Caravan to Al Menir.   Posted by Saskali Kolaj.Group: archive 0
Saskali Kolaj
 player, 2 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 00:50
Caravan to Al Menir
Near the fountain in merchant's square, Adventurer's guild agent Saskali Kolaj stands with Murbak Al Fahid, a plainly, but well dressed man wearing a turban and steel framed lenses over his eyes, surveying a number of laborers and guards waiting for evaluation for hiring. Along with them is an armored man, Hassim ab Queber.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:50, Sun 24 Sept 2017.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 1 post
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 02:39
Caravan to Al Menir
Moving a bit uncertainly he steps close to the men hiring the caravan members.

Could yoo ussse a healer and holy fighter?
Saskali Kolaj
 player, 3 posts
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 12:51
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 2):

"Are you affiliated with the guild? I cannot recommend you if you are not, unless you can demonstrate your ability effectively enough for us to guage your rate of pay."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 2 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 23 Sep 2017
at 17:45
Caravan to Al Menir
Guild? I know not of guild  .... but would feel bad to cutting you up and trying to heal one time again...
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 1 post
 Caravan guard
Sun 24 Sep 2017
at 20:48
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 4):

"I see your weapon is a greatsword. Spar with me using a staff, that I might judge your skill. As to healing, we will find, rather than make a wounded person.:
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 3 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 00:31
Caravan to Al Menir
I have no staff with me... do you have an extra?



He is given a staff and comes on guard. Passerby's suddenly move away to avoid a thwack by mistake.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:46, Mon 25 Sept 2017.

Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 2 posts
 Caravan guard
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 21:20
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 6):

Hassim nods and steps into position with his staff.


Lets do: 3 attacks and 3 parries each.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 4 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 25 Sep 2017
at 23:09
Caravan to Al Menir
Sssertainly... He takes what appears to be a moderately high swing but drops it dow to knee level as he brings it across, and steps left bring the staff back up on guard.




[Private to GM:  16:08, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 9 using 3d6.  Swing.  made by 8]
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 3 posts
 Caravan guard
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 14:55
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 8):

Your tap gets just past his parry, but his swing on you looks pretty goood!
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 5 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 19:01
Caravan to Al Menir
He makes a great parry move but just misses the opposing sword regardless...  He steps back and salutes his opponent.





[Private to GM: 11:56, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 15 using 3d6.  Parry. Skill is 14  so he failed to parry]
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 4 posts
 Caravan guard
Tue 26 Sep 2017
at 21:26
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 10):

"One each. Shall we continue?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 6 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 27 Sep 2017
at 01:07
Caravan to Al Menir
He nods and Feints from the left..




[Private to GM: 17:58, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 12 using 3d6.  Sword  Swing. Success by 5]

This message was last edited by the player at 18:09, Fri 29 Sept 2017.

Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 5 posts
 Caravan guard
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 12:42
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 12):

Hasim attamots a parry of your attack, and his staff only slides against
Your, allowing the staff to strike at him.

He follows through with a sweep of your legs that may require a dodge to avoid.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 7 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 29 Sep 2017
at 18:15
Caravan to Al Menir
He steps out of the way and then executes a stab at the man's chest (Vitals).




[Private to GM: 11:11, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 3d6.  Dodge success by 1
11:12, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 3d6.  Sword Thrust - Vitals.  Success by 7  AND his opponent should be at -5 to defend
]
Narrator
 GM, 4480 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 01:31
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 14):

He fails to parry, eager as he is to strike, that his staff follows through, and may end up striking  you as well...
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 8 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 1 Oct 2017
at 02:16
Caravan to Al Menir
He manages a parry after his thrust, stopping the swing.




[Private to GM:  19:13, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 12 using 3d6.  Parry. made by 2]
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 6 posts
 Caravan guard
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 13:21
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 16):

The man grunts at the impact of the strike and lowers the staff.
"That will do. We will hire you on."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 9 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 2 Oct 2017
at 17:32
Caravan to Al Menir
"What thingsss might I need to acquire?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:25, Thu 05 Oct 2017.

Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 1 post
 Caravan leader
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 14:32
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 18):

"Bring such gear as you might need traveling accross mountains.  We will provide food and water as needed, but you are responsible for any unusual things as you require. Provisions  will be deducted from your pay, whether you partake or not."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 10 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 5 Oct 2017
at 16:43
Caravan to Al Menir
He nods, isss there  placess where I can acquire magical resssstorives and potionsss





[Private to GM: This is the opportunity to send him to the guild... he can buy in and buy Paut, and perhaps other elixers.]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:17, Fri 06 Oct 2017.

Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 2 posts
 Caravan leader
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 21:55
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 20):

"I do not deal in such things. Perhaps one of Master Kolaj's associates in the Adventurers Guild does."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 11 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 6 Oct 2017
at 21:58
Caravan to Al Menir
Adventurersss guild? Where isss thissss?
Saskali Kolaj
 player, 4 posts
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 14:17
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 22):

"Two streets up, make a right. Looks like a fortification with a gate house."

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:58, Sun 08 Oct 2017.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 12 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 7 Oct 2017
at 19:08
Caravan to Al Menir
My Thankssss, I will go there now.
Narrator
 GM, 4504 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 9 Oct 2017
at 14:03
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 24):

Do any stocking ooc
Gorgath
 player, 394 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 11 Oct 2017
at 04:14
Caravan to Al Menir
Barely a day goes by before Gorgath gets the itch to make some money again. Word has finally made it's way to the ogre's brain and he now finds himself in the merchant's square, trying to find who's in charge.

[Private to GM: I'm assuming I am going here.]
Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 3 posts
 Caravan leader
Fri 13 Oct 2017
at 04:12
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 26):

The caravan leader recoils slightly as the towering form of Gorgath approaches.
"Kolaj, is this walking mountain affiliated with you?"
Gareth
 player, 157 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 16 Oct 2017
at 06:14
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mubark Al Fahid (msg # 27):

Gareth, following in the others here, watched the big Ogre he is familiar with approach ahead of them.
Saskali Kolaj
 player, 5 posts
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 14:37
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mubark Al Fahid (msg # 27):

The recruiter raises his eyebrows.
"That is Gorgath, a member of the Deepguard. He is known for
protecting shipments of silver from the King's mines, before the mines
were lost. Recently he has been invokved in escorting a member of your
guild underground, and I am told it was a successful mission.
I was not expecting him to come..."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:21, Mon 17 Dec 2018.

Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 4 posts
 Caravan leader
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 14:39
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Saskali Kolaj (msg # 29):

"Hasim, do you wish to spar with this one also?"
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 7 posts
 Caravan guard
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 14:40
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mubark Al Fahid (msg # 30):

"I would rather not. He seems to come well recommended."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 86 posts
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 15:30
Caravan to Al Menir
The ex-noble wandered into the area full of Caravans, he was trudging through the ground, but still kept his head up well enough to see all of the options "Which one is the correct one then AMelia?
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 21 posts
 Agent about town
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 18:46
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 32):

"The fellow with the spectacles, Al Fahid is the leader."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:02, Thu 19 Oct 2017.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 13 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 18 Oct 2017
at 19:09
Caravan to Al Menir
He comes back to the Caravan leader with his new purchases.  Ready to go
Sorsha
 player, 687 posts
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 00:35
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha follows along with her cousin. She looks around to see what they might be carrying.
Shroud
 player, 13 posts
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 03:16
Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud follows close, taking note of what everyone is doing.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 87 posts
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 12:06
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron grinned and then headed over to the spectacled man "Ho, My companion here tells me you're in need of people to make sure no ill-fortune befalls your caravan" he said, getting to the point straight away.
Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 5 posts
 Caravan leader
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 20:05
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 37):

"Kolaj, I see some of these have the marks of your guild. Are they known to you?"
Gareth
 player, 158 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 19 Oct 2017
at 22:27
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mubark Al Fahid (msg # 38):

"We are a group sent by the guild, as is our Orgish friend here. Most of us have met each other, though only a few of us have worked together before."
Sorsha
 player, 688 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 01:06
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha walks over to Mubark Al Fahid "Greetings. I am from the guild to go with the caravan, me and My cousin. I am Sorsha."
Saskali Kolaj
 player, 6 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 14:04
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 40):

"Yes, the shadow elf, sorceress, good with lightning, and her cousin the cabinet maker and locksmith, they have worked with the Deep Guard ogre, and I see the fellow in sandals is new to the guild and good with fire. The knightly fellow is a competant swordsman and his agent are known to us as well. Are there any others?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Sun 22 Oct 2017.

Gareth
 player, 159 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 14:09
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Saskali Kolaj (msg # 41):

"Another mage, Berry I believe her name was, and a scout, Shroud. They around here somewhere?"
Shroud
 player, 14 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 19:36
Caravan to Al Menir
"I do some scout work for the guild as well as some expeditions." Shroud says from behind Gareth.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 88 posts
Sat 21 Oct 2017
at 21:49
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron glanced around and smiled at the introductions, satisfied that they would be vouched for. "Aye, we're with the guild and we'd like to offer service to your caravan to ensure it makes its way safely to the intended destination.

They're a good lot, here. And I suspect that their number would deter even the most intent of bandits

Saskali Kolaj
 player, 7 posts
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 19:04
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 42):

"Ah, Shroud. Much spoken of, rarely seen. This Berry, if I recall correctly,  is one of our kitchen witches, a spellcaster who can cook."
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 1 post
Sun 22 Oct 2017
at 19:06
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Saskali Kolaj (msg # 45):

A dark complected man with long braids and a bow gives shroud a once over.
"A scout, eh? What is your preferred terrain? We are going to be in the mountains. "
Shroud
 player, 15 posts
Mon 23 Oct 2017
at 02:57
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Aldubu Alsaghir (msg # 46):

"My preferred terrain is a city and no, I do not use a bow." Shroud response, not really giving the man notice.
Sorsha
 player, 689 posts
Tue 24 Oct 2017
at 00:31
Caravan to Al Menir
"I can sneak some and I have spell missile weapons. But I too prefer the city"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 14 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 24 Oct 2017
at 01:47
Caravan to Al Menir
Sssso all are City folk
Gorgath
 player, 395 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 02:21
Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath nods at his polearm.

"No problem. I here for good money."
Gareth
 player, 160 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 25 Oct 2017
at 21:57
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 50):

"Oh, yes. Fires work well out of the city as well as in it. So does magic, in my experience. Pleasantries done? Can we leave now and get to work?"
Berry
 player, 23 posts
 Mage
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 00:47
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 42):

OOC: Berry took a short detour to consult with her Mentor. She'll be along shortly!
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 89 posts
Thu 26 Oct 2017
at 17:38
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron chuckled ad Gareth's impatience and then added to the caravan master "Well, I wouldn't let their city savvy concern you too much. You just need capable people to protect your caravan if the deterrant isn't enough.

I can give you some assurances that we'd be more than competant at ensuring your investment doesn't fall into unsavoury hands.

Also, given how quickly this lot seem to burn through their coin, I think they have added incentive to get paid for a job well done
he said, and then added with an additional chuckle.
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 2 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 00:00
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 53):

"If all of you are cirified, you are going to have to trust in me to get through the mountains. "
Gorgath
 player, 396 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 00:02
Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath turns to Haveron,

"Who you? Why you speak for me?"
Sorsha
 player, 690 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 02:19
Caravan to Al Menir
She looks at Gorgath "Well, I am a city girl. Though if the mountains are anything like the undergraound, I do have experience with that"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 15 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 02:34
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Aldubu Alsaghir (msg # 54):

Why? What be You?
Gareth
 player, 161 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 03:52
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 57):

Gareth turns to Gorgath.

"Haveron has a big mouth, so I let him use it for us so we don't have to waste time talking. You don't have to, but it might suit you as it suits me. Say, where is Berry...Haveron, you seem to have lost her on the way here. She will be along presently, I presume..."

[OOC: Yes, I did read Berries note, but Gareth didn't, so I am filling in for it IC!]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 90 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 18:03
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron's visage darkened at Gareth's comments Now now, better be sure to keep polite in polite society he said. Then he looked at Gorgath "I didn't speak for you, I spoke for those that had come to the caravans with me from the inn
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 3 posts
Fri 27 Oct 2017
at 21:13
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 57):
The scout looks intently at the lizard warrior, and shrugs.
"I am the guide in service to this caravan. I grew up in these mountains, and I have spent time beneath the guild here as well. If you are good with the trails we take, I find that respectable."
Gareth
 player, 163 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 00:26
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Aldubu Alsaghir (msg # 60):

Noticing Haverons visage darken, Gareth responds

"No insult intended. Just describing as I saw it, though perhaps not using the most suitable words. Word and their meanings seem to have subtly changed since..." His voice trails off.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 16 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 28 Oct 2017
at 02:07
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Aldubu Alsaghir (msg # 60):

Then your wordsss make sensssssse
Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 6 posts
 Caravan leader
Sun 29 Oct 2017
at 14:24
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 62):

"Prepare the usual contracts."
Sorsha
 player, 691 posts
Mon 30 Oct 2017
at 01:11
Caravan to Al Menir
So when do we leave. I can't wait to get going."
Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 7 posts
 Caravan leader
Tue 31 Oct 2017
at 14:33
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mubark Al Fahid (msg # 63):

"Rhe caravan leaves tomorrow. "


Contracts are as follows:
Expected duration of journey is 2 weeks

(Base rate - $150 COL per week)
62pt: $200- $150=$50 per week
125pt: $400- $150=$250 per week
187 pt: $600- $150=$450 per week
250pt: $800- $150=$650 per week

Possibilities exist for bonus pay;
Base rate is altered by wealth level.
Pay is dispensed at end of journey, when the caravan breaks up in Al Menir.
Gareth
 player, 165 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 31 Oct 2017
at 22:17
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mubark Al Fahid (msg # 65):

"Right. How do we get bonus pay?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 95 posts
Wed 1 Nov 2017
at 14:10
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron grinned at Gareth and then casually mentioned I expect it'd involve putting some people back to the mud
Gareth
 player, 166 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 1 Nov 2017
at 21:44
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 67):

"Probably. I just want to be sure I get the right ones!"
Sorsha
 player, 692 posts
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 01:46
Caravan to Al Menir
She grins at Gareth "Making up for lost time?"
Gareth
 player, 167 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 05:59
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 69):

"Hell yeah."
Narrator
 GM, 4551 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 18:46
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 70):

Berry finally shows up...
Gareth
 player, 168 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 2 Nov 2017
at 23:30
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 71):

Gareth has little to do in way of preparing. He has some gruel at the Guild, and crashes overnight, but is ready to go very early next day.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 97 posts
Fri 3 Nov 2017
at 13:50
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron took some time for himself, and traded some metal for some drink during their wait. He also ensured to communicate with the merchants to ask them about the road and if they 'actively expect' trouble, or just are taking precautions. The man has not been that way in a long enough period to mean he's not quite aware about how bad the roads are.
Shroud
 player, 16 posts
Fri 3 Nov 2017
at 14:37
Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud has little in the way for preparing, after another meal and rest overnight he is ready to go.
Berry
 player, 26 posts
 Mage
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 04:18
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 71):

Sorry I took so long. Berry says, before getting the contract to sign. She actually reads it carefully before signing it. Berry doesn't have anything to do to prepare really. She does relay what she learned from her mentor when she gets the chance. The story about the demon, the silver chains and such would be a very old binding, but the tower's description would put it as a younger tower.
Gareth
 player, 170 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 04:41
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 75):

Gareth will take some time to ask Berry about where she went, as she mentioned heading to her mentor before she left. He asks about the mentor, and what he knew.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 17 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 4 Nov 2017
at 17:56
Caravan to Al Menir
Having spent some time in a place frequented by his own people, He is ready to move on ... he arrives packed and ready to go well before he assigned time.
Narrator
 GM, 4556 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 02:07
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 77):
The next morming, The caravan forms.
Sorsha
 player, 693 posts
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 03:18
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha shows up with her cousin and supplies of food and water.
Gareth
 player, 171 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 5 Nov 2017
at 11:00
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 78):

Gareth shows up with the other members of the guild, with all his worldly possessions.

Did Berry get to answer him?
Berry
 player, 27 posts
 Mage
Mon 6 Nov 2017
at 02:29
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 76):

OOC: Sry answer now

"Basically my mentor takes an interest in demons, and he's heard of a demon bound like that, but neither the location nor the time frame fit. So it sounds like detail from one story got mixed in with detail from another."

Berry shows up with Var in tow. If asked about him she says he'll do manual labor for food, although he'll probably show more effort if he's getting paid. She does appear to have some scratch marks on her hand. Like from a cat.
[Private to GM:
OOC: I assume? He was in Wastrel's hope. So tell me if I need a retcon. (Or just have the caravan master says there all full.)
]
Gareth
 player, 172 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 6 Nov 2017
at 03:13
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 81):

"Awfully glad that does not match. Did you ask how to kill demons if we come across them? Oh, and where did that scratch mark come from on your hand?"
Berry
 player, 28 posts
 Mage
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 00:11
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 82):

"I think you kill demons by blasting them or stabbing them. Oh, and I tried to pet a cat. It wasn't happy with me." Berry replies.
Gareth
 player, 173 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 01:00
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 83):

"Maybe you should have blasted it. Do you need any first aid?"
Sorsha
 player, 694 posts
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 02:02
Caravan to Al Menir
She looks at Gareth "Like I said, we ran into demons and just killed them the normal way. I think the more powerful ones might have protections. I guess we will find out when we get there"
Gareth
 player, 174 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 04:40
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 85):

"Finding out when we get ther is how to get into a real pickle, in my experience. Forewarned is fourarmed, and I like as many arms as possible!"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 18 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 18:07
Caravan to Al Menir
Let me Ssseee Ssscratchesss ssso they do not become red and painful; That could make you Ssssick!




[Private to GM: 11:01, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 using 3d6.  Minor Healing. Just made it. ]
Var
 NPC, 2 posts
 Goblin servant
Tue 7 Nov 2017
at 21:42
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 87):

Berry's servant reviews the contract with a sharp eye and a wicked grin.
"Hmm, no actual description of how much work, just 'duties as assigned' they shall have to find me first. Done."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:51, Fri 10 Nov 2017.

Sorsha
 player, 695 posts
Wed 8 Nov 2017
at 02:34
Caravan to Al Menir
"Well, from my readings, different powerful ones need different things, far too many to drag along if we don't have some idea which demon it is"
Gareth
 player, 175 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 06:00
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 89):

"Ah, thanks Sorcha. That was what worried me.

Are we all here and ready to go now? Need to earn some cash to pay Sorcha back!
"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 98 posts
Thu 9 Nov 2017
at 13:08
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron patted Gareth on the back after having listened to his and Sorscha's talk of demons. "I reckon we are all ready to head out. It's good to be prepared for these things, so maybe before we head straight into the place where demons might roam we can scout the area and then make additional preparations if needs be.

Sorscha, I think your expertise would be vastly beneficial to our efforts"

Narrator
 GM, 4567 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 01:54
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 91):

The caravan is forming, with pack mules and a few carts pulled by teams of mules. Everyone is walking. You can see the last bundles being packed on the mules orvon the carts. You note a few barrels, but perhaps not as many as you might expect. Provisions seem to make up three of the carts, although one is loaded with cookware as well.
Gareth
 player, 176 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 05:09
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 92):

Gareth will inspect the caravan, more to ascertain friend from foe for later, but he pretends to be interested in the goods, asking about them.
Shroud
 player, 17 posts
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 05:51
Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud makes sure all his things are together and finds the rest of the group, he sticks close to them.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 19 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 16:32
Caravan to Al Menir
He places himself about ⅓ of the way back from the front, assuming most problems will occur in the front.
Narrator
 GM, 4574 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 21:18
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 95):

The Caravan heads south first, out the Merchant gate, although the destination is West.
Gareth
 player, 177 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 Nov 2017
at 23:47
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 96):

Gareth positions himself near the middle of the convoy. He is confidant that the caravan knows where it is going better than he does now.
Berry
 player, 29 posts
 Mage
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 00:55
Caravan to Al Menir
Berry will place herself near the middle of the caravan. She doesn't really bother inspecting it. She mostly hopes they brought enough food. She's gonna be annoyed if she needs to conjure up food for the caravan.
Sorsha
 player, 696 posts
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 04:40
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will stay close to the front if only so she doesn't have to suck in all the dust the caravan stirs up. Plus she likes to know what is going on.
Gorgath
 player, 397 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 05:26
Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath had little to gather and had arrived early to the caravan.

The ogre walked near the front of the caravan to deter any would-be problems with the mythic Doomrazor being used as a makeshift walking stick.

He spotted the small form of Sorsha and gave the elf a nod.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:27, Sat 11 Nov 2017.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 100 posts
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 16:20
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron mostly meandered between front and back, just casually making conversation with people in the caravan, and the group they had formed.

He'd be very interested in what their aspirations are.
Gareth
 player, 178 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 11 Nov 2017
at 21:39
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 101):

Gareth is puretty tight lipped about aspirations beyond making money.
Mischa
 NPC, 77 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 04:13
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 102):

Mischa gives a look at the built ins of the kitchen cart and admires some of the knives carried by Hamid and others.
Berry
 player, 30 posts
 Mage
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 04:27
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 102):

Berry says "Money and arcane power! Adventuring seemed like it would take the least work."
Narrator
 GM, 4586 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Nov 2017
at 20:40
Caravan to Al Menir
The caravan makes its way out of the city gate, and turns west, following  the city wall for a time before entering the foothills.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 101 posts
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 19:48
Caravan to Al Menir
Well, at least the view is nice... Haveron said as he strolled with heavy footfalls on the road. After making initial efforts to talk with people the man had retreated into his own thoughts and slowed his pace until he was slugging along in the rear.
Narrator
 GM, 4593 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Nov 2017
at 22:53
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 106):

Haveron gets a good idea about who is likely to be a straggler in need of eatching. He also notices that only about a third of the workers are wearing livery, and these include the headman, his master of arms, quartermaster, chief teamster, head cook, and some of tje laborers.
Sorsha
 player, 698 posts
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 01:45
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will head up to the front so she can see where they are going.
Gareth
 player, 179 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 01:51
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 108):

Gareth will be enjoying the view.

[Private to GM: Actually, he will be looking out for anything familiar in the general surrounds of Northport, as well as watching carefully how individuals react to each other withing the caravan, noting those in livery and how they treat those not in livery, etc.]
Berry
 player, 31 posts
 Mage
Tue 14 Nov 2017
at 23:36
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 109):

Berry is also basically enjoying the view.
Sorsha
 player, 699 posts
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 03:05
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha keeps walking and looking around. She has to admit, its nice not to be underground.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 20 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 03:12
Caravan to Al Menir
He keeps to himself, which isn't hard as everyone leaves him plenty of room.
Shroud
 player, 18 posts
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 03:37
Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud Keeps to himself while staying in the middle of the caravan, checking every now and then where his group is.
Narrator
 GM, 4604 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 17:25
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Shroud (msg # 113):

One of the assistant cooks seems to be looking at Shroud, and trying not to be seen doing so. He is also scrawny and a little unpleaseant looking.


Those wishing to gather intel on the caravan need to make Observation rolls, or per-5, with bonuses for extra time; you will have had 4 hours to watch interactions before the first stop for a break.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 21 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 15 Nov 2017
at 18:09
Caravan to Al Menir
He watches things going on, but has trouble discerning human behavior and intentions





[Private to GM: 11:07, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception  -5.  Needed a 9]
Gareth
 player, 180 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 01:13
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 115):

How long should we assume a normal observation roll would take? 5 minutes?

Under that assumption, 4x60=240 minutes would be 48x normal time, or +5 to Observation, or Per.

Not that it helps Gareth, who is so busy looking around he bumps into one of the wagons when is slows for a hill, much to the amusement of the others.

[Private to GM: Of course, Gareth rolled terribly, 1 over perception...]
Chye Isuel
 player, 951 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Isuel!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 01:18
Caravan to Al Menir
(OOC observation rolls take an hours time, per try, until spotted.)
Gareth
 player, 181 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 01:23
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 117):

[OOC: So +2 then. Failed by more than I thought! Thanks.]
Shroud
 player, 19 posts
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 02:55
Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud tried to observe but constantly stops because he too notices the cook looking at him, if anything worth noticing happened, Shroud missed it.
Gorgath
 player, 398 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Thu 16 Nov 2017
at 06:16
Caravan to Al Menir
The big ogre continues his forward gaze, oblivious to nearly everything else.

[Private to GM: 20:54, Yesterday: Shroud rolled 12 using 3d6.  observation Per-5+2 for time.]
Sorsha
 player, 700 posts
Fri 17 Nov 2017
at 02:08
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha walks along, looking and taking her time but she doesn't see much.

[Private to GM: Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  observation  12-5 +2.]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 103 posts
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 10:03
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron noted those that semed to straggle and those that were wearing livery as he slumped along behind, caught a little in his own thoughts.


[Private to GM: 10:02, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 11 using 3d6.
perception/observation.  10:02, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 10 using 3d6.  perception/observation.  10:02, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 8 using 3d6.
 perception/observation.  10:01, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 16 using 3d6.  perception/observation.
]
Narrator
 GM, 4611 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 18 Nov 2017
at 20:44
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 122):

Haveron does notice that a couple of the mon liveried types seem to know each other, but are acting like they don't, exchanging nods while not making eye contact. He is about to follow one, to see where he goes, and accidentally steps into a mule dropping.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 105 posts
Fri 24 Nov 2017
at 13:20
Caravan to Al Menir
Cursing, and shaking off his leg Haveron's attention was momentarily distracted with the cleaning of his boot "Bloody damn animals" he cursed emphatically. He'd never really felt comfortable in the presence of horses and despite his own father's demands had opted to stay on foot during all engagements they had shared. His siblings had similarly derided him for not having the proper grasp of horse-handling but ultimately were less stern and more forgiving in their treatment of him.


It took a few moments to regain his composure but afterwards he inched himself closer to Shroud and nudged him with a shoulder before pointing out the men who were hiding their alleigance. It seemed like an odd thing to hide from a caravan "See those? he offered quietly.
Shroud
 player, 20 posts
Sat 25 Nov 2017
at 04:14
Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud notice the people Haveron gestured towards. He then whispers back.

"Not really, too busy noticing the cook's assistant noticing me trying to notice things. Guess we are the outcast in this play. Assume those that did not come with us know each other. Now to find out why they are hiding that fact."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:14, Sat 25 Nov 2017.

