Near the bone gate.   Posted by Smol spoder.Group: 0
Smol spoder
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 20:16
Near the bone gate
The spiders rush to their dead comrade, and shake their pedipalps at you.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:36, Sun 25 Mar 2018.

Mellarill
 player, 157 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 20:18
Near the bone gate
I think the little fuckers are sentient...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 661 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 22:01
Near the bone gate
"Not so much after they get an arrow through them."

Mario pulls the ordinary arrow from his quiver, nocks and draws, then looses, in the time between two heartbeats.  Once again, the missile speeds true.
Smol spoder
 NPC, 7 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 23:39
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 3):

The remaining spider, unable to retreat due to the gas, moves from one body to the other, then very deliberately climbs partway onto one of them, and rolls onto its back, where it extends its legs up stiffly, all while keeping eye contact.
Mellarill
 player, 158 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 02:57
Near the bone gate
Let the little bastard live...
Clarence Montague
 player, 90 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 08:55
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 5):

"Awww, look at that. I wonder if I could keep him as a pet. He would keep the mice out of the pantry..."

Clarence approaches slowly, holding the torch a little away from the spider.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 662 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 09:17
Near the bone gate
"Hey, I've seen the basement spiders back at the orphanage do stuff like that.  Always figured they were playing dead, like a possum, hoping no one would bother stepping on them."

Mario waits, hand near the fletching of his ordinary arrow.  "On the other hand, it's not attacking us..."
Mellarill
 player, 160 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 17:45
Near the bone gate
Leave the little shit alone, and maybe it will leave us the hell alone...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1348 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 21:36
Near the bone gate
"As Mel says, let this one be.  Take word of this to it's mates, maybe t'ey stay out of t'e way next time we down here."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 663 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 23:33
Near the bone gate
"Maybe it'll tell the others we could have killed it, and didn't.  Or maybe it'll tell them to take the archers first.  Still, I'm not going to shoot unless it threatens."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 331 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 06:14
Near the bone gate
"For now we have what we came here for, let us depart. If we must fight them again the next time we meet, Vejovis will guide our paths."

Moving further back the route they came, Nodwin speaks up again. "Besides, we should get these two back to where they can be healed properly. I'll need to rest for a little while before I can ask Vejovis to grant me that power."
Clarence Montague
 player, 91 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 06:22
Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 11):

"Aww, cute little fella, want to come on some adventures with me? I am sure I can find some food for you..."

He fishes through his rations to find some meat, and offers it to the spider.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 665 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 09:24
Near the bone gate
Mario goggles at Clarence.  "That's a spider the size of a dog, not an actual dog.  Dog bites you, you bleed a bit, worst case lose a leg or hand when the wound corrupts.  That thing bites you, you'll end up wrapped like Ymid was."
Smol spoder
 NPC, 8 posts
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 22:55
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 13):

The spider flips over and scuttles back, and pokes at the dried meat cautiously before backing away from it.
Clarence Montague
 player, 93 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 01:52
Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 14):

"Come on, its OK."

He continues to hold out the meat.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1354 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 02:03
Near the bone gate
Jareth hangs back with Clarence and Charlene as the party continues retreating (presuming they continue and don't stop to watch this).
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 666 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 09:15
Near the bone gate
Mario makes a shooing gesture behind his back, while keeping an eye on Clarence and the spider.

"If the big ones are like the little ones, they likely prefer their meat fresh.  As in, still alive.  The Brothers used to say they'd wrap up a fly caught in their web and then eat it later, still twitching."
Narrator
 GM, 5023 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 20:28
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 16):

Indeed, the wee beastie seems not to be well equipped to chew on dry meat, but it seems to recognize the tone of your offer.
Clarence Montague
 player, 96 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:07
Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 18):

Clarence will put away the dried meat then and look for s fresh piece. The only piece he has is cooked...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 667 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:26
Near the bone gate
"Clarence, the others have gone ahead, and that cloud won't last long.  We should try to keep up.  If your new, uh, friend will follow, we can try to find, uh, it some fresher food.  Don't know how it'll get along with Crotchsniffer, though.  It's big enough to eat him."
Clarence Montague
 player, 97 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:41
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 20):

"Right. Come on then, lets go find you some fresher food, shall we?"

He gets up and starts to return to the others, pausing to look back at his new 8 legged friend.

"Coming?"
Mellarill
 player, 161 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:44
Near the bone gate
Better frickin' not hurt my dog, I'll roast that mother F*****r  piece by piece.
Smol spoder
 NPC, 9 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 16:31
Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 21):

The spider tentatively steps forward, and hesitates, looking up at Clarence, then turning to look at its two dead littermates and back at Clarence.
Clarence Montague
 player, 98 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 22:01
Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 23):

"Come on. If you are with me I can look after you. If you stay here, there is just death..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 668 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 22:52
Near the bone gate
"I wonder if spiders are cannibals?"  Mario's arrows, of course, have vanished one minute after they were drawn from the quiver.  He steps to one of the still spiders, grabs a leg (keeping well clear of the mouth area), and drags it toward Clarence.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1356 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 06:47
Near the bone gate
"Some are.  No kennin on this type.  Come on Clarence, let's go.  If won't follow ya, get some Druid intercede with t'em or scroll Speak With Animals, an come back later."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 669 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 31 Mar 2018
at 11:33
Near the bone gate
"And, don't forget that the cloud blocking the rest of them from us only lasts a few minutes, deadly as it is.  Stay too long, and we'll have the rest of them here, and Jareth likely too tired to do it again."

Mario offers the leg he was using to drag the dead spider.  "Bring this if you want."
Smol spoder
 NPC, 10 posts
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 18:24
Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 24):

The spider hesitantly advances, its eyes on Mario's bow.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 670 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 2 Apr 2018
at 22:57
Near the bone gate
Mario cocks his head, holds the bow to show its curve.  "This isn't what you have to worry about, it's the arrows that kill."  He flicks the nock of his one ordinary arrow, then, much more slowly than usual, readies an arrow, nocks, draws, and releases into the yellow cloud blocking the corridor.  He flicks the nock of the single arrow again.

"Let's go, Clarence.  It'll follow if it wants to."

Mario turns and follows the others slowly, keeping a watch behind, just in case.
Narrator
 GM, 5040 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 15:22
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 29):

You make your way up the stairs,the spider following at a distance.

The Yr-go is starting to flutter a bit.
Clarence Montague
 player, 99 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 20:34
Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 30):

"Come on little one, she wont hurt you while you are close to me, and you don't eat her doggy..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 671 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 3 Apr 2018
at 22:38
Near the bone gate
"And I won't harm you unless you look like you're about to harm one of us."

Mario shakes his head vigorously.  "And now, I'm talking to a spider."

He resumes climbing the stairs, continuing to watch behind for Clarence and his new pet.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 332 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 04:58
Near the bone gate
Once he gets back to a safe area, Nodwin leans against a wall to rest, his energy nearly gone.

"Whew, I need to study that spell more, I'm haven't practiced it enough."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1357 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 06:40
Near the bone gate
Presuming we've moved up past the metal door, Jareth fiddles with the lock a moment and then waves Mario over to it.





OOC: Still don't know if Jareth has keys or not... but his lockpicking attempt failed.

02:36, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 16 using 3d6.  Lockpicking 12.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 672 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 4 Apr 2018
at 09:19
Near the bone gate
"Need some help with that?"  Mario steps up beside Jareth, slings his bow, and pulls some tiny tools out of his pouch.  "I'm not the best there is at this, may take a moment."

He probes in the lock for a moment.  "Ah, there it is."  His elbow swings wide as he pushes the locking bar home.  "Keys are quicker, but..."
Narrator
 GM, 5048 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Apr 2018
at 00:44
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 35):

The lock snaps shut, leaving the other spiders below. Dim twilight and the glowing runes from the bone gate lend a weird illumination to the room, some of which reflects from the eyes of the small spider.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1366 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 08:56
Near the bone gate
"Can rest bit here, less something come through t'e bone gate."

He turns to the Ymid, "What were ya looking for down t'ere?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 100 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 09:32
Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 36):

Clarence looks around for something small to feed his friend. He glances at crotchsniffer, but then looks away for something else.

"Probably best not to eat the doggy..." he mumbles.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 677 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 10:51
Near the bone gate
"Much safer not to eat the doggy."  He glances at Mellarill.  "I think there were still some bodies down here from the Saturnines."
Clarence Montague
 player, 101 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 8 Apr 2018
at 11:13
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 39):

Clarence will look to see where there might be bodies...
Ymid
 NPC, 19 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 15:51
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 37):

"There was an anomaly I sensed from that direction. What did (disturbing distorted image of Mario doing something to locked door) this ritual mean? Two of you performed it. Is it religious (twisted suggestion of manlike apes touching a black monolith) in nature? (Vertigo inducing visualization  of Ymid hand gesturing with glowing runes hanging in the air as the metal of the door ripples away from the locking mechanism, and then flows back into place once the door closes) This is proper practice."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1367 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 18:36
Near the bone gate
"We were locking t'e door... hmmm.  Let's see if I can explain...."

He pictures the inner workings and manipulation of the locking mechanism as clearly as possible then says in Dark One, "'Ai-k'yarnak se kn'a'ee mirre hen nafl-ch'nglui se r'luh hen kadishtu zirȳ hae shapit hae kostas."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 321 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 19:55
Near the bone gate
I'm getting confused... what is the issue?
Narrator
 GM, 5073 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 20:32
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 43):

Jocelyn may need to drop points in prerequisites,but she just learned Shape Metal if she putas a point in it.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 322 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 20:42
Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 44):

She'd put the point in it, but would need to borrow against the future points she may get. Right now I show her as have no unspent points.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 678 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 10 Apr 2018
at 23:21
Near the bone gate
"Some folks might consider locking a door a religious ritual.  I met this banker once who actually had a priest come in and bless his locks -- and then hired a couple of us as guards on top."

Mario blinks a couple times.

"Generally, though, and for most people, locking or unlocking a door is a lot easier than using whatever magic that was to bypass the lock."
Ymid
 NPC, 20 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 23:35
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 42):

(image of grossly anatomical appendage probing earlike aperature to align bony protruberances, causing hinged jaw like mechanism to pop open?)
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 679 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 12 Apr 2018
at 23:52
Near the bone gate
Mario shakes his head sharply, blinks a couple more times, then reaches into his pouch and pulls out his tools.  A couple small bent bronze prybars of different sizes, a pair of probes that resemble thin chopsticks, and a very thin, almost blade-like piece with a leather wrapped handle.

"These," wiggling the chopsticks, "are for feeling the wards and bar.  These," pointing at the prybars, "are for slipping past the wards, lifting the tumbler, and pushing the bar.  This," laying the jimmy over his arm to show the cutout that lets a forearm act as a fulcrum, "is for pushing up a simple bar on the wrong side of the door.

"Given a little time to work, I can open -- or close -- any basic lock in town.  Like I said, I'm not the best there is; a locksmith apprentice would carry three times this many tools and be expected to be able to open any lock short of masterwork before he's a journeyman."

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 333 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 04:51
Near the bone gate
Nodwin is watching with a curious expression on his face, while relaxing against the wall. This conversation seems to have a humerous undertone.
Clarence Montague
 player, 102 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 08:55
Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 49):

Clarence shakes his head.

"And they say I am strange for a pet spider..." he mutters.

He looks around for some spider food instead...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 323 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 18:11
Near the bone gate
Jocelyn makes a face at the image. That's disgusting
Mellarill
 player, 162 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 18:12
Near the bone gate
That dude is a sick mother fucker... I'll cut the asshole if he even gets close to me...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1370 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 18:50
Near the bone gate
Jareth looks askance at the last three and then speaks with emphasis, "Yah Ymid, pretty much exactly that... just not living flesh.  Inanimate matter is used on this world."
Clarence Montague
 player, 103 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 22:16
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 53):

Did Clarence find any spider food around? Dead bodies, or rats?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 680 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 13 Apr 2018
at 23:18
Near the bone gate
"Now, Mellarill, different people, different places, different cultures and standards.  I don't think Ymid intended anything offensive, but he doesn't think just like we do, and I think it's clear his home isn't like our world."
Mellarill
 player, 163 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sat 14 Apr 2018
at 02:10
Near the bone gate
She Looks doubtful   Didn' look acceptable to me... keep de ass away...we'l see how it goes over time.
Ymid
 NPC, 21 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 01:18
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 48):

Oblivious to Mellarill's and Jocelyn's disgust at its attempted questioning of a lock, and rather interested in Mario's demonstration of the use of the tools.


It sinks back from the focused hunch you are starting to recognize as "attentive" and makes a rippling gesture that may be a shrug, and once again it images Hand gesture, glowing symbols and script, door rippling away like water as a stone passes through, and Ymid passing through, then door reforming behind ˇEasier!
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 682 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 09:40
Near the bone gate
"Easier for you.  A key or a set of lockpicks is easier for us.  Or most of us, at any rate."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1374 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 17 Apr 2018
at 18:45
Near the bone gate
"Most'o us have no ability with magic."

He pauses, "So t'e anomaly ya sensed?  Like t'e magic of Ludlow, or somethin else?"
Ymid
 NPC, 22 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 16:28
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 59):

"Not intraplanar embedding/gate conjuration. Some telepathic activity, in quantity...
 also a lifeforce inversion. Atypical, not demi-plane attuned energy transfer, that is common
 among the animate but unliving.  Also not transubstantiation of essence, or rejuvenation of material form, something more profound, possibly representing the intervention of a greater
 power to effect a both a stasis and an inversion of flow. These events are often a function of impulse, rather than system on the part of such entities. They act with little inclination to conservation of energy..."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:08, Fri 20 Apr 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 683 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 22:29
Near the bone gate
Mario shakes his head sharply.  "I hope that made sense to you, Jareth.  I'll stick to archery, or pick the occasional lock.  Mix it up with a staff, if necessary, but that magic stuff makes my head spin.  Or at least I think it's the magic talk that's doing that."
Clarence Montague
 player, 104 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 18 Apr 2018
at 23:33
Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 60):

Clarence, still looking for something to feed his friend with, asks "Can someone translate that please?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 324 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 19 Apr 2018
at 01:48
Near the bone gate
Hard to follow, but I think he might be suggesting that the Saturnites have done something significant again.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:06, Fri 20 Apr 2018.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 334 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 04:30
Near the bone gate
"How many of them do you figure are left? We took care of quite a few ourselves."
Nodwin ponders a bit, "The survivors could be desperate and may have done something foolish, I suppose."
Clarence Montague
 player, 105 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 06:12
Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 64):

"Are we the only ones fighting them? Perhaps we can get some reinforcements?"

Clarence again eyes the doggie, not finding any other stuff suitable to feed his friend...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 684 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 09:22
Near the bone gate
"I don't know, we had trouble in these small spaces with the size of the group last time we brought an army down here."
Mellarill
 player, 164 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 17:37
Near the bone gate
Mellarill notes Clarences gaze and nocks an arrow.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1376 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 17:42
Near the bone gate
Jareth finally breaks out of his ruminations, "Telepathy?  That don' sound Saturnian to me.  Unless t'ey are under t'e sway of Elder Powers an not an infernal deity.  But that would also support t'e different reports over t'e years, different groups, different beings in charge."

He thinks a moment more.  "I don't ken we got time to drum up volunteers with no a guaranteed payout.  Best we just finish restin up t'en see we find this disturbance ourselves.  We got three stalwart fightin types," he points to Brodak, Charlene, and Clarence, "two o' t'e best archers I ever seen," he gestures at Mel and Mario, "Jocelyn an Nodwin covering t'e magic an godliness, my mind, an Ymid here didn't seem no slouch facin down t'em spoders."


He smiles at the group, "I ken we got this."
Clarence Montague
 player, 106 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 22:04
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 68):

Clarence notes Mellarill nocking the arrow, and steps in between her and the spider, shield readied.

"Oh, I don't know about stalwart fighting type...I just hold the light, but maybe finding some cultists for 8-eyes here would be a good thing. In that case, where do we find them?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 685 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 20 Apr 2018
at 23:46
Near the bone gate
"Whether we got this or not, it seems to be on us."  Turning to Ymid and trying to form a clear image in his mind, Mario asks, "This side of the Gate, or the other?  If this side, what direction?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1378 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 06:12
Near the bone gate
"Long as Little Spoder t'ere don't need t'e bodies be alive when she wraps 'em, still got corpses in t'e basement need draggin to ottys.  Could hold one or two back, maybe down in that area we cleared out.  An if t'ey need be still kickin, put one down t'ere an let her lay web around it, catch her some rats, maned or regular."
Clarence Montague
 player, 107 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 06:39
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 71):

"Been trying to catch a rat for im, but they seem to be all gone all of a sudden..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 685 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 21 Apr 2018
at 19:35
Near the bone gate
"I'd guess rats tend to avoid spiders this size.  I certainly would, if I weighed just a pound or so.

"Given the way they wrapped up Ymid and his pet, they seem to prefer their food alive, at least when they wrap it."

This message was last updated by the player at 19:35, Sat 21 Apr 2018.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 335 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 04:09
Near the bone gate
From his relaxed pose, Nodwin fingers his still flaming staff as he thinks about what goal the Saturnites could currently be working towards. He thinks on what bits of knowledge that he was taught about the dark religions and beliefs during his studies.
Narrator
 GM, 5104 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Apr 2018
at 19:48
Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 74):

Nodwick takes mild umbrage at the Ymid's suggestion that The Greater Powers- the Gods- would be capricious, but suspects the particular phrasing would describe someone under a divine curse. The ymid being an outsider, might not mean that it percieved this anamoly as being recent... the curse might be an ancient one.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:43, Sun 29 Apr 2018.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 336 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Tue 24 Apr 2018
at 04:36
Near the bone gate
"You infer that a greater power, such as one of the gods, has decided to randomly infuse their power into someone on this plane like a fickle child? Using their prerogative to indiscriminately freeze a person beyond death, but with a semblance of life still remaining, driving their body?"

With his forhead wrinkled in thought, Nodwin shakes his head in disagreement.

"Nay, the true gods do not behave with such arbitrary comportment. They may react to sudden changes in ways we mortals may not understand, but more than that, they make very long term plans, often beyond our ken. This sounds more like what may be some sort of curse, possibly done by an unearthed artifact, by a failed ritual, or as a penalty for someone who challanged one of the gods. Whatever it is, it is not random.

"Let me rest for a while, then we can go take a look and see if we can find an  answer to the mystery."
Ymid
 NPC, 23 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 02:55
Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 76):

image of several small humanoids fighting with eachother in an uncoordinated manner, while something vast and shapeless beyond them does nothing. The humanoids age and waste away, are replaced by others that seem to build things white others rip them apart or continue fighting. Eventually they fade away.... and then the vast thing starts to move."


Fright checks all, Nodwin, make a theology roll.
Clarence Montague
 player, 109 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 29 Apr 2018
at 08:50
Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 77):

Clarence e had been trying to ignore the strange conversation for good reason: it was very unsettling. Perhaps this is why the latest images, though unsettling, did not push him over the line, though it was as close as he ever wanted to go. He continued to look for distractions, ostensibly looking for food for his new friend.
Brodak
 player, 293 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 01:25
Near the bone gate
Brodak can’t seem to comprehend the picture he has seen... he shrugs.
Mellarill
 player, 165 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 01:29
Near the bone gate
Mellarill backs away, her eyes big... What the fuck did that mean?
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 325 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 01:33
Near the bone gate
Jocelyn grimaces, Looks like what I was speaking of to me,...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1380 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 06:20
Near the bone gate
"Eh, looks like t'e gods to me..."



OOC: 02:17, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Will 15, Fright Check.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 687 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 30 Apr 2018
at 09:05
Near the bone gate
Mario is shaken by the volume of mental contact and goes quiet.
Narrator
 GM, 5125 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 2 May 2018
at 18:53
Near the bone gate
Mario and Mellarill are on edge, and Mellarill  tries to wipe the vision from her eyes, but amorphous shapes seem to move in the shadows behind everything.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 688 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 2 May 2018
at 22:54
Near the bone gate
Shaking his head vigorously, Mario moves away from Ymid, keeping his bow at the ready and darting his gaze around the room.
Mellarill
 player, 166 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Thu 3 May 2018
at 00:17
Near the bone gate
Mellarill slings her bow and draws her sword and buckler...  crouching on the balls of her feet and ready to swing in any direction.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1381 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 4 May 2018
at 01:55
Near the bone gate
"This is why I drink."

Jareth reaches into his coat and pulls out his flask, tipping it towards Mel.  "T'ey ain't nothin but after images in yer mind.  Take sip, take t'e edge off."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:12, Fri 04 May 2018.

Mellarill
 player, 167 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 4 May 2018
at 02:32
Near the bone gate
Whut? they's shit movin' about ...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 338 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Fri 4 May 2018
at 04:01
Near the bone gate
"Yes, I admit that the gods don't always interfere in our lives, but that is fine. These are our lives, not theirs. If they constantly used their powers then this entire world would probably not last long, after all there are many gods that hate each other. It is much better for all that those of us that represent our patrons do our best to show the world what our gods means and to encourage following the right ones, not the wrong ones.

Sure there are other creatures that are from higher planes than us that have vast powers and may use those powers capriciously, but they are not gods!

Maybe that is who you are infering about."

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 689 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 4 May 2018
at 08:52
Near the bone gate
Still continually looking around the room, Mario pauses long enough to reply.  "How are we supposed to tell these not-gods from gods?  Or are you talking about devils and demons?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1382 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 4 May 2018
at 19:11
Near the bone gate
"Ya can't.  Well, maybe.  Okay, is like this...  T'e gods, as I ken it, are of this world, or made this world, or are this world, ya know whatever t'e religion preaches, an t'ey all preach different shit, no offense Nodwin, but t'e elder things?  T'e Jaehossi Uēpossi, t'ey from outside t'e world.  Beyond.  Eh... so t'ey get weird.  Not like 'demon talkin backwards' weird, or Ludlow's spell weird, but like people turnin inside out an still livin just fine weird.  Like magic stuff happenin without any magic bein used weird.  Does that make sense?  Probably not."

Jareth rubs his forehead, takes a hit from the flask and stows it.  "Most people ain't able to tell t'e difference between t'e gods an outside powers, or demons or angels  an outside powers.  But t'ey is a difference an it can be profound, like 'an we can't kill this thing' type of serious.  But mostly the difference is motivation.  Evil gods an demons bring harm cause t'ey are evil an doing evil is what t'ey do.  Right?  But t'e elder powers... t'ey ain't got t'e same motivation.  T'e do shit an it can be good or bad for us, an t'ey ain't likely to even notice.  Like whatever happens here is a side effect of whatever t'ey doing.  Well, hang that, except for t'e ones that is tryin to break in an wreck shit here cause t'ey are hungry or something.  Or want to make everything in flowers, or whatever."

He looks as if he's about to haul out the flask again, but doesn't.

"Basically t'e outer things is crazy pants as far as we concerned.  For your level of needin to figure it out?  Just treat 'em like gods, give 'em deference or disgust or distance as needed an not worry about it.  Worryin too much leads to madness an excessive drinkin."
Clarence Montague
 player, 110 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 4 May 2018
at 22:56
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 91):

"Yeah, that last sentence is abort the only one I get, and what I have been putting into practice..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 690 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 5 May 2018
at 13:47
Near the bone gate
"Hmm.  How much does one of those flasks cost, and what do you keep in it?" Mario shakes his head sharply again, still glancing suddenly in different directions at the slightest sound or movement.

"This is worse than trying to make sense of those conundrums the Brothers used to argue over.  Stuff like a man who always lies, and says he's lying.  Things that aren't either gods or demons, but the only real way to tell 'em is whether what they're doing makes sense.  That looks to require a bit too much of looking at what they're doing for comfort."
Ymid
 NPC, 24 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sat 5 May 2018
at 19:17
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 93):

"I am restored, and interested in the anamoly" disturbing image of four dimensional diagram of colored lines moving and intersecting in a way that doesn't seem right. Multiple lines of red intersect the figure, which is full of something pale bluish and gelatinous. Instead of the red lines tinting the interior color, or causing it to leak out, it instead becomes more intensely blue, and the outlying figure now has reddish spines.
Clarence Montague
 player, 111 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 5 May 2018
at 23:15
Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 94):

"So, in short, can he tell us what we are dealing with and how to deal with it? I am not used to anyone being in my head except me..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 692 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 6 May 2018
at 22:31
Near the bone gate
"Ooow!  That makes my eyes hurt even though I'm not really seeing it -- but it also reminds me some way of that guy we found chained up near the otyugh pits."  He shakes his head sharply again, then addresses Ymid.  "Are you talking about a man who doesn't die, no matter how he's wounded?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1384 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Mon 7 May 2018
at 05:16
Near the bone gate
"Right, Nodwin, you rested up?  Mel, you gonna be okay?"
Mellarill
 player, 168 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Mon 7 May 2018
at 15:38
Near the bone gate
I'll manage if he keeps his damned thoughts to himself...
Ymid
 NPC, 26 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 7 May 2018
at 20:11
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 96):

"What is percieved is the anamolous energy transfer. The form is unknown to me."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 695 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 7 May 2018
at 21:49
Near the bone gate
"So, then, all we have to do is sort out what energy transfer is anomalous, in comparison to the way you perceive normal magic."  Mario shakes his head sharply once again.  "Easy.  If we had any way to perceive this energy, or any idea what you consider anomalous.  Can you help us by pointing toward the anomaly?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 339 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Tue 8 May 2018
at 04:43
Near the bone gate
Assuming enough time has passed while resting and engaged in discussion.

"I think we can continue on. I must admit to being curious now to find out exactly what this is all about."
Clarence Montague
 player, 113 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 8 May 2018
at 06:20
Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 101):

"I must confess to a little curiosity and a whole lot of rational concern that this is way beyond our ability to handle it!"
Ymid
 NPC, 27 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 8 May 2018
at 22:12
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 100):

"It exists in this plane, in this juncture in the time stream, and somewhere within walking distance."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 696 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 8 May 2018
at 23:01
Near the bone gate
"Well, that narrows it down, to just about the entire city and undercity.  Can you be more specific at all?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1385 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 9 May 2018
at 06:54
Near the bone gate
"Back down t'e spider tunnels?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 697 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 9 May 2018
at 08:55
Near the bone gate
"Well, he was down there.  Mel doesn't like killing spiders, though, and I can only shoot so fast."
Clarence Montague
 player, 114 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 9 May 2018
at 09:48
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 106):

"Maybe my friend cn convince them to let us pass peacefully. Better for all..."
Mellarill
 player, 169 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Wed 9 May 2018
at 22:21
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 106):

Fuck I don't... just don't want to waste arrows, an they might be sentient.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 698 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 9 May 2018
at 22:33
Near the bone gate
"Too bad you're not left-handed, you could stand next to me and we could both draw from my never-empty quiver.  Might take a little practice to get the rhythm worked out, though."
Mellarill
 player, 170 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Wed 9 May 2018
at 23:21
Near the bone gate
Cool idea, but yeah we'd have to work the shit out ...
Narrator
 GM, 5157 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 May 2018
at 20:07
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 110):
Jareth does recall the route to the wounded man...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1387 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Thu 17 May 2018
at 04:28
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
Jareth does recall the route to the wounded man...

OOC:  No doubt, but what does that have to do with this mission?

This message was last edited by the player at 04:29, Thu 17 May 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5170 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 17 May 2018
at 23:43
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 112):

The Ymid is looking for something anamolous, and there ain't nothing regular about him.... also something like him was in Ludlow's tarot reading...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1389 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 18 May 2018
at 04:00
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
The Ymid is looking for something anamolous, and there ain't nothing regular about him.... also something like him was in Ludlow's tarot reading...

OOC:  Is it in the correct direction?

