The Common Room.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 5355 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 22:36
The Common Room
The main hall of the guild, accessed after checking one's weapons with Aemon McCain at the entrance, is a large two story room with a huge fireplace, a number of long trencher tables occupied by every class of low rent mercenary, mountebank, miscreant and mendicant; in short your guild brethren.
  Daily one can obtain a bowl of gruel or questionable stew accompanied by stale bread.

Two better dressed , and rather handsome individuals, descend the stair from the upper level, where some shops and rentable rooms and conference rooms are.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:38, Thu 26 July 2018.

James
 player, 1 post
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 22:38
The Common Room
In reply to Narrator (msg # 1):

"Oh, Percy, did I tell you I have acquired a valet. We needed someone to look after our gear. I know the money from selling the horses is nearly gone, but we just can't get on without a few comforts, and our wardrobe needs looking after.
Broderick Leibert
 player, 477 posts
Thu 26 Jul 2018
at 22:46
The Common Room
After chatting with Aemon, Broderic makes his way towards one of the corner booths when he notices the two guildsmen descending the stairs. Pausing he greets them. ooc do either of them have symbols of faith displayed about their person?
Grimaldi
 player, 202 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 16:21
The Common Room
11:59, Today: Grimaldi rolled 8 using 3d6.  shape air - 14.
Grimaldi amused himself in the smokey commons with parlor tricks, shaping and moving the air about in fanciful designs and shapes, as he kept the smoke away from his table. "How about we split the gains 3 ways, $33 apiece between you, I, and Mercer, who was also injured?" He asked Sederic, as he shaped the air around their table, sending smokey tendrils waving around them noticeably.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:15, Tue 31 July 2018.

Sederic
 player, 132 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 22:35
The Common Room
Sederic strokes his light beard, and nods to himself. He looks back to Grimaldi and places the coin on the table in a pile in the middle.
"I told Brod we would break something off for him his company,
but they aren't getting a share a piece. 25 a piece should be fair enough. I don't intend to run out on my debts, especially after I've voiced my intention to do so."   

He smirks, obviously not happy about it, but being a man of his word he cannot deny the man and his company their share. He waves Broderick over and hands him the coin, extending a hand after to seal the transaction. He then divides the rest between them and stands, taking Dolphos share to aemon to ensure he recieves it. He then returns and sits back with Grimaldi.
"So, where do we go from here?
O thirst for an actual adventure after that farce we participated in."

Grimaldi
 player, 203 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 00:39
The Common Room
Grimaldi nodded at the decision.
"Fairness and grace. I'll concede to that."
Reaching into his jacket, he deposited the silver coin, and five copper coins into the small pouch, he kept there.
"Looks like some knights have taken up residence here, and are running low on funds themselves." Grimaldi nodded to the pair descending the stairs.
"Looks like our tactician has an interest in them, however. Hehehe..Poor old sods, don't know what they'd be getting into."

Sederic
 player, 133 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 02:11
The Common Room
"Mayhaps they will be more interested in the likes of men like us,
who actually appear to have wet our swords instead of wetting the tip of a quill. I know ice had enough family outings to last a lifetime,"
he laughs, placing the coin in his pouch.
"Would you like a drink, Grim? I could go for a strong one myself."
He waves the serving girl over and orders a round of spiced wine, should Grimaldi wish for one, and sends the two new arrivals a round as well. When the drinks arrive, he raises a glass in their general direction, offering a salutation from across the room. He pays the waitress and nods in thanks as he takes a long drink of his spiced wine.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 15:03, Sat 28 July 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 204 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 03:26
The Common Room
"Salut!"
Grimaldi raised his glass, and imbibed.
Narrator
 GM, 5360 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 03:48
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 8):

The two impressively dressed individuals do not appear to be clergyfolk.
Madeline
 player, 85 posts
 Barmaid
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 22:56
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 7):

A guildswoman wearing brass knuckles brings you your drinks, and points with her chin toward a large individual with obvious ogrish ancestry.
"Compliments of Vilgar."

This message was last updated by the GM at 22:56, Tue 31 July 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 209 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 23:14
The Common Room
Grimaldi raises a brow to Sederic, and then looks across the room and raises his glass and nods. "Vilgar...Most interesting. This could could be a break for us...Let's go see what he wants of us."
Grimaldi stopped his parlor tricks, and headed over towards the ogre-kin.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 23:16, Sun 29 July 2018.

Sederic
 player, 136 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 03:02
The Common Room
Sederic collects his drink and gear and heads towards the man with Grimaldi.
"Can't you be quiet for ten seconds, Miekka. I grow tired of your constant bitching. Yes, I'd love to see him dead, but that's a task for another day. "
Percival
 player, 2 posts
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 23:05
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 12):

Percival the Knight quietly enters the common room. He heads up to the barkeep, buying some ale.
James
 player, 2 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:36
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 13):

"I was wondering about you. These two fellows seem a cut above that lot over there, and I could swear that yon Bhurger wanted our attention. He seems to be a well off sort. I have seen him with some sort of mechanical dwarf. I believe he holds rank in this place."
Percival
 player, 3 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:53
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 14):

"I'd be glad to help as best I can. What is it that he needs? Do you know?"
Grimaldi
 player, 210 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 02:06
The Common Room
Grimaldi beckons with his empty hand, to the pair of knights.
22:05, Today: Grimaldi rolled 9 using 3d6.  savoir faire - 16 [a proper and courteous greeting].
"Greetings, Sirs! Won't you join us?"
Sederic
 player, 137 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 02:17
The Common Room
Sederic takes the measure of the two knights and smiles warmly, trying to be inviting.
"If it be work you're looking for, why don't you look with us?
We've recently returned from a joke of an adventure, and would like to get a proper one underway as soon as possible."

He pulls the string out of his hair that was holding his hair together and shakes his dreadlocks loose, letting the green hair fall to his shoulders.
He leans his bow and quiver against the wall before.pulling a chair out for himself. He takes a seat after removing his sword belt and wrapping the belt around the scabbards of his sword and knife, which he sets between his legs. He fidgets with the beautiful jewel held in a talon that is the pommel as he inspects their caller.
Vilgar
 NPC, 94 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 00:39
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 17):

The large and toothsome fellow nods to the barmaid/brawler that brought you the drinks.
He turns to you and smiles, and speaks in a deep penetrating bass voice.
"Hello. there. I hear you might want some specific work. I am Vilgar, and I may have something for you." he lowers his voice.
"I had the misfortune a month or so ago, of having my fighting establishment raided. I lost a wonderful venue, but I am working on a couple. In the meantime, a little bird told me who led the guards to raid me.  I am not so foolish as to take retaliatory position against the law, after all, I am a marked man." he displays a brand on the palm of his hand, indicating status as a convicted felon.

"I do however, see the virtue in making an example of snitches.  The target in question has learned that I am aware of him, and has hidden himself away with a gang of toughs, hoping to bluff his way out of my righteous wrath.  This is where you gents may make a difference."
Sederic
 player, 138 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 00:57
The Common Room
Sederic leans back and crosses his arms, a smirk making it's way across his handsome features. He seems to consider what Vilgar told them and nods to himself, interest evident on his face, though he tries not to seem too eager.
"You have my attention,
I've never been a big fan of snitches myself, especially when they're targeting fellow guildsmen. What is it you wish to happen to this snake?"
he says, making sure to keep his voice low.
He takes another drink and sets the empty cup in front of him, upside down.
Grimaldi
 player, 211 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 10:25
The Common Room
06:20, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  Will - intolertant: blackguards and scum 12 or less to succeed.
Grimaldi coolly regarded the ogre-kin's branded, hamfist. He knew well enough that the guild contained all manner of blackguards and common scum, but he was willing to hear Vilgar out.
"Do tell us more.."
06:37, Today: Grimaldi rolled 15 using 3d6.  Heraldry - 13.
Grimaldi didn't recognize the knight's coats of arms...He wondered if they would join he and Sederic, now that they were in the company of the hulking Vilgar. Grimaldi masked his ponderings with his wineglass.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:10, Fri 03 Aug 2018.

James
 player, 3 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 03:44
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 20):
The first of the two knights seems both fascinated and repelled by Vilgar, yet intrigued by his proposition.
"A dishonorable individual in deed. We must make a formal declaration to fight him or his champion on your behalf, and failing that, cut our way through such varlets as would take up the cause of such a blackguard and deliver him to justice, or at least to face you openly, that you may find satisfaction in the arena of honor.
Percival, what say you to this expedition? It sounds to be sporting work, and I know our coffers are a tad diminished of late. Shall we deliver the informant to the.. man he has wronged?"

Percival
 player, 4 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 23:12
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 21):

"I would be glad to, James. Hopefully, his champion or he won't be able to fight well so we can try to negotiate something."
Grimaldi
 player, 213 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 14:46
The Common Room
Grimaldi finished his wine, setting his glass aside and spoke to Percival:
"I'd imagine there will be no such negotiating, because nothing short of revenge will suffice. This is a desperado, to be sure..."
Percival
 player, 5 posts
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 17:54
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 23):

"That is certainly true. I will go on this quest."
Vilgar
 NPC, 95 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:30
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 24):

The ogrekin, while uncooth and actually a criminal, actually holds 3 levels of rank in the guild, which makes him a legitimate quest giver by your code of honor.

He smiles toothily, and unfolds a rough map.

"The area I surmise my foe to be in is near the northwestern edge of the artisinal district. Normally that is under the jurisdiction of Raquizell and Fezokeel's domain, as most of the artisans are goblins, but I hear it through Lepkur that this lowlife is definately not under the goblin boss's protection. This means you can act freely. If he ends up dying, that would be unfortunate, and it would be important for you to bring me any papers in his possession, as I need to know what else he is up to... preferably I would be able to inquire directly of him, at my leisure, but, hey, things happen. And if they happen, I would need his head intact so that I can tell it is him, and all of his papers, particularly  a ledger if he has one. The rest of his goods, and those of his allies are yours for the taking, and I will pay the standard daily rate of $120 per man per day, but I expect this to be done in only a day or two, don't  drag it out unnecessarily.  An extra thousand is in it if he gets to me alive, and I will give you the location where, and just five hundred for his head."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:35, Wed 08 Aug 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 214 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:53
The Common Room
"I'm all in." Grimaldi said eagerly.
"We should definitely prepare to take a prisoner, gentlemen. $1,000 is too good to get careless."
Sederic
 player, 139 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 04:16
The Common Room
"And I as well. We would.probably wrap it up in a day at most. I try to handle these things quickly, lest more trouble arise. So when do we start?
he asks as he lifts his sheath and unwraps the belt from the blades. He stands and fastens the clasp, spinning at the waist left and right to ensure that he has decent range of motion.
Vilgar
 NPC, 96 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 16:35
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 27):
"I am not sure just how many retainers he has, last count I had was six. His name is  Connard du Menteur."
Grimaldi
 player, 215 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 22:39
The Common Room
18:37, Today: Grimaldi rolled 8 using 3d6.  area knowledge [northport] 14.
Grimaldi has heard the name before...
Narrator
 GM, 5384 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 01:12
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 29):

Connard du Menteur is not a concerned citizen who dislikes after hours gambling halls; he is a small time racketeer who leans heavily on those who owe gambling debts, with his squad of legbreakers and finger takers. He has some kind of official status or licensed office with the Hadereum from which he gets income, and helps hide his activities, like a notary.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:48, Fri 10 Aug 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 216 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 02:16
The Common Room
"This man is a crooked sixpence. We should deal with him, and leave evidence of his corruption behind, for the magistrate. "A corrupt official, gets what's been coming to him." It's a common enough tale..."
Vilgar
 NPC, 97 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 16:50
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 31):

"I would prefer to see him prior to the Magistrate"
Grimaldi
 player, 216 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 20:57
The Common Room
"Yes, live or dead. Preferably alive, so that we all may have satisfaction."

This message was last updated by the player at 20:57, Fri 10 Aug 2018.

Sederic
 player, 140 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 10 Aug 2018
at 21:09
The Common Room
"We can slaughter his associates and probably put enough fear in him to remove his will to resist us. I could send Miekka in and probably get the response I desire, but we'd have to be careful as sometimes I lose control of him when his mood is foul, and Brod has left him in quite a mood, I must admit."

He pulls Miekka from his sheath a few inches, the hum emanating from it louder than usual. He closes his eyes as if paying deep attention and nods, speaking in an extremely low voice, inaudible to those around the table.
Grimaldi
 player, 217 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 12 Aug 2018
at 07:55
The Common Room
"Let's go find some of the folks who've suffered at his hands, such as local shopkeepers and businessmen. They may have some information, they're eager to give out on the ones who've done them wrong, but are helpless to act on it."

This message was last edited by the player at 07:56, Sun 12 Aug 2018.

Sederic
 player, 141 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 20:29
The Common Room
"The names Sederic," he says, nodding to the knights.
"I suggest we be on our way,
the sooner the better. I say we head to the artisinal district and take a look around, seems we have a pretty good idea of where he is at."

