The road to Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 5708 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 02:22
The road to Veroigne
The company includes:
Kirpich - Earth Cleric
Sylvanus - Wood Elf Archer
Aethul - Shevnian Ranger
Balir - Dwarf Warrior
Dionysus - Swordsfaun
Marlena - human wizard
Snorri - Human warrior

Time to kit out and prep!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 809 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 04:21
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 1):

"Ready to go here. Equal shares for all, including goods taken or used? Only loot used by all, a general consensus of 4 or more needed to be considered used by all, not included as loot to be distributed?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 14 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 18:18
The road to Veroigne
"Ready to go, Kirpich.  Me axe is sharp, and ve should have much success."

As he waits for the rest of the group to be ready, Balir will sharpen his axe with his whetstone.

...sheeeeet....sheeeeet...
Syvanus
 player, 849 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 19:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 2):

I am unclear as to your terms, everything is in the groups pot until we distribute it evenly at the end. If we must use something found, it still belongs to the group. If using it causes it to lose value or disappear, then a majority will decide if we use it.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 15 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 20:35
The road to Veroigne
Balir listens to the discussion, adds "I accept that arrangement.  I vould be happy to help carry ze gold until ve can divide it up"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 811 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 22:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 4):

"That is pretty much it."
Syvanus
 player, 850 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Wed 12 Dec 2018
at 23:13
The road to Veroigne
Very well, then I agree... does anyone have a different view?
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 6 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 22:00
The road to Veroigne
"Sounds like an excellent arrangement."(Bouncing excitedly from one hoof to the other.)

"I shall gather up my gear. Meet back here with our gear? How far is this town?"

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 813 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 22:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 8):

"Yes, lets meet back here in an hour...that enough time for all? Oren, do we need a map?"
Syvanus
 player, 851 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 22:34
The road to Veroigne
Let's allow a bit more for those going to purchase things...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 16 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 22:49
The road to Veroigne
"As I am new to this town, I have not yet arranged for formal lodgings.  All of my items are vith me.  If ve have items that need to be purchased, I can accompany you.  However, iv you are going to your lodging to gather your equipment, I vill vait in a local tavern until you are ready to proceed."
Syvanus
 player, 852 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 22:52
The road to Veroigne
Best to wait here, safer and easier to find everyone.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 814 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 13 Dec 2018
at 23:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 12):

"I have just gotten back from a trip and finished shopping, so I am good to go...we can wait here together, Balir."
Aethul
 player, 9 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 00:01
The road to Veroigne
I have a small task to accomplish, with a bit of luck, it should take no longer than an hour ...
Oren
 player, 907 posts
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 00:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 14):

"I can get you a rough local map for $50, I might be imprecise about that castle though.  I can heartily recommend some redundancy in terms of gear; two mules minimum, maybe even a small donkey or hand cart. And bring some food, unless you want another angry plant to fight with."






A two-wheeled handcart with spoked and iron-banded wheels. Holds 500 lbs. Can be pulled by hand or yoked to someone. Divide effective weight of load by 10. $100, 60 lbs.

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:27, Fri 14 Dec 2018.

Aethul
 player, 10 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 03:13
The road to Veroigne
A small mule can pull the hand cart easily and is cheaper than two animals of any sort.

Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 7 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 04:04
The road to Veroigne
"Right then, back here in an hour. I have a weeks worth of travel rations, hopefully that will be sufficient for now."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 17 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 04:08
The road to Veroigne
"Do ve need a veek, you think?  I only have 4 days vith me.  Vhat do you think ve should bring?"
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 111 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 14 Dec 2018
at 18:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 18):

"Last time we went out, the mule got crushed by an earth giant, and we lost our food and many supplies. I am bringing  extra clotnes, and some spare gear, along with group basics and two weeks food."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 18 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 01:14
The road to Veroigne
"Giants?  I vill be happy to meet one.  Let me collect a few more rations and come back."

OOC Balir will go collect a week of normal rations and then return.  Backpack should have enough room for them.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 815 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 04:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 20):

My friend Chunky could pull a handcart, but I do not have any change left over.
Syvanus
 player, 853 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Sat 15 Dec 2018
at 22:11
The road to Veroigne
I have sufficient for the Handcart if Chunky can do that.
chunky
 player, 6 posts
 small elemental
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 20:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 22):

"no pull."
Syvanus
 player, 854 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 21:30
The road to Veroigne
So we are back to how we pull the Cart...  a small mule is $1000.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 816 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 16 Dec 2018
at 22:49
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 24):

"I have plenty of cash for mules and carts, but we need someone with animal handling or teamster skill to control them, especially if combat starts. Given it costs $5365 which I can cover out of my own pocket, and these are pretty much exclusively group items, should I get paid back at the end before loot is distributed? After all, I can provide my own food and water. It should be noted there are no fodder for the mules."

Suggested shopping list:

Large Mule                           $2,000
Move 9 (6)
BL 96 lbs
Weight: 181#
Encumbrance: Light

    Horseshoes.  TL3.                    $50       4#.  Gives horse +2 HT rolls for stamina on long rides.
    Saddlebags.  TL1.                    $100      3#   Holds 40#
    Halter       TL1.                    $5,       1.5# Gives +1 Animal Handling for Tying up/Leading a horse, replaces bridle

    20 gal waterproof barrels x 2,       $220      22# (160# Water 32#/160)
    Rations x60,                         $160      30#

Total: Mule 1: $2535


Large Mule                           $2,000         BL 96 lbs
Move 9 (7)
BL 96 lbs
Weight: 151
Encumbrance: Light

    Horseshoes.  TL3.                    $50       4#.  Gives horse +2 HT rolls for stamina on long rides.
    Saddlebags.  TL1.                    $100      3#   Holds 40#
    Halter       TL1.                    $5,       1.5# Gives +1 Animal Handling for Tying up/Leading a horse, replaces bridle

    Legionnaires Tent,                   $225,     45#
    Sleeping Mats x2,                    $40,      8#
    Sleeping Fur, x2,                    $100,     16#
    Crash Kit,                           $200,     10#
    Rope, 3/8, 200 yards,                $100,     30#
    First Aid Kit                      From Chunky 2#
    Bandages                           From Chunky 2#
    Group Basics                       From Chunky 20#
    Cord 50', holds 90 lbs               $5        2.5#
    Whetstone                            $5        1#

Total Mule 2: $2830
Syvanus
 player, 855 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 02:02
The road to Veroigne
Very generous of you but unnecessarily costly my friend. We can buy the cart for $100 and a small mule to pull it for $1,000, it should easily handle the water, although one barrel plus our individual  Water skins should be plenty. The rest can easily be carried along with some oats... fodder is not needed as the animal can graze the plentiful grass.  We should buy the mule with shoes and a halter, since an unused mule is likely untrained.
Aethul
 player, 11 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 02:03
The road to Veroigne
And I can lead the mule and control it I think... shouldn't be too difficult.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 817 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 02:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 27):

