Near the bone gate.   Posted by Smol spoder.Group: archive 0
Smol spoder
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 20:16
Near the bone gate
The spiders rush to their dead comrade, and shake their pedipalps at you.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:36, Sun 25 Mar 2018.

Mellarill
 player, 157 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 20:18
Near the bone gate
I think the little fuckers are sentient...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 661 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 22:01
Near the bone gate
"Not so much after they get an arrow through them."

Mario pulls the ordinary arrow from his quiver, nocks and draws, then looses, in the time between two heartbeats.  Once again, the missile speeds true.

[Private to GM: 17:56, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 10 using 3d6.  Fast Draw (arrow) (15).
17:57, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 13 using 3d6.  Bow -1 to nock and draw in no time (16-1).
17:58, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 7 using 3d6.  Bow (16 + Acc 3 - 3 Vitals).
18:00, Today: Mario Crowfoot rolled 6 using 1d6+1.  Damage (imp).
]
Smol spoder
 NPC, 7 posts
Sun 25 Mar 2018
at 23:39
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 3):

The remaining spider, unable to retreat due to the gas, moves from one body to the other, then very deliberately climbs partway onto one of them, and rolls onto its back, where it extends its legs up stiffly, all while keeping eye contact.
Mellarill
 player, 158 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 02:57
Near the bone gate
Let the little bastard live...
Clarence Montague
 player, 90 posts
 Torchbearer
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 08:55
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mellarill (msg # 5):

"Awww, look at that. I wonder if I could keep him as a pet. He would keep the mice out of the pantry..."

Clarence approaches slowly, holding the torch a little away from the spider.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 662 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 09:17
Near the bone gate
"Hey, I've seen the basement spiders back at the orphanage do stuff like that.  Always figured they were playing dead, like a possum, hoping no one would bother stepping on them."

Mario waits, hand near the fletching of his ordinary arrow.  "On the other hand, it's not attacking us..."
Mellarill
 player, 160 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 17:45
Near the bone gate
Leave the little shit alone, and maybe it will leave us the hell alone...
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1348 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 21:36
Near the bone gate
"As Mel says, let this one be.  Take word of this to it's mates, maybe t'ey stay out of t'e way next time we down here."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 663 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 26 Mar 2018
at 23:33
Near the bone gate
"Maybe it'll tell the others we could have killed it, and didn't.  Or maybe it'll tell them to take the archers first.  Still, I'm not going to shoot unless it threatens."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 331 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:1/13 HP:10/10
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 06:14
Near the bone gate
"For now we have what we came here for, let us depart. If we must fight them again the next time we meet, Vejovis will guide our paths."

Moving further back the route they came, Nodwin speaks up again. "Besides, we should get these two back to where they can be healed properly. I'll need to rest for a little while before I can ask Vejovis to grant me that power."
Clarence Montague
 player, 91 posts
 Torchbearer
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 06:22
Near the bone gate
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 11):

"Aww, cute little fella, want to come on some adventures with me? I am sure I can find some food for you..."

He fishes through his rations to find some meat, and offers it to the spider.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 665 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 27 Mar 2018
at 09:24
Near the bone gate
Mario goggles at Clarence.  "That's a spider the size of a dog, not an actual dog.  Dog bites you, you bleed a bit, worst case lose a leg or hand when the wound corrupts.  That thing bites you, you'll end up wrapped like Ymid was."
Smol spoder
 NPC, 8 posts
Wed 28 Mar 2018
at 22:55
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 13):

The spider flips over and scuttles back, and pokes at the dried meat cautiously before backing away from it.
Clarence Montague
 player, 93 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 01:52
Near the bone gate
In reply to Smol spoder (msg # 14):

"Come on, its OK."

He continues to hold out the meat.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1354 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 5/10
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 02:03
Near the bone gate
Jareth hangs back with Clarence and Charlene as the party continues retreating (presuming they continue and don't stop to watch this).
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 666 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 09:15
Near the bone gate
Mario makes a shooing gesture behind his back, while keeping an eye on Clarence and the spider.

"If the big ones are like the little ones, they likely prefer their meat fresh.  As in, still alive.  The Brothers used to say they'd wrap up a fly caught in their web and then eat it later, still twitching."
Narrator
 GM, 5023 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 20:28
Near the bone gate
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 16):

Indeed, the wee beastie seems not to be well equipped to chew on dry meat, but it seems to recognize the tone of your offer.
Clarence Montague
 player, 96 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:07
Near the bone gate
In reply to Narrator (msg # 18):

Clarence will put away the dried meat then and look for s fresh piece. The only piece he has is cooked...
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 667 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:26
Near the bone gate
"Clarence, the others have gone ahead, and that cloud won't last long.  We should try to keep up.  If your new, uh, friend will follow, we can try to find, uh, it some fresher food.  Don't know how it'll get along with Crotchsniffer, though.  It's big enough to eat him."
Clarence Montague
 player, 97 posts
 Torchbearer
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:41
Near the bone gate
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 20):

"Right. Come on then, lets go find you some fresher food, shall we?"

He gets up and starts to return to the others, pausing to look back at his new 8 legged friend.

"Coming?"
Mellarill
 player, 161 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Thu 29 Mar 2018
at 22:44
Near the bone gate
Better frickin' not hurt my dog, I'll roast that mother F*****r  piece by piece.
Smol spoder
 NPC, 9 posts
Fri 30 Mar 2018
at 16:31
Near the bone gate
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 21):

The spider tentatively steps forward, and hesitates, looking up at Clarence, then turning to look at its two dead littermates and back at Clarence.