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 702 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 18 May 2018
at 09:12
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: You did say he might be the result of a Wish gone wrong, Jareth.
Ymid
 NPC, 28 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sun 20 May 2018
at 14:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 115):

The Ymid had made a vague gesture in the appropriate direction.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 703 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 20 May 2018
at 20:36
Re: Near the bone gate
"Seems as close to a straight answer as we're likely to get."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1393 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Mon 21 May 2018
at 22:51
Re: Near the bone gate
"Look like ya kenned it right Mario, Ymid may be talkin about our 'Morag the Undying'."

Jareth starts off in 'that direction', "If so, t'ere be t'e easier way to get to him, eh?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 115 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 21 May 2018
at 23:49
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 118):

Clarence, frustrated at not finding food for his friend, is glad to follow Gareth.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 340 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Tue 22 May 2018
at 04:36
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin is content to stay in the middle of the pack, keeping a wary eye on their surroundings.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 704 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 22 May 2018
at 08:50
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario assumes his usual position, behind point, bow ready.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1395 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 22 May 2018
at 22:38
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  Note, we're going the other way to get to the Undying guy.  Not past the spoders.
Narrator
 GM, 5193 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 May 2018
at 20:18
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 122):

You head out toward the gate (bronze, not bone) that leads toward the corridor that had the dead orc and the spiral stair down near it...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1397 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 29 May 2018
at 18:17
Re: Near the bone gate
... and we're walking...


OOC: unless something comes up I doubt any of us are going to make too much small talk.

I figure our 'marching order', if we maintain one, is likely Brodak and then Jareth or Mel (does Mel have good Per?  And a Traps skill?) up front; then Clarence, Charlene (lighter and fighter), and Mel or Jareth (whichever wasn't up front); then a trail of Nodwin, Ymid, Jocelyn (in whatever 'order'), and finally Mario keeping the rear lines clear?

Sound good to everyone?

Mellarill
 player, 172 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Tue 29 May 2018
at 18:48
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 124):

Yeah, I got pretty good perception, that's how I know all these guys are trying to get in my breech clout.
Clarence Montague
 player, 116 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 29 May 2018
at 20:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 125):

Yep, sounds good, though Clarence might be a little distracted looking for spidey food...though that could conceivably be anything that moves and is not part of the party, per se!
Smol spoder
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 30 May 2018
at 14:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 126):

The spoder scuttles closer to Clarence, looking to keep distance from the Ymid.

This message was last updated by the player at 14:02, Wed 30 May 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 704 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 30 May 2018
at 09:15
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario lets the others pass, then picks up as Tail End Charlie, glancing over his shoulder frequently and keeping to the right of the tunnel (so his left arm is free to swing his bow rearward if needed).

He shakes his head at Mel's misanthropy, but decides not to argue.

This message was last updated by the player at 09:15, Wed 30 May 2018.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1399 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 30 May 2018
at 04:22
Re: Near the bone gate
Mellarill:
Yeah, I got pretty good perception...

OOC:  Yes, but does Mel have Traps?  Or a high enough Per to soak a -5 penalty with ease?
Narrator
 GM, 5213 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 30 May 2018
at 14:14
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 129):

There is a faint scuttling sound in the distance...
Mellarill
 player, 173 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Wed 30 May 2018
at 17:40
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 129):

No & No....
Clarence Montague
 player, 117 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 30 May 2018
at 20:32
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 131):

Clarence will move forward with the light to illuminate the source of the sound...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1402 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 30 May 2018
at 20:58
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth moves back to give Mel space to move up next to Brodak.
Mellarill
 player, 174 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Wed 30 May 2018
at 22:07
Re: Near the bone gate
She nocks an arrow and moves up behind Brodak
rat bastid
 player, 22 posts
 eek
 ROUS
Thu 31 May 2018
at 21:26
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 134):

A number of oversized rats are scrabbling toward you. When they see Clarence's light they pause.
Mellarill
 player, 175 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Thu 31 May 2018
at 22:03
Re: Near the bone gate
Mell draws a bead and fires at the lead rat's vitals...
Clarence Montague
 player, 118 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 1 Jun 2018
at 01:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 136):

"Oh, look, spidey! Food!"

He swings with the lantern, but misses, sending shadows scurrying around the room in spectacular fashion.
Smol spoder
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 21:25
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 137):

The oversize arachnid scuttles over on the ceiling, then springs onto one of the rats and bites it in the neck. It twiches, and then is as still as the one Mellarill shot. Two other rats flee.

This message was last updated by the player at 21:25, Wed 06 June 2018.

Clarence Montague
 player, 119 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 02:50
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol Spoder (msg # 138):

"There, Mel. Happy with him having that for lunch?"

He moves the light around to make sure there are no more.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:25, Wed 06 June 2018.

Mellarill
 player, 176 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sun 3 Jun 2018
at 03:11
Re: Near the bone gate
No fuckin' problem as long as it's rats he is eating.

She'll go pull her arrow to see if it is reusable.
Narrator
 GM, 5230 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Jun 2018
at 21:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 140):

One of Mel's arrows is good.

The spoder is encasing the rat in silk.  The Ymid watches the process with interest.
Clarence Montague
 player, 120 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 06:26
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 141):

"Oh, a cut lunch basket! How nice." Clarence comments, also watching the process.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1405 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 06:42
Re: Near the bone gate
"Okay, we let Clarence's new... friend finish preppin it's take home meal an t'en we move out yah?"

Jareth looks around to gauge everyone's take on this... "muffled inquisitive squeak?"

"Yes, t'e spoder wrappin t'e 'poor innocent rat what didn' do nuffin'."

"muffled trepidatious d'ooking?"

"No, don't seem like it lookin in this direction.  But wit all t'em eyes, ya never ken."

The pocket flap rustles and Akimbo squeezes his head out.  "Squeak-d'ook-d'ook-squeakity-squeak-d'ook!"

"Yeah, I'n sure ya could take it in a fair fight, 'course ya won't fight fair, ya never do," Jareth reaches his hand down to keep the pocket tightly shut and keep Akimbo in line.

"Confident squeak-chirrup-squeak-with lots of d'ooking."

"No really?  Never mentioned ya had a previous master."

"Boastful squeaking, just really prideful chitters."

"Izzat so?  Funny.  That's t'e exact plot of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi."

"Indignant d'ook!"

"Really?  Now ya can't read?  Ya were readin fine t'e ot'er day t'e alchemist shoppe.  Quite keen on that jar o' pickled scarabs."

"Very indigant mutter!"

"Maybe, maybe ya could smell 'em through t'e glass, an t'e beeswax seal, an all t'e brine... maybe."

Akimbo pulls his head back into the pocket with a "sharply angry squeak!"

"Oh aye, all t'e troubles an travails o' t'e world, great hassle being kept by me..."

"annoyed muffled muttering."

"Right, right, ya ain't been kept, yer keepin me."  He pats the pocket to settle any ruffled feelings.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:43, Thu 07 June 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 705 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 08:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario lets out a snicker, then looks carefully back the (short) way we've come.
Narrator
 GM, 5237 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 7 Jun 2018
at 13:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 144):

The way behind is clear, with no sign of pursuit by spoders, although the rats might have been lurking near the room where you had previously found the dead orc.
Clarence Montague
 player, 121 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 00:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 145):

When the spider is finished wrapping the meal, Clarence will offer to carry it, suggesting  quick snack on the other rat before they go...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1407 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 03:23
Re: Near the bone gate
"Unless t'ese spoders vastly different from spiders, t'ey don't eat by takin 'quick bites'... 'e's gonna be slurpin that to go meal like soup later.  But might want bring t'e other one along anyway.  For much later maybe."

Regardless, Brodak*, Jareth, and Mel* take point again...



* Just presuming.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 341 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Fri 8 Jun 2018
at 05:02
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin just grins while observing everything, this interaction is a wonderful example of how various races can get along without killing each other for no reason.

His thoughts darken as he thinks about certain other creatures they have encountered, of course Vejovis acknowledges that when needed, judicious killing is appropriate, and as a faithful follower, Nodwin is always ready to smite evil. Caressing his flaming staff, he calms his thoughts and murmurs a quick prayer.
Ymid
 NPC, 29 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 11 Jun 2018
at 19:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 148):

With the package secured, and the path clear of rats, the Ymid looks about, his fungal bat creature perched on the end of his staff.

"Anamoly is proximate.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1410 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 06:42
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth Mooncalled:
Regardless, Brodak*, Jareth, and Mel* take point again...



* Just presuming.

OOC:  As already noted, in case any one wants to chime in otherwise.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 706 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 09:19
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario waits, watching behind, for the rest of the party to resume moving.
Brodak
 player, 294 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Tue 12 Jun 2018
at 19:44
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 150):

Brodak and Mel are up front...
Narrator
 GM, 5246 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 00:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 152):

The halls echoe with dripping water, in the distance you can hear chains rattle.
Clarence Montague
 player, 122 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 15 Jun 2018
at 02:51
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 153):

Clarence and his friend follow those in the lead, holding the light high.
Narrator
 GM, 5250 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 14:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 154):

Occ waiting on movement to give next description... you are down the hall from the area with the rusty cart and where the dead orc was, and up the hall from where the chained door is.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1412 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sat 16 Jun 2018
at 19:31
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  With nothing more to go on than 'chains rattling', I expect we continue forward.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:32, Sat 16 June 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5259 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 03:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 156):

The metal bound double doors with the rusted chains holding them shut. Rattle, and something moves behind them, occasionally slamming into them.
You hear metal scrape, and incoherent muttering.
Clarence Montague
 player, 124 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 03:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 157):

Clarence will move forward, holding the light  aloft to illuminate the source of the movement and, hopefully, the muttering.
The wounded man
 NPC, 3 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 04:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 158):

Between the doors,a space about six inches wide, you can see bits if a nude man with weapons piercing his flesh.
Clarence Montague
 player, 125 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 06:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to The wounded man (msg # 159):

"Uhh, are you OK? Should we pull some of those weapons out?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 707 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 11:20
Re: Near the bone gate
"He didn't seem coherent the last time we passed here, but we didn't spend much time -- we were transporting a barrel of rot worms, squid, and dead cats."
Clarence Montague
 player, 126 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 12:18
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 161):

"Well, maybe if we pulled all the weapons out of him he might be better..."

Clarence looks for a way to do so, but it seems he will have to open the doors first. He will try to give them a push/pull, depending on which way they open.
Brodak
 player, 295 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 14:01
Re: Near the bone gate
No Open ... man Crazy
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1413 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 19:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"Yeah, he's got a right proper sword through his skull.  Okay, like we discussed, repeatin fer Clarence an Charlene's sake, we need immobilize him, t'en heal him.  Least that's t'e theory, right."

Jareth drags Akimbo out of his pocket and perches him on Mario's shoulder.  "Mario, Mel, Akimbo, keep a a look out, jump in if ya gotsa.  I figure if me, Brodak, mostly Brodak, an Clarence rush t'e immortal an grab his arms and pin him down, Nodwin an Jocelyn can pull out t'e weapons, an t'en Nodwin can lay on a heal or two.  Take t'e wind out his crazy sails.  Meanwhile, Ymid can study t'e phenomenon an report what happenin t'e supernatural side.

Right?  Less either you or Jocelyn got sleep spell, Nodwin?

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 326 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 19:46
Re: Near the bone gate
Not me ...
Clarence Montague
 player, 127 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 17 Jun 2018
at 20:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 165):

Clarence leans the light nearby and prepares to assist as Jareth has outlined.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 342 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 04:58
Re: Near the bone gate
"I am afraid that Vejovis has not given me the power to put him to sleep."

Thinking back on their last encounter. "I hope this is a good idea and that it works. I don't know if healing will help an immortal, unnatural creature that seems to ignore numerous weapons impaling it. I am willing to try of course.
Vejovis' will be done."

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 708 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 08:59
Re: Near the bone gate
"Mel, you watch that way, I'll keep this covered.  And Akimbo, you just let us know if it looks like we're missing something."
Narrator
 GM, 5268 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 15:25
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 168):

The chain remains locked. While the man holds a sword, he has no armor and

Only seems to be slamming himself into the door.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1414 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 18:03
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth slips his lockpicks out and starts on the lock.  "Brodak, get ready, your t'e center.  Clarence, go for his left arm, I'll grab his right."


"Hang on, this might take a minute."


OOC:  14:02, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 13 using 3d6.  Lockpicking 12.
Clarence Montague
 player, 128 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 18 Jun 2018
at 20:32
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 170):

Clarence gets ready to grab the mans arm...
The wounded man
 NPC, 4 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 17:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 170):

The lock being cheap opens despite the clumsy attempt. Almost immediately, the man within slams into the door, knocking Jareth over onto his back, and he stumbles out into the light.

He is bleeding copiously from a number of wounds, has been run through with several weapons:
 a shortsword, a thrusting broadsword, a spear, two arrows, an axe and a pair of knives.

 He seems to be massively strong, and is clutching a thrusting broadsword of surprisingly good quality.
Brodak
 player, 296 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 17:48
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak holds his shield up and attempts to plow into him and knock him flat, falling on top of him if successful.
The wounded man
 NPC, 5 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 17:53
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 173):

Brodak is startled to find that his shield is now stuck to the man!
Brodak
 player, 297 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 18:04
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to The wounded man (msg # 174):

ooc - OK, But is he still standing or down?
Clarence Montague
 player, 129 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 22:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 175):

Clarence will attempt to pull a weapon out of him, to show intent.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 709 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 20 Jun 2018
at 22:48
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario is unable to resist watching over his shoulder as the noisy activity goes on.  He does remember to glance down the tunnel ever few seconds, but the bulk of his attention is on Brodak, Jareth, and the wounded man.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 343 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 00:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin is prepared to cast a healing spell, but he is waiting until some of the weapons are removed, if that is even possible.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1415 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Fri 22 Jun 2018
at 06:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth shifts around and makes a grab at his leg (or if was knocked down, at an arm).




OOC:  All Out Attack (Determined)

02:08, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 6 using 3d6.  Grab at limb -1, DX 10, +4 AOA (D); skill 13.

The wounded man
 NPC, 6 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 13:07
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 179):

Grabbing at a weapon is a DX-1 to DX-3 roll, depending on size (spear vs dagger or arrow). The wounded man was strong enough to resist being knocked over, but Brodak may be able to steer him over to the wall and pin him, giving a +2 to the others while holding him.

Jareth grabbed his left hand, and has a decent grip on it for the moment,
Clarence missed his grab.

Wrestling is the ideal skill for pinning him.
Brodak
 player, 299 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 14:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak atte.mpts to slam the man against the wall.
Narrator
 GM, 5287 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 15:18
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 181):

You can feel him ready to break free, as he is slightly stronger than you, nut for the moment he is pinned.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1416 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 19:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth hauls himself up to his knees hanging on to the wounded man's arm to maintain the hold.




OOC:  Side note, which arm does Jareth have?  His weapon holding arm or his free arm?
Clarence Montague
 player, 130 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 22:37
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 183):

Clarence attempt to wrestle him, but is really more the sideshow...

"Spidey, perhaps a cobweb wrapped around him...from a distance...would help?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 710 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 22:54
Re: Near the bone gate
"Jocelyn or Mel, someone watch down this way; they need help."

Mario gently tosses his bow into a corner and unslings his staff.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 327 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 27 Jun 2018
at 23:12
Re: Near the bone gate
I'll watch, Mario ...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 344 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Thu 28 Jun 2018
at 03:29
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin watches closely, but he doesn't know what to do, since the weapons are still puncturing the man.

"You guys can do it, he doesn't look so tough." He tries to encourage them.
The wounded man
 NPC, 7 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 13:51
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 187):

With Brodak's Shiel stuck to his left shoulder, and a semiprone Jareth holding his left hand, He is still able to swing his sword,
Clarence punctured his hand on an arrow protruding from the man's side
(2pts, make a HT roll)
Brodak, try to dodge, your shield prevents a block, although its defensive bonus and Jareth holding him impeded his swing. Fail to dodge and take 7pts cutting before DR!
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 711 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 14:21
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario moves in with his staff, ready to parry the wounded man's sword on behalf of whomever he might swing at.

"Hey, guy!  We're here to help!"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1417 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 17:26
Re: Near the bone gate
The wounded man:
... although its defensive bonus and Jareth holding him impeded his swing.

OOC:  Don't forget, he's also swinging in Close Combat.  With a reach 1-2 weapon that's -8!  If he is holding it in a defensive grip it's -4.
Clarence Montague
 player, 131 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 30 Jun 2018
at 23:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 190):

Clarence curses and pauses, trying to evaluate before doing that again...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 345 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 00:21
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin studies the fellow as best he can during the wrestling match. Attempting to see if he could figure anything out about him besides the obvious weapons sticking out.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1418 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sun 1 Jul 2018
at 06:44
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth hauls himself to his feet, maintaining his grip on the wounded guy's arm.
Narrator
 GM, 5301 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 01:00
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 192):

There is no normal way he should be alive as he is.

The wounded thing is making all out strong attacks, and has a surprising amount of skill.

He is facing additional penalties for the restraint of the shield and Jareth, who needs to roll ST by 3 or better to keep that hold. Brodak can still duck.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1419 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 02:12
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: 22:11, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Maintaining Grab, ST 6 (9-3).
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 712 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 09:08
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario steps up and strikes at the wounded man's sword, seeking to disarm.
Narrator
 GM, 5305 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 16:04
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 196):

Jareth loses his grip...
And the swird gies flying!
Clarence Montague
 player, 132 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 3 Jul 2018
at 23:37
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 197):

Clarence, having observed for s bit, tries to grab him.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 713 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 01:31
Re: Near the bone gate
With the sword removed from the wounded man's grip, Mario sweeps at the man's legs with his staff.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1420 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Thu 5 Jul 2018
at 02:39
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth grabs at his arm again, if nothing else to slow the wounded man down, and he shouts, "Pile in Clarence!"





OOC: 22:37, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Grab at limb -1, DX 10, +4 AOA (D); skill 13.
The wounded man
 NPC, 7 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 20:31
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 199):

The staff adheres to his legs!

Clarence made a grab for an arm, but needs to dodge to avoid getting a knife pount in his hand.

What exactly is Jareth (still on the ground) reaching for?

This message was last updated by the player at 20:31, Sun 08 July 2018.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 328 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 20:57
Re: Near the bone gate
Ymid, can you eliminate the anomaly?

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:46, Wed 11 July 2018.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1421 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Sun 8 Jul 2018
at 22:59
Re: Near the bone gate
The wounded man:
What exactly is Jareth (still on the ground) reaching for?

OOC:  Jareth spent two rounds Changing Position, ground to kneeling (msg #182), then kneeling to standing (msg #193), I should hope he's standing at this point?  And as the message says, the wounded man's arm is the target of his Grab.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 714 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 9 Jul 2018
at 09:11
Re: Near the bone gate
"My staff is stuck!"  With a grunt, Mario tries to use the staff's leverage to pull the man's legs out from under him.
Clarence Montague
 player, 133 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 10 Jul 2018
at 02:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 204):

Clarence is apparently still learning the benefit of dodging, and has a knife prick to add to the incentive...
The wounded man
 NPC, 8 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 00:44
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 205):

Clarence takes a point of cutting damage.

Jareth has siezed a wrist, but make a dodge roll to avoid a weapon!

The wounded man resists falling over, but Mario is able to rip his staff away; the wounded man is now bleeding from scrapes on his shins where the staff has stuck. He looks surprised.

Brodak needs to test his strength to keep the man pinned to the wall.
Ymid
 NPC, 30 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 00:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 202):

The Ymid leans in to watch the melee
"Fascinating!"
Brodak
 player, 300 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 02:15
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak keeps struggling with the man...

This message was last edited by the player at 02:16, Wed 11 July 2018.

Clarence Montague
 player, 134 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 02:30
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 208):

"This is not working, and is only hurting me. The weapons seem magically stuck to him...the mages need to do something about that first!"

He steps back.

"Spidy, can you tie him up in a web?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 346 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 03:39
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin throws his hands up in the air. "I don't know what we can do if all weapons stick to him.  Let us see what a little healing does to him. Maybe he'll stop being belligerent."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1422 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 04:51
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth get's stabbed or cut or smacked!

"Clarence, get t'e rope!  You an Mario an Nodwin tie him up!"



OOC:  00:40, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Dodge 8.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 715 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 11 Jul 2018
at 09:16
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario drops his staff (along the wall, out of the way) and pulls a coil of rope from his belt.  "Got rope."  He swiftly ties a slipknot at one end, and expands the loop to be a yard across.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 347 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 01:36
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin also sets his staff aside out of the way, allowing the flames to finally go out.  He reaches for the rope to assist in tying him up.
Clarence Montague
 player, 135 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 01:38
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 213):

"With all the blades in him, I am not sure it will help much..."

He lends what help he can regardless...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 716 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 12 Jul 2018
at 08:48
Re: Near the bone gate
"Nodwin, when I get the loop on him, you start wrapping him up.  This isn't going to be pretty, we just need to immobilize his arms and then his legs."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 348 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Sun 15 Jul 2018
at 22:16
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ok, I'll start wrapping the rope around him when you give it to me."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 718 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 09:07
Re: Near the bone gate
Watching the ongoing scrum, Mario tries to pick a good time to drop the rope loop over the wounded man's head.
Brodak
 player, 301 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 17:40
Re: Near the bone gate
Not Hang Man!
The wounded man
 NPC, 9 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 18:58
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 217):
The noose catches instead on the hadle of an axe protruding from his shoulder. (Straight DX, -4 to target head, -2 due to protruding  weapons)


His footing is unsteady, and Brodak has him pinned to the wall. Numerous weapon handles are sticking out of him...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1425 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 21:14
Re: Near the bone gate
Having a hold of the guy, Jareth tries to grab for a weapon handle.




OOC:  Attack, grabbing for a weapon handle.

17:11, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 6 using 3d6.  Default Grab 10.

Narrator, Jareth was 'hit' by a weapon in msg #206 and failed to dodge in msg #211.  How much damage did it do and to what?

This message was last edited by the player at 14:54, Tue 17 July 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 719 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 16 Jul 2018
at 22:12
Re: Near the bone gate
Taking the opportunity, Mario pulls the loop tight on the axe handle, then tosses a bight over the opposite shoulder to get the rope behind the man.  He hands the rest of the coil off to Nodwin.  "There's a start.  See if you can't draw his legs together."

Once Nodwin has the rope, Mario jumps in to try to catch the wounded man's now-empty sword hand.
Narrator
 GM, 5339 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 21:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 220):

Jareth took a cut to the arm (2 points), and as a grip on the handle of a shortsword.

ST check to pull out

Mario hands Nodwin the rope, which is looped around the axehandle, and around the side he is looking to grab. It might be easier to grab the spear sticking out of him than his hand.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1426 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 22:31
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth lets go of the guy's wrist and firmly grasps the shortsword giving it his all...





OOC:  "Hey Akimbo, watch me pull a shortsword out of this guy's torso!"

"Oh Jareth, that trick never works."

18:25, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Pulling out shortsword, ST 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 720 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 17 Jul 2018
at 22:40
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario, maneuvering around the rope, takes the opportunity to grab at the spear haft when it presents itself.
The wounded man
 NPC, 10 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 18 Jul 2018
at 17:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 224):

Jareth still has a grip on the sword handle, but his tug made the wounded man twitch, causing the spear to dart out of Mario's hand.

Clarence has space to act, and nodwin has the rope tied to the axe handle.

Instead of attacking, the wounded man tries to reach for his sword...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1427 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Wed 18 Jul 2018
at 22:24
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth throws in with Brodak and tries to use the sword as leverage to help keep the wounded man pinned.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 721 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 18 Jul 2018
at 22:35
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario makes another grab for the spear shaft.  Seeing the wounded man's reach, he calls out "Someone grab his sword!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:36, Wed 18 July 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5342 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 00:34
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 227):

ST check to pull out the spear.

Ditto for Nodwinand the axe.

Jareth is adding to the control Brodak is using, ST check from each of you
Brodak
 player, 302 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 01:43
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak continues to struggle to hold the man down...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 329 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 01:45
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn sees the pinned man struggle for his word... she moves some nad chants, causing the sword to slide over next to her, but she does not touch it.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1428 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 01:51
Re: Near the bone gate
With a grunt of effort Jareth throws everything he has into holding the wounded man still, and then some.



OOC:  Spending 1 FP for Extra Effort.

21:45, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Extra Effort ST, Will 15.

21:48, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  ST 12 (9 + 3 Extra Effort), helping to pin wounded man.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 349 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 04:53
Re: Near the bone gate
Attempting to pull the axe handle further around, Nodwin's hands begin to slip. It is hard to hold onto with all the struggling going on.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:54, Thu 19 July 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 722 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 08:48
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario gets a grip on the spear haft and yanks!
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 330 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 19 Jul 2018
at 15:47
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn looks at the sword, then again moves her hands and one foot as she mumbles something. A sparkly golden glow appears around the sword for a moment.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 350 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 02:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin lunges forward, desperate to firm up his grip. Grabbing it better, he attempts to carry it around to pin the man better.
Clarence Montague
 player, 137 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 20 Jul 2018
at 06:24
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 235):

Clarence grabs the rope and tries to hook it around an axe or spear or arrow...
The wounded man
 NPC, 11 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 18:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 236):

Clarence and Nodwin rip the axe out, and the wounded man starts bleeding heavily from the wound.

Mario yanks the spear free, and gouts of blood spew from it.

The sword that had been pried from its hand is magical.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 723 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 20:35
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario discards the spear butt first in the same general direction as his staff, then steps back in to grab for the man's sword arm.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 331 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 22 Jul 2018
at 21:02
Re: Near the bone gate
Ymid, Can you determine what magic has been cast upon this sword?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1429 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 24 Jul 2018
at 05:30
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth continues aiding Brodak in keeping the guy pinned against the wall.
Ymid
 NPC, 32 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 20:55
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 240):

Mario gets an amazingly good grip on his wrist. The man is completely pinned.

The alien sorcerer leans over the weapon.
"There has been considerable enchantment here. Some typical enhancement, allowing for greater impact with the strike, and there was an enormous investment of power, now spent... wait, there is still something in one of the lesser jewels. Not as great as the other was, yet considerable."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 332 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 22:40
Re: Near the bone gate
No surprise, is that what made this man crazy?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1430 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 05:59
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  How many weapons are piercing the guy through the cranium?
The wounded man
 NPC, 12 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 13:56
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 243):
He has a Shortsword in his gead. Also a dagger, two knives, two arrows, a crossbow bolt and a longsword pierce his torso, thigh and upper arm.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1431 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 4/10
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 18:38
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth makes a desperate and obvious grab for the shortsword stuck in the wounded guy's head.





OOC:  All Out Attack (Determined), Telegraphed, Grabbing shortsword.

14:35, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  AOA(D), Telegraphed Grab at shortsword,  DX 14 (10+4+4-4).

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 724 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 22:39
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario concentrates on keeping his grip on the wounded man's sword arm.  "Clarence, Nodwin, try to grab something and pull it out of him."
Narrator
 GM, 5370 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:33
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 245):

Jareth has a solid grip on the blade, and needs to pull it out...

ST check
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1432 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 07:47
Re: Near the bone gate
With a mighty* heave Jareth yanks on the sword...



* If by 'mighty' we mean 'noodle armed'.

OOC:  03:42, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 15 using 3d6.  Extra Effort ST, Will 15.  Spends 1 FP
Ahh, bloody terrible roll.