"The problem with wagons is mud, and there was talk of a swamp, hence two mules is an advantage..."
Syvanus
 player, 856 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 03:11
The road to Veroigne
But do we have to traverse the swamp to get there? I didn't get that understanding...perhaps we should ask Oren ... let me see if he is still around.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 818 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 03:52
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 29):

"If not, a pair of oxen and an Oxcart for $3340, plus outfitting, would be better, as it can carry 1200 lbs, but it needs the Teamster skill to drive it. A wagon with 2 draft horses would cost $4790, including horseshoes and halters for both, and be only able to carry 1000 lbs. A war wagon would be a substantial improvement, but needing 4 draft horses would bring the cost to $10,000, beyond even my budget. However, with a capacity of 4,000 lbs and protection for archers, it may be worthwhile. But once again, we need a good teamster to drive it! A large mule can carry up to 288 lbs before it is heavily encumbered."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 20 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 15:52
The road to Veroigne
"I hav just arrived, and have not not earned any vage yet.  I do not have that money to spend, but I could contribute some.  If ve all agree, and only then."
Syvanus
 player, 857 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 17 Dec 2018
at 20:35
The road to Veroigne
Why do we need so much ? we aren't carrying anything  that heavy and i can't imagine finding that much.

Syvanus heads off to ask Oren about the swamp.
Narrator
 GM, 5736 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 00:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 30):

A sturdy mule and a handcart that could be yoked to it (and carry 500 lbs) might do.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 819 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 18 Dec 2018
at 06:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 33):

Are there swamps that need to be traversed, or is it all along roads?
Oren
 player, 908 posts
Mon 24 Dec 2018
at 21:02
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 32):

The fields that are frequently flooded for the rice crop have raised roads between them, but there was a terrible stirge problem. I remember a group of pallid men that would hire out themselves to stand in the paddies to be bitten, because all but the largest strix would die after biting them.  Someone told me that they had always been in the area, but had long been persecuted until that became the crop. I hear they used to plant faro before that, but there had been a blight, followed by floods and then there was an influx of peasants from Sahud who introduced their style of farming. Veroigne is a major source of rice, I hated loading it because it weighed more than potatoes or flax seed."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 820 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 24 Dec 2018
at 21:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Oren (msg # 35):

"Stirges. Great. So the roads are ok for wagons then?"
Oren
 player, 909 posts
Tue 25 Dec 2018
at 16:45
The road to Veroigne
my family travelled by ox cart. That fit just fine on the roads, provided they were maintained. It has been a long time since I was down that way, though."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 821 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 26 Dec 2018
at 00:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Oren (msg # 37):

"So they may not be passable..."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 822 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 27 Dec 2018
at 02:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 38):

"A wagon sounds like the go, but I do need to confirm I have someone with the Teamster skill, not just animal handling.

On second thoughts, I already have a saddle horse. That should be enough...the saddle horse will not be troubled so much by an impassable road if something has changed.
"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:48, Thu 27 Dec 2018.

Narrator
 GM, 5751 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 Dec 2018
at 20:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 39):

If you are careful about how the horse and handcart (if getting one) are loaded, you can get moving before noon.

Present are: Marlena, Snorri, Kirpich and chunky, Syvanus, Aethul and Balir, and Dionysus.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 823 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 01:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 40):

Horse is loaded as per character sheet. Kirpich is ready to go when that is done...
Syvanus
 player, 859 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 02:40
The road to Veroigne
Syvanus sees to getting the hand cart and a mule that has done wagon hauling before. He put's his heavy stuff on the cart and acquires sufficient rations to last him 3 weeks.  He then meets the group back at the Guild and sees to their gear being loaded carefully as well.
Aethul
 player, 12 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 02:43
The road to Veroigne
Aethul takes charge of the mule and cart... he rubs the animal down and quickly establishes a rapport with it.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 824 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 05:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 41):

"Just so that you know, I have group basics, a Legionnaires tent for 12, 60 rations and a cask of water. In addition, with Groms blessing, I can keep refilling the 6 gal water cask and can create food. Please pack accordingly, and when you are done, we can be off."
Aethul
 player, 13 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 28 Dec 2018
at 18:53
The road to Veroigne
The tent will be welcome should it rain, otherwise it may be simpler to just sleep under the stars and certainly less conspicuous.
Narrator
 GM, 5756 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 16:03
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 45):

With the mule, cart, horse and gear you head out through the south west gate that exits from the temple district. Kirpich notes that a number of small stalls have opeed near the gate where vendors, some of them Sahudese or other westerners are selling small brass idols and brightly colored parchment wall hangings and insence,along with the more typical dove and prayer bead sellers.  An acolyte of Grom sells devotional images minimally carved from twisted roots and roughly shapped terra cotta.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 825 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 29 Dec 2018
at 21:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 46):

Kirpich will speak to the Acolyte to encourage him.
Huvald
 NPC, 1 post
 Acolyte of Grome
Sun 30 Dec 2018
at 20:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 47):

The acolyte, a dwarf, appreciates the encouragement.

Snorri, a good hand with the last mule, leads the new one. His newer, heavier armor looks good on him.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:44, Sun 30 Dec 2018.

Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 8 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 20:10
The road to Veroigne
Dionysus loads his backpack onto the cart keeping his swords, potion belt, and bandoleer; all  worn over his armor.

"A fine day to be on the road indeed" comments Dionysus as he prances along the road.
Aethul
 player, 14 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 1 Jan 2019
at 21:37
The road to Veroigne
Aye, seems a good day
Balir Ironhide
 player, 25 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 20:32
The road to Veroigne
Balir walks along quietly beside the hand cart.  Northport was a new town to him, so he wanted to pay attention to the interactions of the people.  It was important for him to learn how the humans did things.  He didn't understand it well after spending much of his time around Dwarves.

As he walked along, Balir surely drew a few looks from the people on the road.  He was tall and wide for a Dwarf, and his heavy mail armor shined in the sun.  While his backpack was neatly stowed on the hand cart, his weapons were not.  On his left arm hung a large oaken shield covered with Dwarven runes.  On the right side of his belt hung a shining axe, which was covered with more runes - Earthwarden, The Dwarven Defender.

As they passed the acolyte of Grom, Balir took a moment to speak to him in Dwarvish.
"Hold your chin up, acolyte.  Grom shines upon thee."


OOC Others will notice that Balir moves quite well for a Dwarf, especially considering the tremendous load he's carrying.  He's not fast, but he can keep up with an average human.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:35, Wed 02 Jan 2019.

