Into the winecellars once more.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Narrator
 GM, 3675 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 25 Mar 2017
at 16:31
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini gathers an unlikely crew to see what is holding up the kobolds from cleaning Lamont DuClair's extensive cellars.
Mancini
 player, 17 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 25 Mar 2017
at 16:59
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini gathered his crew in a guild conference room before they departed. "Before we begin, I would like to start out by saying that the guild is in a state of flux. I've been working here for a long time, behind the scenes, in a logistical capacity, and what I've seen... it isn't good. It isn't sustainable. The factions within the guild don't work together nearly well enough, and there's far too much animosity. This not only leaves us weaker to the other powers of the city, but makes things more dangerous for you, the rank and file."

"Our expedition will require discretion on your part. What we learn must be tightly controlled. You may end up having to keep secrets from the other guild faction leaders. This is... politics... and if you don't wish to involve yourselves, you may wish to step away. Are you all willing to proceed?"


ooc: In other words there may be aspects of espionage and inter-guild politics, so if that's not fun for you this is an IC reason to back out.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:01, Sat 25 Mar 2017.

Norman
 player, 1 post
 Guard
Sat 25 Mar 2017
at 17:01
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini's bodyguard Norman held the door open for any who chose to depart.
Oly
 player, 873 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 25 Mar 2017
at 17:21
Into the winecellars once more
Assuming Oly is here...   He just shrugs.
Aoife
 player, 231 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 01:06
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 4):

A small few arrives as the speach concludes.

"I had some kobold friends say there were problems here. They asked me to come along to ensure it was safe for them to return once you are finished. That Ok?"

[Private to GM: Can I assume that she has spoken to the Kobolds, as written. That ties in her being part of the team, but can I ask what information they might have given her?]
Mancini
 player, 20 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 01:14
Into the winecellars once more
"You're a member of the guild, Aoife. You are free to accompany us as a full member of the expedition. Though I am curious as to how the kobolds caught wind of what we're planning. When you have a chance, try to find out who's been talking. But save that for after the briefing."
Aoife
 player, 232 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 01:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 6):

"Oh, I am not sure they knew about your trip. They just knew they could not finish their work, so they asked if I would look into it..."

[Private to Mancini: OOC: Winging it a little, GM will have to let me know the details...]
kobold
 player, 36 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 04:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 7):

"I was clearing bowls in the common room when you spoke with Monsieur Du Clair. My brother was working that detail and told me what
happened. Aoife had been ministering to his injuries and I told her."

Mancini
 player, 21 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 05:02
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini nodded to the kobold. "Thank you."
kobold
 player, 37 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 18:40
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 9):

"If you are going in with armed guards, some of us will accompany you."
Aoife
 player, 233 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 19:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to kobold (msg # 10):

"What happened exactly last time to make you leave?"
kobold
 player, 38 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 19:36
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 11):

The slightly built bluish goblekin shrugs.
"I was not there myself, but the others say that the ogres came through a gate that leads outside one of the lower levels, one that Master Voorland never had keys to. Voorland is the dwarf that installed
the gates securing the main room."

Aoife
 player, 234 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 19:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to kobold (msg # 12):

"And they ordered you to leave, or attacked you?"
kobold
 player, 39 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 19:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 13):

"They yelled at my brother and cousins to get out, and threw things
 at them. My brother's arm was damaged when they threw a troll skull at him."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:20, Mon 27 Mar 2017.

Aoife
 player, 235 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 20:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to kobold (msg # 14):

"Any idea of who sent them? Did they mention any names or have any symbols?"
Mancini
 player, 22 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 26 Mar 2017
at 22:16
Into the winecellars once more
"Could you perhaps go and get one of the kobolds who was actually present to answer questions for us?" Mancini asked the kobold. "And if any can act as guides to this gate the Ogres entered through, they will be fairly compensated for their time. Just have them wait in the hall until our meeting has concluded, thank you."

He turned to Oly and Aoife. "I'll wait until all of the interested have assembled before continuing the briefing, but rest assured that there will be time to reach out to your contacts and perform any other preparatory work you'd like before we embark."

ooc: Since its the weekend I'd like to wait until Monday for any interested players (Hilerno? Ardenas?) to locate themselves here before filling out the roster with NPCs.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 730 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 27 Mar 2017
at 09:10
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm listening."  He addresses the kobold for a moment.

"Do we know for certain whether the ones who yelled and threw things were full blood ogres, or ogrekin?"
Mancini
 player, 23 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 27 Mar 2017
at 16:47
Into the winecellars once more
"My sources indicate full ogres, but we'll know more once we speak to a witness." Mancini looked meaningfully at the kobold. "Listen. The lot of you. You have all expressed interest in this venture, but I would not ask you to accept the terms until I've laid them out. And I would not expect you to do any preliminary investigation until you've accepted."

"The purpose of the expedition is simple: Remove these ogres from the winecellars and discover their point of entry. Non-violently if possible - ogres are worth more as allies than corpses. Compensation: Shares of whatever goods or treasure are recovered. If the standard guild pay-rate is not met by these shares, additional coin shall be given to make up the difference, providing a guaranteed minimum income for this expedition. That's all fairly standard."

"Other terms. This is not an independent expedition. You are working on my behalf, as an officer of the guild. Don't worry, I'm no autocrat, and have no taste for micromanagement... you are all experts, and I expect you all to know how best to put your talents to use."


ooc: In other words, I'm not your boss, and won't be ordering you around, so don't worry. Just my way of getting around the Rank difference.

"Impress me, and there will be more work and more pay forthcoming. All I ask is that you do not discuss the matter and what we discover with those who were not present, unless of course asked directly by a guildmaster of higher rank than myself."

"There are a few other matters to discuss once those of us who are committed have some privacy. Things you will need to know. But for now, Oly, Aredenas, Aoife... are the terms agreeable?"


ooc: Diplomacy roll made by 6. Not to tell you guys how to respond, but just to note that the character is more compelling than the player.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:58, Mon 27 Mar 2017.

Oly
 player, 874 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 27 Mar 2017
at 19:08
Into the winecellars once more
Oly Shrugs again  Zure
Aoife
 player, 236 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 27 Mar 2017
at 23:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 19):

"Well, so far, yes. But if the ogres object, do we find out who is behind them of just force them out by brute force?"
Mancini
 player, 24 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 27 Mar 2017
at 23:54
Into the winecellars once more
"I intend us to investigate the matter thoroughly," Mancini said. "Whether the ogres wandered in on their own, or if there's some other hand guiding their actions. I'll explain further."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:54, Mon 27 Mar 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 731 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 08:50
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm in."
Mancini
 player, 25 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 17:57
Into the winecellars once more
Once Norman had escorted the kobold into the hall so that the adventurers were alone in the meeting room, Mancini continued.

"As I mentioned earlier, there are strong divisions growing within the guild. Control of the DuClair's wine cellars as an access into the undercity is a project of Rigo's. DuClair provides us access in exchange for a Madiera contract. We helped him with his troll issues before the treaty with the Eastern Depths treaty was signed. This is, generally, good for the guild."

"The ogre business... most of the city's ogres are from mercenary companies or members of our own guild. The most likely scenario is that these ogres below wandered into the undercity through some undiscovered exit, and then into DuClair's cellar. However, Aoife hit on exactly the possibility we should keep in mind... that these ogres are agents at someone else's behest.

"Rigo is the majority power within the guild, but his control is far from complete. Some want this power for themselves, others may oppose him out of a simple desire that no one man control the power of the guild. Some of the higher ranking members have strong ties to the remnants of the thieves' guild and the various assassin groups, and virtually every other power in Northport has a hand in trying to influence us.

"Olegson, in particular, has cooled towards Rigo with his handling of the orcish matter, and the dwarfs overseeing the kobolds are firmly in his camp. The kobolds themselves have been growing loyal to Zeelzeel Shadowspear on a personal level, but as yet, he is not active in guild politics. Vilgar is another obvious possibility, particularly if these ogres hail from the arena."


Mancini folded his hands. "So. I would advise that we remain open-minded regarding these ogres. Let us hope that they are simple wanderers exploring the undercity rather than a further escalation of guild conflict. All the same, these are dangerous waters we swim in. Be careful whom you speak to. The ogres might even work for Rigo himself, in an effort to wrest control of the warehouse from DuClair outright.

"Any questions before I continue?"

Aoife
 player, 237 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 20:40
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 23):

"No questions here..."
Dellas
 player, 3 posts
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 20:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 23):

"okay, so we need to investigate, make friends with ugly ogres and make a profit. Piece of cake. Count me in."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:46, Tue 28 Mar 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 732 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 22:38
Into the winecellars once more
"Seems clear enough, at least in terms of our immediate goals.  Politics isn't my favorite thing, but I'm capable of playing either side of fight or talk, at need."
Mancini
 player, 27 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 22:52
Into the winecellars once more
"Some of you have worked together in the past, but some of us haven't. Before we break to take care of preliminary business, let's quickly go around and introduce ourselves and what we're bringing to the table." He nodded his head. "I go by Mancini, and I've been working in guild logistics for almost a decade now. I know it, and the city of Northport, very well, and am well trained in the arts of diplomacy. In addition to being well educated in a number of fields, I am a trained fencer and have connections within the civic government."
Dellas
 player, 4 posts
 Human
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 23:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 27):



using my best stage booming voice

"I am called Dellas and it is a great pleasure to meet such a fine group of gentlemen..."

looking directly into Aoife eyes and giving me best charming smile

"... and a fair lady"

stepping in the center of room

"Looking at each one of you I'm now certain that I made the right choice joining the Guild. I could not be more lucky to find myself working side by side with such fantastic group."
"I can see that honor, glory and treasures await our future..."

Mancini
 player, 28 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 23:27
Into the winecellars once more
"And what is it you do, Dellas?" Mancini asked.
Dellas
 player, 5 posts
 Human
Tue 28 Mar 2017
at 23:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 29):


"Oh me? Im a hunter of opportunities. My bow and my quiver are always ready... for the ones with enough coins."
"Ah, and Im an amazing dancer too."

Dellas is grinning while raising his left hand over his head and crossing his right arm over his chest
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 733 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 08:58
Into the winecellars once more
"I am Ardenas, called Barehand.  I'm a native of Northport, but until recently I've paid little attention to politics and such; I was much more interested in my martial arts training.  The recent troubles between the orcs and goblins got my attention, however, and I've had a glimpse of the inner workings of power.

"Honestly, I'm not at all certain I like it, but it seems unavoidable; there are problems that can't be solved by kicking them in the head."

Mancini
 player, 29 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 13:45
Into the winecellars once more
"My notes indicate you have some magical training?"
Hilerno Orison
 player, 34 posts
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 18:12
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno Orison listened attentively, his dark eyes cast downward and weathered brow furrowed. "If welcome, I shall accompany the group," he says. "I'm new to the city -- recently arriving from the mountains across Valdassya."

He pauses. "I'm not sure I understand everything you said in terms of who's working with whom, but it seems that we are not to just kill these ogre or ogrekin, but assess who they work for, what their goals are -- and then perhaps kill them." His hand rests on the pommel of his sword. "That I understand."
Dellas
 player, 6 posts
 Human
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 19:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 33):

"whoa, whoa, lets not be so hasty with the killings... didn't you hear the boss saying they are more valuable alive and at our side?"
Oly
 player, 875 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 20:01
Into the winecellars once more
I'm a zmuggler, bud I god zum zkillz in dhieving  do .. can open lockz an doorz or pick a pocked.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 734 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 29 Mar 2017
at 22:54
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes, sir, I have some limited skill with Movement college magic -- more along the lines of a spell here or there that can enhance my more physical skills.

"My talent is limited, and I'm not highly skilled at any spell -- but if it comes up that only the ability to levitate or walk up a wall will solve a problem, I can get it done.  Once before resting, usually.  I can also open locks with magic, throw things around or launch missiles with much more force than I could with my own arm, and add to my speed or that of an ally for a short time -- but unless there's a supply of paut at hand, magic will tire me quickly, and I lack the ability more broadly talented mages often have to regain energy rapidly."

Dellas
 player, 7 posts
 Human
Thu 30 Mar 2017
at 00:07
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 36):


"Open locks with Magic??? Very interesting...
Ardenas, I like you already and I have the feeling that we are going to be best friends."

Aoife
 player, 238 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 30 Mar 2017
at 04:24
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 37):

Aoife is much smaller than most, and does not relish the thought of dancing with giants. She listens to the discussion with interest, though her facial expressions indicate she is clearly also not keen on guild politics.
Mancini
 player, 32 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 30 Mar 2017
at 21:44
Into the winecellars once more
"What about you, Aiofe?" Mancini asked. "What capabilities do you bring to the party?"
Aoife
 player, 239 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 39):

"I like to keep people and animals healthy, and I can take some animal forms, so please be careful attacking animals. I also have some animal allies...as well as kobold friends."
Mancini
 player, 33 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:43
Into the winecellars once more
"Healing..." Mancini wrote that down. "Shapeshifting... animal and kobold allies. Got it.

"We have some time to prepare. Do as you see fit, meet at the warehouse in three hours. Supply yourselves for an extended visit to the undercity. Several days, perhaps. Aoife, see if any of your kobold allies can act as guides to the lands below, and see if any of the eye witnesses can tell us more. Any questions?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:43, Fri 31 Mar 2017.

Oly
 player, 876 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:45
Into the winecellars once more
You are nod buyin' da food and zduff?

Aoife
 player, 240 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 41):

"Do we have any porters to assist with supplies?"
Mancini
 player, 34 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:54
Into the winecellars once more
"If you would like me to provide sandwiches, I will provide sandwiches. No other hirelings, however. The fewer eyes to see, the fewer tongues to wag, the easier it is to control the flow of information. And I am afraid that we're not budgeted for much more than sandwiches."
Norman
 player, 2 posts
 Guard
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:55
Into the winecellars once more
"Ham and cheese sandwiches," Norman added for emphasis. "Let me know if you want them without the ham."
Mancini
 player, 35 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:57
Into the winecellars once more
"If we manage to recruit the ogres, we can quite likely convince them to serve as porters. Another reason to avoid killing them."
Dellas
 player, 8 posts
 Human
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 43):
Dellas get down in one knee in front of Aoife

"I can help you milady. A giant like me is very useful to carry stuff around, besides, I'm new to the town and wouldn't know where to find the good prices."

Oly
 player, 877 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 01:59
Into the winecellars once more
Zum zandwhichez be OK... I guezz we havda ged zum udder zduff do...
Dellas
 player, 9 posts
 Human
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 02:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Norman (msg # 45):



"Ham and cheese sandwiches sounds really good. If one of you know any fire spell, you can make my day..."


Mancini
 player, 36 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 02:07
Into the winecellars once more
"Acquire whatever personal gear and supplies you think you will require. Food. Torches. Rope. Get receipts. I will try to arrange for an operational budget, and if successful, will reimburse reasonable purchases." He paused, then repeated that last part. "Reasonable. Purchases. Understand that to mean inexpensive consumables, limited by how much I can acquire."

[Private to GM: Is there a guild treasurer? This is clearly an operation to benefit the guild directly; "guild business," so if it's possible to get operational funds from the guild itself - discretely - Mancini will do so.

If not, he'll go to DuClair and try to get some money for supplies to "end the problem at its source."

Merchant-16 in both cases.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:11, Fri 31 Mar 2017.

Dellas
 player, 10 posts
 Human
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 02:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 50):


"Hey boss, do you have a minute?"


Dellas speaks in a low voice, almost a whisper


"Right now my pockets are a little lighter, hell, I have no money at all. Do you think I get some advancement or maybe a credit letter from you so I could buy small things like a rope, a torch, *COF* a sword *COF*, a water bag, etc and etc?   "

This message was last edited by the player at 02:18, Fri 31 Mar 2017.

Aoife
 player, 242 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 02:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 50):

Aoife is rather flattered by the giants response. Truth told, she could probably fit comfortably in one of his hands. She draws herself up to her full 17 inches of height and thanks him. She figures he could carry enough rations for her for a month in his pocket.

"I know town. I can do the shopping for you!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 735 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 09:02
Into the winecellars once more
"No ham on my sandwiches, please.  Several days, you say.  I'll need to pick up my backpack, then.  And does anyone know of a vendor who has paut on hand?  Just a dose or two?"
Aoife
 player, 244 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 14:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 53):

Aoife will offer to guide for all out of Towners. I assume she knows where to find paut...
Narrator
 GM, 3705 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 15:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 54):

Paut can be got from a variety of Alchemists, from Spielgud and Ashbury as well.

OCC Delas, you have a sword, just not a good one.
Mancini
 player, 37 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 15:52
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini leaves and returns twenty minutes later. "I have arranged limited funding for the venture. DuClare has agreed to pay guild rates for one day's labor. That's six silver for each of you. He paid a portion of this up-front."

He counted out four silver coins for Dellas. "These will of course come out of your final share. If any of the rest of you need an advance let me know, and with whatever is left I will purchase group supplies."

ooc: 1 silver = $20, so the pay from DuClare is $120, and Dellas got a $80 advance against that pay.
Dellas
 player, 12 posts
 Human
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 17:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 56):

Dellas' eyes gleam with the sight of the coins

"I appreciated that boss, I will make good use of it, you will see."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:45, Fri 31 Mar 2017.

Oly
 player, 878 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 19:16
Into the winecellars once more
Oly heads out to acquire things... food, supplies etc.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 736 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 31 Mar 2017
at 23:16
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas heads off to see Spielgud about paut, since he's right here in the Guild.
Narrator
 GM, 3708 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 01:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 59):
Ooc
Paut is $120.
Dellas, do you have a price list?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 737 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 1 Apr 2017
at 13:08
Into the winecellars once more
OOC: I'll get two doses, then.
Dellas
 player, 13 posts
 Human
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 12:23
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 60):

OOC
I dont have a price list, where can I find it?
Chye Isuel
 player, 603 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Isuel!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 14:50
Into the winecellars once more
OOC: Behold, that which you seek, lies therein. http://plato.d10.is/GURPS_4th_...ndbook-Version_4.pdf

This message was last edited by the player at 14:50, Mon 03 Apr 2017.

Dellas
 player, 14 posts
 Human
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 15:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 52):


"I thank you milady. I think I will need to buy some good rope and a few things to help me climb walls. Water and food is also important and a Torch of course, otherwise the ogres wont see my hero face and crumble in fear of defeat"


Dellas makes a heroic pose to demonstrate his handsome hero face

OOC:
My full list of items
1 x Rope (1⁄4", 400 lb., 10 yards *) $8 2kg
6 x Rations, Std., Travelers, 1 Day $6  1.5kg
1 x Water Skin, 1 Gal. $10  1kg
1 x Torch $3 1kg
10 x Piton, Climbing $1 0.25kg
1 x Flint $2 0,2kg
Narrator
 GM, 3715 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 19:57
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 64):

It would behoove you to get a set of, um fine smithing tools... $50. Also, make a will roll or you may end up spending the remaining money on a bit of carousing.
Dellas
 player, 15 posts
 Human
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 21:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 65):



Oh, I just remind that I also need to find a cheap small hammer. It needs to be real cheap so I can save some money.

17:09, Today: Dellas rolled 16 using 3d6 ((4,6,6)).
Mancini
 player, 39 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 21:19
Into the winecellars once more
ooc: Better not show up drunk after all that carousing.
Chye Isuel
 player, 607 posts
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 21:28
Into the winecellars once more

This message was deleted by the player at 21:29, Mon 03 Apr 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 3719 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 21:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 66):

Something on your list doesn't get bought; the thieves tools (or cheap ones at $20, with -1 on the roll... either needs a streetwise roll to get) or the $10 hammer. At least $10 was spent drinking.
Also, make a carousing roll, you may have picked up rumors...

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:51, Mon 03 Apr 2017.

Hilerno Orison
 player, 35 posts
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 21:53
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno follows the others to various shops, procuring the following:

  • Backpack, small, 40lbs capacity, $60 (3 lbs)
  • Four (4) torches, $12 (4 lbs)
  • Tinder box, $40 (1/2 lb)
  • Rope, 1/4", 400lbs., 10 yards, $8 (2 lbs)
  • Standard travelers rations, three (3) days, $18 (4 1/2 lbs)
  • Waterskin, one gallon, $10 (1 lb)


He will also gladly accept a ham and cheese sandwich. He will dismantle it before eating it when the time comes.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:57, Mon 03 Apr 2017.

Aoife
 player, 250 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 22:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 64):

Aoife laughs good naturedly at the massive face.

"I would hide if that face was coming for me. Lets go and get your goods. The money Mancini gave you should cover most of that without a loan, but I will give you $50 for a good smithing tools.."

She will direct him to the market where he can purchase those items.
Dellas
 player, 16 posts
 Human
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 23:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 69):

19:38, Today: Dellas rolled 11 using 3d6 ((5,2,4)) against  Streetwise 11.

19:45, Today: Dellas rolled 12 using 3d6 ((5,1,6)) against Carousing 10.


OOC: I dont have the Carousing skill, so Im rolling agains my HT, correct?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:47, Mon 03 Apr 2017.

Dellas
 player, 17 posts
 Human
Mon 3 Apr 2017
at 23:52
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 71):

Dellas bows to Aoife and speaks with an emotive voice:

"I see that your beauty matches your soul. I'm in your debit and I shall replay not only your money, but all your kindness towards me."

Aoife
 player, 251 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 4 Apr 2017
at 07:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 73):

Aoife gives a quick curtsey.

"You are most welcome."
Narrator
 GM, 3723 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 01:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 72):

Whoops, left it off your sheet, added it amd gambling. You heard a rumor while carousing:
"Plenty of people can make a potion or two, but there is this mysterious fellow calls himself The Alchemist, like he was special or something. They say he never forgets a slight."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:18, Wed 05 Apr 2017.

Dellas
 player, 19 posts
 Human
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 02:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 75):


"Hey Ardenas, this town is fantastic my friend. I dont remember much about last night, no, I dont have a drinking problem mind you... I met some interesting people like a guy who is married to the mother of his own dead wife. How crazy is that? ... But that is not what I have to tell you."


Dellas is trying hard to remember something
"Oh yes, I heard a rumor about a big shot alchemist called "The Alchemist"... maybe I should call myself "The Archer"... anyway, this The Alchemist guy is some kind of genius-master of potions... my friend told me that"
 

Dellas moves two fingers on each hands up and down
"he never forgets a slight. "
I have no idea what a slight is, but I remember you saying something about looking for a good Paut to buy, maybe you should pay him a visit?"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:04, Wed 05 Apr 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 739 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 08:41
Into the winecellars once more
"I don't recall hearing about an alchemist of that stripe, but I trust Spielgud about as much as anyone, and he's convenient to deal with since he keeps an office right here in the Guild."
Dellas
 player, 20 posts
 Human
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 12:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 77):


"You know what they say: 'A good alchemist is like a girlfriend... you should have more than one'"

Dellas is laughing while elbowing Ardenas repeatedly
Aoife
 player, 252 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 12:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 78):

"Hmmph. Not sure this girl likes who you get advice from..."
Dellas
 player, 21 posts
 Human
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 14:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 79):

Dellas is visible embarrassed when he realizes that Aoife was listening to his dirty joke
"I apologize for my lack of manners milady, I guess you can take a boy out of the streets but can never take the streets out of the boy.
We, the ones with the broken hearts, rejected and hurt over and over in the past, are always looking for the 'right one' in the wrong places.


Dellas looks straight into Aoife's eyes trying his best charming smile
"Maybe I have been aiming too high? Maybe happiness can found in the small pleasures of life"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 14:05, Wed 05 Apr 2017.

Mancini
 player, 40 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 15:22
Into the winecellars once more
ooc: Aoife is like a foot tall, so I'm picturing Dellas lying on the ground to look straight into her eyes.
Dellas
 player, 22 posts
 Human
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 15:32
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 81):

OOC: Dont destroy this magic moment :P

According to Google:
How tall is a Leprechaun?
about three feet
Leprechauns average about three feet in height according to Irish folklore, but they will be larger than life this weekend, thanks to St. Patrick's Day.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:34, Wed 05 Apr 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 3726 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 21:19
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 82):

Going by the implied size modifier, they are about 18" tall.
Hilerno Orison
 player, 36 posts
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 21:29
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno waits and watches, patiently, intently, a brief grin flickering across his face -- weathered skin shifting -- at the exchange between Aoife, Ardenas, and Dellas.

He has never seen a leprechaun before and is trying to not seem overly interested or surprised.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:30, Wed 05 Apr 2017.

kobold
 player, 40 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 21:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 84):

One of the laborers arrives, carrying a bundle of goods Mancini purchased.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:07, Sat 08 Apr 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 740 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 22:42
Into the winecellars once more
"Careful with that elbow, Dellas.  And watch out for the little folk; some of them are more than they appear."
Mancini
 player, 41 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 23:11
Into the winecellars once more
"Few of them are as they appear," Mancini returned. "If you've all prepared, let's head to the cellar."

ooc: From GURPS Dungeon Fantasy:

quote:
Find a leprechaun’s height normally for ST before adding the racial ST modifier, and then double it and convert feet to inches. For instance, a ST 7 leprechaun would have ST 11 before the racial modifier, and stand 10.8”-12.5” tall. Weight is 10-15 lbs.


They tiny.

Dellas
 player, 23 posts
 Human
Wed 5 Apr 2017
at 23:32
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 87):

OCC: Wow, she is really tiny... nah, not a problem, Dellas is still in love :)
Aoife
 player, 253 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 00:25
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 88):

Aoife could well be carried by him, but she stands all 18 inches tall, perhaps even seeming 19 inches, and returns his look.

"Aw, you have not been hurt until you get hunted by every asshole in the world for a supposed pot of gold you have that no one has ever seen! But I am sure if you treat this girl right, your heart will be more than intact! You need to do worst that gutter humour to really offend me.

But let time build any bond worth building. We have work to do...I am ready Mancini.
"
Oly
 player, 879 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 02:52
Into the winecellars once more
Oly returns with a pouch full of supplies.   Ready



[Private to GM: Mostly food and other obvious stuff... lock picks, rope, wedges, a pry bar etc. I'd like to roll for any odd needs that might occur.]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 741 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 09:00
Into the winecellars once more
"Lead on."
Mancini
 player, 42 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 14:49
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini led the way.
Dellas
 player, 24 posts
 Human
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 17:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 89):

Dellas makes a surprised and innocent face
"Pot of gold? I never heard that before...
Anyway, Boss, Im ready!"