03:44, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  ST 9 (9 + 1 Extra Effort), pulling a sword out of his head.
Even worse.  /sad trombone

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 351 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Thu 2 Aug 2018
at 02:46
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin agrees and reaches down quickly, grabbing a hold of the longsword sticking out of his torso. His first attempt to pull it out doesn't move the sword though.
The wounded man
 NPC, 13 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 00:13
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 249):

The wounded man is completely pinned, and Both Nodwin and Jareth maintain their grips on the swords.
Brodak is the strongest, and might be able to pull out weapons over his shield...
Brodak
 player, 303 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 02:30
Re: Near the bone gate
 to hold the man pinned with his shield... has the man's resistance lessened?
Narrator
 GM, 5375 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 4 Aug 2018
at 18:01
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 251):

Gripped from 4 places, he is completely controlled. Brodak can grab a weapon from him at DX-2
Brodak
 player, 305 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Sat 4 Aug 2018
at 18:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak tries to assist Jareth, but fails to grab the sword handle.
The wounded man
 NPC, 14 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 03:47
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 253):

The wounded man struggles, but as he is grasped by Clarence, pinned by Brodak, and impaled on the weapons Jareth and Nodwin are holding, there is little he can do, save froth at the mouth and mumble incoherently.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 352 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:13/13 HP:10/10
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 02:27
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin again attempts to pull out the sword he is holding, but he is unable to get it to budge.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1437 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 06:33
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth just keep s a hold of the sword, one part to help pin the wounded man and one part to keep himself from slumping to the floor in exhaustion.
Brodak
 player, 306 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 19:35
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak manages to get a grasp on the Sword and assists Jareth in pulling it out.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 727 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 22:58
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario examines the wounded man's sword arm, looking for arrows or daggers he might be able to reach without releasing his grip.

"Can anyone see if the wounds are healing after we pull the weapons out?"
Narrator
 GM, 5380 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:35
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 258):

-2 to grab something with off hand, jareth and brodak, make ST rolls at +2 for the assist, and the woulds are not healing.
Brodak
 player, 307 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 02:40
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 259):

Made ST quite comfortably...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1438 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 05:59
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth's noodlely sage arms fail him again!




OOC:  01:57, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  ST 11 (9+2).
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 728 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 09:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario grabs at the nearest protrusion with his left hand, while maintaining his grip with the right.
The wounded man
 NPC, 15 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 01:38
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 262):

Brodak rips the sword out of the man's head, and he starts bleeding heavily and twitching. Mario, 9ddly enough, finds himself holding on to the feathered end of an arrow...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 729 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 22:42
Re: Near the bone gate
Levering his left hand, holding the fletching of the arrow, against the right, holding the wounded man's sword hand, Mario wrenches at the arrow shaft.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1441 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 23:38
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth steps back to get a good look at the wounded man, to see exactly what is going on with him.





OOC:  Quick examination of wounded man.  Not sure which skill you want or what penalties you're applying.  At the roll Jareth succeeds Diagnosis, Esoteric Medicine, or Physiology (Elven) by 2.  He succeeds Occultism by 4 or Thaumatology by 3 (in case this twitching is the result of a curse).

19:30, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Unknown roll.  Quick examination of wounded man.


I'm perfectly willing to accept a "You can't figure it out yet, but if you keep examining him you might" result... and then Jareth will just sit out some more of the struggle and watch (not like he's lazy and looking for a reason to stop exerting himself... noooo).

Narrator
 GM, 5386 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 01:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 265):

With each weapon extracted, his superhuman strength and vigor fades... as if by the amount of damage the initial weapon would have done striking him.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1442 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 04:12
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  How many weapons are left in him?
Clarence Montague
 player, 138 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 17 Aug 2018
at 09:20
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 267):

Clarence, assisting in pinning him, keeps holding him as tightly as possible.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1443 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 06:34
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  Are the wounds remaining open?
Narrator
 GM, 5402 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 10:25
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 269):

He has seersl weapons in him, and the shield. The woubds from where weapons have been pulled, like Mario's arrow, are all bleeding freely.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1444 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 18:31
Re: Near the bone gate
"Nodwin, get ready to heal.  Everyone who ain't lookout, pull weapon out of him."


Jareth opens a pouch and pulls out his 'doctorin satchel'.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 353 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:11/13 HP:10/10
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 04:55
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin chants a quick prayer, attempting to see if a healing spell will work now that some of the weapons have been removed.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 730 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 09:30
Re: Near the bone gate
Continuing to maintain his grip on the man's sword arm, Mario once more grabs for any weapon in reach.
The wounded man
 NPC, 16 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 19:06
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 272):

The wounded man recoils at Nodwin's touch, and the flesh mortifies at the site.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 731 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 22:49
Re: Near the bone gate
"The Brothers used to say you could put down some undead with healing spells.  Could this guy be one of those?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 333 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 03:19
Re: Near the bone gate
Now that is interesting, but not comforting at all.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1445 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 24 Aug 2018
at 03:38
Re: Near the bone gate
"Probably cursed.  Keep pulling out weapons, I'll get ready to administer non-godly healing."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 732 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 24 Aug 2018
at 08:55
Re: Near the bone gate
"Aye."

Mario makes a grab for the nearest protruding weapon.
Clarence Montague
 player, 139 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 24 Aug 2018
at 09:47
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 278):

Clarence keeps holding him to stop him from causing harm.
Narrator
 GM, 5419 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 22:48
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 278):

Mariohas hold of a longsword running through the torso.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 733 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 27 Aug 2018
at 08:59
Re: Near the bone gate
"Okay, here goes nothing."

He gives the longsword a solid yank.
The wounded man
 NPC, 17 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Tue 28 Aug 2018
at 23:04
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 281):

The man flops against Brodak, largely weakened (only slightly stronger than Jareth at this point) Several weapons remain.
Clarence Montague
 player, 140 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 29 Aug 2018
at 01:55
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to The wounded man (msg # 282):

Clarence continues to restrain him, just in case.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 734 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 29 Aug 2018
at 09:15
Re: Near the bone gate
Seeing the apparent weakening, Mario locates another weapon to pull out and reaches for it.

"It's a race between undoing whatever happened when he got all these wounds, and killing him, isn't it?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 354 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:11/13 HP:10/10
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 05:25
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin watches carefully, ready to perform another healing once the next weapon is removed.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1446 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 18:55
Re: Near the bone gate
"Wait till sure all weapons be out'a him Nodwin.  Suspect that be how t'e curse work."




OOC:  Does he look 'restrained' enough to begin some first aid on him?
The wounded man
 NPC, 18 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 19:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 286):

The human pincushion currently has a knife, a large knife, a dagger, a bolt, and an arrow which Mario us grasping... and he is partially stuck to Brodak's shield as well.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1447 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 19:59
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:
The wounded man:
The human pincushion currently has a knife, a large knife, a dagger, a bolt, and an arrow which Mario us grasping... and he is partially stuck to Brodak's shield as well.

Does it look like the rope is sticking to him as well?

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 735 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 22:47
Re: Near the bone gate
"Either way, we're making progress."

Mario yanks at the arrow he's holding.
Brodak
 player, 311 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Thu 30 Aug 2018
at 23:40
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak pulls a Knife out with his free hand...
Narrator
 GM, 5430 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 17:10
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 290):

The arrow appears to be barbed... And the rope did no damage, so is not adhered.

Brodak: roll brawling, wrestling or dex to grab, and ST to pull it out.
Brodak
 player, 312 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 18:34
Re: Near the bone gate
Well he obviously failed to grab it ...  may even have cut himself trying...
Narrator
 GM, 5434 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Aug 2018
at 19:00
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 292):

Brodak takes a point of cutting to the finger from the edge of a large knife.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1448 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 20:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth just remains ready to jump in and begin first aid.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 736 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 00:23
Re: Near the bone gate
"Jareth!  A little surgery might aid removing this barbed arrow."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1449 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 06:22
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'n loathe to stick knives in till we figure out t'e curse."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 737 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 2 Sep 2018
at 17:14
Re: Near the bone gate
"Understood.  I'll do it the quick and dirty way, then."

Mario grasps the fletching and gives a sharp wrench, attempting to snap the shaft ahead of the feathers, but above the skin.
Narrator
 GM, 5448 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 21:51
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 297):

The man groans as you tug at the arrow. The flesh seems to firm up around it...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 738 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 5 Sep 2018
at 22:35
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario frowns at the arrow and its wound.

"Barbed arrow.  Does as much damage coming back out as it did going in."

He releases the fletching, as his eyes widen, then he reaches down and pulls one of his silvered tipped arrows from his second quiver and lays the silver on the man's skin alongside the shaft of the barbed arrow.  "Don't know if this will do anything, but..."
Narrator
 GM, 5454 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 14:16
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 299):

The silver has no effect on the man's skin. Meanwhile, Mario still has a grip on the arrow.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1451 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 7 Sep 2018
at 19:01
Re: Near the bone gate
"Leave t'e barbs for now Mario, we can ease 'em out when we get him down an restrained."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 739 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 16:18
Re: Near the bone gate
"This arrow seems to affect him more than the other weapons did -- he reacted when I disturbed it.  I think we need to get it out."

He reaches down to return the silver arrow to its quiver.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1452 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 06:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"T'e more we pull out, t'e more he's affected.  I'n just worried he might die before we clear all t'e weapons... so leave t'e really bad ones till he's secured."
Clarence Montague
 player, 141 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 10:24
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 303):

Clarence just continues to hold him.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 740 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 23:35
Re: Near the bone gate
"Okay, Jareth, you know more about this stuff than i do.  Nodwin, can you had me that rope that was caught on the spear you guys pulled out?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 355 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:11/13 HP:10/10
Fri 14 Sep 2018
at 05:28
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin grabs the rope and hands it to Mario.

"If you guys can remove all the weapons but the stuck, barbed arrow head, I will try again to heal him."
Narrator
 GM, 5468 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 12:57
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 306):

A good hard yank could probably free the arrow. The other weapons are still available for seizure.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 741 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 22:28
Re: Near the bone gate
"The barbs will probably heal him when I pull them out."  With that, Mario gives another yank at the barbed arrow.
The wounded man
 NPC, 19 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 22:22
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 308):

The man groans as the arrow is yanked out, and he bleeds profusely.
Still in him: a knife, a dagger, a large knife, a crossbow bolt, and On him is Brodak's shield. He is barely resisting at this point.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:25, Sat 22 Sept 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 742 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 00:49
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario starts to reach for the next nearest protruding weapon grip or shaft, but stops himself.

"Jareth, he seems to get weaker the more weapons we pull out, and he bled a lot more with that one than before.  I have an idea.

"Sound off if you think he looks like dying when we pull the last couple out of him, and I'll stab him with the arrow from my quiver -- that ought to restore him a little, and then the arrow will vanish after a bit."


He reaches up and lightly slaps the man's cheek.  "Can you understand me?  Will stabbing you that way give you back strength?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1455 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 23 Sep 2018
at 07:12
Re: Near the bone gate
"That.. that's genius Mario!"

Jareth sets his kit down and moves back in to grab the rope.  "Let's get him tied, t'em I can bandage him, t'en we can remove t'e rest of t'e weapons, you stab him to make strong enough to survive!"
The wounded man
 NPC, 20 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 21:24
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 310):

The delirious and bleeding man stuck with knives nods in assent, although he is otherwise merely drooling.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 743 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 24 Sep 2018
at 21:48
Re: Near the bone gate
"I think he agreed with us.  Let's start tying his hands and feet.  Is there another piece of rope?"
Charlene Le Poire
 NPC, 28 posts
 Guard
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 17:00
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to The wounded man (msg # 312):

Charlene, who hasn't been able to approach, puts her spear down and grabs at a foot.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 744 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 22:35
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario renews his grip on the wounded man's arm, holding it in a position to be tied to the other hand.  "Here, Jareth, put a couple turns around his wrists, tie it, and then use the other end for his feet.  It doesn't need to hold for hours, and he's pretty weak now."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1456 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 27 Sep 2018
at 00:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth pitches in tying him him so he can be worked on 'safely'.
Clarence Montague
 player, 142 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 28 Sep 2018
at 05:14
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 316):

Clarence continues restraining him.
Brodak
 player, 316 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Sat 29 Sep 2018
at 01:29
Re: Near the bone gate
Once he is tied, Brodak lets up and gets off of him cautiously.
Narrator
 GM, 5495 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 18:01
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 318):

Anyone with knot tying should make a roll or two.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1457 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 20:20
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  Jareth has Knot Tying at default (DX-4) if no one else has it better...  and his DX is flat Joe Average (10).
Clarence Montague
 player, 143 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 03:15
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 320):

Clarence does not have any knot skills to speak of, so he continues to hold him until he is sure he is secure.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 745 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 09:11
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: Mario has the same default Knot Tying (DX-4), but a higher DX (13).
Mellarill
 player, 177 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 18:32
Re: Near the bone gate
Move your ass, I can do better I think.
Mellarill ends up tying a loose slip knot that slips apart ... Shit! see curses loudly.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1458 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 21:06
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario Crowfoot:
OOC: Mario has the same default Knot Tying (DX-4), but a higher DX (13).

I'd say give it a shot Mario, I don't think anyone but maybe Mel can out DX you.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 746 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 22:27
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario captures the other end of the rope Melarill was trying to tie, wraps three quick turns around the wounded man's ankles, then ties some kind of knot, though it looks a little suspect.  He frowns.

"Like I said, it doesn't need to be perfect."
Charlene Le Poire
 NPC, 29 posts
 Guard
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 22:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 325):

Charlene tries to tie a loop around the ankle she is holding, but fumbles it. Mario's knot seems to be hokding so far...
Ymid
 NPC, 33 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 4 Oct 2018
at 22:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Charlene Le Poire (msg # 326):

"You wish to immobilize the anamolous subject? That I can arrange."

The creature gestures, and the wounded man becomes rigid.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1462 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 01:38
Re: Near the bone gate
"This might work.  Okay, let's lower him gently t'e ground."

Jareth waits for this to happen then starts checking him over...



OCC:  21:36, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 13 using 3d6.  Diagnosis 13.  Triaging.

Does he need Surgery or just First Aid?

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 748 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 09:03
Re: Near the bone gate
"Thanks, Ymid!"  Mario helps lower the man to the floor, positioning as many of the remaining weapons as possible where they can be reached to be removed.

"How's he look, Jareth?"
Narrator
 GM, 5503 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 17:56
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 329):

The wounded man appears to be paralyzed.  Oddly, he has also stopped bleeding. The shield is still stuck to him, along with the other items.

His wounds are fairly extensive, and surgery might be needed to repair two of the large/deeper wounds if magic is not applied.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 749 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 23:25
Re: Near the bone gate
"Okay, Jareth.  Time to get him put back together."  Mario surveys the remaining weapons, then grabs Brodak's shield by the edge and gives a hearty wrench.
Narrator
 GM, 5514 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 00:14
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 331):

Theshield rips free, nearly knocking Brodak over. A bruise forms on the wounded man.
Clarence Montague
 player, 144 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 00:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 332):

Clarence will continue restraining him, just in case.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1465 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Tue 16 Oct 2018
at 01:48
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ymid, how long will that paralysis last?"
Ymid
 NPC, 34 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 00:13
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 334):

The weird creature makes a gesture, raising a finger as if to make a pount, then closes his hand, then raises the finger again, then lowers his hand.
"About as long as it took the manylegs to bind the thing it would eat."


Ooc: about 30 seconds. Simple answers about duration are hard for creatures that exist outside of time...
https://drive.google.com/file/...4r/view?usp=drivesdk
Clarence Montague
 player, 145 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 00:46
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 335):

"Ooh, speaking of which, friendly manylegs, can you please bind but NOT eat our friend?" he asks his friendly spider...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1469 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 01:26
Re: Near the bone gate
Pulls out and unrolls the leather 'satchel' that has his knives, clamps, needles, and thread.  While they are not dirty...  they do give anyone who knows about sanitation the heebee-geebees.  He opens his flask and dumps some of the alcohol in the ferret bowl to wash the tools and starts to wade in.

"No spoder, Clarence, let's not bind him any more'n necessary."

He makes a few cuts, "Hang on little guy.  Can you make fresh non-sticky webs?  Might be useful here..."



OOC:  21:22, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 8 using 3d6.  Surgery 10 (12 -2 poor tools).

Unknown penalty (up to -3) for improper sterilization (yeah, the tools might be clean and alcohol prepped but it is a sewer)...

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 750 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 08:48
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario stands by as Jareth begins his work, right hand on the fletching of the single arrow in his never-empty quiver.

"I'm watching his condition, but I'm not any kind of expert at this stuff -- let me know if he looks like sinking, I might have missed it."
Narrator
 GM, 5530 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 15:32
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 338):

The probe adheres to the wound when you place it, and the flesh seems to tighten around it... holding it fast. His raspy breathing improves...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1472 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 19:11
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth curses and then tries to yank the probe free, but his hand slides right off the thin tool's equally thin handle.

"New plan Mario, stab him with new arrows till I say stop!  Brodak, Clarence lets pull the rest of these weapons out of him!"



OOC: 15:09, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 17 using 3d6.  ST 9, yanking out probe.
Brodak
 player, 317 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 20:02
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak leans over and grabs something stuck in the fellow and pulls...
Narrator
 GM, 5536 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 20:54
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 341):

Brodak yanks out a blade.
Jareth flies backward and bangs his head on the pavers and is stunned
Clarence Montague
 player, 146 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 21:43
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 342):

"Ok", he answers uncertainly, releasing his grip.

Grabbing something sticking out of the man, he gives it a good yank.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 752 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 20 Oct 2018
at 11:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario draws the arrow from his quiver, shifts his grip to the shaft, and stabs.
Narrator
 GM, 5540 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 19:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 344):

In addition  to Mario's arrow, only a rusted crossbow bolt, the surgical probe, and a knife remain. When Clarence pulled the dagger, he weakened, but perked up a bit when Mario stabbed him with the arrow.
Brodak
 player, 318 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 19:23
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak pulls the knife, looks at it and puts it down ...
Narrator
 GM, 5542 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 19:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 346):

Only the crossbow bolt, Jareth's probe, and Mario's  tempirary arrow remain. He might need another arrow to tolerate the removal of those last two.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 753 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 22:48
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario, following plan, draws the arrow from his quiver and stabs once more.

"The only question I have is whether he'll fade again when the arrows vanish."
Clarence Montague
 player, 147 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 00:45
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 348):

Clarence throws the dagger away and grabs the crossbow bolt, trying to pull it out next.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 357 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:11/13 HP:10/10
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 01:13
Re: Near the bone gate
"We shall see what happens when I heal him after that. If he survives, then that is good. But if he dies, then it may be that his god has called him to attend them."
Nodwin cocks his head to the side.
"Another possiblity is that if this was started by a malicious power, then they may find his failure as a reason to ensure he departs this plane, leaving no living evidence of their interference."
Narrator
 GM, 5545 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 23:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 350):

Only the probe and the not-arrow remain, he seems barely conscious.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1473 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 06:46
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth just lays there, probably trying to catch up on lost z's.




OOC:  02:44, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  HT 10 roll versus Stun.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 754 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 09:08
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario readies the arrow from his quiver (where it is instantly replaced), and stabs once more.
Narrator
 GM, 5552 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 23:13
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 353):

He seems a little less feeble, only the surgical probe remains.
Brodak
 player, 319 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 24 Oct 2018
at 03:27
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak grabs the probe and tries to pull it free...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 755 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 24 Oct 2018
at 08:56
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario pulls his single arrow again, and once more stabs the wounded man with it.
Narrator
 GM, 5557 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 00:06
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 356):

And just in time! with the probe out, he looked about to pass out. Now he has about a minute before the arrows fade...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1475 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 01:22
Re: Near the bone gate
After a few seconds of lying about, counting birds and stars, Jareth sits up holding his head.

"Ah, good.  Let him be Mario, lessee happen when t'e arrow fades."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 756 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 08:41
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'm with you."  Mario addresses the wounded man.  "You holding up okay?"
The wounded man
 NPC, 21 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 13:54
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 359):

The perforated and bloodied fellow is still paralized, but appears to be moving his eyes, which are tracking between the both of you, and seem to have some comprehension to them.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1478 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 23:34
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth gets up, retrieves his probe from Brodak, and approaches the wounded man.

"T'e damage rejuvenates ya without seeminly healin ya.  Ya ken what'll happen when t'e arrows fade?  Will that be liken t'em being yanked out?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 757 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 30 Oct 2018
at 09:12
Re: Near the bone gate
"I don't think he can talk.  Ymid's magic worked on his mouth, too."

Mario continues to watch the man's condition, waiting for the first of the three arrows to fade.
Clarence Montague
 player, 148 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 20:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 362):

Clarence does not really understand what is going on, but watches with interest in case he is needed.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1481 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 21:57
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth gives the wounded man a second to respond, and when he doesn't he says to him, "Yer eyes can track, look left for no, an right for yes t'en?"
The wounded man
 NPC, 22 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 00:34
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 364):

His eyes stare straight ahead, then flick to the right.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1482 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 01:55
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth fires off several questions waiting for him to respond between each...

"Do ya want t'e curse lifted?"

"When t'e arrow fade, will cause more hurt to ya?"

"Can ya talk if ain't paralyzed?"

Ymid
 NPC, 35 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 20:05
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 366):

"Do you wish to know what he is thinking, or him unparalyzed?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1484 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 20:28
Re: Near the bone gate
"Let's go with hearin t'e thoughts.  That's probably safer..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 759 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 2 Nov 2018
at 23:45
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario watches the man's eyes as Jareth asks his questions, and moves his hand from the fletching of the arrow in his quiver, to that of the first one he stabbed into the man's flesh -- waiting for that arrow to vanish.
Ymid
 NPC, 36 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 20:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 369):

Your minds are suddenly filled with the jumbled, chaotic and violent thoughts of the wounded man, who it seems, lost his mind some time ago.
It is with greater misfortune that you experience this filtered by the Ymid's point of view.


Fright checks all, at -1
Clarence Montague
 player, 149 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 3 Nov 2018
at 22:03
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 370):

"Arrgh"

Clarence shakes his head, as if trying to remove something that should not be in there.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 334 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 01:52
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn looks at the poor man and shakes her head wit a look of distaste on her face.
Brodak
 player, 320 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 01:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak rips his helmet off and shakes his head as if it was ful of something bad... Ugh! mess!
He then pulls his shield up and backs away
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 358 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:11/13 HP:10/10
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 05:30
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin's jaw drops as he attempts to contemplate what he has experienced. He is unable to respond for a short period of time.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1486 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 06:05
Re: Near the bone gate
"Well, that's informative."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 761 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 12:24
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario's eyes open to their limits.

"Ack, what was that?"
Narrator
 GM, 5584 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 17:44
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 376):

Thankfully, no one failed enough to get flashbacks. All of you are acutely aware that the shord once had three spellstones containing wishes of varying strength, and that one remains. You also have a better understanding of the nature of pain.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 335 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 18:33
Re: Near the bone gate
Perhaps using the last wish to heal or cure him?  Can't leave him like this and would feel guilty for doing further harm to him.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1487 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 19:40
Re: Near the bone gate
"E's not completely crazy.  Has some understandin of this situation.  Nodwin does Vejovis grant priests t'e ability to clear madness?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 359 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:11/13 HP:10/10
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 19:56
Re: Near the bone gate
Shaking off the images he had seen, Nodwin responds. "I am afraid I do not have that ability."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1488 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 20:41
Re: Near the bone gate
"Sure, but does Vejovis grant that miracle?  If so we can carry him to a temple maybe an get him cured.  Let him t'en decide with a clear mind."
Narrator
 GM, 5589 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 21:30
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 381):

Make a psychology roll at +2
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 762 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 4 Nov 2018
at 23:16
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario, having recovered himself after the mental shock, checks the arrows that he stabbed into the wounded man.  Can't be long until the first one vanishes.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1489 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Mon 5 Nov 2018
at 06:40
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
Make a psychology roll at +2

OOC:  01:39, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 12 using 3d6.  Psychology 13 (11 + 2).

Narrator
 GM, 5591 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 6 Nov 2018
at 01:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 384):

The rest of you may not be able to name what is wrong with the wounded man's mind, but Jareth percieves that he might be berserk, on the edge, with probable vouces and flashbacks along with confusion.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1490 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 06:26
Re: Near the bone gate
"Yeah, he's gone mad.  Definitely uncrazy him before further decisions...  or just kill him.  Always t'e option."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 763 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 10:31
Re: Near the bone gate
"Could the Hadereum heal his mind?  I'm pretty sure we can get him there in this state, if Ymid can keep him paralyzed long enough -- though we probably don't want to parade him in the streets if we can help it."  Mario glances at the fellow with an eyeball for a head.

"He was weak enough we could probably manage him anyway, if it would help.

"If they can't help him, we might do him a favor by cutting his throat."

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 336 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 16:23
Re: Near the bone gate
Or perhaps the Ymid could just do it here to erase the anomaly...

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 17:22, Thu 08 Nov 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 764 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 8 Nov 2018
at 09:50
Re: Near the bone gate
"From what I -- we all -- just saw, I don't think he'd be a good choice to try to put a man's mind back right.

"But I think what he was perceiving was the magic on this man, and healing his mind probably won't change that."

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 337 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 8 Nov 2018
at 17:24
Re: Near the bone gate
Perhaps he could just remove the magic, allowing us some chance to get him ... um ... help.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1491 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 8 Nov 2018
at 22:00
Re: Near the bone gate
"So... Nodwin, does Vejovis grant t'e way remove madness an is t'ere temple to yer god in town?"

Jareth has been keeping his eye on the cursed man during this conversation to see how much he's taking in , and how cognizant he is of the implications.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 765 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 8 Nov 2018
at 23:01
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario glances at Ymid again.  "Can you even remove the result of a wish?  The Brothers always said that was impossible."
Clarence Montague
 player, 150 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 19:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 392):

"Or my friend could just wrap him up, and have him for lunch. Pity to kill someone without a good reason..."
Ymid
 NPC, 37 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 20:58
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 393):

"I would only be able to suspend the enchantment...there seems to be something
 of a conditional escape clause... Much as would be found in someone ensorcelled, although
 this seems voluntary...and something of a syntactical error, thus providing a loophole I
believe the slow legged one (grossly distorted image of Mario) and the one who is a conduit
to and pact with external geological allegorical entity (distorted image of Nodwin) have
already been exploiting."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:08, Tue 13 Nov 2018.

Clarence Montague
 player, 152 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 21:35
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 394):

"Huh, our friends are partly responsible for this?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 767 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 10 Nov 2018
at 12:45
Re: Near the bone gate
"I think he means how stabbing the Wounded Man with arrows restores him, to some extent."

Mario once more touches the fletching on the first arrow he stabbed into the man.
  "This should have vanished by now, shouldn't it?
 It usually takes between sixty and ninety heartbeats, but I lost count."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:08, Tue 13 Nov 2018.

Mellarill
 player, 180 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 02:10
Re: Near the bone gate
Is quiet as this mystical stuff is beyond her pay grade.
Narrator
 GM, 5608 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 02:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 397):

The first of the three arrows disappears, leaving a wound. the second of the three is starting to look a bit misty as well.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1493 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 07:27
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  Does this new wound look worse or better than the ones where weapons were ripped out?  Or is it just a hole where the arrow was?

Also, how does the patient seem to be taking things?  The wounds and the conversation?

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 768 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 10:11
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario turns his concentration to the man's condition, right hand hovering at the fletching of the single arrow in his quiver, then frowns.

"I'm really starting to find this unpleasant."  His tone is quizzical.
The wounded man
 NPC, 24 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 02:21
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 400):

As the second arrow fades, he is bleeding more. His eyes dart toward Nodwin. There are maybe a dozen heartbeats until the last arrow fades.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1495 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 05:01
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth starts bandaging the cursed man, using bandages if anyone has them*, or cutting sacks up if necessary.

"Mario, gently stick 'im here," Jareth points at one of the wounds, "an try to not go deep with t'e arrow."