Huvald
 NPC, 2 posts
 Acolyte of Grome
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 22:41
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 51):

"And on Thee. Fare thee well, and watch for the slyness of the elves" replies the Acolyte in Dwarven. He looks appreciatively at the small elemental accompanying  Kirpich.


Aethul senses clear skies ahead, at least for a few days.

Once out the gate, you can see the fields of grain separated into patchwork by hedgerows and low stone walls. The road itself is an old iter, with six sided paving stones. This close to the city the brush is cleared for a few yards to either side, and no weeds grow between the stones.  The road continues out of sight in a distant stand of trees to the far south,  and to the southwest you can see more fields, and the begining of a large forrest.
To the west are rolling hills, much of which have been made into a vineyard. To the northwest, the hills rise into a mountain range that is visible on the western horizon as well.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 28 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 2 Jan 2019
at 23:44
The road to Veroigne
As the group hikes along, Balir finds he needs some conversation to pass the time.  By itself, walking was boring.  He was excited for the job, and interested in learning about the people traveling with him.  At first he takes an interest in Dionysus, since he isn't too experienced with Fauns.  If he'll tolerate some questions, Balir will try to get to know him some.

"So, vere are you from?  I don't know anything about ze Fauns."
"How did you come to live among ze humans?"
"Do they treat you equally, or do you experience a subtle inequality?"
"How have your interactions been with ze local elf population?"
"How about ze dwarves?"


If things don't go well, he'll move on to ask Kirpich a bunch of similar questions, and so on.

OOC Not sure he'll talk too much to Sylvanus besides the required pleasantries.  Elves are not to be trusted, too much unfortunate history.  :)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:03, Thu 03 Jan 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 5772 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 18:40
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 53):

The road carries on for quite a bit....
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 828 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 3 Jan 2019
at 21:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 54):

Kirpich is friendly enough. When it comes time for him to answer questions, as it surely will, he describes how he was born to a simple farmer, but when a drought came, his parents moved to a dwarven monastery of Grom. Well, his mother did, his father was killed by a necromancer's minions defending them on the road.

Raised in the monastery, he became a priest of Grom, and gladly accepted a request to take the message of Grom to the residents of Northport when the opportunity came, as his being human was considered more accepted by the largely human population of the city.

He also describes how Sylvanus and the others who were with him defeated a lich, and destroyed a rod of elemental control on the last mission.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 93 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 00:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 55):

: That were a hard fight.  The damned thing had barrow wights that we could not harm, an there were these worm things that stank of death..."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 829 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 02:02
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 56):

"Well, they could be harmed, but only by magic weapons. The killed an elemental...they deserved their destruction well."
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 9 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 04:52
The road to Veroigne
"Sounds like a valiant battle. Magic weapons? Oh, enchanted blades. I would like to acquire such someday. Not that Vivamus and Colada are not fine blades."

<teasing>"Ah Balir such a talkative fellow you are. Are not dwarves serious folk of few words? So say the humans, though in truth you are the first dwarf I have had converse with."

"Such a different upbringing we have. I come from the Forest, Kirpich from a farm, and you from a stone hall."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 30 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 19:31
The road to Veroigne
Balir nods seriously in response to Dionysus' comments.
"Yes, it iz true.  I know not ze ways of Men.  But it waz time for me to leave, and make my own way.  I have much interest in ze world outside my underground home.  Zat is why I asked.  We are very different, and ze differences are interesting.  Ve are...building bridges, yes?"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:07, Wed 09 Jan 2019.

Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 94 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Tue 8 Jan 2019
at 23:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 59):

"And leaving a trail of dead bandits and necromancers behind us as we do."
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 10 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 01:51
The road to Veroigne
"Different yes but I too wished, how did you put it, 'make my own way and have much interest in ze world'".
Narrator
 GM, 5791 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 01:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 61):

The road ahead stretches on, and ahead you see a number of robed persons, a few with staves, walking toward the city from up the road.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 830 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 02:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 62):

"Robes. What are they hiding, if anything? Careful now..." Kirpich says as they approach.

As they get closer (ie 20-30 yards away), he calls out

"Greetings fellow travelers. Where are we heading today?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:31, Wed 09 Jan 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 31 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 9 Jan 2019
at 16:18
The road to Veroigne
Balir found it odd for Kirpich to call out to the travelers ahead of them on the road.  They didn't seem to be dangerous that he saw, but he wasn't well versed on the ways of humans either.  It was simply a different world, which was the whole point of him being here in the first place.  He couldn't relate to the other races (even the Elves...) if he didn't spend time among them.  Eventually he would need to navigate social situations like this.

Since Kirpich had already spoken with the strangers, Balir decided to follow his lead.  He subtly checked on his axe and 2 throwing axes, and took his shield off of his back where he was carrying it.  While he didn't expect any trouble, he wanted to be ready just in case the humans were hostile.

As he prepared his shield, Balir had a small chuckle to himself at how different things were for the humans.  If the traveling party had been Dwarves, the whole group would probably be sharing an ale or mead by now.
cultist
 NPC, 36 posts
 deluded soul
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 17:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 64):

The dozen or so persons in the group of pilgrims pause. One in front lower his hood.
"Hail fellow travelers. Is this the road to Northport? We seek to vsit a shrine there."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:08, Tue 15 Jan 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 831 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 14 Jan 2019
at 23:31
The road to Veroigne
In reply to cultist (msg # 65):

"It is indeed. Which shrine do you intend to visit there? Which gods should I thank for our meeting?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 32 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 00:18
The road to Veroigne
Balir stands quietly next to Kirpich and listens.  He wants to learn as much as he can about the human culture, so he pays attention but says nothing.  It was nice to take a break from their long walk.  Balir could handle the load just fine, but his armor and shield got heavy after a hike.  It was nice to plant the point of his tower shield on the ground so he didn't have to carry it for a minute.  Absently, he rubs his braided beard with his right hand, since his left is holding his shield.
Syvanus
 player, 860 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 02:39
The road to Veroigne
Syvanus thinks something is odd, he looks closely at their dress.
cultist
 NPC, 37 posts
 deluded soul
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 16:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 66):

"Vejovis, protector of the unjustly persecuted, master of volcanoes, marshes and healing."

He displays a carved and painted wooden amulet, depicting a laurel crowned youth holding arrows and leading a goat.




OCC: make a theology roll, at -2

This message was last edited by the player at 16:14, Tue 15 Jan 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 832 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 15 Jan 2019
at 22:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to cultist (msg # 69):

Kirpich considers his response...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 33 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 16 Jan 2019
at 23:05
The road to Veroigne
Balir would expect to know something about this cult, given the nature of dwarves and their affinity of mountains.  It's not something he has heard recently, however, so he ponders for a moment, absently stroking his beard as he does so.
Narrator
 GM, 5810 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 15:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 71):

Worship of Vejovis is uncommon, but the rather small shrine is not far from the temple of Grome. While Grome's place of worship is a rocky outcroping with a ring of oak trees and flint menhirs, Vejovis shrine is built of black basalt, which is not native to this area, and often surrounded by goats. It has some underground rooms, and is a place of refuge for the persecuted.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 36 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 17:41
The road to Veroigne
It takes Balir a few minutes to remember where he had heard the name Vejovis before, but it finally comes to him.