Mancini
 player, 43 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 17:19
Into the winecellars once more
"It's literally the only thing most people know about leprechauns," Mancini said. "But this is Nortport, where they'll stick a knife between your ribs if they think your shoes will fit."
Hilerno Orison
 player, 37 posts
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 17:52
Into the winecellars once more
As they walk, Hilerno looks down at his boots, a calloused hand touching briefly at his ribs.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 742 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 21:49
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas gives Hilerno a wink.

"I don't think you need to worry, Hilerno.  Aoife could probably put both feet in either of your boots -- and I'm pretty sure she doesn't need to steal shoes anyway."
Narrator
 GM, 3732 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 23:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 96):

MonseiurDuClaire's warehouse is on the edge of the artisinal and dockside districts. A pair of guards with maroon sashes carrying spears stand by the double door.
Mancini
 player, 44 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 6 Apr 2017
at 23:47
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini greets them. "DuClair has sent us to deal with the cellar issue."

[Private to GM: Charisma 2, Voice +2, = +4 to reaction rolls. Guild Rank 3 if it matters.]

This message was last edited by the player at 14:04, Fri 07 Apr 2017.

Aoife
 player, 254 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 7 Apr 2017
at 00:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 96):

"It is my ribs that I am worried about, but not from you Dallas. I doubt anyone would put a knife in your ribs just for your boots. Ironic that the one thing people 'know' about us is wrong...says a lot for the intelligence of the average human...and their avarice. Speaking of which, lets get DuClairs cellars back for him and get paid!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 743 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 7 Apr 2017
at 08:37
Into the winecellars once more
"I agree.  Let's get this done."
Dellas
 player, 25 posts
 Human
Fri 7 Apr 2017
at 11:19
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 97):

Dellas put his right fist over his chest in a salute to the guards
"Long days and pleasant nights to you gentleman. How is your day so far?"
Narrator
 GM, 3734 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 8 Apr 2017
at 01:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 101):

"Eh. Been seeing less mess with the orcs the past two days, but the noise from below is worse than the trolls."
Mancini
 player, 45 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 8 Apr 2017
at 01:17
Into the winecellars once more
"We will handle the matter," Mancini told the guards.
Narrator
 GM, 3747 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 12:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 103):

One of them pulls a scrap of parchment from a pouch.
"Let me see your badge number."
Mancini
 player, 46 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 15:16
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini puts out an arm to forestall the others from offering their badges. "I should hardly think that's necessary, gentlemen. We're here to serve the city, not get bogged down in bureaucratic nonsense. Besides, I can assure you that it's all been cleared at the highest levels."


ooc: Mancini doesn't want to leave a paper trail.

Fast-Talk-17.
10:15, Today: Secret Roll: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  Fast-Talk 17.

Success by 8

This message was last edited by the player at 15:18, Sun 09 Apr 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 3751 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 22:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 105):

"I dunno. The boss gave us a number, told us whoever came with it was good to go below."

He shows you the parchment, and you recognize the badge number... it is yours!
Mancini
 player, 47 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 9 Apr 2017
at 23:15
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini shows his badge to the guards. "There you go."
Narrator
 GM, 3754 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 00:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 107):

"Works for me. I am to take you down, and pass you a spare set of
Keys. They do not include the main key, so as to keep the riff raff down below until you deal with them."

Mancini
 player, 48 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 01:16
Into the winecellars once more
"It may take some time." Mancini took the keys. "So don't concern yourself if you don't hear from us."

He led the way down.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 744 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 08:56
Into the winecellars once more
"Noise from below?  Worse than the trolls?  Are ogres known for being noisy neighbors?"
Aoife
 player, 255 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 09:15
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 110):

Aoife follows the others down.
Narrator
 GM, 3757 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 12:55
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 111):

The guard leads you in to the main level, which has racks of wine
barrels, down a ramp into another large room with rows of racks of
barrels, and toward a bronze and iron gate set in the floor, with several
 locks.

"There is a ladder along the wall there. You are going to need it."

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:42, Tue 11 Apr 2017.

Dellas
 player, 26 posts
 Human
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 19:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 112):

Dellas is walking with a thoughtful expression while looking all the wine barrels in the room.
Mancini
 player, 49 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 19:42
Into the winecellars once more
"Thank you, gentlemen," Mancini said. He turned to the others. "I speak... passable... ogrish. I will do my best to negotiate with them peacefully. Do your best to appear confident without being aggressive. Above all, be ready to act should things sour."

He unlocked and opened the hatch. "We'll send a scout first. To go down and see what we'll be crawling into, then return and report."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:43, Mon 10 Apr 2017.

Aoife
 player, 256 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 19:48
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 114):

"I would take the form of a bat, but I suspect ogres would see it as a flying snack..."
Dellas
 player, 27 posts
 Human
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 20:16
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 114):


"Boss, give us a clear sign if you think we should attack. I dont understand much of Ogre talk, but to me they all seem angry when they talk, so if you want me to stick arrows in them, maybe we should have a special word or gesture.. I dont know..."

Hilerno Orison
 player, 38 posts
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 21:27
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno stands and waits, leaning lightly against a wall or rack of wine casks.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 746 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 10 Apr 2017
at 23:47
Into the winecellars once more
"I don't have a word of ogrish.  With a little luck, they'll speak some Aralaise.  Otherwise, Mancini's going to be doing a lot of translating if it isn't just a straight-up fight -- and I hope it isn't."
Oly
 player, 881 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 00:18
Into the winecellars once more
Wan' me do look down dere?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 747 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 08:42
Into the winecellars once more
"I think it's you or me, Oly.  Flip for it?"
Narrator
 GM, 3760 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 12:43
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 120):

The guard begins unlocking the gate.
"Get ready, I am going to be closing this as soon as you are in."
Mancini
 player, 50 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 14:52
Into the winecellars once more
"Let's see if there's any light down there first," Mancini said. "Open it."
Hilerno Orison
 player, 39 posts
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 16:42
Into the winecellars once more

This message was deleted by the player at 22:31, Tue 11 Apr 2017.

Mancini
 player, 51 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 21:03
Into the winecellars once more
ooc: The language everybody speaks is Aralaise. It's what we've been speaking all along.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 748 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 22:13
Into the winecellars once more
Holding out his helmet lamp to take a light from the torch, Ardenas says, "This'll keep my hands free, and give me enough light to see where I'm going."

He slips off his backpack -- not using the quick-release feature, this time.  He pats his delver's webbing, making sure his shuriken and paut are where he expects them, along with one bottle of oil for his lamp, then steps over by the ladder.

He holds his helmet lamp off to one side as he looks down the shaft to check for existing lights; if he sees none, he'll clip the lamp to his leather helm and start climbing down, as quietly as possible.

[Private to GM: 18:11, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 1d6+1.  Stealth (12).]
Narrator
 GM, 3768 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 11 Apr 2017
at 22:30
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 125):

There are no lights below, and the sound of the gate opening echoes strangely.
From the light you have, (the basement is torchlit) you can see that is a large open stace with another grate on the ground off to the side. Ardenas' headlamp reflects off of several gates along the side walls. The room looks to be about ten yards on a side, roughtly the same size as the cask filled space you are in.
Mancini
 player, 52 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 01:43
Into the winecellars once more
"Does anyone have the magical ability to bestow dark vision upon our scout?" Mancini asked.
Aoife
 player, 257 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 05:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 127):

"No, but I can take a bats form and sit on his shoulder. Would that help?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 749 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 08:52
Into the winecellars once more
"Come if you're coming, Aoife.  I don't know that you even need to change form, if you can walk quietly."

Ardenas steps through the open grate and pauses, blocking it from closing with his body long enough for Aoife to pass if she wishes to.
Mancini
 player, 53 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 14:10
Into the winecellars once more
"The matter at hand is the darkness below, Ardenas," Mancini said. "Can you scout effectively without a light source?"
Dellas
 player, 28 posts
 Human
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 14:23
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 130):

Dellas put it is head pass the gate to try to see or hear anything


10:22, Today: Dellas rolled 10 using 3d6.  Observation Per/A [2] 15.
Narrator
 GM, 3772 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 16:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 131):

The three of you are kneeling  around a four foot wide openi g in the floor. The room below is about 10 yards square, four lards below you, and there are six metallic gates set in the walls, and a seventh on the floor below.
Mancini
 player, 54 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 16:36
Into the winecellars once more
"It looks like there's sufficient light below," Mancini said. "Go take a look, Ardenas."
Narrator
 GM, 3773 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 16:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 133):

The only light is coming from the torches above, and Ardenas' headlamp.
The space is shadowy, although the metal surfaces are faintly reflective.
Dellas
 player, 29 posts
 Human
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 16:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 133):

Dellas light it his torch

"Im going too, Ardenas. I can watch your back and you watch mine. Deal?"
Mancini
 player, 55 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 17:27
Into the winecellars once more
"If you're bringing light sources then attempting stealth is pointless. We might as well all head down." Mancini shook his head. "Norman, you and Hilerno head down first and secure the room. The rest of us will follow."
Norman
 player, 3 posts
 Guard
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 17:29
Into the winecellars once more
Norman nodded and descended the ladder, shield on his back.
Dellas
 player, 30 posts
 Human
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 17:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 136):

Dellas voice is cracked with embarrassment
"I was not going... I mean, it is dark and we cant see well from here... sorry boss..."
Mancini
 player, 56 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 18:02
Into the winecellars once more
"Don't worry about it, Dellas. If we're to use scouts they must be both capable of stealth and without the need for a light source. Aiofe is, perhaps, our best bet... though I know some forms of shapeshifting leave the shifter with the mind of the creature they shift into. When you change, do you keep the wits of a Leprechaun, Aiofe?"

ooc: Specifically, the Shapeshift spell lets the caster retain their own mind, but Alternate Forms give you the IQ and mental traits of the animal. Specifically, a bat would get IQ -7 and the Wild Animal mental template (bestial, cannot speak, hidebound, fixed IQ).

Unless the GM has house-ruled a variant, of course!

This message was last edited by the player at 18:03, Wed 12 Apr 2017.

Hilerno Orison
 player, 40 posts
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 19:23
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno goes down the ladder after Norman.
Oly
 player, 882 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 20:24
Into the winecellars once more
Oly carefully surveys the lock on the trap door with out being too obvious...






[Private to GM:  13:23, Today: Oly rolled 9 using 3d6.  Lock picking.  by 7 (used to ID how secure the lock is and how hard to pick)
13:22, Today: Oly rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception. By 3
]
Aoife
 player, 258 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 22:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 139):

"Oh, I can keep my intellect, though the longer I stay in animal form, the greater the risk of loosing some intelligence."

She casts a spell with a flick of her wrist, and her body merges to take the form of a bat. She flys down through the hole and hangs from the ceiling, waiting for the others iff there is nothing down there.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 750 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 12 Apr 2017
at 22:44
Into the winecellars once more
"My apologies, Mancini -- I think of all of us, only Aoife can see in true darkness, and then only after shifting her form.  My night vision is quite ordinary, just that of a man.  Below ground, without lights of some kind, I might as well be blind.  Hence why I have a lamp I can put on my head, to keep my hands free."

As he speaks, he shoulders his backpack again, since he won't be scouting ahead of the group.
Mancini
 player, 57 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 00:29
Into the winecellars once more
"I've heard of lenses that bestow such gifts," Mancini tapped the bridge of his own glasses, "but only in rumors. Such an artifact would serve you well. Perhaps after our business here is done, you might mount a quest for them."

He looked up at bat-Aoife. "There's considerable danger in scouting, and you'd have to go alone. In these cellars there's not much room to avoid the ogres, should they decide that bat is on the menu. We can do without a scout if need be, but I leave the choice up to you."
Aoife
 player, 259 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 07:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 144):

OOC: Bat-Aoife in in the next room, and cannot speak. She will answer your question with a squeak...
Narrator
 GM, 3774 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 19:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 145):

This place has a lingering odor of char. There are six gates, two to the
left and two to the right, and one on each of the other walls, as well as the gate
in the floor. There are signs of there having been a great struggle in this room,
and the bars of at least one gate are bent, as if something of great strength tried
to force its way through.  The guard above withdraws the ladder, and begins to close
 the grate above you.

[Private to Aoife: your sonar detects passageways beyond each of the gates, but nothing moving. The grate in the floor covers something at least twenty yards deep]

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Fri 14 Apr 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 751 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 21:39
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas speaks very softly: "Either Oly or I can reopen this grate at need, and I can get either of us down into the room below without harm, as well as back up without need for a ladder, if it is necessary.  It will take some time, however."
Aoife
 player, 260 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 21:50
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 147):

Aoife flys around to see what might be beyond the bars.
Mancini
 player, 58 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 22:00
Into the winecellars once more
"If we succeed we'll have found out how the ogres gained access to the undercity to begin with," Mancini said. "And this entrance will become irrelevant... as will the wine merchant's influence over the guild. This is our true objective. The role the ogres play is comparatively minor, but they're of more use to us alive."
Hilerno Orison
 player, 41 posts
Thu 13 Apr 2017
at 23:58
Into the winecellars once more
The light dim with just the one torch, Hilerno asks, "Should I light another torch?"
Dellas
 player, 32 posts
 Human
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 00:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 148):

Dellas is visibly worried when he sees Aoife flying away from sight.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Fri 14 Apr 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 753 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 08:47
Into the winecellars once more
"I've got my lamp," as he points to his head, "But we'll probably want more light to bring along when we go below.  Might want to hold until Aoife gets back from scouting, though; she might be able to make us lights with magic."
Mancini
 player, 59 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 14:27
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini catches Dellas's look. "Don't worry. Each of you is a tremendously capable individual, or I wouldn't have brought you along. Everyone in the guild is capable of pulling their own weight." He pulled out a parchment map and studied it carefully.

[Private to GM: ooc: Trying to determine where we are on the map of the undercity, and where the ogres might be hiding. Would that be psychology, tactics, strategy, urban survival, or something else?]
Dellas
 player, 33 posts
 Human
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 15:24
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 153):

Dellas nods back to Mancini and grabs the rope from his backpack
Narrator
 GM, 3781 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 19:07
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 154):

The rather minimal map of the undercity indicates the main causways on the first level. The sewers and their maintanancevrooms are below that on the second level, this place is not indicated on the map.
Mancini
 player, 60 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 19:16
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini takes out his scribal kit and adds their current location to the map, along with whatever is visible through each of the gates.

ooc: Cartography-14
14:15, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  cartography-14.

Narrator
 GM, 3782 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 19:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 156):

These gates look rather new, and the undercity map you have might not be the right scale to accommodate the spaces. DuClair had said he paid a fortune to have the dwarf Voorland install some gates. These might be them. Not all are the same style, and the wall immediately around several
 is black and shiny.


Ooc: I have too many threads running in the same group to post separate
maps, I will link them up via google drive
Aoife
 player, 261 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 14 Apr 2017
at 22:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 157):

No worries.

We can narrate what Aoife sees in a quick fly-around. If she detects movement, she will return pronto!
Narrator
 GM, 3785 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 15:48
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 158):

There are twisty corridors three yards wide through each of the gates,
there are areas of differing density, that Aoife marks as being doors.
This area is densely configured, unlike the wide conduits on Mancini's
Map. If this area connects to the main portion of the undercity, it isn't near this chamber.
Aoife
 player, 262 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 15 Apr 2017
at 22:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 159):

Aoife returns and resumes normal form. [Private to GM: But maintains the spell.]

"There are twisty corridors three yards wide through each of the gates, there are areas of differing density, that Aoife marks as being doors. This area is densely configured, unlike the wide conduits on Mancini's Map."
Dellas
 player, 34 posts
 Human
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 19:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 160):

"Should we go down boss?"
Mancini
 player, 61 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 20:19
Into the winecellars once more
"Can any of you track?"
Dellas
 player, 35 posts
 Human
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 20:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 162):

I'm good tracking things
Mancini
 player, 62 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 20:41
Into the winecellars once more
"Then you take point. See if you can track the ogres to where they've gone. Hilerno and Ardenas go next to give him some light, and to provide some protection if we're attacked. I'll follow behind with Oly. Norman can guard the rear. Aoife can fly along as she pleases."
Hilerno Orison
 player, 42 posts
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 22:34
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno lights a torch and takes his position, sword in hand.
Dellas
 player, 36 posts
 Human
Mon 17 Apr 2017
at 23:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 165):

Dellas go down to the level bellow and kneels to the floor looking for some tracks and clues


19:52, Today: Dellas rolled 10 using 3d6.  Tracking Per/A [2] 15.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 755 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 18 Apr 2017
at 08:51
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas follows Dellas down, careful to walk only where Dellas has already been.  His light dances around the room, always pointing where he's looking.
Oly
 player, 883 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 18 Apr 2017
at 17:30
Into the winecellars once more
Oly will follow when it's his turn...
Narrator
 GM, 3800 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 18 Apr 2017
at 21:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 168):

A great many tracks have been through this place, kobolds, trolls, a group of humans, something with small hooves, and also something with large flat feet. Near some of the char marks toward the north easternmost gate,
there are claw marks in the wall, and marks in the ash of something quite large, or several oddly shaped small things, but you aren't sure which.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:16, Wed 19 Apr 2017.

Dellas
 player, 37 posts
 Human
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 13:52
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 169):

Dellas make a hand gesture to the rest of the party pointing to the north easternmost gate.
He tries to walk as silent as possible, blending himself with the shadows.


09:51, Today: Dellas rolled 12 using 3d6.  Stealth 16.
kobold
 player, 41 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 14:20
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 170):

There are char marks all along the floor by the gate, and deep claw marks on the wall beside it.

The kobold with you shakes his head.
"This is old. The ogres were not in this space."
Mancini
 player, 63 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 14:23
Into the winecellars once more
"Where did you see them?"
Aoife
 player, 263 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 17:36
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 172):

With the group moving, Aoife moves around just ahead of them in bat form, returning to them when they change direction to move ahead in the new direction.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 756 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 19 Apr 2017
at 22:54
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas also moves as quietly as possible, flanking Dellas so his light shines ahead of them both.

[Private to GM: 18:54, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
kobold
 player, 42 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Thu 20 Apr 2017
at 02:10
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to kobold (msg # 171):

"My brother, not I. They retreated, and locked the gates, leaving tools behind... and another the ogre snatched."
Mancini
 player, 64 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 20:24
Into the winecellars once more
"Then why are you guiding us instead of your brother?" Mancini asked, sure he'd asked the kobold to send someone who'd seen the ogre. "Never mind. Lead us to where the ogres were seen."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 758 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 21 Apr 2017
at 22:35
Into the winecellars once more
Every few steps, Ardenas looks around the area, the broad beam of his light swinging with each movement of his head.  Within a second or two, each time, he returns to facing forward so his light assists Dellas.
kobold
 player, 43 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Sat 22 Apr 2017
at 03:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 176):

"My brother has a broken arm, he may never work as a laborer again.
One of the ogres threw a troll skull at him."

Aoife
 player, 264 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 22 Apr 2017
at 04:11
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to kobold (msg # 178):

Aoife continues to be close to the scouts. She does not seem to like the sound of flying troll skulls...
Mancini
 player, 65 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 22 Apr 2017
at 04:45
Into the winecellars once more
"Well. We don't expect any laboring from you. Just lead us to where we need to go, and hide if there's trouble."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 759 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 22 Apr 2017
at 11:20
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas addresses the kobold.  "Was your brother able to have the bones set and splinted, so the arm will heal straight?"
kobold
 player, 44 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 17:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 181):

"He was on his way to see the guild surgeon, Master Averus, and was to see Zeel-Zeel after."

A distant thumping can be heard from the northeast gate.
Mancini
 player, 66 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 18:25
Into the winecellars once more
"Don't distract the help—" Mancini begins, stopping at the thumping. "Quickly, this way. Be ready. If these are the ogres, try not to kill any if they attack, not until we can calm them down."
Oly
 player, 884 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 20:32
Into the winecellars once more
How are we calming dem?
Mancini
 player, 67 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 20:58
Into the winecellars once more
"If none of you have a magical means, then I speak Ogrish, and I can be very persuasive," Mancini said. "But if we need to incapacitate them, then so be it. Killing any makes negotiations more difficult."
Aoife
 player, 265 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 22:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 185):

Aoife fly's off in the direction of the noise.

[Private to GM: She will return at the first sign of trouble.]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 760 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 23 Apr 2017
at 22:53
Into the winecellars once more
"Incapacitating without killing matches my preference."

Ardenas takes a ready stance, left side toward the source of the noise.
Oly
 player, 885 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 01:45
Into the winecellars once more
Oly is seems perplexed and looks for a good hide position.
Mancini
 player, 68 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 01:47
Into the winecellars once more
"Questions, Oly?"
Oly
 player, 886 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 01:50
Into the winecellars once more
I dunno how do incapazidade a ogre ... an dey iz big and can be mean. I ain' no fighder, zo I z geddin' ouda da way.
Mancini
 player, 69 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 01:56
Into the winecellars once more
"Ideally there won't be any need for violence, unless they're unwilling to treat with us in good nature. If everything goes pear-shaped, I suggest you treat matters like a puzzle." He grinned. "You've a hand. You've a blade. They have throats and are easily distracted. I'm sure you can figure out the solution."
Oly
 player, 887 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 02:03
Into the winecellars once more
I know how do zdiff one if need be ... bud incapazidade I dunno' ...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 761 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 08:58
Into the winecellars once more
"Hamstrings, perhaps?  If they can't stand or walk, we just have to stay out of reach."
Dellas
 player, 38 posts
 Human
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 12:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 193):

Dellas lets Mancini take the lead and start looking in the ground for three small round rocks to juggle and help distract the Ogres
Hilerno Orison
 player, 43 posts
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 18:34
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno readies his blade, intending to attack with the flat if he's able to, or otherwise attack to disable rather than to slay.
Narrator
 GM, 3841 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 18:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 195):

Aoife flies off through the bars, as yet no one has unlocked the gate.

[Private to Aoife:the corridor forks and twists and has many doors. You travel a fair distance without encountering them]

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 18:40, Mon 24 Apr 2017.

Mancini
 player, 70 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 18:39
Into the winecellars once more
"Dellas. Unlock the gate."
Dellas
 player, 39 posts
 Human
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 19:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 197):

Dellas nods to Mancini and takes his pickpocketing tools out of a pocket in his cloak and starts very carefully to work in the lock's mechanisms

14:57, Today: Dellas rolled 8 using 3d6.  Lockpicking 13.
Oly
 player, 888 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 19:27
Into the winecellars once more
Oly nods at Dellas skill... Nod Bad
Mancini
 player, 71 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 24 Apr 2017
at 19:35
Into the winecellars once more
"You could learn a lot from Oly," Mancini nodded.
Aoife
 player, 266 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 01:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 200):

Aoife will return presently.

[Private to GM: Will not go too far without support...]
Narrator
 GM, 3847 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 21:22
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 201):

The gate swings open with a squeak, revealing a 4 yard wide corridor that makes a turn to the left after a half dozen yards.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 762 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 22:40
Into the winecellars once more
"Dellas, you might want to hang behind me with your bow for this stretch."

Ardenas moves forward just short of the bend on the opposite side of the corridor (i.e. "outside" of the corner), where he can see partially around the corner without exposing himself more than by the light from his lamp.
Dellas
 player, 40 posts
 Human
Tue 25 Apr 2017
at 22:55
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 203):

Dellas slowly takes his bow out and follows Ardenas, trying to be as silent as possible
Hilerno Orison
 player, 44 posts
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 19:30
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno continues to move with the group, torch and sword in hands.
Dellas
 player, 41 posts
 Human
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 20:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 205):

Dellas stops for a second, trying to see or hear anything ahead


16:12, Today: Dellas rolled 10 using 3d6.  Observation Per/A [2] 15.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 765 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 22:31
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas also listens for movement ahead.

[Private to GM: 18:30, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 3d6.  Perception, to hear if there's something ahead (10).]
Aoife
 player, 267 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 26 Apr 2017
at 22:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 207):

Aoife sits on Dallas shoulder, if he is willing...
Dellas
 player, 42 posts
 Human
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 02:41
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 208):

Dellas looks at Aoife in his shoulders and smile
Narrator
 GM, 3856 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 16:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 209):

There is a distant sound of something being dragged, and some stomping. This whole area reeks of smoke.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 766 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 27 Apr 2017
at 21:40
Into the winecellars once more
In the faintest whisper he can manage, Ardenas addresses Dellas.

"I'll move foward, you follow -- give me a little space."

Then Ardenas steps out and advances slowly past the corner, treading as lightly as possible.

[Private to GM: 17:39, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Dellas
 player, 43 posts
 Human
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 11:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 211):

Dellas follows Ardenas after a time, always very silently in the shadows.
Hilerno Orison
 player, 45 posts
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 17:17
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno hangs behind, aware of where his torch casts shadows, shielding it with his body when needed.
Oly
 player, 889 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 17:35
Into the winecellars once more
Oly watches behind them as well ... But keeps an eye out for where the group goes too.
Narrator
 GM, 3867 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Apr 2017
at 20:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 214):

On this map North is to the left. The pit has a grating over it and you went through the NE doorway https://drive.google.com/file/...lE/view?usp=drivesdk
Aoife
 player, 268 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 29 Apr 2017
at 03:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 215):

Aoife stays in bat form with Dallas, observing in the darkness.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 767 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 29 Apr 2017
at 11:21
Into the winecellars once more
OOC: So the corridor went east, then turned north?

Ardenas continues to soft-foot forward, listening as he goes for the sounds we heard earlier.

[Private to GM: 07:20, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).
07:21, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Perception, to hear if there's something ahead (10).
]
Dellas
 player, 44 posts
 Human
Tue 2 May 2017
at 10:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 215):

Dellas walks very slowly to investigate the pit
Narrator
 GM, 3891 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 2 May 2017
at 15:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 218):

The pit is under a grating in the main room. Within the twisty corridor past the gate you unlocked are a number of doors. Some are singed, most have simple decorative carving.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 769 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 2 May 2017
at 22:26
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas continues forward, still scanning around him -- not just to see for himself, but so his light will provide illumination for Dellas to what we're passing.

[Private to GM: 18:26, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Dellas
 player, 45 posts
 Human
Wed 3 May 2017
at 13:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 219):

Dellas points to the carvings on one of the doors and whisper:

Does any of you recognize the symbols?
Mancini
 player, 72 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 3 May 2017
at 14:26
Into the winecellars once more
"They're likely decorative." Mancini walks slowly from door to door, examining each closely to see if there is sign of recent passage, pausing to listen.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:26, Wed 03 May 2017.