OOC:  * If someone has bandages, say so.  Otherwise, I'll presume Jareth is cutting up his sacks.

I'm not sure at the moment what gwythaint meant by "the flesh mortifies at the site" in response to Nodwin's healing attempt (msg #274).  Back then (what 4 months ago) I read it as "necrotizes" which is not the same definition at all.

So now, having gone back to double check, I'm wondering you meant Narrator?  Did his flesh react with shame or embarrassment?  ;)

Narrator
 GM, 5614 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 23:34
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 402):

Necrotizes would have been the better word; while he still had weapons in, healing caused the flesh to blister and blacken, as with gangrene.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 769 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 23:40
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario draws the arrow from his quiver, and attempts to stab it into the wound Jareth indicated.  He then returns his hand to the fletching on the single arrow in his quiver, trying to both watch for the other arrow to fade, and track the wounded man's condition.

"Bleeding from wounds is normal.  The magic might be undone, at least for the moment, when the arrows vanish."
Narrator
 GM, 5617 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 15 Nov 2018
at 00:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 404):

You successfully stab him. Under normal circumstances you could only have one arrow in existence at a time. These were some strong magics.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 360 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:11/13 HP:10/10
Thu 15 Nov 2018
at 02:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"Unless someone has a better idea, I'll cast another heal on him. It may kill him, but I am not sure what else we can do."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1496 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 15 Nov 2018
at 03:04
Re: Near the bone gate
"Nodwin, I ken that ya can probably heal him when all t'e arrows fade."




OOC:  Did the gentle stab have the same 'rejuvenation' effect?
Narrator
 GM, 5619 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 00:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 407):

As the arrow was applied just before the last one faded, it seemed to do him some good.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 770 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 09:59
Re: Near the bone gate
"Okay, I'll wait for Nodwin after that last arrow fades."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 361 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 04:46
Re: Near the bone gate
Waiting for nearly a minute, Nodwin watches the arrow carefully, the instant it starts fading he calls upon Vejovis' power. He smiles with a look of happiness as the holy power flows through him.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 772 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 18 Nov 2018
at 12:05
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario waits, hand on the fletching of the arrow still in his quiver, for the results of Nodwin's healing magic.
The wounded man
 NPC, 25 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 14:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 411):

As the last arrow faded, the poor creature began to bleed from all of his wounds.

When Nodwin lays hands upon him, he stops bleeding, and even seems to mend a little.
Clarence Montague
 player, 153 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 19:34
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to The wounded man (msg # 412):

"It seems that he can be healed if he has no ongoing damage..."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1497 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 22:25
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ah good.  Should be stabilized now.  We can haul him one t'e houses, find a Cleric with mind healin, an get him straightened out."

He pats the cursed man's shoulder, "Alright pal, we gonna keep ya tied up on account of ya be a bit crazy.  But we gonna get ya fixed up an good best we can."

Jareth starts carefully checking the ropes binding him, in case he goes nuts on the way back.

"T'e knot's look good!"



OOC: 17:24, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 13 using 3d6.  Knot-Tying 11 (6 + 5 Extra Time).
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 773 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 22 Nov 2018
at 03:02
Re: Near the bone gate
With Jareth's proclamation, Mario relaxes, wipes his bloody hands on his breeches, and begins moving around the room, collecting his dropped staff and bow.

"That went better than it might have.  Early on, I thought we'd have to find a way to kill him.

"I wonder who managed to chain him up and put him here?"

Narrator
 GM, 5635 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 415):

While he lays there gasping, you can see that the small triangular room
he was in is strewn with bones that look like they have been there for
some time.

Although he seems susceptible to healing in a normal way, he may still be quite deranged.



Btw, while limited wish cannot remove disadvantages, it could be used to swap them for disadvantages of equal value.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 774 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 26 Nov 2018
at 23:38
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario turns to Ymid.  "Is the anomaly lessened?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 362 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 27 Nov 2018
at 05:13
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin collects his staff and then examines the walls of the small room, looking for any clues to the origin of the deranged fellow.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1498 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 29 Nov 2018
at 04:28
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth gathers up his things and begins poking about the room, making sure there aren't any bones set to allow ghuls to plane cross, and looking for any lootables.






OOC:
Narrator:  When you say "Limited" Wish, do you mean Lesser Wish or Wish?  Or is this some other category of 'Wish' that isn't Lesser, Wish, or Greater?  Because only a Greater Wish (by the book) can even futz with anything other than changing a single die roll.

Ymid
 NPC, 38 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 01:38
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 417):

"It would appear that the anomaly has collapsed onto itself and resolved. Fascinating!

The weird thing draws a strange looking knife, and stabs the wounded man lightly in an area free from wounds.  The man bleeds, and moans.
"Quite resolved. How disappointing. I rather hoped it would start up again."
Narrator
 GM, 5652 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:03
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 419):

I meant say that this was a lesser wish, power wise, but it has been a long time since I had read that part of Enchantments. This is a Greater Wish, that has limiting enchantments on it, to reduce some of its range of effect. Exactly what those limits are may be determined by trial and error (nothing happened, try again).


The bones, once separated, appear to be of goblins. The skulls seem a bit odd, however, and there are  two pair of dark bronze looking thick wrist cuffs.
Brodak
 player, 321 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:19
Re: Near the bone gate
Bracers or cuffs?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1499 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:27
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth bags a couple of skulls, who knows someone might care that they're weird.






OOC:
Narrator:
This is a Greater Wish, that has limiting enchantments on it...

Copy.

Narrator
 GM, 5656 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:36
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 422):

They seem more like cuffs, and each has a loop where a chain might be attached... the metal is surprisingly light and untarnished!
Clarence Montague
 player, 154 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 09:16
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 424):

"What odd cuffs...may I have a closer look?"

Clarence want to look closely at the cuffs to work out what they might be used for.
Narrator
 GM, 5661 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 18:13
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 425):

The cuffs look like they might be part of shackles... they seem strong and light, make an armory, connoisseur weapons or armor, or metallurgy roll at default if need be.
Clarence Montague
 player, 155 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 20:22
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 426):

Clarence weighs them up with interest...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 775 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 22:12
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario looks once more at the man.  "Can you walk, or must we carry you?  Oh, and do you have a name?"
Narrator
 GM, 5668 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 18:07
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 427):

The cuffs are made of orichalcum, and probably worth about $1500 each!
The wounded man
 NPC, 26 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 18:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 428):

"I... I don't feel so good. I am Alaric."

His accent seems old fashioned. He may have been down here for a very long time. He also looks like he needs to be half carried.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:12, Sun 02 Dec 2018.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 338 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 18:46
Re: Near the bone gate
Hardly a surprise, let us get you out of here.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:22, Wed 05 Dec 2018.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1501 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 19:05
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth unties the wounded guy.

"Right, got all the weapons gathered up?  T'en let's get back."



OOC:  Besides the Wish Sword, what else did we pull out him?
Clarence Montague
 player, 156 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 19:24
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 432):

Clarence puts them away for later, and assists in gathering up the weapons.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 776 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 2 Dec 2018
at 23:36
Re: Near the bone gate
"Well, Alaric, I'm happy to see you well enough to respond.  Let's see if we can get you on your feet; we can get you to a temple much faster that way than if we have to carry you.

"Do you happen to remember the date?"

The wounded man
 NPC, 27 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 16:57
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 434):

"I think....CMIII, three years past the novicentum."





R
That hardly seems right.,,,
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1502 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 20:09
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ya've missed some time, but don't worry on that right yet.  Get ya upstairs, let ya rest an figure out which temple get ya fixed up at."

If everything appears gathered up and everyone appears ready, Jareth will lead the way back.
Ymid
 NPC, 39 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 20:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 436):

"There is something unseen near here."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 777 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 23:57
Re: Near the bone gate
"Look lively, folks."  Mario can't resist looking all around, bow following his gaze as far as he can twist his torso and right hand seeking the fletching of his single arrow (ignoring the two silver ones in the second quiver, for the moment).

OOC: Are we on Christian era dating imported by the Romans?  If so, what's our current year?
Narrator
 GM, 5685 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 15:55
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 438):

By the reckoning of the One True Church of the Tripartate God, it is 1388.

Our man has been down here for a very long time.



Brodak feels his Hackles rise
Brodak
 player, 322 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 17:04
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak comes on Guard ...  Sumpin' not right
Clarence Montague
 player, 157 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 19:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 440):

Clarence begins looking around, but is not really sure what he is looking for. He puts away what he has picked up and begins to take out his lantern, waving it around.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:19, Tue 04 Dec 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 778 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 00:03
Re: Near the bone gate
"Show yourself, whatever you are."  Mario continues scanning the room.  "Is that door latched?"
something not right
 NPC, 8 posts
 cold empty void
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 02:26
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 442):

There is a sudden stench of brimstone and rot.

A familiar, if disturbing, creature manifests.

https://drive.google.com/open?...Ue8hmOVfcvr0LxxKJ-Rz


Its face is marred with an angry purple scar, and one eye is missing. Likewise its unwholesome flesh has a deep purple pulsing band of new warty flesh accross the chest where Brodak's axe had once struck it!
Ymid
 NPC, 40 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 02:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to something not right (msg # 443):

"Remarkable! a fourth order infernal entity... and it seems to be perturbed by several of you! You must tell me how this came to pass!"
Brodak
 player, 323 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 02:34
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak sees the unwholesome creature Manifest and immediately moves in and swings
something not right
 NPC, 9 posts
 cold empty void
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 02:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 445):

The demon, ichor spraying out of its wound even as it struggles to reform, small tubules on either side of the gash reaching toward eachother, Claws at Brodak, gouging him through his armor!
It shrieks (in a most disturbing way)
"!Ze'k mey muta sey" 
Clarence Montague
 player, 158 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 02:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to something not right (msg # 446):

Clarence swings at the creature with remarkably little effect...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 779 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 10:14
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario pulls one of his silver arrows, nocks and draws, then aims for a heartbeat before loosing at the creature's remaining eye.
Brodak
 player, 324 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 18:35
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to something not right (msg # 446):

Brodak staggers back with a shrill grunt ... Lifting his axe again.
something not right
 NPC, 10 posts
 cold empty void
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 18:59
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 449):

The thing shrieks as it takes an arrow to its remaining eye, and its claws rake uselessly on Brodak's shield, leaving deep gouges.

Blinded and bleeding, it wavers on its feet.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1503 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 23:50
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth steps up and gives it a good sound thump with his staff.




OOC:  All Out Attack (Determined).

18:42, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  All Out Attack (Determined), Staff 14 (10 + 4).

18:44, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 8 using 1d6+3.  Staff Damage, 1d+3 crushing.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 780 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 6 Dec 2018
at 00:26
Re: Near the bone gate
"What is that thing?"  Mario's voice is a near shriek, even as his right hand finds the other silver arrow, nocks it, draws, and looses.
something not right
 NPC, 11 posts
 cold empty void
Fri 7 Dec 2018
at 20:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 452):

Marrios arrow strikes it in the torso as Jareth  smacks it in the side. It collapses on the  ground, oozing ichor.  Its claws twitch spasmodically, and then it is still.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 781 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 7 Dec 2018
at 23:41
Re: Near the bone gate
"Did the silver make a difference?"  Mario looks around to Jareth, Nodwin, and Jocelyn, in hopes one of them will know, as he steps forward to recover his arrows.  He carefully wipes them clean of ichor before returning them to their quiver.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:42, Fri 07 Dec 2018.

Clarence Montague
 player, 159 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 8 Dec 2018
at 10:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 454):

Clarence shrugs.

"Didn't hinder. If I had of hit it, I could perhaps compare. But is it safe for spidey to eat, I wonder?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1505 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sat 8 Dec 2018
at 10:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth pulls out his surgery tools and starts cutting into the demon's chest.

"Just like faced it two days ago.  Still got ya axe wound t'ere," he indicates where Brodak whacked it in the head and chest last time, "an t'ere, Brodak.  We cut out t'e heart, exorcise it, t'en burn t'e heart.  T'en it flee to hell."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 782 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 8 Dec 2018
at 13:42
Re: Near the bone gate
"Two days?  The Brothers used to say things from Hell would heal with unnatural speed, and ordinary weapons did them little or no harm to begin with.

"They also said such things had no hearts, or livers, or brains, and all you could do was hack them up."

Ymid
 NPC, 41 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 11 Dec 2018
at 23:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 457):

"Your Brethren have some knowledge, not entirely accurate. This," The Ymid reaches into the chest cavity with both hands and its knife and removes a maroon turnip shaped organ,"Is its heart.  Beside it, you will find its liver... This one seems to have had a problem with alchohol consumption, as you can see by this cyst here, and the darker tubules here... and here."

HT checks for those without curiosity... this is kinda gross.

The Ymid takes the heart, and places it inside a strange square pouch made of some kind of glossy transparent material, and rubs its fingers across a set of yellow and blue strands at the top, which magically become green.,
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 783 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 11 Dec 2018
at 23:53
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario turns away suddenly as Ymid begins pointing at things inside the creature's body cavity.  "Just like butchering a steer."

His tone of voice suggests he doesn't believe what he's saying.  His color suggests he was trying to convince himself -- and failed.
Clarence Montague
 player, 160 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 01:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 459):

Clarence is fascinated.

"Why do you take the heart? Also, which parts could be consumed by my spider friend without adverse consequences, if any?"
Smol spoder
 NPC, 11 posts
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 02:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 460):

The spider backs away from the unnatural corpse.
Ymid
 NPC, 42 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 02:14
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 460):

" The heart has uses for some of the beings I interact with, and I can exchange it for something of value..."

Fright check for either "uses" or "value" as you get a bit of an impression...
Brodak
 player, 325 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 03:14
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak shrugs, he has seen worse in street fights.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 339 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 03:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn is mildly put off by the display...
Clarence Montague
 player, 161 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 04:14
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 462):

Clarence find the uses interesting, though he does struggle to understand them.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 784 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 10:03
Re: Near the bone gate
"Weren't we supposed to burn that?"  Mario's voice has gotten small and quiet...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1505 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 23:52
Re: Near the bone gate
None of this seems to bother Jareth at all.

"As I ken it Mario, t'e burnin of t'e heart keep it from ressurectin from it, t'e heart t'e Center of Power.  T'e exorcisin t'e body removes t'e ties to Hell, so another demon can't just hop in, an burnin t'e body keeps anything else, like opportunistic ghosts or tulpas takin control of it."

He rocks back onto his heels, "Should be safe to harvest few valuable bits," and Jareth begins poking around in it's innards doing just that.




OOC:  Both Curious, and has Physiology and Surgery.  Pullin things out of dead things is Jareth's bag...

15:30, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Fright Check, Will 13 (Rule of 14).

15:38, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Hidden Lore (Demons) 11.  Anything of value?

15:45, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Surgery 12, harvestin the good stuff.

[EDIT]
Swapped characters on me.
[/EDIT]

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Wed 12 Dec 2018.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 785 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 23:33
Re: Near the bone gate
"Exorcism."  Mario's voice is still a bit weaker than normal.

"Nodwin, can you do that?  I know a Tripartite God priest like Father Robard can."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 364 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 06:01
Re: Near the bone gate
Looking with distaste at the remains, Nodwin responds.

"I am afraid that I did not study exorcism. The focus of my training was on healing and finding things."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1506 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 07:45
Re: Near the bone gate
"I can do it.  Best if ya can put down what ya might call up, eh?"
Narrator
 GM, 5713 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 00:38
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 467):

While the ichor is a primary ingredient in Demon Blood Wine, and if properly extracted (rendering demon unconscious, hanging from heels, slitting throat over a silvered bowl) can be sold to an alchemist.  The skin, if flayed within one hour, and salted, can be made into a number of sheets of vellum valuable to those who scribe uncouth names and write books of unhallowed names. ($50 for page, 1d6 pages per average demon. needs a pound of salt).  Demon flesh is carcinogenic, and it may be somewhat easy to initiate a plague with the contents of their bowels.  The more significant ones have valuable claws, horns, and teeth.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1507 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 03:28
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth stops poking around it's internals with a, "Eh, nothin of value in here," and sets about pulling teeth and removing claws.

"We still need to burn it.  Reckon we drag it up upstairs or try to burn it down here?"




OOC:  21:58, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Removing the demons teeth and claws, Survival 14 (skill 10 + 4 taking extra time).
Mellarill
 player, 181 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 03:32
Re: Near the bone gate
The disturbing impression leaves Mellarill disturbed for a couple seconds leading her to miss a small part of the conversation. Creepy

OOC: 23:25, Today: Mellarill rolled 12 using 3d6.  Fright Check?
Will of 11 so that's a fail by one. Uh oh...
23:29, Today: Mellarill rolled 7 using 3d6.  Frigth Check result. Plus she failed by one so that comes to 8

She is:
quote:
Stunned for one second. Every second after that, roll vs. Will, plus whatever bonuses or penalties you had on your original roll, to snap out of it


23:31, Today: Mellarill rolled 6 using 3d6.  Snapping out of stun.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 786 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 09:44
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'd as soon not smell it burning in these closed rooms.  At least in the open air, the smoke can rise to the sky."
Clarence Montague
 player, 162 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 09:53
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 474):

This is all very educational for Clarence, and the tries to learn what he can. He is not likely to forget it, so he may as well learn something useful from it...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1508 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 14:57
Re: Near the bone gate
"Good call Mario.  Besides... not sure we have enough fuel burn down here.  Right, t'en let's haul it up."

Jareth breaks out the tarp to use as a makeshift stretcher.



OOC:  Any one else low on FP and need a break to recharge before moving on?

This message was last edited by the player at 14:58, Fri 14 Dec 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5721 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 21:03
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 476):

Who is carrying the corpse ( for the Hadereum perhaps) and who is helping
Alaric? Also, the Ymid and the Yr-go are here...
Brodak
 player, 326 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 22:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak looks at the foul corpse and moves to help Alaric...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 787 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 00:12
Re: Near the bone gate
"Clarence?  Rochambeau?  Loser carries that?"  He points to the unnatural corpse Jareth is wrapping, then closes his right fist and cradles it in his left palm.

OOC: no, I don't have any idea how we'd play rock-paper-scissors in play-by-post, but it's the quickest randomizer available in the middle of a room strewn with bones and spattered with blood and ichor...
Clarence Montague
 player, 163 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 04:36
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 479):

"I am a torchbearer, not a demon bearer..." says Clarence, holding his light aloft, just in case anyone missed the point.
Charlene Le Poire
 NPC, 30 posts
 Guard
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 20:15
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 480):

"How much is in it for me if I haul it? I moved some before with the laborers, LeMert and Kalliope. I was paid to guard, that would be extra, but I will do it."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1509 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 22:32
Re: Near the bone gate
"Double pay* do for ya?  Though... be completely up front... we haven't seen much loot so far, a straight day's wage might end up more.  I can do a quick figurin if ya want?"




OOC:  GM, what all got pulled out of the Cursed guy in the way of weaponry?

* Charlene was in for a 1/5 share.  Also what is Charlene and Clarence housing situation?  They got their own pad, or are they crashing on the Guild's common floor?

Clarence Montague
 player, 164 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 23:32
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 482):

[OOC: Clarence crashes wherever he can, so no housing.]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 788 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 23:51
Re: Near the bone gate
"I can drag the thing if it comes to it.  I  might need help getting it up a ladder -- as would most anyone else except Gorgath -- but I'd rather have my hands free to use my bow if we meet up with something else.  I'd go for paying Charlene after we sort out whether she wants wages or a share of not much.

"The only thing I've seen so far that looks like loot is the weapons we pulled out of Alaric here, and I suspect the sword in his hand belonged to him."

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1510 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 03:30
Re: Near the bone gate
"It's possible we've slightly more valuables than just t'e weapons pulled out of Alaric.  But t'ey is ephemeral.  First t'ey might be bounty for dealing with 'T'e Cursed Man Of T'e Sewers', second t'ey is bunch of giant spiders hidin here.  T'ere people who'd pay to know where."
Narrator
 GM, 5734 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:44
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 485):

In addition to the two pairs of cuffs made out of some very lightweight bronze like material,
 and his magical broadsword, you have a shortsword, a spear, a knife, a dagger, a large knife, and an axe.
Clarence Montague
 player, 165 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 06:24
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 486):

Actually, I think Clarence took the cuffs, and also went around picking up all other weapons as well that no-one specifically said they were keeping...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1511 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 06:32
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth gives the goods a quick look over, "Ah, figure about ten copper each so far.  Not includin t'em, eh probably orichalcum, manacles, this magic sword, or sellin any info.  So right now Charlene's share a solid two coppers.  Double to four if ya carry t'e demon."

Jareth he rubs his chin, "If I'n right about t'e cuffs, t'ey about three silvers each, one silver for Charlene.  Maybe just over silver for day's work so far, if you tote t'e dead demon Charlene."

He pauses a moment.  "Course also got plenty room to spare.  Could toss in a room, join up rightly with t'e crewe permanent at double fifth share an room in t'e block.  That alright Nodwin?"



OOC:  Three notes:

1 - A straight day's wage for a Hireling at 62 points is $30.  Or a solid silver and a half.
2 - Jareth is calculating 8 shares: Nodwin, Mario, Jocelyn, Brodak, Mel, Clarence, himself, and the house.  Also I'm rounding everything down in case something is cheap.
3 - Jareth's calculation isn't including the fortune's worth in that magic broadsword.  If my maths are right, it's just over $2K each.  If it's sold and not returned to Alaric.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 365 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 03:13
Re: Near the bone gate
"We have plenty of space for him to take a room I think. Not only wouldn't he have to find a common room somewhere, but he would have a semi private room."
Narrator
 GM, 5745 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 16:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 488):

The assorted weapons probably amount to a just under a hundred coppers, even with their aged condition... the orichalcum cuffs are worth considerably more, bringing the post- sale amount to about 1300 plus the sword...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1517 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 06:51
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  We're kinda waiting on Charlene to decide if she's carryin the dead demon or not, before we start drawing lots.
Charlene Le Poire
 NPC, 31 posts
 Guard
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 15:39
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 491):

"I will definitely haul it for half a share."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1518 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 17:03
Re: Near the bone gate
"Sound good.  Nodwin, Jocelyn, guys?  Sound right by ya?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 340 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 17:15
Re: Near the bone gate
Seems fair to me.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:14, Tue 01 Jan.

Clarence Montague
 player, 166 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 21:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 494):

"Sounds good to me too..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 366 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 03:50
Re: Near the bone gate
"That seems fine."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 789 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 11:41
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'd call that good."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1519 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 3/10
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 18:07
Re: Near the bone gate
"Right t'en, let's take breather, an t'en load up an get topside."





OOC:  Once again, I'm about to drop from FP loss.  So before we have to fight stuff on the way out... can we take say 30 minutes and rest?
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 341 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 18:18
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn takes out one of her bottles of Paut and hands it to Jareth  You can pay me back later,

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:14, Tue 01 Jan.

Clarence Montague
 player, 167 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 22:26
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 499):

"Sure, though a short rest might be more cost efficient."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 342 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 02:19
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn Shrugs... whatever, just though we wanted out of here.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:15, Tue 01 Jan.

Ymid
 NPC, 43 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 18:18
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 501):

"Let us not tarry long. Something approaches the bone gate."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 790 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 00:18
Re: Near the bone gate
"Can you give any idea what, without those mental images that mess me up?"
Ymid
 NPC, 44 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 18:44
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 503):

"It is native to that place and large, but what exactly, is not clear. I set alarms of several types, yet it Id's none of the specific things I set for, such as Gugs, who are prohibited from exiting that place."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:50, Fri 04 Jan.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 791 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 23:40
Re: Near the bone gate
"Jareth, can you climb, and rest back at the house?  We can be back there in a quarter hour or so, if we don't get distracted."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1523 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 00:50
Re: Near the bone gate
"Fine, since have to move fast." Jareth takes the paut from Jocelyn and downs it.

"So not Gug... might be 'gaunts saw flitting about, t'ey like gates an such."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 792 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 09:44
Re: Near the bone gate
"Gaunts?  Do they need silver to kill?"  Mario fingers the nocks of the two silvered arrows in their separate quiver.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1525 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 10:03
Re: Near the bone gate
"Nightgaunts.  Batlike things.  Size of a man, maybe bigger.  No eyes."


OOC:  I presume at this point we're all heading back to the Bone Gate?
Narrator
 GM, 5779 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 20:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 508):

Heading that way...

And you can smell something foul and rotting from that direction, even through the passage of the spiders...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 793 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 23:37
Re: Near the bone gate
"You didn't mention those, um, night gaunts smelling dead.  This reminds me much of that thing we killed the day we met Ymid."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1526 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 02:31
Re: Near the bone gate
"Mario, I'n aghast ya can't remember t'e creature's name."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 794 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 5 Jan 2019
at 15:06
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ha, ha, ha."  Mario grimaces at Jareth.  "There was only the one, never seen or smelt or heard of one before then, and too much other stuff going on the past few days.

I do remember it took a lot of killing."

Charlene Le Poire
 NPC, 32 posts
 Guard
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 20:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 512):

Charlene wrinkles her nose.
"I know what that smell is. That thing with the iron claws was bad, but this, this is like that thing in the barrel we sold to that guy Harbash... Only worse."
Clarence Montague
 player, 168 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 22:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Charlene Le Poire (msg # 513):

"Refresh my memory...what thing was that?"

[OOC: I took over Clarence after all that!]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 795 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 23:35
Re: Near the bone gate
"I think she means the rot worm.  I'd rather meet one of them than another ghast, if I have a choice.  A few arrows or a good sword or axe stroke and they're done."
Ymid
 NPC, 46 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 01:48
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 515):

"Describe this creature, what is its volume on this plane? It is obvious you cannot tell of the extent of its parachronic expression, or
Lloig r'luh."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:49, Wed 09 Jan.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1527 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 05:52
Re: Near the bone gate
"Probably bhole."

To the party, "Like t'e rot worm, but big enough swallow ya whole," and then to Ymid, "giant slime covered worm, burrows under bones of Pnath an t'e peaks of Thok."

He then rattles something off in Eldritch.

A second later, mostly to himself, "Hope is not bhole."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:55, Wed 09 Jan.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 796 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 10:14
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario's eyes have expanded to their limits.  "Please tell me ordinary arrows can slay this 'bhole'?  And where are its heart and brain?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1528 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 17:26
Re: Near the bone gate
"If is bhole, just shoot till it dead. Hope it not bhole, just really big rot worm basically, no eyes, brain could be anywhere, no idea where t'e heart is..."
Ymid
 NPC, 47 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 17:39
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 519):

"The dimensions specified by my alarm spell were rather large, abd I fear for the safety of the skiff moored beside the gate. Your worms are a little small for triggering that, as they may only be the larval form of bholes... If is is one such, they are attracted to corpses, such as the one you have there..."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 344 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 18:31
Re: Near the bone gate
Sounds like time to get the hell out of here...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 797 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 22:45
Re: Near the bone gate
"I have no argument.  If that is a bhole, however, the good news is it might be too big to fit through the gate.  I hope your boat is okay, Ymid."
Clarence Montague
 player, 169 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 23:33
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 522):

"Well and truly ready to go here..."