He pulls his cloak around his shoulders and heads towards the door and into the streets assuming the rest will follow."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 22:56, Tue 14 Aug 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5393 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 14 Aug 2018
at 23:06
The Common Room


After the two retire to their quarters to be dressed in their armors by their valet, they return, Percival in mail and surcoat, James ensconced in full brigandine.
You all collect your arms and shields for the knights from McCain, and step outside.

The Artisinal district intersects with the redlight and mercantile districts at the Guild's doorstep, as Adventurers are somewhat between the three as to their general reputation.
This part of the city predates the Roman occupation, and most of the inhabitants are trades goblins, engaged in crafting leather goods and inexpensive metalwork.

The rough  map brings you to the northern edge of the district n near the wharves, warehouses, and low rent houses of the Sahudese. Even now, you can see a Sahudese man in elaborate yellow robes standing atop a barrel addressing a crowd of foreign born mercenaries in his peculiar tonal language.

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:31, Sun 19 Aug 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 218 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 15 Aug 2018
at 11:01
The Common Room
Grimaldi watched the tumult, from a ways.
"I wonder what's going on, here. Likely, it doesn't concern us.."
James
 player, 4 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 01:13
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 38):

"They are rabble and concern us not. Percival,  what say you?"
Sederic
 player, 142 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 01:50
The Common Room
"Anyone know what he's saying? Sederic asks, keeping his head low and keeping pace with the group.
He shoots a glance at the group of men and mentally assesses the threat. He attempts to listen as best he can, hoping to hear something that may be of some use.
Grimaldi
 player, 220 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 06:54
The Common Room
"I smell a battle... Probably local trouble of some sort. Maybe a house war, or power struggle among their guilds. Best we stay out of the way, and find somewhere to start asking questions, of those involved with our man."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 06:55, Sun 19 Aug 2018.

Percival
 player, 6 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 09:37
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 41):

"Side quests that are not founded in virtue invariably cost blood and resources and delay the sworn task from completion. Were there a battle with threatened innocents, it would be meet to interfere, but this, and yon ebony giantess at the fish stall with guild officers seems not to be for us today."
Narrator
 GM, 5397 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 09:40
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 42):

Even as you note the peculiar person he describes, further into dockside, you note a cluster of blue cloaked city watch approaching your heavily armed party.
Grimaldi
 player, 221 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 11:13
The Common Room
"Hail, gendarmes. What goes on here?"
Grimaldi greeted the guardsmen as they approached.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 11:13, Sun 19 Aug 2018.

Guardsman
 NPC, 33 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 17:42
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 44):

"I see a crowd of heavily armed men walking with purpose."
James
 player, 5 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 17:45
The Common Room
In reply to Guardsman (msg # 45):

"I am the Baronet of Veroigne, and this is my entourage."
Guardsman
 NPC, 34 posts
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 17:46
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 46):

"Very well, milord."
Sederic
 player, 143 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 19 Aug 2018
at 19:55
The Common Room
Looks to be James out of the side of his eye and raises an eyebrow, a bit surprised. He shrugs and nods to the guards and waits for the groups next decision.
"I feel like we're close,
any suggestions as to what we should do next?"

Grimaldi
 player, 222 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 20 Aug 2018
at 00:45
The Common Room
"I suggest we find a tavern frequented by merchants, to begin our inquiry.."
Grimaldi said casually, as he watched the guardsmen leave.

07:28, Today: Grimaldi rolled 17 using 3d6.  area knowledge (northport) ~ 14.
OOC: oooooh! a crit fail on my area knowledge roll for finding a suitable place. this oughta be fun! i wonder where in blazes i'm leading us into with that!! Mask Voice: somebody stop me!! *literally* xD

This message was last edited by the player at 08:33, Wed 22 Aug 2018.

Moulan Chervil
 NPC, 7 posts
 Bartender
 at the rusty marlinspike
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 18:41
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 49):

Not far away you find a run down tavern called The Rusty Marlinspike.
The crowd seems to consist of dockworkers, sailors, and brutes of low birth.
Percival and James look uncomfortable.
A one eyed fellow with a hook for ahand glares at you from a corner, and two of the men next to him have brands on their hands, indicating that they are convicted felons.



Think Salty Spitoon...
Grimaldi
 player, 223 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 22 Aug 2018
at 22:49
The Common Room
18:44, Today: Grimaldi rolled 13 using 3d6.  will - 12 (intolerant of scum).
"This place makes the guild common room, look like the faerie princess's banquet hall..Come, let us leave forthwith."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:51, Wed 22 Aug 2018.

Sederic
 player, 144 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 17:22
The Common Room
Sederic looks at the hook handed man and smirks, sizing up his bodyguards incase they decide to follow them outside. He shakes his head and looks back at Grimaldi and the knights.
"No need to leave just yet, methinks. I bet someone here at least knows something. he says. Besides, it seems we have some admirers, I'd hate to cut their admiration of us short. I say we have a drink and see what we can learn. We have to be careful though. If he gets wind that 4 heavily armed, dangerous looking men are looking for him he may bolt, before we get our chance."

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:50, Sun 26 Aug 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 224 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 17:53
The Common Room
"I wouldn't drink the swill this place serves, if it were the elixer of immortality!"
Grimaldi said, not caring who heard him.
"Do as ye like, I'll happily take anyone's head who gets within a blade's length of me."
14:06, Today: Grimaldi rolled 10 using 3d6.  fear ~ 14.
Grimaldi waved his hand, and murmured:
"Respice ad me et desperandum..." [Look upon me, and despair...]
an aura of dread began to emanate from his person, to keep the scum away from him, while Sederic did what he would do.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:14, Thu 23 Aug 2018.

Sederic
 player, 145 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 23 Aug 2018
at 18:12
The Common Room
Sederic motions for the other to follow as he walks to the bar, an air of confidence in his step. He waves the barkeep over when he reaches the bar and lays 8 coppers down.
"A round of whatever this can buy us, and make it something strong. There may be a bit more.coin in it for ye if you can answer a few questions and keep quiet about it."

13:59, Today: Sederic rolled 7 using 3d6 ((4,2,1)
Streetwise: IQ/A [1] 12
Grimaldi
 player, 224 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 24 Aug 2018
at 16:02
The Common Room
Grimaldi found a seat with his back to the wall, and frowned menacingly as he waited.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Fri 24 Aug 2018.

James
 player, 6 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 22:53
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 55):

"These are not our sort "

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:54, Sun 26 Aug 2018.

Percival
 player, 7 posts
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 22:57
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 56):

"These are no worse than the mercenaries your father would be forced to hire in campaign. Not all men find honor with a blade in hand. Some are born without it, and there are those who find their true worth on the field of battle."

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:55, Tue 28 Aug 2018.

Moulan Chervil
 NPC, 8 posts
 Bartender
 at the rusty marlinspike
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 22:59
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 54):

The barkeep pours four thin ales.
"Depends on your ask. Some pay for silence, and I honor my debts."
Grimaldi
 player, 225 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 26 Aug 2018
at 23:47
The Common Room
"Forsooth...."
Grimaldi growled in agreement, not happy to tarry in such a hive of scum and villainy.
Sederic
 player, 146 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 00:18
The Common Room
I'm looking for a man named Conard du Menteur. The guild has a few questions for him. We treat those who assist us quite well, by the way,"
he says quietly, making sure that only the barkeep hears him.
He reaches into his pouch and pulls a gold piece from it, which he slides to the barkeep discreetly. He then reaches up to his brooch and flips it over, revealing a guild badge. He leans a bit closer and takes a sip of his drink.
Moulan Chervil
 NPC, 9 posts
 Bartender
 at the rusty marlinspike
Sat 1 Sep 2018
at 03:42
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 60):

"That's the damn health inspector! He gave me a citation! He has an office a few streets up from here. I would have sent some guys to mess up the place, but he has a bunch of brutes working for him."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:24, Fri 07 Sept 2018.

Sederic
 player, 147 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 8 Sep 2018
at 21:30
The Common Room
"Thanks my friend, your help won't be forgotten."

He turns and walks to the others and relays the information he just received.
"It seems a plan is in order, but it seems we have a destination now.
Grimaldi
 player, 226 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 01:16
The Common Room
Grimaldi seemed pleased, they had not wasted their time at what he thought was an absolute mistake, in coming inside the place. "If we're careful, we may be able to use this knowledge to pin our activities on these thugs, after we've left our mess, and taken our quarry..."
"We should find this place, and perhaps our noble friends could come in with a complaint, occupying Connard, whilst we move in from the back, then we spring our attack. But first, we'll need to procure some manacles and restraints for our prisoner, perhaps a sack for his head, and a gag as well."
James
 player, 7 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 17:31
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 63):

"Such subterfuge would be contrary to our honor to do other than to issue a bold challenge, that he might relent from his cowardice and submit himself to the mercy of our brutish patron, or failing that, present his championthat we might conclude this matter upon the field of honor."

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:32, Sun 09 Sept 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 227 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 17:50
The Common Room
"Oh, aye... We can do it the "hard way" as well. I too, live by a code of honor, in that I don't neglect my physical prowess,keep my word,defend honor, and stand by my friends, family, and employers. I just feel these scoundrels aren't worthy of being given that courtesy, Sirs."
Grimaldi reasoned with the knights.
Sederic
 player, 148 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 20:45
The Common Room
"I, for one, quite like Grimaldi's plan. Let us not forget that this man is an official, supposedly. We are already in with rogues and scoundrels, and this job is paying good coin. We're going to have to rely on our employer for a smokescreen when the deed is done. Good knights, I think the time for Honor is not now, and that we instead honor our contract with Vilgar. The guild employs us, not some knightly code of honor, and maybe your lot should consider that before continuing your employment, not all of our work is honorable."
 

Sederic looks at the men in turn, waiting for some.kind of agreement to be reached
Grimaldi
 player, 228 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 9 Sep 2018
at 20:48
The Common Room
Grimaldi nodded at Sederic, and waited for the knights response to reason.
James
 player, 8 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 21:34
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 66):

"Forgive me my insistence on this point, I cannot pretend to be other than who I am, a life lived unauthentically is not bearable. I thrive on open combat, and if our erstwhile employer has noted that our quarry is , as he put it, 'holed up' like a coward or burrowing vermin, then there is no other egress, or he would have sent agents below streets to attack from that direction. This villain who hides behind some bureaucratic title might legally be able to impose taxes and citations on this pitiable public house, but has no recouse but to defend himself openly, or to be subject to siege and slaughter of his henchmen and retainers."
Grimaldi
 player, 229 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 10 Sep 2018
at 22:33
The Common Room
"Aye then, Sir. You lead the battle. I'll lend spell and steel to your plan of action, but we must not let anyone escape."
Grimaldi conceded, earnestly.
Narrator
 GM, 5466 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 12:40
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 69):

You exit the tavern, not without a few looks from the one eyed man and his fellow toughs, and make your way through the fairly narrow streets toward a warehouse that is fortified with iron bars. Two rough looking brutes stand by the door beside a pull rope. There is a painted wooden sign that says  "Du Menteur properties"
Grimaldi
 player, 230 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 19 Sep 2018
at 15:24
The Common Room
Before getting too close to be noticed in the streets, Grimaldi spoke:
"Well, here we are. This place looks pretty secure, but I could turn myself to vapor, get inside, and start multiple fires within...if we must lay siege to them."
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 1 post
 Brute mercenary
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 13:33
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 71):

One of the burly men guarding the door gives you the eye. He mutters something, and his companion reaches for the bell pull.
Grimaldi
 player, 231 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 14:23
The Common Room
"It seems they have taken notice of us, time to issue your ultimatum, Sir."
Grimaldi said casually.
James
 player, 9 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 16:53
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 73):

The baronet steps forward, Percival at his side.
Both men tighten their grips on their large spiked maces.
"If this be the residence or refuge of the scoundrel called Connard Du Menteur, then deliver him unto us in the name of justice. If he refuses, let him send his champion."
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 2 posts
 Brute mercenary
Sat 22 Sep 2018
at 16:56
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 74):

The two men glance at each other, and while one pulls the rope, the other retorts "Go to Hades. He ain't coming out, and you ain't going in."
Sederic
 player, 149 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 05:11
The Common Room
Sederic laughs and grasps the hilt of Miekka. He turns around and addresses the party quietly.n
"Maybe we should just go find these champions, then, good knights? We tried your method, it didn't work. Now try ours. It's the least you can do."
He slightly draws Miekka from it's sheath and a hum is heard as the beautiful silver blade shines. He removes his hand  and the blade hovers there instead of falling the rest of the way into the sheath.
Grimaldi
 player, 232 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 26 Sep 2018
at 20:55
The Common Room
"May we slay the whole lot of them now, Sirs? This hovel, can't keep me out.." Grimaldi said bloodlustily, as he smiled malevolently at the two unfortunates that stood outside.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:56, Wed 26 Sept 2018.

Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 3 posts
 Brute mercenary
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 17:32
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 77):

The door opens, and two more men in matching gear and mismatched tattoos step out, size you up and ready their weapons.

There are now four brutes facing you in a state of readiness.
James
 player, 10 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 17:35
The Common Room
In reply to Du Menteur's goon (msg # 78):

"Well then, this is hardly going to be a fair fight. The four of us have you outnumbered, or rather, outmatched. Prepare for mayhem and bodily harm then!"
He draws his axe, and steps into a defensive pose, leading with his shield.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:37, Tue 02 Oct 2018.