"Don't you have a shrine of basalt not far from the Temple of Grome?  I recall hearing of one.  Do you hail from there, or from another shrine?

Visiting a shrine here in Northport would seem to put you out of your element.  Is there even a shrine to Vejovis in Northport?"


While the movements of religious sects was fairly alien to Balir, it seems odd that a sect of this nature might have a shrine in a city this large.
Narrator
 GM, 5813 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Jan 2019
at 19:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 73):

Those shrines are on temple hill in Northport. Worship of Vejovis is more commonly found far to the southeast, near the sea.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 833 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 20 Jan 2019
at 07:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 74):

What does irpich know of the god and his worshippers?
Narrator
 GM, 5820 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 16:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 75):

There are often fugitives and refugees amog the worshipers, and they all seem interested in justice. They often show up at trials and make noise about innocent people being charged, even paying for compell truth to be cast, and are known to sacrifice goats by burial.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 834 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 18:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 76):

"Sirs, have you come across any refugees in the area we are heading?" He describes the geographical location where they are going...

Kirpich will relate the information about the religion to his group once the others have departed.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 39 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 21:14
The road to Veroigne
As Kirpich describes where they are going, Balir pays close attention.  He isn't suspicious of the cultists so much, although he's still on guard.  What's more important to him is knowing where they were going, since he was new to the area.  He makes a mental picture of their path in his mind, to try and help him remember the lands surrounding Northport.
Aethul
 player, 15 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 22:28
The road to Veroigne
Aethul stands back and observes closely, looking for the obscene cross with the curved bottom, used by Saturnites...
cultist
 NPC, 38 posts
 deluded soul
Tue 22 Jan 2019
at 23:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 79):

None of this group seem to bear that marking.
The spokesman eyes Kirpich with some suspicion.
"We may have encountered a few persons seeking to mark a year and a day out of unjust servitude. We hope we shall not find persecution in Northport. Are they welcoming of such persons there, or do they compell servitude?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:45, Thu 24 Jan 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 835 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 23 Jan 2019
at 01:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to cultist (msg # 80):

"I have not experienced such persecution there, except for criminals."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 95 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 14:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 81):

"They do. The priests of Hades compell inentured servitude from those as cannot prove employment. Your best bet if not given a token at the shrine would be to join the Adventurers Guild, although it costs a bit."
cultist
 NPC, 39 posts
 deluded soul
Thu 24 Jan 2019
at 14:51
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 82):

"That is unfortunate, but useful to know. May Vejovis peace be with you."
Narrator
 GM, 5841 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 16:01
The road to Veroigne
In reply to cultist (msg # 83):

The pilgrims all head up the road, towards the shrine in Northport, and possible indentured servitude.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 40 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 16:55
The road to Veroigne
With the few minutes of respite complete, Balir takes off his shield and straps it on his back again.  They had a long walk ahead of them, and it made no sense for him to carry his shield free if he didn't need it.

As he rearranges things, Balir takes out his whetstone so he can sharpen his axe a moment, until the rest of the group is ready to proceed.

shhhhht...   shhhhht...    shhhhht...
Narrator
 GM, 5845 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 17:04
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 85):

The rest of the day passes without incident. You prepare to set up camp.

Survival rolls please to set quality of campsite
Syvanus
 player, 861 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 18:14
The road to Veroigne
Syvanus indicates a decent looking spot a short ways off the trail.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 836 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 19:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 87):

Kirpich creates some food out of grasses and waits to be directed by the others for a spot to rest.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 41 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 22:26
The road to Veroigne
Balir doesn't yet have very many skills for traveling on the surface.  He'll take on the role of security while the rest of the group goes about their important business.  He'll observe them to see what he can learn, but if there's any hint of danger he'll strap on his shield and be ready to defend the group.
Narrator
 GM, 5846 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 20:45
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 89):

The camp is comfortable and near a water source, to which Snorri leads the mule, but it is fairly easy to see from the road where it sits in an abandoned field.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 837 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 01:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 90):

Once the location is identified, Kirpich makes himself comfortable there. He shapes the earth to offer more concealment, and then rests to recover his strength.
Narrator
 GM, 5851 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 14:47
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 91):

Kirpich raises a berm which obstructs the view from the road.

The tent is assembled, and food prepared.

Who takes watch?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 838 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:11
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 92):

Kirpich, having expended much energy in constructing the berm and providing much food, asks to rest first and take a last watch.
Aethul
 player, 16 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:12
The road to Veroigne
I'll take second watch
Syvanus
 player, 862 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:12
The road to Veroigne
I will take the last watch...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 42 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:55
The road to Veroigne
Balir will volunteer to take the first watch.
Syvanus
 player, 863 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 01:09
The road to Veroigne
If you don't mind, your excellent night vision would be better used in the dark periods.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 43 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 01:21
The road to Veroigne
Balir is surprised to hear the elf address him directly.  He had done his best to ignore the presence of the sylvan one for most of the trip.  It wasn't anything personal, just that he was an elf.  Still, Balir did see the sense in what the elf was recommending.  As he was the new person in the group, he acquiesced (a bit gruffly).  "Fine, I'll take the middle watch."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 839 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 01:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 98):

"Since I am exhausted from casting spells, Syvanus, would you be so kind as to take the first watch for me? I am concerned I may not be my most observant if I have to."
Syvanus
 player, 864 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 03:50
The road to Veroigne
Certainly, but someone will need to take the last watch, one that is often most important....
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 840 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 04:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 100):

"I have twice volunteered for that. I will have my heaviset friend with me as well, as will you all, since he never sleeps."
Syvanus
 player, 865 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 20:43
The road to Veroigne
Very well, I shall do the first and you have the Last Kirpich.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 841 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 03:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 102):

"Thank you. Now I think we are sorted out..."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 96 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 16:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 103):

"I will take the last as well."
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 11 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 02:52
The road to Veroigne
"Looks like I will take middle watch then. Who else is with me?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 842 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 03:02
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 105):

"Chunky does not sleep, and can accompany everyone."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 45 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 18:10
The road to Veroigne
"I do not think there is any need Dionysus.  Kirpich seems to feel like one person will be enough."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 843 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 19:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 107):

"Not that I know anything special, but do we have enough members for more? Chunky can always assist as well."
Narrator
 GM, 5873 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 108):

The watches proceed, with each person accompanied by the fairly oblivious elemental.

