A matter of concern for the Hadereum.   Posted by Plutocrat Remulos.Group: archive 0
Urrun
 player, 14 posts
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 16:37
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun uncrossed his arms and placed his hands upon the examination table before he leaned in close to the corpse. He started with the hands, sniffing loudly and swiftly before he worked his way around the body, lingering on the hems of the robe, the hair and a few others places before he stood back up straight and nodded to himself slightly.

"If you want them alive we might need a few things, a few of those shackles you had me in would help...and maybe something to soften them up a bit, a stick or a mace..." he asked as he looked back to the Plutocrat.
Goran the Marked
 player, 5 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 16:51
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"So this dwarf can lead us to where these vile cultists lair? What can you tell us of the undercity?"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 13 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 22 Jul 2017
at 23:20
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 21):

Hograth listened and looked for now. Prisoners were not his thing, but he would ask questions when the others had answers.
Ketil Deepwalker
 player, 3 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 01:13
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Perhaps."  He answers the human.  "I know the sewers and under ways of the city well.  You will need to be prepared for more then just cultists and their lifeless minions."  His deep baritone voice rasps out.  He walks over to the corpse of the cultist, and carefully examines it for clues.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 02:06, Sun 23 July 2017.

Urrun
 player, 15 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 01:30
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun gave the Dwarf who had just joined them his attention, the sewer experts demeanor obviously backing up his warning.

"What do you mean?" The Gnoll asked as one "eyebrow" raised slightly.
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 30 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 17:27
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 24):

The priest sighs.
"In addition to this demon cult and the undead left in their wake,
I  hear tales of ghulae, trolls, carrion worms and assorted variety of
those multilegged lizards called slorn. As some of that area ties in with
 the sewer system, there are doubtless rats of various types.
 Also, during the plague of two score years past, many were buried in mass
graves or simply entombed without proper rites, resulting in abominations
 of unlife that must be put down. Several of the goblinoid peoples that are among the citizenry also dwell more under the city than in it."

Urrun
 player, 16 posts
Sun 23 Jul 2017
at 19:48
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun did not exactly look enthusiastic as the Plutocrats listed off the myriad dangers that they might face in the sewers below. But bound as he was to the agreement he could not exactly back out now.

"Cities..." He growled under his breath. "How many of these people do you want killed or captured?...before you consider my part done in this?"

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 14 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Mon 24 Jul 2017
at 00:48
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 26):

"Don't worry, Doggie. If you are a good boy I am sure we can offer you more than a simple pardon."

The dwarf was not speaking harshly, but in relatively comforting tones, if a little condescending.
Urrun
 player, 17 posts
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 16:52
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
The gnoll did not seem to take any offense, rather he seemed more interested in the hint of a reward. He looked back to the Plutocrat as he scratched behind one ear idly. "So I take it that's a no on the shackles then?"
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 31 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 19:11
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 28):

"In addition to the set of shackles you have on your person, we will give you another set. You will be paid for a days labor at the expected rate  of 6 silvers (Hograth, your share will be adjusted for your tithe.) In addition, as you are working directly for us, you will be exempt  from the 30% fee for items found, paying instead a simple tithe, with the exception of Master Deepwalker, who has always had the privilege of keeping anything he can carry on his person as a member of the NDAS."


Ooc-6 silvers is $120, the going rate. Tithing is 10% and NDAS emplotyees always go untaxed.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 15:44, Wed 26 July 2017.

Goran the Marked
 player, 6 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 20:54
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"And we will be helping to end this terrible blight on humanity."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 15 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Tue 25 Jul 2017
at 20:57
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 29):

"There you go."

He probably would have scratched him behind his ears if they were not several feet above him. Turning back to the plutocrat

"The keys to the shackles would be good to. And to any gates we may need to pass through, but our other Dwarven friend already has them, right?"
Urrun
 player, 18 posts
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 05:05
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Sounds fair" The Gnoll replied with a nod as he half circled the supine corpse. "Was there anything else? Or should we get started?" he asked as he glanced back to the others.
Plutocrat Remulos
 player, 32 posts
 Priest and bureaucrat
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 15:48
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 32):

Acolyte Flavius will escort yu to the rined temple of Atlas, which had been desecrated by the unholy acts of the Saturnines. Search from that point.,"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 16 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 22:23
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Plutocrat Remulos (msg # 33):

"Right. Lets move out then..."

He takes the keys and second set of shackles and puts them in his pack and readies himself to follow Flavius.
Goran the Marked
 player, 7 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 26 Jul 2017
at 23:03
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Goran mutters a prayer to the light at the beginning of a voyage and then follows the others.
Ketil Deepwalker
 player, 4 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 06:58
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Ketil follows the accolyte, his pack resting easily on his shoulders.
Soon enough they would be tested by the under city, and he hoped most of them would survive.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:48, Thu 27 July 2017.

Urrun
 player, 19 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 14:24
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun back tracked some to take up his road worn satchel, and slipped the strap over one shoulder before he started looking through the contents as they walked.

"I'm going to need food" he said somewhat to himself as he continued to paw through the belongings. "And something to hit these people with that won't open them up"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 17 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 14:42
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 37):

"I would not worry about not opening them up for now. Those that survive might just be better maimed, and those that don't can be your rations, yes?"
Urrun
 player, 20 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 14:51
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun looked up conspicuously and glanced around, specifically to their escort before he continued. "I'm not going to say I haven't done it" he admitted with a slight shrug "But here in the city people get angry over all sorts of things, what you eat, where you piss, how you smell..." He trailed off when it looked like they would not be taking a detour. "These people's are probably eating something down there...we can probably just take theirs"
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 18 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 15:30
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 39):

Hograth acknowledged the good idea, and grasped his axe as if he were keen to use it.
Acolyte Flavius
 NPC, 34 posts
 junior plutocracy
 member
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 19:55
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 40):

The junior plutocrat leads you out of the domed Temple, and on a disused path into the hills of the temple district. Built on the west side of the valley that cradles Northport, the hills of the temple district are green and almost parklike, with overgrown ruins of disued temples, and the manicured lawns of whitewashed active ones.


The area is almost tranquil when compared to the bustling districts to the east. The paths are ancient, built mostly of smoothworn hexoganal granite pavers, althoygh some of the smaller pathways are of slate.

Ahead lies a partialy collapsed building, something that might have been a collonaded dome before half the hilside fell onto it.  A broken marble statue of a muscular man bearing a set of corroded bronze bsnds suggesting a sphere is choked with vines.
Urrun
 player, 21 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 20:10
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
By the time they reached the ruined dome, Urrun had shrugged into his leather cuirass and fastened his weapons belt around his relatively narrow canine waist. It was his good fortune that the same principles that made for easy overland travel also applied to squeezing through mouldering ruins, and for the most part the Gnoll was fairly "slick", with little to hang him up or rag him down on their journey. Of course he was not as well armored as Dwarven acolyte, but few were.

"So this is it?" he half growled as he stepped forward and knelt down, his amber eyes taking in the lay of the land amid the overgrowth and vine covered rubble. His nostrils flared as he sniffed the air, stood, and began to advance slowing...keeping a wary eye out for sign, scent or any hints at what else might call this place home.
Narrator
 GM, 4208 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 20:16
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 42):

A faint sickly sweet odor pervades the ruin; somewhere near there is death, in quantity.
Urrun
 player, 22 posts
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 20:30
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Smells like something died" Urrun grumbled as he stood. "A lot of something...watch your step"

The Gnoll began to pick his way towards the opening in the dome, moving slowly as he picked his way towards the crevasse