Percival
 player, 10 posts
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 17:36
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 79):
Percival also readies his axe.
"Gentlemen, shall we give them what for?"
Grimaldi
 player, 233 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 2 Oct 2018
at 21:49
The Common Room
"You are correct, Sir. We indeed have them outmatched, and outnumbered. Sederic's wonderful sword fights by itself, and has a will, all it's own. Be prepared for that...Oh, and
 do mind you don't break their skulls, if you please, Sirs. I want their heads."

Grimaldi guffaws, as he draws steel.
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 4 posts
 Brute mercenary
Wed 3 Oct 2018
at 13:52
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 81):

Eying the flying blade, one of the new arrivals yanks on the rope twice. The other three advance.
Grimaldi
 player, 234 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 5 Oct 2018
at 00:51
The Common Room
0:42, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  hit location maneuver - 14 (aimed thrust to the vitals).20:46, Today: Grimaldi rolled 4 using 1d6+1.  estoc thrust to vitals x3, if  touché. 1d+1 imp .
Grimaldi made a studied appraisal at one of the thugs that was not engaging the pair of knights, and then lunged!
"Have at you!"

This message was last edited by the player at 12:28, Sun 07 Oct 2018.

Sederic
 player, 150 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 6 Oct 2018
at 23:12
The Common Room
Upon commanding Miekka to fight of it's own accord, he takes a step back and mumbles the incantation to call forth a missile shield around himself. As the spell resolves, a faint glimmer surrounds him. He then commands Mika to fight the man leading the charge. Miekka swings!

Missile Shield: IQ/H [1] 14
19:05, Today: Sederic rolled 12 using 3d6 ((6,4,2)).

Broadsword: 18
19:07, Today: Sederic rolled 10 using 3d6 ((4,2,4)).
Damage roll:
19:10, Today: Sederic rolled 9 using 2d6+3 ((2,4)).
James
 player, 11 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Mon 15 Oct 2018
at 19:59
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 84):

Grimaldi's blade barely pierces the scale armor, but does draw blood.

Meika chops into another goon's arm, cutting through the scales armor and cleaving into the bone. His arm hangs limply.

James batters aside a spiked mace with his chield, and cuts deeply into the man's armor with his axe. The wound gushes blood as he withdraws the fine weapon, aznd the man collapses in a spreading pool of blood.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:50, Tue 16 Oct 2018.

Percival
 player, 11 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 00:01
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 85):

Following his partner's tactics, Percival bats away a mace with his shield, and drives his axe into the brute's chest, splitting the scales of his armor, and forcing the man back, where he promptly falls over.

He points at the one uninjured brute
"Call forth your champion!"
Grimaldi
 player, 236 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 14:28
The Common Room
Grimaldi goes over to the fallen thugs and administers coup de grâces ruthlessly. With a cold expression, he raises one fallen man's head by his hair, in his mailed-fist, whilst speaking a word of power: "Imputresco!..."
10:22, Today: Grimaldi rolled 14 using 3d6 ((5,3,6)). decay spell ~ 14
The flesh, begins to rapidly decay, and foul liquids spill from the head's orifices onto the ground, until the skull can be pulled free, with a firm yank, off the corpse's shoulders.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:11, Sun 21 Oct 2018.

Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 5 posts
 Brute mercenary
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 17:47
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 87):

The remaing man backs over toward the rope, and yanks on it three times.
Heavy footsteps xan be heard behind the door...
Du Menteur's Champion
 NPC, 1 post
 Strange warrior
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 17:52
The Common Room
In reply to Du Menteur's goon (msg # 88):

A massive woman in scale armor, over seven feet tall, carrying a spiked maul and wearing a necklace of human fingers pushes through the door and ducks under it to step out.

It is not that she is ugly, for her features are mildly unpleasant in that something seems off about them, but there is something thoughroughly unwholesome and unnatural about her very presence.

The brute, who seemed unaffected by the brutal deaths of his fellows, wets himself as she approaches.


Fright checks for everyone!
Grimaldi
 player, 237 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 18:08
The Common Room
13:55, Today: Grimaldi rolled 10 using 3d6.  fright check! ~ will 14 (+2 combat reflexes,+1 cool) = 17.
Grimaldi is unfazed, and continues his coup de grâces, and casting.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:19, Wed 17 Oct 2018.

James
 player, 12 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 21:38
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 9)
Missile spells are not instantaneous; you need to cast the spell, and can add up to one energy point per level of magery per second up to 3 seconds; when you are finished with the amount of charge you want to put in in, then you make a roll with innate attack to launch it, and if it hits and is not dodged, then roll damage.

The putrefication is going to take a few seconds as well: one second per coup de grace, then the casting, then the rotting happens after that,

James, although stricken and his face twitching, notices you casting the spell and calls out

"The champion has arrived, let us.. decide who shall take it on.. in single combat? Percival, are you up for this... I am not one to stike a woman..."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 21:38, Wed 17 Oct 2018.

Percival
 player, 12 posts
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 21:40
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 91):

The other knight is not as stricken as his companion.

"I will fight her, if this eager magus does not wish to fight her in single combat."
Grimaldi
 player, 238 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 17 Oct 2018
at 22:10
The Common Room
OOC: sorry, indeed got a little ahead of myself. retconned.(the two slain at this point, and one more round, til the skull is fully putrified, I reckon?)
"Take heart! I'll support you with magic, Sir...unless your code forbids my assistance?"
Grimaldi smiled ruthlessly, as he thrust his estoc into the next of the fallen, and twisted it gruesomely.
"No time for hindsight Sirs, but perhaps we should have done this.. my way? With all respect, if we survive this, perhaps you'll learn discretion is the better part of valor."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:19, Thu 18 Oct 2018.

Du Menteur's Champion
 NPC, 2 posts
 Strange warrior
Thu 18 Oct 2018
at 01:18
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 93):

The large and disturbing woman looks at what Grimaldi is doing with the head and tilts her head in interest. She rolls her eyes back toward Percival and smiles in a disturbing manner, and hefts her maul into a ready position.
"tHiS 0nE?"
James
 player, 13 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 18 Oct 2018
at 02:54
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 92):

"I shall like to help as well, however a champion must be fought by a champion, and you are mine."

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:07, Fri 19 Oct 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 240 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 15:01
The Common Room
Grimaldi ripped the now empty and whitened skull free from the man's shoulders, with a sickening pop. The body slumps onto it's belly with a wet thud, and fresh blood pours from neck, mingling with the puddle of putrescent and liquified, brain matter upon the ground, as Grimaldi placed the skull in his bag.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Fri 19 Oct 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5529 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 15:29
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 96):

This combat will be individual, between Percival thd the champion.
She has a slightly higher level of basic speed, however she must ready her oversized weapon for a round before she can attack, so her move this round is to ready her weapon.

Axes suffer this penalty as well, becoming unreadied after being used. If Percival uses his sword instead, he can attack each round, as well as defend.

She looks like she can hit very hard, hard enough that significant dammage can peneteate even the mail Percival is wearing. Her armor can absorb damage as well.

She is unnatural, and that might justify a general melee with the four of you.
Grimaldi
 player, 241 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 16:14
The Common Room
In reply to Narrator (msg # 97):
OOC: can Grimaldi do a thaumatolgy roll, to suss out her supernatural nature?
Narrator
 GM, 5532 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 17:20
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 98):

Occult at a -4 penalty would be better, but you need more information.
Sederic
 player, 152 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 18:49
The Common Room
Will: 13
14:39, Today: Sederic rolled 6 using 3d6 ((1,2,3)).

Sederic steels himself. He backs away and consults his knowledge of the occult for any information that may be helpful about this fowl creature.

Occultism: IQ/A [1] 12 -4
14:48, Today: Sederic rolled 11 using 3d6 ((3,5,3)).
Narrator
 GM, 5534 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 20:37
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 100):

Sederic holds his own against the unnatural fear projected by the champion, but cannot discern what it is that makes her very presence disturbing.

Have we settled on who will fight her, or are we ignoring the rules of Chivalry that bind two of your number?
Grimaldi
 player, 242 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 19 Oct 2018
at 21:28
The Common Room
OOC:We'll attack together, supporting the knights with spells, and meikka.
"This is a most unnatural evil we face, gentleman. Let us all fight together, steel yourselves!"Grimaldi said, trying to rally the knights, as they would be crucial to tactics that would win the day.
Sederic
 player, 153 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 04:37
The Common Room
"Stand fast men! Together we can fell this foul beast! I will command Miekka to attack from behind and keep.my distance! I have spells and arrows I can lob!" Sederic speaks loudly, so that the knights can hear.
He backs away and mentally commands miekka to circle round behind the monstrosity and attack with thrusts. After conferring with his telepathic sword, he begins conjuring a fireball, the magical words flowing from his mouth smoothly.

00:37, Today: Sederic rolled 13 using 3d6 ((4,4,5)).
Innate Attack (for fireball): DX/E [4] 16
Grimaldi
 player, 243 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 14:47
The Common Room
10:37, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  spell: lightning ~ 14. (3pt bolt)
10:40, Today: Grimaldi rolled 8 using 3d6.  innate attack ~ 14.

Grimaldi retreated back, and began conjuring up lightning: "Fulmen!"

James
 player, 14 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 19:34
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 104):

Reluctantly, the knight agrees.

Grimaldi raises a ball of lightning.

Meika flies into rediness.
Percival
 player, 13 posts
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 19:41
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 105):

Being at the ready, Percival  strikes first, cleaving mightily into her chest, while raising his shield against her strike, which knocks him back with a resounding clang when it comes.

The wound in her chest does not bleed! Per rolls all.


Percival rolled 13 on 3d6: block
         Percival rolled 13 on 3d6: chop champion
         Percival rolled 11 on 2d6-1 (2d6+2 adjusted for armor)

Grimaldi
 player, 244 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 20:22
The Common Room
16:22, Today: Grimaldi rolled 13 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.
Iskander
 player, 1535 posts
Sun 21 Oct 2018
at 20:26
The Common Room

This message was deleted by the player at 20:27, Sun 21 Oct 2018.

Sederic
 player, 154 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 22 Oct 2018
at 14:32
The Common Room
With a mental command Miekka hovers around and behind the behemoth. Miekka levels itself with the ground, preparing for a thrusting attack to the back of her torso.

MIEKKA:
Broadsword: DX/A 18
10:25, Today: Sederic rolled 10 using 3d6 ((4,1,5)).
10:45, Today: Sederic rolled 9 using 1d6+4 ((5)).

Sederic moves his hand as if tracing an invisible ball of fire and the fireball takes shape. He then lobs it at her.

Fireball: IQ/H [2] 15
10:31, Today: Sederic rolled 17 using 3d6 ((5,6,6)).


OMFG -___- LAME

This message was last edited by the player at 14:47, Mon 22 Oct 2018.

Du Menteur's Champion
 NPC, 3 posts
 Strange warrior
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 01:06
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 109):

The wound in the woman's  chest- it is the same fleshy color all the way through, and smooth, as if the axe had cut into clay.


Meika  cuts through the scales in her shoulder, and protrudes through the front. As the blade pulls out, the bloodless wound closes back up.

Sederic tries to raise a fireball, which blossoms into a ball of yellow flame in his palm. It swells several times larger and turns red, then collapses on itself, until only heavy darkness and cold void remains. Frost forms on Sederic's hand, causing 3 points of damage.... at the last fragment of a second, Sederic feels something looking back at him from the void.
Grimaldi
 player, 245 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 13:10
The Common Room
10:38, Sun 21 Oct: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  3d lightning bolt damage! *metal armor protects against lightning with only DR1*.
Grimaldi hurled his bolt!
Du Menteur's Champion
 NPC, 4 posts
 Strange warrior
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 23:35
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 111):

As the bolt strikes her, electrical energy courses around her limbs. She grits her teeth and advances on Grimaldi! An normal person would be dead already, but she is far from normal!

She swings, a mighty blow even in her weakened state, and is sure to smash Grimaldi flat!


Percival dives in with a sacrificial block, catches the maul on his shield, and is knocked over!


Grimaldi- dodge or be also knocked back.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:40, Tue 23 Oct 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 246 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 23 Oct 2018
at 23:45
The Common Room
19:43, Today: Grimaldi rolled 16 using 3d6+2.  dodge 11 +2 (all out defense).20:03, Today: Grimaldi rolled 5 using 3d6.  Dexterity Check ~ 14.
 Grimaldi is knocked back with Percival, by the force of the blow, but manages to stay on his feet. "Thank you, Sir. You probably saved my life!" Grimaldi reached his hand, to help Percival up, more quickly.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:08, Wed 24 Oct 2018.

Percival
 player, 14 posts
Thu 25 Oct 2018
at 23:38
The Common Room
"Thank you, sir!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:28, Fri 26 Oct 2018.

Du Menteur's Champion
 NPC, 5 posts
 Strange warrior
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 00:29
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 114):

The huge woman-thing, crackling with static electricity raises her weapon again.