Aoife
 player, 269 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 3 May 2017
at 15:10
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 221):

Aoife scans the carvings with her bat senses.
Narrator
 GM, 3895 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 3 May 2017
at 20:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Dellas (msg # 221):

The carving seems to be merely decorative.

You cannot hear anything from behind the door

Nothing is moving in the immediate range of Aoife's sonar.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 772 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 3 May 2017
at 22:33
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas approaches the first door in the corridor, and waves at Mancini to get his attention, then angles his head at the door with a quizzical look and pantomimes pushing the door.
kobold
 player, 45 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Thu 11 May 2017
at 17:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 225):

The kobold shrugs, and pulls the door open, revealing a stack of bedding and what look like kobold personal ecfects.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 777 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 11 May 2017
at 22:07
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas gives an exaggerated shrug and moves across the hallway to the first door on that side, still listening for the noises we heard earlier.

[Private to GM: 18:07, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Narrator
 GM, 3922 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 12 May 2017
at 02:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 227):

Ardenas yanks open the door, and he can see an odd contraption in the room, an upturned
cauldron in a pile of sand.  The sand looks partly melted.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 778 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 12 May 2017
at 08:51
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas shakes his head, then repeats the shrug for the benefit of those following and moves to the next door.

[Private to GM: 04:51, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Aoife
 player, 270 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 12 May 2017
at 10:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 229):

Aoifewatches from her perch on Dallas shoulder with interest.
Narrator
 GM, 3926 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 12 May 2017
at 15:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 230):

The next door up has metal plating, incised with a decorative pattern.
Oly
 player, 890 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 12 May 2017
at 17:54
Into the winecellars once more
lookz like zumpin' hod in dere unner dad cauldron.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 779 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 12 May 2017
at 21:51
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas looks at the metal-coated door without touching it, then turns and whispers to Oly.

"Whatever was in there, I doubt it still is.  Sand has to be so hot to melt, we'd be able to feel the heat from the door.  I'm just trying to figure out where the ogres are -- otherwise, I presume this area was cleared out by the previous Guild group."

Once finished, he reaches out and eases the metal-clad door open to get a look behind it.
Narrator
 GM, 3931 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 15 May 2017
at 21:30
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 233):

Within the metal clad door is some kind of an artisan's shop. the tool racks are stripped, but
 there are the remains of a forge, and a bellows, and a small pile of coal. There are some
half- carved pieces of stone and wood, and some ingots of soft base metals, but nothing that looks valuable.
Aoife
 player, 271 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 15 May 2017
at 23:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 234):

Bat Aoife fly's over and takes Lepricaun form to investigate the ingots types.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 780 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 16 May 2017
at 09:04
Into the winecellars once more
In a barely audible whisper, "No ogres here.  The stuff in there belongs to our employer."

Leaving the door open for Aoife, Ardenas turns to investigate the next door.
Narrator
 GM, 3936 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 16 May 2017
at 23:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 236):

A small cot is in one corner of the next room. Dried herbs and lichens hang over a small battered brazier. There  is a small chest of drawers, which are all askew.
Oly
 player, 891 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 16 May 2017
at 23:12
Into the winecellars once more
Zumone lookin' fer zduff ... an' nod very good ad id I'd dink.
Aoife
 player, 272 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 16 May 2017
at 23:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 238):

Aoife sighs at Ardenas' comment and resumes bat form, flying ahead no more than a single room at a time.
Narrator
 GM, 3938 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 17 May 2017
at 01:22
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 239):

Aoifie can detect an opening into a larger space that does not have a door some distance ahead.
Aoife
 player, 273 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 17 May 2017
at 02:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 240):

She flies towards it until she reaches it or detects movement.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 781 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 17 May 2017
at 08:55
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas whispers back: "Might have just been in a hurry, Oly.  Weren't the last bunch down here fighting trolls as they went?"
Oly
 player, 892 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 17 May 2017
at 15:35
Into the winecellars once more
Ummm Maybe...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 782 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 17 May 2017
at 22:56
Into the winecellars once more
With bat-Aoife out of the room with the metal-clad door, Ardenas closes that door and quietlyfollows along in the direction the bat is traveling.

OOC: is she bypassing any additional doors we need to check?

[Private to GM: 18:55, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 11 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Aoife
 player, 274 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 17 May 2017
at 23:05
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 244):

No, she is only about 20 yards ahead at most, usually half that. She stops and hangs from the roof until everyone catches up to 5 yards behind her before flying off again.
Narrator
 GM, 3943 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 May 2017
at 14:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 245):

There is one more door before you get to the area she found, which has a large bronze gate partly open to the east.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 783 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 19 May 2017
at 22:43
Into the winecellars once more
Cringing as he audibly stubs his toe while advancing, Ardenas will peek through the opening Aoife bypassed, before pushing the door further open to view the entire room behind it.

[Private to GM: 18:42, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 13 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Narrator
 GM, 3951 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 20 May 2017
at 13:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 247):

A few stone vats are in this room, and a steady drip of water into a stone sink from a bronze pipe protruding into the wall. Between the sink and the vats is a conical cistern made in three tiers, with a low spigot. An iron bucket lies on its side. Something smells fermented in one of the vats.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 784 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 20 May 2017
at 23:06
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas continues along the hallway to where bat-Aoife has stopped.
Narrator
 GM, 3958 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 22 May 2017
at 21:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 249):

This is a cross corridor, and the eastern fork ends in a large bronze gate, which is unsecured. The wide arched corridor beyond it, running north/south has the look of one of the major conduits Ardenas passed through before with Zeelzeel.
Aoife
 player, 275 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 22 May 2017
at 22:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 250):

Bat-Aoife flies ahead to investigate, returning if she sees anything move or that looked alive.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 786 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 22 May 2017
at 23:52
Into the winecellars once more
On seeing the bronze gate, Ardenas frowns.  "That should be locked, shouldn't it?" he whispers.

He soft-foots up to the gate, and looks through it before touching the bronze.  If there's nothing alive in sight, he'll pull/push the gate shut (with a startling clang!).

[Private to GM: 19:50, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 15 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Narrator
 GM, 3963 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 24 May 2017
at 22:43
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 252):

The clanging sound echoes a bit, and there is some noise from the opposite (westward) corridor.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:43, Wed 24 May 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 787 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 25 May 2017
at 08:52
Into the winecellars once more
"Oly! Let's get this locked so we don't have to worry about it."  His whisper will carry across the room, if needed.

Ardenas heads for the west opening, where the other sound was heard -- still trying to move quietly.

[Private to GM: 04:51, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 11 using 3d6.  Stealth (12).]
Oly
 player, 893 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 25 May 2017
at 16:24
Into the winecellars once more
Oly heads over to the Brass gate Ardenas was at when he asked... he makes a quick check of the lock... zeemz odd locking dings inzdead of unlocking dem ... he says to no one in particular.





[Private to GM:  09:22, Today: Oly rolled 9 using 3d6.  Lock Picking to lock. By 7   ]
Narrator
 GM, 3974 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 25 May 2017
at 18:32
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 255):

O,y secures the gate. From down the hall you can hear grumbling and stomping.  Aoife can sense something large moving toward you.
Aoife
 player, 276 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 25 May 2017
at 19:19
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 256):

Aoife quickly returns to the others, resumes her usual form and reports that the ogres might be coming. Something large is, anyway.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 788 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 25 May 2017
at 22:07
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas takes up a position in the T intersection, in full view, the lamp on his helmet shining toward the source of the noise.
Oly
 player, 894 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 25 May 2017
at 22:24
Into the winecellars once more
Oly moves quickly and quietly to a place in the shadows, behind things if possible. If he has to fight, he wants it to be a surprise to his target.
Ogre
 NPC, 1 post
 Huge and ugly
Fri 26 May 2017
at 19:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 258):

A massive, if hunched figure, 8 feet tall and six wide, hideoys, with
warty yellowish skin and carrying a large club shambles toward you on
treetrunk legs, squinting at the light.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 789 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 27 May 2017
at 22:09
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas looks up at the hunched figure.

"Greetings!  I am Ardenas, called Barehand.  I mean you no harm, but wish to speak with you and your companions."

OOC: Speaking Aralaise, of course.
Aoife
 player, 277 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 28 May 2017
at 00:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 261):

Aoife bat becomes mischievous Aoife Lepricaun...
Ogre
 NPC, 2 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sun 28 May 2017
at 02:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 262):

The ogre growls, and bares his yellowed teeth, and raises his club!
Aoife
 player, 278 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 28 May 2017
at 04:11
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 263):

Aoife casts a spell.

[Private to GM: Shapeshift others, resisted by will, rolled 9 under, 8 under considering she has the shapeshift self still being maintained :) She has to hold it until she touches him with her wand or hand, right?]
Narrator
 GM, 3988 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 May 2017
at 00:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 264):

A faint crackle of energy surrounds Aoife's hand.
[Private to Aoife:you need to roll DX or brawling + relative size difference-he is SM+1, so I think that is a +5. Then he resists with will+MR]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 790 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 29 May 2017
at 23:05
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas drops into ready stance as the ogre's club rises.

At the top of his voice: "We would prefer not to fight!  But if we must, we will.  This place belongs to a surface dweller!"
Oly
 player, 895 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 29 May 2017
at 23:43
Into the winecellars once more
Oly draws his long knife and looks for a way to get behind the big guy...
Hilerno Orison
 player, 47 posts
Tue 30 May 2017
at 19:43
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno lowers the torch somewhat, to his side, his sword at the ready.
Narrator
 GM, 3997 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 31 May 2017
at 15:57
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 268):

Hilerno's weapon takes 2 hands...

Oly needs to make a stealth roll at -3
Oly
 player, 898 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 31 May 2017
at 18:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 269):

Oly slips around the big guy noiselessly in the shadows and checks behind the ogre to see if more may be coming, if so he signs the others how many he sees, if not he lines up his attack if needed.



[Private to GM: 11:47, Today: Oly rolled 5 using 3d6.  Stealth. By 11]
Hilerno Orison
 player, 48 posts
Wed 31 May 2017
at 20:10
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno wedges the torch somewhere for the moment.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 792 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 31 May 2017
at 23:29
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas holds his ready stance, looking for any sign that the ogre understood him.  Without looking aside, he speaks: "Does anyone have any idea what other languages this fellow might speak?"
Ogre
 NPC, 3 posts
 Huge and ugly
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 13:15
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 272):

The ogres's eyes shift from one of you to the next and focus on Hilerno.
The ogre steps forward, swinging his club...
Oly
 player, 899 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 16:31
Into the winecellars once more
Oly on the spur of the moment, decides killing this Ogre might completely sour relation chances, instead he takes a swinging draw cut the ogres Hamstring on his right leg.




[Private to GM: No clue what Modifiers you want to use for the called shot; 09:26, Today: Oly rolled 11 using 3d6.  Knife skill. made by 9 less Mods
09:26, Today: Oly rolled 14 using 2d6+2.  Knife Damage (cutting).  IF you allow a 2D6  +2 attack plus the fine weapon advantage of +1
09:26, Today: Oly rolled 4 using 1d6+2.  Knife Damage (cutting). If you call it a 1D6  +1 attack plus the fine weapon advantage of +1
]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 793 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 22:10
Into the winecellars once more
With one step and a leap, Ardenas rises high enough to look eye to eye with the ogre, and delivers a kick to the arm that's swinging the club, then lands back in ready stance between the ogre and Hilerno.

"No!" he shouts.

[Private to GM: 18:00, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  Jumping (16).
18:02, Today: Chou-Zhen Mou rolled 11 using 3d6.  Karate (kick) roll to hit (15)  targeting weapon arm (-2).
18:04, Today: Chou-Zhen Mou rolled 5 using 1d6+1.  Kick Damage.
18:06, Today: Chou-Zhen Mou rolled 4 using 1d6+1.  Acrobatics (14).
18:13, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 8 using 3d6.  Acrobatics (14) (corrected dice).
]

This message was last edited by the player at 22:14, Thu 01 June 2017.

Aoife
 player, 279 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 1 Jun 2017
at 22:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 275):

Aoife approachs the ogre from the side, or behind if possible, but stays out of range for now.
Ogre
 NPC, 3 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 12:24
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 276):

Ardenas launcges a flying kick, but the ogre's hide absorbs much of the blow. However, the crippling slice to its hamstring causes it to collapse,
Even as it swings at Hilerno...
[Private to Hilerno: dodge or parry or take a serious hit]

This message was last edited by the player at 12:24, Fri 02 June 2017.

Oly
 player, 900 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 15:13
Into the winecellars once more
Oly backs out of the way and gets back in the shadows.
Aoife
 player, 280 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 2 Jun 2017
at 22:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 278):

Aoife takes the chance to move in and strike the ogre with her staff. The magic dissipates...

[Private to GM: Rolled 7 under staff skill...he needs to make a will roll or dodge (if he even worries about the attack...)]
Narrator
 GM, 4007 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 4 Jun 2017
at 00:40
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 279):

Hilerno needs to respond before Aoife acts
Hilerno Orison
 player, 49 posts
Wed 7 Jun 2017
at 18:44
Into the winecellars once more
Hilerno stands still, where he is, sword still in one hand, to his side. His breath steady, he tries to speak calmly, but strongly.

"No need to fight. We are more. Room is small. Talk to us." He says that in Aralaise, and then in Valdassyan.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:45, Wed 07 June 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 4017 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 8 Jun 2017
at 22:30
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 281):

Hilerno was about to be struck. If he doesn't parry or dodge, he will take significant  damage.
Hilerno Orison
 player, 50 posts
Mon 12 Jun 2017
at 21:53
Into the winecellars once more
Oho! Well, in that case, he dodges.
Narrator
 GM, 4039 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 16 Jun 2017
at 19:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 283):

Roll under your dodge skill on the diceroller, post results here

This message was last updated by the GM at 19:49, Fri 16 June 2017.

Hilerno Orison
 player, 51 posts
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 21:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 284):

Hilerno sidesteps the Ogre's huge mace!
It cracks the flagstone he slams it into!

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:06, Sat 24 June 2017.

Aoife
 player, 281 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 24 Jun 2017
at 23:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 285):

Aoifes touch I now?
Ogre
 NPC, 4 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 03:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 286):

Aoife strikes the ogre, and he starts to shimmer... what is he turning into?
Aoife
 player, 282 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 06:05
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 287):

Aoife only has one option... a tuna!
Ogre
 NPC, 5 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 26 Jun 2017
at 19:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 288):

The ogre's shape blurs and it collapses onto the floor, flopping!
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 796 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 08:48
Into the winecellars once more
"Aoife!  We aren't here to kill them, we just need to get them out of this section of the cellars."
Oly
 player, 901 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 19:14
Into the winecellars once more
Id ain' dead yed ...
Aoife
 player, 283 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 27 Jun 2017
at 23:52
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 291):

"You seemed to be a whole lot more violent than this. If you like I can dispel it and you can go back to him trying to kill you..."
Mancini
 player, 73 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 00:18
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 292):

"He is disarmed, perhaps we can throw a rope around him before turning him back?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 14:43, Wed 28 June 2017.

Oly
 player, 902 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 01:15
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 292):

I ain' godz yer magical eider
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 797 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 28 Jun 2017
at 08:48
Into the winecellars once more
"Still, how will we negotiate with the others if we kill this one?  Is there some way to keep him in this form, but keep him from dying?  A spell to let the fish breathe air, perhaps?"
Aoife
 player, 284 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 01:40
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 295):

"Anyone have a large container of water? What about that cauldron in the other room? Any spellcasters can create water? I sadly cannot..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 799 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 08:56
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm limited to Movement College, I fear.  I could levitate the fish, for a short time, or even the cauldron, but I can't create water."
Hilerno Orison
 player, 53 posts
Thu 29 Jun 2017
at 22:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 297):

"Turn him back, small fey. It is not fitting that such a combatant die from suffocation."
Aoife
 player, 286 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 00:07
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 298):

"Are you sure?"
Oly
 player, 903 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 02:30
Into the winecellars once more
Wid luck he haz noded whad could happen ifn' he don' play nice.
Aoife
 player, 287 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 08:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 300):

Aoife dispels the spell and steps back.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 802 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 09:14
Into the winecellars once more
As the fish begins to shift back into ogre's shape, Ardenas watches for arms to appear, and attempts to catch one before it's fully formed, but is unbalanced by his heavy pack and misses the grab.

[Private to GM: 05:13, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 13 using 3d6.  Grapple w/ Judo skill (12), targeting arm (-2).]
Ogre
 NPC, 6 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 30 Jun 2017
at 19:57
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 302):

The ogre reforms, face down and flopping, gasping, very disoriented, and stunned.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Fri 30 June 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 803 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 00:16
Into the winecellars once more
Quick-releasing his backpack, Ardenas rummages inside for rope before pulling out a coil of heavy stuff.

"Oly, help me hogtie him."  Holding several feet, he tosses the rest of the coil toward the ogre's feet before starting to wrap the part he held around the wrists, pulling them together in the small of the ogre's back.

"Anyone good with knots?  I'm as likely to tie a slipknot as one that'll hold."


OOC: This is 3/4" rope, rated for 1100 lbs., twenty yards total.
Aoife
 player, 288 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 01:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 304):

"Dont look at me..."
Oly
 player, 906 posts
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 15:21
Into the winecellars once more

This message was deleted by the player at 15:24, Sat 01 July 2017.

Oly
 player, 907 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 15:23
Into the winecellars once more
OK... Nod real gud wid knodz mezelf ... lemmme dry.

[5 blank lines suppressed]

[Private to GM: 08:22, Today: Oly rolled 8 using 3d6.  Remembering a knot.]

This message was last edited by the player at 23:10, Sat 01 July 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 807 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 22:27
Into the winecellars once more
While Oly works on tying the ogre's wrists, Ardenas will move to wrapping his ankles, while keeping an eye on him to be sure he doesn't recover too much before we can get him immobilized.
Ogre
 NPC, 7 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 1 Jul 2017
at 23:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 308):

The ogre stirs, the ropes at his wrists holding.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 809 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 2 Jul 2017
at 21:54
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas keeps a close eye on the ogre's movements.  "Can someone hold this rope, or take another couple turns around his ankles?"

When someone takes over the rope, Ardenas will move to the ogre's head.  "Do yourself a huge favor, and stay quiet.  If I have to stun you, it'll hurt a lot more than turning into a fish."
Ogre
 NPC, 8 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 14:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 310):

The ogre seems to be both frightened and confused, and his movements are weak.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 812 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 3 Jul 2017
at 23:15
Into the winecellars once more
"Okay, let's try talking again.  Do you speak any Aralaise at all?"
Ogre
 NPC, 9 posts
 Huge and ugly
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 03:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 312):

"Fish... no more fish!"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 03:04, Tue 04 July 2017.

Aoife
 player, 289 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 4 Jul 2017
at 08:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 313):

" Friendly ogre, no fish. Nasty ogre, fishy ogre! We did try to be nice..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 813 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 5 Jul 2017
at 10:58
Into the winecellars once more
"I am Ardenas.  Do you have a name?"
Ogre
 NPC, 10 posts
 Huge and ugly
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 03:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 315):

"They call me Borug."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 01:38, Fri 07 July 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 814 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 6 Jul 2017
at 08:58
Into the winecellars once more
"Well, Borug, I for one would rather talk to you than fight.  Are there more of your kind near here?"
Ogre
 NPC, 11 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 7 Jul 2017
at 01:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 317):

"Fergush, Winslow, Dhreck, Margala live here now with Borug."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Sat 08 July 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 815 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 19:34
Into the winecellars once more
"The problem is, this section of the cellars belongs to a surface dweller, Lamont DuClaire.  He's in pretty tight with the Guild, and you don't want to have them against you.  If you five don't find another place, they'll send people down here to kill you, but they sent us first, to try to talk you into leaving."
Ogre
 NPC, 12 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 20:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 319):

"I go where Fergush and Margala go."
Ogre
 NPC, 12 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 8 Jul 2017
at 20:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 319):

"I go where Fergush and Margala go."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 816 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 10 Jul 2017
at 08:58
Into the winecellars once more
"Well, then we apparently need to talk to Fergush and Margala.  Are Winslow and Dhruck with them?"
Ogre
 NPC, 14 posts
 Huge and ugly
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 01:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 321):

"Winslow have own room. Dhruck sleep wherever."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 817 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 08:57
Into the winecellars once more
"Why did you all come here at this time?"
Ogre
 NPC, 15 posts
 Huge and ugly
Tue 11 Jul 2017
at 15:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 323):

Borug shrugs.
 "Trolls gone. Empty place."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 818 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 08:54
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas turns to Oly and Aoife, with a helpless look on his face.

"Trolls gone.  So these guys moved into the vacancy.  This will happen again, if we clear these guys out and the space stands empty."
Aoife
 player, 290 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 09:16
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 325):

"Wait, if they were beating up kobolds, then it was not empty..."
Oly
 player, 908 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 16:56
Into the winecellars once more
Oly nods ... Dadz Drue Aoife, dough dey may nod dink much o' da Kobaldz
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 819 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 22:31
Into the winecellars once more
"Or it might have been empty when they arrived, and the kobolds came on shift after they'd settled in.  Regardless, we need to convince them to leave, so we don't have to kill them."  Ardenas cuts his eyes toward the bound ogre as he says this.  "Hate to leave this guy an orphan."
Oly
 player, 909 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 12 Jul 2017
at 23:33
Into the winecellars once more
Maybe fine' dem a bedder place ... dey can help guard.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 820 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 08:58
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm not sure how well that will work.  I'm starting to get the impression that all this space under the city is more occupied than vacant, between the hobgoblins, trolls, ogres, kobolds, Shevnians, slorn, and heaven only knows what else.  The ogres may have been looking for a vacant place because something pushed them out of wherever they'd been before.

"I wonder if it might be possible to just make peace with these, and hire them to keep other things out of DuClair's section of the undercity.  We'd have to talk to him, of course, but I think that's got a better likelihood of long term success than just pushing them out or killing them."

Aoife
 player, 291 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 09:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 330):

"Are Winslow and Druck even ogres?"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 538 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 17:33
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini thought for a second.  "That is a good question.  If they're not, this could be even more tricky than if they are simply ogres."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 821 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 13 Jul 2017
at 22:11
Into the winecellars once more
"You raise a good point.  Winslow, especially, sounds more like a human name.

"Borug, are Winslow and Druck ogres like you, or human like me, or something else?"

Ogre
 NPC, 16 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 14 Jul 2017
at 03:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 333):

"All ogres. Not all same tribe, tribe together now."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 21:24, Sun 16 July 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 822 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 14 Jul 2017
at 08:54
Into the winecellars once more
"Can you introduce us to Fergush and Margala?  And help convince them not to fight?"
Oly
 player, 910 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 14 Jul 2017
at 16:20
Into the winecellars once more
An we can fix yer ankle I dink...
Mancini
 player, 74 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 14 Jul 2017
at 16:52
Into the winecellars once more
"Does anyone here know more than basic First Aid?"  Mancini asked.  "I would hate to offer something we do not have to give."
Aoife
 player, 292 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 14 Jul 2017
at 23:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 337):

"I can heal him."

She mutters barely more that a syllable as she moves up quickly to touch the wound before the ogre can object.

[Private to GM: Rolled 11, Major healing of 4 pts]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 824 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 15 Jul 2017
at 00:15
Into the winecellars once more
"Borug, if we let your feet loose so you can take us to Fergush and Margala, can we trust you not to run or fight?"
Ogre
 NPC, 17 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 21:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 339):

The ogre was not seriously injured, but had a bruise where Aoife struck him and had sustained shock from the transformation. Nevertheless, the healing restores him somewhat.
The ogre puffs out his chest, and glaresat  whoever has his mace, his eyes narrowing as he cracks his knuckles.




Ooc: the spell made him fail a fright check... and I just rolled a 5 for morale...
Oly
 player, 912 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 22:19
Into the winecellars once more
Be calm or I'll cud your hamzdring again
Aoife
 player, 293 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 16 Jul 2017
at 22:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 341):

Aoife steps around behind him and casts another spell...

[Private to GM: Shapeshift others again, not discharged...]
Ogre
 NPC, 18 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 17:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 342):

Borug glares at Oly and snorts, then notices Aoife's chanting...
"Wait...what little ginger do?"
Oly
 player, 913 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 17:04
Into the winecellars once more
Gonna' behave?
Aoife
 player, 294 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 21:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 344):

"Nothing...if you play nice. You are playing nice, right, and not looking for a fight?  I love to get up to fishy mischief in a fight.. "
Mancini
 player, 75 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 21:48
Into the winecellars once more
Seeing that this could become a mess quickly, Mancini decides to try a little fast talk.

"Borug,"Mancini said, as he focused on the large ogre, "I thought we were all friends here. No one's here to hurt you.  I'm sure whatever the ginger is trying to cast over there is not meant for you."  He turned towards Aoife and with a knowing look, "Right?"

He turns back to Borug.  "But, as a sign of good faith, among friends, could you please calm down?"


(OOC:17:39, Today: Mancini rolled 11 using 3d6.  Fast Talk (17). Roll passed.)
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 827 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 17 Jul 2017
at 23:08
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes, please do -- if you stay calm and work with us, we won't need to hurt you or turn you back into a fish.  All we want for now is to talk to Fergush and Margala."
Ogre
 NPC, 19 posts
 Huge and ugly
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 21:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 347):

"NO Fish!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 828 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 22:32
Into the winecellars once more
"Take us to Fergush and Margala, and help us convince them not to fight, and no fish."
Aoife
 player, 295 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 22:41
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 348):

"Like I said, friendly ogre, no fish."
Mancini
 player, 76 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 22:44
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini was getting peeved.  How could you strike a bargain with the creature if your group keep threatening it every time you turned around?

"Borug, I promise they won't turn you into a smelly fish.  They're just tired, and obviously don't know what they're saying.  Maybe we can help each other out.  You help us find the rest of your group, and we give you something in return.  Say, what do ogres like, anyways?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 830 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 19 Jul 2017
at 22:47
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas glares at Mancini and shakes his head vigorously, but too late to stop the contradiction.  He shakes his head again, this time slowly, with downcast eyes.
Ogre
 NPC, 20 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 21 Jul 2017
at 01:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini  (msg # 351):

"FOOD"
Mancini
 player, 77 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 20:37
Into the winecellars once more
He walks over to Aoife and keeping his voice down to a low whisper, "I said you couldn't turn him into a fish, but I didn't say you couldn't turn him into something equally odious. What else could you turn him into if he doesn't keep up his end?"