On the second watch, Dionysus hears something by the stream.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 46 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:56
The road to Veroigne
Dwarves are not generally known for their sensitivity.  In fact, they are most likely loud and boistrous in part because they don't hear well.  Anyone who spends much time in a forge is bound to have ringing in their ears for days afterwards.  The sound of hammers pounding metal can leave it's mark over time.

While that stereotype may not be true for all dwarves, it happens to be true at least in part for Balir.  Between his many days in a forge, and the soft jingling of his heavy mail as he walks patrol, he hears nothing...
Narrator
 GM, 5881 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 19:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 110):

Dionysus can however hear something...
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 12 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 14:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 111):

"Hsst Balir, there is something down by the stream!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 49 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 15:34
The road to Veroigne
When Balir hears Dionysus, he responds immediately with "I vill go look", and focuses his attention on being quiet.  Balir will approach the location Dionysus indicated quietly and slowly, putting himself between it and the party if possible.
Jelak
 NPC, 1 post
 Grimalkin
Fri 15 Feb 2019
at 21:51
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 113):

By the stream, Balir spots a small catfolk person perched on a mossy rock andfishing with a pole. It turns toward you unsuprised and holds a finger over its lips.

"shhh. Don't scare off the fish."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 52 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 00:10
The road to Veroigne
Balir approaches slowly, and quietly if possible, until he gets to what seems like a polite but safe distance.  Dropping to one knee, Balir will straighten his arm so the shield allows for him to see the catfolk in the eye, and then ask quietly "My name is Balir, but I am not much of a fisherman.  Are they biting?"

After a moment, he will continue "And, what brings you out this far from town?  My group is passing through.  Since you're here, we're wondering if there is any dangers in this area we should avoid?"
Jelak
 NPC, 2 posts
 Grimalkin
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 21:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 115):

"I am not certain this is the best spot, but it was too loud by my camp... one of my companions fancies himself a musician."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 53 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 22:33
The road to Veroigne
Well,’perhaps we could discuss it when you are done fishing? And I’m curious what brings you out this far.
Jelak
 NPC, 4 posts
 Grimalkin
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 117):

"There is a little glen,
 full of little dancing men.
There the moonlight shines on those
Who come from beneath the hill.
When comes the dawn, as ever it will
Behind are seen only toadstool rings
Which open again for vagabonds and kings"



The cat pauses in its recitation, as something begins to tug on its line.
Deftly, it flicks its rod, and draws a small fish out of the water.

"I would invite you to join me, but there is barely enough for me."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 55 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 04:31
The road to Veroigne
“Thank you kind sir. I vill take your leave and return to my group.  Luck.”

Balir will return to watch and share what he has heard with his fellow watch mate, and then with the next watch.
Narrator
 GM, 5924 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 17:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 119):

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, but during breakfast, you hear a distant musical sound, some type of woodwind.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 56 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 18:53
The road to Veroigne
If not already done, Balir will recite the poem he heard back to the group during breakfast.  When he hears the woodwind playing, he'll take note.  However, that wouldn't occur to him to be threatening, so he won't put his shield on his arm or anything.  Instead, he'll ask "What do ve make ov that?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 846 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 121):

"Where did you hear that poem?" Kirpich asked, surprised.

When he heard the woodwinds, he looked around, concerned.

"Did we have guests during the night you did not bother to wake us to meet?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 57 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:28
The road to Veroigne
Balir will shrug and respond to Kirpich.  "During ze night I heard a cat person.  Maybe ve vould call him a Grimalkin?  He vas fishing, and told me that ven I spoke vith him."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:28, Wed 20 Feb 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 847 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 123):

"It never occurred to you it was a distraction? Was someone else awake and on watch while you were chatting with your kitty friend, or was his friend robbing the rest of us blind?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 58 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:33
The road to Veroigne
Balir opens his hands, palm up, as a way to express a question or uncertainty.  "Dionysus vas here in camp vile I vent to investigate, you should have been safe."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Wed 20 Feb 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 848 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:58
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 125):

"Ah, good. So you did leave a sentry. Just was concerned..."
Narrator
 GM, 5931 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 20:42
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 126):

The wierd music seems a little louder. It seems to have a nice danceable beat to it.




This is the same tune on harpsichord
https://youtu.be/OnrICy3Bc2U
Syvanus
 player, 866 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 21:58
The road to Veroigne
This seems odd and out of place; therefore not likely a good thing I fear... we need to be gone.

Syvanus packs his gear and urges others to do the same...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 849 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 22:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 128):

"I agree. And they know we are here."

Kirpich packs up all he can, and is ready to go very soon.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 59 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 22:55
The road to Veroigne
Balir listens to the others, and purses his lips as he thinks for a moment.

"You assume hostile intent.  Zere may be none.  I agree ve should prepare, but ve should not act on zat assumption.  Zey vould not play music if zey vere going to attack us, would zey?"

Like the others, Balir will finish up his dwarven rations as he packs up his equipment.
Aethul
 player, 17 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 02:26
The road to Veroigne
Music can have magical effects, not necessarily good ones... caution is called for.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 850 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 04:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 131):

"Or it can be a simple distraction. Either way, anything out of place is not necessarily benign."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 60 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 05:09
The road to Veroigne
Balir continues to get packed up, making sure to keep his shield handy in case he needs to strap it on urgently. “You know better zan me..I vill follow your lead.”
Syvanus
 player, 867 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 21 Feb 2019
at 16:51
The road to Veroigne
We all pack and head out on the road then.
Narrator
 GM, 5940 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 01:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 134):

as you break camp, and start to head for the road, you can hear a few voices, in additon to the music playing.  One voice Balir recognizes, but the other two he does not. The second voice is low and gravelly, the the third is a  higher and melodious.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 851 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 01:40
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 135):

Can we make out what is being said or sung?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 61 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 16:42
The road to Veroigne
Balir's face contorts into something of a confused look.  "I...recognize one of ze voices...?"

He starts racking his brain to see if he can remember where he has heard that voice before.
Narrator
 GM, 5950 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 20:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 137):

It is the voice of the cat creature you spoke to previously.


The voices are a little indistinct, but you can hear the timbre and cadence of their speech. It seems casual, and not guarded.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 62 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 22 Feb 2019
at 20:46
The road to Veroigne
"I think one of the voices is the cat person I spoke to last night while fishing.  Maybe he can tell us more about our travel."