Those of you with occultism can reroll now that you have seen something more of her peculiar nature.
Grimaldi
 player, 247 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 26 Oct 2018
at 01:31
The Common Room
21:28, Today: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  occultism (research -4) = 10.
Grimaldi retreated, not knowing what abomination this was, but lightning seemed to hurt it...
12:56, Today: Grimaldi rolled 13 using 3d6.  lightning ~ 14 (2d).
Grimaldi raised another bolt..

This message was last edited by the player at 16:58, Mon 29 Oct 2018.

Sederic
 player, 155 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 04:03
The Common Room
Sederic raised another fireball from his palm, as it struck him, just what this abominable "thing" was!
00:04, Today: Sederic rolled 10 using 3d6.  fireball 15.
00:01, Today: Sederic rolled 4 using 3d6.  occultism 12. CRIT!!

TO MEIKKA: "Chop off the right hand, so she can't heft her maul!"
00:12, Today: Sederic rolled 6 using 3d6.  broadsword 18 Meikka
00:19, Today: Sederic rolled 11 using 2d6+3.  cutting damage, to swordarm.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:20, Mon 29 Oct 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5563 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 13:46
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 117)
Meika flies out and cleaves through the wrist. The hand remains gripped on the maul, and you can see that both ends of the severed limb are slightly grainy, and solid, and not bleeding. This creature is a live thing, not a golem, and seems to be the result of an unnatural pairing of a human and an elder thing! One of this creature's parents is some non-euclidian horror from beyond time and space,
Sederic
 player, 156 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 16:29
The Common Room
12:28, Today: Sederic rolled 12 using 3d6.  fireball damage 3d.

12:27, Today: Sederic rolled 14 using 3d6.  innate attack, 3d fireball 16.
Sederic flings his fireball at her!
Grimaldi
 player, 248 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 29 Oct 2018
at 17:06
The Common Room
13:01, Today: Grimaldi rolled 5 using 2d6.  lightning bolt damage 2d (metal armor protects DR1 vs lightning).
13:00, Today: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  innate attack ~ (balls,bolts,jets) 14.

Grimaldi hurled a smaller bolt, than the first one, for he was beginning to feel the need to conserve his energy.. (at 8fp, spent 6 so far)
"Fulmen!"
Du Menteur's Champion
 NPC, 6 posts
 Strange warrior
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 18:52
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 120):

The fireball and lightning bolt strike the woman simultaneously,  and as she bursts into flame, small tentacles sprout from her wounds, whipping about spasmodically, and she collapses into a pile of twitching tendrils, which start to melt and lose their shape.
Grimaldi
 player, 249 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 19:46
The Common Room
"Quickly, let's all fall upon her with our axes and swords! Let us make sure it doesn't rise again!"
Grimaldi points his estoc at the foul thing!

This message was last edited by the player at 19:46, Wed 31 Oct 2018.

Sederic
 player, 157 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 31 Oct 2018
at 20:25
The Common Room
"Hack her into dogmeat, Meikka! Get your fill of this "thing's" blood..."
ooc does this thing have any valuable bits, for alchemy?
James
 player, 15 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 00:04
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 123):

James finally snaps out of it, and cleaves at some of the charred and slimy bits. Burnt and rapidly disolving as she is into slime that then crystallizes and then crumbles into powder, not much may be left. You will have to act quickly, and with an airtight container, like a potion vial.
Grimaldi
 player, 250 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 00:40
The Common Room
Grimadli thrusts his estoc into the remains a few times, and wipes his estoc on the seat of the pants, of one of the fallen thugs. "We killed it...."
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 6 posts
 Brute mercenary
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 00:50
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 125):

During the fight, the remaining goon snuck back inside and barred the door!
Sederic
 player, 158 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 01:02
The Common Room
20:58, Today: Sederic rolled 11 using 3d6.  Hazardous Materials, Magical: IQ/A [1] 12.
Sederic carefully collected a sample of the strange ichor...
"this is a rare thing, indeed...shame there isn't more time to collect more."
"Grimaldi, you say you can turn to vapor?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:17, Wed 07 Nov 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 251 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 1 Nov 2018
at 01:29
The Common Room
"Aye, but I must regain some energy...also, I won't be able to take any armor or weapons with me, but I can get in, and open the door for us, once Meikka clears anyone behind it. I'll have to take some time, donning my equipment again, as well...."
Time feels to be of essence...How about our noble friends batter down the door with their axes? I'm sure they could make short work of it...what say ye, Sirs?"

Grimaldi beamed at the knights, satisfied with the carnage and his bloodlust sated.
Sederic
 player, 159 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 01:41
The Common Room
"That probably would be faster. T'would allow us to maybe gain some power back, whilst we keep watch. Pray, t'might be a good idea, to drag these bodies out of the streets, before anythin' like breakin' down doors though."
Sederic mused, scratching his stubbled chin, as he surveyed the carnage.
James
 player, 16 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 01:54
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 129):

"I would happily lend my axe to this door. Cowards are to be pursued, and taught a lesson."
Grimaldi
 player, 252 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 7 Nov 2018
at 02:03
The Common Room
Grimaldi begins the callous task of looting, and dragging the bodies out of the open.
He then begins casting a spell..."
20:59, Today: Grimaldi rolled 7 using 3d6.  see secrets ~ 14.
"Revelet Deus Absconsa Tua!"
Grimaldi spoke the words of power as he waved his hand over the victims, starting with the "thing", looking for anything hidden on them.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:04, Wed 07 Nov 2018.

Sederic
 player, 160 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 8 Nov 2018
at 00:55
The Common Room
Sederic begins regaining energy.
Narrator
 GM, 5597 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 20:25
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 131):

One of the goons had a gold coin hidden in his boot. ($80) the others had pouches with a few copper and silver cois, cheap knives and spiked maces. The thing had a large good knife and a giant sized maul. That and her armir are fovered in slime. She and the others were wearing lamelar armor (scale mail). There is also a concealed peephole next to the door...
Grimaldi
 player, 253 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 9 Nov 2018
at 21:11
The Common Room
Grimaldi drags everything into a pile, and after counting the coin, adds it to the spoils.
"They had a little cash...We can divvy this up, later."
he begins to regain his energy, as well.
Narrator
 GM, 5603 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 10 Nov 2018
at 14:22
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 134):

What loot ate you grabbing?
Grimaldi
 player, 254 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 11 Nov 2018
at 13:28
The Common Room
nothing for himself out of this, just taking inventory. This is all pretty much salvage and petty cash.
James
 player, 17 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 02:21
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 136):

"Even poor harness is worth a ransom, but the time is not yet upon us when we can scavange like the crows that will come. Let us have at this door, Percival."
Percival
 player, 15 posts
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 02:22
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 137):

"Have at the coin though, for the poor will be upon the bodies as soon as we turn our backs. Now that James has hired us a valet, he are soon to be among them if we cannot add a little coin to our own purses."
Grimaldi
 player, 255 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 13 Nov 2018
at 03:03
The Common Room
"We'll be looting this hovel as well, if we can. We already need a cart, with all this salvage and spoils. This being a warehouse, perhaps we can comandeer a cart."
Grimaldi takes the coins and stands guard over the arms, as he rests and regains some energy.
Percival
 player, 16 posts
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 02:07
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 139):

 Percival and James make some noisy work of the door... it is attracting onlookers who might not have noticed the fight.

You can hear someone crying "Murder! Get the Watch!"
Grimaldi
 player, 256 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 02:20
The Common Room
"We'll have to flee gentlemen!, and perhaps return at night. We have until tomorrow.. He'll have moved by then, but we'll be able to hear gossip of this in the taverns no doubt, and try and track him down, from there...Come, let us make haste!"Grimaldi snatches up the large knife, from the arms, as the harnesses of scale and the spiked maces are too heavy and bulky. "Let's head for the guild to let this blow over."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 02:21, Wed 14 Nov 2018.

Percival
 player, 17 posts
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 02:28
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 141):

"Grab their purses. We best address the watch upon their arrival. They respect Jame's position, and would understand fully that these miscreants attacked us."
Sederic
 player, 161 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 02:33
The Common Room
21:29, Today: Sederic rolled 10 using 3d6.  streetwise 12.
Sederic addresses the onlookers, showing his badge:"This is guild business, and the watch better not show up, and interfere. You'll be responsible for that, and it'll go in the guild report. you want that? then cease your screaming, at once! This man has wronged the guild, and we've brough justice upon him, these men are knights!"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:35, Wed 14 Nov 2018.

Guardsman
 NPC, 35 posts
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 23:23
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 143):

Several bluecloaked members of the watch are approaching from a distance.
Grimaldi
 player, 258 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 14 Nov 2018
at 23:26
The Common Room
"Ah, the gendarmerie has arrived. Bravo." Grimaldi opera claps.
Sederic
 player, 162 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 15 Nov 2018
at 00:04
The Common Room
Sederic sighs and secures Meikka.
Grimaldi
 player, 259 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 15 Nov 2018
at 01:15
The Common Room
"I'm quite sure, The Baronet can effect something in our favor, still...this is a complication, i'd rather have avoided." Grimaldi sheathed his tuck, and stood by the Knights.
Guardsman
 NPC, 36 posts
Thu 15 Nov 2018
at 02:06
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 147):

"What seems to be the meaning of this! What has happened here?"
Sederic
 player, 163 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 15 Nov 2018
at 03:20
The Common Room
Sederic clears his throat, and gestures towards Sir James.
James
 player, 18 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 00:34
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 149):

"My good yeoman! These wretches assaulted us when we requested audience with their
master, attacking without provocation. Twice they summoned reinforcements, and we were forced
 to defend ourselves, as it is ignobile to retreat.  That empty armor yonder was worn by a
vicious and unnatural monster, who beat at us with that enormous sledge, and dissolved into
that unmentionable puddle therin after we gave her what for. It was a horror truly, as she did
not bleed when struck, even when a blade passed through her head. Something in defiance of
natural law resides with their master."

Guardsman
 NPC, 37 posts
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 00:41
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 150):

The gendarme looks over to the scene of slaughter, then back at James' fine armor and  earnestly smiling face, and shrugs.

"Well then! You have done the community a service. It would do well if you could drag the offender before the magistrate... is that a necklace of fingers lying there in that armor?
By Hades you have done well! We have been looking for the miscreants who have been about that business...It was always said to be a giant that turned folk's stomachs... We always assumed it to have been one of the fouler smelling ogres. As you were."


He salutes, snaps back his cloak, and marches off with the other men.
Grimaldi
 player, 260 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 02:02
The Common Room
Grimaldi cries out:
"Sir, would you have about you an extra pair of irons you could lend us, so we can bring him in alive, if possible?"
Guardsman
 NPC, 38 posts
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 02:37
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 152):

"As A matter of fact, I do!"
Grimaldi
 player, 261 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 02:55
The Common Room
Grimaldi steps forward to collect the irons.
"Our most sincere thanks, gentlemen! Be safe out here, and may justice prevail!"
Sederic
 player, 164 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 16 Nov 2018
at 03:02
The Common Room
"I'm glad that's over.."Sederic says, as he stands guard over the pile of arms.
"Meikka and I shall stand guard over our spoils. Go bring him in, and see what else we can take away with us. It looks as if this place is ours, now!"
Sederic was excited and had an avaricious twinkle in his eye. *will take the opp to continue regaining FP, as well*

This message was last edited by the player at 03:16, Fri 16 Nov 2018.

Percival
 player, 19 posts
Wed 21 Nov 2018
at 13:32
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 155):

The two knights make short if noisy work of the door, and as they cut through the last of it, a crossbow bolt flies through the wreckage, striking Percival in the torso. Despite his armor mastery, he is staggered.
Grimaldi
 player, 262 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 24 Nov 2018
at 21:36
The Common Room
"Sederic, I saw you cast a missle shield upon yourself, earlier...Perhaps you can do it again, and go in, with Meikka, and dispatch this crossbowman? This could be more dangerous than that thing, though mundane as it is... What say ye? How bad are you hurt, Sir?" Grimaldi finished speaking to Sederic, and asked the perforated knight.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:51, Sun 25 Nov 2018.

Sederic
 player, 165 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:25
The Common Room
15:20, Today: Sederic rolled 12 using 3d6.  spell: missle shield 14.
Sederic smiles, and waves his hand over head and across his body. A shimmering barrier faintly encompasses his form, and then seems to disappear.
"Come Meikka. Let's slay this fool, but remember... We want the one called Balar.. alive!"

James
 player, 20 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:41
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 157):

"Percival! You are wounded!"
James
 player, 21 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:43
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 159):

The knight grimaces, clutching at his abdomen.
"Tis but a scratch, dear James."
Narrator
 GM, 5641 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 20:45
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 160):

The door is cut through mostly, but you can see the bar still in place. You can hear someone fevershly turning a crank.
Sederic
 player, 166 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 21:48
The Common Room
16:46, Today: Sederic rolled 13 using 3d6.  forced entry 14.
"One moment, lads.."
Sederic forces the rest of the door, so the group may sally forth!
Grimaldi
 player, 263 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 25 Nov 2018
at 23:32
The Common Room
Grimaldi draws his sword, and guffaws.
"Here we come!"
Narrator
 GM, 5646 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 00:30
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 163):

You can still hear the crank turning, accompanied by cursing.
Grimaldi
 player, 264 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 28 Nov 2018
at 00:56
The Common Room
OOC:Can we all surge through in an assault now, rather than going through once at a time?
Grimaldi
 player, 265 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 29 Nov 2018
at 21:32
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 165):

16:24, Today: Grimaldi rolled 12 using 3d6.  will 12 (blood lust).
"Give up, and lead us to your boss, and you may live..I'm not known for this generosity, and the opportunity won't be given again. I give you my word of honor!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 21:33, Thu 29 Nov 2018.

Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 7 posts
 Brute mercenary
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:20
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 166):

Still outside the door, you hear a thunk as a heavy crossbow is thrown to the ground.
Grimaldi
 player, 266 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:22
The Common Room
"Alright then, come out. Don't be afraid. You'll be a free man, afterward, as well. Cooperate with us now. Remove the bar!"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:24, Fri 30 Nov 2018.

Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 8 posts
 Brute mercenary
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:31
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 168):

with trembling hands, the once brave brute removes the bar. He looks at the field of butchery before him, and at the vaporizing pool of ooze that was the champion.
Grimaldi
 player, 267 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 30 Nov 2018
at 02:37
The Common Room
"That's fine. Good. Now, stand there, and we'll all come in behind you. We're only after the boss, and he's coming with us. Do EXACTLY as I SAY, and you may leave afterwards, as I believe you were just a working fellow. You'll need a new boss now, I'm afraid."
Without taking his eyes off the door, Grimaldi waves the group forward.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 02:38, Fri 30 Nov 2018.

Sederic
 player, 167 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 06:04
The Common Room
Sederic advances and has meikka taking point, literally. The blade prods him in the small of the back, if he hesitates. "Lead on. One false move, and it'll be your last. Cooperate, and I'm in favor if letting you live also. Don't change my mind."
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 9 posts
 Brute mercenary
Sat 1 Dec 2018
at 17:54
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 171):

The hired thug sighs and picks up a lantern and then lifts the cover on a trapdoor, revealing a narrow flight of stairs.
Sederic
 player, 168 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 21:07
The Common Room
"Wait. We're in this for the money, right? Let's drag our spoils inside at least. There's probably at least a couple hundred in those maces and scale armor, sitting outside.
Grimaldi, can you wait here with me and hold this guy, and you sirs, if you would, collect our spoils and bring them inside? Coin don't sprout from gardens, afterall..."

Sederic says, minding Meikka, to keep their prisoner in check.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:09, Mon 03 Dec 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 269 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 3 Dec 2018
at 21:13
The Common Room
"Good thinking, I'd nearly forgotten, once this fellow started shooting at us."
Grimaldi looked at the thug.
James
 player, 22 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 15:29
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 174):

"Keep watch over yon downward doorway. Let the villain do the lifting. I will see to it that he does not lay hands upon a weapon."
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 10 posts
 Brute mercenary
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 15:30
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 175):

"You think I am gonna haul all that in for you..."
Percival
 player, 20 posts
Tue 4 Dec 2018
at 15:33
The Common Room
In reply to Du Menteur's goon (msg # 176):

"Indeed I do. The true price for your assault on my person would be death, yet we have pledged to let you live... that is surely worth a bit of labor on your part."
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 11 posts
 Brute mercenary
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 02:16
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 177):

The man grumbles, and begins to drag in the bodies.
Grimaldi
 player, 270 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 5 Dec 2018
at 02:26
The Common Room
Grimaldi tightened the grip on his sword, and frowned.
Narrator
 GM, 5695 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Dec 2018
at 19:57
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 179):

A few m8nutes later, and the bodies have all been dragged in.
Sederic
 player, 169 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 8 Dec 2018
at 07:56
The Common Room
Sederic has meikka get back in position point-first, behind the prisoner.
"Alright, now push the wood back in a bit, and set the bar back in place. That ought to hold enough to keep any nosy townies outta here, until we're through.."
Grimaldi
 player, 271 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 8 Dec 2018
at 23:37
The Common Room
"Alright then, up with the lantern, and down with the trapdoor. Take us to your Boss!"Grimaldi said with steel in his tone.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:42, Sun 09 Dec 2018.

Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 12 posts
 Brute mercenary
Tue 11 Dec 2018
at 23:25
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 182):

The Unemployed henchman proceeds down the trap door with the Lantern, and knocks three times on the door...
Grimaldi
 player, 272 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 07:04
The Common Room
Grimaldi nods at the goon.
"Don't double cross us, and there might be something extra in it for you, if you help us grab him and put him in irons. We're taking him to face Vilgar, and he could be your new employer if you play your cards right. We aim to sack this place too, and if you help with that, then there's a share of booty, to consider as well... but decide what you will quickly, for now is the moment of truth!"
Grimaldi hissed.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:07, Wed 12 Dec 2018.

Sederic
 player, 170 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 07:19
The Common Room
Sederick laughed.
"Well, well.. This could be your lucky day, Bravo.."
He kept Meikka's point at the thug's back.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:23, Wed 12 Dec 2018.

Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 13 posts
 Brute mercenary
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 00:49
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 185):

"He is really good at persuading people"
Grimaldi
 player, 273 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 01:25
The Common Room
"Alright then, let's bring him in, and loot this place. You're paying for a potion though, out of your share, for wounding Sir Percival. We'll speak well of you to Vilgar, when we return, if you wish you return with us. Perhaps you may join the guild."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Fri 14 Dec 2018.

Sederic
 player, 171 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 07:18
The Common Room
"Let's go."
Narrator
 GM, 5720 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 19:02
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 188):

There is some noise beyond the door... but it will not open. When the brute shoves it, faint bluish lines glow around the doorframe.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:02, Sun 16 Dec 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 274 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 02:16
The Common Room
21:14, Today: Grimaldi rolled 5 using 3d6.  thaumatology ~ 15.
01:30, Today: Grimaldi rolled 9 using 3d6 ((1,4,4)).
OOC: Does Grimaldi sense spells or magic emanating?

This message was last edited by the player at 06:31, Sat 15 Dec 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5725 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 20:03
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 190):

Touching the door reveals the prsense of something magical... in all likelyhood,  a magelock spell.
Grimaldi
 player, 275 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 20:13
The Common Room
"This is where you come in, Bravo. Sing for your supper now. Fool Connard into opening the door."
Grimaldi hissed.
Du Menteur's goon
 NPC, 14 posts
 Brute mercenary
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 20:34
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 192):

"Connard, it is Lourdaud. They killed Chienne LaChatte, but the watch came, the blue cloaks, and hauled them away. It is done, but I am wounded. Let me in."
Connard du Menteur
 NPC, 1 post
 Conniving stoolie
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 20:36
The Common Room
In reply to Du Menteur's goon (msg # 193):

"The hell you say, Lordaud! I can hear them on the stairs beside you!"



Bad reaction roll :(
Sederic
 player, 172 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 21:42
The Common Room
Sederic laughs.
"Give it up, Connard! Do you really think this door will hold us for long? We've slaughtered the lot of your servants and that foul she-creature as well. We're taking you to Vilgar, dead or alive. Which shall it be?"
Grimaldi
 player, 276 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 21:52
The Common Room
"Lourdaud, is it? You've tried, but it seems Connard isn't having it. What's in there, and where does it lead?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:44, Mon 17 Dec 2018.

Lourdaud
 NPC, 15 posts
 Brute mercenary
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 23:17
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 196):

"There is an antechamber, with two doors. one leads to our bunkroom, the other leads to a short hall, where Connard's office is, and that has two doors, to Chienne's room and another to his.  There are some places that used to be doors to the outside, but those have been bricked over. I know that they are pretty solid, because Vilgar sent some goons to try and break in from underneath."
Grimaldi
 player, 278 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 23:35
The Common Room
"Hmm.. I could turn myself to vapor, and come in through a small space, and let the rest of our group in perhaps... Do you know of any such places, Lourdaud?"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:37, Mon 17 Dec 2018.

Lourdaud
 NPC, 16 posts
 Brute mercenary
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 23:45
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 198):

"How little a hole? I mean, the rope goes into our bunkroom where it yanks on a bell. If he did that magic thing to the door, I don't know if you can move that bar/"
Grimaldi
 player, 279 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:01
The Common Room
"Any hole or crack will do. I may pass through any breach, as smoke would, but if your bunkroom is barred from the inside with magic, you may be right, and our only alternative may be to smash down the door.."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:02, Tue 18 Dec 2018.

Sederic
 player, 173 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:10
The Common Room
"I don't think I have any spells that would help, in our current situation. Does anyone else, have any ideas?"
Sederic rubbed his stubbled chin, thoughtfully.
James
 player, 23 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:23
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 201):

"A spell bound door shan't hold if it is no longer a door. I say we cut it down."
Grimaldi
 player, 280 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:29
The Common Room
"I agree. Let's hurry, before the bastard hangs himself."
James
 player, 24 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:37
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 203):

The knight bids you both climb up, as there is barely room to swing an axe down there, and begins chopping at the door.
Grimaldi
 player, 281 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 01:21
The Common Room
Grimaldi moves out of the way, and rings his fingers over his eyes, like a pair of spectacles, and speaks the magic words, followed by Connard's name....
01:23, Today: Grimaldi rolled 10 using 3d6.  seeker ~ 14 (a vision of where Connard is in the place, & what he's doing).
"Ostende Mihi...Connard Du Menteur!"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:04, Tue 18 Dec 2018.

Connard du Menteur
 NPC, 2 posts
 Conniving stoolie
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 20:56
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 205):

Your vision shows him drinking from several blue vials... his right eye dimming, and an aura of power emanating from him.
Grimaldi
 player, 282 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 21:28
The Common Room
"I'm seeing a vision of him drinking a bunch of paut. He's preparing for us..., Or he's just quaffing down possible spoils... Tell us, Lourdaud, do you know Connard to have been much of a wizard, beyond locking doors, and such?"
16:38, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  IQ ~ 14+2 (gauging magery power level of Connard)
Grimaldi asked, even as he sought the answer for himself, as he felt the emanating power..(it's an eminence front? a put-on? a put-on? *guitar solo*)

This message was last edited by the player at 22:07, Wed 19 Dec 2018.

Sederic
 player, 174 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 19 Dec 2018
at 22:14
The Common Room
Thinking to himself, he'd like to learn Grimaldi's spell, he reached out to feel the ripples in the local mana pool...
17:11, Today: Sederic rolled 15 using 3d6.  thaumatology 15

This message was last edited by the player at 22:21, Wed 19 Dec 2018.

Lourdaud
 NPC, 17 posts
 Brute mercenary
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 16:28
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 208):

There does not appear to be additional magics at play as of yet,.

"He could make people... do things they didn't  want to, like tell the truth, or sign doccuments. He also never seemed to get hit when people fired arrows at him... I knew one of the archers that was hired to hit him, and he wzs a good shot. Never saw a lot of magic though."


James starts hacking loudly at the door.
Grimaldi
 player, 283 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 16:41
The Common Room
Grimaldi smirked.
"A petty dabbler, in such magicks that aid his pursuits...and now the rogue's time of reckoning is at hand."
James
 player, 25 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 26 Dec 2018
at 22:11
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 210):

James continues to hack at the door, and then pauses.
"It probaby is a good idea to leave this door as it is for right now. After all, this is someone's home...

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:53, Sun 30 Dec 2018.

Sederic
 player, 175 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 00:37
The Common Room
"Well, after we bring the scoundrel in, Lourdaud is the only remaining resident, and this place will more than likely be Reappropriated for Vilgar's use, and he'll send in workmen, to refortify it, I'm sure... But these distasteful acts of vandalism, are necessary in apprehending our quarry, Sir James..."
Sederic reasoned.
Grimaldi
 player, 284 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 23:55
The Common Room
"This place belongs to a criminal, Sir. We needn't respect their property, especially when it impedes us from our mission, and when we are so close. Remember what Lourdaud said, about Connard using magicks that affect the mind...Are you feeling yourself, Sir James, or is this another matter of honor for you?"
James
 player, 26 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 15:24
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 213):

James' forehead flickers in concern.
"I feel fine. It is only that I was just told something very reasonable, and it seemeth untoward to assault someone's home..."

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:52, Sun 30 Dec 2018.

Sederic
 player, 176 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 17:12
The Common Room
"Wait, who told you so? None of us had been speaking to you, nor would you have physically spoken while you were busy chopping at the door. I fear he is inside your head, Sir James...
You were all for cutting the door down, only a moment ago... In fact you suggested it, Sir."

Grimaldi
 player, 285 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 17:25
The Common Room
Grimaldi remained silent, making sure Lourdaud was in check, and exchanged glances with the other men.
Percival
 player, 21 posts
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 19:52
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 214):

" Sir James! Beyond that door is a despicable bourgeoisie sorcerer who trucks with vile things from beyond to harrass tavernkeepers. Open that door, or step aside while I do!"
James
 player, 27 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 18:49
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 217):

"I don't know what came over me Percy. Let me do it."