Rakhis Shamir
 NPC, 1 post
 Caravan quartermaster
Sun 26 Nov 2017
at 15:42
Caravan to Al Menir
The quartermaster calls a halt, sending a
Runner to the head and tail of the caravan, and the procession comes to an uneven halt.
The kitchen wagons start to set up,and the master at arms directs his few
liveried guards along with all of you to
Form a broad perimeter.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 106 posts
Sun 26 Nov 2017
at 16:52
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron walked up to the carvan leader and asked "Something wrong? Have the scouts spotted something?
Gareth
 player, 182 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 26 Nov 2017
at 20:40
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 127):

Gareth also approaches the quartermaster, and upon hearing Haverons question awaits the answer.
Berry
 player, 32 posts
 Mage
Sun 26 Nov 2017
at 22:39
Caravan to Al Menir
Berry does go to the perimeter, but she does her best to be standing by, and a little behind one of the other guards.
Sorsha
 player, 701 posts
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 00:08
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha walks to a spot on the perimeter and finds a place to hide if she needs too. She watches the guards and away from camp in case there is something screwy going on. She doesn't trust most of these people.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 22 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 02:28
Caravan to Al Menir
Yisslitheniss moves to stand by the command group, where he assumes any wounded will be brought, he makes ready as best he can.
Shroud
 player, 21 posts
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 15:08
Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud takes post on the perimeter, taking note of those near him.
Rakhis Shamir
 NPC, 2 posts
 Caravan quartermaster
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 19:02
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Shroud (msg # 132):

"This is standard procedure. Food is brought to the guards at their picket, but cookfires are known to attract any who are hungry, likewise, any trying to follow in our path are likely to catch up with us as we pause for food and prayer. The caravan makes four stops per day, twice to cook and shorter stops for prayer, one reason why infidels are hired.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:30, Tue 28 Nov 2017.

Gareth
 player, 183 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 27 Nov 2017
at 23:26
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Rakhis Shamir (msg # 133):

"I see. What is an infidel?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 23 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 02:23
Caravan to Al Menir
One who doessss not kill othersss for not worssshipping Mohammed.
Rakhis Shamir
 NPC, 3 posts
 Caravan quartermaster
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 02:33
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 135):

"The book teaches us to be tolerant of those with other faiths. Paradise may not be open to them, but our business is."
Gareth
 player, 184 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 02:45
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Rakhis Shamir (msg # 136):

"Bah, what is Paradise supposed to be anyway? And what is the alternative?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 24 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 02:45
Caravan to Al Menir
Paradisssse issss open to all who support God'ssss wishesss, regardlesssss of which human defined religion they follow. A Good Christian issss preferable to a poor Musssslim in God's eyessss, he cares not  about human names, only deedssss.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 25 posts
Tue 28 Nov 2017
at 02:46
Caravan to Al Menir

This message was deleted by the player at 02:46, Tue 28 Nov 2017.

Sorsha
 player, 702 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 02:22
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha rolls her eyes at the idea of peace, nice thought but not likely. "I am tolerant if my kind is tolerated, which I am not always. Tolerance only goes so far"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 107 posts
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 06:10
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron glanced around at each member of the conversation and the notion of paradise, deeds and what it meant to be an infidel or holy member of the world. He kept his thoughts quiet and cocked one side of his mouth in a half-grin at the debate.

Sometimes there was weight on a person's shoulders that wasn't always caused by hefting a sword.
Gareth
 player, 185 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 06:56
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 141):

"Heh, no one seems to be able to answer my question. Not sure paradise is all it is cracked up to be. Eternal fire sounds nice for me..."
Rakhis Shamir
 NPC, 4 posts
 Caravan quartermaster
Wed 29 Nov 2017
at 17:10
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 142):

"I am sure that awaits you."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:19, Fri 01 Dec 2017.

Gareth
 player, 186 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 00:28
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Rakhis Shamir (msg # 143):

"Glad to hear."

He returns to guard the perimeter.
Sorsha
 player, 703 posts
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 00:32
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 144):

"I can't say I would like a fire environment. I like a nice hot tub though" she says with a giggle.
Gareth
 player, 187 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 30 Nov 2017
at 00:38
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 145):

"I will join you with the hot tub, but without the water! Never liked water..." he laughs.
Narrator
 GM, 4654 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 17:22
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 146):

After prayer, and then food is distributed to the workers, it is brought to the guards (y'all). Nourishing, and cooked with more spices than you are used to, it is a rice dish with a small amount of lamb meat, flavored with cinnamon, onion and mushroom, searved with fresh flatbread.
Shroud
 player, 22 posts
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 17:51
Caravan to Al Menir
"Ok, this was good. Need more of this more often."
He says in between bites.
Narrator
 GM, 4658 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 18:41
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Shroud (msg # 148):

Shortly after, the break is halted, and the caravan is on the move again.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 26 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 19:38
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 147):

Not much meat... too much grain. Interessssting taessste though.
Gareth
 player, 188 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 1 Dec 2017
at 21:27
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 150):

Gareth liked food hot, though he was not used to spicy hot. Nonetheless, he enjoys the new flavour and finishes it, before getting ready to move on.
Sorsha
 player, 704 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2017
at 00:14
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha looks at Gareth "You heat up the water for me then." she smiles

"This is good. But I would also prefer more meat. I wonder if I could learn to cook this"
Gareth
 player, 189 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 2 Dec 2017
at 00:56
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 152):

"With pleasure."

He takes the water container and casts a quick spell and the water starts heating up. It gets hotter, and hotter, even after it has begun to boil...

[Private to GM: Rolled 9 under skill, Heat. Will continue heating it well past boiling if Sorcha lets him, but he will not want to hurt her, so he will stop when asked. If not asked, water will be boiled away!]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 108 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2017
at 06:38
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron took his time eating the food, frowning and looking off to the horizon as he ate. It was very unusual and he wanted to take the right amount of time to figure out whether ornot he liked it. It didn't take long for him to have finished and ask with a grin "Is there any more of that?"

As they walked Haveron fell instep with Sorsha and jested "If you learn to cook that I reckon there'll be many more adventures with our merry band!
Sorsha
 player, 705 posts
Sat 2 Dec 2017
at 23:45
Caravan to Al Menir
She looks at Gareth "Now if you can do that to a large body of water, I would love it. So next time in town, I will rent a tube to bath in." The thought thrills her.

She looks at Haveron "Yes, I will have to speak to cook and get some lessons"
Gareth
 player, 190 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 00:45
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 155):

As the water continues to heat, now boiling furiously, Gareth answers.

"I guess I can. Not many like it that hit. Still better to bathe in fire, I reckon."
Berry
 player, 33 posts
 Mage
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 02:38
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 155):

Berry sits down to finish her food, but after she wanders away from her "post" over to her companions. I could try teaching you. Much, much easier than hovering over a kettle or something."

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:16, Sun 03 Dec 2017.

Sorsha
 player, 706 posts
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 02:42
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 156):

Well, I would not want you to bring the water to a boil, just warm it up. I like hot water, I don' plan on being soup" she says with a giggle.

She looks at Berry "Oh, that would be wonderful. I could teach you something. Do you have Water to wine?
Gareth
 player, 191 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 10:24
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 158):

"I really only know fire magic, and a little smattering of other things. But I am always ready to exchange ideas. Oh, I also know a little in food spells, but I am looking for meta-magic spells to enable me to throw spells..."
Narrator
 GM, 4660 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 20:49
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 159):

The caravan is back on the move, and continues on until sunset. Aldubu Alshagir returns from his advance scouting to lead everyone to a campsite off the road that is by a stream and has plenty of fodder for the mules.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 27 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 20:52
Caravan to Al Menir
Does this appear to be a regularly used spot ... or used recently?





[Private to GM: 13:51, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 8 using 3d6.  Perception.]
Narrator
 GM, 4664 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 3 Dec 2017
at 22:35
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 161):

There are traces of ash under the turf being rolled back for fire; given the color of the grass in those areas, it may have been done a week ago.
Sorsha
 player, 707 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 00:13
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 159):

"I have a few meta magic spells, we can later" she says with a smile.
Berry
 player, 34 posts
 Mage
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 02:09
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 158):

Nope. That certainly sounds like a good spell to have though!
Sorsha
 player, 708 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 02:18
Caravan to Al Menir
She grins at Berry "Watch how easy it is" she mutters a word and a goblet appears in her hand, that as she mutters another word, it is filled with water. Then she says something else and takes a sip of it. "Its an OK wine. What do you think Barry."
[Private to GM: She has skill of 15 in all the spells. So its a good wine I guess.][Private to Berry: It is good but not great wine.]


21:13, Today: Sorsha rolled 12 using 3d6.  water to wine.
21:12, Today: Sorsha rolled 10 using 3d6.  Create Water.
21:12, Today: Sorsha rolled 14 using 3d6.  Create Object large goblet.

Gareth
 player, 192 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 05:51
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 165):

"I would be glad to teach you how to heat things up if you could teach me to throw spells. Wine may be interesting, a little, but water is not!"

He looks at the cup with some interest...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 109 posts
Mon 4 Dec 2017
at 10:00
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron's eyes lit up as he glanced at the wine manifesting from water "Would you mind if i tried it? As our friend Berry says, it is a fantastic skill to have!
Sorsha
 player, 709 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 01:54
Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha hands the goblet to Haveron "Sure, try it" she really liked this skill, it was a good party trick.

She looks at Gareth "It is a water to wine, not flame to wine"

(ooc- the wine is just good, not great)
Narrator
 GM, 4670 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 14:35
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 168):

The wine is reasonably good. One or two of the nearby workers seem impressed by the conjuration, although one makes a warding gesture and moves away.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 110 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 15:31
Caravan to Al Menir
Tipping the cup against his lips the man tasted the wine Sorsha had conjured and then gave out a sound of satisfaction "Not bad, you're a woman of many talents it would appear! he said, patting her amiably on the back and purposely ignoring the man casting his own wards.
Gareth
 player, 193 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 19:52
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 168):

"Heh, I know. No spell is perfect, hey?"

He laughs.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 28 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 20:21
Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept shakes his head and steps away.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 8 posts
 Caravan guard
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 20:53
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 172):
The weapons master approaches
"Who will be taking the first watch? I expect at least four to do so, and no drinking on duty."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 29 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 20:57
Caravan to Al Menir
I can ...
Berry
 player, 35 posts
 Mage
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 22:12
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Hasim ab Quadeer (msg # 173):

Berry does her best to not get noticed.
Shroud
 player, 23 posts
Tue 5 Dec 2017
at 22:13
Caravan to Al Menir
I will. Shroud says as he approaches.
Gareth
 player, 194 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 00:40
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Shroud (msg # 176):

Noticing Berry is busy, Gareth volunteers.

"I can do a watch with you guys. Just need one more. Perhaps one of your guys, or Sorcha?"
Sorsha
 player, 710 posts
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 02:48
Caravan to Al Menir
She grins at Gareth "Yes, no spells is perfect. And I don't mind taking the first watch. Maybe my cousin can take the second one." she sips some wine and lets her cousin have some. She will let Berry have some if she wants it.
Berry
 player, 36 posts
 Mage
Wed 6 Dec 2017
at 02:54
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 178):

Berry will certainly take a sip of the wine. This way she can claim she's already been drinking and will have to let someone else take her shift tonight. Just in case.
Mischa
 NPC, 78 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 01:45
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 179):

"Then let me turn in so I can take the second... with Haveron I suppose."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 111 posts
Fri 8 Dec 2017
at 09:22
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron patted Mischa on the shoulder with a wide grin a the notion of them guarding together.
"Hopefully, we'll have no trouble, eh?
Mischa
 NPC, 79 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Sat 9 Dec 2017
at 18:54
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 181):

"Between your blade and mine, we should fit any sort of enemy."
Sorsha
 player, 711 posts
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 04:43
Caravan to Al Menir
She sips more wine after Berry does. "OK, anyone else want any? We should prepare to settle down for the night or guard duty"
Gareth
 player, 195 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 09:42
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 183):

"Work before play...perhaps later."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 112 posts
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 11:23
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron let out a laugh at Mischa's words "I think that if anyone steps within a half-score yard of our blades they're already done for", he said in good humour.

With that, Haveron set off around the camp, just getting a feel for the layout and expanse around them. More than anything, it made him feel like he was doing something rather than just standing around waiting for an attack that rarely ever happened.
Berry
 player, 37 posts
 Mage
Sun 10 Dec 2017
at 15:01
Caravan to Al Menir
Berry whispers to Sorsha, "Half a score yards? Let's just hope any attackers forgot to bring a flight spell and crossbows."
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 22 posts
 Agent about town
Mon 11 Dec 2017
at 20:40
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 185):

"We oughta bring archers with us next time, boss. I spotted a few among the retainer, at least one will be on shift for each watch."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 113 posts
Mon 11 Dec 2017
at 20:44
Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron continued walking, and nodded in agreement with Amelia "You are right, of course. he said taking a contemplative moment before continuing.

Did you ever learn to use a bow Amelia? I can't recall, but perhaps it wouldn't be unwise to let you use mine for practice?
Sorsha
 player, 712 posts
Tue 12 Dec 2017
at 01:56
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 186):
Sorsha grins "Remember, flying bowmen make good targets, I have a spell for them.
Gareth
 player, 197 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 12 Dec 2017
at 03:57
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 189):

"Any flying target makes for great target practice unless they are fast, which most humans are NOT. Wyverns now, they know how to fly..."
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 23 posts
 Agent about town
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 01:25
Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 188):

"I can wield a sword or throw a knife, but I never spent any time on archery. Hey, Gareth, you don't have... a tendency to have, you know, strange 5hings happen around you, do you... or for that matter, any of the casters? It kinda would be good to know, and if, for instance, a couple of you do, it might not be the best idea to conjecture on improbable things, because around people who are like that, probability works funny, and unusual things become more likely to happen..."
Sorsha
 player, 713 posts
Wed 13 Dec 2017
at 02:20
Caravan to Al Menir
"I am more of a swordwoman. But for flying critters I have a spell that will rain stones down over an area, hard to avoid" she says to Gareth and anyone else.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 119 posts
Thu 14 Dec 2017
at 17:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Amelia Montaigne:
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 188):

"I can wield a sword or throw a knife, but I never spent any time on archery. Hey, Gareth, you don't have... a tendency to have, you know, strange 5hings happen around you, do you... or for that matter, any of the casters? It kinda would be good to know, and if, for instance, a couple of you do, it might not be the best idea to conjecture on improbable things, because around people who are like that, probability works funny, and unusual things become more likely to happen..."



Raining stones you say? Now that i'd also like to see, but when we're finished with this shift, would you be grand and get me another tankard of wine?
he said to Sorscha, while wiating for them to reply to Amelia's question.

In response to that however he did nod, concerned a little that she might jump into some swordplay should the situation come up; Haveron did not like that idea one bit.
Gareth
 player, 198 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 14 Dec 2017
at 21:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 193):

"Weird things? You are asking a guy who spent 400 years in magical slugs pantry if weird shit happens to him?"

He just shakes his head.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 120 posts
Thu 14 Dec 2017
at 21:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Now Gareth, Amelia is only interested in helping. We understand you may have had some traumatic life events, but everyone here is your friend he said gently, but firmly admonishing the tone he took with Amelia




I really like the party dynamic atm :) it's quite fun to see how it builds/develops

Sorsha
 player, 714 posts
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 02:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha laughs "I have to say, surviving for 400 years in a pantry is the weirdest thing I have seen and I have seen weird stuff"
Gareth
 player, 199 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 15 Dec 2017
at 03:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 195):

"Oh, I am over the trauma, but Sorcha got my meaning!

This message was last edited by the player at 03:41, Fri 15 Dec 2017.

Narrator
 GM, 4716 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 01:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 197):

The night watches pass fairly uneventfully.

Those on shift can make Observation rolls.
Sorsha
 player, 715 posts
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 02:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha watches but must be tired as she sees little that is not obvious.

Today: Sorsha rolled 15 using 3d6.  Per 12.
Gareth
 player, 200 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 03:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 199):

Gareth remains observant for his watch, staying close to the campfire and keeping it as large as he can.

[Private to GM: Perception or Observation? Obsrvation is
quote:
the talent of observing dangerous or “interesting” situations without letting others know that you are watching. Use this skill to monitor a location, a group of people, or your immediate surroundings for concealed or tactically significant details.


Rolled 3 under perception.
]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 32 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 03:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Staying alert, he notices most anything within range of his senses.




[Private to GM:  20:21, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 9 using 3d6.  Perception. By 5]
Narrator
 GM, 4720 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 03:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 200):

Observation is the skill- per -5

The adept notices that some of the employees are marking the guards  locations...
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 33 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 03:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
He will pass this along to his fellow guards when they get off. He will of course not let the employees know this.
Gareth
 player, 201 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 03:48
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 203):

Gareth suggests randomly changing locations on every watch. Subtly, of course.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 34 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 03:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
He nods ... at leasssst
Berry
 player, 42 posts
 Mage
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 04:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
It seems Berry has managed to slip watch duty! Success!
Gareth
 player, 202 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 04:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 206):

Night is not over yet...
Shroud
 player, 24 posts
Mon 18 Dec 2017
at 04:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud starts getting the hang of looking without looking.


23:21, Today: Shroud rolled 7 using 3d6.  Perception
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 123 posts
Tue 19 Dec 2017
at 13:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron took the guard duty without complaint, and spent most of the night wandering around trying to find things to do, that might help it.

13:53, Today: Amelia Montaigne rolled 9 using 3d6.  observation.  13:53, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 14 using 3d6.  observation.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 25 posts
 Agent about town
Fri 22 Dec 2017
at 18:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 209):

"Boss, some of the cooking staff,not the liveried ones,seem to be doing a patrol of their own, like they are watching us."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 125 posts
Fri 22 Dec 2017
at 19:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron looked at Amelia and leaned in close, and asked "What do you think it means? They might be looking for our patterns, i dare not say aloud where my mind takes me just yet
Sorsha
 player, 716 posts
Sat 23 Dec 2017
at 01:10
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha walks over to Haveron "You have any idea what is going on?" she says quietly.
Gareth
 player, 203 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 23 Dec 2017
at 03:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 212):

"Not a clue. Why?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 126 posts
Sat 23 Dec 2017
at 12:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Frowning, the man replied in a quieter voice, just for those of his group in the immediate area "Amelia here has told me that we may be being watched by some of the caravan. I worry what that might mean... perhaps they're scouting for potential attackers, or learning our timings.

Either way I'm quite suspicious.

Gareth
 player, 204 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 23 Dec 2017
at 16:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 214):

"Or they could be planning to take the Caravan. Never underestimate greed...which ones?"
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 26 posts
 Agent about town
Sun 24 Dec 2017
at 02:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 215):

Amelia points with her mouth toward the cooking cart some dozen yards away where the morning line is forming to pick up bowls of seasoned chickpe mash and flatbread.
"One of the assistant cooks there, and one of the packers... there may be more."
Sorsha
 player, 717 posts
Sun 24 Dec 2017
at 04:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"No, as a race that is sneaky, who knows what they are up too.  So lets be careful and watchful."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 127 posts
Sun 24 Dec 2017
at 11:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Maybe we should just ask them" he said, grinning.
Gareth
 player, 205 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 24 Dec 2017
at 11:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 218):

"Well, I might be the best one to do that, since I have not noticed anything. That will cause them to be watching me especially closely..."

He seems to be making the suggestion seriously.

"...or we could burn them all and raise them as smokin' zombies. No, wait, who said that? No, no no..."

His voice trials off.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 129 posts
Mon 25 Dec 2017
at 19:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron grinned at the dark humour, or was it? Sometimes it was hard to tell with the oddly acrid smelling man. "Best figure out what they're up to before putting them to the flame, eh? he offered, indicating he approved of the idea of direct approach.

It was true that skulking, and politicking and all those things that required subterfuge and sneakiness were beyond Haveron's circle of interest. Growing up, he had never quite understood why someone wouldn't just say what they mean and have done with it. If it was happening in this caravan, better to have it out in the open.
Sorsha
 player, 718 posts
Tue 26 Dec 2017
at 22:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha rolls her eyes Gareth "Please, zombies can't cook but they are cheaper. I don't have any necro spells yet"
Gareth
 player, 206 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 26 Dec 2017
at 22:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 221):

"They also do not engage in any subterfuge either. But they are not much at conversation." Gareth laughs.
Var
 NPC, 3 posts
 Goblin servant
Sat 30 Dec 2017
at 15:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 222):

Var brings Berry a bowl of hummus and some flatbread.

"Let's  see. I have found a floating knucklebones game, two malicious gossips, and a pack handler who is overfond of mules. What else have we got?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 35 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 30 Dec 2017
at 19:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
At breakfast he considers whom he may confide in... those on his shift last night seem to have told no one and he feels something should be said. He doesn't see much leadership among the guards.
Sorsha
 player, 719 posts
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 01:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 222):

"But they don't use rations and don't complain like we do"
she says with a giggle.
Gareth
 player, 207 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 02:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 225):

"Oh, I agree. And they don't backstab either. Unless I tell them too..."
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 27 posts
 Agent about town
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 14:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 226):
"Enough necroamantic chit chat. Are we telling Mubark, or are we waiting until we have more to tell?"
Gareth
 player, 208 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 14:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 227):

"Do you really have any evidence? Seems more like a feeling or suspicion to me..."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 36 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 19:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 227):

What do you tell?
Sorsha
 player, 720 posts
Sun 31 Dec 2017
at 22:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"No, I think we can just continue to watch and see what happens. Lets keep a close eye on them"
Berry
 player, 44 posts
 Mage
Mon 1 Jan 2018
at 18:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 223):

Berry responds to Var as she takes the food, "You're not counting yourself as one of the malicious gossips right? Also Ew." As she's eating she wanders over to the other members of the group. "Uneventful night I assume?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 37 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 2 Jan 2018
at 02:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In response to Berry-

Perhapsssss not.
Sorsha
 player, 721 posts
Tue 2 Jan 2018
at 03:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"It was quiet for me but who knows what others were up too.  I can't wait till we get this over"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 38 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 2 Jan 2018
at 18:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
ssssome of the ssssstaff were noting who wassss where.
Sorsha
 player, 722 posts
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 01:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 234):

"Then that is easy, we need to keep mixing it up" she says with a smile.
Var
 NPC, 4 posts
 Goblin servant
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 01:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 234):

"That sounds like those are folks who are up to something. "
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 39 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 02:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Yesssss it doesss
Sorsha
 player, 723 posts
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 02:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She whispers to the party "So, I got some illusion spells to make it look like we are one spot and can be someplace else."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 40 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 02:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
But it answerssss no quesstionssss... why do they track usssss?
Shroud
 player, 25 posts
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 21:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
After listening to the group for a while, Shroud chimes in.

"Nothing will be gained by theorizing over a single nights worth of observation. The only thing we got right now is that they are on alert. We need to observe them more without changing anything."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 41 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 3 Jan 2018
at 22:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Or perhapssss make a ssssmall change and sssee what they do?
Sorsha
 player, 726 posts
Sat 6 Jan 2018
at 04:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"OK, so lets give it time and continue to watch"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 42 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 6 Jan 2018
at 18:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
He shrugs... nods and goes about his business with the Caravan Head... any Sssssick or injured ?
Narrator
 GM, 4770 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 9 Jan 2018
at 20:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 243):

No one was injured during the night.

During the day, you advance to the edge of a dairy farm, and the farmer brings out several barrels of half fermented and thickened milk, which appears to be a regular thing on this route.
 Murbark dickers with the farmer for a bit, and the barrels are loaded on.
Berry
 player, 46 posts
 Mage
Tue 9 Jan 2018
at 21:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry is always glad to see them picking up fresh food. Less work for her if something goes wrong right?
Gareth
 player, 209 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 9 Jan 2018
at 22:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 245):

Gareth looks at the milk with mild interest. It would have been some time, perhaps a few hundred years, since he has tasted it, so his curiosity gets the better of him and he asks to try some.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 43 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 9 Jan 2018
at 22:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Called Yo-Gurt I hear.
Narrator
 GM, 4776 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 15:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 246):

Actually, there was some served on the rice last night.  It is pungent, and sour , but not unpleasant.
Shroud
 player, 26 posts
Wed 10 Jan 2018
at 23:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Adept Yisslitheniss:
Called Yo-Gurt I hear.


Thought it was 'Jo-gurt'?
Sorsha
 player, 727 posts
Thu 11 Jan 2018
at 01:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will go and try and talk to the farmer to see if he has anything else to sell.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 45 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 11 Jan 2018
at 02:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Shroud (msg # 249):

The Adept just shrugs...
Gareth
 player, 210 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 11 Jan 2018
at 05:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 251):

Gareth finds it odd, and leaves it alone, ready to continue on.
Var
 NPC, 5 posts
 Goblin servant
Fri 12 Jan 2018
at 21:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 250):

Berry's servant approaches from the barn, adjusting his belt,and shakes his head at Sorsha."You might want to clear out before the Farmer sees the state of his milkmaid."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 46 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 12 Jan 2018
at 22:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Isssss sssshe Harmed?
Gareth
 player, 211 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 13 Jan 2018
at 00:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 254):

"Or have you been busy, with her consent of course, making half goblins?" he jokes with a grin.
Sorsha
 player, 728 posts
Sat 13 Jan 2018
at 02:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha looks at Var "Did someone here hurt her?"
Var
 NPC, 6 posts
 Goblin servant
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 13:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 256):

Var frowns "Of course there was consent.  I am no angel. She is merely in disarray."
Gareth
 player, 212 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 15:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 257):

"Sounds like someone here is a bit of a wombat. Guess it is time to leave then."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 47 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 18:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Wombat? what issss thissss?
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 134 posts
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 20:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron laughed when Berry's friend returned and patted him on the shoulder as he passed.
"Wonder what that tastes like" he said as the barrels were loaded up.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 48 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 21:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 257):

Sssshould I attend her? Perhapsssss to prevent an unwanted child?
Gareth
 player, 213 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 15 Jan 2018
at 22:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 261):

"A wombat is a small creature that eats, roots and leaves, according to sages. Lets not jump to the conclusion that any child conceived is unwanted, though. The farmer and the milkmaid might like the extra pair of hands. Rather, lets be on our way, as suggested."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 49 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 00:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
He shrugs  merely an offer...
Gorgath
 player, 399 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 01:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The ogre stayed far from the congregation and had dinned alone, seeking peace and quiet instead of the constant noise the group seemed intent on making.

