A matter of concern for the Hadereum.   Posted by Plutocrat Remulos.Group: archive 0
Incubus
 NPC, 8 posts
 Smoking hot dude
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 18:20
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 939):

The incubus is flying at twice the rate you can on a level field. You will need to make two dx-2 rolls to navigate the cultists still in the way
(and at least one of them is armed) before you get to the stairs.

You do know he will have to slow down on the stairs, and that there is a gate to further impede him.
Urrun
 player, 207 posts
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 19:12
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun turns and goes back to the group...
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 331 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 20:19
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Incubus (msg # 940):

Hograth seems fueled by his anger, drawing a silver Bodkin bolt as he heads for the demon, reloading once he is past the cultists.

[Private to GM: Rolled 6 under , then DX-2 to pass both as he races for the demon.]
cultist
 NPC, 59 posts
 deluded soul
Mon 17 Jun 2019
at 20:26
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 942):

One of the cultists swings at you as you pass. Goran finishes him off.
Goran the Marked
 player, 141 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 22:58
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to cultist (msg # 943):

"Watch for that step on the way after him!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:08, Tue 25 June.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 332 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 02:36
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 944):

Hearing that, Hograth will try to jump the steps as he goes.
Narrator
 GM, 6495 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 20:13
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 945):

Hograth can move at up to 20% higher than his base move, but has to make two dex checks on the stairs on the way down.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 333 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 20:37
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Narrator (msg # 946):

Hograth, powered by fury, bounds down the stairs.

[Private to GM: Made DX checks, 2 and  under.]
Narrator
 GM, 6501 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 12:49
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 947):

Hograth gets down the steps in time to hear the gate slam.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 334 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 21:09
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Narrator (msg # 948):

Can he see the fleeing demon, enough to get a shot at him?
Narrator
 GM, 6508 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 00:02
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 949):

As you round the last step, you cannot see him, but it may have some unnatural abilities to conceal itself.  The ceiling is now too low for flight, and your last attack lamed it, so it can't be far.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 335 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 07:24
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Narrator (msg # 950):

"Guys, with me."

He hurries to where he can see the gate that slammed shut...crossbow loaded and ready with a silver bolt.
Narrator
 GM, 6515 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 14:57
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 951):

As the rest of the cultists flee, or are swatted by Goran, Goran hears something faint, make a hearing roll.
Urrun
 player, 208 posts
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 16:16
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun's head comes up and turns... his ears up...



[Private to GM: 09:15, Today: Urrun rolled 4 using 3d6.  Hearing.]
Goran the Marked
 player, 142 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 18:57
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Goran's ears perk up as he hears something.

As much as he'd like to help his fellow adventurers in the moment, Goran cannot pull himself from the duty he feels to Hors.  He'll move to attack the priestess.  She still seems to be uninjured, and must not be left here to continue her evil.

"Let Hors guide my hand as I vanquish this evil.  You have defiled this grotto, and your stain must be abolished."

[Private to GM: Rolled a 10 on the hearing check, that ought to be good enough.
12:51, Today: Secret Roll: Goran the Marked rolled 10 using 3d6.  Goran hearing roll.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 18:58, Thu 27 June.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 336 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 06:46
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 954):

Hograth is on the hunt...we are not still waiting for him are we?
Narrator
 GM, 6547 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 19:18
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 955):

Goran and Urrun clearly heard Hograth calling for backup in pursuing the fleeing demon. Goran can easily deal with the mad priestess alone.
Urrun
 player, 209 posts
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 20:06
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun was listening for something else... but he'll follow Hograth
Goran the Marked
 player, 143 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 16:15
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Goran notes that Urrun has left to help out Hograth, and continues determinedly towards the priestess.
Narrator
 GM, 6551 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 21:04
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 958):

Once through the gate Hograth is faced with the corridor and another gate accross. Behind, you can hear Urrun.
Flora priestess
 NPC, 9 posts
 Fertility cult leader
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 21:06
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Narrator (msg # 959):

The priestess turns toward Goran and raises her hand.
Make a will roll a strange sensations worm their way into  you!
Goran the Marked
 player, 144 posts
 Priest of Hors
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 22:38
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Goran barely pauses as odd sensations afflict him.  His purpose is clear, and his motivation is pure.  Goran almost spits out his words as he closes with the priestess.  "You shall not bedevil me with your foul magics, evil priestess.  Hors will guide my hand as I cleanse the stain you have brought here.  These people will be free of your pagan bonds, and no longer be sullied by the demons you summon."

OOC Think we ned a new thread.

[Private to GM: Apologies to any Pagans here - which I think would be you.  It seemed like the best term to use for the moment.]
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 337 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 09:36
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Narrator (msg # 959):

Once faced with the second gate, Hograth will be more cautious, looking up and around for any holes in which the demon may be hiding as he approaches the next gate, crossbow ready.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:36, Sat 06 July.

Urrun
 player, 210 posts
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 17:21
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun closes up behind Hogwrath and covers his back.
Narrator
 GM, 6555 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 12:15
Re: A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 963):

To be continued in Temple Hill.