The baronet turns and asaults the door with renewed fervour.
Grimaldi
 player, 286 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 31 Dec 2018
at 22:45
The Common Room
Grimaldi continues to observe, silently.
Sederic
 player, 177 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 03:32
The Common Room
"We need a safeword... If anyone begins feeling odd, or questioning their actions, say..."Brain Salad Surgery"!"
James
 player, 28 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 18:28
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 220):

The knight finishes clearing through the ruin of a door. The lock remains fixed, but there is space to step through.
Grimaldi
 player, 287 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 21:54
The Common Room
"Hold.. Let us see what he is doing now, and where he is, before we go forth."
16:52, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  spell: seeker ~ 14.
Grimaldi repeated his earlier seeker spell, on Connard...

This message was last edited by the player at 21:54, Thu 03 Jan.

Sederic
 player, 178 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 23:59
The Common Room
Sederic observed the spell being cast again.
Narrator
 GM, 5777 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 20:41
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 222):

Seeker can only be cast once a week...

You do however get the impression that he has moved away from the door, toward your left, in the region Lourdad suggested was his offices and quarters.
Grimaldi
 player, 288 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 4 Jan 2019
at 23:20
The Common Room
"I think he's holed up in his office..can't see him clearly. I'd forgeotten I cannot cast this spell only once per week."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:21, Fri 04 Jan.

Sederic
 player, 179 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 6 Jan 2019
at 19:02
The Common Room
"We'll probably have to break through another magic-locked door, lads...Ha!Ha!Ha! If so, Why don't we take a little break, have some food and wine, and rest a spell.. Literally, for me and Grimaldi. After cutting down two doors, I'm sure Sir james can use a break, and we can tend to your wound, Sir Percival, before we close in on our fox-in-the-hole."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:03, Sun 06 Jan.

Percival
 player, 22 posts
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 23:40
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 226):

"Does that not grant our quarry the ability to do more mischief?"
Grimaldi
 player, 289 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 00:36
The Common Room
"Perhaps, but if we have him trapped, it matters not. We'll have more spell power, if rested a bit, and I can cast a lesser tracking spell, to make sure he isn't escaping us... Or we can press on. He is badly outnumbered..."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:59, Thu 10 Jan.

Sederic
 player, 180 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 03:58
The Common Room
"That's the spirit, lads! Onward then, into the breach!"
Grimaldi
 player, 290 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 10 Jan 2019
at 04:05
The Common Room
Grimaldi, bows and gestures as to acquiesce passage.
James
 player, 29 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 15:40
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 230):

James boldly steps through the breach, followed immediately by Percival. The room beyond has a few chairs, a small table, and a decent looking carpet on the floor. There are three doors, one happens to have a somewhat higher lintel. That door is next to one with a brass plaque that says "Office", and to the right is another.

"Which door is next, Oaf?"
Lourdaud
 NPC, 18 posts
 Brute mercenary
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 15:46
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 231):

"The one to the right is our barracks. The one in the middle was for Chienne laChatte, the left had his office and quarters.  The upstairs office was mostly for show, he had clerks come in to move paper about, but I am not sure they could even read.  The back room up there had contraband he confiscated and would resell."
Grimaldi
 player, 291 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 19:07
The Common Room
Grimaldi steps through the destroyed doorway, and looks around, noting the carpet. Curious, he slid it aside with his boot, to make sure it didn't hide a trap door, or cache of some sort.
Sederic
 player, 181 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 19:36
The Common Room
Sederic joins the group. "No meikka, we mustn't kill him. That pleasure is reserved for our employer, but I promise to find you a substitute, when we're finished here." Sederic conversed with the broadsword that hummed in his hand.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:37, Tue 15 Jan.

Percival
 player, 23 posts
Wed 16 Jan 2019
at 01:25
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 234):

"Which path then?"
Grimaldi
 player, 292 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 16 Jan 2019
at 03:57
The Common Room
Grimaldi jangled the irons he got from the gendarmes, earlier.
"Lets get Connard in these, first. Then, we can search for valuables. Don't you agree, Sirs?"
James
 player, 30 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 15:25
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 236):

"So which door again? I am not privy to your sorcery."
Grimaldi
 player, 293 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 19 Jan 2019
at 00:11
The Common Room
"He's holed up in his office, there."
Grimaldi pointed to the door with the plaque.
Sederic
 player, 182 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 20 Jan 2019
at 22:59
The Common Room
"Expect traps of some sort then, it's to his advantage and to our disadvantage and he's fled to his "panicroom". All evil bosses are alike!"
Grimaldi
 player, 294 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 21 Jan 2019
at 03:58
The Common Room
22:53, Today: Grimaldi rolled 16 using 3d6.  see secrets ~ 14 .
Grimaldi's spell fizzles.
"Confounded, fickle magical-pickled, pouch-snatchers!"
Sederic
 player, 183 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 21 Jan 2019
at 23:30
The Common Room
"I say, was that a spell?"
Grimaldi
 player, 295 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 01:16
The Common Room
"Impromptu impertinence. Nonetheless, I digress."
Sederic
 player, 184 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 01:19
The Common Room
*Opera Claps* "Bravo. Bravo."
James
 player, 31 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 17:27
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 243):

After quickly determining that the door is in fact magelocked, they begin chopping the door into flinders. It takes five or six minutes and is quite loud.

Once done, the doorway opens into an office with a desk, table, two chairs and a glowing light source hanging from a chain above the desk. Another door is beyond.
Grimaldi
 player, 296 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 00:29
The Common Room
19:25, Today: Grimaldi rolled 5 using 3d6.  sense foes ~ 14.
"Delectasti Inimicos Revelare!"
Grimaldi casts another spell, intending to pinpoint their quarry.
Sederic
 player, 185 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 13:09
The Common Room
08:07, Today: Sederic rolled 5 using 3d6.  thaumatology 15.
"Very useful... I should learn this spell, myself."
Narrator
 GM, 5836 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 14:56
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 245):

You sense something beyond the next door.

The knights again check the door, and begin demolishing it

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:02, Mon 28 Jan.

Narrator
 GM, 5842 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 16:08
The Common Room
In reply to Narrator (msg # 247):

Thirty seconds later, if you haven't searched the room, the ensorcelled door is no more, and the rom beyond is revealed.tapestries line the walls, except where one is pulled aside, and a canopied bed is beside a nihtstand with a bowl and pitcher and covered lamp. A dressing table scattered with empty bottles and another lamp, this oe uncovered and coolly glowing.
Of DuMentuer there is no sign, but there appears to be a partially open stone door where the tapestry is pulled aside.
Grimaldi
 player, 297 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 15:05
The Common Room
Grimaldi maintains his spell, to track Connard, pointing to the moved tapestry.
Sederic
 player, 186 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 18:29
The Common Room
"A secret passageway!"
Percival
 player, 24 posts
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 14:14
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 250):

"Perhaps our little friend has more exits than our esteemed ogrish employer is aware of. To the passage then? Methinks we need a lamp, perhaps the on on yon dressing table?"
Sederic
 player, 187 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 21:01
The Common Room
15:58, Today: Sederic rolled 14 using 3d6.  Light 14 (spell).
Sederic conjures light from his finger tip, and has it follow the group, illuminating their path. "There you are, and hands free."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:17, Wed 30 Jan.

Grimaldi
 player, 298 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 21:38
The Common Room
"Careful... In my vision I saw him drinking potions. It might have been paut, but he could even be invisible, for all we know, and the passage could be trapped..."
Grimaldi said, looking around, advancing cautiously, following his spell's suggestion of foes.
James
 player, 32 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 15:17
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 253):

The handsome knight boldly steps into the passage first.
"I say it is a bit narrow, barely a yard wide."

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 20:44, Fri 01 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 188 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 17:20
The Common Room
"You want to go next, Sir Percival? Meikka and I shall follow behind Lourdaud, here..."
Sederic's sword seemed to humm louder, as if calling for blood.
Grimaldi
 player, 299 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 17:29
The Common Room
"You know anything about this passage, and where it leads,Lourdaud?"
Lourdaud
 NPC, 19 posts
 Brute mercenary
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 20:46
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 256):

"Truthfully I did not think there was anything behind those tapestries except for damp walls.  I have never seen this before."
Percival
 player, 25 posts
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 20:47
The Common Room
In reply to Lourdaud (msg # 257):
The knight follows his partner into the confined space.
Sederic
 player, 189 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 04:25
The Common Room
"Come on, Follow them. I'll be right behind you."
Sederic steps aside to let Lourdaud pass.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 04:25, Sat 02 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 300 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 2 Feb 2019
at 04:31
The Common Room
In reply to Lourdaud (msg # 257):
Grimaldi nodded, and moved preparing to come in behind the rest of the group.
Narrator
 GM, 5867 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 21:47
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 260):

The knights forge ahead in the confined space, and are followed by Lourdad. The two of you enter as well. Several yards in, the narrow corriderturns toward the left, out of sight from the door behind.
Grimaldi
 player, 301 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 17:55
The Common Room
Grimaldi brings up the rear, wondering where the passage might lead.
Narrator
 GM, 5875 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:50
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 262):

A moment after you make the turn, the door behind you slams shut.
Grimaldi
 player, 302 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 02:24
The Common Room
"Everyone,Run! The Door has closed upon us, nowhere left, but forward!"
James
 player, 33 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 19:36
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 264):

"Wait, ho! This passage ends ahead with no exit!"
Grimaldi
 player, 303 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 20:11
The Common Room
"Alright...Nobody panic...Yet. I can get us out of here..."
Grimaldi begins looking around for a breach, or crack in the stonework.
"Find us a crack or breach somewhere.."
15:12, Today: Grimaldi rolled 8 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:13, Wed 06 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 190 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 20:29
The Common Room
"Good thing none of us, are claustrophobic..."
Sederic laughed, a bit nervously.
Grimaldi
 player, 304 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 7 Feb 2019
at 10:48
The Common Room
"If there's at least some air coming in here, I can get out of here, and let the rest of you out...There may be some other secret door to find. I have a spell for that as well..So, nobody panic."
Grimaldi smiled assuredly, in the lit tomb-like space.
He held up his hand, feeling for a draft...
Narrator
 GM, 5889 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 01:02
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 268):

You can find no cracks in the masonry, but you do hear faint chanting behind you.
Grimaldi
 player, 305 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 01:13
The Common Room
20:12, Today: Grimaldi rolled 9 using 3d6.  thaumatology ~ 15.
Grimaldi tries to figure out, what the spell is...
Sederic
 player, 191 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 01:29
The Common Room
20:28, Today: Sederic rolled 8 using 3d6.  thaumatology  15.
"I Think we're in big trouble..."
Narrator
 GM, 5893 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 01:33
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 270):

The spell is magelock. Its base duration is an hour.
Grimaldi
 player, 306 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 01:46
The Common Room
"Magelock...He's locked the passage behind us... so, we have to figure out how it opens...and have about an hour until the spell wears off... in the meantime, let's see what is hidden..."
"Secreta Revelare.."
20:44, Today: Grimaldi rolled 13 using 3d6.  see secrets ~ 14.
Grimaldi gestured to his eyes, and again towards the room, speaking an incantation.
Narrator
 GM, 5894 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 01:58
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 273):

Where in particular are you looking?
Grimaldi
 player, 308 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 02:02
The Common Room
Starting behind us, then, I'm going to pan the passageway.
Narrator
 GM, 5896 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 15:30
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 275):

Behind you, you find the stone door and its locking mechanism, which is a lever with stone facing. Unfortunately, the device is magically locked.
Grimaldi
 player, 310 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 15:36
The Common Room
"Well, we'll be in here for an hour at least, may as well get comfortable... Let's regain some energy." Grimaldi sits quietly, regaining power expended from previous spells.
Sederic
 player, 192 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 15:42
The Common Room
Sederic sighs.
"I don't think he'll stick around here...it's too hot for him, and all his men are dead. He's probably making a hasty rush to grab what he can, and hide out... Damn it! We were so close!"

Grimaldi
 player, 311 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 15:48
The Common Room
Grimaldi is quiet for a long moment, and then speaks.
"You know, I bet he hid under his bed, after he left this open for us? We should've split up and searched the room first, then, we'd probably have had him, without a struggle.
Narrator
 GM, 5898 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:08
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 279):

An hour passes slowly, with the air getting a little stale toward the end. Everyone lose 2 FP.
Connard du Menteur
 NPC, 4 posts
 Conniving stoolie
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:10
The Common Room
In reply to Narrator (msg # 280):

The door opends slowly. Connard is standing at a guarded distance from the door, and next to him is your employer, and a slick looking fellow you recognize as one of his agents.  They seem to have come to an understanding.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:43, Fri 08 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 193 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:12
The Common Room
11:09, Today: Sederic rolled 14 using 3d6.  forced entry 14.
"Anyone have a small crowbar, or hammer on them? I could probably breach the stonework, a bit.."

"Hey! it's opening!"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:26, Fri 08 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 312 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:18
The Common Room
11:16, Today: Grimaldi rolled 14 using 3d6.  create air ~14
"Veni Respirare Caeli!"
Grimaldi Refreshes the air, as needed (can we ignore the -2 FP, through my efforts?)
Grimaldi steps out, and nods at Vilgar.
"What do you say, Lourdaud. Do you want to work for the guild? If so, Go get your things!"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:41, Fri 08 Feb.