Mancini thought for a second.  "Is there a treaty between the guild and the ogres?"  He was a man of his word, but he was not going to spend any more than he had to, especially if it was going  to come out of his pocket.
Aoife
 player, 297 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 00:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 354):

"All I got is a fish... But I don't always have to obey you...if he gets nasty, I will disregard your orders, you can be sure of that." she says in her usual voice with a cheeky grin. You notice her staff still glows eerily.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 832 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 09:13
Into the winecellars once more
"Borug, I'm not sure Mancini here can control the little ginger.  I think it would be better if you introduce us to Fergush and Margala and help us convince them, along with Winslow and Druck, not to fight.  Otherwise, I can't be sure you won't wind up as sushi."
Aoife
 player, 298 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 11:10
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 356):

"Hmmm, Sushi, hey if Fergush wants to fight...do you like sushi, Borug?"

She asks in a disturbingly cheerful tone.
Ogre
 NPC, 21 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 19:32
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 357):

Borug looks at her questioningly, as if there were a few words he didn't  understand.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 833 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 23:25
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas lets out a sigh.  "I don't think ogres have discovered sushi."  Turning to Borug, "The Sahudese love to eat raw fish rolled up in rice and seaweed.  Behave yourself, and that won't be you.

"Meanwhile, we still need to talk to Fergush and Margala.  Where are they?"

Ogre
 NPC, 22 posts
 Huge and ugly
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 18:53
Into the winecellars once more
"Oh. Fish no fire is sushi... who eat rice? Bleagh! Fergush and Margala near bigger room, by water room."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 834 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 22:33
Into the winecellars once more
"If we untie your feet, will you lead us there and help us persuade Fergush and Margala not to fight?"
Ogre
 NPC, 23 posts
 Huge and ugly
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 15:57
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 361):

"I no fight Fergush."
Oly
 player, 914 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 17:24
Into the winecellars once more
No Fighd Anyone!
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 837 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 23:10
Into the winecellars once more
"Make Fergush not fight us?"
Aoife
 player, 302 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 23:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 364):

"Or should I do that. I believe there is a cat around here somewhere that really likes fish..."
Ogre
 NPC, 24 posts
 Huge and ugly
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 16:21
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 364):

"I bring to Fergush, say NO Fight!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 838 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 21:40
Into the winecellars once more
"That's all we wanted.  Let us get your feet free, and then we'll follow you to Fergush."

Ardenas makes a "letting go" gesture toward Oly.
Aoife
 player, 303 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 23:23
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 367):

Aoife smiles and waits well back, ready to follow.
Mancini
 player, 78 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 00:19
Into the winecellars once more
"Then lead on, my ogre friend."

He grabs his scribal kit from his backpack in order to begin to sketch a crude map, in case they get lost or ambushed.
Oly
 player, 915 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 17:52
Into the winecellars once more
Oly relaxes the ropes and lets the Ogre rise as he gets some distance between himself the ogre.
Ogre
 NPC, 25 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 19:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 370):

The ogre leads you around a turn, and past a metal faced door sculpted  to resemble a male troll with a prominent... knob.
Aoife
 player, 304 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 21:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 371):

Which Aoife promptly sits on to take a selfie...
Ogre
 NPC, 26 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 01:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 372):

The ogre bursts out in a huge guffaw, and doubles over laughing.
"Huurr hurr,you funny little ginger!"
Mancini
 player, 79 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:31
Into the winecellars once more
Mancin follows on with the group, adding on to the map.  He pauses for a second to draw a picture of Aoife on the giant knob, finding it mildly humorous.

"Ogres have humor.  Interesting.", he muses to himself.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 839 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 10:19
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas joins in with a half-suppressed snicker.  "I'm guessing the new owner will have that replaced, unless he's a collector or some kind of sage.  Maybe you can buy it off his work crew."

Once Aoife has finished clowning, and the ogre finishes appreciating the hilarity, he gestures the group forward.

"Come on, Fergush awaits."
Aoife
 player, 305 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 11:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 375):

Aoife wastes no time in getting off the statue, with her mischievous smile, and following the others.

Her staff remains with a green glow, however...
Ogre
 NPC, 27 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 18:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 376):

"Funny door. He smile when turn up. Pictures inside, Fergush and Margala use room for private time."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 841 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 23:49
Into the winecellars once more
"Are they inside now?  Perhaps we should let them finish their private time."

Turning to Oly, Ardenas whispers: "Or perhaps we should enter immediately, to catch them with their pants down.  See if you can spot something to tie Borug's leash onto."
Oly
 player, 916 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 01:05
Into the winecellars once more
Be nice! Ferguzh wouldn't be our friend afder an acd like dad.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 842 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 09:15
Into the winecellars once more
"I suppose you're right."

Ardenas looks expectantly at Borug.
Mancini
 player, 80 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 19:08
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini keeps sketching onto the map.

"Remember, we need them as friends, so no to the leash.  As amusing as a pet would be..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 843 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 22:54
Into the winecellars once more
"Well, Borug?  Are Fergush and Margala in there now?"
Hilerno Orison
 player, 54 posts
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 14:15
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 382):

The big barbarian reaches over to the metal door and gives a knock.
Narrator
 GM, 4238 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 22:50
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 383):

The door echoes heavily, and a deep muffled woice answers curtly and indistinctly.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 845 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 23:03
Into the winecellars once more
"Well, I guess that answers that.  Borug, do you know where Winslow and Druck might be?  Will you take us to them?"
Ogre
 NPC, 28 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 23:30
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 385):

"Druck and winslow make camp together in room on other side of big room."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 846 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 10:33
Into the winecellars once more
"Okay, let's go see Druck and Winslow, then we'll come back to talk to Fergush and Margala.  Lead the way, Borug."
Ogre
 NPC, 29 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 13:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 387):

Borug leads you into a large room with many smaller rooms to the side, and heads over to a double door on the far side. He calls out
"Druck, Winslow! Come out of eachother and talk to guests!"
Oly
 player, 917 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 19:30
Into the winecellars once more
Dad zoundz Zordid!
Mancini
 player, 80 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 21:49
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini continues to sketch the area.  These maps will be extremely useful later on and for the guild.

This message was last updated by the player at 21:49, Sat 05 Aug 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 849 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 00:31
Into the winecellars once more
"I agree, it sounds as if we might be interrupting, but let's see what we get."
Aoife
 player, 308 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 00:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 391):

Aoife stands by cautiously, her staff still glowing green.
Mancini
 player, 81 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 01:19
Into the winecellars once more
When he had finished his sketching, Mancini decided to go and knock on the door.

"Druck, Winslow... this is Mancini on behalf of the guild," he began.  "As much fun as you probably are having at the moment, I have important guild business to discuss with you.  Please come out so that we may speak as friends, and not behind some silly door."

(OOC: 21:13, Today: Mancini rolled 14 using 3d6.  Diplomacy (16))
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 1 post
 Axe wielding and ugly
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 18:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 393):

A sweaty, half dressed ogre, more formidable looking than Bogur peers out of the door, a large axe in his gnarled fist.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:27, Sun 06 Aug 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 851 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 22:55
Into the winecellars once more
"We're sorry if we've interrupted something, but we need to speak to you and your partner, as well as Fergush and Margala.  It's a matter of utmost importance, potentially life and death."
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 2 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 14:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 395):

Perturbed by the interruption (and home invasion)to say the least, Druck growls and hefts his axe. "Get out of here! This is our place!"


Ooc: intrusions without invitations are always at -5

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:44, Sat 12 Aug 2017.

Aoife
 player, 309 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 18:43
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogrish warrior (msg # 396):

Aoife, her staff still glowing, deftly moves to behind the open door with the hostile ogre in it.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 853 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 22:45
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas moves one foot back, taking the footing for Ready Position without moving his hands.

"Well, Mr., uh, Winslow, isn't it?  That's exactly the problem.

"You see, a surface dweller, Lamont DuClair, sent an expedition down here to remove the trolls from these cellars before you moved in.  He did that because, according to the law, he owns the chambers and tunnels beneath his surface property.

"Now, the people he sent down here, from what I heard, killed a lot of the trolls they found.  Burned them with fire.  A whole tribe of them.  I'm concerned that if we can't work something out, they'll do the same to your group.

"I'm a peaceful man, if I have a choice.  I'd rather not see more death here.  I'd much rather help you find another place to live."


[Private to GM: Ardenas begins concentrating to reduce skill penalty for a Power Blow (B215) after speaking.]
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 3 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 15:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 398):

"I am Druck! He is Winslow!"
The ogre steps out and to the side,
as a similarly large ogre with a battle axe steps beside him.
Aoife
 player, 311 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 18:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogrish warrior (msg # 399):

Aoife remains quiet...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 856 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 23:21
Into the winecellars once more
"My apologies, Druck.  I am Ardenas, called Barehand."

Ardenas steps back to give room for Winslow and Druck's passage through the door, once more ending in the foot position of Ready Stance, but with hands relaxed at his side.

[Private to GM: Continuing concentration in preparation for Power Blow.]
Norman
 player, 4 posts
 Guard
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 16:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 401):

Mancini's bodyguard casually steps in front of him.
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 4 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Tue 15 Aug 2017
at 16:11
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Norman (msg # 402):

For some reason, Druck seems even angrier vecause of the apology!
His companion, while perturbed, stays his hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:14, Tue 15 Aug 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 857 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 08:54
Into the winecellars once more
"I would prefer to discuss this without fighting, but we can and will fight if we must.  Borug, tell Druck how we defeated you."

[Private to GM: Continuing concentration for upcoming Power Blow.]
Ogre
 NPC, 30 posts
 Huge and ugly
Wed 16 Aug 2017
at 20:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 404):

"Druck, little Ginger turn me into a fish!"
Mancini
 player, 82 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 19:52
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini decides to let others do the talking.... for now.
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 5 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 20:55
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 406):

Winslow pales considerably, and, suddenly noticing Aoife, backs away, nearly knocking over his partner. Previously, he seemed ready to get his axe wet, but now, wide eyed and trembling  slightly, he seems quite attentive.
Aoife
 player, 314 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 22:19
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogrish warrior (msg # 407):

"Should I call my kitty for lunch, or are we playing nice?"

Aoife asks mischievously, her staff still glowing ominously.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:07, Thu 17 Aug 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 860 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 17 Aug 2017
at 23:00
Into the winecellars once more
"You haven't fed your cat, yet?"  Ardenas slips Aoife a wry half-smile and sidewise wink.

"Now, as I said, I prefer to be peaceful, if I have a choice.  We need to collect Fergush and Margala, and then try to find you all another place to stay, so Mr. DuClair can finish cleaning up down here."
Mancini
 player, 83 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 19:12
Into the winecellars once more
"I would advise listening to Ardenas, the one they call Barehand.  I  have heard Aoife's kitty is one dangerous beast, and I would hate to be around when she summons it...."

Mancini shuddered, playing up his fear.
Oly
 player, 919 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 19 Aug 2017
at 22:38
Into the winecellars once more
Yeah, ezpezhally if you wuz a fizh!
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 6 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Sun 20 Aug 2017
at 14:52
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 411):

"Fergush! Come here!"
Narrator
 GM, 4327 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 20:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogrish warrior (msg # 412):

There is a clanging sound down the hall, and heavy stomping.
Aoife
 player, 315 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 21:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 413):

Aoife makes sure that she is not between the orges here and the new arrival.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 861 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 22:26
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas also adopts a position that won't obstruct Fergush, and resumes his foot stance.
Mancini
 player, 84 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 22 Aug 2017
at 22:54
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini, hearing the stomping, decides it would wise to try and get out of the ogre's way.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 1 post
 In charge and ugly
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 00:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 416):

A larger Ogre carrying a spiked maul comes angrily around the corridor, an equally large ogress barely visible behind him, as he blocks most of the passage.
Oly
 player, 920 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 02:46
Into the winecellars once more
Hmmm, may need a fizh fry...
Aoife
 player, 316 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 03:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 418):

How far is Aoife from the newcomer, and what is his facing relative to her?
Narrator
 GM, 4332 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 17:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 419):

He is five yards away, and almost 3 yards tall...
Aoife
 player, 317 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 21:06
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 420):

And facing her, or with his back to her? Can she move round behind him if he is facing her?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 862 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 23 Aug 2017
at 22:34
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas stands tall (to his full height of five feet eight inches), looks the oncoming Fergush in the eye, and speaks up, as loudly as possible without sounding like he's shouting.

"Hold your water!  We're here to help you!"
Mancini
 player, 85 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 24 Aug 2017
at 01:03
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini moves to let the ogre through, but is smart enough to keep behind Norman.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 2 posts
 In charge and ugly
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 18:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 423):

Ignoring the small people, Fergush steps to the other ogre, poking him in the chest hard enough to push him back a step, and shouting into his face

"HOW MANY TIMES I TELL YOU, YOU NO TELL ME TO COME, I TELL YOU WHEN TO COME. YOU NOT BOSS HERE, I AM!"



There is no space to get behind or around him, bur Aoife could run under Winslow's legs and get to him that way, but would be at grave risk of being trod upon.
Aoife
 player, 318 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 19:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 424):

Aoife tries to touch the ogres foot with her staff, not at all successfully.

[Private to GM: Critical failure on the touch attack. I assume if the staff is dropped, the spell reverts to her hand, right?]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:29, Fri 25 Aug 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 4339 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 19:22
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 425):

The staff is merely unreadied- the butt caught in a crack between flagstones and you nearly dropped it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:50, Fri 25 Aug 2017.

Aoife
 player, 319 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 25 Aug 2017
at 19:30
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 426):

She quickly pulls it out and readies it.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 863 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 10:02
Into the winecellars once more
"We asked him to call you!"  Ardenas still stands his ground, still keeping his voice pitched low to sound as big as possible.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 3 posts
 In charge and ugly
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 20:05
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 428):

"WHO YOU TO TELL HIM CALL ME? WHY YOU IN MY HOUSE!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 865 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 23:14
Into the winecellars once more
Lowering his voice to normal conversational level, Ardenas answers.

"See, that's the problem.  The law of the surface dwellers says this isn't your home.  This area belongs to Lamont DuClair, who owns the surface property above it.  If we can't find you and your group a new home, the same thing will happen to you as to the trolls who were here before you.

"Most of them were killed, the rest driven out with fire.  If you stay here, surface dwellers will come and kill you, and Margala, and Winslow, and Druck, and Borug."
  He pauses for a moment.  "Is Borug your son?"
Aoife
 player, 320 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 26 Aug 2017
at 23:17
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 429):

Aoife tries to stay hidden almost beneath the massive ogres feet as she reaches up and touches some skin with her staff, discharging the sinister green glow it had been holding.

[Private to GM: Rolled 7 under stealth, rolled 4 under staff attack skill, which would also benefit from the targets SM...Spell Shapeshift Other (Tuna), resisted by will...]
Ogre boss
 NPC, 4 posts
 In charge and ugly
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 20:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 431):

While not particularly strong of will, ogres are somewhat magic resistant, and the now enraged ogre maintains his form. He turns toward Ardenas.
"BORUG NO SONE OF MINE. HIM JUNIOR GANG MEMBER. YOU GET OUT MY HOUSE!"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 23:04, Mon 28 Aug 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 866 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 22:18
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas steps into a leap and lands a circle kick on Fergush's skull, landing back on his feet where he started.

"Next time, I'll kick hard.  Now, will you listen to me?"

[Private to GM: 18:11, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 11 using 3d6.  Jumping (16).
18:12, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 8 using 3d6.  Karate (kick) roll to hit (15)  targeting skull (-7), AoA Determined (+4).
18:13, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 1d6+1.  Kick Damage.
18:16, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Acrobatics (14) (corrected dice).
Restarts concentration for anticipated Power Blow.
]
Aoife
 player, 321 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 27 Aug 2017
at 23:15
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 433):

Aoife will seek somewhere behind the big ogre to cast another spell, very quietly...

[Private to GM: She has skill 20, so just a small action, no words. Rolled 11 under skill, shapeshift other again.]

This message was last edited by the player at 06:39, Tue 29 Aug 2017.

Ogre boss
 NPC, 5 posts
 In charge and ugly
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 23:07
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 433):

Thick skinned as ogres are, the kick doesn't crush his skull, but it dies leave him reeling and blinking.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 867 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 28 Aug 2017
at 23:42
Into the winecellars once more
"Now that I have your attention, let's concentrate on finding a way for you and your, um, gang not to wind up as dog meat."
Ogre boss
 NPC, 6 posts
 In charge and ugly
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 14:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 436):

Fergush swings underhand at Ardenas! The blow may do some serious damage if it connects!
Aoife
 player, 322 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 16:52
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 437):

Once the massive maul has passed, Aoife takes the chance to touch the ogre once again.

[Private to GM: Rolled 6 under attack, touch, Shapeshift other once again.]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 869 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 29 Aug 2017
at 22:52
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas takes a step back as he smoothly guides the ogre's maul past his body.

"You'll have to do better than that, Fergush."

[Private to GM: 18:47, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 3d6.  Karate Parry (10) with retreat (+3).
Continuing concentration for anticipated Power Blow, mod -4 for next turn.
]
Mancini
 player, 86 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 30 Aug 2017
at 00:12
Into the winecellars once more
"I see talking does no good with this brute."  Mancini readies his rapier.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 7 posts
 In charge and ugly
Thu 31 Aug 2017
at 16:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 440):

Aoife's spell bypasses his magic resistance  and the massive ogre collapses to the ground as a fish!

Aoife feels a little weakened from expending so much energy...

The other ogres look on with shock and horror, and Borgun wers himself a little.
Mancini
 player, 87 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 31 Aug 2017
at 23:56
Into the winecellars once more
"I wonder how much that would fetch us at the local fish market..." Mancini wonders out loud.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 870 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 1 Sep 2017
at 11:42
Into the winecellars once more
"I think we'd likely get gold for one that big, if we could get it there fresh.  Mind you we'd still have to get it past Aoife's kitty."

Ardenas checks the floor to see if Fergush dropped his maul when he transformed, and keeps an eye open for how Margala, Winslow, and Druck might react.

[Private to GM: Maintaining concentration for anticipated Power Blow.  Still -4.]
Aoife
 player, 323 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 16:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 443):

Aoife calls her friend...

[Private to GM: Summoning Ally, Anaconda]

This message was last edited by the player at 16:13, Sat 02 Sept 2017.

anaconda
 player, 5 posts
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 16:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 444):

The serpent manifests...

Fergush had dropped his maul during the transformation.

The other ogres stare aghast
Aoife
 player, 324 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 18:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to anaconda (msg # 445):

"Fishy for dinner, my pet..." she says cheerily, referring to the rather large and appetising Tuna flipping on the ground...
Mancini
 player, 88 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 22:19
Into the winecellars once more
"We came to talk, not to fight.  Will you guys listen to us now?", Mancini said to the ogres and the flopping fish.  "Or should we let Aoife's friend gorge itself on fish?"
anaconda
 player, 6 posts
Sat 2 Sep 2017
at 22:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 447):

The snake noticed the flipping fish, and began moving towards it unbidden, its tongue flickering out of its mouth menacingly as it slithers towards breakfast.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:01, Sat 02 Sept 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 872 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 11:35
Into the winecellars once more
"Do you suppose the rest of these will be easier to deal with in Fergush's absence?"

Ardenas shoves the maul away from the tuna with one foot.

"Say, we'd get a pretty penny in the fish market for one this big.  Maybe we shouldn't let Kitty eat him."

[Private to GM: Still maintaining concentration for Power Blow -- penalty now down to -3]
Aoife
 player, 325 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 13:43
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 449):

"Aww, I can buy another. Kitty is hungry...besides, we may have other volunteers for the market. Anyone else want to be hostile? Anyone?"
anaconda
 player, 7 posts
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 13:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 450):

The snake moves closer, and begins to swallow the still flipping fish unless someone moves to stop him!
Ogre wife
 NPC, 1 post
 Huge and ugly
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 16:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to anaconda (msg # 451):

The ogrish female, quite distaught, throws her hands wide
"NO! STOP SNAKE!"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:08, Sun 03 Sept 2017.

Hilerno Orison
 player, 55 posts
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 16:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre wife (msg # 452):

"Put an end to this sorcery and let him fight like a man!"
Oly
 player, 921 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 16:34
Into the winecellars once more
Oly is scared of the snake, but also scared of four angry ogres as well, he grabs the snakes tail and pulls it back, letting it go and backing up quickly as soon as the snake tries to turn back toward him.
anaconda
 player, 8 posts
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 18:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 454):

...which is not very long. Like most snakes, he objects to having his tail pulled and turns to hiss at Oly, though it does not try to bite him.
Aoife
 player, 326 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 18:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to anaconda (msg # 455):

"Who says men fight with just muscle, Hilerno? I fight with my brains too, as should you. What makes swords more or less honourable than sorcery?"

She gives her pet a comforting pat on the head to calm him down, and gestures for it to wait beside her for now. Well, around her would be more accurate.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 873 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 21:56
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas looks down at the flopping fish.  "I wonder if he'll come around like Borug did, or if we should just let him drown in the air?  Well, we aren't here just to kill them.  Aoife?"

[Private to GM: Keeping concentration for anticipated Power Blow -- still -3.
Also, is the haft of the maul wood or metal (clad)?
]
Aoife
 player, 327 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 22:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 457):

"What? I have not heard from the others yet. He can flop around for an hour or so before he is likely to die...I think."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 874 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 3 Sep 2017
at 22:44
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm no fisherman.  I don't know how long a fish can live out of water.  I've seen them flop for a while on the dock, even occasionally after they get to the market, but who knows if they were really alive, or just a twitchy fish corpse?"  He tips Aoife a subtle wink, then turns to Winslow and Druck.

"Which of you is second in command?"
Ogre wife
 NPC, 2 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 14:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 459):

"I am boss after him."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 875 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 4 Sep 2017
at 22:12
Into the winecellars once more
"You must have heard most of what I told Fergush.  A surface dweller named Lamont DuClair owns this area below his surface property.  If we can't find you and yours somewhere else to live, they'll send wizards and warriors down here to kill you all, like they did the trolls who were here before."

Ardenas gets a faraway look for a moment, then turns and whispers to Mancini.  "Say, you don't suppose DuClair might be interested in hiring these ogres as guards, to keep everyone else out?"

He turns once more to Margala.  "Just so we're clear, we can't permit you and yours to do us harm."  He steps toward the dropped maul and delivers a sharp kick to the haft, near where it meets the head.

[Private to GM: 17:58, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 13 using 3d6.  Power Blow (12) (-3 after concentration 4-8 seconds).
18:00, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 10 using 3d6.  Karate (kick) roll to hit (15)  targeting haft of maul (-5?), AoA Strong .
18:02, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 8 using 1d6+3.  Kick Damage.
]
Mancini
 player, 89 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 00:36
Into the winecellars once more
"Aoife, if the others would be amendable to our terms now, perhaps we should turn the fish back into a ogre."

He leans into Ardenas. "I think we could persuade him.  Especially if he only has to comp them room and board, letting them kill and eat the intruders..." he whispers so that only Ardenas could hear.
Aoife
 player, 328 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 00:40
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 462):

"Iff they are co-operative. Talk to me when we know for sure..."
Narrator
 GM, 4376 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 19:11
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 461):

As the maul was not in a fixed place, it bounces down the corridor, but there looks to be some faint damage to the haft.

The ogres all stand goggle eyed, as the fish gasps and flops about...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 876 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 23:00
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas returns Mancini's whisper: "The biggest difficulty I see is setting clear boundaries on who they're allowed to kill and eat."

Turning to Margala, he continues in a conversational voice.  "Now, if there were some way to be sure your gang wouldn't bother, say, the kobolds hired to clean up down here, or DuClair's servants when they come down to store and retrieve wines, or, generally, anyone coming down the stairs from DuClair's surface place, we might be able to arrange something with Mr. DuClair.  Something like you getting to stay in a couple rooms down here, maybe even regular meals and a little something for clothes and whatnot."

Turning back to Mancini, he whispers again, "I don't think I have their attention.  They're too busy watching Fergush-fish."
Aoife
 player, 329 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 23:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 465):

Aoife tries to be helpful...

"Maybe, if they sooo like to watch the fishy, they can fetch him a bucket of water. Because until they start co-operating, he is staying a fish! At any rate, I need to get my strength back, so please don't disturb me until they start behaving..."

With that, she sits in her anacondas coils and starts to recover her strength.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:05, Tue 05 Sept 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 877 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 23:23
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas sidles over to Aoife and passes her two potion vials with a whisper: "Paut, in case we can't wait."
Aoife
 player, 330 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 5 Sep 2017
at 23:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 467):

"Why, thank you. I will use it if they don't take their time."
Ogre wife
 NPC, 3 posts
 Huge and ugly
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 15:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 466):

The ogress runs off to get water.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 879 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 6 Sep 2017
at 22:29
Into the winecellars once more
Looking after Margala, Ardenas shakes his head.

"I guess she was listening, at least.  I wonder if buckets of water will help?"

Mancini
 player, 90 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 8 Sep 2017
at 00:12
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini returns Ardenas's whisper.  "Yes, you may be right.  We might have to set someone or something down here to watch our brutish friends."

He turns to the other ogres.  "So, tell me how long have you guys lived down here?"
Ogre
 NPC, 31 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 18:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 471):

Borgun eyes the gasping and flopping fish.
"A few days...Ginger can fix Fergush?"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:14, Sat 09 Sept 2017.

Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 7 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 18:15
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 472):

Druck and Winslow lower their axes
"Change him back!"
Aoife
 player, 332 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 18:16
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 472):

"I can. Whether I will or not depends on how co-operative the rest of you are..."
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 8 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Sat 9 Sep 2017
at 19:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 474):

"What need do?"
Mancini
 player, 91 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 19:49
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini looks at the giant flopping fish.  "What we need is for some guards.   You don't happen to know of any?"  He looks back at the ogres.
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 9 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 20:41
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogrish warrior (msg # 475):

"Guard what? Fix Fergush!"
Aoife
 player, 333 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 22:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogrish warrior (msg # 477):

"Co-operate, and Fergush will be fixed. Else he will be floppy..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 883 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 12 Sep 2017
at 22:43
Into the winecellars once more
"Someone killed the trolls, or ran out the ones that survived -- and you guys moved in after mere days.  We need some people to keep other folks out of DuClair's basement, but play nice with DuClair's servants and hired help, like the kobolds who were here to clean.