After a morning stretch, Gorgath moved at the front of the caravan until the column arrived at the farmers home. Once more Gorgath faded to the edge and munched on a ration.
Sorsha
 player, 729 posts
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 01:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will sigh and walk away from the farm.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 50 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 02:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Likewise the adept moves the the caravan leaders group and prepares to move on.
Berry
 player, 47 posts
 Mage
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 05:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry sighs at Var's antics. "See, Var always gets consent for that! Still, sounds like its time to go then. I still don't know how you manage it. Maybe..." Berry mumbles to her self a bit. She is quick to follow the group though. "I suppose if there is a child it will be healthy and strong. Var... umm..."
Var
 NPC, 7 posts
 Goblin servant
Tue 16 Jan 2018
at 16:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 267):

"Perhaps more likely, an itch. Off we go."
Sorsha
 player, 730 posts
Wed 17 Jan 2018
at 01:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 268):

"So maybe a cure disease would cure it?" she says with a grin
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 51 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 17 Jan 2018
at 02:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Or maybe Sssterilize...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 135 posts
Thu 18 Jan 2018
at 19:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The man grinned at the conversation as it progressed. This was the type of thing that he'd seen soldiers do to bond. They hadn't yet been confronted with anything particularly dangerous yet - just some scheming and rutting - but it was good that people could relax and at least initially bond.

Haveron was concerned about those that kept their distance however. People interested in knowing or being friendly with nobody often had an urgency for their life to end, in his experience. The man eyed the ogre and wondered what might be guiding it. In the end, he shrugged to himself and put it down.

"I dont suppose you'd be able to figure out what's going on with that other group, eh? he asked casually to Amelia.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 28 posts
 Agent about town
Thu 25 Jan 2018
at 17:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 271):

"Not sure yet, but this farm is an easy landmark.  I wouldn't be surprised if something happened tomight. Let me go talk with Gorgath, he seems a little stressed around groups."

Amelia walks over to where the ogre is walking, looks up and smiles.
"Gorgath! How are you doing? There is a good chance thst there will be fighting tonight."
Gareth
 player, 214 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 25 Jan 2018
at 22:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 272):

"Then lets make sure I have a good campfire then! Are we staying here tonight, or moving on a little past the farm and grumpy farmer?"
Sorsha
 player, 731 posts
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 01:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She follows Amelia over to Gorgath and just looks at him.
Gorgath
 player, 400 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 02:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath looked at Amelia, "No problem. I fight" then nodded towards his weapon, "We fight. We always fight."

Looking past Amelia, the ogre noticed Sorsha coming his way "Hello little one. Pretty lady tells me we fight tonight."
Berry
 player, 49 posts
 Mage
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 03:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Sounds like we should stick together at night then?"
Sorsha
 player, 732 posts
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 03:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She looks at Berry. "He is saying he can fight, I don't think he means an enemy is coming tonight"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 52 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 03:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Seeing the cluster around Gorgath, the Adept heads over to see what is going on.
Gareth
 player, 215 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 04:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 278):

Gareth starts to prepare enough wood for a bonfire!
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 29 posts
 Agent about town
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 17:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 277):

Amelia leans in,"I mean, if there is something planned, the landmark of the farm makes it likely that either our `friends` are going to meet with someone to plan an attack, or that one is likely to happen if they already did."
Gareth
 player, 216 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 26 Jan 2018
at 19:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 280):

"Did anyone new arrive here, other than the farmer? Or do we see any other groups or individuals hanging around?"

He looks around the entire caravan for a few minutes.

[Private to GM: Rolled 6, 8 under perception!]
Narrator
 GM, 4814 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 14:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 281):

The caravan is still in motion. Apparently they buy yoghurt at the farm but do not camp on the farmer's land.
No one new has shown up, but Gareth notes a few individuals looking off into the distance...
Berry
 player, 50 posts
 Mage
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 15:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 282):

Berry will continue to follow along, but not do spend too much effort on being extra productive. Its what she does. She does gaze into the distance like some other people are. Maybe there is something interesting in the scenery?
Var
 NPC, 8 posts
 Goblin servant
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 15:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 283):

Var, having been roped into work, has been carrying water to the pack animals and has a sour expression on his face.
Gareth
 player, 217 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 19:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 284):

Gareth will take note of who is doing that, and will likewise keep an eye in the distance.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 53 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 28 Jan 2018
at 19:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept sees many now scanning the distance horizon, he looks about, estimating the current location as an ambush site.





[Private to GM:  12:51, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 12 using 3d6.  Survival (Desert).     By 3
12:51, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 using 3d6.  Area Knowledge (The Deserts).  By 2
]
Sorsha
 player, 733 posts
Mon 29 Jan 2018
at 00:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will go ahead and scout. She will sneak forward off the side of the road to see if she can find an ambush.
Shroud
 player, 27 posts
Mon 29 Jan 2018
at 01:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Shroud continues his duties, making sure he keeps track of where his teammates are.
Narrator
 GM, 4821 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Jan 2018
at 22:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 286):

Sadly these are not the deserts of the far south or west, but somewhat hilly farmland. There are a few trees about, and noww that you are away from the farm, quite a bit of underbrush, but all og it is reasonably cleared back for three or four yards to either side of the road, which is an iter, with hex blocks of stone, greatly worn, and with moss and some grasses growing between the pavers.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 54 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 00:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept becomes more alert, to anyone close he says Thissss isss a good place for ambusshh

He makes sure his sword is loose in it's scabbard.
Gareth
 player, 218 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 00:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 289):

Gareth will continue to be vigilant, moving from middle to front, before dropping to the rear, watching friends and potential foes as well as surroundings.
Berry
 player, 51 posts
 Mage
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 01:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 290):

"I thought we were guarding the caravan, not ambushing it." Berry says in response to the Adept. She's new at this.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 55 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 01:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
His mouth makes weird looking shape ... We are guarding, not ambusshhing it.
Sorsha
 player, 734 posts
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 02:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
PM [Private to GM: Sorsha casts Body of Air and fly forward ahead to what is there.  Today: Secret Roll: Sorsha rolled 12 using 3d6.  Body of air. Skill 15]
Narrator
 GM, 4827 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 15:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 294):

Sorsha disolves, and scans the course ahead. She sees little along the way, although she notes a dead tree about two miles north along the iter.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 56 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 17:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"iter"?
Narrator
 GM, 4832 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 30 Jan 2018
at 19:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 296):

An iter is a road built by the old empire to accommodate the movement of its legions, paved with hexogonal stones. They are run down, but for a millenia and a half they are holding up fairly well despite the empire being long gone.
Sorsha
 player, 735 posts
Wed 31 Jan 2018
at 02:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha floats forward and scouts and if she doesn't see anything, will go back to the dead tree and look it over. If it looks safe, she will become solid in the tree and relax till the caravan catches up.
Narrator
 GM, 4837 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 1 Feb 2018
at 20:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 298):

The tree is fairly  solid, although there is a hollow  on the side away from the road.
Sorsha
 player, 736 posts
Fri 2 Feb 2018
at 02:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She will look in the hollow of the tree.
Narrator
 GM, 4846 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 00:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 300):

Worn smooth, the hollow has seen passage of many hands. There is nothing in it...yet.
Sorsha
 player, 737 posts
Tue 6 Feb 2018
at 01:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She will slip out of the tree and will find a place to hide so she can watch the hollow to see if anyone puts something into it.
Narrator
 GM, 4854 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 7 Feb 2018
at 15:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 302):

It will be some time before the main caravan arrives, but there are hiding laces about.
Berry
 player, 52 posts
 Mage
Wed 7 Feb 2018
at 16:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry complains about the walk "Ugh, how long does go on for. I need to master a flight spell or something. Or maybe teleportation. How hard could that be..."
Var
 NPC, 9 posts
 Goblin servant
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 00:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 304):

"Not as hard as carrying this load... ugh, I can't wait for the caravan to stop for the night. I barely had the chance to switch out a set of knucklebones for a weighted set."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 22:07, Fri 09 Feb 2018.

Gareth
 player, 220 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 05:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 305):

Gareth is just glad to be out of a bottle, and is observing the world around him with renewed interest.

And wondering what burns and does not. Those bushes for example...he mutters a few words and throws a fireball off to some nearby not-so-green bushes.

[Private to GM: Rolled 9 under to cast, 9 under to hit, 1 damage, Explosive fireball.]
Narrator
 GM, 4865 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 22:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 306):

One of the mules panics and starts bucking. The teamsters pursue and there is much ruckus, even as The caravan draws to a halt.


The fire burns gloriously for almost a minute, but the grasses near the bush do not catch, although there is a singed patch.

Observation rolls all...
+2 for Sorsha.
Gareth
 player, 221 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 9 Feb 2018
at 22:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 307):

Gareth is fascinated by the fire, and barely even notices the distraction and he enjoys the burning blaze, even walking into it to clean himself after dropping whatever he has that can burn in a neat pile!

When he does turn around and sees the commotion, all he can say is

"Oops..."

[Private to GM: Nearly forgot, rolled 17 on perception...posted accordingly!]

This message was last edited by the player at 22:28, Fri 09 Feb 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 739 posts
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 00:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She sighs as she almost falls asleep.

[Private to GM: Today: Sorsha rolled 15 using 3d6.  per. even with the +2 I missed it by 1.]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 57 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 02:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept openly looks around ...




[Private to GM: 19:44, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 12 using 3d6.  Perception (Skill 14).  He'd need a 9 or less to not be obvious about it. ]
Narrator
 GM, 4876 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 15:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 310):

The lizard man notices one of the workers on the far side of the crowd head over toward the tree, and toss something in. Sorsha was distracted by the fire, mule chase and commotion.
Berry
 player, 53 posts
 Mage
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 16:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry does her best to avoid being noticed during all this commotion. If she managed to see the lizard toss something into the tree she doesn't bring it up.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 58 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 18:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept looks around for Haveron, as he seemed to be in charge. No doubt my movements would be noted.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 138 posts
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 21:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron shook his head as the procession slowly meandered towards its destination, he had been fairly silent recently but had noted the slow crumbling of any discipline. He sighed inwardly as he saw the mage idly throw a fireball into the adjacent field.

He glanced at tha lizard and then at the place where a man had thrown something into an old dead tree and was piqued. Of late Haveron had been considering the whole situation and the division within the group, coupled with Amelia's observations that the upcoming land would be ripe for an Ambush, the man had perhaps quietened to see if he could notice andbe ready for anything.

Casting a gaze to Amelia, he grinned and nodded towards the tree, indicating that she should investigate, and to her doing that he stepped closer to her, following and attempting to appear non-chalent. Though he would be close enough to intercept anyone attempting to prevent her retrieving the object. At this stage, the potential subterfuge and skulking of members of the party had been giving him a headache and he thought it best to force whatever hand maybe, plus the package proved too much of a curiosity for him to let it go.

Haveron glanced at the Lizardman and also nodded, a slight different nod with determined eyes, hoping that his meaning would be apparent be ready . Just in case.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 59 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 21:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Moving over by Haveron, he says You ssssaw?
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 139 posts
Sat 10 Feb 2018
at 21:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron nodded, Amelia is quite wonderful and has much better eyes than me he said, then grinned  as he glanced towards her.

"we'll see what's going on anwyay, be prepared
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 60 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 00:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
I am he says as he moves on...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 140 posts
Sun 11 Feb 2018
at 14:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The man grinned as the  huge lizard gave a terse reply and then moved back to the main part of the caravan. Maybe he alone was deterring any bandits from attacking, huge as he was, a full foot above Haveron who again was a head above most other men. With curiosity, he wondered how well the sword slung across the reptilian back could be put to use.

If indeed the worst did happen and an ambush occurred, the likely first move would be arrows. He glanced around the camp noticing the precious few people carrying anything that could be considered good protection from missiles. I suppose people will make for cover as best they can, but there has been precious little of that too of late he thought to himself, resigning to the fact that even if they did get attacked, the shield on his back might prevent him from getting hit from behind.

Haveron gave a wry grin and unslung his shield.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 30 posts
 Agent about town
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 02:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 318):

"Do we leave it, destroy it, or pursue the person who left it?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 141 posts
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 12:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Lets see what it is first, and thne we can make the decision."



OOC:

I hope i didn't miss anything - i don't know what it is at the moment. If i've just missed it, please do let me know


Berry
 player, 54 posts
 Mage
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 16:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Have we considered the option of ignoring it?" Berry asks. "Maybe we're just being paranoid?"
Gareth
 player, 222 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 21:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 321):

Gareth, finally finished with his fire, walks over to hear the tail end of the conversation.

"Ignoring what? Did I miss something?"
Sorsha
 player, 741 posts
Fri 16 Feb 2018
at 23:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will continue to hide and look around.

(ooc- does she notice some people looking at the tree?)
Berry
 player, 55 posts
 Mage
Sat 17 Feb 2018
at 18:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Someone put something in a tree, and now everyone is being paranoid." Berry tells Gareth.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 142 posts
Sat 17 Feb 2018
at 18:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The man glanced at Berry We're just finding out what it is. Plenty of people acting suspcious around here - paranoia might not be such a terrible trait to have on this trip he said with a sober attitude.
Gareth
 player, 223 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 17 Feb 2018
at 20:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 325):

"Oh, which tree? I have already been noticed, so I may as well continue as the decoy...worked well so far apparently!"
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 31 posts
 Agent about town
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 16:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 326):

"The dead tree Sorsha was staking out. somebody tossed something in while everyone was looking at Gareth's dreadful attack on an innocent bush. Shall we try to retrieve it, and if so, do what with it?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 143 posts
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 17:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron nodded "Yes, Amelia, will you go get it? he asked as he hefted the huge shield onto his arm an twisted his head to crack his neck loose.

"LEts find out what it is and then we can decide what's best. he said shifting closer to his companion. Then, glancing around to those in the immediate vicinity "Those suspicious folk may well take exception to our interest in their tree. Lets make sure they don't cause too much trouble. he said and then moved closer to Amelia.

He smiled a warm grin at her that suggested his protection, but in his eyes the truth was that he would die a thousand final breaths before any malefactor could move within ten paces of her.
Gareth
 player, 224 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 19:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 328):

"Do you want another distraction? I am good at them..."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 144 posts
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 20:19
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron considered a moment and then spoke "Save it for if they try and come at us... if they do... well, i'm sure you can use your imagination he said with a grim expression.
Sorsha
 player, 743 posts
Mon 19 Feb 2018
at 23:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will continue to look around, seeing people are looking at the tree a lot but wants to make sure what everyone else is doing.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 32 posts
 Agent about town
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 18:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 331):

Amelia walks over to the tree, reaches into the hollow and withdraws something. She takes a meandering path back to camp and passes a small scroll to Haveron.
"Can anyone in our group read Valdassyan?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 145 posts
Tue 20 Feb 2018
at 23:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron looked at the scroll "I guess we'd need someone to translate this... Instructions, perhaps? he offered a quizzical glance to Amelia and those standing around him
Gareth
 player, 225 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 01:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 333):

"How about the caravan leader?" he asks with a cheeky grin.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 146 posts
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 10:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron grinned in response and then shook his head with fake solemnity "That man probably has enough on his place right now, lets see if we can get it translated and then let people know as and when needed.

No need to cause undue distress
he said while looking around to see if anyone was forthcoming with the language.

"Are there any in the group that can understand the language? Could be worth talking directly to them
Mischa
 NPC, 80 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Wed 21 Feb 2018
at 20:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 335):

Sorsha's cousin shrugs. "Sorry. Just Elven and Shevnian."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 17:16, Fri 23 Feb 2018.

Berry
 player, 56 posts
 Mage
Thu 22 Feb 2018
at 02:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Don't look at me. I never learned any other languages. Way too much work honestly." Berry says.
Sorsha
 player, 744 posts
Fri 23 Feb 2018
at 02:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
sorsha figures nothing is going to happen and slips out of the woods and over to the group. "So what did you all find?"
Gareth
 player, 226 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 23 Feb 2018
at 05:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 338):

"A scroll no one can read, except perhaps the Caravan master..."
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 33 posts
 Agent about town
Fri 23 Feb 2018
at 18:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 339):

"I would bet the Master at Arms might as well.."
Sorsha
 player, 745 posts
Sat 24 Feb 2018
at 01:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I unfortunately have no magic to translate it."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 147 posts
Mon 26 Feb 2018
at 22:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"WEll, let's go speak with the master at arms.. I'll see what he says and if he can translate it and then we can see what's going on" he said, then gesturing Amelia to come with him he headed off to the master at arms

[Private to GM: Hey

Haveron will quietly ask the Master at arms if he can translate the script.

If he asks what it is, Haveron will be frank about their supsicions. Amelia is there to catch him if his 'diplomacy' or whatever might be in action goes awry.
]
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 9 posts
 Caravan guard
Tue 27 Feb 2018
at 21:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 342):

You make your way to where ab Quadeer is setting up his tent.
"What nonsense have you to bring me, master fire starter and friends?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 148 posts
Tue 27 Feb 2018
at 22:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron's face changed in an instant. From earnest concern to something that perhaps suited more the face of an actor on a stage representing the world's greatest rendition of offence. It was true though, genuine in fact, that Haveron was shocked at the berating from the master at arms.

In an instant his face changed to anger and his back straightened, chin dropped and shoulders retracted as he began "Now you see here, master at arms, I bring to you a question in good faith and with good intentions. Me and my men, including the fire starter, are here to ensure your protection and so I will be so bold as to suggest that you listen carefully to our words and requests for they are to the benefit of us all. he took a breath and felt the red-flush in his face.


[Private to GM: ok, i'm not sure exactly what the roll is here and he's no tlooking to start a fight but his noble upbringing has caused this issue whereby someone talking to him with such contempt (especially when he's trying to help) is so affronting that his instant response is anger.

Either way, whatever he said is perhaps appealing to the man's good sense?

]
Gareth
 player, 227 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 28 Feb 2018
at 01:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 344):

Gareth smiled and gave Haveron a pat on the shoulder.

"I have been called much worse. One of the men left this scroll in a tree, and we wanted to show it to you to translate it before I accidentally burn it. It may be relevant to our security."
Berry
 player, 57 posts
 Mage
Thu 1 Mar 2018
at 00:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry, despite her thought that it was silly followed along, just to see what would happen. "They're probably being paranoid, but they'll whine and be distracted until someone translates it."
Sorsha
 player, 746 posts
Thu 1 Mar 2018
at 01:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She follows the men up to the master as she glances around. "Oh, you think the firestarter looks bad now, you should have seen him before" she jokes.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 61 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 1 Mar 2018
at 02:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept takes the great sword from his back and places it point down on the ground, he takes a cloth from a pouch on his belt and wipes it down... the cloth obviously has oil on it, as the blade shines after it is wiped down.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 10 posts
 Caravan guard
Thu 1 Mar 2018
at 22:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 348):

Eyeing the lizardman's devotions, Hasim turns back to Haveron.
"It is good practice to look after ones equipment, and avoid disarray, such as was created when master Firestarter frightened the mule. I am certain that any theives inadvertantly hired by Razak to tend the beasts made good use of the distraction. Now, sow me this thing found in a tree."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 149 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2018
at 11:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron nodded at the man, not responding to any o fhis comments, and then handed over the piece of paper.

"What does it say?" he said, leaning in with genuine curiosity.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 11 posts
 Caravan guard
Mon 5 Mar 2018
at 21:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 350):

The master of arms frowns. "This is a list of how many soldiers, we
Have, and counts the ogre and two sorcerers. These are our defenses!"

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 150 posts
Mon 5 Mar 2018
at 22:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Well then, master of the arms, it would appear that supsicions are correct and that the offending parties are plotting to ransack this caravan.

We should deal with them before there is an opportunity to coordinate their forces with, what I presume to be ambushers somewhere on the journey.

he cocked a grin at the notion.

"My dear, I fear you may need to stand back for a little while he said affectionately to Amelia. He then hoisted the shield and slammed it to the ground. "Behind this will be fine.
Berry
 player, 58 posts
 Mage
Mon 5 Mar 2018
at 22:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Okay who attacks a caravan instead of doing something easy like signing up for a job guarding one? I could maybe understand if they absolutely no better choice, but you guys were hiring everyone! Heck you hired Var! Also they screwed up the count. There are at least three magic users."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 62 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 5 Mar 2018
at 22:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Let it be a sssurprissse
Gareth
 player, 228 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 6 Mar 2018
at 00:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 354):

"Wait, do they know we took this? Can we write our own, with such things as one ogre mage, so the get close to him, and few archers, so they keep their distance? Distractions can be useful, sir..."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 63 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 6 Mar 2018
at 00:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept Nods ... but not too wild, or they bring bigger sssswordssss.
Sorsha
 player, 747 posts
Tue 6 Mar 2018
at 01:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"So I wonder which mage they missed? I have been scouting so maybe its me"
Gareth
 player, 229 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 6 Mar 2018
at 01:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 357):

"Does not matter, as long as they underestimate us. Perhaps even reduce our numbers, and indicate more porters, or write that some of us are slaves...but it will need to be our friend here who writes it, in the same language. Will you do that, sir?"
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 12 posts
 Caravan guard
Wed 7 Mar 2018
at 14:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 358):

"I will rewrite it to indicate fewer guards. That way they will send fewer to attack us."
He scrapes the document and adds notation. Looking about, he points to Shroud, lurking in the back of the group.
"Place this back where it was found, and be not seen doing so!"
Sorsha
 player, 749 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2018
at 00:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I can probably handle that as the caravan moves away. I will climb up like I am looking around and slip it in."
Shroud
 player, 29 posts
Thu 8 Mar 2018
at 21:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 360):

"Your striking looks and red hair make you a little obvious. "

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:13, Sat 10 Mar 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 750 posts
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 02:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha hands the tube to Shroud "Here, can you do better?"
Gareth
 player, 230 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 9 Mar 2018
at 05:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 362):

"I can create another distraction!"

There is a hint of excitement in his voice that suggests he would be happy to do so...
Shroud
 player, 30 posts
Sat 10 Mar 2018
at 02:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 363):

Shroud takes the scroll and promptly fades into the background.
Berry
 player, 59 posts
 Mage
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 13:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Wait, are we sure there was going to be an attack? What if the baddies were only going to attack if we weren't heavy enough on the guards?
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 13 posts
 Caravan guard
Wed 14 Mar 2018
at 20:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 365):

"If their intent is to rob us, they will attack. If they believe us heavily guarded, they will recruit other tribes and families of bandits. By reducing the accuracy of their intelligence, they will be underprepared when they do attack."
Sorsha
 player, 751 posts
Thu 15 Mar 2018
at 01:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha looks at Hasim ab Quadeer "So, you expect an attach at some point?"
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 14 posts
 Caravan guard
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 15:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 367):

Hasim rolls his eyes.
"There are always attacks.  Robbing caravans is a cottage industry in these mountains. "
Gareth
 player, 231 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 21:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Hasim ab Quadeer (msg # 368):

"So we can expect company then! I cant wait..."

There is a hint of sarcasm, or maybe not. Hard to tell if he is genuine.
Berry
 player, 60 posts
 Mage
Fri 16 Mar 2018
at 22:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry has her own take on the robbers. "Stupid robbers. Why don't they just take a job guarding the caravans? You guys feed us. And pay us. Seems like it would be a lot easier? All we do is walk and defend ourselves if attacked. We'd need to do that basically anywhere."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 22:45, Fri 16 Mar 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 752 posts
Sat 17 Mar 2018
at 01:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She looks at Berry "Your right and we get paid for it and expect it"
Gareth
 player, 232 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 17 Mar 2018
at 06:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 371):

"Stupid indeed. But when we kill them, we get to loot them, so their stupidity is our gain. Lets continue, and make sure we don't dies in the attack, or we get looted instead."
Sorsha
 player, 753 posts
Sun 18 Mar 2018
at 01:48
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"We elves are hard to kill so lets see what happens." she says as she walks along.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 64 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 18 Mar 2018
at 02:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Lizard man snorts...
Gareth
 player, 233 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 18 Mar 2018
at 03:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 374):

"Time will tell..."

He wanders along, taking note of the man who put the scroll in the tree to start with, and seeing who his close friends are...
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 4 posts
Mon 19 Mar 2018
at 23:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 375):

Unfortunately no one got a clear look at the person who had dropped it;
Several of the workers are in similar attire.

The camp seems to be settling down, and shroud glides in to subtly gesture in affirmation to Haveron and the others.

The braided ranger returns to the camp and heads over to speak to Hasim.
Sorsha
 player, 754 posts
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 01:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will find a spot for she and her cousin to settle down. She will take out her wineskin and drink some.
Narrator
 GM, 4998 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 14:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 377):

Night begins to fall. Positions, actions?
Gareth
 player, 234 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 19:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 378):

Gareth offers to take first watch. He will stay near the campfire and build it up, ensuring he is rested enough to have full FP.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 65 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 21 Mar 2018
at 20:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
He finds a spot close to the command group and makes himself as comfortable as he can.
Narrator
 GM, 5002 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 03:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 380):

Needed: per rolls for night guards in both watches.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 66 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 03:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept is most suspicious and keeps an eye and ear out  for any strange noise or movement.





[Private to GM:  20:12, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 5 using 3d6.  Perception. Skill 14]
Gareth
 player, 235 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 06:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 382):

Gareth is similarly alert. He want to survive to pillage bandits!

[Private to GM: Rolled3 under per.]
Berry
 player, 62 posts
 Mage
Sat 24 Mar 2018
at 22:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
I don't think anyone roped Berry into being a night watch.
Sorsha
 player, 755 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 01:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will take the 2nd watch, figuring an attack would come them. She stays hidden in the shadows as she watch's.

[Private to GM: Today: Sorsha rolled 9 using 3d6.  per. ver 12]
Narrator
 GM, 5009 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 20:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 385):

Sstheniss spots a trio climbing down from the foothils, dozens of yards away in the moonlight approaching the hollow tree, which is well past the camp outskirts.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 67 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 20:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 386):

Is there anyone from the crew hired on close? Or the caravan master? I'll let him know...
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 15 posts
 Caravan guard
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 23:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 387):

Hasim, who has taken a watch this night also, claps a hand on Yisslitheniss'shoulder.
"Let the,m get the message. It means we will fight fewer."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 68 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 02:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept nods ... Good
Narrator
 GM, 5013 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 21:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 389):

The night passes otherwise uneventfully, and today begins the ascent into the mountain pass. The caravan seems to be on edge, expecting something...
Gareth
 player, 236 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 22:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 390):

Gareth will go along taking note of anything flammable as he travels...
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 69 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 23:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept passes along his observations to Haveron and his group.
Sorsha
 player, 756 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 02:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will continue to scout ahead...
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 5 posts
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 14:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 393):

The scout nods to Sorsha, and gestures for silence.  Then he indicates a spot om the cliff face.
Gareth
 player, 237 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Aldubu Alsaghir (msg # 394):

Gareth tries to take note of loose rocks, bushes, basically anything that burns.
Sorsha
 player, 757 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 02:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will go and kneels where Aldubu indicates on the cliff.
Berry
 player, 63 posts
 Mage
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 15:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry continues to walk with the caravan. She tries to keep an eye out for bandits.
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 6 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 18:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 396):

The ranger was pointing up on the clif face, something is there, by the edge... there looks to be someone lying atop the cliff, just peeking over the edge.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:08, Mon 02 Apr 2018.