Vilgar
 NPC, 98 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:42
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 283):

"I was expexting you to bring him to me, but he came in to me on his own, telling me he had my agents, and that you had slaughtered his. Nice amount of damage done, it greatly affected his decision. Can't  pay you the amount we agreed, but I will pay you fifty percent, as you did half the job. Connard and I have come to an understanding. I will get proper licencing for my current venues, with Laurence here being listed as proprietor for legal purposes, and I will get a few points on some of his businesses, and he will have to hire replacements for the men you killed from my people."
Laurence Cassile
 NPC, 113 posts
 Legitimate
 business agent
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:48
The Common Room
In reply to Vilgar (msg # 284):

"I will also negotiate on your behalf for the sale of the armor and goods of the departed, provided you help load the remains onto a wagon I brought outside. The sale of those remains to the guild necromancers will be my take."
Grimaldi
 player, 313 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:50
The Common Room
In reply to Vilgar (msg # 284):
"Looks like we fell for a ruse. I was beginning to wonder if by our own efforts, we would be able to escape that tomb."
Grimaldi accepts the payment, with thanks, and addresses the group.
"Let's go talk to the gendarmes, we can collect that bounty on Chienne...and maybe tell 'em a few other things, too."
Adressing Laurence:
"Alright, Sir. It's a bargain."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:03, Fri 08 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 194 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 16:56
The Common Room
11:53, Today: Sederic rolled 5 using 3d6.  merchant 12.
Sederic steps in, and sizes Cassile up, in a friendly manner.
"Greetings sir, Step into my office...let's negotiate...Those are some corn-fed brutes there, out in the street. They ought to fetch you a good price. Can you get us a good deal on the salvage of those arms, friend?"
Sederic gestured to the office, behind them.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Fri 08 Feb.

Connard du Menteur
 NPC, 5 posts
 Conniving stoolie
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 17:37
The Common Room
In reply to Laurence Cassile (msg # 285):

"I will need you to get those bodies out before they start to stink. I have a respectable  place to run. Vilgar, could you send Voorland the smith? I need to have some iron doors installed. And you, you oaf, are not welcome on my property. Vilgar, make sure he isn't  assigned here if you take him on."
Lourdaud
 NPC, 20 posts
 Brute mercenary
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 17:46
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 283):

"That's  how it is? Looks like I don't have a choice in this."
Laurence Cassile
 NPC, 114 posts
 Legitimate
 business agent
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 17:51
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 287):

"You iced them, and get a split on the armor, 40% of the going rate. I get dibs on the remains tho, for providing the wagon."
Sederic
 player, 195 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 18:05
The Common Room
"Alright then."
"Help us, with these bodies, Lourdaud! Let's get paid!"
He starts working.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:42, Fri 08 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 314 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 18:16
The Common Room
"You'll get a share, Lourdaud. Just remember, you owe Sir Percival the cost of mending his wounds, for that bolt you fired at him, earlier. That ought to be enough to get you situated, until you get more work."
Grimaldi addressed the party:
"A share of the arms salvage, and a share of this reward. Chienne, if anything, shall be our affair, since we dealt with her, before you joined with us...alright? Does everyone agree that's fair for him?..."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:21, Fri 08 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 196 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 18:45
The Common Room
"That was what we agreed on."
Sederic says on his way out.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:47, Fri 08 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 315 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 8 Feb 2019
at 19:01
The Common Room
OOC:The harnesses of scale, the maces, the heavy crossbow are what we stripped off them.
and I already took their purses, earlier. (pouches with silver and copper coins, and one guy had a gold piece in his boot!) and a good quality, large knife ($40), I'll throw into the salvage pot. so that needs tallied...
plus the payment for this job, half the worth. = ?

Narrator
 GM, 5900 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 03:29
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 294):

That would be what Cassile will unload for you. He has a higher wealth level, so he gets s marginally higher return, you get a flat 40% of cost based on average wealth. Getting a reward for Cheinne may be hard...without a body though.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:15, Sun 10 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 316 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 04:52
The Common Room
OOC:How about the finger necklace, her armor, maul, and the testimony of the gendarmes that were on duty, when they met us there and spoke with us?
Sederic
 player, 197 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 16:37
The Common Room
OOC sounds like the best bet. We can give 'em a report of the outcome, and locals could be called as witnesses, too...
Narrator
 GM, 5904 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 17:17
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 297):

That would probably work. You need to meet the gendarmes after loading the rest of the gear. You would not also make any money from her gear, but the reward ($1000) is better
Grimaldi
 player, 317 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 17:23
The Common Room
OOC: Okay, we'll do that, then. :D
Grimaldi
 player, 318 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 10 Feb 2019
at 20:28
The Common Room
Grimaldi collects up and separates Chienne's effects, and helps load the bodies up, onto the cart. "Alright, we should go find those gendarmes...and collect the bounty of Chienne. I've gathered up her grisly artifacts, and with their testimony, and maybe some local witnesses, we'll be rewarded."

Sederic
 player, 198 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 11 Feb 2019
at 14:59
The Common Room
"You Sir Knights, should represent us, when we speak. They made the good impression last time, so when we return, we ought to be consistent, with our impressions...Don't you agree?"
Sederic addressed the knights.
"They just might have some more honest work, for us...deputy debutantes...haw haw haw!"
Sederic gives a heavily exaggerated Aralaise, guffaw.
Lourdaud
 NPC, 21 posts
 Brute mercenary
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 03:26
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 301):

Laurence heads off to broker the return deposit on the empties, although Lourdad requests his spiked mace back so he can work. "If you don't mind, I'd rather be at the guild when you meet with the guard on this matter."
James
 player, 34 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 03:29
The Common Room
In reply to Lourdaud (msg # 302):

"Not one to speak ill of the dead, I will, however,vouch for that woman as being in possession of that horrible trophy when she was slain."
Grimaldi
 player, 319 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 04:25
The Common Room
Grimaldi gives Lourdaud back the tools of his trade.
"See you around."

Percival
 player, 26 posts
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 13:33
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 304):

"Let us find these police and be done. There ought somewhere be a merchant prince in need of ransoming, or a dastard in need of chastising."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:00, Tue 19 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 320 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 15:02
The Common Room
09:56, Today: Grimaldi rolled 10 using 3d6.  Area Knowledge ~ 14 (northport).
"Let us go the local barrack and jail, for this neighborhood. The gendarmes that were on duty, within the past several hours will probably be there, or reporting in soon. come." Grimaldi waves the group to follow him, as he strolls casually down the street.
Sederic
 player, 199 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 19:55
The Common Room
Sederic follows Grimaldi, since he seems to know where he's going.
Sergeant Lefleur
 NPC, 17 posts
 pompous
 guard leader
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:02
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 307):

A few moments later...

"Ah, you again! What brings you to us then?"
Grimaldi
 player, 323 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:14
The Common Room
Grimaldi stepped back, to let Sir James speak first, and would produce the evidence, and help with details of the report.
Sederic
 player, 200 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:36
The Common Room
Sederic grinned, stood up straight, trying not to look too frayed, and rough around the edges.
James
 player, 35 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 02:04
The Common Room
In reply to Sergeant Lefleur (msg # 308):

"My good sir, while dealing with those ruffians, who apparently were running some kind of an extortion operation and bleeding money from the local businesses without passing a fare share to those who do serve and protect the common folk, we discovered a very monster. We slew the horrid thing, and the body is no more. We have here proof that we have done so, and I believe there to have been a reward for the capture or killing of the Northside Ear-taker, if I recall correctly."
Sederic
 player, 201 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 02:18
The Common Room
"She appeared to have been some sort of elderthing, and melted into puddle of ooze, but we brought back her armor, maul, and her horrid trophy necklace."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:09, Tue 19 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 324 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 19:36
The Common Room
Grimaldi produces the grisly evidence.
"The people can rest easier now, that this foul creature has been put down."
Sergeant Lefleur
 NPC, 18 posts
 pompous
 guard leader
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:33
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 313):

"Really now? And you want a reward for this?"
James
 player, 36 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:43
The Common Room
In reply to Sergeant Lefleur (msg # 314):

"Naturally the reward would be divided between us and the guard commander, as we were working under the authority of the guard when we defeated this menace."
Narrator
 GM, 5926 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:52
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 315):

"Under those terms, we have a deal. Five hundred is your share."
Grimaldi
 player, 325 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 22:09
The Common Room
"Thank You, Gentlemen."
Sederic
 player, 202 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 22:42
The Common Room
"Alright, let's go back to guild, divvy-up, and see what's happening."
Laurence Cassile
 NPC, 115 posts
 Legitimate
 business agent
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 01:21
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 318):

At the guild you run into Laurence, Vilgar's agent.
"I got some moneys for ya.  Sixty each from Vilgar, half the rate because you got half the job done, and your share of cashing in the empties afterI took my hauling fee is five hunnerd. You can split that amongst the four of you, and with that guy Lourdad as you see fit."
Grimaldi
 player, 326 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 02:22
The Common Room
"Thank you, Monsieur Cassile."
Grimaldi collects the money, and says to the others:
"Let's go find find Lourdaud, and make good on that, and we can find us a table and divvy-up."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Wed 27 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 202 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 02:45
The Common Room
21:34, Today: Sederic rolled 16 using 3d6.  perception 13.
I can't see him...Maybe he'll see us first. We have something he needs, after all.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:45, Fri 22 Feb.

Grimaldi
 player, 327 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 03:21
The Common Room
22:08, Today: Grimaldi rolled 9 using 3d6.  perception ~ 14.
Grimaldi cranes his neck, as he scans the common room...
"I see him. He's over there..."
"We 4 shall get $125 apiece from the bounty, we 4 shall get $125 apiece from the arms salvage, and then there is $60 apiece for the 5 of us... so the 4 of our original group net $310, and Lourdaud shall have three pieces of silver, compliments of Vilgar..."
Sederic
 player, 203 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 03:27
The Common Room
22:23, Today: Sederic rolled 15 using 3d6.  merchant 12.
"I can't recall how much a healing potion costs, but we were going to subtract that from his share... as compensation for wounding Sir Percival."

Grimaldi
 player, 328 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 03:39
The Common Room
"Ah, yes.. That's right. We should probably decide this matter before we talk to him. What say you, Sir Percival?"
Percival
 player, 27 posts
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 19:54
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 324):

"A healing potion costs five pieces of silver. We cannot charge him, and he ought have something to live off, lest he revert to a life of crime directly, like the villain he is. I know he will see nothing more from his old master, let him have at least a sil er piece and a half, that is a day's wages, and let him owe you a favor."



A favor is a 1 point temporary perk.
Grimaldi
 player, 329 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 22:47
The Common Room
"Alright.. that sounds fair. I'll continue to do him good turns, if he turns over a new leaf. He doesn't seem like such a bad fellow.. We don't know his circumstances, either. Let's get to know him a bit, perhaps. Let us divvy up amongst ourselves then, first..."
Grimaldi formed a huddle with the group, and divvied up the coin, before he approached the man. *$30/4 = $7.50 apiece, more for everyone else.*
"Hello Lourdaud. Join us, and collect some wages."

This message was last edited by the player at 03:08, Sat 23 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 204 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 00:46
The Common Room
"He does owe you a favor, I'd say. If it weren't for you giving him a chance to surrender, we'd have most certainly killed him, and he'd join his fellows on the cart, necromancer bound!" Sederic laughed. "What's the matter, Grimaldi..? You getting soft?"
Grimaldi
 player, 330 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 00:58
The Common Room
Grimaldi half-smiled. *Quirk: Benevolent Streak -1*
"Sometimes, I try to remind myself I have no desire to become as bad as those I hold in contempt. Also, low probability events, must be given a chance to manifest, for I have seen and heard some of the best of things result from unusual circumstances, and against the odds.. If I just wantonly slaughtered all who fell afoul of me, I would be cheating Lady Luck, to do her thing. Today was his lucky day! We'll see what happens.." Grimaldi found the group a table, waving Lourdaud over to them.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:52, Sat 23 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 205 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 05:11
The Common Room
Sederic laughed.
"I'll drink to that! Why don't we have some drinks, and share our backgrounds? I'll buy the first round. how about 3-4 drinks, or a pitcher or 2 of wine?"
Grimaldi
 player, 331 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 05:24
The Common Room
00:18, Today: Grimaldi rolled 13 using 3d6.  loner ~ 12 or less to avoid.
I'll pass, on drinks.. I wish to find some more work, as soon as possible, when we're finished here.
Sederic
 player, 206 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 11:17
The Common Room
Sederic blithely replied,
"Aw, come on. Don't be such a wet blanket! We may not have gotten away with as much of a payoff as we could have, but don't take it so serious. come on!"
Grimaldi
 player, 332 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 11:46
The Common Room
Since Grimaldi nearly considered the offer, he acquiesced when Sederic persisted.
"Very well...I don't see why not. Why don't we get a pitcher of decent wine and drink a toast, and have us a few rounds of good ale. None of that gutter swill..."
Grimaldi opened his pack, and produced several pouches.
"I'd almost forgotten about their purses, I took off them. There's silver and copper, and one had a gold piece in his boot!" *OOC:how much exactly is the sum of all those coins? we'll divvy that 4 ways.*
Grimaldi smiled, shaking the nicely jingling clutch of leather pouches in his mailed fist.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:49, Sat 23 Feb.

