife
 Cockles and mussells
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 19:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 934):

"I don't think they have much meat to them, some like the bone for kept birds, but he seems to sell out of them frequently, and has had some of his fisherman look for them specifically."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:32, Wed 22 Aug 2018.

Aoife
 player, 443 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 20:41
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Millie Malone (msg # 935):

"Odd. Does he keep selling out to those who keep birds?" she asks, off handedly.
Millie Malone
 NPC, 3 posts
 Fishwife
 Cockles and mussells
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 23:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 936):

"I don't think the number of bird owners trippled in the past six months."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1048 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 08:58
Into the winecellars once more
"I agree, that seems unlikely.  Do cuttlefish have any magical properties?"
Mancini
 player, 168 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 20:54
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini continued to distract the fish monger by pretending to be interested in making a purchase.

"How much would your entire batch be?  I have a ton of hungry patrons I need to feed, and I simply can't run out during the feast.  That would simply be an embarrassment?"
Fishmonger
 NPC, 3 posts
 Seller of things
 From the sea
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 23:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 939):

"I am used to customers who want to buy the catch complete. Bunch of fellers clear me of herring and cuttlefish on a regular. You would have to fight them to get a stake of those "
Mancini
 player, 169 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 01:01
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini's ears perked up at this little tidbit.  "I really must have the entire catch, but I wish no ill will on the gentlemen.  Is there anyway I could perhaps know they hang out or when they would be here to pick up their cuttlefish and herring?  Maybe I could reach an agreement with them to allow me to take the cuttlefish and herring this once. I could make it worth your while..."

Mancini reached into his satchel and pulled out a silver piece, making a show of the silver piece, before tossing and catching it in his hands as he continued talking. "I wouldn't want to inconvenience you, though."

(OOC: 20:49, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Diplomacy (16). Roll passes.)

This message was last edited by the player at 01:05, Fri 07 Sept 2018.

Fishmonger
 NPC, 4 posts
 Seller of things
 From the sea
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 14:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 941):

The dour man nods.
"They will be along in a bit with a cart."

He leans over the stall and starts arranging the fish, dismissing you.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1051 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 16:11
Into the winecellars once more
Failing a response from Millie, Ardenas frowns as he thinks back on his magical training in alchemy and thaumatology, trying to recall anything related to cuttlefish or their ink.

[Private to GM: 12:09, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Alchemy, to recall properties of cuttlefish or their ink (9).
12:10, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 13 using 3d6.  Thaumatology, for magical uses of cuttlefish or their ink (11).
]
Aoife
 player, 444 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 10:18
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 943):

Aoife moves subtly to Ardenas, aided in being unobtrusive by her size.

"Perhaps we should let his regular customers get what they want. We would not want to inconvenience them just for a nice meal...besides, perhaps his customers will be willing to sell us some, if we follow them back to their restaurant and ask nice?"

The innocent smile she finishes the sentence on would sound very innoculous to most who did not know her, but for those who do it reminds you of her offer to take the ogres to the fishmongers, for some odd reason.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1052 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 23:32
Into the winecellars once more
Looking slightly startled, Ardenas looks down at Aoife.

"Oh!  Perhaps you should suggest that to Mancini.  Though i agree with you..."
Mancini
 player, 170 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 01:54
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini drops the coin on the fishmonger's stand and saunters over to where Ardenas and Aoife were standing.

In a low voice he says, " I found out some useful things from the fishmonger's. Apparently, there's someone who comes exclusively for the cuttlefish. But, I found out that they should be along in a bit with a cart to collect them. I am proposing that I distract them so Kalima can get a sense of whether they're part of the demon cult. If so, we will follow them back to where they are going and see what else we can learn."
Aoife
 player, 445 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 09:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 946):

"Oh, what a good idea!. But is it not better if they do not notice us at all? Especially if we want to discreetly follow them."

Her voice is quiet and a little too charming...like she is ready to have some fun.
Mancini
 player, 171 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 01:08
Into the winecellars once more
""That's why the only one he'll see is me. I'm just a rich aristrocrat trying to throw a party, remember? I'm going to try and fast talk him into selling me the cuttlefish, or take me who can sell them. You guys will be hidden in case anything goes wrong."
Aoife
 player, 446 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 08:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 948):

Aoife nods and moves away, watching.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1053 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 08:47
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas follows Aoife.
Fishmonger
 NPC, 5 posts
 Seller of things
 From the sea
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 12:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 950):
 At your suggestion to hide, Kalima vanishes from sight.

"Today's catch is spoken for. I cannot sell it to you"

In the distabce you see two hooded men with a small cart approaching.

Stealth or shadowing rolls from those looking to blend into the crowd.
Aoife
 player, 447 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 21:06
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Fishmonger (msg # 951):

Aoife saunters casually away, glancing at other items merchants are selling as she does so.

[Private to GM: Rolled 1 over stealth,not modified for size.]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1056 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 22:51
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas continues following Aoife, while keeping the corner of an eye on the hooded men with their cart.
Narrator
 GM, 5475 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 22:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 953):

The hooded friars approach the fishmonger,  per rolls for those near.
Aoife
 player, 448 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 23:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 954):

Aoife looks around trying to be inconspicuous.

[Private to GM: rolled 1 under per, thread nearing 1,000...]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1058 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 00:58
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas swats at an imaginary flying insect to cover looking in the direction of the hooded men with the cart.

[Private to GM: 20:57, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 7 using 3d6.  Perception (10) relative to approaching hooded figures.]
Narrator
 GM, 5485 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 19:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 956):

You both are able to percieve that the fishmonger took a fish on top of a stack that were all facing the same way, and faced it in the opposite direction.
The men with the cart pause, and proceed to head past his stall.

Post in Cultists by the docks.