Gareth
 player, 238 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 22:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Aldubu Alsaghir (msg # 398):

Gareth creates a fireball and assesses the range.

[Private to GM: Explosive fireball, 5 under skill, 1 d. Is in range?]
Sorsha
 player, 758 posts
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 00:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She will cast Sense life at the cliff area he is pointing too.

[Private to GM: Today: Sorsha rolled 8 using 3d6.  Sense Life vs 15]
Gorgath
 player, 402 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 01:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath had walked near the front of the caravan, his head often staring upwards towards the sky. All his years below ground had faded his memories of the open sky.

Along with his lack of any ability to notice anything, this had deprived him of noticing anything.
Narrator
 GM, 5036 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 18:10
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 400):

Sorsha can detect life where the ranger subtly indicated.

Gareth is not in advance with her and would be unable to have seen the gesture, although he can see her bright red hair. He has a fireball in hand...
Sorsha
 player, 759 posts
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 00:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 402):

Can I sense how much life there is as in 1 or more people?
Gareth
 player, 239 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 07:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 402):

Did Gareth see where the ranger pointed? If so, what would be the penalties to target the area with a fireball?
Narrator
 GM, 5041 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 17:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 404):

Sorsha announced she was going ahead to scout;Gareth is not in range of her or the ranger. As he was trying to indicate a hidden observer, he made a subtle gesture with his hand against his chest, not pointing with an outstretched arm.

The relative distance is beyond maximum range of a fireball, well over a hundred yards ahead of the caravan, and more than twenty-four yards up the clif face on the side of the road. I should have articulated that better.
Gareth
 player, 240 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 20:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 405):

Oh, in that case Gareth would unlikely have seen the gesture and therefore his fireball wold have to wait, until he sees or of told of danger.

[Private to GM: Attempt at perception terrible...again. 1 over, despite Night vision 5.]
Berry
 player, 64 posts
 Mage
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 02:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Wait is the fireball cast and being held, or uncast?
Gareth
 player, 241 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 02:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 407):

Only cast if Gareth is aware of possible enemies. Otherwise, he will have to wait until he sees or learns of them.
Berry
 player, 65 posts
 Mage
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 16:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sounds like Berry totally misses the commotion to then!
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 7 posts
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 18:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 409):

The ranger leans close to Sorsha and whispers <Small>"Make yourself visible, but do not look that way. I will deal with him. I just need his eyes occupied"<Small> with that he slinks away under cover of his camouflage cloak. You can hear his bow creaking...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 151 posts
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 20:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron looked around at all the commotion and, obviously having not spotted the man on the cliff leaned in to the red haired elf woman and asked. "what is it? Did you cast magic then?" having had his interest piqued.

He had been told by the lizard of the change in feeling of the caravan, almost as if they were anticipating something. With the events that had taken place recently too, Haveron suspected ill also, it was just a case for them all ot be prepared and ready to ensure nothing caught them out too badly. Caravans to these place were all too vulnerable to the musings of malicious people and the mountainous area up ahead made for some of the better territory to perform such nefarious acts.

"Amelia, my dear, please do stay close" he suggested gently as they continued to press on.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:02, Thu 05 Apr 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 760 posts
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 01:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha nods and slips out and starts walking to draw the persons attention.
Narrator
 GM, 5055 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 15:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 412):

A Wilhelm scream breaks the silence, as a body falls off the cliff above the trail, and lands not far from Sorsha, with an arrow protruding from it.
Gareth
 player, 242 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 6 Apr 2018
at 21:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 413):

Pk, pretty sure Gareth notices that! Now he creates his fireball...as above.
Sorsha
 player, 761 posts
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 02:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will move over to the body and searches it. She hopes the ranger is still watching.
Narrator
 GM, 5060 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 20:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 415):

The extremely dead person was a middle aged man wearing worn layered clothing. There was a waterskin, now burst, and a packet of rations, now ruined, and a now bent cheap knife.
Gareth
 player, 243 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 21:49
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 416):

Gareth looks around for other likely suspects...

[Private to GM: Perception roll 3 under, night vision 5...]
Berry
 player, 66 posts
 Mage
Sat 7 Apr 2018
at 23:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Hearing the scream Berry will saunter over to the dead man. "Did you just murder a random person?" Berry asks no one in particular. She will however take the packet of rations, open it and begin nibbling on it.
Gorgath
 player, 405 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 05:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath stopped and spun around to find the source of the scream.

Unable to find the direct source, he did notice the small group forming and moved closer.
Gareth
 player, 244 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 9 Apr 2018
at 06:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 419):

Whilst he can, Gareth adds a little more to the fireball.

[Private to GM: Increased to 3d, used 4 fp from the jo.]
Sorsha
 player, 762 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 01:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha looks at Berry "No, he almost feel on me and tried to kill me and the ground killed him I guess. I was just standing here"
Narrator
 GM, 5072 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 20:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 421):

No one else is immediately visible on the cliff above, but there may be clues there. You are definitely entering babdit country.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 154 posts
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 21:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I guess everyone just needs to be a little more alert. At least if he was a scount he'sunlikely to have communicated our position.

WE should put out our own scouts to go ahead and see if they spot anything on the road upcoming. Sorscha, you're capable of that, right?"

Sorsha
 player, 763 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 00:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Yes, I am a good scout. We have several but I can be out ahead"
Berry
 player, 67 posts
 Mage
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 02:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 421):

"Makes sense, he must have been one of the dreaded Lemming Bandits. I hear they attack by jumping off the cliffs onto people. Very dangerous. They've been know to stab themselves with arrows to frame people. Glad you avoided him. Lucky the fall killed him then." Berry does her best to come off as completely serious. She continues nibbling on the rations.
Gareth
 player, 246 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 03:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 425):

Gareth continues looking for a suitable fireball target.

"Lets put the body onto a wagon. There may be a bounty on it..."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 156 posts
Wed 11 Apr 2018
at 12:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron frowned, a morbid affair this bounty thing was "Just dont put it near anything that will spoil" he said.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 16 posts
 Caravan guard
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 23:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 427):

The caravan master of arms examines it. "And so it begins. Cast this dog by the side of the road. I recognize this arrow... Haveron, are any of your group archers as well? I expect more distance fighting... soon."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 159 posts
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 22:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron nodded "Aye, a few of these seem a fairly dab hand at dealing with people at range. I'm not too shabby myself at putting a few arrows in people. We will have a few to return any fire that we come across. But we'll need to be covered if we come under attack so that we can re-arrow our strings without requiring constant focus on incoming missiles.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 17 posts
 Caravan guard
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 01:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 429):

"I had hoped to have hired more archers, but the woods elf I had heard of seems to have been occupied, it is often a random thing who one xan hire at the market. I hope your fire witches are good at distance work."
Sorsha
 player, 764 posts
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 01:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I have some ranged spells. So don't worry." she will head out to scout more.
Berry
 player, 68 posts
 Mage
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 02:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I have direct magic blasts. They're really easy to aim, and they're quicker than a spell." Berry says. She's only bragging a little. She almost recommends her mentor, before a small surge or jealousy changes her mind. "I could try and teach you the trick after."
Gareth
 player, 247 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 06:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Hasim ab Quadeer (msg # 430):

"Ahem, not all who deal with fire are witches! It is kind of my specialty. Though if we take that body with us, I can animate it as a decoy target if you are worried about archers..."

He is still holding his [Private to GM: currently 3d explosive] fireball...
Sorsha
 player, 765 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 01:48
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I have air and earth spells. So I have lighting spells. I would not mind learning some fire spells."
Gareth
 player, 248 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 02:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 434):

"Always glad to exchange knowledge... though at times like this, knowledge should be more shown than told..."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 160 posts
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 13:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron leaned into Amelia and whispered "Are wizards always so focused on spellcraft? I wonder if any of them ever just get drunk and attend court balls or celebrations he said with a grin.

Then, looking to the caravan official he spoke again WEll, the point is that we do have a ranged capability. So can offer some fire back should we come under fire. Plus, the caravans themselves would provide cover also. Anyone that is capable of scouting at all could potentially flank an opposing force. he said with good cheer.
Sorsha
 player, 766 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 00:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Now one spell I do have is good for parties, it is water to wine" she says with a smile. "OK, I will flank the enemy once we find them"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 161 posts
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 10:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron patted Sorscha on the back and grinned "See? There we have it. indicating their tactical maneuverability with perhaps an over abundance of levity.
Narrator
 GM, 5101 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 20:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
As you ascend into the mountains, you realize that you will soon reach an area where another mpuntain will be to the right dide of the road... an are where it may be possible that you will be flanked, and very possibly with missile fire from both sides, although the nearly vertical face of the leftward cliff will be closer and more likely to be a location where things are dropped down...
Gareth
 player, 251 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 21:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 439):

"Can a few of us move to the top of that there cliff? It would be a great place to find ambushers. The Caravan should wait back here until we reach there to be safe...you will see me once we reach there!"

Gareth suggests, still holding his fireball.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 162 posts
Sun 22 Apr 2018
at 14:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Agreed, a couple heading up to each side of this chasm could ensure that anyone at the top is distracted enough to not rain fire down on us.

I'll stay with the caravan, a shield is more useful down here. But if anyone needs a spare bow, they can use mine.
he said while glancing up at the mountain pass. This was definitely the place to execute an ambush. The man frowned at the whole concept of it... he much preferred an open battle where people were pitted against each other rather than sneaking and skulking in preparation for slaughter. It was certainly distasteful.

Amelia, stay close to me or the caravan. Use it as cover. I don't want you getting hit he said, leaving open no room for argument.
Berry
 player, 69 posts
 Mage
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 04:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Can I stay down here then? Seems easier than walking up a cliff."
Sorsha
 player, 767 posts
Wed 25 Apr 2018
at 01:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I will get up the side with the steeper side. I will head up there." she says with a grin.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 165 posts
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 08:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron nodded and then added "Try not to get yourself in too much trouble up there Sorscha. Be sure to run off if anything turns against your favour. he said, wanting to ensure the woman was safe too.
Gareth
 player, 252 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 27 Apr 2018
at 13:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 444):

"I am no guide, but I am told they need burning, so lead me to them!"
Mischa
 NPC, 81 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 03:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 445):

"Cousin, will you climb, or do as you did at the cathedral?"
Sorsha
 player, 768 posts
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 01:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I will do as I did at the cathedral. So I don't need company"
Mischa
 NPC, 82 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Wed 2 May 2018
at 18:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 447):

Mischa nods, and goes to stash his toolkit, after selecting several of his better throwing knives and a long knife for closework.
Gareth
 player, 253 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 2 May 2018
at 23:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mischa (msg # 448):

"So you fly and we climb. Lets go burn some bandits!"

Still holding his fireball, he follows anyone who leads the way on foot.
Sorsha
 player, 769 posts
Wed 2 May 2018
at 23:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha disappears into the brush and disappears.

[Private to GM: She will turn into mist and float up to the top and scout around looking for any enemies.Today: Sorsha rolled 13 using 3d6.  Spell body of air.]
Narrator
 GM, 5130 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 5 May 2018
at 16:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 450):

Sorsha nearly vanishes from sight, becoming vaporous.
[Private to Sorsha: The top of the cliff has several people approaching it in a crouch, so they cannot be seen from below. They wear no armor, and carry shortbows]
Gareth
 player, 255 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 6 May 2018
at 23:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 451):

Any scouty types to lead Gareth?
Sorsha
 player, 770 posts
Mon 7 May 2018
at 00:49
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will float over to the 2 and look over their shoulders to see where they might be looking to see if she can see where the rest are.
Narrator
 GM, 5139 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 7 May 2018
at 20:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 453):

Aldubu is nowhere to be seen, but he is very stealthy.
[Private to Sorsha: there are five in this group, and seem to be more about ten yards further back]
Gareth
 player, 256 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 7 May 2018
at 20:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 454):

Excuse a geriatric... who is Aldubu?
Sorsha
 player, 771 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 01:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
PM[Private to GM: If she has time, she will float down to Gareth and tell him where the ambush is and then go back up to the archers , getting behind them to cast a spell.]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 166 posts
Tue 8 May 2018
at 12:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Well, I guess that's that sorted he says to the caravan quartermaster. IT should at least even the playing field for when the attackers decide to commence the engagement.
Narrator
 GM, 5147 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 8 May 2018
at 22:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Abdubulu is the scout, somewhere ahead.

An airy presence floats beside Gareth.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:17, Tue 15 May 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 772 posts
Wed 9 May 2018
at 02:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
PM[Private to Gareth: Sorsha whispers "There are archers on the hill and there is an ambush,. She will take care of the archers." then she floats back up to behind the archers.]
Gareth
 player, 257 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 9 May 2018
at 02:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 459):

Gareth talks to himself as he heads up the hill.

[Private to Sorsha: Is the Ambush some place else? If so, where are they?]"
Sorsha
 player, 773 posts
Thu 10 May 2018
at 01:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Mist floats around. [Private to Gareth: She will tell him where the ambush is in relation to the caravan. ]
Gareth
 player, 258 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 10 May 2018
at 01:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 461):

[Ooc: Can Gareth see a direct path to there? How far is it from fireball range? Cover?]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:31, Thu 10 May 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5158 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 May 2018
at 20:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 462):

The road you are on is at the base of a cliff on the left, about twenty yards straight up. To the right is a hill at about 45 degrees. Sorsha in her vaporous form looked at what is otherwise atop the cliff. The incline on the right extends for about 40 yards and is rpugh, easily climbed and covered with boulders and scrub, effectively good cover .

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:10, Wed 16 May 2018.

Gareth
 player, 259 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 15 May 2018
at 23:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 463):

Gareth will look up at the distance from the ambushers if he were to go up the hill...is it in close fireball range? He tries to see a way up the cliff...
Sorsha
 player, 774 posts
Wed 16 May 2018
at 01:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will move up over the archers so she can look down over the cliff.
Narrator
 GM, 5164 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 16 May 2018
at 15:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 465):

The top of the cliff slopes west, which serves to conceal anyone approaching the edge from that direction.  From the parh below, the edge of the clif is 1/2 D range,although scaling the rise to the right to a sufficient height could bring one to full damage range.
The hill on the right has boulders and scrub suitable for cover... and may be in use.
Gareth
 player, 260 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 16 May 2018
at 23:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 466):

In that case Gareth will climb around the hill to the right, to approach the area that might be in use within full damage range, making use of cover...
Sorsha
 player, 775 posts
Thu 17 May 2018
at 00:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She looks to see if there is any movement as the caravan continues to approach. If the attackers pull their bow strings, she will attack. She starts building a spell

[Private to GM: Sorsha rolled 12 using 3d6.  Explo light spell.versus 15]
Berry
 player, 70 posts
 Mage
Thu 17 May 2018
at 12:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry does expend some effort looking for baddies. Mostly because she wants a socially acceptable target to blast though!
Narrator
 GM, 5172 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 May 2018
at 15:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 469):

Make a per roll; at the moment none are visible to anyone but Sorsha (and she only told Gareth.


Gareth: climbing at +2
Gareth
 player, 261 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 18 May 2018
at 23:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 470):

Gareth is not much of a climber...

[Private to GM: Rolled 1 over climbing+2, unless he could take extra time. Rolled 4 under perception. Rolled 7 under will to hold 3d exp. fireball...2nd Climbing roll, if allowed, rolled Climbing +2 exactly]

This message was last edited by the player at 23:39, Fri 18 May 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5176 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 20 May 2018
at 14:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 471):

Gareth slid down a few yards, sprayng gravel noisily,and keeps the fireball intact. He notices something  moving halfway up the slope, behind a large boulder.


How many dice in those spells?
Berry
 player, 71 posts
 Mage
Sun 20 May 2018
at 15:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry continues looking for something to blast.

OOC: 11:23, Today: Berry rolled 5 using 3d6.  Per roll. Berry has Per 13 so that's success by 8?
Narrator
 GM, 5177 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 20 May 2018
at 19:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 473):

Berry can spot three different figures crouched behind boulders high up the right hand slope. One is immediately above Gareth, and is reaching into its quiver, about to draw its bow.
Gareth
 player, 262 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 20 May 2018
at 20:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 474):

Gareth throws the fireball at the movement, but it is not a good throw...

[Private to GM: 3 under skill, but a natural 17. Seriously, the dice have been rigged by DnD players! How many critical failures? 3d fire damage...]
Sorsha
 player, 776 posts
Mon 21 May 2018
at 01:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
(ooc is the fireball coming towards the men I am hiding behind.)
Narrator
 GM, 5187 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 May 2018
at 19:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 475):

Gareth merely misses with the fireball, setting some brush ablaze on the hillside opposite the cliff. Again, no one but Sorsha can see what is up there, and Gareth was trying to get to higher ground to do so when he stumbled onto a lurking bandit.
Brigand
 player, 9 posts
Tue 22 May 2018
at 19:49
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 477)

As if the fireball was a signal, shouts echoe from both sides of the pass and at least half a dozen arrows fly toward the road from the side of the hill.



[Private to Sorsha: the four men stand, draw their bows, and look for targets. all have their backs to you.]
Gareth
 player, 263 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 22 May 2018
at 20:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 478):

Gareth will take cover behind something, cursing, before creating another fireball, looking around for a target.

[Private to GM: Rolled 11 under skill. Any targets clearly visible to him?]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:50, Wed 23 May 2018.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 73 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 23 May 2018
at 00:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept also takes cover behind a wagon.
Sorsha
 player, 777 posts
Wed 23 May 2018
at 00:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha casts explosive lighting ball at the center bandit.


20:54, Today: Sorsha rolled 8 using 3d6.  Spell.
20:55, Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  Throw spell .
20:55, Today: Sorsha rolled 8 using 3d6.  Damage.

[Private to GM: She has a skill of 15 in the spell and Innate attack]
Gorgath
 player, 406 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 23 May 2018
at 00:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The eruption of flame catches Gorgath's attention and he turns to see arrows being launched.
With a muffled complaint, the ogre moves back to the wagons as well, but looks to both cliffsides in an attempt to count his enemies.
Narrator
 GM, 5194 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 May 2018
at 20:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 482):

There is a thunderclap from atop the cliff.
[Private to Sorsha: the explosive ball of lightning strikes one head on, and the other three are caught in the blast. all appear stunned]

Gareth sees someone behind cover (-4 to hit) above him.

Gorgath counts (holds up spread fingers of one hand) this many arrows flying from the hillside toward the trail.

Berry cannot see where Var has gotten to.

An arrow strikes the opposite side of the wagon the Adept dove behind.

One of the Drovers are hit.

The other arrows seem to miss.
Gareth
 player, 264 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 24 May 2018
at 20:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gareth notes the movement. A target! He flings the fireball at the one behind the rocks, guiding it with his mind. It seems to be a good shot...

[Private to GM: Rolled 10 under skill to hit, 6 under with cover. 11 burn damage]
Narrator
 GM, 5200 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 May 2018
at 21:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 484):

one of the bandits burst into flames and runs screaming, and then begins to roll down the hillside.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1192 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Isuel!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 24 May 2018
at 23:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdF0bVH6e8
howie scream xD
Sorsha
 player, 778 posts
Fri 25 May 2018
at 01:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She tries to shoot the man hit with the lighting ball with a stone missile.


21:21, Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  spell.
21:21, Today: Sorsha rolled 4 using 3d6.  to hit.
21:22, Today: Sorsha rolled 1 using 1d6.  dam.
][Private to GM: She has skill of 15 to cast and hit. She did a critical hit. but only 1 point]
Berry
 player, 72 posts
 Mage
Fri 25 May 2018
at 21:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Combat has begun! Socially acceptable time to shoot people. Berry picks one of the bandits she can see at random, points her hand towards one of the bandits she can see and lazily taking a second to aim and then flicks her wrist releasing a bolt of magic.  The mana flow through well worn and practiced grooves before shooting out towards the victim.

One Second to Aim Mystic Bolt, (its called Magic Bolt in DF11 pg.37)
One second to attack with Mystic Bolt
She should succeed if its at a range of less than 100yrds.  Innate Attack(10)+Aim(3)-Range penalty(10) Hurrah for no attack roll required! They can still dodge.
Damage=17:17, Today: Berry rolled 1 using 1d6-2.  Innate Attack Damage.

Narrator
 GM, 5205 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 26 May 2018
at 20:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 488):

Sorsha slams the man squarely in the back of the head  with her stone missile, knocking him unconscious.

Berry's magic bolt strikes one of the archers on the hiltop squarely in the torso... incidentally frightemning him.
Gareth
 player, 265 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 26 May 2018
at 22:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 489):

Gareth creates yet another fireball, looking for his next target with a cackle of delight,muttering something to himself.

[Private to GM: He is saying, if anyone is close enough to hear.

"Heh, did you like that one did you? Making him burn I will, just like you said.Music to your ears? Oh, the screaming, of course...lets try that again. Next volunteer?"

Rolled 13 under, 2d fireball, created.
]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 74 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 26 May 2018
at 22:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept has his sword out and ready,should they choose to close.
Sorsha
 player, 779 posts
Mon 28 May 2018
at 01:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha fires another missile at another enemy.

21:39, Today: Sorsha rolled 10 using 3d6.  Stone missle spell.
21:39, Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  To hit.
21:39, Today: Sorsha rolled 1 using 1d6.  dam. The dam dice hate me.

Berry
 player, 73 posts
 Mage
Mon 28 May 2018
at 20:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry sees the hit strike home and smiles. This was a good trick. Berry fires again after taking a second to make sure she'll hit the target. She targets the same archer that got hit the first time.

1 second to aim
1 second to shoot
Archer could dodge, but if he fails
Damage: 16:39, Today: Berry rolled 1 using 1d6-2.  Mystic (Magic) Bolt Damage.

Narrator
 GM, 5209 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 May 2018
at 21:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 492):

Being stunned, the man falls over despite the weak force of the blow.

The man struck a second time by the magic bolt turns and flees.

Another archer draws a bead on Gareth, and is about to aim.

Below, the sounds of sorcery crackle above, but only a few archers are to be seen among the enemy.
Sorsha
 player, 780 posts
Wed 30 May 2018
at 01:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will shoot at the man aiming ....

21:41, Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  spell.
21:41, Today: Sorsha rolled 13 using 3d6.  to hit.
21:41, Today: Sorsha rolled 3 using 1d6.  dam.

Gareth
 player, 266 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 30 May 2018
at 06:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 495):

The an targeting him surely presents the most obvious target for Gareth, who flings the fireball at him with glee.

"Sssssmokin! You will be anyway!"

[Private to GM: Rolled 10 under skill to hit (Critical or does he have cover?) rolled 9 burn damage.

Rolled 2 under perception to look for other targets afterwards. Night Vision 5 if it matters...
]
Brigand
 player, 10 posts
Wed 30 May 2018
at 15:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 495):

Sorsha's stone missle falls short, as she is trying to fire at a target thirty yards away.

Gareth releases the fireball at the same time that the man fires his arrow from behind cover.
The man bursts into flames and howls with pain, Gareth takes 3 points impaling to the torso before DR.
Gareth
 player, 267 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 30 May 2018
at 20:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 497):

No defence roll? Well, he failed it anyway, or do you usually roll that? For future reference, do I wait until it is called for, or roll in in case anyway?

Gareth curses, but soon forgets as he watches the man burning and screaming in pain. He mutters away to himself, and another fireball appears.

[Private to GM: Rolled 5 under spell to cast fireball again. Damage absorbed by DR anyway, fortunately.]
Sorsha
 player, 781 posts
Thu 31 May 2018
at 00:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will float closer to the archer.

(is he the last one up here?)
Berry
 player, 74 posts
 Mage
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 03:48
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"That's right you run! That's what happens when you mess with a mage trained by... umm... my mother? Going with that." Berry says shaking her fist at the archer. She started out yelling, but the volume dropped off.
Brigand
 player, 11 posts
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 02:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 499):

The remaining archer is the last one Sorsha can see..

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:28, Wed 06 June 2018.

Gareth
 player, 268 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 02:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 501):

Is the last archer in range, or is there another Gareth can see in range of him?
Sorsha
 player, 782 posts
Mon 4 Jun 2018
at 01:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha appears behind the archer and turns solid, fast drawing her small sword as she swings at the archer and misses.

21:24, Today: Sorsha rolled 12 using 3d6.  fast draw.
21:26, Today: Sorsha rolled 17 using 3d6.  Small sword.
[Private to GM: Fast draw and hit with sword is 14]
Brigand
 player, 12 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 21:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 503):

The archer is surprised by Sorsha's sudden appearance, and nearly falls down the incline
Shroud
 player, 31 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 21:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 504):

The long unseen party thief, concealed on the hillside, shows himself, hamstringibg the archer, who promptly falls face down in the gravel.
Gareth
 player, 269 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 00:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Shroud (msg # 505):

There were a lot more arrows...anyone else visible?
Sorsha
 player, 783 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 01:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She frowns at Shroud "I was going to question him. so what now"
Shroud
 player, 32 posts
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 12:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 507):

"He is still alive, just not likely to get far on foot."

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:56, Thu 07 June 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 784 posts
Sat 9 Jun 2018
at 01:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Maybe we should question him before we take him back to the others. Some of them might be too nice" She says as she walks around him, kicking any weapons away.
Narrator
 GM, 5239 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 19:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 509):

You drag the hobbled prisoner down the hillside and to the master of arms. There is some cheering at your return.

Currently, the caravan is at the edge of the narrow passage, and about to advance, as time is money.
Gareth
 player, 270 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 23:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 510):

Gareth goes in search of more targets, heading up then along the ridge.

[Private to GM: Rolled 7 under perception...]
Narrator
 GM, 5245 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 00:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 511):

Gareth spots a figure high upon the ridge, at some (max range +5 yards) who has a few others
 creeping up beside him. the others have bows, all are lightly dressed, with cloaks and head
wraps.
Gareth
 player, 271 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 512):

Gareth will race up to behind a rock within range of the new group.  How closely bunched are they?
Narrator
 GM, 5249 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 14:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 513):

The group of archers and the other, who has a walking stick of some kind, can see you, and are starting to aim in your direction, as their leader is pounting at you and the others below. You are still out of range of eachothet, and the nearest cover for you is further back by three yards, not forward ( that is at 6 yards ahead, and within bowshot).
Gareth
 player, 272 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 14:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 514):

How close is the nearest cover in their direction? Reachable within a round of running?
Sorsha
 player, 785 posts
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 01:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
(ooc- does anyone else see the other enemies?)
Narrator
 GM, 5263 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 04:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 516):

These enemies are thirty yards away on the top if the hill Gareth is on. -5 to perception to see them from below.