OOC Probably could have assumed that, but best not to.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 13 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Sat 23 Feb 2019
at 20:52
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 139):

"I have a feeling that cat is a type of faerie, as my people are considered to be as well."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 852 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 07:03
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 140):

"Yes, but of the malevolent or mischievous kind? You are welcome to try to talk to him, but I am keeping my guard up!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 64 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 24 Feb 2019
at 15:36
The road to Veroigne
By now Balir has his shield strapped on, so he is limited to gesturing with his free hand.  "He did not seem evil ven I spoke vith him.  Ve should vatch him, but I am not vorried."
Fisbie
 NPC, 1 post
 Woodgrue
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 14:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 142):

 Bursting through the undergrowth in a twitchy kind of dance, dooting away on a hautbois is a strange,short, ugly creature with the face of a bat, wearing a patchwork tunic.
https://drive.google.com/file/...AX/view?usp=drivesdk
Balir Ironhide
 player, 65 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 16:53
The road to Veroigne
Balir remains quiet, waiting off to the side with the group, hand on his axe.  He doesn't know the world of humans yet, so he waits on the more seasoned in the party to react to the creature playing the music.
Aethul
 player, 18 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 17:48
The road to Veroigne
'Tis a woodgrue ... a fairy folk who are competent musicians, but quixotic and given to mischief at times.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 853 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 20:04
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 145):

Kirpich smiles.

"It is not the evil I worry about with them...it is the mischief!"

He stays on guard, keeping one eye on the creature and another behind them, in case the creature is a distraction, and ensuring Chunky and the horse are in front of him so he can watch them as well.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 66 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 25 Feb 2019
at 20:37
The road to Veroigne
Since the others are more concerned with mischief than they are evil behaviors, Balir will pay close attention to the woodgrue as they pass.
Narrator
 GM, 5972 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 01:31
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 147):

A moment later, three others step through the brush.
The first is an elf, with an unearthly pale beauty, wearing brassy mail and carrying a bow.
The second is a sort of dwarf you have occasionally heard of but rarely seen, a moss dwarf. Known as brewers and forresters, they are often found in woids and peat bogs, and do not delve for minersks. This particular one has lichens growing on his hands, and algae in his beard, and smells strongly of yeast.

The third, entering your clearing last, is the grimalkin you met last night.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 854 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 04:59
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 148):

"Well met, I trust. What brings you four to these parts?"

Kirpich tries to keep his distance and keep a watch on all four, though the beautiful one is, well, distracting.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 67 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 26 Feb 2019
at 19:55
The road to Veroigne
Balir also finds the elf distracting, although she is...an elf.  His aversion to the race does help him focus more intently on the rest of the group.  In particular, he finds the dwarf very interesting.  There were always rumors about such dwarves in the forest, but he had never heard of anyone who had actually seen or met one.  The world outside his home was fascinating!  Balir remains quiet, following Kirpich's lead, and watching the group as intently as he can despite the distractions.
Leandru
 NPC, 1 post
 Elf of Fairie
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 17:46
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 150):

The frost elf looks with a hint of disdain at your group, and raises an eyebrow at Syvanus.
"We are passing through, from the West, travelling East. From whence come you, and under which banner?"
Hussdor
 NPC, 1 post
 Moss dwarf
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 17:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Leandru (msg # 151):

The moss dwarf gives Balir the nod, and looks quizzically at Chunky the elemental with his deep black eyes.
Jelak
 NPC, 5 posts
 Grimalkin
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 17:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Hussdor (msg # 152):

The booted cat smiles broadly, and taps the woodgrue on the shoulder.
" Let us greet these folk before you begin playing for them. I am called Jelak, although I have other names The one who thinks he is a musician is Fisbie. The others are Leandru and Hussador."
Syvanus
 player, 868 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 18:16
The road to Veroigne
We head west to resolve some issues for a guild in Northport. It's a rather cosmopolitan organization.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 70 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 18:43
The road to Veroigne
While Balir does not make it obvious, he ignores the elf.  Instead, he takes a step off to the side to speak with the moss dwarf in Dwarvish.  "Greetings Hussdor.  Ve have heard much about moss dwarves, but not ever met one.  I am Balir, descendant of Federjung, and come in peace (unlike my ancestor).  My home is Dvergholt, to the north.  Vell met."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 855 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 19:16
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 154):

Kirpich notes others have spoken, and so he will not add for risk of creating confusion. He smiles at the dwarf looking at Chunky.
Hussdor
 NPC, 2 posts
 Moss dwarf
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 20:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 155):

The moss dwarf replies to Balir in their shared language, although with a slight accent.
"Hail and well met, cousin. I am Hussador of the Wold. I travel with these fey creatures as their company is not unpleasant. I see you have an elf also. Which court do they serve?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 71 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 28 Feb 2019
at 21:42
The road to Veroigne
Balir nods as the moss dwarf speaks in their shared tongue.  He is glad to know there were dwarves outside of his home, even if they were more distant relatives.  He responds in kind to his cousin:

"I only joined this party recently, so I cannot speak about our elf.  I find him aloof or even arrogant, but the rest of the group trusts his counsel, and he has been professional.  At this point I have no reason to mistrust him beyond the fact that he is an elf, and I find that to be a poor judgement of character.  He can handle himself just fine, or he would not be here.  What of your elf?  And, what can you tell us of the travel ahead?  Is there gold to be found?"
Hussdor
 NPC, 3 posts
 Moss dwarf
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 21:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 158):

"Less gold than I would like, and more silver than my companions can tolerate. I am forced to change our coin for copper farthings to accommodate their revulsion. The way west leads only to small hamlets and the foothills of the mountains where the wildmen dwell. There are faiey creatures throughout the woods, and hags and witches as well."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:50, Fri 01 Mar 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 72 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 1 Mar 2019
at 22:12
The road to Veroigne
OOC Balir is quite chatty, so he'll talk for as long as the moss dwarf wants to.  Instead of bogging the thread down so everyone has to wait, I'll fast-forward to the end by listing off the questions he'll most likely ask along the way.

* Balir will ask about their group, where they came from, where they are going, and ask follow up questions if it seems appropriate.

* There are tons of questions to be asked about moss dwarves in general, like where they live, and what connection they have back to the subterranean dwarves.  Balir will also ask about magic, and what the differences are between them.

* As they seem to be traveling in the opposite direction, are there specific friendly people or dangerous situations that Hussdor can share with them?

I can think of many more questions, but that seems like it will cover what they'll likely have time to discuss.  I imagine the group at large will want to get moving.

Balir will not share anything too personal, and he will not mention their mission.  Otherwise, he's open to sharing information to whatever point seems appropriate.

He'll keep his eyes open for mischief as the rest of the group mentioned it might be an issue.  If alcohol is offered, Balir will trust the moss dwarf and have some.  He did not bring any of is own, not knowing if it would be acceptable on his first guild trip.

EDIT - oh, and he'll sharpen his axe if he gets comfortable nough that it would be safe to do so.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:22, Fri 01 Mar 2019.

