The Common Room.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Sederic
 player, 132 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 27 Jul 2018
at 22:35
The Common Room
Sederic strokes his light beard, and nods to himself. He looks back to Grimaldi and places the coin on the table in a pile in the middle.
"I told Brod we would break something off for him his company,
but they aren't getting a share a piece. 25 a piece should be fair enough. I don't intend to run out on my debts, especially after I've voiced my intention to do so."   

He smirks, obviously not happy about it, but being a man of his word he cannot deny the man and his company their share. He waves Broderick over and hands him the coin, extending a hand after to seal the transaction. He then divides the rest between them and stands, taking Dolphos share to aemon to ensure he recieves it. He then returns and sits back with Grimaldi.
"So, where do we go from here?
O thirst for an actual adventure after that farce we participated in."

Grimaldi
 player, 203 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 00:39
The Common Room
Grimaldi nodded at the decision.
"Fairness and grace. I'll concede to that."
Reaching into his jacket, he deposited the silver coin, and five copper coins into the small pouch, he kept there.
"Looks like some knights have taken up residence here, and are running low on funds themselves." Grimaldi nodded to the pair descending the stairs.
"Looks like our tactician has an interest in them, however. Hehehe..Poor old sods, don't know what they'd be getting into."

Sederic
 player, 133 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 02:11
The Common Room
"Mayhaps they will be more interested in the likes of men like us,
who actually appear to have wet our swords instead of wetting the tip of a quill. I know ice had enough family outings to last a lifetime,"
he laughs, placing the coin in his pouch.
"Would you like a drink, Grim? I could go for a strong one myself."
He waves the serving girl over and orders a round of spiced wine, should Grimaldi wish for one, and sends the two new arrivals a round as well. When the drinks arrive, he raises a glass in their general direction, offering a salutation from across the room. He pays the waitress and nods in thanks as he takes a long drink of his spiced wine.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 15:03, Sat 28 July 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 204 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sat 28 Jul 2018
at 03:26
The Common Room
"Salut!"
Grimaldi raised his glass, and imbibed.
Narrator
 GM, 5360 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 03:48
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 8):

The two impressively dressed individuals do not appear to be clergyfolk.
Madeline
 player, 85 posts
 Barmaid
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 22:56
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 7):

A guildswoman wearing brass knuckles brings you your drinks, and points with her chin toward a large individual with obvious ogrish ancestry.
"Compliments of Vilgar."

This message was last updated by the GM at 22:56, Tue 31 July 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 209 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Sun 29 Jul 2018
at 23:14
The Common Room
Grimaldi raises a brow to Sederic, and then looks across the room and raises his glass and nods. "Vilgar...Most interesting. This could could be a break for us...Let's go see what he wants of us."
Grimaldi stopped his parlor tricks, and headed over towards the ogre-kin.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 23:16, Sun 29 July 2018.

Sederic
 player, 136 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Mon 30 Jul 2018
at 03:02
The Common Room
Sederic collects his drink and gear and heads towards the man with Grimaldi.
"Can't you be quiet for ten seconds, Miekka. I grow tired of your constant bitching. Yes, I'd love to see him dead, but that's a task for another day. "
Percival
 player, 2 posts
Tue 31 Jul 2018
at 23:05
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 12):

Percival the Knight quietly enters the common room. He heads up to the barkeep, buying some ale.
James
 player, 2 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:36
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 13):

"I was wondering about you. These two fellows seem a cut above that lot over there, and I could swear that yon Bhurger wanted our attention. He seems to be a well off sort. I have seen him with some sort of mechanical dwarf. I believe he holds rank in this place."
Percival
 player, 3 posts
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 01:53
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 14):

"I'd be glad to help as best I can. What is it that he needs? Do you know?"
Grimaldi
 player, 210 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 02:06
The Common Room
Grimaldi beckons with his empty hand, to the pair of knights.
22:05, Today: Grimaldi rolled 9 using 3d6.  savoir faire - 16 [a proper and courteous greeting].
"Greetings, Sirs! Won't you join us?"
Sederic
 player, 137 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 1 Aug 2018
at 02:17
The Common Room
Sederic takes the measure of the two knights and smiles warmly, trying to be inviting.
"If it be work you're looking for, why don't you look with us?
We've recently returned from a joke of an adventure, and would like to get a proper one underway as soon as possible."

He pulls the string out of his hair that was holding his hair together and shakes his dreadlocks loose, letting the green hair fall to his shoulders.
He leans his bow and quiver against the wall before.pulling a chair out for himself. He takes a seat after removing his sword belt and wrapping the belt around the scabbards of his sword and knife, which he sets between his legs. He fidgets with the beautiful jewel held in a talon that is the pommel as he inspects their caller.
Vilgar
 NPC, 94 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 00:39
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 17):

The large and toothsome fellow nods to the barmaid/brawler that brought you the drinks.
He turns to you and smiles, and speaks in a deep penetrating bass voice.
"Hello. there. I hear you might want some specific work. I am Vilgar, and I may have something for you." he lowers his voice.
"I had the misfortune a month or so ago, of having my fighting establishment raided. I lost a wonderful venue, but I am working on a couple. In the meantime, a little bird told me who led the guards to raid me.  I am not so foolish as to take retaliatory position against the law, after all, I am a marked man." he displays a brand on the palm of his hand, indicating status as a convicted felon.