The discussions so far did not leave him terribly comfortable...
Narrator
 GM, 5802 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 16:07
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 523):

By which route are you returning? Something that large would doubtless have trouble with the lid on the ladder down...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 798 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 23:32
Re: Near the bone gate
"Wasn't there a ladder just down that way?"  Mario points with a gesture, toward the exit to the main tunnel, then left.  "We had too much fun getting a barrel up there, and this body won't be much easier, but it's close, and we've got rope."
Charlene Le Poire
 NPC, 33 posts
 Guard
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 14:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 525):

"We should have brought Frank or Evain. Oh well, in for an ounce, in for a pound. A share is a share. " she starts dragging the body.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:23, Fri 18 Jan.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1529 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 17:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth considers it for a second, "Nah.  Thing comes through, best face it when we know where tis, instead it slippin away an sneakin up on us, or anyone else, unawares.  Or worse, gettin up inna city at night."
Ymid
 NPC, 48 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 19:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 527):

"Which part of it would you prefer to face? The part that eats, the flank, or the barbed and venemous tail?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:30, Mon 21 Jan.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 799 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 19 Jan 2019
at 23:57
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'm inclined to prefer the flank, unless there's a path to a quick kill from the eating end, like an arrow through the roof of the mouth.  The Brothers claimed you could kill a dragon that way, though I'm not as confident in their wisdom as I used to be."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 367 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 20 Jan 2019
at 05:38
Re: Near the bone gate
"Usually an unprotected flank is the best place to attack a dangerous opponent."
Narrator
 GM, 5819 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 21 Jan 2019
at 21:50
Re: Near the bone gate
Are you heading toward the guild or back up the ladderwell?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 800 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 21 Jan 2019
at 22:47
Re: Near the bone gate
"Wait.  Jareth, did you mean we should try to meet it at the Bone Gate?  Because otherwise, if it can come through, it could go almost anywhere down here or up into the city before we can dispose of this body and come back."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1530 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 21 Jan 2019
at 23:52
Re: Near the bone gate
"Could also see if otty wants t'e demon corpse, probably, maybe, good as fire..."




OOC:
Narrator:
Are you heading toward the guild or back up the ladderwell?

Considering that we're spitting distance from the "cult's barracks" rooms and the circular staircase up, I figured we were already heading that way, since it's shorter?

Narrator
 GM, 5823 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 17:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 533):

You get to the spiral staircase you had removed the evil runes from. The stench above is stronger, but not yet enough to really affect anyone.
Clarence Montague
 player, 170 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 19:22
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 534):

Clarence is glad to get there, and holds the light to help the first person up, who he will follow.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 801 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 23:30
Re: Near the bone gate
"Smells like it's already started through the Gate.  We best step it up."

With that, Mario starts up the stairs, light stone still glowing at the upper nock of his bow.  He pauses just below the top, extending his bow upward to see what the light reveals.
Narrator
 GM, 5832 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 23:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 536):

The small room at the top of the stairs is clear. The odor beyond the metal fronted door is stronger.
Clarence Montague
 player, 171 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 02:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 537):

Clarence follows, holding the light out...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 802 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 23:50
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario raises his voice, hoping to be heard below.

"It's not here yet, but I think it's close.  Don't come up unless you're ready to fight."


He steps toward the metal cased door to check the condition of the lock (with little illusion that it will matter if the worm wants to come through).
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1531 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 06:49
Re: Near the bone gate
"Charlene, ya can leave t'e body downstairs, with gate locked it oughta be safe...ish."

Jareth joins Mario upstairs.
Narrator
 GM, 5839 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 16:49
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 540):

The stench becomes hard to bear, and you can hear something pressing against the door!
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 345 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 18:38
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn comes up and hears the scraping noise, she casts Flame jet and uses it to start heating the door up
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1532 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 19:34
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  GM, Does the door open inwards or outwards?

Jocelyn, if the door opens inwards, you might want to hold off a moment.

Clarence Montague
 player, 172 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 20:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 543):

"On the contrary, regardless of which way it opens, heat up the door to damage the thing and move it away from the door..."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 346 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 21:42
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 544):

That was my thinking ... and if it does open, flame is it's first reception.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 368 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 25 Jan 2019
at 15:30
Re: Near the bone gate
Is the door fully metal, or is it wooden with metal around the edges and bands across it?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1533 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 20:27
Re: Near the bone gate
"By time t'e door heats at all, not even enough cause any harm, t'e creature be long gone."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 803 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 23:50
Re: Near the bone gate
"Might depend on how fast it is, but if it isn't trying to come through this door, we might be able to chop into its flank.  Anyone got poison?  Anyone know what might work on a worm from another world?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 173 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 00:33
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 548):

"Not to appear dull, but I can shed no light on that situation...sorry."
Narrator
 GM, 5848 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 21:06
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 549):

The door swings out into the corridor, and is wooden with thin bronze facing. It is rattling slightly as if being leaned against, not like being charged. The odor is foul. Everyone make a HT roll.
Clarence Montague
 player, 174 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 21:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 550):

Clarence maintains his dignity...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 804 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 23:50
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario's nose wrinkles.  "Whoa!  Stinky!  Jocelyn, if you can open that door without burning yourself, we can start actually doing something to the worm."
Brodak
 player, 327 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 23:58
Re: Near the bone gate
smell like snaga cave
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 347 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 23:59
Re: Near the bone gate
Whew, worse than cheap perfume
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 369 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 05:49
Re: Near the bone gate
"Gah, that is a horrid stench." Nodwin's stomach turns at the smell.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1534 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 08:06
Re: Near the bone gate
"Blehhhhhhhhhhh...."





OOC: 03:04, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  HT 10.
Narrator
 GM, 5852 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 15:34
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 556):

The stink of otherworldly rot is too much for Nodwin and Jareth. Charlene can keep it together, but the ferret is sympathetically affected by the bond to jarret and is noisily ill.

It will take a considerable amount of damage to eliminate the door (DR 5, hp 40)

Or combined ST rolled vs a significantly lhigh number to push it out of the way.
Clarence Montague
 player, 175 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:15
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 557):

"Can't we just leave it for more, err, competent folk to deal with? I mean, we cant really open the door..."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 805 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 23:30
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'd ask where else we might intersect that tunnel, if Jareth weren't as likely to destroy the map as read it.  However.

"The Bone Gate is, um, that way."
  Mario points from memory.  "There are a limited number of ways that connect on this level.  The worm almost has to be going either up or down before it gets far."

Mario looks around at the group.  "Say, Alaric, how are you doing?  Are you functional enough to fight?  Or at least stay out of harm's way?"
Alaric, the wounded man
 NPC, 28 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 15:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 559):

The greatly weakened and still visibly  wounded man can barely stand, and is currently unarmed
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1538 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 17:34
Re: Near the bone gate
*Cough**choke*"...just let it go..."*choke**cough*
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 806 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 20:33
Re: Near the bone gate
"I agree, that's probably the best choice at this point.  We might as well work on getting Alaric and that demon corpse up to street level, then.

Maybe we can be more effective in the open air, where this stench will blow on the breeze -- or maybe someone up there has something that will get rid of the thing."

Clarence Montague
 player, 176 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 20:46
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 562):

"I doubt the Hadereum will stand for the competition..."
Narrator
 GM, 5871 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 563):

The door rattles for some time, and then is still. A faint rasping sound can be heard as whatever was rattling it passes by. Gradually the stink fades.
Clarence Montague
 player, 177 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 23:00
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 564):

"Can we go and report this now?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1540 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 05:16
Re: Near the bone gate
"If goin t'e direction I ken it's going, is headed out t'e sea..."
Clarence Montague
 player, 178 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 05:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 566):

"Why would it do that?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 807 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 10:18
Re: Near the bone gate
"I wouldn't assume it knows its way around Northport or the Undercity.  That may just be the way it went, and now it can't turn without considerable effort, tearing down walls and such."
Charlene Le Poire
 NPC, 34 posts
 Guard
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 19:54
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 566):

"I did a couple of delves with that Broderick character, the guy with the mechanical dwarf? There is a lot going on that way... I mean dockside is over there but there are a lot of twists and turns.,"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1541 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 23:02
Re: Near the bone gate
"Yeah, t'ere are... but t'e main line widens as it approaches t'e harbour, so t'e worm might just find itself followin t'e easy path to t'e smell it ain't smell before..."
Jareth trails off for a second.

"Huh.  Or maybe it's followin t'e scent o' dead fish.  Eit'er way, ain't nothin we can do about it.  But if ain't caused no trouble by later today, we report it cuase that mean it went deep into t'e undercity an not run into no one up top."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 808 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 23:53
Re: Near the bone gate
"That makes good sense to me."  Mario pauses.

"Say, if, ah, you called that a bhole?  If it's drawn to the scent of dead fish, mightn't it be attracted to a place where the Saturnines are storing dead cuttlefish to dye their robes?"


"Either way, we should probably head up to street level as quickly as we can."

Clarence Montague
 player, 179 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 01:06
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 571):

"Agreed." He thought for a moment, then said "Actually, if it is that large that it cannot turn around, can we run up behind it and cut it to pieces with relative impunity?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 348 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 02:30
Re: Near the bone gate
I thought it had a stinger on the back end...
Clarence Montague
 player, 180 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 05:10
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 573):

"With eyes, or would it just stab blindly until someone cut it off?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 349 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 19:30
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn shrugs ... It doesn't sound like it swings it's tail forward in these narrow tunnels, so it must have some means of knowing where to stick it.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1542 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 19:53
Re: Near the bone gate
"Say we let it go.  Ain likely to take it... an don't want find out it can fold-over an come back with mouth as wide as t'e tunnel..."

Jareth unlocks the door and peeks out...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 370 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 22:18
Re: Near the bone gate
"Is it attracted to anything in particular?  Could we bait it back through the gateway?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1543 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 23:01
Re: Near the bone gate
"Corpses.  But that probably draw more to t'e gate before it draw this one out."
Clarence Montague
 player, 181 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 23:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 578):

"Oh. How can we close the gate then?"
Narrator
 GM, 5892 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 01:18
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 579):

The corridor walls and floor are streaked with foul slime, and there is a greasy trail of bones, many larger than mansized. In the distance, you can see a shattered gate ripped from its hinges.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1544 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 02:58
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  Where exactly are we located?
Narrator
 GM, 5897 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 15:36
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 581):

Occ dear gods, I have been working with a theoretical map rather than an actual one for a couple of years now. Iirc, you are now in the hall past the bone gate room, near the cultists access point, which is by the large room you stenched them in. The broken gate is the one that was between the common cellar area where the bone gate was, and the main corridor from there that lead to the cultist area after turning, and eventually  leads to the main central corridor.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1545 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 21:47
Re: Near the bone gate
"Is clear.  Let's get this over with."

Jareth commences leading them home.





OOC:
Narrator:
Occ dear gods, I have been working with a theoretical map...

No worries.  That's why I asked, I wasn't sure where we were in relation to home base.

It does mean that Jareth might be wrong about the direction the bhole was heading though, if so, please let me know.  ;)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:48, Fri 08 Feb.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 809 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 23:51
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario looks once again at the destruction from the great worm's passage.  "That grate didn't look like it even slowed the worm down!  Probably good that we couldn't open the door."

OOC: You might be turned around, Jarath, but I'm not.  Absolute Direction.
Narrator
 GM, 5905 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 17:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 584):

The bhole may have been heading north and east. The way back is clear, if unsecured.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1546 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 18:03
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth leads everyone home.



OOC:
Narrator:
The bhole may have been heading north and east. The way back is clear, if unsecured.

So presuming we're somewhere in the Redlight/Artisan district*, it's definitely headed bayward.


* The Junior House is just inside Redlight, near the Artisan district right?

This message was last edited by the player at 18:04, Sun 10 Feb.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 350 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 18:34
Re: Near the bone gate
Let's move! we can chat later
Clarence Montague
 player, 182 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 19:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 587):

Clarence just nods, looks to his 8-legged friend, and follows Jareth.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1547 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 20:03
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC
Jareth Mooncalled:
So presuming we're somewhere in the Redlight/Artisan district*, it's definitely headed bayward.

Wait... I got my east and west mixed up again... so it's heading to little Shevnia?  Hmmm...

I'm still not seeing a problem...  :P

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 810 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 23:34
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario follows along with Jareth.

"Someone help Alaric?  He's pretty beat up, still."

Ymid
 NPC, 49 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 11 Feb 2019
at 22:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 590):

The Ymid scrapes some of the slime into a vial, and then approaches the smashed gate.

The metal runs through its fingers, forming strange patterns, and achieves the semblance of a gate, although it is oe that hurts your brain to look directly at.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 811 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 09:52
Re: Near the bone gate
"Umm, Ymid?  You can come up to our place if you want.  It's a good place to rest and have a meal, but you probably shouldn't wander around in the streets.  Most folks are likely to think you're some sort of demon."
Ymid
 NPC, 50 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 13:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 592):

The Ymid peers through the bone gate for what seems to be an overly ling period of time, the Yr-go twittering anxiously. It reaches it's gnarled staff through the pirtal, and hauls out a large mangled piece of metal that wobbles a footor so above the ground. Slowly the creature turns toward you.
"That may be necessary. I will require certain things to make repairs."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1548 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 18:35
Re: Near the bone gate
"Can ye close this gate an t'en open again later?  Keep any bholes, ghuls, gaunts, ghasts, or gugs from wanderin over."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 812 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 23:35
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario sidles near the gate and looks through while waiting for Ymid's response.
Ymid
 NPC, 51 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 595):

The Ymid reaches with his gnarled staff to touch several of the glowing glyphs that form part of its border, causing them to glow, and in two instances, change into othe glyphs. The opening grown partly opaque.

It seems to be sagging slightly, as if drained, and shuffles toward you.

A moment later, there is a strange beeping sound from the crystaline tablet hanging from its waist.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 371 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 02:13
Re: Near the bone gate
"That was impressive and convenient, Ymid. It's reassuring to know nothing else can come through for now." Nodwin smiles.

"Let's head back to our place and get some rest and take care of that body."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1550 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 07:12
Re: Near the bone gate
"I've got bunch questions about that... but can wait till we're safe an rested."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 813 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 09:57
Re: Near the bone gate
"Yes, let's go."
Ymid
 NPC, 52 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 20:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 596):

The elder thing pauses to examine its device.
"Interesting. There is a localized summoning of a servitor of a familiar nature in progress. Apparently a number of extraplanar entities along with the humans invoking have been sacrificed.  I would very much inclined to view the proceedings, but I need to rest."
Clarence Montague
 player, 183 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 22:01
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 600):

"That sounds nasty. I am not sure we are ready to fight that thing...should we not go inform the guards?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 814 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 00:27
Re: Near the bone gate
"Rest first.

"'Localized summoning'?  And sacrificing humans and whatever?  I don't like the sound of that, but we're probably not equipped to deal with it.  Especially with both you and Jareth just about to fall over."

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1551 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 06:05
Re: Near the bone gate
"Agreed Mario.  An with Alaric being as bad off as he is, no shape to chargin after cultists.  Ymid, which direction from here ya feelin it?  An can ya estimate distance?  We can send Mario... maybe someone faster, Clarence to... ah, maybe respectable... Jocelyn, Nodwin one o' ya like hie off an alert t'e guards once we're topside?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 184 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 06:20
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 603):

"Waddaya mean, respectable?"

Almost as if proving a point, he rubs his runny nose on his sleeve.

"I can shave..."
Ymid
 NPC, 53 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 22:22
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 603):

"It is fairly proximate, perhaps within this edifice, but not close enough to encounter without exertion.... (uncertain speculation about measuring tangible distances within a three dimensional vs a five dimensional space... the only reasonable standards of measurement are not found on this plane, and it uses platinum-iridium {secondary image of the color orange} and proper notation... nothing proximate adheres to standard... drat where do I keep that conversion application??)... it is a threshold shift indicator alarm ( brief thaumaturgical diagram, with numerous moving parts, including some usually seen as mathematical constants) and not a precision location system."

Anyone with Thaumatology as a skill needs to make a fright check, and also has a searing headache. Crit successes may grant a perk that grants a bonus on certain rolls.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:25, Thu 21 Feb.

Clarence Montague
 player, 186 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 22:39
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 605):

"oooh, what a headache! Can we just go now..."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:41, Thu 21 Feb.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 351 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 23:01
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn holds her head ...oh Gods, what did you do?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 815 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 00:25
Re: Near the bone gate
"The first part of that made some sense.  It's close, but not right next door, so to speak.  Even so, I don't think we can do anything with it without resting, and if it's like most magic it'll be all over by then.  Let's go home and see if anyone has burned our block down."

Mario is conspicuously un-bothered by the diagrams and description of the measurement method.
Narrator
 GM, 5935 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 00:54
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 608):

Thaumatology skills for those with, again, crits are important.
Clarence Montague
 player, 188 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 01:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 609):

Clarence just looks forwards dumbly...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 352 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 02:16
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 609):

A second roll or for those who haven't yet?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1554 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 05:26
Re: Near the bone gate
"T'e extra-planars were sacrificed?  Or maybe t'ey die close proximity to t'e incursion sight?"

Jareth acts unfazed.



OOC:   00:21, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9, 10 using 3d6,3d6.  Will 15, Thaumatology 14.


00:25, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Acting 11.  Pretending to be unfazed by the splitting headache.

Narrator
 GM, 5947 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 20:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 612):

You are pretty sure the Ymid magically augmented an innate quasi-magical or psionic power, and that it wasn't quite a spell by itself, but something like a few pieces of interdependent meta spells cast to modify a power.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1555 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 21:01
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:
Jocelyn Lemru:
A second roll or for those who haven't yet?

I take it was a Fright Check (that gives a headache regardless of success if have Thaumatology due to understanding what some of the numbers/symbols are thus giving the Ymid a foothold into your tasty brain bits) followed by a Thaumatology to actually understand the numbers/symbology...

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 353 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 21:06
Re: Near the bone gate
OK, she seems to understand some of it...
Narrator
 GM, 5953 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 20:58
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 615):

The device seems to have a combination of the spells Alarm and Link tied into a native power that appears not to be limited to the proximate plane of existence, the modifiers of which appear to involve things like spell failure, summoning spells, and conditions of presence that are not magically described, but involve something other.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:55, Mon 25 Feb.

Clarence Montague
 player, 189 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 07:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 616):

Player, like character, badly failed Thaumatology roll...
Narrator
 GM, 5961 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 13:58
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 617):

The Ymid can passively and actively detect weird things like catastrophic spell failure, weirdness magnets, and elder thig involvement; the tablet (among other functions) can refine this sense as a filter to specific conditions.


In any case, you head upstairs, schlepping the demon corpse and the still wounded Alaric.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 354 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 17:20
Re: Near the bone gate
The Magical Sword is likely Alaric's... we shouldn't take it from him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:40, Fri 01 Mar.

Clarence Montague
 player, 192 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 20:00
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 619):

"Fair enough. Does he need the gemstone in it though?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 355 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 20:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Most likely...and it is HIS! taking it is stealing from him.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:41, Fri 01 Mar.

Clarence Montague
 player, 193 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 21:44
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 621):

"Steady on, I was going to ask him first. Once he has his sanity, he might be grateful for the rescue."

He makes sure his little 8-legged friend has something to eat from his rations as well, since he will be getting some more soon.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 356 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 22:15
Re: Near the bone gate
And he might need cash, although if he joins us, we might float him a loan.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:42, Fri 01 Mar.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 818 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 12:27
Re: Near the bone gate
"He's not the only one who could do with some coin, but that just means we don't get much rest before we go out looking for more, I guess.  Still ahead of standing guard in some shop, and considerably less boring.  I'm sure I'm not as exhausted as Jareth, anyway.

"Say, Ymid, do you eat?  What kinds of things?  Our kind often eats and drinks as part of resting.  If you need something that isn't too improbable this side of the Gate, I could run out and try to find some."

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 358 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 20:49
Re: Near the bone gate
Alaric, is that your sword or just one someone hit you with?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:44, Fri 01 Mar.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 372 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 02:56
Re: Near the bone gate
Is Aleric conscious and lucid?
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 359 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 03:39
Re: Near the bone gate
I believe so, he is walking with some aid...

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:44, Fri 01 Mar.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 820 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 19:34
Re: Near the bone gate
"I assumed it was his.  It was in his hand, instead of stuck in him."
Alaric, the wounded man
 NPC, 29 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 628):

"N0 m0r3 sW0rD!"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 360 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 21:14
Re: Near the bone gate
So you wish to be rid of it? We can provide you with one of those we recovered, so you will not be unarmed.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:40, Fri 01 Mar.

Alaric, the wounded man
 NPC, 30 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 21:25
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 630):

"bEen fiGhting f0reVer. No m0re sWord"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 361 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 22:40
Re: Near the bone gate
I understand... may we split the money among us all?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:39, Fri 01 Mar.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1567 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 23:39
Re: Near the bone gate
"Should cut him in for half share, some money while his head get straight an get on his feet."
Clarence Montague
 player, 195 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 23:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 633):

"That sounds fair. I still like that stone, though."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 362 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 02:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 633):

Well , that's fine too, I was just going to count him in as a apart of the group, but either way is fine.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:45, Fri 01 Mar.

Ymid
 NPC, 54 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 21:46
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 635):

"I do not think that stone is a trifling matter."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 16:11, Sat 02 Mar.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1568 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 01:34
Re: Near the bone gate
"Aye, t'e stone worth more than all t'e ot'er treasure we've found t'e last t'ree days."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 822 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 12:21
Re: Near the bone gate
"No doubt, if it still has a wish in it we could write our own price.  I'd rather be well out of town before we hand it over, though.  Those things have a tendency not to turn out well for whoever uses them, from what I've heard."
Narrator
 GM, 6000 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 16:36
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 638):

Jareth is aware of a fellow named
Rabelais el Sur who specializes in magical contract law...
Narrator
 GM, 6011 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 14:43
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 639):

You settle into your rooms (the Ymid taking
 an unoccupied attic space) and Alaric breaks ito tears when he sees sunlight.
Clarence Montague
 player, 196 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 19:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 640):

In the meantime, Clarence will feed his new-found friend...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 365 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 23:13
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn will slip into Jareth's room, just for fun.
Clarence Montague
 player, 197 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 23:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 642):

Ht roll to check for a new dependent in 9 months? :D
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 824 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 00:03
Re: Near the bone gate
Before crawling in for the night, Mario checks on Mellarill and Crotchsniffer -- she's been awfully quiet for a while.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1571 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 7 Mar 2019
at 01:33
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
You settle into your rooms (the Ymid taking an unoccupied attic space) and Alaric breaks ito tears when he sees sunlight.

OOC:  What is the time of day when we get back (you mention sunlight...)?
Narrator
 GM, 6023 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Mar 2019
at 22:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 645):

Late afternoon
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1573 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 03:16
Re: Near the bone gate
"Sorry Jocelyn, daylights burnin an t'ese loots might dangerous just leave lyin around.  Best get to sellin an turn t'em to nice, safe, stacks of coinage."

Jareth will see if anyone wants to join him on a sales run, especially Brodak.




22:02, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 11 using 3d6.  Merchant 13, selling the loot, trying for a better price...


Keep in mind, we have that Puissant Broadsword.  Depending on how much we get for the "Wish Stone", that broadsword could be 'just under' a share ($2,200) if someone wanted it instead of selling it.  Mentioning this because I don't recall if Brodak is an axeman or a swordguy...

This message was last edited by the player at 03:55, Sat 09 Mar.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 366 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 03:33
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 647):

I don't mind, I'll come with you and get Brodak as well... should keep all but the stupid in line.


She'll walk out and ask Brodak to join them.
Brodak
 player, 330 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 03:34
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak shrugs, stands and grabs his axe and shield. Ready
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 825 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 11:38
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'm not the exhausted one.  I'll come along.  Maybe grab a sausage and a cup of tea while we're out."
cultist
 NPC, 41 posts
 deluded soul
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 19:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 650):

The stone may take a jewelery (or trap rempval ) skill to remove without breaking the stone.

A handful of robed peasants with rucksacks are waiting outside. One has a wooden symbol of Vejovis on her neck, complete with a painted image of a youth leading a goat with a fistful of arrows in one hand. They look a little anxious.
Clarence Montague
 player, 198 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 20:04
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to cultist (msg # 651):

Hearing the goat bleat, Clarence comes out to see if there if food available for his pet...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 826 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 09:04
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario looks the group over, checking for the cross-and-crescent symbol of the Saturnines and the squid ink color of the robes.

"You folks look lost."

OOC: Nice trick, picking up the bleat of a painted goat.  ;)
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1574 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 09:14
Re: Near the bone gate
"You good folks lookin for Brother Nodwin?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 367 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 18:13
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 653):

OOC - Yeah, that's really good hearing!
Clarence Montague
 player, 199 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 19:38
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 655):

[OOC: oops, maybe I misread that! Lets just say it was the commotion then...]
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 368 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 20:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 656):

OOC- Maybe you should ask the GM to up your hearing to that level? Might be useful... Not sure if it comes under Hearing or as a DisAd called Hears things...
Gareth
 player, 375 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 21:11
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 657):

Hearing phantom voices? Is that a disadvantage? I thought they gave good advice!
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 827 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 23:15
Re: Near the bone gate
"Nodwin?  Goats?!"  Mario shakes his head.  "Oh, wait, are these folks followers of Vejovis?"
cultist
 NPC, 42 posts
 deluded soul
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 23:41
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 659):

"Hail Vejovis! Yes, we seek Brother Nodwin, on the advice of Nicodemus Aurellius, priest of Vejovis. A number of us have recently arrived, and are in need of a place to stay. We are without coin, but are willing to work for our keep, and Nicodemus suggested that our taking residence here would satisfy some initiative of the Hades Priests to repopulate this desolate neighborhood. I find the Hades priests rather suspect, but it seems they hold some sway here."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 828 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 08:49
Re: Near the bone gate
"I can't say I completely like the Hadereum and their patron, Dispater, but they healed my leg, and they try to keep the town under control."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1575 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 00:04
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth pops his head back in, "Nodwin, t'ere's a flock here for you..."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 373 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 14 Mar 2019
at 04:53
Re: Near the bone gate
Stepping out of the building, Nodwin bows his head to his fellow followers of Vejovis.
"May Vejovis' blessing be upon you, how are you all this fine day?"
cultist
 NPC, 43 posts
 deluded soul
Fri 15 Mar 2019
at 22:01
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 663):

"And upon you also Brother Nodwin! We are recently arrived to Northport, and Patra Nicodemus Aurelius sent us to you! Many of our group are refugees, fleeing serfdom in Veroigne into the arms of Vejovis' church."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 374 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 04:34
Re: Near the bone gate
"Be welcome. What can a simple servant of Vejovis as I do for the Patra?"
cultist
 NPC, 44 posts
 deluded soul
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 18:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 665):

"If you permit us to stay, we can work for our keep, as we can see this compound of your needs upkeep, and perhaps a well tended vegetables garden in the common area. Some of us were in service, others farmers. We could use your guidance in adapting to city life. A traveler we met along the road to the city suggested that we might find membership at the Adventurer's Guild as day laborers, and thusly avoid renewed indenture at the hands of the Hades priests."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1578 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 17:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"Nodwin, ya know which apartments been claimed an which be empty, so just give 'em out as ya see fit."  He leans in close and whispers, "Just give a minute to move Ymid to mine, an keep 'em out any with access t'e sewers, ya?"



OOC: Then, if Nodwin agrees to this plan, Jareth will go and surreptitiously move Ymid to his apartment (the one directly above the Bone Gate), and then hey, maybe have a quick chat with the Ymid about keeping out of sight till we get his boat squared away.  If not, I'll play it by ear.
Ymid
 NPC, 55 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 21:18
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 667):

The thing ascends into Jareth's loft and collapses into the straw.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1581 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 20 Mar 2019
at 21:45
Re: Near the bone gate
Having safely ensconced their... eh... 'friend' Jareth gathers the group that was heading out to sell the goods and heads out to sell the goods (unless Nodwin or anyone else that's staying behind needs something?).
Narrator
 GM, 6077 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 20:53
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 669):

In so doing you get a handful of silver for the weapons (excepting the sword Alaric was using) and the orichalcum  cuffs, for which you get a fat sack of silver (prices as previously discussed) a certain amount of that will have to go into repairing leaky rooves and getting whitewash, and a few cheap locks for the doors.
Brodak
 player, 331 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:08
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 670):

OOC - I have gone back 3 pages and haven't found the amounts, could we please get a break down?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 829 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:36
Re: Near the bone gate
"I can slop whitewash as well as anyone, if I have to, but for a roof, all I know to do is paint pitch on it, and that usually doesn't help much."
Clarence Montague
 player, 200 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:40
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 672):

"Is there a cellar my friend can call home?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 830 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:42
Re: Near the bone gate
"Kind of.  The main house has a cellar, but it's our access to the undercity.  We keep that door locked, though, so it shouldn't be a problem."
Clarence Montague
 player, 201 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:49
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 674):

"Lovely place for a bunch of spider webs then!"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1582 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Brodak:
OOC - I have gone back 3 pages and haven't found the amounts, could we please get a break down?