"We just don't know if we can count on ogres."

Mancini
 player, 92 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 13 Sep 2017
at 00:09
Into the winecellars once more
"Can ogres be trusted?  I haven't read in any of my books that they can be....", Mancini says, and after a brief pause, and looking at the ogres, "But I would love to be proven wrong."
Ogre wife
 NPC, 4 posts
 Huge and ugly
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 13:36
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 480):

The ogress comes running back with an iron cauldron of water, slopping it about as she does.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:50, Mon 18 Sept 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 887 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 22:27
Into the winecellars once more
Still addressing Mancini, Ardenas inclines his head toward Margala.  "No question, she was listening to some of what we said, at least.  And she seems very loyal to Fergush.  Same with Winslow and Druck.

"It may be key to their tractability to keep him alive."

Mancini
 player, 92 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 14 Sep 2017
at 23:46
Into the winecellars once more
"Aoife, how long would it take to turn Mr. Flippity Floppity back into Mr. Snarly Tooth?", Mancini inquires.

He turns to the ogre wife.  "So, are you willing to sign a loyalty pledge to the guild if we turn your friend back?"

This message was last updated by the player at 23:46, Thu 14 Sept 2017.

Aoife
 player, 334 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 06:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 482):

"The bucket of water will do that just fine. I can turn him back pretty quickly. If I want to..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 888 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 09:11
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm not sure signing a piece of parchment will have the effect you want, Mancini.  I'm no expert, but I suspect ogres go more for things like blood oaths."
Aoife
 player, 335 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 15 Sep 2017
at 10:43
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 485):

"Or perhaps magical Geas or things with magical curses attached...to turn them into fishes perhaps?"
Mancini
 player, 93 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 01:05
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini smirked.  "I like your thinking, Aoife.  Are you able to do something like a Geas, and if so, how long would you need to prepare to be effective?"

Mancini turned to Ardenas.  "Blood oaths are also suitable.  As long as it isn't my blood.  If one of you guys want to do so, I will not stand in your way."

Finally, he turned to the ogre wife.  "As a matter of course, how do you ogres make promises among your kind?  Do you swear by one of your ogre gods, do you make some sort of sacrifice, or something?"
Aoife
 player, 336 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 08:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 487):

"Unfortunately I cannot. But I am sure that our Employer could hire someone who could."
Narrator
 GM, 4413 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Sep 2017
at 14:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 488):

You know Spielgud has the Oath spell, but is not inclined to travel. A scroll might be got, but ogres are magic resistant...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 890 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 08:54
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas eyes the flopping Fergush-fish.  "Margala, we need to know -- how do your people swear loyalty or service?  And how is such swearing enforced?"
Ogre wife
 NPC, 5 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 14:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 490):

Margala, hoisting her mate cum fish into the cauldron turns to Ardenas, a look of concern on her face.
"Blood oaths made cutting palm, oathbreaker lose thumb."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:50, Mon 18 Sept 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 891 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 18 Sep 2017
at 22:09
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas looks at Mancini.  "Sounds about right.  And how many ogres have you seen missing a thumb?  I don't recall any.

"The one swearing on behalf of Mr. DuClair should probably be someone who'll be around here regularly, just as a reminder.  DuClair himself, or one of his permanent servants, might be best."

Mancini
 player, 94 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 00:08
Into the winecellars once more
"Who would qualify under those conditions?", Mancini replied to Ardenas.  "I want this to be so air-tight, no ogre could stomp his or her way out of it. On my end, I will coordinate with the Guild to ensure enforcement on the human end."
Hilerno Orison
 player, 57 posts
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 14:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 493):

"I thought you were an agent for this DuClair, or at least wanted rights to this venture or something like that. If the ogres pledge to you, they would have to put you in charge, just as a clan leader with a band becomes underchief if the chief needs the band of warriors."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 892 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 22:45
Into the winecellars once more
"The barbarian does have a point.  You wouldn't need to be here all the time, just frequently enough that the ogres don't forget who they're sworn to.  And that would make you the contractor between DuClair and the Fergush and Margala gang.  You'd negotiate on their behalf with DuClair, and" Ardenas lowers his voice, "naturally take a little off the top.  And if things don't work out with DuClair, you'll have your own private gang of thugs.  Any one of these guys is worth five ordinary street toughs."
Aoife
 player, 337 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 19 Sep 2017
at 23:07
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 495):

"Or at least a few coins as Tuna in the local market if they misbehave..."
Mancini
 player, 95 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 00:11
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini's face lit up with a mischevious smirk at Ardenas's and Aoife's suggestions.  "Hmm... very good then."

He turned to the ogre wife.  "Is there some sort of sacred dagger or something to use during the ceremony?"
Ogre wife
 NPC, 6 posts
 Huge and ugly
Wed 20 Sep 2017
at 12:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 497):

"Just knife?"
Mancini
 player, 96 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 00:09
Into the winecellars once more
"As it seems that I didn't carry a knife on me for such occasions, does anyone here have one that's relatively clean?", Mancini said, dreading having to partake in such an act.  But, profit was profit....
Oly
 player, 930 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 02:04
Into the winecellars once more
O corze I do
Mancini
 player, 97 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 23:38
Into the winecellars once more
"May I borrow it?"
Oly
 player, 933 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 21 Sep 2017
at 23:54
Into the winecellars once more
Zure ... Oly hands a cheap large knife to him ...it is clean and sharp as he can make it.
Mancini
 player, 98 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 22 Sep 2017
at 17:20
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini takes the knife from Oly.  He nods to Aoife.  "Aoife, as soon as the others have sworn loyalty to me, DuClair, and the Guild, return our friend into his normal form.  Until then, make sure to keep our friend nice and moist.  The worst thing possible is the smell of dead fish."

Mancini turns to the ogre wife and the other ogres.  "So who's up first?"
Ogre wife
 NPC, 7 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 00:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 503):

Margala immediately extends her hand, and gives a withering look to the others, who promptly trip over eachother to put their hands out.

Meanwhile, Fergush the fish is flopping very faintly...
Aoife
 player, 338 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 09:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre wife (msg # 504):

Aoife looks at Fergus fish in the container of water Margala brought, where he should be more comfortable...

"Let me know when the oaths are complete. I will get him out before returning him to normal form...:
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 900 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 10:48
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas watches with interest as the ogres swear loyalty to Mancini.
Ogrish warrior
 NPC, 10 posts
 Axe wielding and ugly
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 14:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 506):

Winslow passesvrhe blade to Mancini, after all of them are cut, and looks at him expectantly.
Mancini
 player, 99 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 22:43
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini takes the knife and slices the palm like the others have.

"I want you to swear loyalty to me, to Du Clair, and to the guild.  Failure to do so will result in shame among all orc kind, your thumb being cut and placed for all to see, and if you are extremely faithless, Aoife turning you into a giant fish and sold at the local fish market. Do you agree to this?"

He looks to Oly and Adrenas.  "Is there anything else I need to add?"
Aoife
 player, 339 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 23:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 508):

"Or fed to Kitty the python...options are always good."
Oly
 player, 934 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 00:01
Into the winecellars once more
Dink dad coverz id
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 902 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 23:33
Into the winecellars once more
"Seems good to me."
Ogre wife
 NPC, 8 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 01:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 511):

"I swear. Now you cut, and we press blood. Then your witch gives us back Fergush!"

The other three ogres follow suit, with a little mumbling from Winslow.
Aoife
 player, 340 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 07:36
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre wife (msg # 512):

"Agreed" says Aoife cheerfully.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 8 posts
 In charge and ugly
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 21:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 513):

Fergush reforms, his head stuck in the cauldron. he begins thrashing, and the others rush to pull the cauldron from his head, perhaps accidentally knocking over some of your group...


Dodge rolls all to avoid being knocked about.

MAncini has taken 1pt of HP and needs to make a HT roll because unwashed ogres.
Aoife
 player, 341 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 21:43
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 514):

Aoife moves well away before allowing a possibly vengeful Fergush to revert to his form, and stays well back.

[Private to GM: Retreating dodge 1 over, but remeber she is much shorter that the ogre, and it it is on his head, it is well above her!]
Narrator
 GM, 4464 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 21:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 515):

Aoife is knocked back by the inrushing ogres. Not onto her back, just two yards away, possibly bumping into a wall.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 903 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 21:59
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas tugs the release toggle on his backpack, and slithers adroitly from under it -- directly into the path of one of the ogres.  The backpack falls to the floor as Ardenas collides with the ogre's legs.

[Private to GM: 17:53, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  Dodge rushing ogres (9).
Backpack contains three bottles of lamp oil -- along with a blanket, personal basics, 20 yards of 3/4" rope, a partially full waterskin, and a climber's bag of pitons, carabiners, and piton hammer.  What saving throws do I need to make for the oil bottles?
]
Oly
 player, 936 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 23:27
Into the winecellars once more
Having stayed back some, Oly is able to dodge the rushing Ogres.



[Private to GM:  16:24, Today: Oly rolled 7 using 3d6.  Dodge . made by 4. ]
Mancini
 player, 100 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 00:15
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini feels a little weak after binding with the ogres.  He starts to wobble a bit and gets hit by the rushing ogres.

(OOC: 20:11, Today: Mancini rolled 11 using 3d6.  Dodge (6).  Roll failed.
 HT Roll of 11 on HT 12.  Roll passed.)

Mancini falls to the ground.

"You guys ought to warn people where you're going", he laments.
Narrator
 GM, 4471 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 02:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 517):

Roll a d6 for each, more than 5 will crack the vial.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 909 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 09:04
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas picks himself up off the floor, then recovers his backpack and spends a moment examining the contents, muttering something about "Oil" and counting slowly under his breath.  The smell of lamp oil suddenly permeates the area.

He starts picking pieces of broken pottery, pulling rope, towel, blanket, a bag of climbing tools, and a pile of ration packets out of the pack.  He picks the towel back up and tries to use it to sop up the oil, then realizes there's no way to collect a quart of oil in a towel, or even a towel and a blanket, and just starts dropping stuff back into the pack.

"Looks like I'll have to replace most of this stuff."

[Private to GM: 04:53, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 2 using 1d6.  Saving throw for oil in dropped backpack.
04:53, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 1d6.  Saving throw for oil in dropped backpack.
04:53, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 1d6.  Saving throw for oil in dropped backpack.
I presume my blanket, towel, and rope are ruined, likely the backpack as well.  Someone needs to invent shatterproof bottles.
]
Narrator
 GM, 4476 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 13:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 521):

The climbing tooks and rations are ok, but the backpack and blanket are kinda flamable.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 911 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 22:36
Into the winecellars once more
"Well, I'll worry about that later -- nothing in there a few coins won't straighten out.  Important questions are, is Fergush okay, and is he going along with the others?"  Ardenas leaves his pack on the floor for the moment, and steps toward the crowd of ogres around the tub where Fergush-fish had been.
Aoife
 player, 342 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 23:11
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 523):

Aoife just stays back and waits and watches.
Narrator
 GM, 4482 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 01:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 524):

The ogres finally pull the pot from Fergush's head with a rush of water, and he collapses onto the floor, breathing very shallowly.
Aoife
 player, 343 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 09:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 525):

Aoife will watch closely, seeing if assistance is needed, or just time...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 912 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 11:00
Into the winecellars once more
Leaving his backpack for the moment, Ardenas moves over to look between the legs of the ogres at Fergush.  He counts softly as the huge figure breathes, listening to the sound of wind in his throat.

[Private to GM: 06:59, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 6 using 3d6.  First Aid (11) to evaluate condition of Fergush.]
Narrator
 GM, 4484 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 14:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 527):

The ogre had nearly drowned, furst in air then again in water. His energy has been depleted to the point where his health has faded. He will be some time recovering.


Ooc: 0 fp, half hp
Aoife
 player, 344 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 22:43
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 528):

"He will be fine. A lesson in why bashing things is not always a solution. He needs to make agreement to, right?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 913 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 09:11
Into the winecellars once more
"He may need to rest before he'll be aware enough to swear."
Ogre wife
 NPC, 9 posts
 Huge and ugly
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 13:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 530):

The ogress sits him up, and slackjawwed, water dribbles from his mouth.
Mancini
 player, 101 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 17:21
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini simply looks at the others.  "I would send one of them off to find something for the fish-cum-ogre, but I'm afraid they might think us suitable for lunch", he whispers to Ardenas and Aoife.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 914 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 08:46
Into the winecellars once more
"Food probably isn't the best thing for him just now, anyway.  He needs rest.  Probably best he doesn't sleep, though, or he might wake up thinking this is all a dream."
Aoife
 player, 345 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 3 Oct 2017
at 09:22
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 533):

"Well then. He can rest, and we can rest here with him till he is ready."

She sits in a quiet corner to continue recovering her strength.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 915 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 4 Oct 2017
at 08:41
Into the winecellars once more
"That sounds just right."
Ogre boss
 NPC, 9 posts
 In charge and ugly
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 15:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 535):

It is more than half an hour before he comes to, groggy and week.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 917 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 21:55
Into the winecellars once more
"Fergush, do you remember us?"
Aoife
 player, 346 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 09:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 537):

Aoife smiles and waves, looking as innocent as she can, and perhaps a little playful...
Mancini
 player, 102 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 03:31
Into the winecellars once more
"Hello, Fergush.  My name is Mancini, and I was the one who convinced Aoife", he said as he pointed to the mischievous leprechaun, "to turn you back to your present form.  In exchange, I want you to swear fealty to me, the Guild, and Mr. DuClair."

Mancini held up his sliced hand. "You have two options.  You could do as I ask, and be united with your friends, have a challenging new job, and all the intruders you can eat.  Or, I could ask your former friends to get rid of you at the fish market."

Mancini looked over at the other three ogres.  "Please show your sliced hands to Fergush."  He looked back at Fergush.  "Of course, the choice is yours...."

(OOC: 20:29, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Diplomacy (17).)
Aoife
 player, 348 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 10:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 539):

"Release the inner Fish! You know you want to be a fish again!

Meow....
"

Aoife prepares herself to cast a spell with the demeanour of a child at the foot of a Christmas tree, on Christmas morning. Just waiting for the word...
Ogre wife
 NPC, 10 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sun 8 Oct 2017
at 14:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 539):

Margala grabs his wrist and shows her cut palm to him.
"Do this thing or small ginger make you fish again. We no bother kobolds and ones with button like this."
She points at everyone's guild badge.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 10 posts
 In charge and ugly
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 13:50
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre wife (msg # 541):

Fergush looks blearily about, and points feebly at his maul.
"Can have krusher back? He extends his palm towRd Mancini.
Mancini
 player, 103 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 18:57
Into the winecellars o ce more
Mancini takes the knife from Oly and slices his palm again and then has the ogre wife slice FFergush's palm. Asheholds out his palm, Mancini looks over at his group, "So who has the maul?"
Oly
 player, 948 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 19:10
Into the winecellars o ce more
Da Floor duz
Aoife
 player, 349 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 20:09
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Oly (msg # 544):

Aoife looked at the massive weapon, bigger and heavier than her.

"Sorry, I cant hand you that one." she says with a giggle.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 921 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 09:11
Into the winecellars o ce more
Ardenas walks over to the maul and drags it back.  "You may want to get this handle replaced."
Ogre boss
 NPC, 11 posts
 In charge and ugly
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 19:57
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 546):

Fergush frowns as he examines the maul.
"Needs reinforcing accross center... or arms wizard."
He sighs heavily. "You know...good weaponsmith?"

[Private to Ardenas Barehand: make an IQ roll+magery after touching the maul]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:59, Thu 19 Oct 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 922 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 22:48
Into the winecellars o ce more
"I'm sure there's someone who can repair it.  If the Guild doesn't have anyone, they'll surely know who does."

[Private to GM: 18:47, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 12 using 3d6.  IQ+Magery (11+2) after handling Fergush's maul.  Magery is One College, Movement only, if that matters).]
Mancini
 player, 104 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 20 Oct 2017
at 21:56
Into the winecellars o ce more
"How much would it cost to fix Fergush maul? I would like to pay for it as a token of goodwill towards our new friends."

Then he took his cut palm and pressed it firmly against Fergush's cut palm.
Aoife
 player, 350 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 00:21
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 549):

Aoife watched to hear Fergush swear the oath...
Ogre boss
 NPC, 12 posts
 In charge and ugly
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 13:05
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 550):

Reluctantly, the ogre swears. A repair to the weapon could be managed for the daily rate to hire an artificer ($30-60) plus $50 in materials and could be done in one of the Smithies.

[Private to Ardenas Barehand: the maul is magical to some degree]
Aoife
 player, 351 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 14:07
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 551):

"Right. Now we are all one big happy family, lets head off so we can get paid, and Mancini can oversee the rest of business here."
Mancini
 player, 105 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 19:26
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Yes, let's inform Mr. Du Clair about his new contract employees, and I need to see an artificer about getting Fergush's maul repaired."

Mancini looks over to the group of ogres.  "Do any of you have any cuts or bruises that need to be healed?  Now that you are the sentries for this part of the underground, I want you all to be as fit as I can make you."
Aoife
 player, 352 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 00:29
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 553):

"Or any enemies that need to be turned into fish patties..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 923 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 11:07
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Say, Fergush.  I'm just curious -- where did you obtain this maul?  There's something special about it."
Ogre boss
 NPC, 13 posts
 In charge and ugly
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 19:25
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 555):

"Fergush got krusher from belly of slorn."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 924 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 08:53
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Really?  If I'd known that was a possibility, I'd have insisted we open up the one we killed a couple weeks ago.  Then again, we were a little busy, what with the gelatinous cube."
Ogre boss
 NPC, 14 posts
 In charge and ugly
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 23:51
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 557):

"Slorn kind has nasty spit, not firey kind."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:18, Sun 29 Oct 2017.

Mancini
 player, 106 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 00:39
Into the winecellars o ce more
Mancini ponders the words of the ogres for a moment.  "Are there a lot of slorns in this part?  Is that how your ogre clan numbers became so small?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 926 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 08:57
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Wait -- slorns breathe fire>"  Ardenas's eyes go wide.
Oly
 player, 949 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 17:05
Into the winecellars o ce more
Believe he zaid nod firey
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 927 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 22:55
Into the winecellars o ce more
"He clearly said 'not the fiery kind' -- which implies there is a fiery kind.  Pretty sure I'd have taken a little different approach to the last slorn we met if I'd known some of them breathe fire."
Oly
 player, 950 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 02:04
Into the winecellars o ce more
Drue enough
Ogre wife
 NPC, 11 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 14:22
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Oly (msg # 563):

"Many slorn, spitter, burner... many slorn."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 928 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 23:20
Into the winecellars o ce more
"You don't say.  We might need to look into learning how to tell which is which."
Mancini
 player, 107 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 30 Oct 2017
at 20:45
Into the winecellars o ce more
Mancini listens intently, scribing down the important facts about slorns as relayed by the ogres.
Ogre wife
 NPC, 12 posts
 Huge and ugly
Tue 31 Oct 2017
at 14:36
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 566):
"Fire slorn look like blood, spitter look like moss, belcher look like wet stone."
Mancini
 player, 108 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 31 Oct 2017
at 23:59
Into the winecellars o ce more
"So slorns are adept at natural camoflouge?", Mancini asked, as he scribbled down the important insight.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 929 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 1 Nov 2017
at 09:03
Into the winecellars o ce more
"I think she's describing them by color.  Fire slorns are reddish, spitters greenish, belchers grayish.  The one I've helped kill didn't seem particularly camouflaged."

Ogre wife
 NPC, 13 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 21:34
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 569):

She nods vigorously
"Colors, yes.  Fergush not hurt by bad spit, rip slorn jaws open, punch into throat, squeeze heart."
Oly
 player, 951 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 22:08
Into the winecellars o ce more
Dadz Hard rending  He smiles at his joke.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 930 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 22:39
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Oly, was the one we killed green or gray?  Seems to me it was green.

"We didn't do anything as spectacular as Fergush.  I kicked it in the head several times, and we also stabbed it and shot it.  Darned thing seemed too stupid to die."

Oly
 player, 952 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 01:51
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 572):

I don' remember... wuz kinda poor lighd.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 15 posts
 In charge and ugly
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:30
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Oly (msg # 573):

Fergush coughs wetly, and taps the handle of his maul.
"You fix now?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 931 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 00:02
Into the winecellars o ce more
"I expect it'll take a couple days, er, sleeps to get Krusher fixed.  We'll need to take it to someone who repairs weapons.  I don't think you'll be up to using it that soon, anyway."
Ogre wife
 NPC, 14 posts
 Huge and ugly
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 22:26
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 575):

"You take Krusher, then you leave your blade as promise."
Mancini
 player, 109 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 00:59
Into the winecellars o ce more
Mancini nods towards Oly.  "Give it to him.  In return, I'll guarantee you get it back, or I'll pay you 25 gp in compensation."
Ogre wife
 NPC, 15 posts
 Huge and ugly
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 02:11
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 577):

The ogress' eyes widen.
"That two thousand coin! This good blade?"
Oly
 player, 953 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 02:48
Into the winecellars o ce more
Not My weapon... Andreaz iz who you wuz dalkin' do ... Ain' leavin' mine.
Aoife
 player, 353 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 05:13
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Oly (msg # 579):

Aoife is happy not to be involved in this conversation. She just looks around at everything, staying well back from the ogres.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 932 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 10:05
Into the winecellars o ce more
Ardenas lifts his arms out to the sides, and turns.  "I've never gotten in the habit of carrying a blade -- or, in truth, learned to properly use one.  I've got a bunch of shuriken, and a few crossbow bolts; otherwise, my hands and feet are my weapons."
Ogre boss
 NPC, 16 posts
 In charge and ugly
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 21:12
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 581):

Fergush looks pointedly at Mancini.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 933 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 23:41
Into the winecellars o ce more
"I suppose an alternative might be for Fergush to come along to meet the artificer, but it might require waiting until he's rested and healed enough to walk a little."
Mancini
 player, 110 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 01:43
Into the winecellars o ce more
"If Oly knew how to use a rapier, I could lend him mine until we fixed the maul for Fergush.  Otherwise", Mancini sighed, "I guess we'll have to haul an ogre to see an artificer."

Mancini started to rub his temples.  "Heavy is the head...", he mutters to himself.
Oly
 player, 954 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 02:20
Into the winecellars o ce more
Don' wan'a long clumzy zword ... an I don wanna be widoud me knife.
Narrator
 GM, 4579 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 03:00
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 584):

The ogre has been making bond with Mancini... it is he whom the ogre would honorably exchange weapons with.
Mancini
 player, 111 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 20:23
Into the winecellars o ce more
He turns to Fergush.  "I think a trade might be in order..."

Mancini reaches into his backpack and pulls out his rapier.  "Here.  I will return soon with your fixed maul, but until then, accept this humble token of my good will to the ogre clan."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:11, Tue 14 Nov 2017.

Ogre boss
 NPC, 17 posts
 In charge and ugly
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 01:55
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 587):

Fergush squints atbthe blade, but is impressed with rhe craftsmanship.
Aoife
 player, 354 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 01:59
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 588):

Aoife giggle at the picture of the massive ogre with such a relatively small weapon of Finesse.

"It should serve you well as a toothepick!" she chuckles.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 18 posts
 In charge and ugly
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 16:57
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 589):

Fergush passes the blade to Margala.
""Put up on wall near trophies."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 935 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 23:36
Into the winecellars o ce more
Ardenas watches the exchange, then stoops to lift the handle of the maul.

"This would be easier to haul if it had wheels on it."  He looks around.  "Hilerno, you've been pretty quiet.  Do you think you can haul this, or will we need to go hire a cart after we get it up the stairs?"  Then he looks at Mancini.  "Or is there a way to the Guild gate from here without having to haul this monster up to the street?"
Hilerno Orison
 player, 58 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 22:14
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 591):

The barbarian slings his blade amd hefts the maul with a grunt.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 936 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 11:58
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Excellent!  Unless there's something else holding us up, let's get going."  Ardenas looks to Mancini for confirmation.
Mancini
 player, 112 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 21 Nov 2017
at 17:48
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Yes, let's get going.  I am starting to forget what civilization looks like...", then remembering he is in the company of 4 very large ogres quickly added, "so we can fix our good friend Fergush's maul."

(OOC: Rolled an 8 on a 15 Area Knowledge (Northport).  GM, is there a quicker way to the guild without having to haul the maul all over creation?)
Narrator
 GM, 4628 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 01:05
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 594):

You know the fastest routes above ground, but have no idea where that gate leads, four levels below the street.
Aoife
 player, 355 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 01:32
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 595):

"So all over creation we go on the route we know back to the surface?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:32, Fri 24 Nov 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 4633 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 02:06
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 596):

The way back up is going to be fairly swift, and Hilerno seems suited to carrying the maul.
Aoife
 player, 356 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 02:09
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 597):

Aoife plays a little with the Ogres on the way back up, but is careful to keep some distance.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 937 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 13:27
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Take care, large folk."  Ardenas follows the rest of the group out of the cellars.
Mancini
 player, 113 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 21:15
Into the winecellars o ce more
"As soon as we get back to the surface, I'll have my bearings and can direct us back to the Guild."  As they travel, Mancini draws little maps to remind him of the underground, just in case he ever gets lost again.
Narrator
 GM, 4642 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 02:15
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 600):

You get back to the winecellars proper fairly quickly, and one of DuClair's men run off to get him.
Aoife
 player, 357 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 02:41
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 601):

"Rightio, so I get paid when he gets back, right? We done here otherwise?"
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 27 posts
 Wine Merchant
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 19:19
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 601):

"Can the work proceed?"
DuClaire sighs.
"This entire enterprise has cost me thousands. I better not hear of anything else living in my cellars."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 938 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 23:36
Into the winecellars o ce more
"The ogres now work for you, via Mancini.  Given that one of those ogres took down a slorn, barehanded, I doubt anything else bigger than a rat will sneak past the ogres -- and rats can only be controlled, not eliminated."
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 28 posts
 Wine Merchant
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 16:11
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 604):

"So I am going to have to keep things civil with Master Mancini, if I don't want Ogres murdering me in my sleep. Wonderful. "
Aoife
 player, 358 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 00:27
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Lamont duClaire (msg # 605):

"Your relationship with Mr Mancini is not our problem. I believe we have done what was required of us, so unless I am mistaken, payment is in order."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 939 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 00:43
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Oh, I don't think Mancini has any plans along those lines.  This does, however, seem like a long-term solution to having every group you run out replaced by another.  Get rid of the trolls, you get ogres.  Get rid of the ogres, then what?