Gareth can run toward cover that gives +4 DB, or back towards similar cover that has greater distance penalty for both of you.
Gareth
 player, 273 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 04:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 517):

Gareth will run forward to cover, cutting the range to his adversaries.

[Private to GM: What will the range penalty, if any, be for spells? Can he use this rock for full cover if he wants to, making attacks also impossible of course? Probably should ask actual range...]

This message was last edited by the player at 04:43, Sun 17 June 2018.

Brigand
 player, 13 posts
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 14:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 518):

Several arrows fly toward Gareth, some falling short, some sailing past, one striking the rock in front of him.


In the distance, a yellow mist begins to form at the top of the hill.

Distance is at -5 range, past the 1/2 d mark.
Gareth
 player, 274 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 20:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 519):

Gareth analyses the distance between the bandits from the cover of the rock...

[Private to GM: Considering the area needed to cover them all with rain of fire...what radius would be needed?]
Narrator
 GM, 5271 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 21:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 520):

about three yards... but you have -25 on the roll due to the distance between you and them.
Berry
 player, 75 posts
 Mage
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 21:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Narrator:
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 509):

You drag the hobbled prisoner down the hillside and to the master of arms. There is some cheering at your return.

Currently, the caravan is at the edge of the narrow passage, and about to advance, as time is money.

Berry will walk over to the prisoner and Master of Arms to ask "Can I kick him? He totally deserves it." She's counting on Gareth to handle whatever else is going on.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 75 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 00:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Kicking a Bound man? Perhapsss we ssshould free him first, then you kick him.
Sorsha
 player, 786 posts
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 00:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She frowns at Yisslitheniss "Why untie him, we need him to talk, no talk, more kicking. Think of it as an incentive. I believe in the incentive questioning. Anyway, kicking is nicer then what I am thinking" she says as she pulls a knife out.
Gareth
 player, 275 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 02:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 524):

Gareth hides behind the rock, crouching to give himself full cover if possible, and summons a large ball of flame.

[Private to GM: Rolls 7 under skill to cast, 4 d explosive fireball, still less than magery, for 6 fp drain.]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 76 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 19 Jun 2018
at 04:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 524):

Perhaps a better way...  he seems to start a weird sing song chant and makes some odd motions with his arms and hands as he touches the mans shoulder.
Now you assssk.



[Private to GM:  21:01, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 8 using 3d6.  Compel truth. By three ]
Sorsha
 player, 787 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 01:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She looks at the man "So, how many of you are there? Who is the leader and where is your camp"
Brigand
 player, 14 posts
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 17:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 527):

The man mutters something in Valdassian. He does not seem to understand Aralaise.
Gareth
 player, 276 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 22:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 528):

Waiting for the right moment, Gareth pops his head around the rock and aiming for the middle of the bandits, sends his fireball on its way, then is ready to duck back behind his rock as the expected arrows come his way.

[Private to GM: Rolled 2 under modified skill (7 under unmodified skill of 21, not 20) to hit. Half damage, 2d rolled 6 explosive damage. Rolled 2 under retreating dodge to avoid first attack, without cover. Should have cover after that.]
Gorgath
 player, 413 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 01:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath eyes the bandit as he is brought down the hill.

He never liked those that stole.

With the crowd beginning to gather around the prisoner, Gorgath looks up the hill and sees Gareth still throwing fireballs at someone or something.

Curiosity and his over-protective nature pushes him forward and he begins to move up the hill.

OOC: Failed to see bandits, but I believe (?) I can see Gareth
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 168 posts
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 19:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron of Stormwal had enough of dealing with prisoners and instead indicated that Amelia should stay with the group as he followed the great hulking ogre up the hill, though he had set off at a jog.

As he passed, he pressed his hand to the back of the Ogre's shoulder and said with friendly enthusiasm. "C'mon, lets go help Gareth up there" his grin was apparent and as they both moved foot after the other, pumping their legs to the head of the hill, Haveron thought about the predicament he always seems to find himself in. He'd look forward to a drink when this was over, and see if Amelia would join him.

"Rough business this, isn't it?" he said with joviality that countered events currently unfolding.



Back!


GM:

Haveron will basically run up the hill and  hand on back encourage the ogre to run too, lending a hand so to speak.


With him his sword is back slung and he's still carrying the tower shield.

Lets get this sorted!

This message was lightly edited by the player at 19:56, Tue 26 June 2018.

Berry
 player, 78 posts
 Mage
Tue 26 Jun 2018
at 19:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 528):

Berry grumbles a bit, but when she hears the strange language she asks "Anyone have a translation spell?"
Narrator
 GM, 5284 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 14:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 532):

A fireball explodes on the hilltop, setting a few archers ablaze. The man with the staff, barely visible to those below, is out of range of the explosion. A yellowish cloud begins to creep down the hillside toward the road.
Gareth
 player, 278 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 21:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 533):

Gareth creates another fireball as he looks for someone who created the gas, before ducking back behind the rock.

[Private to GM: Rolled 10 under skill to create fireball, 8 under perception to notice mage...]
Berry
 player, 79 posts
 Mage
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 04:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
OOC: Wait our archers got fireballed?
Gareth
 player, 280 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 04:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 535):

OOC: Not by me!
Narrator
 GM, 5295 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 13:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 536):

These wete bandit archers. The caster who released the creeping yellow cloud is out of fireball range.
Gareth
 player, 281 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 23:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 537):

But there are others within fireball range?

Also, is the cloud above or below Gareth?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:21, Sat 30 June 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5298 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 2 Jul 2018
at 23:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 538):

The archers are trying to beat out the flames; their bowstrings are burnt to ash and theur hair and clothing is burning.

The spellcaster is out of range.

The creeping yellow fog is slowly drifting toward Gareth and is moving between him and the burning archers.
Gareth
 player, 282 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 00:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 539):

What target options does Gareth have for his current fireball?
Gorgath
 player, 414 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 15:48
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath shrugged at Haveron as they continued up the hill towards Gareth,

"Good days. Bad days."

Seeing the yellow fog rolling towards Gareth, Gorgath snorted as he sniffed the air.

"Yellow fog bad. Breath it bad."

Looking over his shoulder at the stationary caravan he looked back to Haveron and motioned with his head down the hill,

"Fog kill them that don't move."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 170 posts
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 17:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Having just jogged up the side of the hill Haveron cursed at the rolling yellow mist. "You're right, my friend, I wouldn't like to be caught up in that. I'd guess it wouldn't do either of us any good. Not at all." he said with some slight reservation.

He then placed a free hand to his mouth and called out to Gareth "Can you explode the area of the fog to clear it? the explosiveness of the fireballs that Haveron had seen would probably expel much of the toxic air before it reached the group.

"Lets see how this goes before we run back down the hill, eh? he said with a grin.
Narrator
 GM, 5306 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 17:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 542):

Gareth could certainly target a hex or two of 5he cloud, the only targets in range are the four burning archers, who are feebly beating at the flames. The cloud is about ten yards accross, it might be possible to run tnrough it, although the terrain is untrustworthy.

Below, Sorsha has a Valdassyan  speaking priso er with a turned ankle, and she previously slew several bandits atop the lefthanded cliff. Another victim of Gareth's flames lies smouldering on the hillside several yards toward the caravan.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 77 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 19:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Yellow Cloud looksssss like bad
Gareth
 player, 283 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 23:49
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 543):

Is there any cover to the side of the cloud, is that will not be effected by it as it rolls down the hill?
Sorsha
 player, 789 posts
Wed 4 Jul 2018
at 01:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
PM [Private to GM: Is she within range to cast a windstorm at the fog?]
Berry
 player, 80 posts
 Mage
Wed 4 Jul 2018
at 15:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Anyone want a snack? I don't have any wind spells either, so I'm no good at dealing with that weird yellow cloud." Its unusual for Berry to volunteer for anything, but even she's beginning to feel bad that she doesn't have anything to contribute.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 78 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 4 Jul 2018
at 18:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Maybe we leave?
Narrator
 GM, 5315 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 20:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 548):

The fog creeps slowly downward and will be on the roadway in about ten seconds.

[Private to Sorsha: you need to come down off the cliff]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 79 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 20:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept ensures he will not be there when it arrives...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 171 posts
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 21:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron noted the direction of the cloud and for a moment showed a visage of panic. He shouted out, to the caravan. "Amelia, get away from it!  hoping that the headed warning would provide her enough time to jog or run out of its path. While he cared about his compatriots, no person in that group had stuck with him in the way she had and she would be the final nail in any coffin of his previous life if harm would come upon her.

Haveron then frowned at the person that had cast the spell. "You, and gareth come with me" he said to the Ogre brute standing near by. "Hold your breath" he added quickly, before raising his shield infront of him and pumping his legs to push him at full speed towards their enemy. He held his breath when getting close to the crowd. but hoped that the running and wide-faced shield would at least help disturb the oncoming cloud.
Gorgath
 player, 415 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 00:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath looked back towards the direction Haveron had yelled and followed with a yell of his own emphasized by a big wave of his arm,

"Move everyone!"

When Haveron suggested they move forward, the ogre's eyes rolled.

"Finally. Smart thing. You keep up."

With a mighty grunt, the ogre began churning his big legs up the hill, moving deceptively fast towards the group on the hill.

OOC: Move 5, then Sprint 6 up towards the hill. Will ignore any attacks that aren't targeting his face.
Sorsha
 player, 790 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 00:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha casts body of air and floats down in front of the fog.

[Private to GM: Today: Sorsha rolled 14 using 3d6.  Body of air. versus 15]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 172 posts
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 09:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron cocked a grin at the Ogre and then also pushed himself forward, easily keeping up with the bigger creature.

"Lets go then! Try to keep one of them alive, eh?
Berry
 player, 81 posts
 Mage
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 23:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry takes off jogging to try and make sure she is out of the way of the fog when it rolls over the road.
Gareth
 player, 284 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 02:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 555):

Gareth, already well up the hill, took advantage of the cloud to hold his breath and move through it to cover further up the hill, towards his attackers, taking care to avoid further attacks from magic or missiles as he does so.

[Private to GM: I still have no idea what further cover Gareth can see, but I assume he knows of some. Intention is to hold his breath and run through the cloud to cover that is closer to his enemies...if a dodge is required, it probably wont go well...but move and all out defence. Rolled 5 over his unmodified dodge, not sure what modifiers apply due to cover, cloud, etc.]
Narrator
 GM, 5319 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 00:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 556):

The yellowish cloud is foul, and smells of brimstone. All passing through it (Gareth, Gorgoth, and Haveron) make HT and DX checks as you go through; HT for holding your breath, DX for possible bad footing you can't see through the haze.

What you can see on the ridge above: four archers, rather singed and with useless bows, two are still on fire, and about twenty yards out, a robed man with a staff.

The cloud is obstructing your view of what is further northwest on the hill, and on the road.
Sorsha
 player, 791 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 01:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha float over the fog to see what she can see.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 80 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 02:19
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept lets the cloud pass, then comes around behind it to see if he can help anyone who may not have avoided it.
Gareth
 player, 285 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 02:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 557):

Miraculously, Gareth manages to hold his breath and continue up the hill until he comes to some cover. He will pause there and ensure he now has the range to target the robed figure with his fireball, noting his distance from the archers...

[Private to GM: HT made by 2, DX check rolled DX! Moving to cover...]

This message was last edited by the player at 02:40, Wed 11 July 2018.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 173 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 06:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Despite holding his breath Haveron could feel the foulness of the yellow air that surrounded him as he pushed through. Something deep within him told every part of his body that it'd be worse than death to take a lungful of the rotten air and so he didn't.

Upon passing the cloud he glanced at the threat before them and reasoned that perhaps now the wizard was the largest, with most of the bows taken out of action for the time being. Haveron pushed forward quickly and then told his allies, to keep up with him "Keep up, lets go!"



Both Pass

06:59, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 10 using 3d6.  DX.

06:59, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 12 using 3d6.  HT.

Brigand
 player, 15 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 14:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 561):

You close with the archers... only one seems ready for you, drawing a long knife.

Gareth is at 1/2d range for his fireball

[Private to Sorsha: you see about two dozen lightly armored, armed men and women running up the road ten yards behind the cloud.]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 174 posts
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 18:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron strode forward to the archer and then looked dismayed as the man pulled a knife. While walking towards the man he said aloud

"Come now, that's not going to cut it against my blade" he said, gesturing to the sword strapped across his entire back and dropping the tower shield that he held.

"Put the blade away and I'll not draw mine" he said, not erring in his step but offering the man a chance to fight without weapons.


"Fair's fair and all that, friend" he said without malice but unwavering in their imminent conflict. "I'd warn you though that no man has ever been able to turn my blade aside he warned with a friendly cadence to his voice.





If the man puts away his sword, Haveron will not draw his and go in hand-to-hand.

Gareth
 player, 286 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 01:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 562):

From behind cover, Gareth flings a fireball at the robed figure. It is a good shot...

[Private to GM: 10 under skill, so should hit even with range penalties! Rolled 1d damage for 2d fireball, so 1/2 damage is 6!]
Gorgath
 player, 416 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 04:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath kept his feet churning, seeming unaffected as he burst through the other side of the yellow fog. With his polearm raised he keeps moving closer to the enemy.

"Hmph. You lucky you not fighting me. I no man."

Gorgath chuckles as he nears the side of Haveron then gets intensely serious as he looks at the archer,

"Drop it or die."

OOC:
23:17, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 11 using 3d6.  DX roll: 14.

23:16, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 3 using 3d6.  HT roll: 13.

Berry
 player, 82 posts
 Mage
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 14:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
OOC: Can Berry see the robed man?
Sorsha
 player, 792 posts
Fri 13 Jul 2018
at 00:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha flies over the group. and cloud. [Private to GM: Today: Sorsha rolled 13 using 3d6.  Dispel cloud. she tries to dispel the cloud with dispel magic.]
Narrator
 GM, 5335 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 18:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 567):

Sorsha dispells the cloud, revealing a few dozen lightly armored bandits with a mix of spears and hand weapons running up the road toward the caravan.

The fireball heaved by Gareth can be seen from below, but Berry on the road only sees him cast it...Gorgath, Haveron, and Gareth can see it strike the distant robed man.


The knife wielder sees Haveron, and seems to be calculating his chances at stabbing through his brigandine,  until the towering shape of Gorgath and the Doomrazor appear. The loss of the cloud, him being recently burnt, and more flames shooting out of Gareth's hand help him decide to start backing away while lowering the knife.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 176 posts
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 22:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron glanced to the Ogre.

Knife man is mine, you focus on the others he said, casually falling into his old pattern of command. It came as nature to him as he continued forward to engage the man in unarmed combat.

He would make some sport of it and probably spare any real injury from the man if he fought well and showed some good heart.



Close on the man,

Telegraphic Attack(Brawling)
->
Beat
-> Wrestling Grapple

He will throw a haymaker to encourage the man to defend, and then once he does, will use his strength to beat the man's arm away, spinning him and giving Haveron the opportunity to wrap his arms around the midsection of the man


I'm not sure how much you need me to go over but he'll then attempt a damaging takedown (lifting, like a back suplex and slamming him to the ground, and landing upon him)

Let me know what you need me to roll, or if you want to roll yourself i've no issue.

Brigand
 player, 16 posts
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 21:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 569):

The knife wielder makes a reatreating dodge, just escaping Haveron's grab.

He is retreating uphill, however, which is going to negatively affect his footing in a moment...
Sorsha
 player, 793 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 01:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She builds an explosive lighting ball.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 177 posts
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 09:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Come on now! Running away is no way to set yourself apart he said before grimacing at the recall of the last battle he'd fought with family and lands. He and Amelia had been one of perhaps 10 survivors. It shamed him a little, but he quickly surpressed the feeling, refocusing on the task at hand.
Gareth
 player, 287 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 10:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 572):

Gareth mutters a few more words, and another fireball appears...

[Private to GM: Rolled 8 under skill to cast.]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 83 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 15:49
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept moves back toward the place they had been standing, looking for any who were affected.
Narrator
 GM, 5345 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 16:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 574):

The adept finds the camp in some disarray, as it had been in the process of settling in, , and tthe laborers in a state of retreat from the cloud. None had breathed in in, and are all at risk for being overrun by the advancing bandits.


The knife wielder turns and runs,  just barely avoiding tripping.

Gareth can see the spellcaster beating out the flames.

Gorgath can see the charging crowd of bandits below him, in addition to the nearby fleeing charred archers.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 84 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 20:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept draws his Greatsword and faces the coming mass ... Come ! Sssstand and Fight!
Gorgath
 player, 417 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 22:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath humph'd at the half-order from Haveron.


But he agreed internally as he turned and moved towards the charging bandits.
Sorsha
 player, 794 posts
Mon 23 Jul 2018
at 00:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha drops an exploding lighting ball in the middle of the charging mass.

[Private to GM: 20:29, Today: Sorsha rolled 10 using 3d6.  spell. verus 15
20:30, Today: Sorsha rolled 13 using 3d6.  throw. versus 15
20:30, Today: Sorsha rolled 12 using 3d6.  damage.
]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 178 posts
Mon 23 Jul 2018
at 04:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron shrugged in a sigh "Bloody cowards... he said with obvious derision in his voice.

Glancing about where his comrade had turned Haveron glanced over to look at what was going on and where the Ogre was going.

"Well, this changes things, I suppose he said wryly.



Haveron, will glance around and survey the current field - to see exactly what's getting on.

(Can i get an overview summary of what's going on)

If bandits are charging, Haveron will then take off after them


This message was last edited by the GM at 13:36, Tue 31 July 2018.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 85 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 23 Jul 2018
at 19:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept finds a spot where he will not be easily flanked and comes on guard.  He attempts to cast a spell ...



[Private to GM:  12:18, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 16 using 3d6.  Armor 2 (4 FP). Failed miserably by 5]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:20, Mon 23 July 2018.

Berry
 player, 83 posts
 Mage
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 01:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry will, "get to cover", in other do her best to put some number of people between her and the charging bandits.
Narrator
 GM, 5362 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 13:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 581):

Seven bandits fall to Sorsha's lightning bomb; three are not moving, four are twitching, abd an 8th on the periphery of the blast shrieks and charges, his hair stabdig on end.

Berry dodges behind a wagon.


Gorgath is two seconds away from striking.

Haveron is three seconds out.

The knife wielder siezes the opportunity to run, as do the other charred archers.

Gareth can see the bandit spellcaster beginning a spell if some kind.

About a dozen and a half of the bandits are on their feet, and haven't yet reacted to your response.

Soraha is feeling a little fatigued.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 179 posts
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 13:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron continued to run, frustrated that the knife-man had retreated. As he ran he drew the sword, and prepared to step in. Considering the Ogre, he figured that there may be an aggressive first encounter and so he opted to defend the hulking beast and himself


He will go in 'all out defending' both himself and Gorgath. He is behind ghe Ogre so it make ssense.
If that isn't allowed he will 'wait' until someone threatens to attack Gorgath and intercept the attack with a stop hit or something.

I guess the 'rule' for this is 'interposing a weapon' written up by Kromm.


Sorsha
 player, 795 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 00:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
(ooc- can she drop down near the mage?)
Narrator
 GM, 5371 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 584):

Relative to Sorsha, the MAge is far up the hillside accross from the cliff. Gareth is rapidly approaching him.
Gorgath
 player, 419 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 17:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath continues his movement towards the bulk of the bandits ahead of him.

Looking to his side, he notices Haveron, "You? Again?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 182 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 17:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron cocked an eyebrow as he jogged alongisde "Someone has to keep you breathing, eh?
Sorsha
 player, 796 posts
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 01:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will drop down behind Gorgath and follow him, trying to catch her wind.
Brigand
 player, 17 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 588):

Three of the charging brigands find themselves in range of the Doomrazor, two veer off to the side, leaving one dead center to Gorgath, although he could still take all three with a rapid strike.

Haveron is one second from engaging a spearman, and Sorsha is 4 seconds out.

Gareth is passing 1/2 damage range into full damage; the mage has finished his spell, and there is a rumbling from above!
Sorsha
 player, 797 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha pulls her sword and continues to follow as she looks at the rumbling.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 86 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 02:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
As he awaits the enemy, the Adept again tries his spell ...


[Private to GM: 19:44, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 14 using 3d6.  Armor 2 (4 FP). Not good enough again. Missed by  3]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 183 posts
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 14:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron, jumped to the side, quickstepped forward and into range, being sure to angle his blade for the incoming strike and then spun into a full swinging arc. Silver flashed across the sky as his sword aimed true.

The quick step and spin was aimed at throwing off the timing of the enemy, and as he turned into the swing he felt his years of perfection pass down his arms and right into the tip. A warrior had a sense of these things, the precise location of the tip, edge and weight and Haveron knew in that moment that the man had no chance.

He hoped Amelia saw, with a crooked grin.

1
//
4:58, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 8 using 3d6.  committed attack (location neck (-5) +2.

14:58, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 4 using 3d6.  sword (feint).

[Private to GM: Well, his feint was a 'pass by 16'... and then a hit to the neck of the spear man]
Ultimately, I didn't roll damage -- it'll be something vaguely catastrophic for the man.

Berry
 player, 84 posts
 Mage
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 14:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Now with a moment to catch her breath and behind some level of cover, Berry will begin firing on the bandits again. She takes a second to aim at the closest bandit and then fires her mystic bolt.


Mechanics:
Skill: Innate Attack - 10 (+3 Aim)
Dodge: The target is allowed to dodge
Damage: 3 10:13, Today: Berry rolled 3 using 1d6-2.  Mystic (Magic) Bolt Damage.

Narrator
 GM, 5382 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 01:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 593):

The bolt catches an unsuspecting bandit squarely in the chest, causing him to drop his weapon in shock.

Haveron critically feinted, causing the bandit to be utterly open to his next swing, which separates his surprised looking head from his shoulders, and sends a spray of blood into the air!
Gorgath
 player, 420 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 02:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Steeping closer to the bandits, Gorgath sends Doomrazor cutting through the air with practiced ease at the first bandit. With a quick spin of the ogre's wrist, the silver coated slayer is sent hurtling towards the chest of the other nearby bandit.

OOC:
Rapid Strike #1: Decpetive -4/-2 at Bandit #1: Hit, 26 cutting

Rapid Strike #2: Deceptive -4-2 at Bandit #2: Hit, 28 cutting


[Private to GM:
21:41, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 28 using 4d6+14.  damage roll #2.
21:41, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 26 using 4d6+14.  damage roll #1.
21:38, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 12 using 3d6.  RS#2of2: Skill 24-3-1-4:16.
21:37, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 12 using 3d6.  RS#1of2: Skill 24-3-1-4:16.
]
Brigand
 player, 18 posts
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 14:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The two bandits who first met Doomrazor do mot fare well. The first strike splits the chest open and cleaves through the collarbone, leaving one arm dangling as blood gushes from the massive wound, and out of his moth and nose.

The second bandit is cleft diagonally accross his abdomen on the upswing, spilling his intestines on his feet.
Both sway, and collapse about a second later.

The majority of the remaining bandits seem to hesitate in their movements.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:54, Thu 09 Aug 2018.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 184 posts
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 16:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Pressing the advantage, Haveron continued to stride forward, spreading out from the Ogre and towards another one of the bandits. He tried to illicit an attack by feinting a second spinning attack, but followed up with an up thrust of his pommel to the man's face.

[Private to GM: Okay

Okay, so will move into engage the next one. He'll feint and step in to close range and then do a 2 handed uppercut with his sword's pommel to the shin of the other enemy.

The goal is to spin/feint inside the man's guard and then smash him with the hilt of the weapon to send him sprawling but not necessarily kill him.

I can roll as needed, but im happy for you to do what you think is best in terms of rolling

Thanks!
]
Narrator
 GM, 5385 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 01:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 597):

Haveron comes in swinging...
[Private to Haveon Stormwal: roll a feint (using 2hd sword skill) followed by a brawling roll with +2 damage. If the feint works, basically he ducks and you can crack him on the head (-5 to hit head miss by 2 and hit shoulder) his defense takes a penalty equal to feint success]
Sorsha
 player, 798 posts
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 02:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha backs up Haveron, going up behind him, watching out for any hidden bandits.
Narrator
 GM, 5388 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 16:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 599):

You are on the road, there is nowhere to hide, something the bandits in fron of Gorgath regret.
Gorgath
 player, 421 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 16:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath stalked closer to the bulk of the bandits, his weapon held at it's fullest reach, still constantly in motion. Two quick swings snap out at the closest bandits.



Attack:
Deceptive -4/-2, Rapid Strike #1, Bandit #1: Hit, 32 cutting
Deceptive -4/-2, Rapid Strike #2, Bandit #2: Hit, 28 cutting


[Private to GM:
11:17, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 28 using 4d6+14.  Damage #2.
11:17, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 32 using 4d6+14.  Damage #1.
11:16, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 10 using 3d6.  RS#2: skill 24 -1 SM, -3 RS, -4 Dec: 16.
11:16, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 12 using 3d6.  Skill 24-1 SM, -3 RS, -4 Dec: 16.

Not sure how many bandits I can hit, but I'll go with two this round. If it's less, just use the first attack.

]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 87 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 19:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Adept stands, ready for any Bandit, but not advancing past the wagons.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 185 posts
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 22:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron glances back to Sorscha and grins at her, reaching around to pat her on the shoulder. "Don't go too far away from me, red he said gently, as he continued to stride in.
Brigand
 player, 19 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 00:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 603):

Gorgath bisects two brigands, cleaving torsos from lower bodies. One pair of les remains standing for a second before falling over...
Despite the stymieing of their magical support, and the sudden and appalling ly violent deaths of several of their number,
The bandits continue their approach, although they stay out of Gorgath's blood soaked kill zone.

It is almost as if they fear something else more...
Sorsha
 player, 799 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 01:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will follow along behind Gorgath and fire a stone missile at the closes enemy she can see.


[Private to GM: She has a skill of 15 in the spell and the attack. With a 15 in the skill, she can cast skill 15 spells at minus 1 FP
21:08, Today: Sorsha rolled 7 using 1d6+1.  Dam.
21:07, Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  Attack.
21:07, Today: Sorsha rolled 12 using 3d6.  Spell Stone missile. 
]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 186 posts
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 01:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha:
Sorsha will follow along behind Gorgath and fire a stone missile at the closes enemy she can see.





Rejected


Haha

Gareth
 player, 288 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 05:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gareth, finally closer to the mage, throw his fireball at him. It is a good shot, so he better be able to dodge or like fire!

[Private to GM: Rolled 12 under skill, not considering any penalties that might apply as I am not sure of which ones do. Rolled 10 fire damage.]
Brigand spellcaster
 NPC, 1 post
 Thribal wizard
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 04:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 607):

The brigand spellcaster  bursts into flame!