Narrator
 GM, 5956 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 22:41
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 332):

All told there are 3 silvers ($20) and $34 in copper.
Lourdaud
 NPC, 22 posts
 Brute mercenary
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 22:42
The Common Room
In reply to Narrator (msg # 333):

"Hey I could use a drink."
Grimaldi
 player, 333 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 00:11
The Common Room
OOC: The sum ($194) is divvied 4 ways, yielding another $48.50, apiece. from the gold piece($80),and the silver and copper coins($54)
"Join us, and have some drinks. This endeavor didn't go as lucrative, as we'd hoped. We didn't get to sack the warehouse, and we only got half the pay for our troubles. We did get that bounty, but we had to split half of that, with the guard commander."
Grimaldi slid a stack of eleven coins to Lourdaud. Ten copper farthings, with a smaller, silver penny sitting on top. ($30)
"We talked it over, and we're not going to charge you for a potion, out of your pay, as that would leave you with nothing to live on until your next job. There is a days wages. You can owe me a favor...alright? One day, I'll call on you to help me with another job, or situation where I can use some extra muscle."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:24, Sun 24 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 207 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 07:04
The Common Room
Sederic orders a gallon jug of decent, grape wine. ($9) [the 5 of us can drink 3 good cups, at least]
Narrator
 GM, 5962 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 14:03
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 336):

With that, and $2 (the .$.50 coin doesn't exist, so this makes a split) for bread and cheese to go with the wine, rounds out the meal.
Sederic
 player, 208 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 21:24
The Common Room
When the jug,cups, and baskets of bread and cheese arrive:
"Help yourself, Lourdaud. Why don't you tell us about yourself? I'm Sederic."
The half elf poured himself a cup, broke a small loaf, and started cutting himself a wedge of that cheese.
"I guess we kinda ruined your old gig, maybe killed some of your old friends? It wasn't personal. If it were, you wouldn't be sitting here, now. Hopefully, you won't have any hard feelings towards our group, and you'll find both greater opportunities and greater self respect, working here, than working for that prick, Connard."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:32, Mon 25 Feb.

Lourdaud
 NPC, 23 posts
 Brute mercenary
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 21:21
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 338):

"In our line of work that kind of thing is expected.  I mean, the job makes enemies, and working with Chienne did us no favors. It is hard getting decent work when you wear the brand." He displays the mark of a felon on his right hand.
Grimaldi
 player, 337 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 27 Feb 2019
at 21:56
The Common Room
Grimaldi nodded at the reply.
"How did you come to be branded, in the first place?"
Grimaldi poured himself a cup, and took some food.
Lourdaud
 NPC, 24 posts
 Brute mercenary
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 18:49
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 340):

" About five years ago, a bunch of guys I messed around with were in the Rusty Marlinspike, back when Guillame the Voulge ran the place, and we were drinking, and some sailors were drinking, and we got loud, and they got louder, and I forget who stepped to who first, but it got ugly. Broken glass, broken jaws, furniture flying, and LeFleur came in with a couple of blue cloaks. He was rank and file then, not a boss like now.
We didn't  break it up right away, and one of his guys caught a barstool in the eye. About eight of us got the brand, and two got sold into indentures. Now I can't  buy a house, get a city job, and it is hard to get work. People thought I was a thief, so I bulked up. Now they think I am a killer."

Grimaldi
 player, 338 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 19:59
The Common Room
Grimaldi nods sympathetically.
"Sounds like a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and an overzealous officer, seeking to make a name for himself...I also have no doubts about the corruption within their ranks. After all, we had to bribe them, just to get half of a lawful, posted bounty.."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Thu 28 Feb.

Sederic
 player, 209 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:36
The Common Room
"Even Vilgar wears a brand, so the guild is your best bet. Work up through the ranks, and they have apartments and rooms you can rent. Grimaldi and I stay in the common room, and they feed you twice a day: gruel in the morning, and a stew "of sorts", in the evening. There's a mix here, of all sorts.. I'm sure you can find your niche."
Sederic said, as he ate.
Grimaldi
 player, 339 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:51
The Common Room
"I tell you what, Lourdaud.. We don't cotton to criminals, thugs, and cut-throats.. But, in your circumstances, I can see your limited options. As long as you don't fall in with a bad group here, and go around mugging honest, hard-working, folks..I'll do what I can for you.
If you get in a spot, and are thinking of "going wrong" again, because you're desperate, call on me first. I'll do what I can for you. Don't think of it as charity, but as an act of goodwill, and a desire to help somebody out of a rut."

Sederic
 player, 210 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:57
The Common Room
"That goes for me too. Why don't you tell us what you're good at, and your skill-set."
Lourdaud
 NPC, 25 posts
 Brute mercenary
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 21:02
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 344):

"I appreciate  that. It is kinda hard when you can't get regular work. I am pretty good with a heavy mace, and especially good going for kneecaps. I am not bad in a scrap, or with a knife, and I kinda know who not to mess with, you know?"
Sederic
 player, 211 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 21:07
The Common Room
"Let's drink a toast then! To your future, in the guild!"
Sederic raised his cup, and thrusts it towards the center of the table.
Grimaldi
 player, 340 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 21:09
The Common Room
Grimaldi picks up his cup, and makes the toast, as well.
"To your future in the guild, to fellowship, and fortune! Cheers, my friends."
Lourdaud
 NPC, 26 posts
 Brute mercenary
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 21:27
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 348):

"Thanks to Bacchus and his meeey Maenads for this repast, may he watch over fools and drunkards such as I and good luck to us on the morrow!"
Grimaldi
 player, 341 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 21:54
The Common Room
"Salute!"
Grimaldi drained his cup.
"Vilgar can probably keep you busy with some things, but you might also want to talk to Ashbury. He's setting up a tavern under the city, and they might need a doorman, or a bouncer, down there..."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Fri 01 Mar.

Lourdaud
 NPC, 27 posts
 Brute mercenary
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 22:11
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 350):

"That soubds like good work for me!"
Grimaldi
 player, 342 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 22:35
The Common Room
"I thought you'd like that, idea. It seems right up your alley! We'll show you there, if you wish."
Sederic
 player, 212 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 22:39
The Common Room
"Hey, I almost forgot about that place. We were poking around down there yesterday, on our way to the underground. Good Idea."
Grimaldi
 player, 343 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 01:26
The Common Room
OOC: is Lourdaud a 62 pt, or 125 pt henchman?
20:34, Today: Grimaldi rolled 17 using 3d6.  responsive 14 - 3 = 11 or less (acts as empathy -3 to roll).
Grimaldi crit failed that roll!
"Look, Why don't you take him? I have some business to take to care of. See you around.."
Grimaldi wants to give this guy a break, and is a man of his word, but he probably has a bad feeling about this guy, whether it's true or not. Rather than have him become a liability, falling in with a bad crowd, Grimaldi hopes he can make him quickly part of "guild furniture" so to speak. with a regular, low-casual risk factor job, like freight handling, gardening, masonry, carpentry, or a bouncer/doorman. If he's a roving bravo, he's likely to get into trouble, Grimaldi thinks...
Grimaldi goes shopping for some equipment:
light scale sleeves $75 7.5 lbs

This message was last edited by the player at 03:26, Fri 08 Mar.

Narrator
 GM, 5998 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 15:53
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 354):

Ooc he is a lot stronger looking than your typical guard- he is a brute.
Sederic
 player, 213 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 20:20
The Common Room
Sederic stays and finishes the food and wine with the others, awhile.
To Lourdaud:
"Yeah, let's go introduce you to Ashbury. He could probably use a strong fellow, to help them down there."

To the pair of knights:
"So what are your plans, Sirs?"
James
 player, 37 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 16:52
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 356):

"As Percival said, we may seek something overland where we may fight ogres instead of serving them. No disparagement intended, but we would  prefer something more suited to our status."

Ooc without the player, I would rather you have only one npc
Sederic
 player, 215 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 20:30
The Common Room
The half elf laughed.
"Yes, I understand. Well, it was good working with you, and good luck in your future endeavors, Sirs." Sederic said, as he finished his cup, turning it upside down.
Grimaldi
 player, 345 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 21:04
The Common Room
Grimaldi will go visit Spielgud, and see about learning some new spells!
Ashbury
 player, 52 posts
 Outfitter
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 23:09
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 359):

Sederic and Lourdad find Ashbury on the second level, in his shop.
 "Hello, how may I help you?"


To Grimaldi: we can handle that with a PM and a couple of rolls.
Sederic
 player, 216 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 02:34
The Common Room
"Greetings! I passed by this way the other day, and was wondering if you needed a strong fellow, for various tasks. I'm sederic, and my associate here is Lourdaud. He's new, and so I thought I'd introduce him, and perhaps maybe you can use him down here."
Sederic gestured
"Lourdaud, this is Master Ashbury, our outfitter."
Ashbury
 player, 53 posts
 Outfitter
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 03:51
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 361):

"Hmm, I could use someone to work in my underground project, to keep my nephew Martin safe from the damn orcs Rigo saddled me with as a result of that foolish arrangement he made. Wait a minute... what is that brand from? Did you bring me a thief?"
Sederic
 player, 217 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 04:16
The Common Room
"Not a thief, but a brawler. He, along with about 9 others were branded, and a few were sold into service, about five years ago. After a brawl between some sailors, and he and his local fellows, The law stepped in, and in the midst of it, one of the gendarmes got a bar stool in the eye. Now, he can't buy or a house, or get decent work.. so I was hoping down here, he could get a break..."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:17, Tue 05 Mar.

Ashbury
 player, 54 posts
 Outfitter
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 15:16
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 363):

"That is a different matter. He is quite a brute, and may very well be a suitable counter to the orcs. Give me a scowl, let me see you being fierce, lad. I need to know if you have grit."
Lourdaud
 NPC, 28 posts
 Brute mercenary
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 15:24
The Common Room
In reply to Ashbury (msg # 364):

The former enforcer raies his shoulders, squint his eyes and furls his brows and cracks his tattooed knuckles, and his neck, and gives a convincing thousand yard stare. The merchant is taken aback.
Sederic
 player, 218 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 18:50
The Common Room
The half elf steps back, grinning as he looks on.
"He's tough enough for any humanoid!"
Grimaldi
 player, 346 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 19:02
The Common Room
After shopping for some armor, and learning a new spell, Grimaldi returns to common room, and makes his way up to Ashbury's place on the second floor. "What-Ho!"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Sat 09 Mar.

Ashbury
 player, 55 posts
 Outfitter
Fri 8 Mar 2019
at 21:21
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 367):

"Voorland should be done hanging the sign by this point. Take Lourdad over and give this note to the upstairs bartender, Benoit. The establishment is called The Abattoir, and it is a few blcks off near Little Shevnia, near the slaughterhouse."
Sederic
 player, 219 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 00:23
The Common Room
Sederic takes the note from Ashbury.
"Thank you, Master Ashbury!"
Sederic turned and saw Grimaldi enter the shop.
"Hey Grimaldi, Looks like Lourdaud has some work."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:24, Sat 09 Mar.

Grimaldi
 player, 349 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 00:40
The Common Room
"Forsooth! I thought it might be a good job. Verily, Lourdaud is now more gainfully employed than we, for the moment. Ha ha..."
Grimaldi straightened himself from the wall he'd been leaning on, and beckoned.
"Let's go pay Benoit a visit over at the Abottoir..."
Grimaldi
 player, 479 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 25 Aug 2019
at 17:07
The Common Room
Having "No Hassles", Grimaldi  nodded to Aemon and the Halberdiers, and headed into the guild's common room.
Sederic
 player, 309 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sun 25 Aug 2019
at 20:32
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 371):

As did Sedaric, who had a similar privilege.

"You think he knows something? Usually the guild is a better place to look."
Grimaldi
 player, 481 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 25 Aug 2019
at 20:53
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 372):
Finding a seat at a corner table, Grimaldi responded:
"We'll probably have to plunk down silver, to mention it to the sage.. Ha! Fine, if the reward of the information were our own. I think we should start our own investigation."

Narrator
 GM, 6696 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:37
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 373):

once I get the others there, the new thread is Hunting for a Specialty Shop.
Sederic
 player, 310 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 07:33
The Common Room
In reply to Narrator (msg # 374):

"Investigating new work, or do you have something specific in mind?"

[OOC: Biding time until they do...]
Grimaldi
 player, 483 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 12:55
The Common Room
"Work, but Also what martin had showed us, regarding those strange goblins, and their odd little enclave, down there. And those ancient coins.."
Sederic
 player, 312 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 07:19
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 376):

"Good point. Lets approach a sage about that first. Any idea who to ask?"
Narrator
 GM, 6709 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 01:40
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 377):

The place to check would be The Dismal Tower, where the sages have their offices. It costs a silver for a question without research, three to six silvers for a day's  research.
Sederic
 player, 314 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 07:16
The Common Room
In reply to Narrator (msg # 378):

Ok. Over to hunting for a specialty shop to avoid confusion?