"At least you can reason with ogres, if you approach things correctly, and I found Mancini quite a reasonable fellow."

Mancini
 player, 114 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 01:29
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Why thank you, Ardenas", Mancini says with a nod.  "I try to keep a level head when Guild matters are concerned."

He turns to Mr. Du Clair.  "As soon as I meet with an artificer to get this maul fixed, I'll have the ogres begin active sentry of the undercellars.  Pay them well, treat them with respect, and they'll do what we need them to."
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 29 posts
 Wine Merchant
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 18:13
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 608):

"Then deal with that quickly. Have you already negotiated rates with them, and need you be present for that?"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 02:46, Sun 03 Dec 2017.

Mancini
 player, 115 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 19:10
Into the winecellars o ce more
"I shall."  Mancini then pauses nervously and continues, " I have given them free room and board for the area they protect, as well as the right to kill and eat any vermin and intruders on sight.  While I am visiting the artificer, I will also need to visit with one of the Guild wizards to create an item so that the ogres do not attack any of our guys by mistake.  As far as my personal presence, I hope not, as I'm sure I have other important Guild matters, but to be on the safe side, I will consult the library on Ogre Blood Oaths to see if there are any loop holes I need to be aware of."
Aoife
 player, 359 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 20:38
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 610):

"And the rest of us? Are we needed, or can we take our pay and go?"
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 30 posts
 Wine Merchant
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 14:24
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 611):

"I need the workers back in to clear the bodies before the stench gets any worse."
Aoife
 player, 360 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 19:45
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Lamont duClaire (msg # 612):

"You mean we have to do that before we get paid?"
Oly
 player, 955 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 20:23
Into the winecellars o ce more
Were no' pard o' da deal
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 31 posts
 Wine Merchant
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 20:56
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Oly (msg # 614):

"Let me know how long I need wait. To get that cleanup done was why I  hired you to settle these intruders."
Oly
 player, 956 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 20:58
Into the winecellars o ce more
I god da intruderz pard ... don remember nuddin about clean up ...
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 32 posts
 Wine Merchant
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 21:02
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Oly (msg # 616):

"Rigo had sent the blue ones in to accomplish that as part of our agreement.  I called for you when rhey stopped working."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 941 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 23:40
Into the winecellars o ce more
"The original problem was that the kobolds wouldn't go back into the cellars after their run-in with the ogres."  Ardenas turns to duClaire.

"Now, as long as the ogres can tell the kobolds belong there, we shouldn't have further problems.  Convincing the kobolds of that might take some doing, though.  I'd guess we'll have to escort the first shift down to meet the ogres to convince them the ogres are ready to play nice.  After that, the word should get around." 
Aoife
 player, 361 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 00:28
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 618):

"Yeah, I am pretty sure that we remember that getting the kobolds back to work was the deal.

Say, the blue one that murdered all the trolls, you sent them? I am sure the trolls would love to find out who was behind it all...so if you are wanting to change our original agreement, perhaps we should make room for money to keep our mouths shut. I met some of the trolls at the end of my last mission...they were not happy about the whole affair.
"
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 33 posts
 Wine Merchant
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 21:04
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 619):

" If the matter were to come before the Hadereum, it would be readily apparent that I was properly in possession of the deeded property, had all of the suitable permits in place, and that there was no indication of any claim to ownership of any of the property above or below ground, after the last aclaimed heir of the Feenoir family died during  the plague. All of the documentation supports me.
 As to silence, the affair has already become common knowledge, and an arrow I had verified to be of trollish make had been fired into my doorsill three days ago. The vile creatures know it was me who had them ousted, and have already made their play. I have increased my guard, and if you were to bring this matter to a crier in hopes of besmirching my name, I know that Camilla of the guild has my ear, and a bad review from a client does wonders for ones prospects. Bon Soire."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 02:06, Fri 08 Dec 2017.

Aoife
 player, 362 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 21:55
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Lamont duClaire (msg # 620):

"I see. Then it is to Camilla in the guild that we should point out that you are refusing to honour your contract, changing it instead. Mancini is more highly respected there than you."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 942 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 23:58
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Wait, Aoife.

"Mr. duClaire, what is it that you believe we haven't accomplished yet?  Just getting the kobolds back to work to finish the clean-up?  I think we can resolve that on the return trip after getting Fergush's maul repaired.  Is there more?"

Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 34 posts
 Wine Merchant
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 02:10
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 622):

"If you can get them back to work quickly, that will be acceptable. "
Mancini
 player, 116 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 18:48
Into the winecellars o ce more
"Then it would be advisable for us to quickly visit the artificer and the guild wizards.  The longer we wait around chatting, the longer we fail to honor our obligation to you."
Narrator
 GM, 4685 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 01:03
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 624):

Quick Area Knowledge Northport to find a suitable armorer who will reinforce the shaft of the maul.
Mancini
 player, 117 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 02:01
Into the winecellars o ce more
Mancini thinks for a moment and remembers one of the armorers the guild uses to fix equipment.  "This way...", he says as he heads out.

( OOC: 20:59, Today: Mancini rolled 11 using 3d6.  Area Knowledge (Northport) (15). Roll passes.)
Malthus
 NPC, 1 post
 Armorer and Smith
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 03:16
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 626):

In the mostly goblin artisinal district, a dwarf labors at his forge...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 943 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 11:31
Into the winecellars o ce more
Ardenas looks around the dwarf's shop, attempting to verify he does the kind of work we need.
Narrator
 GM, 4696 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 Dec 2017
at 20:37
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 628):

An assortment of weapons hand about the shop, from warhammers to flanged maces, battleaxes and swords. They appear to be ... what is your connoisseur weapons skill anyone?
Aoife
 player, 363 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 11 Dec 2017
at 20:52
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 629):

What does it default to? :)
Narrator
 GM, 4700 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 00:35
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 630):

IQ-5
Mancini
 player, 118 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 01:17
Into the winecellars o ce more
Mancini starts appreciating the weapons in the shop....

(ooc: 20:15, Today: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  Conneseur Weapons (10) (From Default IQ-5). Roll passes.)
Mancini
 player, 119 posts
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 01:18
Into the winecellars o ce more

This message was deleted by the player at 01:19, Wed 13 Dec 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 945 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 09:46
Into the winecellars o ce more
Ardenas, bewildered by the array of weapons on display, waits for Mancini to take the lead.

[Private to GM: 04:44, Today: Ardenas Barehand rolled 8 using 3d6.  Weapons Connoisseur (default 6).]
Narrator
 GM, 4708 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 15:22
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 634):

Mancini notes that the weapons are good to fine quality, and there is one double bladed axe that appears to be very fine.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:20, Fri 15 Dec 2017.

Mancini
 player, 120 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 01:09
Into the winecellars o ce more
Mancini, satisfied that the dwarf's goods were up to his standards, approached the dwarf artificer.  "I have a problem that I think you can solve",  Mancini said, as he directed the maul to placed before the dwarf.

"Can this be fixed, or no? And for how much?"
Malthus
 NPC, 2 posts
 Armorer and Smith
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 04:05
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 636):

The dwarf hefts the maul with a grunt, peers down the shaft and rotates the weapon in his hands.

This is a very good weapon, but the haft has a crack in it. I can run some reinforcing rods down the shaft, but it might make it a little thick to hold on to. This yours?" he looks to Hilerno.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 949 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 10:06
Into the winecellars o ce more
Ardenas shakes his head.

"No, that belongs to an ogre we just recruited.  I apologize, I cracked the haft during our, uh, negotiations."
Malthus
 NPC, 3 posts
 Armorer and Smith
Fri 22 Dec 2017
at 18:26
Into the winecellars o ce more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 638):

The smith shakes his head
"It will take me a day, but I can run steel reinforcement down both sides of the shaft with some supplemental banding. It will cost you  $300 to keep the quality of the weapon functional, and raise the base value enough that it could take an additional enchantment. "

This message was last edited by the player at 18:27, Fri 22 Dec 2017.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 951 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 22 Dec 2017
at 23:47
Into the winecellars o ce more
Ardenas gives Mancini a sidelong glance.  "Additional enchantment?"
Mancini
 player, 121 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 23 Dec 2017
at 04:23
Into the winecellars o ce more
"You sure we can't lower the price anymore?  I mean, I'm sure I can convince the Guild to throw some work your way in exchange for a discount."

Mancini paused for a moment and considered what he said about the additional enchantment.  "Do tell me more about what you mean by an enchantment."

(OOC: 23:20, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Merchant (16) --- to lower the price.)
Malthus
 NPC, 4 posts
 Armorer and Smith
Sat 23 Dec 2017
at 04:48
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 640):

"That is liable to be costly, of course, but this is a fine and
Balanced enchanted weapon. I believe it to be pussiant"

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 952 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 23 Dec 2017
at 12:11
Into the winecellars once more
"Hmm.  Fergush is one lucky ogre."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:11, Sat 23 Dec 2017.

Mancini
 player, 122 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 27 Dec 2017
at 03:01
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes." Mancini said cryptically.
Narrator
 GM, 4744 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 30 Dec 2017
at 15:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 644):

A quick contest of merchant can reduce the price by 5% or better. You recognize that a common maul would cost far less to repair, and that the base worth of the weapon is something like $6350.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:04, Sat 30 Dec 2017.

Mancini
 player, 123 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 00:39
Into the winecellars once more
(OOC: 19:35, Today: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  Quick Contest Merchant (16))

Mancini started walking over to some of the other weapons, and starting hefting them.  As he did so, he would ask uninterestedly to Ardenas, "You think our orc friend would like this one better? I  can't simply believe that our maul could be that expensive to repair...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 955 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 11:06
Into the winecellars once more
Picking up Mancini's cue, Ardenas replies, "He might prefer a warhammer, like this but with a longer haft.  Better penetration.

"But honestly, he's not one for subtlety.  I expect he was using his fists, or a heavy timber, before he got this maul."

Narrator
 GM, 4747 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 14:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 647):

Ooc this would cement a very high reaction roll, the kind of thing that would lead to an ally.
Aoife
 player, 364 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 14:50
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 648):

Aoife watches on with unrestrained boredom, stretching out on an empty anvil in a way that rather lacks modesty, and gives a large yawn.

[OOC: Repairing the old one, or buying him a new one?]
Narrator
 GM, 4750 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 2 Jan 2018
at 22:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 649):

Repairing the old one so that it stays "Balanced" costs $300... plus or - merchant rolls
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 956 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 10:01
Into the winecellars once more
"Mancini?"
Malthus
 NPC, 5 posts
 Armorer and Smith
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 21:20
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 651):

Mancini and Malthus dicker a bit, and the dwarf makes a final counter offer of $229.
Mancini
 player, 124 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 4 Jan 2018
at 01:58
Into the winecellars once more
"It's a hard bargain you drive, Malthus, but I accept your terms", Mancini said.  He pulls out his purse and hands Malthus the required payment.

He sighs as he looks in his coin purse and notices that it is nearly empty.  "Du Clair better pay us good for this extra effort", he mumbles to himself, just loud enough for Aoife and Ardenas to hear.
Narrator
 GM, 4760 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 17:26
Into the winecellars once more
The smith gets right to work.
Aoife
 player, 365 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 5 Jan 2018
at 23:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 654):

"So lets finish this and collect!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 957 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 6 Jan 2018
at 00:00
Into the winecellars once more
"How long will it take Malthus to finish the repair?  Should we wait, or come back for it?  And if the latter, will you need anyone other than Hilerno to haul the thing for you?"
Mancini
 player, 125 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 6 Jan 2018
at 03:39
Into the winecellars once more
"I believe that Malthus has already said that it will take him about a day to fix the maul", Mancini says to Ardenas.  He turns to Malthus, "Would you prefer us to wait, or no?"

As he waits for Malthus to answer, he lowers his voice and continues talking with Ardenas.  "I think it best to return the maul with an escort.  As this maul apparently has some value, I think we ought to protect it from enemies of the Guild and from those whose loyalties do not extend further than Du Clair.  Besides," Mancini continued, "I am weaponless until I return this to the ogres and would not be able to defend the maul in case of ambush, even with the capable help of Hilerno."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 958 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 6 Jan 2018
at 10:23
Into the winecellars once more
"Okay.  Looks like we'll get paid when the repair is done.  Do you need an escort back to the Guild, or somewhere else?"
Aoife
 player, 366 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 6 Jan 2018
at 22:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 658):

"Actually, don't we only get paid when the kobolds start work again?"
Hilerno Orison
 player, 59 posts
Tue 9 Jan 2018
at 20:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 659):

"I think that is the case. I could use some drinking money in the mean time"

It will be morning before Malthus is done with the maul... and DuClair will end up paying you for two days at the going rate, plus or minus negotiations for expenditures.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:12, Wed 10 Jan 2018.

Aoife
 player, 367 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 9 Jan 2018
at 22:16
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Hilerno Orison (msg # 660):

"...so lets get down and introduce the kobolds to their new guards, so we can get paid!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 961 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 00:53
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm all for that."
Mancini
 player, 126 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 19:37
Into the winecellars once more
"Lead on, my weaponed friends."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 963 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 23:46
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas looks himself over, gloved hands, lightly shod feet, a few shuriken and fewer crossbow bolts (but no crossbow).  He shakes his head.

"The kobolds are back at the Guild?"
Aoife
 player, 368 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 11 Jan 2018
at 01:05
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 664):

Is there any role playing required to find the kobolds and take them with us to meet the orges? If it is routine, ie Kobolds, please come with us to meet your new protectors...then we can skip to the next role playing?
Mancini
 player, 127 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 12 Jan 2018
at 00:52
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini looks in his pockets, frantically searching for a slip of paper.  Finding it, he pulls it out so that he can read it before putting it back inside his pocket.

"Yes, we need to reacquire the kobolds for the guild.  I guess our little adventure isn't quite over yet", Mancini says to Ardenas.

(Rolled a passing score on Current Affairs (Guild))
Narrator
 GM, 4786 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 13:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 666):

We could fast forward to tomorrow morning and deliver kobolds and maul in one shot.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:09, Tue 16 Jan 2018.

Aoife
 player, 369 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 15:23
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 667):

I am good with that.
Oly
 player, 959 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 18:20
Into the winecellars once more
Yea, verily
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 966 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 23:27
Into the winecellars once more
Works for me, as well.
Mancini
 player, 128 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 17:39
Into the winecellars once more
Works for me.
Narrator
 GM, 4795 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 17 Jan 2018
at 21:26
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 671):

Together with a work crew of six kobolds, you collect the Maul from Malthus. It has been cleaned, polished and repaired. It is still balanced!
Aoife
 player, 370 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 17 Jan 2018
at 21:41
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 672):

...and we head back to the ogres?
Ales Konstantin
 player, 620 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 18 Jan 2018
at 03:43
Into the winecellars once more
Thanking the dwarf,  Mancini heads back towards the sewers,  searching for a shortcut to the ogre lair.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 968 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 18 Jan 2018
at 11:39
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm certain there are other ways into that section of the cellars, but I'm not at all convinced any of them are preferable over walking in the streets to DuClaire's place.  At least up here, we needn't worry about slorn and such."
Mancini
 player, 129 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 22 Jan 2018
at 22:22
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes, true, but I would rather get this trade done with.  Then, return to DuClair and say we fulfilled our part of the bargain."
Aoife
 player, 371 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 22 Jan 2018
at 22:40
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 676):

"Agreed!

Are we there yet?
"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 972 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 22 Jan 2018
at 23:56
Into the winecellars once more
"I've gotten the impression that nearly any entrance to the undercity can be made to connect with any other.  The question is whether one knows what turns to take, how deep one must got to make the connection, and whether one has the keys and weapons to complete the trip."
kobold
 player, 48 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 16:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 678):

"My cousin went on the delve to meet the trolls before. Later, when the second expedition happened, trolls had got from this place we were working at all the way to the other troll villiage."
Mancini
 player, 130 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 17:47
Into the winecellars once more
"Continue."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 973 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 23:58
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas keeps his silence, but shakes his head.
kobold
 player, 49 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 15:52
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 680):

The kobold shrugs."I don't know anything about what is between those places, but it is deeper underground than our villiage, maybe as deep as the Hobgoblin arena."
Mancini
 player, 131 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 01:00
Into the winecellars once more
(OOC:19:57, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Perception (15).)

Mancini notices Ardenas's headshaking.  "Ardenas, how would you suggest we proceed? I wish to get this mission over with as soon as possible, with the minimal amount of damage to us and to our kobolds and ogres."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 974 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 09:51
Into the winecellars once more
"Unless you know something I don't -- a gang war about to break out in Dockside, for instance -- the easiest, quickest, safest way back to DuClaire's house is going to be walking on the surface streets."
Aoife
 player, 372 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 10:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 683):

"Yes lets get this over with and get paid."
Mancini
 player, 132 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 15:26
Into the winecellars once more
"Fine."
Narrator
 GM, 4851 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 7 Feb 2018
at 14:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 686):

You head quickly back to DuClair's place, and are waved tbrough by the guards. You descend to the grate in the floor, which the guards unlock, and drop down into the lower level. One of tbe kobolds takes a ring of keys from the guard, and moves to open a lock.
Aoife
 player, 373 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 7 Feb 2018
at 19:26
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 687):

Apife follows along, chatting with the kobolds to easy their minds about the ogres.
Mancini
 player, 133 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 8 Feb 2018
at 01:15
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini follows along, as he would be defenseless otherwise.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 975 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 8 Feb 2018
at 10:05
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas follows Mancini.  "Fergush should be better today."
kobold
 player, 50 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 01:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 690):

"Should we knock or call out to them first?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 976 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 10:01
Into the winecellars once more
"I'd be inclined to call out.  They seemed to take poorly to knocking on closed doors last time we were here."
kobold
 player, 51 posts
 goblinoid drudge
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 22:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 692):

"HALOO! Ogres! We have your hammer, please don't eat us!"
Ogre
 NPC, 32 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 15:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to kobold (msg # 693):

A distant thumping and clanging can be heard, and the younger ogre Winslow approaches the gate.
"Little ones are back. I go get Fergsh."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:09, Sat 10 Feb 2018.

Ogre boss
 NPC, 19 posts
 In charge and ugly
Thu 15 Feb 2018
at 22:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 694):

A few minutes later and Fergush appears, looking somewhat worse for wear.
Aoife
 player, 374 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 01:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 695):

"Ooh, what happened, my fishy friend?"
Mancini
 player, 134 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 17 Feb 2018
at 21:13
Into the winecellars once morer
"Yes,I will send Little One who turn things into fish after them.  No one messes with my property.... Err, friends."
Ogre boss
 NPC, 20 posts
 In charge and ugly
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 16:18
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 696):

"Not feel myself. You have Smasher?"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:35, Tue 20 Feb 2018.

Aoife
 player, 375 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 19:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 698):

"Are you feeling ill, or just a little fishy after our last...discussion?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 979 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 23:21
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas keeps quiet, stepping to one side and becoming still.

[Private to GM: Beginning concentration for possible use of Power Blow.]
Ogre wife
 NPC, 16 posts
 Huge and ugly
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 18:05
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 700):

"You have Fergush'smasher? We have Mannseeknee sword,nice and sharp."
Mancini
 player, 135 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 26 Feb 2018
at 18:44
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes, I have done as I said and have fixed Fergush's smashy-thingie", Mancini said, motioning for them to present the newly fixed maul to Fergush.  "By the way, we wanted to introduce you to some kobolds who will be working the tunnels for my patron."

Mancini pointed at the small cadre of kobolds amongst the group.  "Kobolds may be yummy in your neck of the woods, but if you harm any of these kobolds, you will be in voilation of our pact and I will personally invite you to a fish dinner.... only you will be the one being eaten."  As he said that, he winked at Aoife.
Aoife
 player, 376 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 26 Feb 2018
at 19:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 702):

Aoife smiled innocently...but her eyes were, as ever, full of mischief.
Ogre boss
 NPC, 22 posts
 In charge and ugly
Tue 27 Feb 2018
at 21:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 703):

Fergush shudders at the thought and nods.

"No Eat little blue men. Here is sword, and a Bonus stone."
He smiles as he says the last part, and passes over Mancini's Rapier.  He examines the maul, and gives it a practice swing. "Not Bad."

The sword feels a little different.. make a connoisseur: melee weapons roll.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 22:14, Thu 01 Mar 2018.

Mancini
 player, 136 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 28 Feb 2018
at 04:59
Into the winecellars once more
(ooc: Is there anything it defaults to? Mancini does not have that direct skill, being a bureaucrat and all....)
Narrator
 GM, 4930 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 1 Mar 2018
at 22:15
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 705):

Iq-5 or merchant -2
Mancini
 player, 137 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 2 Mar 2018
at 02:25
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini examines his rapier, and smiles, noticing it has been improved.

(Ooc: Roll passes on a 14. Rolled using Merchant minus 2, so 16 minus 2=14.)
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 981 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 2 Mar 2018
at 10:30
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas looks on curiously, reassured that things are peaceful.

"Bonus stone?"
Narrator
 GM, 4934 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 4 Mar 2018
at 15:10
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 707):

The stone is a dwarven whetstone! Yourrapier has been sharpened.

Value: $500
Mancini
 player, 138 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 06:11
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini thanks Fergush for his gift and asks him where the ogres are finding their interesting trinkets.
Ogre wife
 NPC, 17 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 13:25
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 710):

Margala shrugs.
"Was in troll tool room with puny knives."
She motions to Borug, who is standing by Druck and Winslow.
" Borug, show Manseeknee people tool room, want see puny knives."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 02:15, Tue 20 Mar 2018.

Oly
 player, 962 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 23:22
Into the winecellars once more
Oly steps forward, he wants to see these first.
Mancini
 player, 139 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 04:14
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini nods, and makes a motion for the ogre to take them to the area they are talking about.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 983 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 10:54
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas follows, curious about the "puny knives."

"I'm a little surprised the Guild party who drove the trolls out of here left anything behind.  That's not like Guild."

Mancini
 player, 140 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 11 Mar 2018
at 12:42
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes, that is curious...."
Aoife
 player, 377 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 12 Mar 2018
at 05:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 715):

"Perhaps it was a new addition..." she says as she goes to have a look.
Ogre wife
 NPC, 18 posts
 Huge and ugly
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 15:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 716):

The workshop Margala shows you looks like it was ransacked, but still has a variety of cheap looking tools on the workbench. A drawer hangs halfway out of the table, where it looks like something noteable was taken. In the corner is a forge and a pile of coal.
"I found sharp stone under firerock."
Aoife
 player, 378 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 19:19
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre wife (msg # 717):

Apife looks for anything that might have been overlooked.



[Private to GM: Using default, 8 under Per]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 984 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 13 Mar 2018
at 23:43
Into the winecellars once more
"Aoife?  Since the ogres live here and guard the place for Mancini and DuClaire now, it seems to me anything left by the trolls and those who drove them out ought to be theirs.  It was most generous of them to gift the sharpening stone to Mancini, but we have no right to anything still here."
Aoife
 player, 379 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 01:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 718):

"She pauses.

"Perhaps, but I am just looking to see if they missed anything."
Oly
 player, 963 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 02:31
Into the winecellars once more
Me too, but we might give it to the Ogres  He searches carefully.



[Private to GM: 19:30, Today: Oly rolled 15 using 3d6.  Search - Never mind... skill is 14]
Narrator
 GM, 4979 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 20:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 718):

You find a couple of carved pieces that look like they were part of a cylinder with sliding rings, that look like they were practice parts for something else, like a puzzle lock. Several different sizes were attempted, apparently.  In the dust and woodshavings under the desk, you find a small stone figurine of a multilegged lizard  with a broken tail. It is less than a span wide and chipped. It could be worth something to the right buyer.
Oly
 player, 964 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 20:04
Into the winecellars once more
I look in the dust and shavings for the broken tail....




[Private to GM:  13:03, Today: Oly rolled 10 using 3d6.  search.  Skill = 14]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 985 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 21:31
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas addresses Margala.

"Is Fergush recovering well?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Wed 14 Mar 2018.

Ogre wife
 NPC, 19 posts
 Huge and ugly
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 21:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 724):

Margala replies forcefully  "Fergush fine" while subtly shaking her head and making a so-so gesture.
Mancini
 player, 141 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 23:43
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini joins in the examination of the room.
(Ooc:roll passes.)
Narrator
 GM, 4985 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 15:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 726):

The room loomed to be a multipurpose  wood and metalshop, although there are some stoneworking tooks as well, all apparently of cheap quality. There are also some parchment sheets with sketches on them, annotated with runes.
Oly
 player, 965 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 18:01
Into the winecellars once more
I'll roll those up and take them ... Mighd be word zomedhin' do uz...




[Private to GM: Did he locate the tail of the little statue?]
Mancini
 player, 142 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 19:35
Into the winecellars once more
(ooc: are the puny knives the same as the stone working tools? If not, I want to roll a merchant to find out them some more.)
Narrator
 GM, 4990 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 20:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 729):, wood and stoneworking

There are about 3/4 of a full set of tools for leather, stone, and woodworking, and some mixed smithing tools. It looks like someone may have packed a travelling kit of some kind. The leather and woodworking  tools might be puny knives, but there were only a handful of leather tools, such as might be used to make a belt... there must be another leatherworking site, and probably another forge.  Those sketches...
Oly
 player, 966 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 22:20
Into the winecellars once more
Oly pulls them back out and unrolls them...
Narrator
 GM, 4993 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 02:17
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 731):

Covered in trollish runes, these are schematics. One seems to be for a water spraying device, another for a pot trap, another for a barrier of spikes covered with wet hide. All seem to be ingenious means of killing what look like balls of fire.
Aoife
 player, 380 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 06:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 732):

"I heard rumours the witch who cleaned out these chambers used living fireballs. If so, these must have been unsuccessful attempts to stop her. Interesting...would you ogres mind if I take these?"
Ogre boss
 NPC, 23 posts
 In charge and ugly
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 17:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 733):

"Take! Is only troll-scratch. <cough> <cough>"
Aoife
 player, 381 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 19:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre boss (msg # 734):

Aoife promptly pockets the paper.

"Thank you."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 987 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 20 Mar 2018
at 21:18
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas shakes his head.

"Sometimes I wonder about the Guild."