Sorsha's stone missile knocks another brigand off his feet.
 Several have made it past the far side og Gorgath and Haveron, and are about to close with Adept Yisslitheniss.
Gareth
 player, 289 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 04:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand spellcaster (msg # 608):

Gareth continues to close with the spellcaster, summoning another fireball as he does so in the hope of ending his magic by ending the caster.

[Private to GM: Rolled 11 under skill to cast, but if taking a 4 for move and casting, not a critical success. What is range to the caster now, and his condition? ie, is he still standing? Any other targets near him?]
Narrator
 GM, 5401 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 09:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 609):

Gareth is about 5 yards away. The man is trying to beat out flames, and his spell has failed. Below you, yards out of range, are about two dizen men with spears, although they are avoiding a bloody area around the ogre.
Gareth
 player, 290 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 10:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 610):

Gareth will focus his attention on the spellcaster, not wanting to give him and chance of a comeback. He flings another fireball at his head even as he steps closer, hoping to distract him.

[Private to GM: Rolled 10 under skill to hit, 9 damage. Target is head, not just skull, so perhaps face penalty?]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 187 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 12:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Still charging forward... He will also step into cause some carnage and keep everyone occupied.
Swinging wildly to divert everyone's attention between himself and the Ogre while others can more cleanly pick off the others.

[Private to GM: 13:06, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 12 using 3d6.  swing 3 (-6/-6/-6).  13:06,

Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 12 using 3d6.  swing 2 (-6/-6/-6).  13:06,

Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 11 using 3d6.  swing 1 (-6/-6/-6) .

// All hits
// he'll be aiming for random locations and different targets each time.
]
Gorgath
 player, 422 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 15:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath continues his wave of carnage and slices at two more bandits.

OOC:
Rapid Strike #1: Deceptive -4/-2: Hit, 34 cut
Rapid Strike #2: Deceptive -4/-2: Hit, 26 cut


[Private to GM:
10:13, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 26 using 4d6+14.  damage roll #2.
10:12, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 34 using 4d6+14.  damage roll #1.
10:12, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 14 using 3d6.  RS#2: skill 24 -1 SM, -3 RS, -4 Dec: 16.
10:12, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 11 using 3d6.  RS#1of2: Skill 24-3 RS-1 SM-4 Dec:16.
]
Brigand
 player, 20 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 18:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 613):

Gorgath and Haveron slaughter five more guards, launching limbs and heads about. The bulk of the remaining dozen brigands start to back up, although about five who got past Gorgath don't  see the attack, and coverge on The Adept and Berry.
[Private to Berry: good time to summon Tralfaz!]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 88 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 19:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Seeing the group converging, the Adept picks the lead Brigand and swigs downward with force.


[Private to GM: 12:13, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 12 using 3d6.  Great Sword - Downward swing ; made by 5
12:14, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 14 using 2d6+3.  Damage.
]
Sorsha
 player, 800 posts
Tue 21 Aug 2018
at 02:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will fire her missile at one of the enemy that made it past Haveron and the oger.

22:10, Today: Sorsha rolled 3 using 1d6+1.  dam.
22:10, Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  to hit.
22:10, Today: Sorsha rolled 8 using 3d6.  Stone missile spell.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 189 posts
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 18:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The carnage had begun and Haveron gained a wild look in his eye as he danced through the crowd like a wind of blades. He didn't much care to engage directly with any particular opponent but instead swung the weapon in wide arcs hoping to catch people in the terror zone he had created

[Private to GM: 3 more rapid strikes aiming for the 3 closest opponents, he will step with each swing to make sure he can reach the person. It's -6/-6/-6 per hit. Aiming for random locations though

19:43, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 7 using 3d6.

19:43, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 13 using 3d6.

19:42, Today: Haveron Stormwal rolled 13 using 3d6.

// x3 hits.

He's going to wreck these people :) and hopes that Amelia is impressed :)
]
Narrator
 GM, 5409 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 19:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 617):

The Adept splits a spearman's chest, and Haveron takes off an arm, abd cleaves two chests. The stone missile strikes another, knocking him down.
The spellcaster falls, his head ablaze.
Berry chants something under her breath.

The rest of the bandits halt their advance.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 190 posts
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 19:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron laughed out loud and then looked over to the halted advance. "Careful of who you challenge, bandits. he twistedhis blade with a flick to clear the fuller of blood and gore.

He momentarily let go with one hand and pushed his lengthening hair over the back ofhis head and out of his eyes and then re-readied himself.

"Surrender. Or I'll take you all he offered with a grin.
Gareth
 player, 291 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 21:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 619):

Gareth approaches the burning spellcaster, before glancing at the sky for signs his magic is dissipating.
Narrator
 GM, 5411 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 23:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 620):

Rocks begin to fall from the sky!
Everybody dodge!
Sorsha
 player, 801 posts
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 23:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will wave her hand and any missiles miss her.

[Private to GM: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  Deflect Missle versus 15.  Let me know how many might hit her, I think she has to roll for each one.]
Gorgath
 player, 423 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 01:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath looks up a moment too late and tries fruitlessly to avoid the falling chunks of rock.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 89 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 03:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Concentrating on hitting his next target, the adept does not immediately notice the falling stones.


[Private to GM:   20:27, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 13 using 3d6.  Swing. by 4
20:28, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 9 using 2d6+3.  Great sword damage.
]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 191 posts
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 08:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron squinted as he glanced at the rock and then stepped off to the side but not quickly enough to avoid the falling rocks.
Gareth
 player, 292 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 10:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 625):

Gareth, standing over the mage and looking skyward, does notice the falling rocks and dodges out of the way.

[Private to GM: Rolled 3 under dodge.]
Narrator
 GM, 5416 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 20:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 626):

Each of you who missed a dodge, and a few pack animals and bandits and one drover, take 3pts crushing before DR (Gorgath hears a pinging sound).
Two bandits fall to this, and one who Adept Yisslitheniss cleaves in half., His innards spilling over the road.

The drover who was hit is being overly dramatic about it, but his mule starts braying and kicking the cart.
Gareth
 player, 293 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 20:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 627):

Gareth grabs at any items the fallen mage might be holding, specifically any wands or such, or anything burnable, moving them away from the flaming mage. If he senses any items are responsible for the falling stones, he will try to ensure it ends. Now.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 90 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 21:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept is a bit startled by the loud clunk on his helmet and looks about for the source... seeing no one he returns to the next bandit  and prepares to attack again.
Narrator
 GM, 5420 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 23:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 629):

Gareth grabs at a baton that seems faintly magical, and the rain of stones was ended.


Occ:will roll to finish spell while dying was successful.
Sorsha
 player, 802 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 01:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha walks over to Gareth "What is that you got?"
Berry
 player, 85 posts
 Mage
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 02:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
A rock smashes into Berry's shoulder which causes her to swear profusely. "I'm gonna kill whoever did that! I'll offer you soul to-" After a few seconds Berry cuts off and sends a magic bolt at the nearest bandit. (Even if that bandit is already down.)

OOC: 22:49, Today: Berry rolled 11 using 3d6 ((4,2,5)). With dodge - 9 that's a fail.
Damage for Mystic Bolt: Berry rolled 2 using 1d6-2 ((4)).
The target can dodge as always, but that's 2 damage if it hits.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:56, Mon 27 Aug 2018.

Gareth
 player, 294 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 06:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 631):

"Not sure. A rocking rain rod? We can check it out once we have dealt with these clowns. Now to make sure this scum is dead, then convince him to help us..."

He begins using a magical ability...

[Private to GM: Steal Energy, then Steal Vitality when the former runs out! But not keen for other to observe what it is...Rolled 10 under skill...]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 195 posts
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 12:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The man saw the falling boulder at the last minute and then glanced around, shrugging the impact off as it pinged from the scaled armour he wore. He grimaced as he felt one of the edges of the rock grace his face but otherwise seemed mostly unperturbed by the falling stones.

At the aggrevated shouts coming from Berry, he glanced over to see if she was badly injured but then determined that she probably was more angry than hurt.

"So, none of you willing to give them chance to surrender he asked with a frown on his face. It seemed that maybe he was the only one there willing to give that mercy.

"Stop! At least give them a chance to lay down arms" he said.
Sorsha
 player, 803 posts
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 00:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She looks at Haveron "I an't killing people any more yet" she says as she takes a swig from her water skin. She looks around to see if there is any enemies still attacking.
Tralfaz
 NPC, 1 post
 Large red eyed black dog
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 23:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 635):

A massive black dog with eyes like embers appears beside Berry in a cloud of black smoke.
Berry
 player, 86 posts
 Mage
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 00:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"You can munch on the bandits attacking us!" Berry says to the dog, before pointing out several of the bandits. "Like that one or that one or that one. Try not to kill them all, I think we want to interrogate some though."
Tralfaz
 NPC, 2 posts
 Large red eyed black dog
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 23:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 637):

The dog growls, snorts smoke, and tears into one of the bandits, whose clothing begins to burn.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 91 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 3 Sep 2018
at 03:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept looks for another threatening Bandit ... he moves to protect Berry.
Gorgath
 player, 424 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Tue 4 Sep 2018
at 03:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Surrender? They attack us!"

Gorgath bellows to Haveron without looking towards the man.

"They had chance."

The words come out as a growl towards the remaining bandits as the ogre lifts his bloody blade and shakes bits of gore and blood from it.

[Private to GM: OOC: Intimidation check.
22:18, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 13 using 3d6.  Intimidate: 8 + 3 Monster, +1 SM, +4 Bloodthirsty?:12 or 16.
]
Brigand
 player, 21 posts
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 21:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 640):

A damp spot appears on the front of the bandit closest to Gorgath, and several are hesitant to advance. One of the few that got ahead dodges Berry's huge dog and ends up in range of the adept.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 92 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 22:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept promptly takes advantage of this mistake, swing for the torso...




[Private to GM:  15:28, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 using 3d6.  Swing.  Made by 6
15:31, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 using 2d6+3 cutting damage so 16 cutting  Damage.
]
Narrator
 GM, 5453 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 14:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 642):

The bandit is disembowelled! At this point, with more than a third of their number gone, the remaining brigands begin a guarded retreat, with a few in the rear just flat out fleeing.
Gareth
 player, 295 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 10:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 643):

Gareth seems busy with the mage.

[Private to GM: As before mentioned, he is draining all energy and life from the mage, in that order.]
Sorsha
 player, 804 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 00:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
She sits back, taking a drink of water and resting as she watches to make sure the bandits are all retreating.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 197 posts
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 10:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron wished not to continue the slaughter. The bandits were many but none even.could hold a weapon well. It was like a fox amongst chickens and all the desire and fight went out of him.

His brow wrinkled as they continued to fight.

Instead he wandered over to the red sorceress and held out his hand to see if he could take a pull from her canteen. they'll go now it seems. too dwindled and recently bloodied to attack again, i reckon
Sorsha
 player, 805 posts
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 02:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Yes, they are broken. It would have been nice to talk to one to make sure this was all of their number and there is not a larger group out there. We should probably collect what we can and move on." she says to Haveron as she holds out the waterskin to him.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 93 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 11 Sep 2018
at 02:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
As the attackers flee, the adept looks for wounded to help heal.
Berry
 player, 88 posts
 Mage
Thu 13 Sep 2018
at 03:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry fires off a final blast at the retreating bandits, but it isn't actually aimed at a bandit. Then she calls her pet back. "Tralfaz return." She's content to let the bandits retreat. Plus she doesn't want to stick out as the one person still shooting at them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:50, Wed 19 Sept 2018.

Tralfaz
 NPC, 3 posts
 Large red eyed black dog
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 12:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 649):

The large dog releases the limp body it was worrying, and returns to her side, smoke trickling from its nostrils.

A few wounded lie among the dozen and a half slaughtered bandits, and about four bearers are wounded, one badly, and a pack mule is dead.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 94 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 18:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept starts with those in the caravan, Most seriously wounded first, he concentrates and touches each as he casts. Then tired, he sits and rests before bandaging any who need it.


[Private to GM:  11:18, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 17 using 3d6.  Major healing 1st subject    Fail  badly
11:19, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 7 using 3d6.  major healing. 2nd Subject   Success
11:19, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 3d6.  Minor Healing. 3rd Subject  Success
11:19, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 17 using 3d6.  Minor Healing. 4th Subject   Fail
11:19, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 12 using 3d6.  Minor Healing. 1st Subject if still with us.  maybe Success - Skill is 11**
**I think touch adds one to my skill ...
11:25, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 3d6.  First Aid.
]
Gareth
 player, 296 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 21:10
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 651):

Gareth still seems busy with the mage.

[Private to GM: As before, Stealing energy, then stealing Vitality once energy is gone, to be back to full fatigue points...]
Sorsha
 player, 807 posts
Thu 20 Sep 2018
at 00:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"We should heal one of the least wounded to question" she says as she looks over the wounded.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 95 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 20 Sep 2018
at 02:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept attempts casting  and seems to succeed.



[Private to GM:  19:01, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 3d6.  Recover Energy.  Skill is 11 ]
Narrator
 GM, 5477 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 22:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 654):

The drover with the head injury dies horribly, bleeding out at your touch, and spraying blood in your eyes! Another passes out from internal bleeding, and is barely holding on. You are able to stabilize him.

For recovee energy to eork, you need a skill of 15. I missed this, so in this case, it works.

Gareth finds he is no longer stealing energy.... And the charred body is beginning to stir...

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:48, Sat 22 Sept 2018.

Gareth
 player, 297 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 23:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 655):

Gareth checks for pulse or breathing before stepping back...
Charred corpse
 NPC, 1 post
 Burnt beyond recognition
 And undead
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 16:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 656):

The burnt body sits up slowly.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 198 posts
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 16:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron cocked his head at the charred corpse sitting up and mouthed some words before asking "what in gods is that? he said, pulling his blade into a more ready position.
Sorsha
 player, 808 posts
Tue 25 Sep 2018
at 00:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"I don't know. I don't do anything with dead things " she says as it sits up. she starts a lighting bolt.
Berry
 player, 89 posts
 Mage
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 04:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Please tell me one of us did that." Berry says. She hopes its just one of the "good" guys getting themselves some extra fodder.
Charred corpse
 NPC, 2 posts
 Burnt beyond recognition
 And undead
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 20:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 660):

The charred remains of the spellcaster
Gareth was fighting sits up... at the top of the hill, about twenty yards above the scene of the fight

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Thu 27 Sept 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 809 posts
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 01:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"OK, what is going on here?" she starts building a lighting bolt, just in case.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 96 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 02:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Mage not Dead?
Gareth
 player, 298 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 05:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Charred corpse (msg # 661):

Gareth steps back.

"Lay down, you..."


A fireball appears in his hand...

[Private to GM: Fireball, cast, 11 under skill, 2d. Had he cast create zombie yet?]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 200 posts
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 07:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Well, I dont like this... he said and then stepped closer to the corpse while in guard.
Charred corpse
 NPC, 3 posts
 Burnt beyond recognition
 And undead
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 17:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 664):

The burn remains seem unimpressed by the fireball, and not particularly friendly.
[Private to Gareth: you drained vitality below 0 and have wierdness magnet. Congratulations,  you made an undead, and it doesn't like you]
Sorsha
 player, 810 posts
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 01:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha builds up the lighting bolt. "Haveron, what me to light it up before it might hurt you?
Gareth
 player, 299 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 03:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 667):

Gareth flings the fireball at the creature as he steps back...

"Damn you...I thought there was something not right about you!

[Private to GM:How many FP did he recover? Rolled 6 under skill to hit, 8 burning damage.]
Charred corpse
 NPC, 4 posts
 Burnt beyond recognition
 And undead
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 22:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 668):

The fire seems to have no effect on the already burned body...

[Private to Gareth:7fp]
Sorsha
 player, 811 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 01:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha fires her lighting bolt at the burned thing.

[Private to GM: Spell lvl and to hit is 15
21:44, Today: Sorsha rolled 10 using 3d6.  dam.
21:44, Today: Sorsha rolled 6 using 3d6.  Hit.
21:44, Today: Sorsha rolled 11 using 3d6.  spell.
]
Gareth
 player, 300 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 04:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 670):

"Bugger. This bastard just won't stay dead! What sort of magic is this? I want some...Fire does not seem to effect it."

He moves back quickly towards the group.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:21, Fri 05 Oct 2018.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 201 posts
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 20:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 667):

Haveron chuckled at the notion that it might hurt him "Of course, mi'lady" he said with an exagerrated gesture of genteel behaviour.

Then he steps forward to interpose himself between the animated dead creature and the rest of his party, but allowing enough space for projectiles to be cast.

Step no closer, you fiend he said, issuing the challenge more for himself than anyone in particular, as he readied his guard.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:42, Fri 05 Oct 2018.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 97 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 01:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept heads toward the Undead man.
Berry
 player, 90 posts
 Mage
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 18:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry will watch for now. She's more interested to see the details of the undead man and her companions than to deal with it properly.
Charred corpse
 NPC, 5 posts
 Burnt beyond recognition
 And undead
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 19:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 673):

As you close with it, it is struck by lightning, which staggers it. It is covered with char from Gareth's prior fireballs.
Gareth
 player, 301 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 20:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Charred corpse (msg # 675):

Gareth moves away from it further, not really sure how to handle something that does not burn...
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 98 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 21:43
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
When close enough, the adept takes a swing at the creature...




[Private to GM:  14:41, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 9 using 3d6.  Great Sword swing
14:41, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 5 using 2d6+3.  Damage. Yup, rolled snake eyes...
]
Narrator
 GM, 5512 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 00:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 677):

The tip of the sword cleaves into it, cutting through the sternum and scattering tatters of burnt flesh. Nevertheless, it advances, and Haveron is in range as well.

Amelia scants the scene for other bandits, sure that this is a distraction.

Mischa, meanwhile, is gathering weapons from the fallen, and making sure the wounded are disarmed. He is bringing the weapons to the master at arms.

Var, meanwhile, is wandering about,kicking the few wounded bandits in the nards, and Berry is doing all she can to rein in Tralfaz, who growls at the man he had bitten, and whose close are still smoldering
Sorsha
 player, 812 posts
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 00:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha will start another lighting spell, just in case.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 99 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 02:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept steps back and brings the sword back u in  counter swing, aiming for the near leg this time.





[Private to GM:    19:30, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 14 using 3d6.  Great sword swing at leg. Just makes it.
19:32, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 2d6+3.  Damage.
]
Charred corpse
 NPC, 6 posts
 Burnt beyond recognition
 And undead
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 00:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 680):

The adepts blade cleaves trough the leg, causing the burnt thing to fall over. It crawls forward, its claws reaching for the lizard priest.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 100 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 02:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept again steps back and aims for the creatures neck.


[Private to GM:   19:36, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 8 using 3d6.  Great sword swing at Neck. Skill 16 -5 means I made it by 3
19:36, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 2d6+3.  Sword Damage.
]
Berry
 player, 91 posts
 Mage
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 03:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
That's quite a dedicated zombie, but I think they got this. Maybe someone should put out those clothes... Berry observes. When she sees Var kicking the bandits, she giggles. She shouts to the creature "Var it might be more worthwhile to loot the bandits. Just a suggestion!"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 202 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 12:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron stood back and lowered his guard a little, allowing the lizard adept to do the work. HAveron simply observed the mechanics of how the creature moved and then asked the wizards of the group

"Presumably there was a spell cast on the body? Does that mean a wizard has to be close by?
Charred corpse
 NPC, 7 posts
 Burnt beyond recognition
 And undead
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 17:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 684):

Decapitated, the body falls at last and lies still.






Occ when a caster with weirdness magnet uses necromancy to kill another caster with weirdness  magnet, sometimes things happen!
Sorsha
 player, 813 posts
Thu 18 Oct 2018
at 01:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha looks at Haveron "He might have had a spell on him or just some weird magic happened. I have never seen it done but with magic, who knows what will happen"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 203 posts
Thu 18 Oct 2018
at 17:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron laughed out loud "That's why I stick to steel. You can always rely on steel to end things properly
Gareth
 player, 302 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 01:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 687):

"He was a mage...some of them have special magic they put on themselves for such occasions. It can also render steel ineffective, fighter, so don't get too cocky. Well, I guess we should loot these bandits and try to find their camp, to stop more of them coming?"
Sorsha
 player, 814 posts
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 01:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha grins at Haveron "That's why I carry a sword and use magic. I don't care what they have"

She looks at Gareth "If we are going to follow them back, we need to do it quick before the survivors grab the good stuff and run"

Gareth
 player, 303 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 01:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 689):

"Agreed. Shall we go?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 204 posts
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 08:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha:
Sorsha grins at Haveron "That's why I carry a sword and use magic. I don't care what they have"

She looks at Gareth "If we are going to follow them back, we need to do it quick before the survivors grab the good stuff and run"



"Truly so Gareth? They can become invulnerable to steel? I have not had as extensive experience with  deeper magics. All I can say, is I have not yet met my equal with steel. he said, genuinely surprised but then with an added hint of humour as he finished his words.


Turning to Sorscha he commented "Well, I suppose it wise to have more than one way to skin a cat, eh? I'd like to see you use that though he said and then nodded

"Aye, lets go
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 101 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 18:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept moves back to the Caravan Master...
Narrator
 GM, 5533 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 20:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 692):

You make your way back to the caravan, and after Shroud and Aldubu come back from scouting ahead, you proceed. Many of the laborers seem rattled.
Tralfaz departs in a black cloud of smoke, leaving a scent of brimstone.
Gareth
 player, 304 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 21:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 693):

"Shroud, did you find the bandit camp? It would be good to deal with them."

[OOC: Who were Tralfaz and Alldubu again? I do not remember seeing those names...]
Sorsha
 player, 815 posts
Sat 20 Oct 2018
at 02:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Yes Haveron there is. I have heard of a spell that makes metal ignore you and there is a more simple spell called turn blade" she says with a smile.
Shroud
 player, 33 posts
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 19:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 695):

The thief shakes his head.
" We went up the road a mile and did not find the encampment. I do not think they are on the road, but they might be above it."


Tralfaz is the big, black, red eyed dog that Berry sometimes has with her...Aldubu is the caravan's advance scout and archer.
Gareth
 player, 305 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 20:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Shroud (msg # 696):

"Well, let us just track those that fled then. Berries puppy should be able to help with that..."
Sorsha
 player, 816 posts
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 00:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Bandits do not stay near roads. They would be in an area that is hidden and where they could see people coming. So we need to track them quickly"
Berry
 player, 92 posts
 Mage
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 15:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 697):
I could have him track, probably, except do we really want to spend time hunting down bandits? If they have a defended camp we could easily get injured in an ambush or trap. Their forces are broken. I doubt they'll be returning. They can even tell other bandits off. I vote we just push forward and not split forces.

Gareth
 player, 306 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 19:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 699):

"They will have loot in their camp, most likely. Lots of it...and they might also have reinforcements."
Berry
 player, 93 posts
 Mage
Thu 25 Oct 2018
at 03:35
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
I suppose if their is loot. Then she whispers Tralfaz, Tralfaz, Tralfaz, the mystical creature reappears. Tralfaz, can you track the escaping bandits back to their camp, there's loot for me and people to chomp on for you!

OOC: 23:34, Today: Berry rolled 6 using 3d6.  For summoning an ally.
Tralfaz
 NPC, 4 posts
 Large red eyed black dog
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 00:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 701):

With a brief and muffled explosion of black smoke scented with brimstone, the shadow od a great dog appears, solidifying out of the billowing smoke. His eyes are embers, and tendrils of smoke rise from him as  he manifests.

Several of the caravan workers make the sign of the evil eye.
Sorsha
 player, 817 posts
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 02:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Well, that's a nice pet" she says as she stands back.
Berry
 player, 94 posts
 Mage
Sat 27 Oct 2018
at 01:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Yes! He's a good... erm, he's a good custom create animal spell. Quite impressive actually." Berry says. She laughs nervously. Right, so tracking then?

This message was last edited by the player at 01:53, Sat 27 Oct 2018.

Sorsha
 player, 818 posts
Sat 27 Oct 2018
at 01:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Sorsha smiles at Berry "I have some of that magic, maybe we can swap spells some time"
Aldubu Alsaghir
 Valdassyan Ranger, 7 posts
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 19:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Sorsha (msg # 705):

The scout looks at Tralfaz, and back at Berry.
"Just keep it on the other side of running water from me."

This message was last updated by the player at 19:17, Mon 29 Oct 2018.

Gareth
 player, 307 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 05:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Aldubu Alsaghir (msg # 706):

"All right, lets hunt some loot...after you Berry good puppy!"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 205 posts
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 15:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
ALright, lets get going. We earned our way so far, eh? Haveron said as he re-sheathed his weapon and grabbed his shield
Tralfaz
 NPC, 5 posts
 Large red eyed black dog
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 19:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 708):

The great hound starts sniffing at one of the dead bandits, and then at the ground. He lifts his head and howls, a deep, mournful, penetrating sound that raises the hair on the back of your necks, and makes the mules buck and roll their eyes, froth forming on their lips.

The hound looks over its shoulder at Berry, then lopes up the path, pausing now and again to sniff.
Gareth
 player, 308 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 21:49
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Tralfaz (msg # 709):

Gareth wastes no time in following.