They're in the Awards thread msg #89 :
link to a message in this game


GM:
Cheap weapons:
Dagger $3
Shortsword $64
Large knife $6
Thrusting broadsword $120
Spear $9
Knife $3
Axe $9

In addition to these weapons, he carries a pussiant+1 broadsword, worth $5500

There is also a gem embedded in the hilt which may be a very valuable spell stone


The cuffs were in post #113 and net $1200.

So, barring the Broadsword of Smiting (which will bring another $2,200*) and the Gem of "Wishing" (provenance unknown, but suspected to net $6,400*), we net...

-drumroll-
$1,414.  For a split of $166 each, the house gets $169, and Charlene gets $83.


I say we chip like $6 each towards getting Alaric on his feet (putting $42 aside for him, since that's what Relieve Madness costs and there is no permanent cure madness spell).



* For a net split of $1,010 each, house gets 1,025, Charlene gets $505.  If my suspicions are correct.

Brodak
 player, 332 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 22:58
Re: Near the bone gate
OK, Thanks
Clarence Montague
 player, 202 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 21 Mar 2019
at 23:01
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 676):

Clarence is glad to give him $16 even!
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 831 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 08:59
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth Mooncalled:
I say we chip like $6 each towards getting Alaric on his feet (putting $42 aside for him, since that's what Relieve Madness costs and there is no permanent cure madness spell).



* For a net split of $1,010 each, house gets 1,025, Charlene gets $505.  If my suspicions are correct.


Mario's eyes get big.  "See, I knew adventuring was going to pay better than guarding a shop!"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 369 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 17:21
Re: Near the bone gate
I am sure I can manage at least double that $6
Narrator
 GM, 6081 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 19:21
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 680):

It would be possible to make use of the wish rather than sell it, after seeing a guild specialist like Lucien Guibert.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 370 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 19:29
Re: Near the bone gate
So perhaps we could wish Alaricwell again and get rid of his mental issues. That would certainly be fair.
Narrator
 GM, 6083 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 21:24
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 682):

That might earn everyone some CP
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 832 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 21:44
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn Lemru:
So perhaps we could wish Alaricwell again and get rid of his mental issues. That would certainly be fair.


OOC: I'd be in favor -- both of seeing the Guild's magical contract lawyer, and using the wish stone that way.  Keeps it out of the hands of folks who might do something terrible with it.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1585 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 21:48
Re: Near the bone gate
"All right, vote time.  All in favor using t'e stone, say aye, all in favor sellin it, say nay."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:49, Fri 22 Mar.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1586 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 21:49
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
That might earn everyone some CP

Knowing how much might factor into our votes.

Narrator
 GM, 6086 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Mar 2019
at 22:05
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 686):

I would go with 3CP each
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1588 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 00:21
Re: Near the bone gate
"I vote nay."
Clarence Montague
 player, 203 posts
 Torchbearer
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 01:06
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 688):

"I vote yay. It was his stone, I am sure he would want it used that way."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 371 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 02:25
Re: Near the bone gate
I also vote Aye.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 833 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 11:02
Re: Near the bone gate
"Could we get the Hadereum or the Tripartite bishop to try something, before we make a final decision on the stone?  I don't much like the idea of handing it over to some random person, but the extra money..."

This message was last edited by the player at 11:07, Sat 23 Mar.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1592 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 11:45
Re: Near the bone gate
"If his madness be caused from t'e curse, t'en t'e Hadereum should have t'e means... hmmm... probably cost about one silver each*."






OOC:  * Remove Curse comes to $14 and change split 7 ways (Nodwin, Jareth, Jocelyn, Mel, Brodak, Mario, Clarence).  And if you haven't read the OOC Thread, it's been determined that Remove Curse might work.
Narrator
 GM, 6089 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 14:24
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 692):

Nodwin knows a cleric who might help, Esmee the priestess of Clementia, who has a temple accross the hill from that of Vejovis.
Clarence Montague
 player, 204 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 08:51
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 693):

"Happy to wait and see what might be done to help him."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 376 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 16:31
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 694):

"I think I know someone who can help. Who want's to go to Temple Hill? Esme, the preistess of Clementia may be able to help him."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 374 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 18:57
Re: Near the bone gate
I have already agreed to go with Jareth.
Clarence Montague
 player, 206 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 20:20
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 696):

"Spidey and I can come..."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1596 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 01:16
Re: Near the bone gate
"Let's get Alaric cured an t'en find a buyer for t'e stone in t'e sword."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 375 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 02:45
Re: Near the bone gate
You are leading...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 835 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 09:08
Re: Near the bone gate
"I'm with you -- but I'm not going to carry you if you fall over from exhaustion."
Smol spoder
 NPC, 12 posts
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 16:15
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 700):

The spoder gets some odd looks as you head away from Junior house. A stray cat hisses at it and the spoder rears up with two legs in the air and chitters at it, prompting the cat to back away.

You pass west through the goblin artisinal district, and the woman with the pie stall smiles as you pass.
Clarence Montague
 player, 207 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 19:22
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 701):

Clarence laughs at the cat and the spider.

"Too many stray cats here anyways...and feel free to eat the rats!"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 836 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 21:58
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario waves at the pie seller as we pass.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 376 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 22:33
Re: Near the bone gate
Wonder why the Pie seller would smile at us ... doubt she makes pies out of Spoders and Crotch Sniffer is not with us ... have any of you frequented her stand?
Clarence Montague
 player, 208 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 00:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 704):

"Maybe cats eat her pies, so she wants a spider too?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1599 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 03:15
Re: Near the bone gate
"Jocelyn, this where ya bought t'e pies yesterday?"





OOC:  You know... two years ago... ;)

Msg# 609
link to a message in this game

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 377 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 03:21
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 706):

Holy Feather Dusters... how did you remember that!  But it does explain why she'd smile ...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1600 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 03:56
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn Lemru:
Holy Feather Dusters... how did you remember that!  But it does explain why she'd smile ...

I have an uncanny memory capacity for games... not for anything else... just games (and random bits of historical trivia).  And I had to check as I couldn't remember if it was you or Mario... because Mario had started his Junoirs career eating spoiled gobbo pie...

A good question is... how did gwythaint remember it, along with everything else he has to remember to keep these plates spinning?  Now that's a talent.

Quinzel
 NPC, 7 posts
 Goblin goodwife
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 15:46
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 708):

The pie seller is indeed the one Jocelyn bought intact pies from, and the one Mario was kind to at the cost of some sweaty time in a guarderobe.





Sometimes I have to review, but Mario's incident remains sharp.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 837 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 22:14
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: Try to stretch that last penny, and everyone remembers...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1601 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 00:03
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  Mario got some sweaty time with her pie in a garderobe?  Mario, you fiesty devil!
Clarence Montague
 player, 209 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 00:16
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 711):

That would give me the shits...oh, wait, that is what it gave Mario...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 378 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 01:52
Re: Near the bone gate
Gentlemen, may we move on now?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 839 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 09:01
Re: Near the bone gate
"The pies tasted fine.  Quinzel knows her way around a meat pie.

"Problem is, the pies had been broken when a gang of orcs tore up her pie stand.  I think they were jugger fans, or maybe players.

"Who knew a broken pie could spoil in less than an hour?"

Narrator
 GM, 6111 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 19:51
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 714):

You make your way toward temple hill. In line of sight are the temple of Vejovis, with that of Clementia to its left, and behind it to the right is the abandoned temple of Flora and Janus.
Clarence Montague
 player, 210 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 08:50
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 715):

To clarence, they are just a bunch of temples. Anything for a spider to catch and eat?
Smol spoder
 NPC, 13 posts
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 14:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 716):

The arachnid seems a little flustered by the unfamiliar sunlight, although not impaired.  It seems to be paying attention to a passing cat, but scuttles closer to Clarence as someone goes by with a mule cart.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1604 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 16:41
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  Huh... empty temples... adventuring possibilities abound.
Clarence Montague
 player, 211 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 19:03
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 717):

"There, there, spidy. It is ok."

He will try to comfort him before moving along with the rest.
Narrator
 GM, 6124 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 21:57
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 719):

You make your way past the trinket and incense sellers and begin your way up the path  into the temple mount proper.
Narrator
 GM, 6130 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 20:04
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 720):

The temples on the hills (they run the length of the city, many are domed and flanked by statues, some are elevated with broad steps and collonades)
Are in a state of disrepair, with the paths leading to them in disrepair.

The basalt entry to the subteranean temple of Vejovis has a marble statue of a laurel crowned youth leading a goat with one hand, and holding a fistful of arrows or lightnigngs in the other.

Accross the way is the white marble portico of Clementia, and a statue of a robed woman with open arms.
Clarence Montague
 player, 212 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 20:31
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 721):

Clarence is really more like a tourist in the temple precincts...he does not frequent these areas often unaccompanied, so this time he and spidy just follow along...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1605 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 21:34
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth steps back to let Nodwin take point.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 378 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 22:31
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will stop and pray in front of the temple of Vejovis for a moment.

"I will only be a moment"

OOC EDIT: removed the following text: Then, he will lead them across the street into the temple of Clementia, to see the Priestess Esmee.

OOC Balir's driver now taking over as Nodwin.  Happy to make your acquaintances. 

This message was last edited by the player at 20:40, Fri 05 Apr.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 840 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 22:52
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario's head swivels as he takes in the temples.

"The brothers always said these were pagans, many of them not evil, but merely mistaken.  They wouldn't even attend services at the cathedral, said Father Robard followed a, what did they call it?  A schismatic doctrine.

"I never really understood why they claimed goblins and kobolds and such weren't worthy.  Some of my best friends were goblins, in those days."

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 379 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 02:17
Re: Near the bone gate
As he walks, Nodwin addresses the concerns raised by Mario. As they are in his part of town, on his holy ground, it ceels appropriate for him to speak up. “There are many people for whom religion is very meaningful. It can bring out the best in us, when we have a standard we can aspire to. It brings accountability and value to our interactions. Unfortunately, there are many who bring their own human weakness into the religion they subscribe to. For example, bigotry and racism can be found in religious people, even when the tenants of the religion strictly guide us against it.  Usually, the biggest barrior to a religion are the people who represent it.  Every day, in some small way, I am judged against what you believe a follower of Vejovis should represent.  Many days I will be found lacking. I can only hope that in the small moments, when you find it meaningful, that you see the god shine theough me.  It is never me you see at my best, it is the power and presence of Vejovis that shines through. I am but a humble man who lets the god use me as a vessel, for the betterment of all. “
Clarence Montague
 player, 213 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 03:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 726):

"I know nothing about your god, so I just judge you by my own standards. But I look after me, so it it probably a bit selfish to judge you for not looking after me..."
Nicodemus Aurelius
 NPC, 1 post
 Priest of Vejovis
 unjust law is not a law
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 19:05
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 726):

"Brother Nodwin! I see you with your companions. Did the pilgrims reach you safely?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 380 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 19:52
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin smiles and responds "Yes, they did.  I intend to set them up with a place to live in our new home.  We could use someone to mind the property while we are away, and they would be perfect for the work.  It seems like an excellent arrangement for everyone involved.

In fact, I would like to speak with someone about setting them up as herbalists.  They have easy access to the common land there, and all the resources needed for an herb garden.  Do you know of anyone in the temple with these skills?

Also, we are here to see Priestess Esmee.  Do you know if she is in attendance at the temple of Clementia today?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Fri 05 Apr.

Nicodemus Aurelius
 NPC, 2 posts
 Priest of Vejovis
 unjust law is not a law
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 20:46
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 729):

"I do believe her to be present, as we spoke this morning about making ourselves present for a Hadereum trial later this week. She should be within the temple. What business do you have for Esme the Merciful?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 381 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 5 Apr 2019
at 04:16
Re: Near the bone gate
“We have with us a man who has been cursed. We wish to ask her favor, to see if the curse can be removed. “

OOC Just to refresh myself as much as anything...  Alaric had a nice sword, with a gem in the pommel that has a remaining wish.  The group discussed selling it for money, but also using it to heal Alaric of his madness.  The group tabled that discussion while we check in with Esme to see if she can remove the madness via Remove Curse.  If that works then we're free to sell the stone.  If not, then we're back to the original discussion.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:14, Fri 05 Apr.

Nicodemus Aurelius
 NPC, 3 posts
 Priest of Vejovis
 unjust law is not a law
Fri 5 Apr 2019
at 20:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 731):

"That is a pretty good reason to see her."

Occ: that is where we are.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 382 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 5 Apr 2019
at 20:47
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will nod in thanks, and then respond.  "I will take my leave of you then, and proceed to the Temple of Clementia, to see if I can speak with Priestess Esmee."

OOC Clearing up a bit of confusion.  Nicodemus Aurelius is listed as a Priest of Vejovis, which probably puts the setting at the Temple of Vejovis.  A couple lines up I mentioned crossing the street to enter the Temple of Clementia.  However, I think we never did (or a mistake was made).  No matter.  I made minor adjustments to a couple posts above to represent we were still at the Temple of Vejovis, and we can proceed across the street to meet with Prietess Esmee now.
Esmee
 NPC, 1 post
 Priestess of Clementia
 Goddess of Mercy
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 19:39
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 733):

Accross the way you see a robed woman standing in the portico of a painted marble temple. She smiles, and looks at your group questioningly.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 383 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 00:22
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will leave the group across the street, and then bow deeply in front of his counterpart.  "Priestess Esmee, it is my pleasure to make your acquaintance again.  May Clementia be with you.  I hope you are well this fine day."

.....

"We have come to see you on behalf of this man, named Alaric.  We found him cursed with great strength, but pierced by many weapons.  He had been driven to madness, although we were able to tame him for a time.  We came to you to see if you could remove this curse, and restore him to sanity.  Would you be willing to look at him?  We have alms for Clementia for the service."
Esmee
 NPC, 2 posts
 Priestess of Clementia
 Goddess of Mercy
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 17:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 735):

"It is good to see you also, Nodwin. As usual, any donations are used to buy out unfair contracts of indenture. Every little bit helps. Bring forth the supplicant."
Alaric, the wounded man
 NPC, 31 posts
 Human pincushion
 Pierced with weapons
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 17:25
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Esmee (msg # 736):

Weeping, Alaric stumbles forward. Esme examines his scars and lets out a low whistle.
Esmee
 NPC, 3 posts
 Priestess of Clementia
 Goddess of Mercy
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 17:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Alaric, the wounded man (msg # 737):

"He seems barely healed from the ordeal. Leave him with me a few days, and we will do what we can for him.
 Do you wish him to return to you when Clementia has extended her mercy to him?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:03, Mon 08 Apr.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 379 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 22:31
Re: Near the bone gate
He will be a free man, he is welcome to rejoin us, but has stated a desire to never again hold a weapon, so perhaps he can find a place more in keeping with his wishes.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 384 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 00:49
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin pauses for a moment.  He hadn't considered what exactly Alaric might want to do with his future.  After thinking about what Esmee asks, he turns to address the man.

"Alaric, may Vejovis be with you.  I also pray for the boon of Clementia upon you.  When you are done at the temple, you have a place in my home should you want to live there.  The temple of Vejovis would welcome you as well, as would I am sure Priestess Esmee.  If you wish, I have plans to teach some refugees some skill at healing.  If you need a trade to make your way in this world, I will offer to share that knowledge with you.  If none of that appeals to you, then go your own way with my blessing.  You always have a place to call home as long as I am here."

With that, Nodwin will again bow to the Priestess, and takes his leave.  "I will offer you these alms as payment for Alaric's condition.  If you require more, please contact me at my new residence, and I will gladly make another donation.  Alaric knows where I live."

OOC It was a little before my time in the game, but I think a payment amount was discussed.  I believe we should turn that over now, and then see if more is required down the road.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1610 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 01:47
Re: Near the bone gate
"Right, that be fifteen cooper each, let's all pony up."

Jareth makes the rounds gathering up everyone's offerings.




OOC:  100$ split seven ways comes to 14$ and change.  Call it 15$ and it puts 2$ extra towards the church.  Of course I ain't gonna tell anyone they gotta pay more, but you never when generosity now may not just nudge things in your favor later.

Jareth being an unGodly sort is only putting in 15$.

Clarence Montague
 player, 214 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 02:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 741):

"Huh, did we get paid for that stuff sold? Can't you just take it from there?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 380 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 03:23
Re: Near the bone gate
From what I find it was originally 3 Copper Pieces each.  I will contribute the $15 to Esmee...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1611 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 04:58
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn Lemru:
From what I find it was originally 3 Copper Pieces each.  I will contribute the $15 to Esmee...

It was originally 10$ each, not counting the Orichalcum Cuffs, which would bring in 140$ each, 150$ for the house, 70$ for Charlene.

However... I looked at that 10$ each and it didn't look correct... so I redid the math.  And then I noticed that either gwythaint's math was off, or he's being a bit generous (maybe he is, Jareth did try a Merchant roll after all).  A bit generous by 25.2$. (So not much in the grand scheme.)

My re-recorrected math shows us earning 163$ each, 165.8$ for the house fund, 82$ for Charlene.

With gwythaint's math we get 166$ each, 169$ for the house, and 83$ for Charlene.


And we haven't yet disposed of the Puissant Bastard Sword (+258$ each, +265$ house, +129$ Charlene) or the Wish Stone (++??????$) in it's pommel.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:03, Mon 08 Apr.

Clarence Montague
 player, 215 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 05:30
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 744):

Clarence will find $15 to give. Somewhere.

[OOC: So we have already recieved that? I was under the impression that we were heading out to get that now by selling stuff, so I just wanted to clarify. I had $150 on my character sheet, so I thought that if that was it, then the $13 was already taken. So now a little confused about what was paid when.]
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1614 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 06:33
Re: Near the bone gate
Clarence Montague:
[OOC: So we have already recieved that? I was under the impression that we were heading out to get that now by selling stuff, so I just wanted to clarify. I had $150 on my character sheet, so I thought that if that was it, then the $13 was already taken. So now a little confused about what was paid when.]

OOC:  We got paid in message #670 (through the amounts were discussed over in the Awards thread).  We never paid for Alaric to get fixed as we were still discussing exactly what and how.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:33, Mon 08 Apr.

Clarence Montague
 player, 216 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 07:43
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 746):

Ok. Then I will base it on that. So he pays $15 and has $148 left, right?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1615 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 14:18
Re: Near the bone gate
Clarence Montague:
Ok. Then I will base it on that. So he pays $15 and has $148 left, right?

Yup.  Unless gwythaint says otherwise (so keep an eye on the Awards thread).

Narrator
 GM, 6161 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 19:08
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 748):

That would be on point. Paying a jeweler $60 to remove the gem is the last bit.

Also Charlene has taken up residence in part of your block (which has 12 small houses. The Hadereum would probably be open to several of the buildings accross the street being part of your neighborhood renewal project of elevating it out 9f an abandoned slum.  More loot will be forthcoming,  from a peculiar source.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 385 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 19:15
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC As foreshadowing, Nodwin has plans to take one as a residence (possibly with room for Alaric), and allocate one for use by the refugees of Vejovis.  As long as no one objects, he's like to start a business in a 3rd one, to be played out in game once we get a bit further along.  It's all subject to party decision of course, just getting on the agenda, as it were.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1616 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 20:07
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
That would be on point.

Wait... what's "on point"?  My numbers (the lower ones) or your numbers?

quote:
Paying a jeweler $60 to remove the gem is the last bit.

Or just selling the stone lock, stock, and barrel.  If possible.  If not, then yeah, knock $60 of the sell prices of either of them and making more bank...



Nodwin Zideqick:
OOC As foreshadowing, Nodwin has plans to take one as a residence (possibly with room for Alaric), and allocate one for use by the refugees of Vejovis.  As long as no one objects, he's like to start a business in a 3rd one, to be played out in game once we get a bit further along.  It's all subject to party decision of course, just getting on the agenda, as it were.

And I know Jocelyn and Jareth have mentioned putting in an Alchemy Lab.  Either in the residence immediately above the Bone Gate (Jareth's apartment) or another.

So, if we each take one apartment, that's 8 for the crew (Nodwin, Jareth, Mario, Jocelyn, Mel, Brodak, Clarence, Charlene), 1 for Nodwin's business, 1 for a Lab (if necessary), that leaves 2 empty for refugees.

And we can head out tomorrow (maybe split up tackle a few different jobs at once) to acquire the extra buildings (and if they are 'safe' put the refugees over there), find a couple of quiet and reliable masons (or a Guild Earth Mage if we can afford one*), maybe a Locksmith (or Jareth can go take a crash course in locksmithery), finish hauling away the dead bodies in the 'basement'...


* Jocelyn doesn't have Shape Earth does she?

Clarence Montague
 player, 217 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 20:22
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth Mooncalled:
And I know Jocelyn and Jareth have mentioned putting in an Alchemy Lab.  Either in the residence immediately above the Bone Gate (Jareth's apartment) or another.

...find a couple of quiet and reliable masons (or a Guild Earth Mage if we can afford one*), maybe a Locksmith (or Jareth can go take a crash course in locksmithery), finish hauling away the dead bodies in the 'basement'...


Clarence is taking up magery, but points are going into his new ally ATM. But offering the roo to the Temple of Grom for one of their priests might even serve us better. Healing and Earth Magic combined...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 386 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 20:25
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC Shape Earth was on Nodwin's short list of spells, fits with Vejovis, and is a tremendously useful spell overall.  I don't know if he will end up getting it when we next get points, but it's on the short list.

He was also planning to set up a lab for use with Herb Lore.  Perhaps we can combine that with your Alchemy lab.  I though the refugees might want to learn a good trade, and it fits with Vejovis focus on healing.  The nice part of this is the courtyard would make an excellent location for a garden, where most of the important herbs could be grown easily enough.  Could also be used to help feed the refugees, and occasionally us as well.

I wasn't planning to use the refugees as support staff, so much as trying to find a mutually agreeable arrangement for everyone involved.  Refugees are normally very motivated group, just happy to have a roof over their heads and food on the table.  I'm sure they would watch over the buildings for a small fee, or even for free since they live there.  I figured the GM and I could iron that out off screen.  It's both logical, and good RP for Nodwin.

Narrator
 GM, 6163 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 21:39
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 751):

The higher set of numbers
Clarence Montague
 player, 218 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 22:43
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 754):

Maybe we should put in a shop front to fence looted sell recovered goods from expeditions? There are plenty of adventurers who might use it...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 387 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 23:15
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC Good idea Clarence, but I don't think we should do it.  While we'd get the full price for the merchandise ourselves, you have to have an inventory to get people in the store.  It takes time to sell stuff, and you have to have someone skilled with the Merchant skill to do the selling.  I doubt any PCs want to sit around in the store waiting on customers.

I'll add a second reason not to do it.  The guild undoubtedly has it's own fence as part of the infrastructure.  By taking in all the spoils from our adventuring, the guild makes a profit off of our work, which in turns leads to them sponsoring us.  If we start our own shop, suddenly we'd be in direct competition with them.  I doubt they would appreciate that much.  In fact, the GM might even make us play it as part of the game.  It could get heavy on the politics.

By selling our loot through the guild, we haggle on price with the Merchant skill, and get paid up front.  We can walk away with cash in our pocket, without having to do any of the dirty work.  It costs a fee, but someone else has to worry about moving the 10 surplus spears we just walked in with.

All of this is subject to what the GM wants to do of course, but that's my perspective as a newbie to the game.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 841 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 23:46
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario antes up the fifteen copper, with a little smile.  He adjusts his new bow on his shoulder.

"Well, and now it's back to a few meals, but we'll be out again tomorrow or the next day and bring back some more.  Even if I were down to my last few coppers, this is ahead of guarding a shop.

"Good luck, Alaric.  Looking forward to seeing you fully yourself."

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1617 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 00:08
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
The higher set of numbers

Alright peeps, you heard the man.  166$ each, 169$ for the house, and 83$ for Charlene.

Then -15$ (or whatever you give if it's more).


Nodwin Zideqick:
OOC Good idea Clarence, but I don't think we should do it.

Everything Nodwin said, plus the fact it's 'abstracted' so in order to make that extra amount someone would have to have higher levels of Wealth and the Merchant skill at, well, far higher than Jareth has it.  Or an Ally that has those things, which either way set that person (already on a 125 point budget) back a bit.

And we don't exactly sell only to the Guild, but I do suspect we primarily outfit from them... but yeah, I wouldn't want to go to 'war' with a bunch of Thieves Adventurers.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 381 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 04:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 751):

Only as it applies to Metal
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1618 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 04:27
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn Lemru:
Only as it applies to Metal

Ah.  Not unuseful... but it won't shape clay bricks back into place.

Narrator
 GM, 6166 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 19:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 756):

Acquiring a wealthy ally of a fence is doable but costly; an agent available full time is 20 points at your power level, but the city is large enough that you don't have to worry about the guild, so long as that person is a member.
Of course , someone with only a few characters to their name could add on a character who would open a shop on the end of the block, ( or in the pawnshop two blocks over next to the street collapse) in hopes of gentrifying the area I am open to that for sure, as they could sell at a higher rate for wealth and get you a better price.  Goodness knows this neighborhood could use some businesses and foot traffic.

Also, everyone gets a point for restoring Alaric.

Also, Charlene can be got as an ally for 8 points. right now she just has a high reaction to you all.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 388 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 19:33
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC Thank you sir.  Any word on whether Alaric will return to live in the row of homes, or if he plans to stay at one of the temples?  Or, not yet decided?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:33, Tue 09 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 6167 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 19:43
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 762):

Alaric may spend some time in service to Esme, as his soul needs healing, and he needs to learn a non fighting trade.
Clarence Montague
 player, 219 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 21:10
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 763):

Hmmm, I don't control many characters...I could come up with a fence character, with 3 ranks in Guild membership, perhaps. Based on how many CP would he be based on?
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 842 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 23:37
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: I'm in favor of applying one point toward Charlene as an Ally.  I'll leave "finding" a suitable fence, er, reseller to you, Clarence.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1620 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 02:23
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario Crowfoot:
OOC: I'm in favor of applying one point toward Charlene as an Ally.  I'll leave "finding" a suitable fence, er, reseller to you, Clarence.

Since she costs 8 points, and there are 7 of us, and the Base costs 20 points...

If we all throw 4 points* each at the "Base and Charlene" we can afford both.


* That's total.  Including any already tossed on the Base.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 843 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 08:53
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: I've already spent one on "Base" and one on "Upkeep".  Two more, total, you say?  I'm in.
Clarence Montague
 player, 220 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 11:39
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 767):

I already spent all my points so far, and I have a lot more to spend on my new Ally, but I would definitely consider spending points there too. I will just have to share them out.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 389 posts
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 15:08
Re: Near the bone gate

This message was deleted by the player at 22:34, Thu 18 Apr.