Hussdor
 NPC, 4 posts
 Moss dwarf
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 15:46
The road to Veroigne

"I don't know about you, but I am parched. This is a brew I made last week, using morels and wild hops. Do you care to partake?"
He unslings a wineskin and extends it to you.
Fisbie
 NPC, 2 posts
 Woodgrue
Sat 2 Mar 2019
at 15:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Hussdor (msg # 161):

The bat faced woodgrue immediately prances over and extends a small wooden cup, apparently for its own use.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 856 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 3 Mar 2019
at 02:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Fisbie (msg # 162):

Kirpich will listen for a bit, before asking

"Care to translate?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 73 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 4 Mar 2019
at 15:19
The road to Veroigne
Balir responds "Sure, Kirpich.  The important part is what he told me about the way west.  Hussdor said they only saw small hamlets.  He also mentioned wild men who live in the foothills of the mountains. The woods contain fairy creatures, along with hags and witches.

Now, I am going to try this brew to see how it tastes.  I have never had moss dwarf ale before."


Balir will share the ale with Hussdor.

OOC I'm assuming he'll have something in his "personal basics" for drinking.  If not, he may need to borrow a mug.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:28, Mon 04 Mar 2019.

Fisbie
 NPC, 3 posts
 Woodgrue
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 03:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 164):

The ale is hearty and dark, and very frothy, like a sour, smoky stout.

The woodgrue pounds it back, and starts doing a frantic giggling dance.
Leandru rolls her eyes at this display.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 857 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 05:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Fisbie (msg # 165):

Kirpich just watches in amusement, keeping an eye on all the odd characters...not just the dancing ones.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 74 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 5 Mar 2019
at 18:24
The road to Veroigne
Balir enjoys the ale and makes small talk for as long as the rest of the group seems willing to loiter around.  He'll also share some of his ale, although sparingly - he will explain it has to last him for a long trip, although he won't elaborate even if asked.
Jelak
 NPC, 6 posts
 Grimalkin
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 15:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 167):

"Where are you all heading, so heavily kitted out. I must confess, I am curious."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 75 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 16:31
The road to Veroigne
Balir falls quiet at the question.  He isn't one of the leaders of their party, he's new and inexperienced when it comes to travel above the ground.  The question was for someone else to answer.  Instead of making his silence obvious, Balir quietly starts packing up his mug and aleskin, as he expects they will move on before long.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 858 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 6 Mar 2019
at 19:40
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 169):

"We head off to investigate reports of trouble." Kirpich answers matter of factly.
Leandru
 NPC, 2 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Fri 8 Mar 2019
at 22:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 170):

The elf smiles wryly."We travel eastward in search of opportunity and rumors of home."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 859 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 8 Mar 2019
at 22:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Leandru (msg # 171):

"Opportunities and rumors of home? I am not sure I understand..."
Jelak
 NPC, 7 posts
 Grimalkin
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 17:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 172):

"This is a wondrous land, and a curious place to be sure. There are however, portals to faerie, some fixed, some seasonal, scattered about. Leandru has occasional duties at the winter court, and the passage we last took this way leads to a place not near her destination, so we seek other paths to faerie."
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 14 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Sat 9 Mar 2019
at 17:11
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Jelak (msg # 173):

"Most of the gates I know are far to the south, near the sea, but one must pass through the cities of men before closing on the hinterlands.
There is one other way I know, in the city of Northport, there is a tavern called Hypathia's Hoofprints, with a faerie ring in the back garden."

Leandru
 NPC, 3 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 19:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 174):

"That is certainly good information. Please excuse Fisbie, he has decided our parley is instead a party."
Fisbie
 NPC, 4 posts
 Woodgrue
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 19:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Leandru (msg # 175):

The woodgrue has moved from dancing to playing. An irresistible urge is rising with the odd flutelike music, whi h is both haunting and frantic at once.
 Make will rolls to resist breaking into dance!
Any magic resistance counts.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 860 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 10 Mar 2019
at 20:09
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Fisbie (msg # 176):

Kirpixh frown.

"To invite is acceptable, but to compel dancing is outright rude. If you will finish that, we will be on our way."

He looks around to check prying hands are not too close to his companions.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:12, Sun 10 Mar 2019.

Aethul
 player, 19 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 02:22
The road to Veroigne
Aethul starts to tap his feet in time with the music.
Syvanus
 player, 869 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 02:24
The road to Veroigne
Syvanus controls his urge to dance.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 77 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 04:07
The road to Veroigne
Balir also frowns at the compulsion to dance. It seems impolite to him. Thankfully, he resists the urge, but in part circumstance helps with that. The tower shield and heavy mail make dancing quite inconvenient. “I agree. That music is nice, but the compulsion is most unwelcome. Please, put away the flute. “

This message was last edited by the player at 17:26, Mon 11 Mar 2019.

Fisbie
 NPC, 5 posts
 Woodgrue
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 22:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 180):

The hautbois playing bat faced goblin seems caught under the sway of his own music, playing on
 and dancing himself as if compelled.
The satyr seems caught under his sway as well.  The Moss dwarf sways slightly, but you can see by the twitching of his tail that the grimalkin is just irritated, and the frost elf looks done with the entire situation.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 78 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 23:03
The road to Veroigne
Balir shakes his head at the inaction on the part of Fishbie.  The creature was of the Fey, so maybe this was a normal behavior.  He had no idea.  Regardless, it was bothersome, and he had asked politely.  Balir will hang his axe on his belt, and then approach Fishbie to gently knock the instrument away from his mouth.

"I mean no harm, but it seems Fishbie has been captured in his own thrall."

OOC I expect this to go badly, but...  I think this is what he would do.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:03, Mon 11 Mar 2019.

Fisbie
 NPC, 6 posts
 Woodgrue
Mon 11 Mar 2019
at 23:35
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 182):

as Balir pushes the delicate instrument from the woodgrue's lips, the creature frowns.
"Hey man, what gives? why you trying to harsh my mellow? I was getting into the groove, man, that was not cool."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 79 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 01:24
The road to Veroigne
Balir nods in an understanding fashion.  "No offense intended.  Play music if you wish, but please do not compel us to dance.  We were having a nice conversation, and a nice brew.  I do not wish to dance in mail armor and a tower shield."
Fisbie
 NPC, 7 posts
 Woodgrue
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 13:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 184):

"Man, what a downer! You need to loosen up, maybe lose the metal threads, drink a little more and get nice!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 80 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 14:17
The road to Veroigne
Balir takes a knee so he can look Fishbie in the eye.  "On another day, I will gladly share a brew and dance with you.  Unfortunately, we have a job to do, so my friends and I must work.  It seems you have somewhere to be as well.  I think we must take our leave from you for now.  After we are gone, I am sure the frost elf would gladly dance with you."  Balir stifles a smirk as he stands back up, and prepares to move on down the road.  "Well met Hussdor, and friends."
Fisbie
 NPC, 8 posts
 Woodgrue
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 15:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 186):

The woodgrue looks Balir straight in the eye.
"Invitation accepted."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 81 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 15:50
The road to Veroigne
Balir nods in response to Fishbie's comment.  He had no problem relaxing for an time with a woodgrue, under the assumption his gold and belongings were safe.  That would of course be the trick...
Aethul
 player, 20 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 18:45
The road to Veroigne
Athul shakes his head to clear it and tries to recover his grasp on the surroundings
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 861 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 19:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 189):

"I think you should play a little nicer too. Using magic to force people to do things is extremely rude, not mallow. Inviting people to dance is nice, but forcing them, not so much. Good day folks."