"Good doggy...good doggy" he encourages, either oblivious or completely nonplussed about anything unusual about the animal.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 34 posts
 Agent about town
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 20:57
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 710):

"Not sure what our caravanserai is going to say about our canine friend."
Mischa
 NPC, 83 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 20:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 711):

"I have iron, silver, and orichalcum. If we need defend against Berry's faithful hound I am prepared."
Gareth
 player, 309 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 08:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mischa (msg # 712):

"Defend against him? Why do you stereotype her friend just because his eyes glow?"
Mischa
 NPC, 84 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 20:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 713):

"Sorsha and I have fought things before that smelt of brimstone. I trust them not."
Gareth
 player, 310 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 21:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mischa (msg # 714):

"I have fought more humans than things that smell of brimstone, and I trust them not either if I don't know them. But I work with some of them, so I see no trouble extending the same courtesy to things that smell of Brimstone."
Tralfaz
 NPC, 6 posts
 Large red eyed black dog
Sat 10 Nov 2018
at 14:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 715):

The great black dog continues sniffing out a trail. Is Berry accompanying?
Gareth
 player, 311 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 10 Nov 2018
at 20:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Tralfaz (msg # 716):

Gareth is!
Berry
 player, 97 posts
 Mage
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 02:10
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Tralfaz (msg # 716):

Of course, Berry is following!
Var
 NPC, 15 posts
 Goblin servant
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 02:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 718):

Var is huffing a little as he keeps pace with Berry.
"You know he is going to tear something up when he gets there. You ready for that?"
He chuckles."It is gonna get messy!"
Gareth
 player, 312 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 02:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 719):

"Life is messy. As long as there are bad guys to tear up, no problem."
Tralfaz
 NPC, 7 posts
 Large red eyed black dog
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 01:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 720):

The great black dog leads the three of you, a pair of wizards and a servant, further along the mountain pass. Somewhere behind you are the fighters in your group...
 There are signs of much foot traffic, and as you approach a spot where the right hand side rises up to match the clifflike state of the left hand side, several arrow land next to you!
Gareth
 player, 313 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 07:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Tralfaz (msg # 721):

Gareth will backtrack a little to find cover, and look for ways up the hill.
Narrator
 GM, 5615 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 23:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 722):

anyone back at the camp, make a tactics roll. Anyone with common sense, make an IQ roll.
Berry
 player, 98 posts
 Mage
Sat 17 Nov 2018
at 22:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry will also backtrack looking for cover.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 207 posts
Tue 20 Nov 2018
at 13:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The man lay back in camp and rested his eyes for a little. Considering all that had happened so far.





failed roll by 1

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 102 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 20 Nov 2018
at 19:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept shook his head at those who had raced off to plunder some village and forgotten the caravan they were to protect, but he wasn't the caravan master so he stayed quiet.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 35 posts
 Agent about town
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 16:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 725):

"If our designated scouts are Shroud and Alsaghir, what does that make our spellcasters and whatever that dog is? Targets?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 208 posts
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 17:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
He glanced at Amelia.  I suppose we're all targets here, right
Gorgath
 player, 425 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 17:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath used the end of his polearm and pushed at the rocks near his feet, lining them up on a row near a small pile of dirt.  If the universe was trying to send him a message, the ogre's thick skull deflected the message as Gorgath stomped on the small pile of dirt and let out a small "Raah!"

With victory now in hand,  Gorgath looked up at the hill and squinted, trying to see the otters.
Narrator
 GM, 5630 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 18:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 729):

The fire mage from the slug city has run away with the witch and her magic dog, and are going to go play with bandits, and left Gorgath alone! It is not fair! HE should get to play with squishy bandits too!
Gareth
 player, 314 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 19:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 730):

Gareth has not run away...it is a tactical retreat to look for a better way to attack! If there is no cover, he will try to climb up the sides of one of the hills!
Narrator
 GM, 5634 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 20:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 731):

There is no immediate cover,  but the cliffside seems to have a rough path up it.  There are some boulders by the edge of the cliff...
Per roll!
Gareth
 player, 315 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 23 Nov 2018
at 23:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 732):

Gareth makes for the path, but loos up at the boulders with some concern.

"That is where I would be if I was a defender..." he mutters.

[Private to GM: Rolled 1 under perception...]
Narrator
 GM, 5637 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 733):

You can see one of the boulders above starting to wobble!
Gareth
 player, 316 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 734):

"Ha, getting rid of their cover...better make sure it will not hit me..." he mutters as he moves laterally to enure it will not if it falls.
Narrator
 GM, 5643 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 735):

You will need to roll a dodge at +2... anyone not looking will not get a bonus.
Gareth
 player, 317 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 26 Nov 2018
at 00:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 736):

Gareth tries to dodge the falling rock...

[Private to GM: Since he is moving away from the rock, does he get retreating dodge bonus? Rolled 1 over Normal Dodge +2, or 2 under retreating dodge +2.]
Narrator
 GM, 5648 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 01:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 737):

Yes, you get a retreating dodge bonus as the boulder is pushed off the top of the cliff-

Berry and Tralfaz need to get out of its path!

Gareth realizes he is moving back into arrow range...
Gareth
 player, 318 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 01:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 738):

He makes sure he keeps moving towards the top of the ridge, trying to stay out of arrow range while looking for the archers and trying to circle around the archers.
Narrator
 GM, 5659 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 17:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 739):

You are going to have to climb, and the terrain is bad. These bandits seem skilled at it...
Gareth
 player, 319 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 20:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 740):

Unfortunately Gareth is not. Holding his fireball, he skids back down, failing to gain any altitude and hitting his precious fireball on a rock as he does so. Fortunately, he likes fire, and it does not hurt him. [Private to GM: Failed D roll by 1, role played that he fell and detonated fireball on rock for 4 damage, but DR5 vs fire, so no damage.]

He curses, and reconsiders his approach, looking around.

[Private to GM: Rolled 11 for perception, 3 separate rolls... under perception. Looking for, in order, The archers. Are they within fireball range? Alternatively, dead body or a skull he can cast a spell on.]
Berry
 player, 99 posts
 Mage
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 00:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Narrator:
In reply to Gareth (msg # 737):

Yes, you get a retreating dodge bonus as the boulder is pushed off the top of the cliff-

Berry and Tralfaz need to get out of its path!

Gareth realizes he is moving back into arrow range...

OOC: 20:23, Today: Berry rolled 9 using 3d6.  Berry attempts retreating dodge!

Berry Dodges!

OOC: 20:23, Today: Berry rolled 12 using 3d6.  OOC: Tralfaz attempts a retreating dodge!


Berry jumps back before the boulder crushes her and frantically looks to make sure Tralfaz is okay. She likes the little guy! Tralfaz! She shouts.

OOC: Mechanically she's taking a full defense action to boost her dodge.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:15, Sun 02 Dec 2018.

Tralfaz
 NPC, 8 posts
 Large red eyed black dog
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 18:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 742):

Tralfaz scoots out of the way just in time!(retreating dodge)
And lets out a bonechilling howl that echoes all the way back to the caravan, spooking the mules, and startling the others


(Everyone back at the caravan make a per roll at +3- something is up with the crew that ran ahead)
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 103 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 18:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept looks toward the sound   Ssssomething isss not right methinks




[Private to GM:  11:47, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  Perception. made by 6]
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 36 posts
 Agent about town
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 15:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 744):

"I think the spellcasters ran off without protection."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 104 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 16:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Nor much common sssenssse ...
Gareth
 player, 320 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 19:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 746):

Gareth keeps looking around, wondering why the fighters stayed behind...

[Private to GM: Bump: Rolled 11 for perception, 3 separate rolls... under perception. Looking for, in order, The archers. Are they within fireball range? Alternatively, dead body or a skull he can cast a spell on.]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:22, Mon 03 Dec 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5676 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 20:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 747):

You are standing looking up at a cliff face that leans outward. It is 15 yards up, and there are boulders atop the cliff like battlements. You can just see the edge of a figure  between two, drawing a bow. They are at 1/2d range, and at -5 range, with a further -4 for cover.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:19, Wed 05 Dec 2018.

Gareth
 player, 321 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 00:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 748):

Gareth creates another fireball, before flinging at the archer.

[Private to GM: Rolled 9 under skill to cast, but 5 under skill to hit, so missed.]
Gorgath
 player, 426 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 19:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Big rock, big rock, bigger rock, little rocks, more rocks

Gorgath gave up his admiration of the rocks and looks down once more at the "mountain" at his feet before wiping it away with the end of his weapon.

OOC: Failed Per check

[Private to GM: 12:58, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 13 using 3d6.  Per+3: 10.]
Mischa
 NPC, 85 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 19:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 750):

The half shadow elf raps on one of the ogre's vambraces to attract his attention.
"I think the fire tosser and the girl with the dog are getting into trouble up ahead."
Gorgath
 player, 427 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 19:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
After the small taps turn into full-on strikes does Gorgath acknowledge the shadow elf by looking up to where he is pointing.

A brief moment later, "Oh. OH!"

The ogre scrambles to gather his weapon and moves towards the wandering wizards.
Narrator
 GM, 5696 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Dec 2018
at 19:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 752):

As arrows fly toward the roadbed where Berry, Gareth and Tralfaz are, you can hear the ringing of large solerets on gravel.

Is anyone else joining Gorgath? Mischa will go if Sorsha does.
Gareth
 player, 322 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 8 Dec 2018
at 09:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 753):

Gareth tries to cast another spell again, but his attention seems to be on the arrows, and not being where they are going...

[Private to GM: Rolled 17. Skill 21, so technically under skill, but since it is not an 18, that is a regular failure, or success?]
Narrator
 GM, 5701 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 11 Dec 2018
at 02:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 754):

That is a regular, non weird failure.
Gareth
 player, 323 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 11 Dec 2018
at 03:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 755):

Gareth curses using a series of words that have not been spoken for a very long time. It is not his day today! But he will not give up...luck changes!

He recasts the spell, then throws it at a bandit again. This seems better...

[Private to GM: Explosive fireball, rolled 8 under skill to cast, 8 under skill to hit, 5 damage. Cannot remember the penalties...]
Brigand
 player, 25 posts
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 01:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 756):

A flaming bandit falls off the cliff with a Wilhelm scream, and splats into flame not far from the  boulder that fell.

As the arrows slow down, Giving you a rough impression of their reload rate, The sound of pounding solerets  becomes louder, and Gorgath appears on the road, just above the rise.

The appearance of the ogre causes some consternation atop the cliff, there seems to be a lot of shouting there,
Gareth
 player, 324 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 02:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 757):

Nothing encourages one to continue like success. Gareth raises and throws another explosive fireball at another bandit.

[Private to GM: Rolled 10 under skill to cast, 8 under to hit, minimum damage. Critical success in casting?]
Narrator
 GM, 5712 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 00:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 758):

Crit on 6 or lower.  Good casting, crap damage. You can see someone with a burning sleeve trying to beat it out against a boulder.
Berry
 player, 100 posts
 Mage
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 03:23
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry will be crouching down in an attempt to avoid too much attention and keeping an eye out for any bandits close by. If it looks like her allies might fail she'll need to do something more, but until then she'll hold tight.

OOC: Mechanically, this is just a full defense for dodge
Narrator
 GM, 5718 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 18:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 760):

The next volley of arrows clatter harmlessly off Gorgath's armor. There is much consternation atop the cliff.
Gareth
 player, 325 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 04:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 761):

Gareth tries again with an explosive fireball, but less than spectacularly. It is a rare failure, so he repeats the spell, with better success, and throws it at an archer...

[Private to GM: Rolled natural 17, skill 21, so regular failure. Next attack, rolled 12 under skill to cast, 14 under skill to hit, minimum damage again! I thought I heard of a rule that said that success by 10 or more was considered a critical, so I was just checking. You don't apply that one?]
Narrator
 GM, 5726 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 20:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 762):

6 is the highest critical I go by. First fireball fizzled, the secong blossomed and struck another archer, setting his clothes on fire.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:06, Sun 16 Dec 2018.

Gareth
 player, 326 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 22:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 763):

Gareth is relentless, having being thoroughly pissed off with the arrows, and follows up with another fireball at another un-distracted archer, or one already burning if he can't share the pain...

[Private to GM: Thanks for the clarification. Next explosive fireball, 8 under skill to cast, 13 under skill to hit, 3 burn damage.]
Narrator
 GM, 5732 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 23:19
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 764):

There is a small explosion above that knocks the archers out of sight... and knocks over three boulders!

Everybody dodge!
Gareth
 player, 327 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 06:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 765):

Gareth dodges back out of the way, narrowly missed by the boulders he dislodged! He looks around for more archers with working bows...

[Private to GM: Rolled 1 under retreating Dodge, and 4 under perception.]
Gorgath
 player, 428 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 15:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath arrives just in time for an explosion that sends rocks the ogre's way.

The unfolding scene prevents the ogre's mind from moving his body out of the way.

OOC: Dodge Failed.

[Private to GM: 09:46, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 12 using 3d6.  Dodge: 9.
]
Berry
 player, 101 posts
 Mage
Thu 20 Dec 2018
at 23:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry jumps back and out of the way of the falling rocks once more! Again she worries over the condition of her dog. She snarls at Gareth "Be careful!"

OOC:  19:13, Today: Berry rolled 8 using 3d6.  Berry attempts retreating dodge!
Berry successfully dodges

This message was last edited by the player at 23:17, Thu 20 Dec 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5747 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 16:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 768):

The boulder bounces harmlessly off Gorgoth's  deepguard armor.

The unburnt archers reappear and lamely launch a volley of arrows, hitting no one in particular.
Gareth
 player, 328 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 26 Dec 2018
at 00:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 769):

Gareth tries to create another fireball, but does not succeed in creating one.

[Private to GM: Cast explosive fireball, but rolled 17, 3 under skill, but failure, right?]
Narrator
 GM, 5749 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 26 Dec 2018
at 22:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 770):

The spell fizzles, but you can see a narrow (2 yard wide) pathway up the cliff.  It is barely Gorgoth sized...
Gorgath
 player, 429 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 20:50
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Never to be one who know the limits of his size, Gorgath charges forward towards his foes right up the cliff.
Gareth
 player, 329 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 21:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 772):

Gareth is never one to give up, and tries again, with better success...

[Private to GM: Explosive Fireball, 1d, 8 under skill to cast, 11 under skill to hit, 3 fire damage...]
Narrator
 GM, 5762 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 15:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 773):
Even at 1/2 D range, someone atp the cliff catches fire.


The sounds if fireballs exploding can be heard back by the main caravan...
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 105 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 20:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 774):

OOC - Please clarify... they hear Fireballs by the caravan, or the Caravan can hear fireballs by the cliffs?
Narrator
 GM, 5766 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 15:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 775):

Everyone back at the caravan can hear your fireballs
Gareth
 player, 331 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 6 Jan 2019
at 21:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 776):

Encouraged by the fireworks, Gareth keeps it up!

[Private to GM: Explosive fireball, rolled 5 under skill, attack, rolled 9 under skill, 4 burning damage. Skill 21, so no failures due to natural roll of 17 or greater!]
Narrator
 GM, 5786 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 23:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 777):

The explosion takes off the lip if the cliff, causing a minor landslide-make a Dodge all or take 1d-3. On the plus side, there are no longer any archers near the top, (some screaming though) and the path is easier to see.
Gareth
 player, 332 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 02:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 778):

Gareth is so excited at the effect that he easily makes the dodge as he moves out of the way, before getting ready to move on up as fast as he can to some cover!

[Private to GM: Rolled 8. Retreating dodge 13...]
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 37 posts
 Agent about town
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 17:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 779):

"Haveron, Yisslitheniss, there is something definitely going on ahead."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:26, Mon 14 Jan 2019.

Mischa
 NPC, 86 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 17:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 780):

"Cousin, we should investigate. Perhaps you could scout from above?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 106 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 18:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 780):

No doubtssss ... hopefully we do not loze many of our Guardssss.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 38 posts
 Agent about town
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 16:06
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 782):

 "Let us go and join them!" She draws her broadsword.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 107 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 17:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
And leave the caravan bereft of protection? That wassss our job to protect.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 18 posts
 Caravan guard
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 19:19
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 784):

"If the Bandits are attacking again in force, it would be best to meet them before they can get this far. Witch, you have been to the cliff tops. Might you surveil there again?"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:50, Fri 18 Jan 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 5804 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 13:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Hasim ab Quadeer (msg # 785):

Gorgath, Gareth, Berry, and Tralfaz make their way up the newly widened path. As Gorgath reaches the top, several arrows rebound off of his helmet.


Haveron, Yisslitheniss, Amelie, Mischa and Sorsha are...?

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:53, Fri 18 Jan 2019.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 108 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 17:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Yes, we are.


Sssso you would have ussss. go to the fighting?
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 19 posts
 Caravan guard
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 19:30
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 787):

"If the enemy can be ground down at once, a good offense can be the best defense."


Occ I hate splitting the party...
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 109 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 19 Jan 2019
at 01:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
OK...come with me and we will go aid the otherssssss

He heads off toward the noise.
Gareth
 player, 333 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 19 Jan 2019
at 12:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 789):

Gareth, meanwhile, has been making his way up the hill looking for more targets. When he spies some, he throws another explosive fireball at them...after a his first attempt at a fireball fizzled out since he did not stop moving enough.

[Private to GM: Rolled 17 for first fireball...failure. On his next try, rolled 7 under skill to cast, 7 under skill to attack, 5 damage.]
Narrator
 GM, 5817 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 21 Jan 2019
at 21:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 790):

Gareth is ascending up a crecasse toward the top of a cliff... There is no way to see upward, and he is ascending agead of Gorgath, who is ideally armored to stick his head up first...
Gareth
 player, 334 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 21 Jan 2019
at 21:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 791):

Noting Gorgath's heavily armoured helmet, he decided to pause for 30 seconds to let the heavily armoured head go first. And to summon a fire elemental, if any is around...

[Private to GM: Cast Summon Fire Elemental, rolled 8, skill 20. Casting time 30 seconds. May take up to 2d minutes to appear...do I get to choose how big of an elemental comes?]
Narrator
 GM, 5822 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 16:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 792):

In order to summon a fire elemental you need to have a sizeable fire-create fire with a bunch of brush or fuel to burn. The nearest such thing you can see is down and accross the road. If there is any above, you are not in a position to see it.

As Gorgath gets to the top, several arrows fly his way, one even striking the visor of his helmet.
Gareth
 player, 335 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 19:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 793):

Gareth is a little disheartened, and looks to create a fire. How unusual...

[Private to GM: Rolled 10 under skill to create a fireball, 1d.]
Narrator
 GM, 5829 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 22:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 794):

Earth and air elementals could be ot easily here, water elementals would be nigh impossible.
Gareth
 player, 336 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 22:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 795):

Not by Gareth, unfortunately...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 212 posts
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 19:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron saw to Amelia's safety first, making sure she was in a place least likely to be hit by any stray arrows and then he leaned the shield nearby her so that she would have protection from the caravans and a huge slab of wood. "Stay here, my dear... he said gently and then brushed his hair back from his head and started off after the others.

Dont go getting yourselves into anything without me! he huffed in good spirit as he ran up the hill.

He considered staying behind the others, but ultimately panned out to the side so that he'd also be a target for any fire. HE wouldn't use one of his allies as a shield in lieu of his own. Better that they try and kill he than them.

Right, What've we got here now? he said with similar humour and then looked around the area to assess the field.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 110 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 21:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept comes up behind the first group, sword drawn and moves forward.
Narrator
 GM, 5844 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 16:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 798):

A number of arrows, charred bodies and boulders litter the roadway. Gorgath and Garethare climbig a rift i the right hand wall up the cliff, withthe ogre just reaching the top. Berry and her fire bresthing dog are at the base of the cliff.
No one is visible at the edge ofthe cliff at this time, unless Sorsha flies above.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 111 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 18:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept starts climbing the path behind Gareth and Gorgath
Gareth
 player, 337 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 19:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 800):

Gareth mounts the cliff, fireball in hand, close behind the ogre, looking for a target.
Gorgath
 player, 430 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 19:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The big ogre, with his newfound entourage, crests the hill and pauses to find the source of all these arrows.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 213 posts
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 21:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Haveron also headed up to the crest to get a look at what was going on and where all of the enmies were.
Brigand
 player, 26 posts
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 20:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 802):

Five bowmen are about ten yards away from the cliff edge

Currently only visible to Gorgath

And beyond them are about a dozen spearmen, some of whom are actually wearing decent armor, and one man with an axe who is wearing heavy scale.

The archers loose arrows, all of which rebound from the mammoth knight's DeepGuard armor.
Gareth
 player, 338 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 20:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand (msg # 804):

Gareth, right behind Goegath, will come up over the crest and throw his fireball at an archer.

[Private to GM: Rolled 7 under skill to hit. 2d damage, 8 points...]
Narrator
 GM, 5849 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 14:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 805):

Gareth's shot flies between Gorgath's knees, reminding the ogre of how he felt the morning after some heavy carousing, befor visiting a temple...

And the archer goes down in a screaming conflagration.

The other archers are drawing arrows, the spearmen set against a charge, and the bandit leaderadopts a defensive stance.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:16, Fri 01 Feb 2019.

Gareth
 player, 339 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 18:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 806):

Gareth, after noting the spacing of the archers, ducks back down behind the crest of the cliff to cast another spell...a very familiar one. He a actually seems to be enjoying himself...

He waits to hear the arrows plinking off the deepgaurds armour before popping his head back up and targeting the largest group he can with his fireball.

"Smokin! Did you see them burn?" he says to no-one in particular, kind of like an excited kid.

[Private to GM: Lol, day of 10's. Rolled 10, 11 under skill to cast, Explosive fireball, 2d, so drain of 2 fp. 11 under skill to hit and 10 fire damage. Preferably target archers, but if he can hit more spearmen, he will. He will try to include the leader if numbers are all the same, but will not target the leader if it means reducing the total hit.]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 112 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept pauses beside Gareth and casts a spell, then walks up beside Gorgath and holds his great sword point up in front of him.



[Private to GM:  12:17, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 3d6.  Cast Armour (2).Skill is 11]
Narrator
 GM, 5858 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 15:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 808):

As Gorgath advances, Gareth nails another archer, and sets the bows and clothes of the two adjacent ones on fire. The remaing one turns and runs.
Adept Yisslitheniss is enveloped with the protection of his god.

The spearmen nervously get in formation.
Gareth
 player, 340 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 12:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 809):

"Oh, Goody. Formations! Cuddle up boys...I love formations!" He gives a signal, and fire starts raining from the sky at the formations centre!

[Private to GM: Cast spell Rain of fire, radius 2, targeted at the formations middle, to get the maximum number of them.]
Narrator
 GM, 5868 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 21:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 810):

As Gorgath advances on the line of spearmen, there is a crack of thunder and a whiff of ozone as streaks of flame begin to fall toward them, landing on some of the men's headresses and clothing, and creating puddles of flame on the ground.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 113 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 00:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept advances alongside Gorgath, but with enough room between them to allow them both to use their weapons freely.
Gareth
 player, 341 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 00:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 812):

Gareth chuckles and brings more fire to bear. Looking for any mage or leader, he shares some of his fire with them. He is sure they want it...

[Private to GM: Maintaining Rain of fire, Casting Fireball, now just at sill 20! Rolled 10, 10 under...Rolled 7, 13 under to hit, 7 fire damage]
Brigand leader
 NPC, 1 post
 Chief baddie
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 813):

As the spearman catch fire and break away, one collapsing as the fireball hits it, the more heavily armored man throws an axe at Gareth!
Dodge or take 10 points cutting to the torso.

Two spearmen engage with the adept, and three brace their spears against Gorgath.
Gareth
 player, 342 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 23:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand leader (msg # 814):

Gareth ducks back behind the embankment, laughing with delight as the axe sails harmlessly past where he was just a heartbeat ago.

"Lovely shot, that. Lovely!"

He creates another fireball, especially for the axe thrower, this time pausing to grow it into a monster, before throwing it at him.

[Private to GM: Retreating Dodge, 4 under (would have succeeded on a regular dodge!) Cast Fireball, 3d, grown to 6d for 4 fp cost, rolled 7 under to cast , 8 under to hit, 24 damage...unless dodged. 3 rounds of action to do this. How far away is he?
Edit: Oh, and stop maintaining rain of fire. It has a minute duration anyway.
]

This message was last edited by the player at 00:00, Wed 06 Feb 2019.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 114 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 23:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept swings to remove the spear heads from the shafts, then takes a step back and defends.






[Private to GM:  16:47, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 7 using 3d6.  Sword swing - Spears; made by 10
16:48, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 cutting  using 2d6+3.  Sword Damage.
16:54, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 9 using 3d6.  Parry on defense. made by 5
]
Narrator
 GM, 5876 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 17:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 815):

Ahem. You launched a spell that second, not easy to do and dodge. You made a retreating dodge... on the edge of a cliff. You are now partway down the cliff, and out of sight of the axe thrower, and need at least a second to climb back up... with both hands, and then you can cast your spell.

The spearmen, one now holding only a stick, flee the area of the rain of fire, which will be going on for another 58 seconds
Gareth
 player, 343 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 18:54
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 817):

A little frustrated at suddenly finding the ground was not beneath him as close as he thought it should be, Gareth begins climbing back up. As soon as he does not need two hands, he creates his ball of fire.

[Private to GM: Ok, same rolls, but delayed as to when he can cast it.]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 115 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 20:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept stays back out of the rain of fire.
Berry
 player, 102 posts
 Mage
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 22:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
I suppose I should probably help Berry says to her dog. Berry looks around to see if she has a clear shot at anyone.
Narrator
 GM, 5887 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 23:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 820):
If she can see them, she can hit them.
Most are wounded, burning, and showing their backs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:59, Fri 08 Feb 2019.

Gorgath
 player, 431 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Mon 11 Feb 2019
at 04:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath, sensing victory or at least a good fight, moves forward towards the remnants of the bandits while leveling his weapon at them,

"DEAD OR ALIVE? YOU CHOOSE!"

[Private to GM: Sorry about the delays. Death in the family was a bit much. Had to do more than I thought.]

This message was last edited by the player at 04:59, Mon 11 Feb 2019.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 116 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 02:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept advances on Gorgaths right, sword held point up and slightly to his right side.
Narrator
 GM, 5912 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 03:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 823):

Seeing that thenigh invicible ogre has reinforcements, the remaining spearmen flee.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:46, Tue 12 Feb 2019.

Gareth
 player, 344 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 04:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 824):

On reaching the top again, Gareth will nonetheless fling his fireball at the nearest fleeing spearman, preferably the leader who threw the axe at him.

"Come back! COME BACK! I HAVE YOUR LOVELY SALVATION RIGHT HERE! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

[Private to GM: Cast Fireball, 3d, grown to 6d for 4 fp cost, rolled 7 under to cast, 8 under to hit, 24 damage...unless dodged. 3 rounds of action to do this.]

This message was last edited by the player at 04:38, Tue 12 Feb 2019.

Brigand leader
 NPC, 2 posts
 Chief baddie
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 14:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 825):

The fireball just misses the axe thrower, who has drawn a curved sword, and points at the lizardman and ogre with it. Hevis wearing brigandine and shield.
Gareth
 player, 345 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 19:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand leader (msg # 826):

So he is not running? How far from Gareth is he?
Brigand leader
 NPC, 3 posts
 Chief baddie
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 827):

The fellow is about six yards away, and did not actively dodge... your mammoth fireball just missed him by this much. He is close enough to the Adept and to Gorgath for them to engage this round.



Because everyone gets to be awesome at their character.
Gareth
 player, 346 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:40
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand leader (msg # 828):

Gareth is clearly disgusted at himself missing.

"Gorgath, chop him up, if you will..." as he attempts to move around both the character and Gorgath.

[Private to GM: Lol, interpret that as the GM saying 'you missed so someone else can kill something?'"]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 117 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 02:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
he adept figures this fellow has some trick in mind, so he swings at his legs about thigh high. Gorgath should find him unable to defend.


