A matter of concern for the Hadereum.   Posted by Plutocrat Remulos.Group: archive 0
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 19 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Thu 27 Jul 2017
at 23:21
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 45):

Hograth, axe and shield in hand, moves quickly with them. His crossbow is not far.

"As long as they stay dead..."
Narrator
 GM, 4209 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 19:22
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 46):

The area of the ruined temple does not have any obvious entrance,; it is probably buried under half the hillside.

Some of the surface of the dome is visible.

[Private to Ketil Deepwalker: make an architecture roll to find a week point you could use forced entry on]
Urrun
 player, 23 posts
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 21:19
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun approached the dome, looking for any cracks or other damage that might give them entrance to the underground, but failing that he would attempt to follow the rotting scent to its point of origin.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 20 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Fri 28 Jul 2017
at 21:56
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 48):

Hograth turns to his fellow Dwarf.

"Presumably people have entered here. Dare I ask how?"
Ketil Deepwalker
 player, 5 posts
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 00:28
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Ketil searches around the area, looking for something.  His crossbow is held ready in his hands as he explores.  His sharp eyes picking out various details.

[Private to GM: 20:24, Today: Ketil Deepwalker rolled 10 using 1d20.  IQ roll.]
Acolyte Flavius
 NPC, 35 posts
 junior plutocracy
 member
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 01:11
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Ketil Deepwalker (msg # 50):

"From what I heard, they found a route through the undercity, but they did not leave us with a map."

[Private to Ketil Deepwalker:the very top of the dome looks like a safe place to knock a hole in it, as opposed to coming in from the base. It is about fifty feet accross, so it is probably 8 yards from the flooring...]

This message was lightly edited by the player at 01:11, Sat 29 July 2017.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 21 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 02:47
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Acolyte Flavius (msg # 51):

"I see. And we need to find a way through here?"
Acolyte Flavius
 NPC, 36 posts
 junior plutocracy
 member
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 20:01
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 52):

The junior priest shrugs
"It is the only lead we have."
Urrun
 player, 24 posts
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 20:05
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
As the press forward Urrun stooped lower to the ground and began to cut for sign, hoping that some hint of recent passage might betray the route the cultists we're using.

[Private to GM: (Should I roll for tracking or would you prefer to do it behind the scenes?)]
Narrator
 GM, 4219 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:23
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 54):

Yrrun notices that for how "unused" This place is, there are a fair number of tracks in the area. At least two humans have urinated near the ruin in the past three days, and there are wax drippings and a broken flint from someones tinderbox.
Urrun
 player, 25 posts
Sat 29 Jul 2017
at 21:37
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
The Gnoll advanced slowly, his Amber eyes sweeping across the ground before he stopped and bent over to pick up a bit of hardened wax, where he brought up and sniffed before showing it to the others.

"Well somebody's moved through here in the last few days..." He commented as he continued to search.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 22 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 04:43
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 56):

"If they lit torches here, the entrance cannot be far."

He looks around for a large item, perhaps the size of a door, that could hide an entrance near the wax.

[Private to GM: Rolled 1 under perception.]
Narrator
 GM, 4221 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 17:40
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 57):

There may not be a discrete entrance here, the cult had been entering from below, but someone has been in the area.

Wax dripping would suggest candles rather than torches.


Theology or occult roll as to why outside rather than inside.
Ketil Deepwalker
 player, 6 posts
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 21:20
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Ketil speaks, his raspy bass voice quiet in the ruins.  "We can get in, once I make a hole in the top of the dome."  His crossbow still held ready in his hands.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:16, Tue 01 Aug 2017.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 23 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 30 Jul 2017
at 21:29
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Ketil Deepwalker (msg # 59):

Hograth thinks he has heard why the candles would be outside, but can't remember the details.

[Private to GM: Rolled 1 over theology skill.]
Goran the Marked
 player, 9 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 14:47
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Goran pauses, and inspects the candle wax. "Hmm, if they were performing some sort of ritual..." He tries to remember the details of certain occult activities.

[Private to Narrator: 10:46, Today: Goran the Marked rolled 7 using 3d6.  Occultism 13.]

This message was last edited by the player at 14:48, Mon 31 July 2017.

Urrun
 player, 26 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2017
at 23:24
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"I've got nothin" he Gnoll shrugged as he continued his search
Narrator
 GM, 4230 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 14:17
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 61):

The range of the consecration to their demon lord probably extends out of the structure, allowing them to perform rituals nearby.
Goran the Marked
 player, 10 posts
 Priest of Hors
Tue 1 Aug 2017
at 21:40
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Hmm, they may not have a direct entrance here, this may just be where they can be close enough to whatever demon they pray to so that their unholy rituals can be performed.

"Maybe our bestial friend here can pick up the scent from here and track some of them back to whatever holes they hide from the sun in? We could try to take a captive there and learn more."


Goran points out the likely spots where the candles were set up for whatever ritual he thinks they performed.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:40, Tue 01 Aug 2017.

Urrun
 player, 27 posts
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 01:05
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"That's a thought" Urrun agreed with a thoughtful nod. "If we can't track them in...maybe we can track them out" he combed a few of the other active patches, the fresher urine scents and the newer scuffs, looking for prints leading away from the dome proper.
Narrator
 GM, 4232 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 2 Aug 2017
at 23:28
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 65):

Urrun starts sniffing around...


Make a tracking roll at -2
Urrun
 player, 28 posts
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 03:22
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Today: Urrun rolled 9 using 3d6.  Tracking -2 (13)
Narrator
 GM, 4235 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 3 Aug 2017
at 19:45
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 67):

There are signs of them having arrived from diverse directions, but most of them left by the same paved path you were on, which leads to a very busy thoughroughfare. Tracking will be harder from that point, but possible.
Urrun
 player, 29 posts
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 01:22
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Yeah...yeah, see this crushed spot? A group of humans met here for some time with candles..and then they left...back out this way" he narrated and pointed to what he was seeing as he walked back towards the main thoroughfare.

18:21, Today: Urrun rolled 6 using 3d6.  Tracking (15)(Penalties not calculated).
Narrator
 GM, 4240 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 22:59
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 69):

Urrun can make out the faint traces of footsteps heading toward the dockside district...