A matter of concern for the Hadereum.   Posted by Plutocrat Remulos.Group: archive 0
Narrator
 GM, 4240 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 4 Aug 2017
at 22:59
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 69):

Urrun can make out the faint traces of footsteps heading toward the dockside district...
Urrun
 player, 34 posts
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 00:27
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
The Gnoll was persistent, one had to at least give him that. Out into the busy street he walked, slowly, carefully, his face moving slowly back and forth as passersby gave him a wider than normal berth.

Then he stopped, knelt, and scrapped a bit of dirt covered wax from in-between the flag stones with one of his blunt nails and raised it to his nose. Encouraged he moved on...down, down the road to find where a spent bit of wick had been jammed into a crushed weed on the roadside.

He followed the prints from. The crushed weed across a little dirt side path until be found himself at the docks, looking about amid the cawing of gulls and the scent of sea spray. "They came down this way..." he said aloud somewhat to himself.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 24 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 01:25
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Urrun (msg # 71):

Hograth followed him, wary. When he got to the docks, he asked

"Can you keep following him??"
Narrator
 GM, 4243 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 13:11
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 72):

The trace is getting harder to follow, as the street, which is paved, becomes busier. More humans are about, almost all of them are Sahudese.
Goran the Marked
 player, 11 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sat 5 Aug 2017
at 17:13
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Goran is impressed with his new companion's tracking capabilities. But as they move towards more densely populated areas, he thinks they may not be able to succeed with this plan alone.

"Are you able to tell how fresh, or how frequently taken, this path is? If we lose the trail, maybe we could stake out the area and ambush them after a ritual."
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 25 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 00:43
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 74):

"Or capture a couple after disturbing a ritual and get the information out of them..."
Narrator
 GM, 4248 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 17:02
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 75):

"Or you could break into the temple and find out how they  travelled below."
Urrun
 player, 35 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2017
at 23:49
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"I've lost it" he shook his head with a frustrated grunt. "Breaking into the temple sounds good to me...no time like the present. WHo knows how often they come this way?"
Goran the Marked
 player, 12 posts
 Priest of Hors
Mon 7 Aug 2017
at 17:19
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Breaking into the temple works for me, I thought there was no obvious way to break in.
Ketil Deepwalker
 player, 7 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 00:26
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"I can get us in through the top of the dome."  He says, as he heads back to the temple.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 17:11, Wed 09 Aug 2017.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 27 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 00:28
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Ketil Deepwalker (msg # 79):

"Whatever works. There is nothing sacred about the dome, is there?"
Acolyte Flavius
 NPC, 37 posts
 junior plutocracy
 member
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 17:13
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 80):

The acolyte shrugs.
"The whole thing is no doubt been defiled since plague took the Atlasians forty years ago. Have at."
Urrun
 player, 36 posts
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 17:47
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Well then I guess we'll just have to crack the thing open" he agreed with a shrug and moved back towards the dome, intent on helping as best he could.
Goran the Marked
 player, 13 posts
 Priest of Hors
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 18:10
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Yes, please open up the temple for us."

Assuming this will take some time, Goran suggests taking the time to cast some spells, then recover the energy.

"Should we have a continual light?"

He also casts a spell that wraps him in a protective shimmer.

[Private to Narrator:
14:09, Today: Goran the Marked rolled 14 using 3d6.  Casting Armor (1DR) on self - 15.
]
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 28 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Wed 9 Aug 2017
at 22:18
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 83):

"Perhaps a couple of continual Lights...on small stones we can put in our pockets. and on my miners lamp."
Goran the Marked
 player, 14 posts
 Priest of Hors
Thu 10 Aug 2017
at 13:36
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"Mr Ketil, how long will it take you to open up the temple? I can make two torch-lights if we have the time it would take for the shadows to grow a hand's length."

OOC: I can cast twice and recover energy in ~50 mins.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:52, Thu 10 Aug 2017.

Urrun
 player, 37 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 03:50
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
"If you two want some, it won't bother me" he shrugged and rolled his neck, issuing a few muffled pops, evidently ready to get to work.
Ketil Deepwalker
 player, 8 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 11:08
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Ketil carefully begins working on the stones, securing each on with a piton and rope so it won't fall into the cavernous space below.  The ropes themselves are anchored to a solid piece of masonry nearby.  "Make your torches, It will take some time to do correctly."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 20:14, Sat 12 Aug 2017.

Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 29 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 18:52
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Ketil Deepwalker (msg # 87):

Hograth removes the wick from his helmet lamp and offers it for a continual light spell.
Narrator
 GM, 4276 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 12 Aug 2017
at 20:22
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 88):

The work proceeds carefully...
Make a pair of breaking and entering rolls and an architecture roll to avoid collapse
Ketil Deepwalker
 player, 9 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 00:10
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Ketil works carefully, to keep the dome from collapsing as he makes an entrance hole.  His mind wholely on the task, each strike carefully placed.

[Private to GM:
20:06, Today: Ketil Deepwalker rolled 8 using 1d20.  Forced Entry.
20:06, Today: Ketil Deepwalker rolled 20 using 1d20.  Forced Entry.
20:05, Today: Ketil Deepwalker rolled 15 using 1d20, unique dice.  Architecture.

Architecture IQ(11) +3
Forced Entry Dex(13) +2
]
Goran the Marked
 player, 15 posts
 Priest of Hors
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 00:22
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Goran utters a prayer to the sun god high in the sky. At first, nothing happens.

"Hors dislikes the dark world under the surface of the world. But he will grant us the power to bring light into the darkness."

After that, he utters a second prayer, and then a third. The magical lights ignite.

[Private to Narrator:
20:21, Today: Goran the Marked rolled 9 using 2d6.  duration of light 2.
20:21, Today: Goran the Marked rolled 7 using 2d6.  duration of light 1.
20:17, Today: Goran the Marked rolled 12 using 3d6.  Continual Light 15 - 1 for active spell.
20:17, Today: Goran the Marked rolled 7 using 3d6.  Continual Light 15 - 1 for active spell.
20:17, Today: Goran the Marked rolled 16 using 3d6.  Continual Light 15 - 1 for active spell.
]
Urrun
 player, 38 posts
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 02:19
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
Urrun helped Ketil where he could, mostly providing and extra hand here or there, or providing the grunt work while the Dwarf worked on the more sensitive parts. As strange as it was to see the Gnoll working side by side with the Dwarves, he did not seem bothered by the arrangement.
Hograth Podkarmen
 player, 30 posts
 Holy Dwarven Warrior
 Of Hades
Sun 13 Aug 2017
at 06:06
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Goran the Marked (msg # 91):

"Thank you."

Hograth will return the wick to its position in his helmet.
Narrator
 GM, 4287 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 14 Aug 2017
at 15:10
A matter of concern for the Hadereum
In reply to Hograth Podkarmen (msg # 93):

The light spells aglow, Goran sits back to recover the spent energy.
The stine shifting operation is nearly done...