Ogre
 NPC, 33 posts
 Huge and ugly
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 14:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 736):

Borug shrugs. "Wonder what? Manseeknee work for guild."
Mancini
 player, 143 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 19:52
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes, what do you mean, Ardenas?". He paced around the room, thinking. " I wonder what else is down here...."
Ogre
 NPC, 34 posts
 Huge and ugly
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 03:10
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 738):

Borug shrugs "Down in pit? Not sure. Fergush said keep closed."
Aoife
 player, 382 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 06:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ogre (msg # 739):

"Probably smart. I have heard rumours of a city of trolls down there."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 988 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 00:05
Into the winecellars once more
"If that rumor is correct, it's most likely best to keep that pit closed, and seal it shut if possible.  Wouldn't want anyone sneaking back up undetected."
Mancini
 player, 144 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 16:49
Into the winecellars once more
"Perhaps we should check the condition of the door out, and then alert the Guild so as to provide the proper locks and wards."
Aoife
 player, 383 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 19:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 742):

"If we are finished here, lets do that on our way back..."
Oly
 player, 967 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 21:27
Into the winecellars once more
Yeah ledz go.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 990 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 09:53
Into the winecellars once more
"Seems sensible to me."
Narrator
 GM, 5018 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 23:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 745):

The door when you check it is an openwirk bronze gate with a fairly simple looking lock. As the ogres came in this way and found it unlocked, it is fairly likely that the trolls have a key...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 992 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 09:10
Into the winecellars once more
"Hmmm.  I can lock this, or Oly can, but if the trolls have a key, there's nothing to keep them out but the ogres -- and another battle down here wouldn't be desirable.  Even jamming the lock shut might not help; the trolls seem to be artificers, and might well be able to dismantle the lock if they can't unlock it.

"An elementalist, or a gang of masonry workers, could back up the grate with a wall.  At least that would give considerable warning if something or someone tries to come this way."

Aoife
 player, 384 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 09:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 747):

"Why can't we just ask the trolls not to re-enter, or to negotiate with DuClair about ownership? Really, if it comes down to who wins a fight then we have bigger problems than a door..."
Narrator
 GM, 5024 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 20:31
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 748):

The gate looks like it could be fortified with a little sheathing and a deadbolt or too, perhaps a job for an artificer or smith.
Aoife
 player, 385 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 749):

"Lets go back. We can notify DuClair of the gate and the possibility the trolls can open it, but that is his problem, not ours. It is beyond the scope of our mission. Job done, pay time, I say!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 993 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:19
Into the winecellars once more
"It seems as though the trolls lived down here for some time -- maybe many years.  They may even have considered this place their property -- they decorated the walls and doors and set up a workshop, at the least.

"If someone ran a tribe of humans out of their home, they'd be prone to try to come back and drive the intruders away.  Do we know if any of the trolls who lived here escaped?

"As you say, though, it's DuClair's problem, and possibly Mancini's."

Narrator
 GM, 5027 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 16:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 751):

You head back around to the central room with all of the doors and the openwork grate set in the floor. Much of this area has been unexplored by you, even though it was previously looted.

There are guards above by the upper trap door.
Aoife
 player, 386 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 21:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 752):

Assuming guards are friendly, Aoife will continue back to the guild.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 994 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 22:41
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas pauses to shine his helmet light down through the grate, curious to see what's below.
Narrator
 GM, 5034 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 18:05
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 754):

A deep pit is below the grate. About twenty feet down there is a walkway around the pit annd openings on the sides, below that, it is out of range of your lamp.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 995 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 22:47
Into the winecellars once more
"Hmm.  Walkway ledge and side passages twenty feet down, and then down further -- but you'd need a winch and platform, like the one Mythos built, to make it practical to get down there and back up on any regular basis.

"I'm pretty sure trolls can't fly, but nothing says they can't build ladders.  They'd make enough noise getting past the grate to alert the ogres, though."

Narrator
 GM, 5039 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 15:16
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 756):

Aoife signals the guards, and they unlock the grating above and lower the ladder.
Aoife
 player, 387 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 20:32
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 757):

Aoife scurries up the ladder.

"Time to get paid!" she giggles excitedly, like a little kid about to do something fun.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 996 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 22:35
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas hangs back to allow Mancini, Oly, and Hilerno to climb before him.
Oly
 player, 969 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 00:02
Into the winecellars once more
Oly is glad to get back up, he hopes this pays well, but he's not sure he got much of value (Broken statue), especially since Aoife ran off with those drawings.
Lamont duClaire
 NPC, 35 posts
 Wine Merchant
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 23:57
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 760):

As the kobolds get back to work, DiuClaire pays the agreed upon wages (2 days at $120 each per 250 pt character).


The small statue and the sketches are most likely to be valuable to someone interested in trollish artifacts...
Oly
 player, 972 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 01:14
Into the winecellars once more
We will insure they are taken to the scholar on Troll things and the payment distributed amongst the group.
Aoife
 player, 388 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 05:19
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 762):

Aoife is happy with that, though she would make a copy of them as well.
Mancini
 player, 145 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 05:27
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini asks Aoife to make a copy of the troll sketches before being sold. The troll workroom intrigues him and wonders if there are still secrets left down there.

"Duclair, you might need to put some locks and wards on a fee doors down there to protect the investment."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 998 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 09:26
Into the winecellars once more
"I agree -- that floor grate could use some reinforcement, not to mention the gate.  You've got some effective guards down there, now, but they can't cover everything that might come up from further down."
Aoife
 player, 389 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 09:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 765):

Aoife take her pay ($240 for 2 days, right?) and heads off to find some scribes gear to make copies.

[Private to GM: What would she need to roll to make copies? Scribes kit, $50, 2 lbs /8 for tiny, right? and 20 sheets of paper for $20, 1 lb (assume normal size, correct?)]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 999 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 21:41
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas pockets his pay with a smile, waves to Aoife as she heads off, then realizes he doesn't owe anyone anything.

"I'd really love a nice steak dinner.  Too bad about my vow.  Oly, you interested in a side trip to Little Sahud to try to find someplace that serves good food without meat in it?"
Oly
 player, 973 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 02:27
Into the winecellars once more
Wid oud Mead? Why?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1000 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 09:01
Into the winecellars once more
"Okay, mead sounds good.  As long as I can get something to eat without meat, fowl, or fish in it.  A nice bowl of mushrooms, maybe."
Aoife
 player, 390 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 09:11
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 769):

"Wow, a real fun gi..." Aoife comments as she leaves.
Narrator
 GM, 5056 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 15:10
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 770):

Aoife heads out to get a scribes kit (Done) and The others depart for little Sahud. Unfortunately, one of the better noodle houses is currently full of foul smoke and appears to have been the site of a major brawl...
Oly
 player, 974 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 19:29
Into the winecellars once more
Oly sticks with Aoife, so they can find the Sage interested in Trollish things... when she is done copying the drawings.
Aoife
 player, 391 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 21:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 772):

What would Aoife need to roll to copy the drawings?
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1001 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 10:28
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas passes by the torn up noodle house.  "Better let them get things cleaned up."

He asks locally after a place that offers meatless fare -- surely there's at least one; the tradition that Master Albreth followed was originally Sahudese.
Mancini
 player, 145 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 18:26
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini asks DuClair if he is needed for anything else; if not, he wishes to head to the guild to see if there is any matters there he needs to assist in.

This message was last updated by the player at 18:26, Sat 07 Apr 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5062 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 20:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 773):

Aoufe needs the best of forgery, artist, or iq-6 for each page, there are 6 pages.
Aoife
 player, 392 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 22:06
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 776):

Aoife is careful not to let the originals get near the copies she is making.

[Private to GM: She will have to roll against IQ-6, or 10. Are repeats allowed, and can she take extra time? If so, what bonus can it provide?
Rolls against IQ-6, no bonus for extra time included...
P1 - 3 over, 2 over, 2 over, Critical failure??
P2 - 3 under
P3 - 4 under
P4 - 5 over, 1 over, 1 under
P5 - 3 under
P6 - Rolled exactly target

Second Copy

P1 - Rolled exactly target
P2 - 4 under
P3 - Rolled exactly target
P4 - 2 over, 3 over, 2 over, 1 over, 1 under
P5 - 3 under
P6 - Rolled exactly target

Exactly 20 sheets used!
]
Narrator
 GM, 5069 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 15:38
Into the winecellars once more
Anyone attempting to replicate the traps shown will have a penalty equal to theamount you misrolled by; you got the trollish math wrong. The crit failure has a grevious error in copying the design, anyone attempting to build it will automatically fail, with double the chance for a critical failure.

All three are saleable, at best rates to a collector of trollish artifacts or to an artificer whocan read troll. An artificer who does not would pay half.
Aoife
 player, 393 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 20:17
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 778):

Aoife will offer all three for sale to various bidders, with her teammates getting first option. Only money from the first one sold is shared with the group, as she made copies after the adventure!
Oly
 player, 975 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 20:23
Into the winecellars once more
First ones ... there were three pages IIRC. But yes, your copies are certainly yours to use or sell.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1003 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 23:02
Into the winecellars once more
"I have no particular interest in Trollish artisanship; I'm happy to let the plans go to someone who does.  As far as I'm concerned, this was a job for hire, we've finished it and been paid, and for a bonus, we avoided some killings and made some new friends."
Aethelbert
 NPC, 159 posts
 learned man
 and sage
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 23:30
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 781):

The sage pays top dollar for whichever set you offer- $50 per item.

You can get less from Mythos Songau, the traps maker, who is unavble to read trollish. He offers $20 per page (the usual 40%)

Roll streetwise, area knowledge Northport, or current events to find a buyer for the third set.
Aoife
 player, 398 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 02:57
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aethelbert (msg # 782):

Aoife will look around...giving the first copy to the merchant and holding the original and second copy until she has another offer.

[Private to GM: Assuming streetwise defaults to IQ-5, passed by 1]
Mancini
 player, 146 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 05:30
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini can help you find a third buyer, as he is pretty useful in locating trivia.
Aoife
 player, 399 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 05:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 784):

Yes, but he would take a cut...
Narrator
 GM, 5087 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 00:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 783):

Aethebert is a troll entusiast Sage, not a merchant. Mythos is an artificer, with an interest in traps.

The third party you encounter is a hobgoblin who can read troll. He is willing to pay the $20 per page.
Aoife
 player, 401 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 02:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 786):

Aoife will offer all of them items, offering the first choice to the highest bidder, the second choice to the next highest, and so on. Five or six pages was it?
Narrator
 GM, 5091 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 13:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 787):

4 pages each set. Aethelbert bids highest, at $50 per page, and both Mythos and Makkido offer $20 per page.each of these exchanges is occurring seperately, although you suggested multiple bidders, and only a sole copy.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:13, Wed 18 Apr 2018.

Aoife
 player, 404 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 23:11
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 788):

As I understand, Aoife has one original, which she will sell for $50 per page, and 2 copies, which she will sell for $20/page, for a total of $360. $200 will be contributed to the group to be distributed evenly (how many ways shared again?) and $160 will be kept by her, minus the $20 to replace the paper.

She will order a fine quality mirrored dueling bucker with special straps so that she can use it, and a few other basic supplies and a nice wooden chest.

[Private to GM: As discussed in pms, $200, 1.5 lbs. Character sheet updated, including 2 sets of paper, one of which was consumed in the copies.]

As I remember, in the group was Mancini, Oly, Aoife, Ardenas Hilerno and Ales (are the last two players still around?)
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1010 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 08:50
Into the winecellars once more
Ales wasn't with us that I recall -- he's been in the wuxia group since it was formed.
Aoife
 player, 405 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 09:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 790):

So just 4 of us?

As I understand, the prices for enchantments in DF1 are no longer applicable, is that right GM?
Mancini
 player, 147 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 10:46
Into the winecellars once more
Yes, Aoife... Ales is wuxia... That was a slip up. Only Mancini here.... And us chickens, err... Guild representative s.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1013 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 22:55
Into the winecellars once more
As I understand it, the major change was that Q&D enchantment was abolished for DF purposes when the compiled "game" came out.  No $1/pt up to some reasonable figure, it's all $25/pt (at one point a day).  Not sure if that applies to Staff -- that's a spell in itself, not tied to Enchantment -- but it seems to put most other magic items out of reach of most characters.
Aoife
 player, 408 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 23:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 793):

So armour enchantments and pretty much everything under $200 costs 25 times as much...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1014 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 09:12
Into the winecellars once more
OOC: There was a thread on this, I think it's stickied, about DFRPG changes.  Interesting juxtaposition, in that this came up just about the time the GM and a number of players realized we're starting to encounter stuff that needs silver or magic weapons to kill (demons above "Lesser" status, for instance), and almost no one has the weapons for that.
Aoife
 player, 409 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 10:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 795):

Silver weapons are cheap, though, and only magic ammunition was Quick and Dirty...all magic weapons are super expensive!

I have several character with silvered weapons, some fine but most are silver coated.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1015 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 23:25
Into the winecellars once more
OOC: Cheap is relative; if you're a starting character with normal or Struggling level of Wealth, a silver weapon is still out of reach until you've had a couple decent paydays -- by which time you might well have met something that needs silver or magic to kill.

Q&D also applied to a number of other things, some of which are specifically excluded from DF (like Powerstones), and some of which aren't (as you note, magic ammunition, also Cornucopia for normal arrows, bolts, or bullets, and the first level of Lighten or Fortify for armor).  Even Staff is normally cast Q&D in non-DF GURPS; a Circle of three enchanters can cast several Staff spells a day if there's demand.  Staff seems to be exempted from the DF restriction against Q&D, but Mario Crowfoot may have the last Cornucopia Quiver around...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 158 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 23:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 797):

Oh, no. Hograth has one as well! But he took a level or two of wealth, as well as signature gear, so he has a few silver weapons, including a Balanced set of well balanced silver coated brass knuckles for just $70. OK, The fine, balanced silver coated axe is worth a pretty penny, but the silver bolts not so much.

But then, the Axe, crossbow and shield (with a blessed holy symbol of Haderaum emblazoned subtly across it...) are worth 3 points in signature gear. That frees up a lot for smaller stuff. SG is underrated when it comes to having the right stuff, like silverware!
Grimaldi
 player, 140 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 13:14
Into the winecellars once more
Holy? the Hadereum are a bunch of devil worshippers... lol
they seem like a lawful evil group.


This message was reinstated by the GM

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:01, Wed 25 Apr 2018.

Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 33 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 23:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 799):

"Far from it! While Hades subsumes the spheres of Law, Death, and Earth, he is not a god of Evil. We believe that the dead should stay that way, that demons should never leave hell, and that any wealth taken from beneath the earth ought be taxed."
Grimaldi
 player, 141 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 23:41
Into the winecellars once more
lawful neutral, then. I stand corrected!
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 686 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 26 Apr 2018
at 08:54
Into the winecellars once more
So Dispater isn't the devil who rules the Iron City of Dis in Hell?  And shouldn't that be "The dead should stay dead, unless we choose to animate their corpses for our own purposes?"
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 34 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 03:20
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 802):

"Why is everyone conflating the land of the dead with hell, and reducing one of the holy names of the god of the earth to that of a devil! Following the punishments the gods hold for them in Hades is our way. Oathbreakers, tax evaders, rapists and thieves shall have no rest."

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:16, Mon 16 July 2018.

Mancini
 player, 149 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 03:35
Into the winecellars once more
(OOC: Is this part of a storyline that Mancini is supposed to be a part of, or is this another storyline altogether?  Just confused how we went from Aoife and her selling of the trollish manuscript to the discussion of Dispater?)
Grimaldi
 player, 145 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 03:59
Into the winecellars once more
Well, I'd posted in the wrong thread, and deleted this comment, lol
but it was resurrected and commented on by the Hadereum! so, I guess it's a free for all, cos I don't even belong here!

Mancini
 player, 150 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 04:57
Into the winecellars once more
(ooc: until I am notified otherwise...)

Overhearing the noise of the discussion, Mancini makes his way out towards the ongoing conversation.

"Greetings, gentlemen, Plutocrat Remulos. My name is Mancini, working on behalf of the Guild in these parts.  What brings you through here?"
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 35 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 2 May 2018
at 18:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 806):

"Ah, Mancini of the guild! There has been enough of an incursion into our city from the infernal region that the gods have dispatched a servitor to investigate.  Embarrassingly, the envoy is of a death goddess... and not from our accepted pantheon. She informs me that she has come solely to hunt demons... but I would rather she be neither unescorted, nor given occasion to gather followers, all without seeming to be mistaken as approved of by our church, so I cannot send an envoy to chaperone her."

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:18, Mon 16 July 2018.

Mancini
 player, 151 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 2 May 2018
at 23:42
Into the winecellars once more
"Plutocrat Remulos, have you hired some of the Guild's fine adventurers to aid this goddess? To me, it seems the simplest of solutions.  You make sure she can travel escorted, but without Hadereaum blessing.  Plus, with the right individuals, you can ensure she makes few or no new converts."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 36 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Fri 4 May 2018
at 23:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 808):

"Exactly. I can extend a number of Delving licenses to you for the trouble; they allow for anything rhe bearer takes out of the Undercity to be tax free."
Mancini
 player, 152 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 11 May 2018
at 18:54
Into the winecellars once more
"That brings me to my only question: why should we care if anyone cares to attack a goddess? It seems to me that she should be able to take care of any threat to her being with a flick of her wrist.  Unless she is a pathetic goddess, which in that case, why not let her be destroyed and the world go on as it may?"
Grimaldi
 player, 150 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 11 May 2018
at 19:52
Into the winecellars once more
"I suspect she'll be able to more than protect herself. The aim is to prevent her from gaining converts, while she sojourns in our realm. To do that, will require a combination of force of presence, diplomacy, and a knack for distraction..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1016 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 11 May 2018
at 22:49
Into the winecellars once more
"Not to mention that if she does, in fact, solve a perceived problem with a 'flick of her wrist,' the result might be something the humans of Northport would consider more of a disaster.

"Given that a goddess may see these things quite differently from us, it's probably best to have some along who can both try to prevent such issues, and potentially convince the goddess there's no need to overreact."

Aoife
 player, 410 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 11 May 2018
at 23:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 812):

"So who did you have in mind? Someone able to distract a Goddess without falling to her charms is going to be hard to find. Perhaps a little crazy will help...or a troll!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1018 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 13 May 2018
at 00:24
Into the winecellars once more
"You have a good point, Aoife.  As one who isn't personally a worshipper of death, I feel I'd be pretty resistant to mere persuasion -- but as a mortal human with little magic of my own, I know myself to be vulnerable to power.  I don't know that I've met anyone who would meet both criteria.

"A troll, you say?  I don't personally know any of those; wouldn't have confidently said there were any living in Northport, were it not for the stories of them being driven out of DuClaire's wine cellars.  Is there something that makes trolls likely to be resistant to both the charms and the power of this goddess?"

Aoife
 player, 411 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 13 May 2018
at 03:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 814):

"I was with Stark when he made peace with the trolls, and if the goddess is anything like an elf with blue hair, well, we will have more trouble stopping them killing her than worrying about them falling for her charms!"
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 37 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Mon 14 May 2018
at 19:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 815):

"Perhaps I should clarify more; this individual is of celestial descent, and is a servitor of a goddess of death, whose aims, while not entirely out of alignment with those of Hades, are culturally different enough as to not be approved of. She is a demon huntress, and divinely empowered, yet represents a fairh we would rather not take root in our domain. "
Aoife
 player, 412 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 14 May 2018
at 20:14
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 816):

"Of celestial decent? Like Melchizedek? Why not send him then? I thought she wielded real power..."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1019 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 14 May 2018
at 21:41
Into the winecellars once more
"Demon huntress?  Is she here for that purpose?"  Aredenas looks alarmed.
Mancini
 player, 153 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 15 May 2018
at 04:08
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm a bit torn by this revelation, Plutocrat Remulos.  On the one hand, I could care less what you fine folks over there at the Haedereum do in your spare time and the business the Guild could pick up would be a boon. Not to mention those licenses.  But, on the other, if this goddess, or relation of goddess, or celestial, whathaveyou, is ridding the world of demons, why should we stand in the way?  I'm no saint, and I'm not a religious man, but I do know that demons bring only trouble for people, and eventually, maybe some of that trouble from one of those unchecked demons would find its way back to the Guild.  Maybe it would be better to cut ties... "

Mancini paused.

"Unless there is more you would like to tell us..."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 38 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 16 May 2018
at 00:20
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 819):

"Holy warriors of Hades have already been dispatched by the Hadereum to root out demons and the foul cults that traffic in their kind. This celestial is not like Melchizidek the Priest of Helios.
She is an adherent to a foreign creed, similar to another outlier celestial that was apparently defiling or blessing the shrine of Priapus two weeks ago. That one was spawn of some alien fertility deity,and thankfully not active near the city at this time. Please, we have no issue with her hunting demons, only embarrassment that our little problem has attracted  agents of foreign faiths to do so."

Aoife
 player, 413 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 16 May 2018
at 00:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 820):

"So if the problem is being dealt with, why not just politely send her away again?"
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 39 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 16 May 2018
at 14:07
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 821):

"She has submitted to truthsaying and her story withstood verification.  We appreciate the help, as we would prefer all of the demons get themselves back to the underworld. We are willing to provide further incentives if necessary."
Aoife
 player, 414 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 16 May 2018
at 20:19
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 822):

"So what, exactly, is being asked of volunteers? Is it a babysitting job, or demonslaying job, or both?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1022 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 16 May 2018
at 22:39
Into the winecellars once more
"And if there's much hazard of actual demons, I may have to bow out -- my fists and feet are less than useful against those who take lasting harm only from silver, or worse, magic."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 41 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Thu 17 May 2018
at 22:16
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 824):

The priest looks at  Ardenas.
"One of our holy warriors had a number of knuckledusters silvered for just that purpose. I think a spare set might be available... and it is a bit of both"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1025 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 18 May 2018
at 09:06
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas nods.  "With those, at least I won't be flailing without effect like a small child throwing a tantrum."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 42 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Sun 20 May 2018
at 14:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 826):

"Come withme to the Hadereum on Temple hill, and I will give them to you... and introduce you to your charge."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 14:10, Sun 20 May 2018.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1027 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 20 May 2018
at 20:33
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm still not certain this is a good idea, but I'm willing to listen further.  Aoife?  Oly?"
Aoife
 player, 416 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 20 May 2018
at 20:57
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 828):

"I still have not worked out what we a really doing. Babysitting a demonhunter? But I don't want any new cults starting up, all the same."
Oly
 player, 985 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sun 20 May 2018
at 23:56
Into the winecellars once more
Nod zure myzelf
Mancini
 player, 154 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Mon 21 May 2018
at 03:57
Into the winecellars once more
(OOC: 23:36, Today: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  Diplomacy    16. Roll passes.)

"Wait a minute, Plutocrat Remolus. With all due respect,  nobody's going anywhere with you, especially not without the terms of an agreement ironed out.  I will not have it on my head for anyone to say I did not do my job properly."

He paused for a second to gather his thoughts. "It seems some of my group need clarification on exactly what we are to be doing.  I believe this to be a fair point.  I would hate for our little agreement to be voided all because of vagueness over the details.  Am I correct in summarizing the job as thus: we are to escort a demon huntress on her rounds, helping her in her duties if necessary, while simultaneously distracting her from making converts?"

Mancini grabbed a pen, writing as he talked aloud to Remolus.  "Additionally, since we might be expected to fight demons or other such spawn, do you have any other equipment that you may give to any that wish to assist in this mission?  While silver knuckles may be useful for Ardenas, they are not ideal for all."
Aoife
 player, 417 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 21 May 2018
at 05:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 831):

"I am also pretty sure I did not hear any mention of the specifics of payment nor duration, either, unless you were planning on letting us decide our own? Say 500 gold per day per person? I thought not..."
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 43 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Tue 22 May 2018
at 19:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 832):

The priest's eyes narrow."In addition to the licenses, I can offer a silvered weapon to each of you, but only normal pay in conjunction with that. Ys, the task is to escort and assist the foreign demon hunter while discouraging any proselytizing."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1028 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 22 May 2018
at 22:42
Into the winecellars once more
"Presuming we accept, will we need to reach a separate agreement with our charge concerning loot?  Do demons routinely carry anything of value in the first place?  Having never encountered a demon, nor studied them, I don't know their habits."
Aoife
 player, 418 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 22 May 2018
at 22:48
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 834):

"Just to be clear, what exactly is normal pay?"
Oly
 player, 986 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Wed 23 May 2018
at 00:50
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 834):

Demon partz iz word sumpin'... we gedda keep da zilvered weapon?
Mancini
 player, 155 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 23 May 2018
at 01:51
Into the winecellars once more
(Ooc: Diplomacy roll 15 on skill 16. Roll passes.)


Mancini narrows his eyes into a glare and looks in Aoife's direction.

Composing himself once again, Mancini turned his attention back to the Plutocrat. "I apologise for the bluntness of some of my colleagues. I believe they were just trying to understand your proposal a little more clearly."

He paused for a second to make some notes. " So, to clarify, we are to babysit the demon huntress and prevent her from converting as much as possible. For this, the Guild will receive the liscences. The crew will receive usual pay plus a silvered weapon suitable to their skill set, to be kept at the end of mission. Loot, including but not limited to demon parts, will be ours to keep. Have I missed anything?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:54, Wed 23 May 2018.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1029 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 23 May 2018
at 22:47
Into the winecellars once more
"Guild receives the Licenses?  These are licenses to hunt the undercity, are they not?  Why should the Guild receive them when we're the ones taking the risks of dealing with a celestial and hunting demons?

"And 'usual pay?'  I'm with Aoife; I'd rather have a figure in coin.  What's 'usual' might change without notice."

Narrator
 GM, 5196 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 May 2018
at 20:26
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 838):

OOC :"Usual Pay" is basic scale: $120 per day for 250pt characters, less for lower point totals, next bump is at 375 pts
Aoife
 player, 419 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 24 May 2018
at 20:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 839):

"I see. And you have silvered staffs floating around my size? It would be better, and possibly cheaper, to either pay for my new shield or to put an enhancement on my Dragonbone weapon. Would you be able to do that instead?"
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 44 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Thu 24 May 2018
at 21:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 840):

The priest sighs. "I can shape some silver over your weapon. Now, will you please come with me>"
Aoife
 player, 420 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 24 May 2018
at 23:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 841):

"Works for me. We ready to go then?"
Oly
 player, 988 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 25 May 2018
at 00:03
Into the winecellars once more
Oly shrugs... Guezz zo...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1030 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 25 May 2018
at 00:04
Into the winecellars once more
"I'm willing to meet our celestial charge -- let's go."