Brodak
 player, 333 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 20:17
Re: Near the bone gate
I have enough points to do this instead of character development... I support the Base; Charlene is not pretty women, skin too light and not strong like Orc Girl.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 844 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 10 Apr 2019
at 22:20
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: I'm still in.  At present, I stand at one each on Base, Upkeep, and Charlene as an Ally.  With a good reaction, and presumed continued paydays, she's likely to hang around until we have more points.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1621 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 00:20
Re: Near the bone gate
I've now gone 4 points in on the Base, Ind Inc, and Charlene.  I'm listing as "Base" on my sheet, but denoting it's meant for that 'group' of things.

If everyone just goes 1 point every adventure or so, it'll be straightened out in no time.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 383 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 04:54
Re: Near the bone gate
OK, I can do that...
Clarence Montague
 player, 221 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 06:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 773):

I still have the one point from helping Alaric...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 390 posts
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 16:32
Re: Near the bone gate

This message was deleted by the player at 22:35, Thu 18 Apr.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 384 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 20:09
Re: Near the bone gate
OK, I will use the one from Alaraic and one of my saved points and give 2 to the Base/Charlene.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1622 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 22:27
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin Zideqick:
When it comes to Charlene, Nodwin will be on the fence.  We seem to be more than capable without her, although it never hurts to have an extra set of hands.  I'll go with the group preference here.

Our combatants are one meat shield (no offense Brodak) and three glass cannons (Mario, Mel, Jocelyn).

I'm not exactly sure where Nodwin fits in... he hasn't done much combat wise yet, same with CLarence.  Jareth is a madman to be rushing into fights (which he does, because... well madman) and is totally unsuited to be anywhere near a fight (I built him as 3/4ths Sage and 1/4th Agent).


So, another meatshield to stand somewhere nearish to Nodwin or our glasscanons isn't remiss.  And it's literally 1 point (from each of us) going to getting Charlene as an Ally.  It's 3 going to Base/Ind Inc.

quote:
With that said, I spent the point from Alaric on Shape Earth.

EXCELLENT!  We won't need to hire a mason after all.... you do have Architecture or Masonry yes*?


* If you don't... don't worry, Jareth can help. He's got them both as defaults.  :P
Clarence Montague
 player, 222 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 11 Apr 2019
at 23:00
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 777):

Clarence as built does not really do anything well except, well hold and create light. The last lot of points he used to expand his spell list to create food as well (to go with his pot of cooking), but he is working much more as a utility person at this stage. He has sunbolt, but not at high enough level to really be useful.

Actually, on that note, How much would it cost to change

Small Shield, Heavy DB 1, $40, 4/15 DR/HP, 7 cover DR, 6 lbs
  Buckler Grip  $20, 2 lbs
  No Boss      -$25 -2 lbs
  Lantern Hook, $20, 0.5 lbs (Low Tech Companion, shield options)

for

Kite, Heavy DB 3, $120, 4/21 DR/HP, 9 cover DR, 18 lbs
  Buckler Grip  $20, 2 lbs
  No Boss      -$25 -2 lbs
  Lantern Hook, $20, 0.5 lbs (Low Tech Companion, shield options)

The Heavy flail he currently uses is one of the hardest weapons to use, and he just does not have the points to sink into being able to use it effectively.
Narrator
 GM, 6176 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 00:03
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 778):

The flail is essentially an iron lantern hanging from a pole. I disagree with making large shields buckler grip only, it is trying to wield a door by using the knob only. Large shields are designed with some kind of forearm strap. Also a buckler works because of the boss- it is where your hand goes. Otherwise you are holding a trash can lid.

If we are looking for a fence as a player, the default form of one is the agent from DF 15.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 391 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 01:28
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC  I had noticed the same thing Jareth.  Thankfully I have an answer for you.

Nodwin should be pretty decent in a fight.  When I took over the character, I pushed his staff up to a 14.  He was barely using his named weapon, and it seemed silly to carry it and not use it.  Plus, he can enchant it with fire.  And, getting the parry up to a 12 was very desirable.

On top of that, the player before me had pretty much every bit of armor enchanted.  Nodwin should be unexpectedly tough in a fight.  His DR is very respectable, plus he has all the healing spells for staying power.  Having him right next to Brodak wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Outside of that, he doesn't have a ton to do in combat.  He has a missile spell and the pistol crossbow, but neither are super effective at their current skill levels.  He can heal, but he's really under-utilized in that role.  I'm all for having Nodwin step in as our second melee guy.  He should be plenty good enough to guard Brodak's flank and take down a few guys on his own.

As for Charlene, I'm good either way.  Nodwin can do it, but another set of hands wouldn't hurt.

---

Nodwin does not currently have architecture or masonry.  He can probably come up with a decent default, especially if he takes extra time, and has someone with a little education around.  It wouldn't be a bad idea as a growth area though, but I have a few interests for the character....

---

I'm ready to move along whenever.  Sounds like Clarence has a few things to iron out yet.  Happy to make suggestions if you have questions, although Jareth is much more expert at this than I am.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1623 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 01:32
Re: Near the bone gate
Clarence Montague:
The Heavy flail he currently uses is one of the hardest weapons to use, and he just does not have the points to sink into being able to use it effectively.

Wait, you have a two-handed weapon and a shield?

And look at the Flail like this, for the -1 to skill (because you'll be 'laging' one skill level behind any one else who spent the same number of points) your foes are at -2 to block and -4 to parry, and specific weapons cannot parry at all.

It's far, far better than a non-flail guy using a Deceptive Attack (except for the foes who dodge).





Narrator:
I disagree with making large shields buckler grip only, it is trying to wield a door by using the knob only.

Not quite... but yeah.  There are styles of large shields that were bucklers, but they also used a guige.

They are... cumbersome at best.  They add literally nothing of value to using a shield this way rather than 'strapped' to the arm.  In fact, I'd argue they make the shield's use a bit more difficult (call it -1).  They're also pretty much only the Viking round shield, just really big and heavy.

quote:
Large shields are designed with some kind of forearm strap.

Also, what GURPS calls a 'large shield' the rest of the world generally calls a tower shield (or scutum).  They are not used like a buckler.

They only buckler large shield I'd call a 'buckler large shield', is the Viking round shield with the guige... and the guige is only there so the viking can let it hang when he's not using it (did I mention they are bloody heavy?) and get choked out by it when some nutter grabs his shield and jerks it around behind him.

quote:
Also a buckler works because of the boss- it is where your hand goes. Otherwise you are holding a trash can lid.

Not true, and certainly not by GURPS rules.  I've seen plenty of 'bucklers' without a boss.  They're just a little different, and tend to be small shields.

Why?  Because the boss leaves room for the hand to be closer in and centered on the shield, this lets the shield's center of gravity hang centered on the hand.  Conversely the scottish targe is light enough you can get away with the center of gravity being an inch out off of your fist (a targe is a small shield by GURPS standards and often foregoes a boss).

Look up Viking round shields... every single one that is a buckler (and thus accurate) has a boss.  Because otherwise it's a bitch to weild (it's a medium shield).  The only ones you'll see without a boss are meant to be strapped to the arm (and thus aren't really Viking round shields).


TL/DR:  Bosses aren't really necessary, not by RAW GURPS rules certainly (as per GURPS 4th Low-Tech Companion 2 Weapons and Warriors pg 20), and not really by reality (it's a useage thing, call it the martial style as to whether a buckler would have boss or not, but it's damnably prevalent).

This message was last edited by the player at 01:57, Fri 12 Apr.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1624 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 01:54
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin Zideqick:
OOC  I had noticed the same thing Jareth.  Thankfully I have an answer for you.

Excellent!  I figured being a staff wielder Nodwin was built as a caster primary and just hadn't gotten to the good stuff yet (and didn't have a lot of healing to do so far in our scrapes).

And yeah, then we can stick Charlene with either Jocelyn, Mario, or Mel (or all three).  Clarence sounds like he's going an odd "I'm not a Cleric" build, which is cool, but being spread out will leave him unfocused (I should know, that's Jareth's problem, Ten of All Trades, master of none).

quote:
Nodwin does not currently have architecture or masonry.  He can probably come up with a decent default, especially if he takes extra time, and has someone with a little education around.

Jareth has them both at 11 (defaulted).  So as long as we're taking Extra Time (and I don't flub the roll) I can pretty easily give a Complimentary bonus of +1.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:58, Fri 12 Apr.

Clarence Montague
 player, 223 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 02:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 782):

Hmm, bear in mind the shield in question is actually a kite shield, not a tower shield, and the modification does not remove the straps, but adds an extra grip, so it can be used as either. Kite shields, by my reading of history, often did not have a boss, but used a kind of brace that the arm could slide into quickly, as they were meant for mounted combat. As such, the hand sometimes was needed for the reins, so the shield would be 'holstered' on the horse when not in use. That was what I had in mind, anyway. But I appreciate that such a large shield would be difficult to wield one-handed. He has not been using them both at the same time, making his current weapon configuration even less attractive. A shield with the lantern hanging off it would serve the same purpose, and be better defensively.

While the flail might sound good, Jareth, I don't think he has hit anyone with it for ages! Despite several attempts...

With the fence, I was also looking at someone that had some artificer skills to look after the base at the same time.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1626 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 03:04
Re: Near the bone gate
Clarence Montague:
Hmm, bear in mind the shield in question is actually a kite shield, not a tower shield, and the modification does not remove the straps, but adds an extra grip, so it can be used as either.

Kites should be Medium Shields by GURPS standards.  The coverage is reduced and needs to be 'made up for' with mobility (ie skill).

quote:
Kite shields, by my reading of history, often did not have a boss..

No they didn't, because they're a 'strapped' shield (and not be bashed up on foes).  In this case yeah, many had both types of grips, or just loose leather strapping that could be wound up in one hand (taking a Ready maneuver) and be used like a Buckler.

Keep in mind, Shield (Regular), Buckler, and Shield (Guige) are all different skills and default to one another at -2.  So you might want to pick one and stick with it.

quote:
While the flail might sound good, Jareth, I don't think he has hit anyone with it for ages! Despite several attempts...

If you wanted to go "Torch and Board" you might ask if you can switch the Two-Handed Flail skill to regular Flail skill.  You'll lose 2 points of damage and free up 2 pounds of weight.  And could still have a lantern on a shtick (just a shorter shtick).

You kinda have to look at your skill level.  Would a +1 to hit be of greater value than your enemies losing that defense penalty.  I think (if I'm recalling correctly) the entire point of most Torchbearer's builds are either they stand there All-Out Attacking and smashing foes with decent damage output while a "hero" is there to throw a defense their way or they equip their shield and stand around blocking for the casters.

They weren't designed around balanced fighting.  So... yeah, you might need to redesign a bit to be a balanced fighter.

quote:
A shield with the lantern hanging off it would serve the same purpose, and be better defensively.

Truth... you could also have both!  A lantern shield and a lantern flail!  Twice the light!  Twice the chance of spilling oil all over and getting lit on fire!

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 845 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 09:10
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: FWIW, despite my recent (in game time) excursion into the "glass" side of Jareth's "glass cannon" description, I actually carry a staff as well as my bow, and have good skill with it.

You haven't seen me use it much because it's so much cooler (and more efficient) to drop things at a distance with arrows I don't have to replace -- but if I have literally two seconds to see an unavoidable melee coming up I can sling my bow (or drop it to save a second, but Mario hates doing that), ready my staff, and wade in quite competently.

Skill advances go into bow because Archer -- but skill 15 with a staff isn't useless in melee.
Narrator
 GM, 6185 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 16:56
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 785):

Clarence pretty much was limited to using the passive defense bonus of the shield with the lantern pole and shield.

https://drive.google.com/file/...nM/view?usp=drivesdk
Clarence Montague
 player, 224 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 14 Apr 2019
at 09:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 786):

Passive defence bonus? Isn't that something removed after 3rd Ed?
Chye Isuel
 player, 1452 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 15 Apr 2019
at 21:24
Re: Near the bone gate
yeah, it's just called DB now, (defense bonus) from shields. according to the shield's size.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 392 posts
Tue 16 Apr 2019
at 01:21
Re: Near the bone gate

This message was deleted by the player at 22:32, Thu 18 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 6200 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:19
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 789):

You all head back to the region of Junior House.

I am treating Base like a leveled perk. Anyone with higher levels has a better quality joint- 1 point gets you a run down status-2 room, 2 points gets you status -1, 3 points gets you a respectable looking middle class house and so on.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 393 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:30
Re: Near the bone gate

This message was deleted by the player at 22:33, Thu 18 Apr.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 385 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 22:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 790):

OOC - Can we get some idea of what we have put into the Base?
I think Brodak is in for 1
I think Jocelyn is in for 2
I think Mellarill was in for 1...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 394 posts
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 22:28
Re: Near the bone gate

This message was deleted by the player at 22:33, Thu 18 Apr.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 846 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 22:35
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: Mario has

2 Base
1 Upkeep (independent income)
1 Charlene as Ally
Clarence Montague
 player, 225 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 00:30
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 794):

Clarence will put 1 point into Spidey as ally for now...
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 386 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 04:02
Re: Near the bone gate
Looks like Jocelyn has a point in No Hassles....  but she just put one each into Base and Charlene...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1628 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 05:14
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
I am treating Base like a leveled perk. Anyone with higher levels has a better quality joint- 1 point gets you a run down status-2 room, 2 points gets you status -1, 3 points gets you a respectable looking middle class house and so on.

The problem with this is that this is a 10 point base... not a series of 1-3 point individual rooms that are loosely joined together in collective that might, maybe add up to 10 points*...

You'll get a series of "2 points into base and 1 into Ind Inc" which will leave us with a 16 point base...  and 8 in Ind Inc which does not pay for it.

That's why I suggested listing it as "4 points in Junior's Base and stuff", if everyone piles in that amount (4 points) everything gets paid for at the previously required level (10 point Base, 10 Ind Inc, 8 points for Charlene as an Ally).



* Unless that's what it is, in which case, sure.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:02, Thu 18 Apr.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1629 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 11:02
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin Zideqick:
<DarkGreen>OOC I know the previous Nodwin contributed a bunch of money to the cause before I took over.

Did he write down how much anywhere?  Because the thread chatter about it was just that, as far as I can tell.  I know gwythaint told me there wasn't any need (at the time) for money to be put into the Junior House, but I've been setting a share aside for the house the last two payouts.

We have $276 in the house kitty, which is why I'm looking at cost cutting methods...


Things needed for the House:  Minor repairs, keys, locks, wall repair work in the sewer/basement level, and then... well 'vanity' projects.  Upgrading the gates into doors in the catchment, upgrading the gates into doors in the sub-sub-basement, putting in bars around the Bone Gate (to stop/discourage) future extra large visitors, hiring/bribing the next Sewer Worker assigned to our maintenance area, etc.  Getting half-assed decent furniture in the Junior house, getting a decentish setup in the sub-sub-basement...

Note, what I call the basement is the singular room under the 'main' apartment that gives access to the catchment tunnel.  I refer to the catchment as the 'sub-basement', and then the area across the main and then down where the cult was as our 'sub-sub-basement' (which I still need to go and bribe into obscurity).


Should I start a Private Thread with all of you to hash this stuff out in, instead of taking up the Adventure thread with it?

quote:
I didn't notice that he donated any character points in the actual thread.  However, I see this on his character sheet:

Base - Junior House - pooled [1]
Independent Income - pooled [1]

Alright, Nodwin is two points in, Mario is a full four points (so his share is paid off), Jocelyn is 2 points in, Jareth has 2 point in (and I'm looking at making it 4 this time), I can't remember Mel and Brodak's contribution level at the moment (and I'm doing 12 hour shifts so no time to go hunting)... so in just 3 'adventures' we halfway paid it off.

quote:
Tax Free [1]

That means no extra taxes are charged to you for adventuring in the Undercity.

quote:
I'm happy to re-allocate if you think we need more investment in the Junior House in the present.  However, I would prefer to keep what i have and put future points towards the abode as we get them.

That's how it was working.  A bit at a time until done.  Keep in mind, IC we've only had the residence for 3 days, so we've still got time to finish paying off the character points and getting stuff set up and etc.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 395 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 14:50
Re: Near the bone gate

This message was deleted by the player at 22:32, Thu 18 Apr.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 387 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 17:59
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 799):

I concur wholly ...
Narrator
 GM, 6209 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 21:01
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 800):

You can keep using this thread for that, I will start a new one for the next day
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1630 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 21:45
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
You can keep using this thread for that, I will start a new one for the next day

Thanks for the offer... but I think a PM thread will be easier to find in a year when this one slides down onto page two or three...  ;)
Brodak
 player, 334 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 21:48
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth Mooncalled:
We have $276 in the house kitty, which is why I'm looking at cost cutting methods...

Base - Junior House - pooled [1]
Independent Income - pooled [1]

Alright, Nodwin is two points in, Mario is a full four points (so his share is paid off), Jocelyn is 2 points in, Jareth has 2 point in (and I'm looking at making it 4 this time), I can't remember Mel and Brodak's contribution level at the moment (and I'm doing 12 hour shifts so no time to go hunting)... so in just 3 'adventures' we halfway paid it off.

Brodak has the following:
Junior House [2]
Independent Income  [2]
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 388 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 21:50
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn currently has:
Tax Free "No Hassles"  [1]
Base   [1]
Charlene as an ally  [1]
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 396 posts
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 22:27
Re: Near the bone gate

This message was deleted by the player at 22:32, Thu 18 Apr.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 390 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 19 Apr 2019
at 21:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn is nudged by a thought and casts...

This message was last edited by the player at 21:18, Fri 19 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 6219 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 14:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 806):

There is some silver, not far below, and a bit to the north....somewhere in the near vicinity of the dead cultist room.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 391 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 15:05
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn informs Jareth and the others of this.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 399 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 16:21
Re: Near the bone gate
When he finds out about this, Nodwin responds with "Vejovis is good."  Then he prepares his belongings for an excursion.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1641 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 23:53
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  I'd like to point out we still haven't sold the Puissant Sword or it's Wish Stone.  Are we stashing it to be stolen while our backs are turned or taking it with us to be lost in a particularly bad moment?  Or can we finish with selling stuff before tooling up for another stroll into the sewers?

Or do we want to *fakeshudder* split the party?

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 392 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Mon 22 Apr 2019
at 02:26
Re: Near the bone gate
We sell the sword first ... the silver did not seem to be moving, so it can wait a little.
Clarence Montague
 player, 226 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 22 Apr 2019
at 12:16
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 811):

Shield question kind of left hanging. You mentioned that you did not like large bucklers, and would not accept large shields being modified with the buckler grip. Given Clarence has the buckler specialty, do you accept the Homeric Bucklers from LT 115, with the Boss replaced by a Lantern Hook? It utilises a guige to take some of the weight off the arm.

Homeric Buckler, $150, DR/HP 4/22, 9 cover DR, 18.5 lbs
  No Boss      -$25 -2 lbs
  Lantern Hook, $20, 0.5 lbs (Low Tech Companion, shield options)

or

Heater Shield, Buckler grip modification $90, 13.5 lbs, DR4, 19 HP, Cover DR 8, DB2
    (Shield is a Heater Shield, since you said Mycenaean was too big for a buckler,
    +Buckler Grip ($20, 2lb), -Boss (-$25, -2 lbs), from LT Companion 2, Warriors, P19.)
    Lantern Hook, $20, 0.5 lbs (Low Tech Companion, shield options)

This message was last edited by the player at 06:19, Tue 23 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 6231 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 16:13
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 812):

I don't have LT companion, so I am not trying to do all these modifications. You can have only up to a medium shield as a buckler.






Everything except the sword and its stone are sold.  You need to make use of jeweler skill to extract the stone. That would cost you $20 to pay a craftsman to do.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 850 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 19:11
Re: Near the bone gate
"One in silver for a jeweler to extract the stone seems a reasonable investment, unless one of us has the skill for it (that would let me out)."
Clarence Montague
 player, 227 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 21:16
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 813):

Ok, no more than medium shield as buckler, so disallow the Homeric Buckler from LT. When you say you are 'not trying to do all these modifications', you mean you are disallowing them? Sorry, the wording is a little confusing for me.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1644 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 03:25
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
Everything except the sword and its stone are sold.  You need to make use of jeweler skill to extract the stone. That would cost you $20 to pay a craftsman to do.

No way to just sell it as a set unit?  Or is that we know we have a buyer for the sword alone and need to hunt down a buyer for the Wish Stone separately?
Narrator
 GM, 6240 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 19:39
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 816):

Without the book in question, I am not going there.


Why not use the stone to generate wealth?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 404 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:23
Re: Near the bone gate
I really like the OOC suggestion of using the wish stone to create the lab.

Or, give us X character points apiece...  :D
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 853 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:07
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC: Isn't that what we're trying to do?  Use the stone to generate wealth, I mean -- by selling it to someone reasonably trustworthy.  Maybe it's just from playing D&D for years with a DM who made all wishes cursed wishes, but I'm just not very comfortable with actually attempting to use the stone, or with turning it over to someone of questionable motives (i.e. the Guild in general).
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 393 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:56
Re: Near the bone gate
Oh well... the Lord hates a quitter... I say go for it.  Any limits on how long the wish can be? I'd expect too many 'ands' could cause issues.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1647 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 02:09
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:
Magic says a Great Wish should sell for 100K$, but as per standard Slow and Sure enchantment it should sell for 40K$, so let's just go with the lower value for this hypothetical.

If we sold it, we'd net about 1,600$ (at most, if sold at 100k$, we get 40k$).

An Alchemy Laboratory runs 2k$.  A Fine Lab costs 10k$, a Very Fine Lab runs 40k$.

So if we sell it, we cannot likely even afford a basic Lab.


(Note, Herb Lore and Poison brewing may be performed at an Alchemy Lab.)



As for wishing for Character points, it won't add more than 20 Character points total... so roughly 3 points each.

20 points used as Points for Cash is 10k$.  10K$ could get two labs (so two people could be working at once on different potions), some furniture, and a solid pair of doors to keep the oozes and gelatinous cylinders out.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 394 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 02:23
Re: Near the bone gate
So we could, at least in theory, get a very fine Lab out of it?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 405 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 03:14
Re: Near the bone gate
I'm down for that.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1649 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 11:25
Re: Near the bone gate
Jocelyn Lemru:
So we could, at least in theory, get a very fine Lab out of it?

Theorectically.

Note though that the last guy got cursed by his Wish, so we might want to go and research up on Wishes and Wishing "successfully".
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 854 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 16:21
Re: Near the bone gate
Please let me know when to plan a short vacation, well out of town...  Maybe take a tour of Shevnia.  I speak the language, but I've never been, and I get along okay with orcs (at least here).
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 406 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 17:22
Re: Near the bone gate
I totally get it Mario.  It's a risk for sure.  Think of the alternative, though.  Who would you rather have with the wish gem than us?  We at least will use it for a reasonably benevolent outcome.

If we give it away or sell it, my first choice would be Gareth...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1650 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 17:38
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin Zideqick:
If we give it away or sell it, my first choice would be Gareth...

Because if anyone needs another 1,000 year nap...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 855 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 21:09
Re: Near the bone gate
"Honestly, if it weren't potentially worth that kind of money, I'd be in favor of destroying it.  Humans (and other mortals) shouldn't have that kind of power.

"Then again, what good is all that money if someone's wish burns down Northport or the like -- and it seems to me it could be much worse than that."

Gareth
 player, 409 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 28 Apr 2019
at 12:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 827):

No, I am sure he chose me because I am such a worthy person!
Ulo
 player, 195 posts
 Badly scarred Trollwife
 HP: 9/9 FP: 14/14
Sun 28 Apr 2019
at 16:14
Re: Near the bone gate
Gareth:
No, I am sure he chose me because I am such a worthy person!

Worthy of another 1Kyr nap, I agree!
cultist
 NPC, 47 posts
 deluded soul
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 19:47
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ulo (msg # 830):

"Fra Nodwin, we have finished sweeping out the cottages. There are some bloodstains that will need more extensive scrubbing, and we will need some whitewash. One of the rooves needs fresh tiles, but we are ready to start in the gardens."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 407 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 20:08
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin smiles in a fatherly sort of way, and places his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Excellent work, and thank you for taking this on.  We all benefit from having a clean place to live, and it shows well when people come to find out more about Vejovis.  Your efforts do not go unnoticed.

Please, make a list on parchment, or on whatever we have handy.  When we are finished with the business at hand, then I will attend to the items you have noted.  I may not be able to fix them in the moment, but I will work towards that end when my other duties allow me to."


Nodwin will then turn slightly, and gesture towards the courtyard.

"As for the garden, please look over the space and organize it as best as you can.  We need to consult with others to see what we can best grow there.  I may be able to provide you with some seeds to start growing soon.  First, we need to plan for foodstuffs as well as herbal ingredients.

I will meet up with you later to discuss the current layout of the courtyard, and then how we can best organize it.

Now, I need to finish up with my fellow adventurers.  We have a rather large decision to make.  In that interest, I would ask you to remove all the furniture from a couple of the rooms..."


OOC Nodwin will ask the refugees to clean out the room(s) the group has decided will work best for the alchemy/herbology lab(s).  That seems like the first order of business, as it looks like we're leaning towards using the wish stone for that purpose.

When time allows, perhaps during this vague "downtime" we are referring to, he will use Shape Earth in the courtyard to set it up in whatever gardening configuration seems ideal.  The same goes for the improvements required on the buildings.

Narrator
 GM, 6261 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 20:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 832):

Most of these rooms are a trifle small for a good lab. The room that Jareth used the stench spell in two days ago, in the sub sub basement would be appropriate.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 408 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 20:35
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC Nodwin will reference those rooms then, unless someone else has a better idea.
Anita Drake
 player, 4 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 21:17
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 834):

A young woman approaches the dwelling and knock on the door, followed by a slightly older gentleman. Both appear to be from out of town.

When it opens (assuming someone answers it) she asks "I heard from the guild that you had a room or two available?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1653 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 22:14
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin Zideqick:
OOC Nodwin will reference those rooms then, unless someone else has a better idea.

Are you a) sure you want these people going down into the sewers and b) for us to leave the two gates unlocked down there so they can come and go?

This one might best be handled with a scroll of Clean* (set to 7 hexes for 280$) and one of us passing out from FP expenditure (Brodak could probably handle it at 14FP, Jareth would be face down in the pavers)...

* Or even hiring a discrete Guild apprentice Wizard with the Clean spell for 60$ a day.

However, if you trust them down there, or want to hang out while they clean down there, I'm okay with that.  We can split the party like two days ago, Jareth and Jocelyn go to figure out how to safely make a Wish, you guys deal with cleaning out the Cultist's Lair and acquiring bricks, mortar, roofing tiles, anything else we need for the Junior House (and the non-esoteric stuff Ymid needs to fix his boat, if there is any non-esoteric materials he needs).

Oh yeah... and dealing with all the corpses stacked up like cordwood in the catchment tunnel....

Benito Drake
 player, 1 post
 Respectable shopkeeper
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 22:27
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 835):

"I can build stuff if it helps..."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:21, Wed 01 May.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 409 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 22:58
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC Perhaps I should back up a bit then.

I thought the rooms used by the (bad) cultists were in the houses themselves.  Were they the actual entrance to the sewers then, or under the house beside the entrance to the sewers?  I don't understand the layout very well.  Nodwin would know it, but as a new driver I don't.  We could use a better description of what we're looking at, or maybe even a map.

I'm down with whatever makes sense.  We want a good safe lab arrangement that won't be easily stolen from, and where failures might not be so destructive.  On the other hand, we also don't want a bunch of random acolytes down in the sewers getting eaten by random otties or whatever else.

Can I get a little help here?  Even the barest of pictures, or a good description...would help.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 856 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 23:19
Re: Near the bone gate
A smallish young man, a downy mustache on his lip, with green eyes and long straight brown hair that would be at home on some variety of elf answers the door, a staff slung over one shoulder and a longbow taller than he is over the other.  Two quivers, one with a single arrow, and one with two, hang from his belt.