"I do however, see the virtue in making an example of snitches.  The target in question has learned that I am aware of him, and has hidden himself away with a gang of toughs, hoping to bluff his way out of my righteous wrath.  This is where you gents may make a difference."
Sederic
 player, 138 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 00:57
The Common Room
Sederic leans back and crosses his arms, a smirk making it's way across his handsome features. He seems to consider what Vilgar told them and nods to himself, interest evident on his face, though he tries not to seem too eager.
"You have my attention,
I've never been a big fan of snitches myself, especially when they're targeting fellow guildsmen. What is it you wish to happen to this snake?"
he says, making sure to keep his voice low.
He takes another drink and sets the empty cup in front of him, upside down.
Grimaldi
 player, 211 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Fri 3 Aug 2018
at 10:25
The Common Room
06:20, Today: Grimaldi rolled 11 using 3d6.  Will - intolertant: blackguards and scum 12 or less to succeed.
Grimaldi coolly regarded the ogre-kin's branded, hamfist. He knew well enough that the guild contained all manner of blackguards and common scum, but he was willing to hear Vilgar out.
"Do tell us more.."
06:37, Today: Grimaldi rolled 15 using 3d6.  Heraldry - 13.
Grimaldi didn't recognize the knight's coats of arms...He wondered if they would join he and Sederic, now that they were in the company of the hulking Vilgar. Grimaldi masked his ponderings with his wineglass.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:10, Fri 03 Aug 2018.

James
 player, 3 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 03:44
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 20):
The first of the two knights seems both fascinated and repelled by Vilgar, yet intrigued by his proposition.
"A dishonorable individual in deed. We must make a formal declaration to fight him or his champion on your behalf, and failing that, cut our way through such varlets as would take up the cause of such a blackguard and deliver him to justice, or at least to face you openly, that you may find satisfaction in the arena of honor.
Percival, what say you to this expedition? It sounds to be sporting work, and I know our coffers are a tad diminished of late. Shall we deliver the informant to the.. man he has wronged?"

Percival
 player, 4 posts
Sun 5 Aug 2018
at 23:12
The Common Room
In reply to James (msg # 21):

"I would be glad to, James. Hopefully, his champion or he won't be able to fight well so we can try to negotiate something."
Grimaldi
 player, 213 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 14:46
The Common Room
Grimaldi finished his wine, setting his glass aside and spoke to Percival:
"I'd imagine there will be no such negotiating, because nothing short of revenge will suffice. This is a desperado, to be sure..."
Percival
 player, 5 posts
Mon 6 Aug 2018
at 17:54
The Common Room
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 23):

"That is certainly true. I will go on this quest."
Vilgar
 NPC, 95 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:30
The Common Room
In reply to Percival (msg # 24):

The ogrekin, while uncooth and actually a criminal, actually holds 3 levels of rank in the guild, which makes him a legitimate quest giver by your code of honor.

He smiles toothily, and unfolds a rough map.

"The area I surmise my foe to be in is near the northwestern edge of the artisinal district. Normally that is under the jurisdiction of Raquizell and Fezokeel's domain, as most of the artisans are goblins, but I hear it through Lepkur that this lowlife is definately not under the goblin boss's protection. This means you can act freely. If he ends up dying, that would be unfortunate, and it would be important for you to bring me any papers in his possession, as I need to know what else he is up to... preferably I would be able to inquire directly of him, at my leisure, but, hey, things happen. And if they happen, I would need his head intact so that I can tell it is him, and all of his papers, particularly  a ledger if he has one. The rest of his goods, and those of his allies are yours for the taking, and I will pay the standard daily rate of $120 per man per day, but I expect this to be done in only a day or two, don't  drag it out unnecessarily.  An extra thousand is in it if he gets to me alive, and I will give you the location where, and just five hundred for his head."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:35, Wed 08 Aug 2018.

Grimaldi
 player, 214 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Tue 7 Aug 2018
at 01:53
The Common Room
"I'm all in." Grimaldi said eagerly.
"We should definitely prepare to take a prisoner, gentlemen. $1,000 is too good to get careless."
Sederic
 player, 139 posts
 half elven
 sword mage
Wed 8 Aug 2018
at 04:16
The Common Room
"And I as well. We would.probably wrap it up in a day at most. I try to handle these things quickly, lest more trouble arise. So when do we start?
he asks as he lifts his sheath and unwraps the belt from the blades. He stands and fastens the clasp, spinning at the waist left and right to ensure that he has decent range of motion.
Vilgar
 NPC, 96 posts
 fight organizer
 for disorganized fighters
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 16:35
The Common Room
In reply to Sederic (msg # 27):
"I am not sure just how many retainers he has, last count I had was six. His name is  Connard du Menteur."
Grimaldi
 player, 215 posts
 Aralaise adventurer
 swordsman and wizard
Thu 9 Aug 2018
at 22:39
The Common Room
18:37, Today: Grimaldi rolled 8 using 3d6.  area knowledge [northport] 14.
Grimaldi has heard the name before...