[Private to GM:  19:07, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 using 3d6.  Swing Low at thighs; By 6
19:08, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 cuttinng using 2d6+3.  Damage.
]
Narrator
 GM, 5920 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 02:33
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 829):

You made a great roll- think of reasons a non dodging person would be missed... there has to be a reason.
Gareth
 player, 347 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 02:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 831):

Well, it is not size modifier, and he is not that far away. Fireballs cannot be parried, and if blocked it would not have missed. Did it pass right through him, or did something curve it around him?
Brigand leader
 NPC, 4 posts
 Chief baddie
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 20:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 830):

The brigand leader dodges the axe blow and swings his scimitar at The lizardman.

If you fail to dodge or parry, halve DR and take 11 points cutting after subtracting remaining DR.

To clarify his description,  he is wearing a mix of plate and chain equivalent to brigandine, although the plates are part of the mail, and is wielding a fine looking curved blade, and wearing an amulet.


The fireball previously thrown at him appeared to arc around him.
Gareth
 player, 348 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 20:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand leader (msg # 833):

Gareth figures it is magic, and tries to work out which one to dispel it, if he can.

[Private to GM: Thaumatology roll to ID spell at work there. Rolled 3 under skill.]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 118 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 00:22
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept Parries his Opponent, Then steps back and smiles.... a very toothy grin ... He hasssss magic defense
Narrator
 GM, 5927 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 20:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 835):

The spell would likely be missile shield, but there are no signs of him casting it.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 119 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 20:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept waits on Gorgath to do something so they can attack together and make his defense difficult.



[Private to GM: Missile shield wouldn't help with dodge... and the blow was designed to make him back up (he can't jump over a thigh high swing) and yet he struck back... am I reading too much into that?]
Narrator
 GM, 5933 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 20:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 837):

No, he made a good doge roll vs the sword.
Gareth
 player, 349 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 22:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 838):

Gareth swears.

"I need to learn to counter that spell."

He cast something else, more complex, and his jo glows with an eerie reddish-green hue. He then moves around his adversary, staying wall back as he does so.

[Private to GM: Rolled 10 under skill to cast burning death, will use retreating dodge if attacked, but for now staying well back.]

This message was last edited by the player at 01:38, Fri 22 Feb 2019.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 120 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 02:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept is on guard, looking for an opening.
Narrator
 GM, 5938 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 01:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 839):

[Private to Gareth: which spell]

Gorgath?
Gorgath
 player, 432 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 05:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath eyes the man warily, before launching a quick slash with his weapon.

OOC: Attack (Deceptive -6/-3 to defense): Hit, 35 cut


[Private to GM: Do you have a limit on how high deceptive can go, other than the normal low of skill 10?

23:24, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 35 using 4d6+14.  damage.

23:23, Today: Secret Roll: Gorgath rolled 14 using 3d6.  Attack vs Skill 24 -1 SM -6 Dec: 17.
]
Narrator
 GM, 5948 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 20:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 842):

The leader of the brigands is flung over backwards by the Doomrazor, which has not cleaved through his armor, but he is not moving, znd his breath is raspy.
Gareth
 player, 350 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 21:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 843):

Gareth will move it to touch him with his Jo.

[Private to GM: Iff an attack is needed, rolled 1 over skill. Post above modified to show spell.]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 121 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 21:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept steps forward and swings his sword down on the brigands neck



[Private to GM:  13:56, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 7 using 3d6.  Sword downward swing. By 3 (15-5 = 10)
13:57, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 12 potentially 18 cutting )using 2d6+3.  Damage.
]
Gorgath
 player, 434 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 21:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath steps into the path of the Adept's blade.

"He lost. He prisoner. He know stuff."

OOC: Feverish Sacrificial Dodge: success

Narrator
 GM, 5954 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 21:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 846):

Gorgath takes a very minor cut in his leg, 3pts after DR, so 5 points. The bandit lord still breathes but does not move... and a good thing the blow was deflected, as it might have destroyed the amulet.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 122 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 21:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
He looks confused... why you do that?  I fix


He allows his spell to expire and casts...

[Private to GM:  14:56, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 15 using 3d6.  Minor Healing 3. skill is 11 ...ooohhh he is not going to be happy with me.]
Narrator
 GM, 5957 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 22:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 848):
No further harm done. You just touched his armor.
Gareth
 player, 351 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 07:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 849):

So did Gareths touch succeed? Regardless, if he spies a nice amulet, he will likely take it off him and try it on...
Gorgath
 player, 435 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 20:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath nods at the reptileman,

"Good hit."

Looking at Gareth as he starts to pilfer the man's pockets, he sighs heavily,

"Tie him first."

While Gareth or whoever hopefully ties up the prisoner, Gorgath will keep his weapon pointed at the prone bandit.

OOC: Wait: If he casts a spell, attack
Narrator
 GM, 5968 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 15:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 850):

Gorgath (being closer) was able to make his defensive action before Gareth got close, as he had to walk around the greatsword swinging lizard priest.

Is Gareth still trying to strike the dowed man under those conditions? Make a will roll.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:10, Mon 25 Feb 2019.

Gareth
 player, 352 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 19:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 852):

Gareth will not try to strike him per-se, but to touch him.

[Private to GM: He wants to see him burn...and to use it to interrogate the man! He is a bit twisted up, I know...but with Bloodlust and Callous...not to mention the voices...he passed his will roll by 2 (2 under)]
Narrator
 GM, 5971 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 00:29
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 853):
[Private to Gareth:
You do realize that this man is unconscious due to wouds, and that if the spell succeeds, he and all of his gear will be ashes? Even doing only one round of damage may kill him, and being unconscious he may not even be feeling pain
]
Gareth is trying to step around Adept Yisslitheniss and poke the unconscious bandit leader with a stick.
Gareth
 player, 353 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 01:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 854):

Poking him with a stick after removing the shiney amulet that he suspects protected him from his missile spell...

[Private to GM: The spell description says only the body, and clothes char (and probably burn if flammable). But yes, I do realize that. But would not a callous and Bloodthirsty person do that anyway?]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 123 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 02:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Hold! Gorgath take as Prisoner.  He extends his sword, blade flat in front of Gareth.
Gareth
 player, 354 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 05:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 856):

"You wave that thing around all the wrong places, adept...glad to see you could make it, by the way. Did you find any bandits actually fighting to use that thing against? I suspect that shiney amulet is protecting him, so I intend to remove his protections."

He pushes the sword out of the way as he moves forward to remove the amulet. [Private to GM: No doubt touching him as he does so...]
Narrator
 GM, 5981 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 22:15
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 857):

Smoke begins to trickle out of the bandit leader's nostrils and mouth.... He coughs and grimaces.
Gareth
 player, 355 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 01:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 858):

Gareth checks him to see if there are any flammable items that he needs to be relieved of.
Narrator
 GM, 5987 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:04
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 859):

The man has a headscarf with embroidery, and velvet and steel brigandine, leather boots, and a belt and pouch.
[Private to Gareth: are you continuing the spell this second?]
Gareth
 player, 356 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 860):

Gareth will remove the headscarf, the pouch and then try to remove the velvet and brigadine.

[Private to GM: Yes, he will continue the spell. He figures he can use Summon spirit!]
Brigand leader
 NPC, 5 posts
 Chief baddie
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 861):

The unconscious man begins to convulse, smoke pouring out of his mouth and nostrils.

He is wearing expensive brigandine made of metal plates, leather and velvet. This takes 30 seconds to remove, 20 with an armory roll.
Gareth
 player, 357 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand leader (msg # 862):

Is it the underlay that is velvet?
Gorgath
 player, 436 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 21:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath squints at the man on the ground smoking and then to Gareth, his teeth clenched,

"End spell now."
Gareth
 player, 358 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 22:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 864):

"Why? Now he lies. If I ask his spirit, he speaks only truth?"
Gorgath
 player, 437 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 22:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"You're killing him.  You murderer. "
Gareth
 player, 359 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 22:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 866):

"He tried to kill me, and would try still if he had the chance. I am freeing him of his murderous desires, and defending myself at the same time."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 124 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 22:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
You evil!

The adept casts on the man ...


[Private to GM: 15:44, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 10 using 3d6.  Major healing - 4 fatigue points on the bandit leader. skill is 10 ]

This message was last edited by the player at 22:46, Thu 28 Feb 2019.

Gorgath
 player, 438 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 22:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Tried and fail. Fight over. Now end spell.

You kill him, you just like him."

Gareth
 player, 360 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 23:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 869):

"No. I am better than him. I won the fight. What is evil about defending yourself, adept?"

He continues removing stuff...

[Private to GM: Maintains for one more round. He does want to see him dead...]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 125 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 02:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
You are not defending; he not attack anymore. Now you murder.
Brigand leader
 NPC, 6 posts
 Chief baddie
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 21:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 871):

Despite the he adepts best efforts, the man bursts into flame, ruining his expensive armor, and turns into a pile of ash.



There goes $9k in treasure
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 126 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 22:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept points at Gareth... give me mana.
Gareth
 player, 362 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 02:13
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 873):

"I was going to summon his spirit, which cannot lie. What was your idea?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 127 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 02:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Eternal resssst.
Gareth
 player, 364 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 02:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 875):

"The fire already did that, but if you want to do it again, let me question him first. Then you can rest him..."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 129 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 02:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
With out it, he may vissit you again...many timesssss.
Gareth
 player, 366 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 02:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 877):

Gareth laughed.

"I have losts for friends and family who were redeemed by fire who are my friends. I talk to them all the time...they will see him off if he chooses to trouble me. But if you feel better, that's fine. Just let me ask him if there are more bandits, and where his base camp and treasure are."
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 130 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 22:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Assss you wissshh ... You handle it.

The Adept walks off a short ways and finds a place to rest.


[Private to GM:   15:08, Today: Adept Yisslitheniss rolled 11 using 3d6.  Recover Energy. Made it dead on ]
Gareth
 player, 368 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 23:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 879):

Once the Adept has left to rest, Gareth will attempt to summon the spirit of the Bandit, and ask him where his wealth is kept.

[Private to GM: Rolled 11, skill 20-5(Do not know full name) = 15, so rolled 4 under. Cost 20 x 0.5 (At place of death) x0.5 (At body, or what is left of it)]
Brigand leader
 NPC, 6 posts
 Chief baddie
 Now deceased
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 00:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 880):

???




What language did you use?


Also: his sword (a nice looking scimitar) and his shield remain intact, although the shield needs new straps.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:57, Tue 05 Mar 2019.

Gareth
 player, 369 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 01:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Brigand leader (msg # 881):

Aralaise...
Narrator
 GM, 6006 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 03:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 882):

You are in Valdassya...
Gareth
 player, 370 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 05:38
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 883):

I see...

"Does anyone know Valdassian?"
Berry
 player, 103 posts
 Mage
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 02:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry will dismiss her pet summon and return to the group after watching the discussion about murder and the bandit lord. "I for one, support setting bandits on fire. Although there is the practical concern that if word gets out they might not surrender, although I think that would be outweighed by getting bandits to not attack in the first place. Good job! Plus, I really don't think we were qualified to tie him up and keep watch. Don't want to get murdered in our sleep now do we?"
Var
 NPC, 16 posts
 Goblin servant
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 13:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 885):

Having drifted toward Berry in Gorgath's wake, her servant looks over at Gareth and the smoking pile of ash and armor.
"Well, no need for recruitment there."
Gareth
 player, 371 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 23:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 886):

"Well, if no-one speaks Valdassian, we were never going to question him anyway..."
Var
 NPC, 17 posts
 Goblin servant
Fri 8 Mar 2019
at 22:25
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 887):

"Why not gather the ashes so that you might call on him when you learn a phrase or two? Half the caravan speaks the tongue, and there has got to be someone open to persuasion."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:22, Sat 09 Mar 2019.

Gareth
 player, 372 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 8 Mar 2019
at 22:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 888):

"Much better to bring them here, where he died, though. Especially if we can find out his name."
Var
 NPC, 18 posts
 Goblin servant
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 17:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 889):

"Believe you me, the kind of people in this caravan willing to translate for a necromancer are also too lazy to climb a cliff. I have been keeping track, I assure you."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:10, Tue 19 Mar 2019.

Gareth
 player, 373 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 21:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 890):

"Then the casting will have to wait for another day, when I have more energy."

He scoops up the ash, looking for a container to put it in.
Var
 NPC, 19 posts
 Goblin servant
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 20:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 891):

The yellowish goblin smiles unpleasantly, and passes Gareth an empty jar with a stopper from his pouch.
Gareth
 player, 374 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 20:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 892):

Gareth checks the jar and puts in the ash, before closing the stopper, and putting in his pack.

"Thank you. Back down now? What was that jar for?"
Berry
 player, 104 posts
 Mage
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 12:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
You're being very helpful Var! I should treat you to a decent meal or something after the caravan gets to its destination.
Var
 NPC, 20 posts
 Goblin servant
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 23:10
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 894):

"Thank you very much! I gotta help them as further the cause! That jar? it had something some one didn't really need. They won't miss it much."

[private to Berry: this means he identified Gareth as someone likely to fall under his boss's jurisdiction]

This message was last edited by the player at 19:44, Fri 15 Mar 2019.

Gareth
 player, 376 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 08:03
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 895):

With everyone else apparently standing around wondering what to do, Gareth will go over all of the fallen, looking for loot to carry away back to the caravan...
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 131 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 18:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept shakes his head and walks back to the Caravan,
Narrator
 GM, 6047 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Mar 2019
at 19:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 897):

There is not much to be found amongst the charred corpses, except for a few cheap weapons. This is why they were attackig the caravan. Who took the leader's sword and shield and axe?

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:47, Fri 15 Mar 2019.

Gareth
 player, 377 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 16 Mar 2019
at 04:51
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 898):

Gareth was gathering stuff, so assume he did unless someone, such as Gorgath or the Adept, beat him to it.
Narrator
 GM, 6054 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 01:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 899):

Is anyone participating in this, or was the willful slaughter of an incapacitated foe that Gorgath wanted alive too much?
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 132 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 02:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept turned and left, disgusted with Gareth's behavior, which was no better than the Brigands.
Berry
 player, 105 posts
 Mage
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 13:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry isn't helping gather up stuff, but that's due to general laziness not disgust. She is hanging around watching. "So how did you learn your fire magic anyway?"
Gareth
 player, 378 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 19:12
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 902):

"When I was young, I went to the city to study, and we just found I was good with fire magic. I guess seeing my village burned to the ground, with many of the occupants inside, had something to do with that. Ever since then, I have felt kind of at home with fire, and burning people seem to be my friends, as they once were..."
Var
 NPC, 21 posts
 Goblin servant
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 903):

Var pauses while looking at the gear of the fallen brigand leader, as if weighing what would cause the most chaos in the world; to leave them for the next bandit to take, or to give them to a bunch of adventurers...
Gareth
 player, 379 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:17
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gareth:
In reply to Narrator (msg # 898):

Gareth was gathering stuff, so assume he did unless someone, such as Gorgath or the Adept, beat him to it.


So Var is looking at the gear in Gareths arms?
Narrator
 GM, 6061 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 905):

I was waiting for repliesbefore you tried climbing down a hill carrying an unsheathed sword and a shield.
Gareth
 player, 380 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 22:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 906):

Hmmm, at some point prior to descending the cliff he will look for a rope or sack or clothing to tie it all together to carry it down. A point he is only likely to realise just prior to attempting to descend.
Narrator
 GM, 6063 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 14:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 907):

All of the colth items atop the cliff are partly destroyed by rain of fire.
Gareth
 player, 381 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 19:52
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 908):

Fortunately, Gareth has some cord he uses to tie everything into a bundle to roll down the cliff...after making sure that there is no-one in the path down!
Narrator
 GM, 6069 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 21:26
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 909):

The swird and shield rattle their way down the cleft, making a ruckus that can be heard from below.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 133 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 21:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Ssssounds like Gareth thinksss again
Gareth
 player, 383 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 22:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 910):

He will follow them down...
Berry
 player, 106 posts
 Mage
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 01:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry follows as well.
Gorgath
 player, 440 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 02:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath's eyes narrowed and he stared intently at Gareth as he followed the man down the hillside.

The ogre did not speak.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 39 posts
 Agent about town
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 20:14
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 914):

Noticing something wrong with her companions on their return, Amelia asks  "What happened up there? I saw a lot of fire."
Gareth
 player, 384 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 20:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 915):

"A bunch of bandits released from their murderous ways by fire." says Gareth, oblivious to the grumpy expressions of others.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 20 posts
 Caravan guard
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 20:48
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 916):

The master of arms approaches,  and is immediately struck by the body language of the ogre and the lizard man.

"What happened up there, was there an ambush?"
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 134 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 21:58
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
No a Murderousssss fire mage.
Gareth
 player, 385 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:36
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 918):

"The ogre and myself were ambushed, and we fought our way through. The lizardman is upset that I killed the bandit leader. He seemed to want to just talk with him. I am sure guards he killed previously would have been impressed..."
Berry
 player, 107 posts
 Mage
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 12:45
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Look, the point is the bandit threat is neutralized or at least heavily reduced and we can continue forward in safety. So let's get moving! Wow, that feels weird to say."
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 21 posts
 Caravan guard
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 19:44
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 918):

"If the bandits will trouble us no more, then good. I feel I may need to speak with each of you privately, starting with the Adept, and Stormwal."
Gareth
 player, 386 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 19:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Hasim ab Quadeer (msg # 921):

Gareth will unload what he is carrying onto the caravan, and prepare to depart.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 135 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 20:59
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The adept does the Lizardman shrug and steps away from the crowd a bit
Narrator
 GM, 6095 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 16:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 922):

Prepare to depart with caravan or from it?
Gareth
 player, 387 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 19:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 924):

Gareth departing with caravan.
Berry
 player, 108 posts
 Mage
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 01:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry does her best to blend in with the other workers in the caravan. She is mildly concerned Hasim ab Quadeer is going to try and get her to do more.
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 22 posts
 Caravan guard
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 16:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 926):

The caravan begins to move. Hasim approaches Adept Yisslitheniss.

[Private to Adept Yisslitheniss: Tell me what transpired. How many did you see, are they a threat, and what did the fire sorcerer do that put you and the ogre into such a mood?]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 136 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 18:02
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The Adept walks with the caravan master.




[Private to GM: He will relay all he saw and his disgust with Garaeths killing the leader, including burning up all his gear.]
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 23 posts
 Caravan guard
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 14:10
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 928):

The master at arms strokes his beard thoughtfully.
[Private to Adept Yisslitheniss: "So the bandits are decimated and the remaining forces scattered. This sorcerer is a different matter, incinerating helpless foes that even our ogre wanted to keep alive. I will definitely be discharging him when we get to Al Menir, if I do so now he may exact vengance upon us. I do not trust him. Thank you for this information.  I may find a way to deal with this tonight."]
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 137 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 17:41
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
 The adept nods says something and leaves.



[Private to Hasim ab Quadeer: I think your plan wise, he is not mentally balanced it would seem]
Narrator
 GM, 6105 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 20:01
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The caravan progresses a few hours past the former bandit encampment and begins to set up camp. It should only be one more long day's march until out of the mountains, and then another two days to the city.

Tomorrow you will be close to the area you are planning to visit, but you do need to reach the city and be discharged from the caravan.
Gareth
 player, 388 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 20:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 931):

And to sell what we did collect...
Berry
 player, 109 posts
 Mage
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 21:42
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry is excited at the impending prospect of money!
Narrator
 GM, 6108 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 16:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
The night passes uneventfully, although Gareth  wakes un inside a circle of salt.
Gareth
 player, 389 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 08:48
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 934):

Which utterly confuses him.

"What is the meaning of this???"

[Private to GM: Rolled 6 under Thaeumatology to know what was cast.]
Narrator
 GM, 6117 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 13:53
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 935):

This seems to be a folk remedy against supernatural evil. There are some magical beings that can be restrained in this manner.
Gareth
 player, 390 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 19:05
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 936):

As Gareth thinks he understands, he smirks a little bit, but says nothing and continues on.
Mubark Al Fahid
 NPC, 8 posts
 Caravan leader
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 22:19
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 937):

The caravan leader looks at the clear road ahead, and the wonders at a night without attacks.
Gareth
 player, 391 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 00:39
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Mubark Al Fahid (msg # 938):

"Amazing at how peaceful things are when the bandits are actually killed and not just asked nicely to leave..."
Berry
 player, 110 posts
 Mage
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 14:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Will wander over to Gareth and whisper And all those priests told us that evil never prospers.
Gareth
 player, 392 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 19:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 940):

"Protecting ourselves and our future is not evil. It is smart. Sometimes mercy is merciless on their future victims!" Gareth protests.

"I dispute that I am evil. I am simply willing to make the tough choices others are too weak to make. But the choices need to be made for the good of many."
Var
 NPC, 22 posts
 Goblin servant
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 19:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 941):

"I like your line of reasoning!"
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 40 posts
 Agent about town
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 14:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 942):

Seeing how bothered the usually easy going ogre is, Amelia approaches Gorgath.
"Hey big fella, looks like there was a problem that happened. Want to talk about it?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:08, Thu 04 Apr 2019.

Mischa
 NPC, 87 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 14:09
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 943):

Mischa swings over to his cousin after breakfast.
"Something went down yesterday, there is a lot of unrest among the packers and teamsters."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:44, Sat 06 Apr 2019.

Berry
 player, 111 posts
 Mage
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 18:31
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Berry continues whispering to Gareth. "Sure, sure that makes sense, but have you considered your afterlife? You should get those details locked down. Get concrete deals, not the vague stuff that the 'good' gods offer. Just a suggestion." She smiles at him.
Var
 NPC, 23 posts
 Goblin servant
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 19:46
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 945):

"I don't  think he has to worry about there being an uncertainty in the matter."
Gareth
 player, 395 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 08:20
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 945):

Gareth looks at the other two in surprise, and thinks for a moment.

"Afterlife? Maybe I should become a Lich, are you suggesting? Is that why Var thinks I don't need to worry about it? Or something similar?"

[OOC: Hmmm, maybe now he is moving toward the dark side...that prompting was probably problematic for party unity!]

This message was last edited by the player at 08:22, Sun 07 Apr 2019.

Var
 NPC, 24 posts
 Goblin servant
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 17:47
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 947):

"Berry knows a guy who could tell you for sure what happens to guys like you, but I am pretty sure no chance is involved."
Gareth
 player, 396 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 20:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 948):

"Really? What do you mean, 'guys like me?'"
Var
 NPC, 25 posts
 Goblin servant
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 15:27
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 949):

"The kinda guy that roasts a helpless opponent to ash. That kind."
Gareth
 player, 399 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 20:08
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 950):

"I am sure he would have done the same if roles were reversed. So what does happen, do you think?"
Var
 NPC, 26 posts
 Goblin servant
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 19:24
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 951):

"Nah. He was all about the money, had a code of hospitality  too. If he cut you down and didn't kill you, he woulda sold ya for ransom. I don't normally nip about where that caliber ends up. I handle sloth,  idle gossip, petty theft, casual blasphemy and the like."
Gareth
 player, 401 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 20:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 952):

"Having being sold for ransom to the highest bidder, I think giving him a quick death is more merciful than a life of pain and suffering. The idea that selling for ransom is better is a bit of a justification for selfish gain at others expense."
Var
 NPC, 27 posts
 Goblin servant
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 23:07
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 953):

"You can talk your way outta slavery or change terms on your own ransom to your friends. Can't talk your way outta being dead...  mean 5here was that one guy who wagered the reaper, but that was one guy. Dead don't leave no options for a change of heart. Then again killing the innocent keeps em from becoming evil."
Berry
 player, 112 posts
 Mage
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 23:28
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"That's why you need to be careful when someone talks about saving souls! There's a chance they'll go around killing the innocent, so they can't turn to evil!" Berry quips. "But seriously, make a contract for your afterlife or you'll end up a sewer of the lower planes or something for all eternity. Or a chew toy for a chaos beast or cannon fodder for a celestial army if you get misfiled."
Gareth
 player, 402 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 23:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 955):

"Hell yeah. Better to be a sentient undead than that. But this guy was far from innocent, and I bet he had killed his share of innocents over time, or ordered them killed. They just go to the void when they die, as I understand."
Var
 NPC, 28 posts
 Goblin servant
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 00:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 956):

"The void? That is a good one! Nah, there is a lot more specificity to your final destination. Hah! I gotta tell the fellas about that one. The void! Ya killing me!"
Gareth
 player, 403 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 01:55
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Var (msg # 957):

"Really? Like you know? Just how do you know, anyway? Know anyone that has been there? I do, they talk to me all the time..."
Var
 NPC, 29 posts
 Goblin servant
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 16:32
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 958):

"As a matter of fact, I do know!" cries Var, before vanishing in a puff of brimstone.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Fri 12 Apr 2019.

Berry
 player, 113 posts
 Mage
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 17:34
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
"Yeah, we have... let's say insider knowledge. I suppose becoming an intelligent undead would work? Up until some self-righteous adventurer smites you. A getting decent afterlife for your soul would be a lot easier I think. Just remember your immortal soul is immortal and your afterlife is forever."
Gareth
 player, 404 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 21:56
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 960):

"So what did you have in mind?"
Gorgath
 player, 441 posts
 HP 20/20 FP 11/13
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 03:00
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
Gorgath nods to Amelia before looking in Gareth's direction,

"I not the monster. Liches not good. I fight liches."



[Private to Amelia Montaigne: Sorry about the delay. The app I use for notifications went silent.]
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 214 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 962):

"What did go on up there, I arrived a little late. Are we likely to have to fight more of them?"







Being NPC'd, Haveron left around when I told him I didn't  want to start a whole new game just for him...
Berry
 player, 115 posts
 Mage
Sat 20 Apr 2019
at 00:18
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
I was going to suggest making a contract with someone empowered to negotiate... look, I know a guy. I can introduce you in the next town, good? Berry whispers. I will agree with the lich thing. Sounds like a lot of work for a really gross outcome and then your soul is stuck in a box? Doesn't sound great.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 41 posts
 Agent about town
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 15:16
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gorgath (msg # 962):

"I agree. We may be fighting a lich or something when we go to find this hidden tower... If there is anything still in it, it may be something supernatural."
Gareth
 player, 405 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 22 Apr 2019
at 10:37
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 965):

"Guess we will have to wait and see then. Looks like we need to get to this next town first...but this contract idea sounds like another form of slavery to me."

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:19, Tue 23 Apr 2019.

Mischa
 NPC, 88 posts
 Half Elven Shevnian
 Artisan
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 15:21
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 966):

"We all get paid upon safe arrival of the caravan. you can leave now, but not with pay. This is how it goes."
Gareth
 player, 406 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 21:11
Re: Caravan to Al Menir
In reply to M