"Building, you say?  Mason, carpenter, thatcher?  We do have some brickwork that could be helped by a more expert eye and hand."

He sticks out his right hand, a motion that emphasizes the asymmetric development of musculature in his right shoulder and displays the archer's thumb ring on that hand.  "Mario Crowfoot.  Jareth and Nodwin are around here somewhere, step inside if you like."
Anita Drake
 player, 5 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 23:51
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 839):

"Anita and Benito Drake. I do...security, and Benito is a skilled craftsman and merchant."

The shake hands and follow Mario in.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 01:21, Wed 01 May.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 410 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 1 May 2019
at 01:04
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin had just finished with the refugee that took a minute to speak with him, and turned to meet the new arrivals. "Nodwin Zideqick, Initiate of Vejovis.  Welcome to our home.  What brings you to our humble abode?"

OOC I know, PCs set up as a fence and probably as a craftsman.  Still, he wouldn't know that.  :)
Anita Drake
 player, 6 posts
 Adventuress
Wed 1 May 2019
at 01:23
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 841):

"We heard you possibly had rooms available. Benito is a skilled craftsman, capable as a smith and builder, who seeks a location to set up shop. He is also a Guild member, and fairly high ranked. I...provide security. We do not have cash to pay for a room, but we are willing to work to earn such a location."
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1654 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 1 May 2019
at 05:17
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin Zideqick:
Can I get a little help here?  Even the barest of pictures, or a good description...would help.</DarkGreen>

From my understanding:

The apartment block is a group of 8 apartments surrounding a small open square.  The cult murdered all the tenants to gain access to a singular apartment that has a basement that has access to one of the two debris catchment tunnels under this block.  Directly opposite this catchment is... hang on I've got maps...

Jareth's (corrected) Map of the Cultist Lair (and where we went that mission):

https://i.imgur.com/FzUvd8b.png

(0 is the ladder down from the alleyway door.  I see I have to recorrect this map... le sigh)

How I imagine the Apartments and everything overlay... Orange being the apartments. green the storm drain level, blue the sewer/maintenance/cult lair level:
https://i.imgur.com/fBKYq9m.png
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1655 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Wed 1 May 2019
at 05:23
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth addresses Anita and Benito, "Had two rooms, but taken a group of refugees... hmmm.  Hang on a moment, let us confer a moment?"

He motions the crew (Nodwin, Mario, Jocelyn, Mel, Brodak, Clarence, Charlene) off to one side for a private chat.

He speaks lowly to the party, "Fy 'oh fyck no' sense tingle.  Two high ranked guild show up needin space?  Bet Ludlow flapped lips an t'ey lookin muscle in on t'e gate?"
Clarence Montague
 player, 228 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 1 May 2019
at 06:07
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 844):

"Maybe they be craftmen. Wasn't someone looking for craftsmen to help out?"
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 857 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 1 May 2019
at 09:14
Re: Near the bone gate
"And fresh from out of town?  How'd they get high rank, if they just got here?"  Voice just above a whisper, Mario fingers the fletching of his single arrow, left hand resting on the upper limb of his slung bow.
Clarence Montague
 player, 229 posts
 Torchbearer
Wed 1 May 2019
at 10:40
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 845):

"Did you ask just how high ranked they are? I understand some merchants need a certain level of rank just to operate, so if he is a skilled merchant, as he says, maybe they insisted on him taking a certain level of rank. To, uh, keep him from being competition. Where they from?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 411 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 1 May 2019
at 14:42
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin sighs, and then offers up his opinion.

"Vejovis is great, but I have not been granted any wisdom on this topic.  I myself am a poor judge of people, which is why I am but an Initiate.  On a theological level, it would be wonderful if Vejovis were to provide us with the people we needed at the time of our need.  However, I have no sense that this is Vejovis' doing.  He does not usually work in this way.  I believe this to be secular activity.

The next question becomes, why have they arrived here at this time?  It could be as simple as it sounds.  Someone may have suggested they come because they need a roof over their heads.  In that case, then the offer is just and right.  We have provided the same service for a group of refugees, although they have faith in Vejovis so we have judged them to be safe.

Someone who is a better judge of people than I should interrogate them.  We should not assume they have an ulterior motive, nor should we absolve them of one.  It may even be worth magical intervention if we are concerned about their truthfulness.  We have much to lose here if the guild does try to muscle in on what we have discovered.

Regardless, they seem to have skills we may need.  I believe we should at least humor their request and feel them out, until we have reason to believe their story, or until we find that they are not who they say they are."

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 398 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 1 May 2019
at 16:51
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin speaks wisely... I regret that I have no skills in evaluating truth of statements, but at least the merchant should be given a chance. The security bitch is not needed and should be sent away, she is probably a guild plant anyway.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 858 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Wed 1 May 2019
at 22:45
Re: Near the bone gate
"You make good sense, Clarence.  I do recall that it's possible to outright buy Guild rank.  That said, the timing is rather suspicious.

"I wonder if there might not be some way of testing them?  Introduce them to Otty and see how they react, or something of the sort?  Get them to help us find the materials for that skiff, above ground in town?  Generally, get them involved in doing something non-sensitive and keep an eye on them in the meantime, I mean."

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1656 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 2 May 2019
at 01:13
Re: Near the bone gate
"Not sayin t'ey were sent, or that t'ey even suspicious.  We did just get t'e house, likely all t'e talk at t'e Guild right now.  However, that said, t'ey got rank, best we keep t'em from any business we want to keep sole ownership of.  Not even sure how fall out legally... was aquire as part Guild business... kinda."

He sighs.

"Best bet, keep 'em workin around topside day or two.  Roof do need fixin, doors fixin, etc.  Feel out t'e Guild on who t'ey are.  Keep 'em away from Ymid.  Get a wand of clean maybe.  Nodwin an I fix t'e wall downstairs.  Move Ymid down into t'e new lab space.  Hmmm.  Probably best."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 413 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 2 May 2019
at 01:46
Re: Near the bone gate
"I am OK with letting them have a trial here, but we should listen to their story and identify their motivations.  Unfortunately, I don't have any skill in these things for myself.  Vejovis chose a simple man to become his Initiate."
Clarence Montague
 player, 230 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 2 May 2019
at 02:31
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 852):

"You want me to speak to them, or the guild?"

[OOC: Despite the offer, his social skills are...lacking somewhat!]
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 859 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 2 May 2019
at 09:04
Re: Near the bone gate
"I could go talk to someone -- Eamon, maybe, he always seems to keep up with stuff -- under guise of 'background checking' these folks who showed up on our doorstep.  Or I could chaperone them around town while we look for stuff for the skiff.

"By the way, Jareth, do we have a list of what's needed yet?  Ideally in Aralaise, rather than whatever that is on his magical notepad?"

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1657 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 2 May 2019
at 11:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"That's good idea Mario.  Tomorrow you an Clarence take t'em shopping.  Have t'em look at t'e house in t'e morn an figure out what buildin materials needed.  Nodwin, talk with t'e Hadereum early 'bout that empty building across t'e street, might be a good place for t'e Vejovians, t'en talk with your flock.  Try get feel for who t'ey each is.  Who a good housekeeper an who might need 'not'er job away from this place.  Jocelyn an I'll hit t'e Dismal Tower figure out how safely use t'e stone.  Mel, Brodak, ya mind hang out here an keepin watch all day?"


As long as there are no complaints to these notions, Jareth will continue, "Tonight say we put a few of us in t'e main apartment, with t'e basement access for safety.  I'll stay in my place, an keep Ymid out of trouble.  We put t'e two Drakes toget'er.  Group t'e refugees in two apartments."


"But it's late, been t'e long day.  I'll kip over t'e Guild, because I walk faster'n ya Mario, chat with Eamon an few ot'ers get feel on t'e Drakes.  Here, someone get t'e refugees an everyone food."

Jareth fishes two silver out a pouch and offers it to whoever looks like they're keen on making a food run.
Brodak
 player, 336 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Thu 2 May 2019
at 16:48
Re: Near the bone gate
I can get food... know good place for big pot of Artichoke Noodles with Tuna and mashed Peanuts. Not too costly.
Narrator
 GM, 6271 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:12
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Brodak (msg # 856):

To clarify: the block has 12 buildings, (four per side) and at least four accross the street are vacant.
There is a push by the Hadereum to revitalize the area and give an excuse to repair the street two blocks over. There are vacancies there, but some are unstable, and are being vandalized.

The Ymid is asleep and will give a list shortly.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 415 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:43
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will consider the suggestion from Jareth for a moment, while Brodak speaks up.  He'll chime in after the ogre finishes.

"I can create food through the goodness of Vejovis, but it would be tiring without basic materials to work with.  If you want to spend some silver to feed the refugees, I will add from my purse as well.  Thank you for the kindness, as I feel they are somewhat my responsibility.  Vejovis be with you.

As for your suggestion, I will gladly speak with the Hadereum about the buildings across the street.  They have fallen into disrepair, and I'm sure there would be interest in revitalizing the neighborhood.  We should have a convincing argument for taking ownership.

To that end, I will ask the refugees to assess the buildings across the street as well, to help tally the materials we will purchase tomorrow.  They may not know the architectural side, but they can give us the basics.  I will also find out what skills they have, to see how we can best organize chores and responsibilities around maintenance and upkeep.

What do you want to do about the bodies?  They will start stinking soon.  Maybe we can all take a turn tomorrow bringing up one or more of them?  We don't want the refugees or our new friends to be aware of what we have under the block, so it would be wise to organize that for when they are not present."


Nodwin will punctuate the end of his comments with 2 silvers from his purse.
Clarence Montague
 player, 231 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:57
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 858):

"Right. I will look at something while hopping as well. What are we taking them shopping for again? Also, what do we tell them now? Come back tomorrow?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 401 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Thu 2 May 2019
at 22:05
Re: Near the bone gate
Good grief Brodak, that sounds disgusting!
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1658 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 2 May 2019
at 22:22
Re: Near the bone gate
"Have Benito give building look over.  Says he's a builder... cheap solid food Brodak, good job." He hands the silver over to Brodak.

As everyone seems to be in agreement* Jareth leaves the huddle and goes over to Benito and Anita, "Okay, can make space tonight, squeeze up a bit, tomorrow need to get work done.  Benito, you a builder?  Give t'e place an t'e empty one across t'e street t'e look over an make list of supplies needed?  Help Mario find some good deals on it tomorrow?"

He indicates Mario with a nod of his head and introduces everyone else similarly "I'n Jareth, Nodwin's our leader, Jocelyn, Brodak, Melarill, Clarence, an Charlene."



* Presuming we are in agreement?  If not, pipe up and I'll make amends...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 416 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 2 May 2019
at 22:41
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin winces a bit at Jareth's comment, but waits his turn to speak.

"I am but a humble disciple of Vejovis.  Jareth is too kind.  I make suggestions the rest of the group follows on occasion, but nothing more.  Calling me a leader overstates my importance among such a capable group."

OOC I'm good with your suggestions Jareth.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 860 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 2 May 2019
at 23:41
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario points out a pretty scruffy dog, though he doesn't look in immediate danger of falling over from starvation or thirst the way he did a few days ago.  "Oh, and that's Crotchsniffer.  He mostly hangs out with Mellarill, possibly because she feeds him.  Clarence, have you named your spider friend yet?"

Mario looks the Drakes over, trying to decide if they're siblings or spouses.
Clarence Montague
 player, 232 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 3 May 2019
at 00:02
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 863):

"Do spiders have names? How about 'spider'?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1659 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 3 May 2019
at 03:50
Re: Near the bone gate
"Huh.  How about little guy, got t'e name?"

Jareth waves his hands about as though mimicking the spoder's earlier attempts at communicating.
Clarence Montague
 player, 233 posts
 Torchbearer
Fri 3 May 2019
at 03:53
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 865):

"None that he told me." Clarence answers, a little miffed at being asked the same question he just answered.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 417 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 3 May 2019
at 14:47
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will chime in with "I like the name Silk.  Maybe Webster, or Spinner.  Is it a he or a she, or do we even know?  Maybe Eye-chabod, or Spin-derella?"
Smol spoder
 NPC, 14 posts
Fri 3 May 2019
at 18:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 865):

Try a gesture at -2. The spoder seemed quite intellegent, if very different.


Pitching the bodies through the gate was always an option until it was temporarily closed. Sealing them into a room with shape earth isn't  too bad a way.
Brodak
 player, 337 posts
 orc warrior
 brutish but honorable
Fri 3 May 2019
at 18:56
Re: Near the bone gate
Maybe get Otty back?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1660 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 3 May 2019
at 21:07
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth continues trying different hand gestures, with his arms tight in as though they were pedipalps.

"Yeah, Brodak, I figure we'll haul 'e, to t'e ottys.  No point continuin tryin to sell 'em."



Smol spoder:
Try a gesture at -2. The spoder seemed quite intellegent, if very different.

17:05, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 10 using 3d6.  Gesture 10 (skill 12 - 2), communicating with spoder.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 861 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 3 May 2019
at 23:51
Re: Near the bone gate
"So, a meal and a night's rest before we go out looking for repair materials.  Sure hope he's got his own tools.  I know where to find hammers and saws, but I half suspect those won't do much good for something made for that side."
Clarence Montague
 player, 234 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 5 May 2019
at 10:21
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 871):

"Only one way to know. We going to go and ask them to stay tonight? What was the consensus, if any?"
Smol spoder
 NPC, 15 posts
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:26
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 870):

The spoder gestures with his palps and four front legs and indicates that he is called
One Who Dances Out of Step.
Clarence Montague
 player, 235 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:33
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 873):

"Like me, eight left feet? Lets just call him lefty..." Clarence laughs...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1661 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sun 5 May 2019
at 21:55
Re: Near the bone gate
"Dances Out of Step eh?  Yeah Clarence, Lefty sounds good, long as he likes it."




"Alright t'en Nodwin, if you'll handle t'e flock, Mario t'e two Guildies, I'll kip down t'e Guild, Brodak's got dinner, everyone else figure out who's sleepin t'e apartment with t'e basement an what-nots... am I forgettin anything?"

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 862 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 5 May 2019
at 22:48
Re: Near the bone gate
"Going now?  Do we have that shopping list yet?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 418 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 5 May 2019
at 22:48
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will nod in approval at Jareth.

"It sounds like we have a good agreement, Jareth.  I'll summarize what I have heard for the benefit of everyone.

Before the day is over, you'll head down to the guild to check out the Drakes with Eamon.  Please get a feel for who they are, and whether they can be trusted.  When the evening rolls around, I expect you'll bed down in the apartment with the Ymid, to keep him from causing trouble.

I'll get the sleeping arrangements for the refugees organized.  Mario, Jareth suggested that you handle the Drakes.  It sounds like we're willing to take them in, conditionally.  We'll ask them to sleep in an apartment by the refugees for now, until we work out permanent lodging.

Brodak will head out to get food for everyone.

For anyone who hasn't decided on a shanty yet, I'll suggest you bed down in the main apartment, to make sure the basement access remains confidential.

Tomorrow, I believe we agreed on the following assignments.

We were going to ask the refugees and Benito Drake to look over the unclaimed living spaces, and also the apartments across the street.  He claims to be a builder, so we'll ask him to tally up what we need for repairs.  Anita can help keep watch, since some of the townsfolk have looted and defaced the property.  Any leftover time can be spent on the common garden area.  If there is time at the end of the day, one of us will have to take them out to shop for materials.

Jareth had suggested that Mario and Clarence escort the flock while they perform these tasks.  He also recommended that Mellaril and Brodak should keep watch on the apartments.  To be honest, it doesn't matter to me who decides to do what.  However, we really need to do something with the bodies in the basement.  Pretty soon they will stink, and people will start asking questions.  If you have some free time, I think you should figure out among yourselves who wants to handle the bodies.  Feeding them to the otties should be plenty good enough at this point.

Jareth, we'll want a list of what the Ymid needs for his skiff.  Best to not have him broadcast into everyone's brains, because the refugees will get spooked.  I believe you also committed to visiting the Dismal Tower to figure out how to use the wishing stone.  Jocelyn was going to go along with you, I believe?  We had agreed in principal to use the stone for an Alchemy and Herbology lab, although Mario's discomfort with the decision was noted.

I will plan to visit with the Hadereum, to see if we can take over the empty building across the street.  Once I have finished that, I will talk to the refugees and figure out who has ability with what.  Whoever escorts them should have a lot to contribute on the topic as well.  My end intention will be to set up chores and maintenance responsibilities among the group.

By the time we come to the end of the day tomorrow, we should have a much better idea of where we stand with the buildings, and the people we will share them with.  Did I miss anything, or can we proceed with the plan?"


OOC let me know what I missed, and if everyone is on board.  Assuming I compiled everything well, we should be able to gloss over the next day and settle the Junior House details with a decent amount of speed.*


* Unless the presence of WEIRDNESS MAGNET for like EVERYONE in the group rears up it's ugly head...

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1662 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Mon 6 May 2019
at 00:23
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ya nailed it, 'cept one thing.  Go downstairs, go as group.  We know what's down t'ere."





OOC:  In case anyone has forgotten:  The bhole (headed out to sea we all hope), probably more loose otyughs, those odd Hobgoblins up to no good, at least one cultist on the loose, possible zombies, possible ghula, and definitely maned rats.
Narrator
 GM, 6290 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:15
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 878):

Doewn below I recall some atypical goblins Jareth conversed with (orangy rather than greenish gray, whearing clothing with zigzag patterns, carrying a key chained to their wrist, speaking in eldrich) Whilee there are hobgoblins to be met, their enclave is north east, near the cathedral, only below like.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1669 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Fri 10 May 2019
at 03:01
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  We all good for crashing out and getting a fresh start on the (ingame) morrow?

This message was last edited by the player at 03:02, Fri 10 May.

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 863 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 10 May 2019
at 09:05
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth Mooncalled:
OOC:  We all good for crashing out and getting a fresh start on the (ingame) morrow?


"I'm in favor of getting a good rest before we go out hunting for repair materials."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 425 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 10 May 2019
at 15:40
Re: Near the bone gate
"It sounds like we are in agreement.  Let's get some rest."
Ymid
 NPC, 56 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Fri 10 May 2019
at 22:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 882):

The half sleeping Ymid sinks some data into Jareth's brain:

"Two ten inch rods of ivory
A quart glass jar of aqua regia
Three yards of fine copper wire
A lead ingot, one lb weight
A red crystal
A blue crystal
A piece of amber
Two lodestones
The heart of a pig
The arteries of a cow
A wineskin full of flying potion.

In exchange, he offers a token that controls the gate, and a half pound of gold.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:09, Fri 10 May.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1670 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 11 May 2019
at 02:20
Re: Near the bone gate
"Hmmm.  Interesting list...  an what do ya require for sustenance if this takes more than a day or t'ree?"





OOC:  Jareth is out of the loop as to where to acquire some of this list.

22:18, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Connoisseur (Any) 11.  Rough estimate of prices and merchants for Ymid's list.

Narrator
 GM, 6315 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 May 2019
at 18:29
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 884):

The acid costs about $100, the copper wire around $30, the crystals appear to be non specific, so they could be semi precious stones worth $50 or even glass worth $10 each. The flying potion in that volume might cost $1000, the ivory around $300 the amber $30, the lodestones $20 each, and the meat products probably around $20. the lead for about $10

That is if you buy them. There is a sage in the Dismal Tower named Emmett who specializes in alchemical lore, he might be willing to trade for components. Much of this could be found in a fully stocked alchemical laboratory...
Clarence Montague
 player, 237 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 12 May 2019
at 10:21
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 885):

Clarence will help out with the bodies, offering light and suggesting his friend use them to eat if possible.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1672 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sun 12 May 2019
at 15:37
Re: Near the bone gate
Narrator:
The acid costs...

Does Ymid respond to the question of what it needs as sustenance?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 426 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 12 May 2019
at 17:37
Re: Near the bone gate
In the morning, Nodwin will pass instructions to the flock on how to proceed, with the suggestion that they have the best architect among them work with Benito Drake directly.  Nodwin asks them not to do Jareth's current home (building 4), because that is their base of operations.  They would like to keep that one private for guild business.

The rest of the refugees are encouraged to clean up and organize the homes as Benito works his way through them.  Chores and responsibilities will be handed out as appropriate among the group.  I will ask them to volunteer for roles to start, with the rest to be assigned later on as the full volume of responsibility becomes more evident.

After his morning devotions, and a meal, Nodwin will head off to speak with the Hadereum about the buildings across the street.
Benito Drake
 player, 5 posts
 Respectable shopkeeper
Sun 12 May 2019
at 21:47
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 888):

Happy to help as directed...
Narrator
 GM, 6326 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 May 2019
at 22:53
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Benito Drake (msg # 889):

There is a freestanding building directly adjacent to the collapsed street aon the next block that was a former pawnshop. It is fortifiable with iron doors, but its basement leads no where
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 427 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 13 May 2019
at 22:54
Re: Near the bone gate
If we notice that building before Nodwin leaves, he'll ask about that one as well...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1675 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Tue 14 May 2019
at 00:28
Re: Near the bone gate
OOC:  GM, asking again before Jareth heads out...

Does Ymid respond to the question of what it needs as sustenance?

Ymid
 NPC, 58 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Wed 15 May 2019
at 16:08
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 892):

The Ymid floods your mind with a dizzying array of organs and substances, but after some negotiation, raw beef livers including gallbladders, fish broth and also blue cheese. You are not entirely certain how it eats...
cultist
 NPC, 51 posts
 deluded soul
Wed 15 May 2019
at 16:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Ymid (msg # 893):

One of the refugees approaches Nodwin, with a bloodied bandage accross its face.

"Fra Nodwin, I appear to have injured my eye in the night. Might I be healed through the grace of Vejovis?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 429 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 15 May 2019
at 16:29
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin smiles benevolently at the refugee, but before responding he waves for him to sit down.  "Here, let me take a look at that.  Please, tell me how you were wounded.  I'm curious to know how this might have happened.  What were you doing, and where exactly were you?  We only took ownership of these homes recently, and I need to know if we have any concerns, whether it be an infestation or a structural concern."
cultist
 NPC, 52 posts
 deluded soul
Wed 15 May 2019
at 21:28
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 895):

The man's eye is completely gone!
"I don't know, I woke up Like this!"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:15, Wed 22 May.

Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 430 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:03
Re: Near the bone gate
The sight sends a chill down Nodwin's spine.  Something had taken the man's eye while he was sleeping.  Nodwin will have the man put the compress back on his eye socket and address the others in the room.  "Did anyone see what happened to this man?"  He will then remove the compress again, and examine the man's wound very carefully, saying to him quietly "Don't move, I need a close look at this".

OOC Diagnosis (plenty of extra time), along with a close examination of the wound.  Are there claw marks around it, or was his eye simply plucked out without anything else being touched?
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1678 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 11:24
Re: Near the bone gate
Jareth gets cleaned up and pops over to see if anyone needs anything before he and Jocelyn take off to research at the Dismal Tower (and to give Mario Ymid's grocery list and the house funds, $276).
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 431 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 14:08
Re: Near the bone gate
When Jareth comes in to check in with Nodwin, he'll pull him aside and quietly say a few words.  He'll be careful to only let Jareth hear him, and subtly block his speech from anyone who could read lips.

"Could you check in with Clarence and see what Lefty had for dinner and breakfast?  This man is missing an eye, and that's the most reasonable cause.  Clarence mentioned to Lefty that he could eat the bodies down in the basement.  I wonder if he couldn't tell the difference between a dead person and a sleeping person?"

Nodwin will then go back and attend to his patient.
Smol spoder
 NPC, 16 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:03
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 899):

The spoder was in the garden area and appears to have ensared a bluejay. It seemed offended when human remains were suggested as food.

The mans eye socket does not have any extra scratches around it, but has traces of an early stage fungal infection around the edges.


First aid covers breaks and wounds. Esoteric healing uses it as a prereq, and can be used to treat disease.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 432 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:25
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin will proceed with Esoteric Healing, and then if that doesn't fix the problem he'll use a minor healing.

OOC That might not fix the fungal infection, though, correct?
Clarence Montague
 player, 239 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 16 May 2019
at 21:09
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 900):

Likewise Clarence would be offended if someone suggested the spider ate someones eyeball, when there is an elder thing in the house no one questioned...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 867 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:16
Re: Near the bone gate
Mario whispers to Clarence.

"Not to mention that little pet of his.  Based on this list, that little flying eye might be just the sort.  Best we get the stuff for the skiff as quickly as possible."

He holds the list to the light.  "Ummm, what's a bally ladder?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1679 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Thu 16 May 2019
at 23:08
Re: Near the bone gate
Responding to Nodwin just loudly enough to be overheard by a few Vejovain refugees, "Interesting.  T'e evil cult that used t'ese building did go about blindin an killin any with t'e divine second sight.  Could be a curse, haveta look into that.  Should check your man for any divine potential."

Then much more quietly, "Yeah, I think t'e Yr-go, be at fault here.  I'll check on it."

Jareth joins Nodwin in checking the man's eye and then his good eye and then as Nodwin prays and prepares the divine version of a poultice*, he asks the one-eyed man about his dreams last night.


Then Jareth will get Jocelyn and head back to his apartment.




* However it is that Esoteric Medicine (Holy) works.  For all I know Nodwin will have to sermon the illness out of him.
Narrator
 GM, 6358 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:52
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 904):

The esoteric healing is done with incense, blessed scraps of cloth touched to a reliquary, and anointing with oil infused with healing herbs. It can cure the fungal infection.
Yr-go
 NPC, 5 posts
 Flying thing
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:55
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 905):

In Jareth's attic, twoof the cyclopic flying fungal crustaceans are perched in the rafters.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1682 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 7/10
Sat 18 May 2019
at 03:43
Re: Near the bone gate
"Ymid, can ya keep yer... mmmm, familiar in check?  And it's new friend?  Too many people in this city would get very upset if t'ere eyes go missin."
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 405 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 18 May 2019
at 20:54
Re: Near the bone gate
The man whose eye is missing is already upset...
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 434 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sat 18 May 2019
at 21:09
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin makes a note to himself, he needs to apologize to Clarence the next time he sees him.  Then he concentrates on talking the man down to a calm enough state that he can go see the Hadereum.
Clarence Montague
 player, 240 posts
 Torchbearer
Sun 19 May 2019
at 23:33
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 909):

"Should we head out and start shopping? Should we take some of the newcomers to help with this?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 437 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 20 May 2019
at 00:22
Re: Near the bone gate
Nodwin looks up from the man he has been consoling. "I don't know how far the group has gotten on it's tally.  This man seems to have lost an eye overnight, although I believe we have addressed the problem.  You would have to find out from Mario and the newcomers he has been working with."

OOC Nodwin can't really voice anything in the moment, as I think the man he is consoling is still rather upset.  When he gets the chance...
Pierre the half blind
 NPC, 1 post
 Refugee peasant
 With an affliction
Mon 20 May 2019
at 17:15
Re: Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 911):

"I feel a little better. Do you know what happened to my eye?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 438 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 20 May 2019
at 19:16
Re: Near the bone gate
"I have a strong suspicion, Pierre, but I cannot yet be sure yet." Nodwin responds, with a fatherly pat on the man's shoulder.  "If my suspicion does end up being correct, my companions and I will need to work on the problem to resolve it.  It is my belief that Vejovis can guide my hand in this endeavor, but will not act directly."

Since the man is better, Nodwin stands up next to him, and starts to gather his things.  "I have done all I can do here for now.  However, after my work with the Hadereum, we shall see what more can be done here.  For now I recommend that you rest, and let the others worry about the work of the day.  You have had a difficult night, and healing requires time."

OOC As long as everything is in order now, Nodwin will head off to handle his work with the Hadereum.