[Private to GM: For character sheet purposes, what's the value of silvered brass knuckles?]
Narrator
 GM, 5202 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 26 May 2018
at 19:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 844):

Ordainary brass knuckles cost $10 each, solid silver ones cost $200 each.
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 45 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Sat 26 May 2018
at 20:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 845):

You make your way to temple hill. There you find the domed granite structure of the Hadereum, that seems partially buried into the hill.
Carved over the enteance is the phrase "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter"
Purple robed acolytes stand nervously by the entrance, and as you walk along the mosaic floor, the plutocrat  raises his hand to stop.
"Touch my robe while passing here, or regret it."
Oly
 player, 989 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 26 May 2018
at 20:18
Into the winecellars once more
Oly complies ... he has heard about the door.
Kalima
 NPC, 3 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 26 May 2018
at 20:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 847):

You are brought into an antechamber. There you are greeted with a surprising sight,


Standing before you is a gigantic woman with four arms. She is muscular, about 7 feet tall, with obsidian black skin, flaming red hair, and has three eyes and a mouth full of tushes. Despite the horrifying features, and probable ogrish blood,she is merely unattractive, and you almost neglect to notice that she is only wearing a loincloth, a garland of marigolds and coral beads at her wrists and ankles. A faint golden glow surrounds her, and she carries a large and wicked spear.

Her three eyes widen at your appearance.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:46, Tue 29 May 2018.

Oly
 player, 990 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Sat 26 May 2018
at 21:04
Into the winecellars once more
Oly slips in behind the Plutocrat and stays in the shadows, looking at this being... at least she is symmetrical and not hideously disfigured like he is.
Aoife
 player, 421 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 26 May 2018
at 23:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 849):

Aoife complies on the way in.

Assuming her shilleagh is now also silver coated, she walks in, brandishing it, and draws herself to her full 17" of height, made comical beside the massive woman.

"This is the dear lady we are to escort? Don't worry my dear...nothing will get past me! I will keep you safe! I do so like your dress, though. It is very...you! The marigolds and coral go beautifully with your lovely black skin. Is that Black coral I see? Rare, I hear it is...though you may be a little cold in this climate. Should we go dress shopping? I see a pair of shoes might be nice for when it snows next...I do love shoe shopping, but they never have my size."

She has a cheeky, mischievous grin initially that fades into a genuine smile when she starts to talk about her outfit, and become even a bit excited as the topic approaches shopping...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1031 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 28 May 2018
at 00:15
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas releases the Plutocrat's robe involuntarily as he catches sight of the four-armed woman.  His eyes widen much as hers did -- but he remains silent as Aoife speaks.
Mancini
 player, 156 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 29 May 2018
at 06:07
Into the winecellars once more
 (OOC:01:43, Today: Mancini rolled 12 using 3d6.  Diplomacy 16.

01:43, Today: Mancini rolled 12 using 3d6.  Savoir-Faire (High Society) 15. Both roll passes.)

Mancini, sensing that his best course of action, was to follow the group, arrived at the Haedereum Hill and did as the Plutocrat instructed.  When he saw Kallima, he was utterly shocked and amazed.  No words could describe the strange mixture of feelings he was experiencing.  But, being the bureaucrat and diplomat, that he was, Mancini composed himself and attempted to do his job.

"Greetings on behalf of the Guild, Demon Huntress", Mancini began, with a reverent bow. "We heard from the esteemed Plutocrat one such as yourself was in town, and wished to see if you could use our services.  It seems dark forces do not wish for Northport to become the civilized town I believe, and the Guild believes, it should be.  Is there anything I or one of my crew can help you with while in our domain?"
Kalima
 NPC, 4 posts
 four armed horror
Tue 29 May 2018
at 21:12
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 850):

The lesser divinity bows also in greeting.
 She smiles toothily at Aoife.
"I understand you are to keep me 'out of mischief' while aiding me on sending demons back to the infernal regions. My name is Kalima, after my ancestress, and a hunter of demons as she.  Who is this dear creature? I know not all of your kin are free from the taint of the pit, but you seem likeable enough. I might take you up on some shopping, although I brought no coin with me, my native climate is considerably warmer, I could do with a full Sari for warmth. I am given to understand that my distant cousin visited these parts while unclad, but i have more modesty than she. As to what I need, I could eat for sure, but we need to  hunt."
Oly
 player, 991 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Tue 29 May 2018
at 22:26
Into the winecellars once more
Oly looks around the room for a cape or robe from the Hadereum... anything hanging on a hook.



[Private to GM: 15:25, Today: Oly rolled 6 using 3d6.  Perception.   made by 8]
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1033 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Tue 29 May 2018
at 22:58
Into the winecellars once more
Belatedly remembering his manners, Ardenas goes to one knee before Kalima.

"Lady, I would gladly run to swiftly obtain a, uh, sah-ree for you, if you will explain what such a thing is.  It might, however, be difficult to find one that fits you, as you are so much taller than most human women.  Perhaps one made for an ogress -- do she ogres wear sah-rees?"

Aoife
 player, 422 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 30 May 2018
at 06:37
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 855):

Aoife bows in reply to her bow, blushing a little.

"Oh, where are my manners? I am Aoife, a Leprechaun and Priestess of Cerrunos.

While I revere nature, Demons doubtless do not belong here, so I share your disdain of them.

I do have some spare cash, so I would be glad to take you to the clothing merchants I know of to find a Sari. I must confess, I am not familiar with that type of clothing, but I assume from your context it is a dress of some form, right? We can get some food for you while we are there, though travel rations are barely an appropriate use of the term. But there is no point hunting demons on an empty stomach if it can be helped Shall we go to sort out supplies first?.
"

She moves to offer her arm, before realizing that the height difference would make that impossible, and stands there looking a little awkwardly, not sure of whether to turn and lead the way or to follow Kalina.
Kalima
 NPC, 5 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 30 May 2018
at 15:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 856):

"Pleased to meet you, Oyfey. A sari is a long silken scarf, about this wide" she holds a pair of hands about a yard and a half wide,"" by maybe three spear lengths. I am quite comfortable in my body, it is merely a matter of dealing with your colder climate."


The nearest cloth merchants you know of are slightly north and east of the guild, at the border of the merchant and redlight districts, all the way across town.
Aoife
 player, 423 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 30 May 2018
at 20:22
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 857):

"Of course you are maam. Did I suggest otherwise unwittingly?"

The look of puzzlement on her face is genuine as she leads her out.

So I guess we have some walking to do with her then...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1034 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 30 May 2018
at 22:39
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas follows Aoife and Kalima, hoping the walk across town will be quiet.
Oly
 player, 993 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Thu 31 May 2018
at 00:13
Into the winecellars once more
ince everyone is leaving Oly quits looking for a rope or cape in the Hadereum and follow the group quietly.
Narrator
 GM, 5222 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 Jun 2018
at 20:02
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 860):

As you head out onto temple hill, the four armed woman of ogrish and divine descent sniffs the air and looks about. Below you are the dockside and artisinal districts.
Aoife
 player, 424 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 2 Jun 2018
at 22:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 861):

Aoife will head to where those that sell cloth can be found, who might have a 'sari'.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1202 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Isuel!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 2 Jun 2018
at 23:51
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 862):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wux4-nEo-U
Mancini
 player, 157 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 12:18
Into the winecellars once more
"Would you like for me to accompany you, Aoife? My skills as a haggler might come in handy."
Aoife
 player, 425 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 12:27
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 864):

"Of course! we are all going, are we not?"
Mancini
 player, 158 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 14:17
Into the winecellars once more
"Ok, then off to the nearest cloth seller."

(Ooc: area knowledge roll passed.)
Simeon
 NPC, 5 posts
 tailor
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 21:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 866):

On the edge of Redlight and Merchant,
which was approached after getting some
strange looks before Kalima made herself
invisible except for a golden glow,
You find a small shop, operated by a human couple who are keeping a watchful eye on their small son.
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1035 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 22:49
Into the winecellars once more
With a glance over his shoulder at the golden glow representing Kalima, Ardenas steps up to the tailor.

"Good sir, would you be familiar with a clothing item called 'sah-ree'?  And could you promptly supply such a thing for a woman of athletic build, somewhat more than a foot above my height, with four arms?"
Marceline
 NPC, 3 posts
 seamstress
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 12:08
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 868):

The seamstress takes a deep breath, and exchanges a glance with her husband.  "I don't know what a Sah ree is, but I will need to see the... client. And I need my son Jean Luc to be away from that, he has already seen too much."
Aoife
 player, 426 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 12:22
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Marceline (msg # 869):

"Your son, seen too much? Too much of what, may I ask?"
Simeon
 NPC, 6 posts
 tailor
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 13:18
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 870):

"He was kidnapped by a demon worshipping cult, and rescued by agents of the guild about a month ago. He has seen foul magics, bloodshed, and demons."
Kalima
 NPC, 6 posts
 four armed horror
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 13:23
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Simeon (msg # 871):

The disembodied voice from the golden glow that is Kalima responds,
"Then you would be pleased to know that it is my calling to hunt such offenses against the gods."
Aoife
 player, 427 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 00:28
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Simeon (msg # 871):

"Nasty! Why would they want a child?"
Mancini
 player, 159 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 01:22
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes,the Guild is sorry for your son's ordeal", Mancini said diplomatically. "We have partnered with a demon huntress to make sure such incidents do not happen again under the Guild's watch."

(Ooc: Roll for Diplomacy passed. Roll for Current Affairs (Guild) in regards to the some passed.)
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1036 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 09:07
Into the winecellars once more
"The Hadereum assured us that Kalima is no demon.  None the less, if Jean Luc is sensitive to the sight of the strange, it were best if he takes shelter before you see the Lady."
Marceline
 NPC, 4 posts
 seamstress
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 19:07
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 875):

Mancini is aware that the recent street collapse was due to a failed ritual attempt to convert some native power of the child to something more sinister, several guildmembers were involved in thwarting the cult and rescuing the child.


Marceline nods, and her husband leads the boy into a back room.

"Let me see my customer."
Kalima
 NPC, 7 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 19:09
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Marceline (msg # 876):

With a sigh of relief, the four armed giantess pops into view.
The seamstress blinks a few times, and reaches for her knotted measuring cord.
Aoife
 player, 428 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 23:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 877):

"I am thinking something white to go with her lovely ebony skin. Perhaps silk?"
Kalima
 NPC, 8 posts
 four armed horror
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 00:00
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 878):

"I would prefer something in warm colors; Saffron, Marigold, or Coral are more my preferences, and yess I would prefer silk."
Marceline
 NPC, 5 posts
 seamstress
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 00:13
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 879):

"We don't have any quantity of silk in, the Weavers have been slow in production, and we are waiting for them to return from their Isle, as we heard that they had funeral rites to attend to.  What I do have is a bolt of reddish linen that was ordered but never collected. Would that suit you? I am afraid the hue is closer to maroon."


The bolt of cloth would cost $70.

a Finely dyed spider silk Sari in her size would cost about $440, and provide DR1

This message was lightly edited by the player at 16:37, Sat 16 June 2018.

Aoife
 player, 429 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Marceline (msg # 880):

"I am happy to get her the silk, but I am a little concerned about the delay. How soon could it be ready?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1037 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 09:15
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas watches and listens, while keeping watch around for anything untoward.
Marceline
 NPC, 6 posts
 seamstress
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 16:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 881):

"That could be up to a week or more, as it depends on the tides and what the Weavers bring. They, and the Shadow Elves of Twilight House dominate the Silk trade, so there are few other options, although sometimes rare items like this show up in Little Sahud."
Kalima
 NPC, 9 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 16:44
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Marceline (msg # 883):
Kalima rolls all three of her eyes.
"I would accept this cloth for now, it is too chill in this clime for me to be dressed only as I am accustomed. There are demons to kill."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:43, Sun 17 June 2018.

Mancini
 player, 160 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 20:16
Into the winecellars once more
"My lady, Kalima.  If silk is what you wish, I do have contacts in the city and can inquire if there is some source not previously disclosed.  I would not want you to fight demons feeling beneath your dignity", Mancini said.

(OOC: 16:10, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 12 using 3d6.  City Contact (12)-to see if any spider silk has landed in the city. Roll passes.  Slight note: I meant to click Mancini when I made the roll.  Please forgive the mistake.)
Narrator
 GM, 5260 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 03:45
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 885):

A sizeable parcel may have been delivered in a covered cart from the docks to Twilight House... It may ot have been distributed yet.
Aoife
 player, 430 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 03:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 886):

Assuming this information is passed on, Aoife will suggest they check that out first, and then come back if it amounts to nothing. Unless Kalina would like both...
Kalima
 NPC, 10 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 04:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 887):

"Whie I look forward to wearing silk, it is cold, and the color of this fabric looks like it might conceal bloodstains."
Aoife
 player, 431 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 04:35
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 888):

"As you wish. Maam, we will take the red linen one then if that is what you have."

She hands over the $70...
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1038 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 11:11
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas looks on, curious what a "sah-ree" might actually be.
Mancini
 player, 161 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 20:16
Into the winecellars once more
"While we wait for them to finish, is there some sort of symbol or item that would increase your power in this realm?" Mancini asked out of curiosity.
Kalima
 NPC, 11 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 14:42
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 891):

Kalima defly unrolls the cloth, and wraps it around her waist twice, accoss her back and chest, and then over her shoulder.

"A dedicated temple to Kali would do much, but were you not asked to prevent such a thing?"
Aoife
 player, 432 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 20:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 892):

"We were. The established religions do not like the idea of competition. Should we look at silk now, or kick some demon asses?"
Kalima
 NPC, 12 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 21:32
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 893):

"Pay the woman, let us kill some demons on the way if we can."
Aoife
 player, 433 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 23:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 894):

[OOC: Message #889, she has been paid]
Mancini
 player, 162 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 00:42
Into the winecellars once more
"Yes, but I was thinking strictly in terms of killing demons. I can't stand the things. Soooo.... Shifty."
Narrator
 GM, 5273 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 17:23
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 896):

You head out into the street, which is in the rundown area of Redlight, just a few blocks
south of the street collapse that was supposed to have been triggered by a demonic summoning
gone wrong just a fortnight ago.

The area is dodgy, and inhabited largely by orcs, as well as humans from foreign lands who do not have their own districts, such as Little Shevnia and Little Sahud, but it also contains some Shevnians and some Sahudese as well. Taverns of dubious quality proliferate, as do tenements.
Aoife
 player, 434 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 20:29
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 897):

"Do you have somewhere specific you were headed? If not, there was a collapse rumored to be caused by some demon worshiping cult not far from here..."
Mancini
 player, 163 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 18:59
Into the winecellars once more
"Lead on, Lady Kalima.  I am sure you can sense these demon spawn much better than we", Mancini said with a bow.
Oly
 player, 995 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 23:51
Into the winecellars once more
Need a go by da Guild fer a few...
Narrator
 GM, 5283 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 13:01
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 900):

Oly swings by the guild, knowing the group is making a beeline to Twilight house, and encounters the team from Return to Shevnia.


Kalima continues to make an impression on the townsfolk, and quite a few clear out of the way, although one person who seems to be of ogrish descent whistles at her.
Aoife
 player, 435 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 20:58
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 901):

Where is she headed?
Kalima
 NPC, 13 posts
 four armed horror
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 12:38
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 902):

She is heading north through redlight toward the black spire of Twilight house. She pauses at some occult themed graffiti in an alleyway, and follows arrows in it until she comes to a blank wall, with a faint outline of a door. The prods it with her spear, and pushes at it, then turns to you.
"There appears to have been a travelling demonologist's shop in this area, but it is gone now. If we find it, we can eliminate one of their footholds here."
Aoife
 player, 436 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 12:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 903):

"Sounds like a good idea...lead on."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1040 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 14:10
Into the winecellars once more
"A traveling shop?"  Ardenas blinks at the door outline.  "That seems like great magic to use on such a routine basis as running a shop."
Kalima
 NPC, 14 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 23:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 905):

"I have seen such things before, built of illusions, staffed by demons, promoting their cause any way they can; distributing blasphemous instructions on how to summon them, selling the tools of demonologists, all to forward their unholy aims of establishing a hell on earth."
Aoife
 player, 437 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 23:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 906):

"Definitely not something we would want. Can you track them?"
Kalima
 NPC, 15 posts
 four armed horror
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 17:46
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 907):

"I have, alas, only the means to fight against them, defend against them, give permanent rest to the dead that they may not be raised to walk, and to become invisible, which makes my ears buzz. I know their signs and forms, but cannot seek them by any power I have. Such places have a habit of returning until they wreak their fill of havoc. I s7spect though, given their perverse natures, that they might reopen shop within sight of one of those holy edifices with the spires."
She points over toward the minerets of the mosque, and the towers of the cathedral.
Aoife
 player, 438 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 23:47
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 908):

"Is there a sure way to know when they do, other than to keep looking?"
Kalima
 NPC, 16 posts
 four armed horror
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 19:23
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 909):

"I wish I knew. I am sure there are spells that could be refines to seek out fiends, but I only have my lore, and the familiarity I have with them so as to know them on sight. Many are insidious,  and use glamours to conceal their nature. We need another strategy."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1041 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 09:02
Into the winecellars once more
"If they disguise what they're doing by running a shop, wouldn't their clientele need a way to find them?"
Aoife
 player, 439 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 02:10
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 910):

"You came hunting demons with no strategy??"
Kalima
 NPC, 17 posts
 four armed horror
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 00:33
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 912):

"I was sent because a hellmouth opened, and upwards of three dozen infernals were known to be in the area. I thought they would be easy to find. I have seen one of the shops before, and subtly blasphemic graffiti has always been the way to find them. There they disseminate summoning instructions and tainted magical objects for unbelievably low prices. If we find a demon or a cultist, they will know where the shop is.
What do we know of the cultists? Have any of you dealt with them?"

Aoife
 player, 440 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 01:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Kalima (msg # 913):

"Not personally, but the Haderaum might have one as a prisoner. Perhaps we should go ask them?"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1042 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 09:08
Into the winecellars once more
"I know only what the rumors say.  Saturnines, they're called."
Mancini
 player, 164 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 16:56
Into the winecellars once more
"I can ask if the Guild knows of any strange demonologist shops."

(OOC:12:56, Today: Mancini rolled 10 using 3d6.  Area Knowledge (Guild) (15)-- if there were any strange demonologist shops popping up recently. Roll passes.)
Narrator
 GM, 5330 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 15:21
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 916):

The guild per se does not have any services for demonologists, but you remember hearing of at least one person with infernal background several week ago, it had caused some scandal for Camilla with her client the Bishop of Sonne. Still, one hears of things, and a shop with services has been reported in several locations in the Redlight district here. Where there are readily available manuals on summoning, there tend to be demons...

[Private to Oly: you know quite a bit about the cult, especially about preparation of their robes- undyed homespun submerged in a vat of cuttlefish, which dye the robes when a cat is drowned within... pass this on!]
Oly
 player, 1002 posts
 Badly disfigured face
 Rank 1 Guild badge
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 17:47
Into the winecellars once more
I knowz zum aboud dese culdizd ... dey make dere robez  o' undyed homezpun zduck in a barrel o' cuddlefizh, which color de robes when a cad is drowned in id.
Kalima
 NPC, 18 posts
 four armed horror
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 19:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Oly (msg # 918):

"Barrels of cuttlefish? Maybe someone by the docks remembers selling a large order like that!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1044 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 21:59
Into the winecellars once more
"Ah!  Good thinking!  The docks are this way."  Ardenas points toward Dockside.
Narrator
 GM, 5338 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 20:56
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 920):

You head out of redlight, away from the Cathedral and toward Dockside. You notice more of the Sahudese population  bustling about than you usually see, as they live on the western end of Dockside, where it meets Temple and Artisinal. One robed rellow seems to be gathering an audience of out of work mercenaries...

The smell of salt water is stronger...along with the heavy aroma of the fishmarket.
Aoife
 player, 441 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 21:59
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Narrator (msg # 921):

"Perhaps we should check out this guy gathering fighters?"
Mancini
 player, 165 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 23:45
Into the winecellars once more
"I have a feeling this guy isn't here to start a debate society", Mancini said coolly to Aoife.

Mancini decided to go closer towards the guy, trying to hear what the guy in the robes was saying to the fighters.  Maybe he could mess up the message, or at the very least find out what something useful.
Zhuren de Zui
 NPC, 1 post
 Yellow robed
 Sahudese man
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 17:49
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 923):

The man is speaking in a language you have heard, but do not comprehend.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:09, Thu 26 July 2018.

Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1045 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 20:31
Into the winecellars once more
Stepping quickly to come alongside Mancini, Ardenas pitches his voice low, for the man's ears alone.

"Unless he's working on summoning a demon, which I doubt, I don't really think this man is our business.  We're here looking for a broker who recalls filling one or more larger orders of cuttlefish, not for Sahudese rabble rousers."
Narrator
 GM, 5352 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 19:53
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 925):

A number of the Sahudese men and women gathered around the man in yellow robes glance at Kalima with some degree of recognition.

On the other side of the crowd, there is a rough looking sort with a fish stall...
Mancini
 player, 166 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 20:42
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini takes a moment to write down a brief description of the guy leading the crowd.  He disliked rabble rousing, as it could lead to riots and other mischief, and that could be bad for the guild, at least if the guild wasn't prepared to exploit it for their own ends.  At the earliest possible convenience, Mancini plans on turning over the information to the Guild and see if they can find a reason to expel the rabble rouser from the city.

"Fine.  Let's go buy some cuttlefish", Mancini said to Ardenas, as he put away his writing notebook.

Mancini starts towards the stall in a leisurely manner, acting as if he was just a rich bureaucrat in need of some fish.

(OOC: 16:41, Today: Mancini rolled 8 using 3d6.  Writing (14)-- to write a clear, concise listing of the rabble rouser.)
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1046 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 11:50
Into the winecellars once more
As they walk toward the vendor stalls, Ardenas gets a thoughtful frown.

"I wonder why cuttlefish, specifically?  All of the tentacled sea creatures produce ink.  There must be some magical or religious need for that specific kind."

Fishmonger
 NPC, 1 post
 Seller of things
 From the sea
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 22:54
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 928):

The fishseller proudly displays his wares,
A variety of things that swim, and some that crawl, like langostines, and some shellfish, although a young woman with a smaller cart has more bivalves than he.
Mancini
 player, 167 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 00:56
Into the winecellars once more
"Good day, Sir.  I was wondering what fine bounty you and your crew have gathered from the sea this day", Mancini said, as he examined the langostines and shellfish. "Is there anything you particularly recommend?"

As he casually examined the merchandise, Mancini was carefully observing to make sure everything was as it appeared.

(OOC: 20:51, Today: Mancini rolled 9 using 3d6.  Observation (14)-- to notice anything odd about the fish vendors. Roll passes.)
Fishmonger
 NPC, 2 posts
 Seller of things
 From the sea
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:39
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 930):

By the cloudiness of their eyes, a  few of his fish look like they might be more than a few days old.  He has a few small octopi, and a good deal of smelt.

"I have skate, and the langostines would fill your plate nicely, I think."
Aoife
 player, 442 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 04:48
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Fishmonger (msg # 931):

Aoife just hangs back and watches. The fishmonger Mancini visited was not far, so she could keep an eye on both. She watches the reactions of those who recognized Kalima with interest.

As far as she was concerned, all dead fish smelt...

This message was last edited by the player at 01:26, Sun 19 Aug 2018.

Millie Malone
 NPC, 1 post
 Fishwife
 Cockles and mussells
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 01:25
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 932):
A woman pushing a cart of shellfish calls out
"Don't buy his Langostines, buy my cockles and mussels instead!"
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1047 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 09:20
Into the winecellars once more
Ardenas steps up beside Aoife and addresses the woman with the cart.

"I have a question, since you seem to know you way around seafood creatures.

"Aside from the bone, what's special about cuttlefish compared to octopus and squid?"

Millie Malone
 NPC, 2 posts
 Fishwife
 Cockles and mussells
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 19:04
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Ardenas Barehand (msg # 934):

"I don't think they have much meat to them, some like the bone for kept birds, but he seems to sell out of them frequently, and has had some of his fisherman look for them specifically."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:32, Wed 22 Aug 2018.

Aoife
 player, 443 posts
 Leprechaun
 Priestess of Cerrunos
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 20:41
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Millie Malone (msg # 935):

"Odd. Does he keep selling out to those who keep birds?" she asks, off handedly.
Millie Malone
 NPC, 3 posts
 Fishwife
 Cockles and mussells
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 23:34
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Aoife (msg # 936):

"I don't think the number of bird owners trippled in the past six months."
Ardenas Barehand
 player, 1048 posts
 Human martial artist with
 a few spells on the side.
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 08:58
Into the winecellars once more
"I agree, that seems unlikely.  Do cuttlefish have any magical properties?"
Mancini
 player, 168 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sat 25 Aug 2018
at 20:54
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini continued to distract the fish monger by pretending to be interested in making a purchase.

"How much would your entire batch be?  I have a ton of hungry patrons I need to feed, and I simply can't run out during the feast.  That would simply be an embarrassment?"
Fishmonger
 NPC, 3 posts
 Seller of things
 From the sea
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 23:03
Into the winecellars once more
In reply to Mancini (msg # 939):

"I am used to customers who want to buy the catch complete. Bunch of fellers clear me of herring and cuttlefish on a regular. You would have to fight them to get a stake of those "
Mancini
 player, 169 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 01:01
Into the winecellars once more
Mancini's ears perked up at this little tidbit.  "I really must have the entire catch, but I wish no ill will on the gentlemen.  Is there anyway I could perhaps know they hang out or when they would be here to pick up their cuttlefish and herring?  Maybe I could reach an agreement with them to allow me to take the cuttlefish and herring this once. I could make it worth your while..."

Mancini reached into his satchel and pulled out a silver piece, making a show of the silver piece, before tossing and catching it in his hands as he continued talking. "I wouldn't want to inconvenience you, though."

(OOC: 20:49, Today: Mancini rolled 6 using 3d6.  Diplomacy (16). Roll passes.)

This message was last edited by the player at 01:05, Fri 07 Sept 2018.

Fishmonger
 NPC, 4 posts
 Seller of things
 From the sea
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 14:38
Into the winecellars once more