Kirpich begins to lead folk down the road.
Aethul
 player, 21 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 12 Mar 2019
at 23:27
The road to Veroigne
Aethul  follows Kirpich
Balir Ironhide
 player, 82 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 15:23
The road to Veroigne
Balir will nod at Hussdor as a gesture of respect, and then follow Kirpich as well.
Syvanus
 player, 870 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Wed 13 Mar 2019
at 18:14
The road to Veroigne
Syvanus heads out and gets ahead of the group and wagon to act as a scout.
Narrator
 GM, 6049 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Mar 2019
at 20:04
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 193):

With the fey folk behind you, the road stretches uneventfully ahead until nightfall, with little to see except for farmers tilling the soil and a few sheep.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 83 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 15 Mar 2019
at 23:15
The road to Veroigne
Balir will assist with setting up camp and volunteer to take the middle watch again.  As he (probably) has the best night vision, and is something of the low man on the totem pole, it seems reasonable.

OOC By the way, I take it from mentions that Kirpich has a friendly earth elemental that has been accompanying us?

chunky
 player, 7 posts
 small elemental
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 01:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 195):

The elemental is a small one, about a yard tall, and looking like a stack of rocks in humanoid shape.

Occ: something like the one in Heavy Metal 2, as opposed to the one in GalaxyQuest

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:39, Sun 17 Mar 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 862 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 10:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to chunky (msg # 196):

"My Elemental 'Chunky' goes where I go. He is a good friend of mine." Kirpich says, as he assists in setting up the campsite, moving earth as required, before creating some food out of the local vegetation.
Narrator
 GM, 6057 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 19:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 197):

With the camp built, you settle in for the night. Watches?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 863 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 198):

Kirpich will volunteer for last, and suggest we keep a watch routine as last time, but with perhaps 5 shorter watches...

Syvanus > Balir > Dionysus > Snorri > Kirpich

Sound right to all as standard practice?
Aethul
 player, 22 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:17
The road to Veroigne
Aethul can stand a watch.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 864 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 200):

So

Syvanus > Balir > Dionysus > Aethul > Snorri > Kirpich ?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 84 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:27
The road to Veroigne
Balir is fine with this.
Aethul
 player, 23 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:37
The road to Veroigne
No problem
Narrator
 GM, 6062 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 20:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 203):

During Aethul's watch, he notices something glowing in the distance, looking a bit like moonlight in the woods.
Aethul
 player, 24 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 22:44
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will wake Syvanus and Kirpich
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 865 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 17 Mar 2019
at 23:01
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 205):

"Thanks for waking us. Perhaps someone stealthy can investigate while the rest of us watch the camp..."
Aethul
 player, 25 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 03:48
The road to Veroigne
I am somewhat stealthy, I could go...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 866 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 04:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 207):

"Ok. Can you signal us if there is trouble?"
Narrator
 GM, 6065 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 15:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 208):
Aethul make a stealth roll, and a per.
Aethul
 player, 26 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 16:20
The road to Veroigne
Yes, I can touch your right shoulder if I need aid, your left if you  just to be on guard and Your cheek if we should pack up and escape quietly.

He slinks off to check on what is out there.
Stag of Veroigne
 NPC, 1 post
 Regal and luminous
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 21:09
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 210):

As you approach the silvery glow, you can make out that it comes from an enourmous twelve point buck, quietly eating ferns.
The animal is beautiful and faintly luminous.
Aethul
 player, 27 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 18 Mar 2019
at 21:50
The road to Veroigne
Aethul casts  a small spell, the rises and attempts to approach the Stag.

You are a most handsome Stag, can you speak as well?

When the Stag accepts his approach or runs off, he will cast again,
attempting to let Kirpich know all is well.
He fails his attempt and tries one more time to cast, this time Kirpich should feel a touch on his left shoulder.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 867 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 19 Mar 2019
at 01:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 212):

Kirpich remains on guard.
Stag of Veroigne
 NPC, 2 posts
 Regal and luminous
Sat 23 Mar 2019
at 19:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 212):

The great silvery beast permits itself to be touched. Aethul feels something calming and strange.
Aethul
 player, 28 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 24 Mar 2019
at 01:34
The road to Veroigne
My thanks, and how may we repay you?

Stag of Veroigne
 NPC, 3 posts
 Regal and luminous
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 14:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 215):

The creature eyes Aethu for a momemt and begins to walk away. It looks back and then continues into the forrest.
Aethul
 player, 29 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 26 Mar 2019
at 18:55
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will follow, presuming that was what the Stag wanted.
Stag of Veroigne
 NPC, 4 posts
 Regal and luminous
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 15:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 217):

The great beast heads deeper into the woods, walking with purpose...
Aethul
 player, 30 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 17:58
The road to Veroigne
Aethul keeps up as best he can, but is becoming concerned at how far he has gone away from the party.  He finally stops and says, I can nay follow further and leave my friends, we protect each other and I am gone longer than they expected me to be.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 868 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 27 Mar 2019
at 19:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 219):

Kirpich looks around nervously, wondering where he has gone...
Stag of Veroigne
 NPC, 4 posts
 Regal and luminous
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 19:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 219):

The majestic beast nods, and continues on its way.

This message was last updated by the player at 19:54, Fri 29 Mar 2019.

Aethul
 player, 31 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 17:50
The road to Veroigne
He returns sometime later... A majestic Stag, very large and it glowed with a soft light. I managed to go up to it and touch it... then followed it a ways before returning.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 869 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 19:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 222):

"Interesting. Did it say what it wanted?"
Aethul
 player, 32 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 20:10
The road to Veroigne
It said nothing, but I feel really good having seen it.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 870 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 20:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 224):

"I see. So I can go back to sleep now?"
Aethul
 player, 33 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 21:17
The road to Veroigne
Certainly...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 871 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 28 Mar 2019
at 23:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 226):

Kirpich will do so!
Narrator
 GM, 6110 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 19:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 224):

The rest of the night passes without incident.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 88 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 29 Mar 2019
at 19:14
The road to Veroigne
Balir wakes up, and seeing that he's still alive along with everyone else, he'll proceed to break camp.  He's full of chat this morning, however, and will talk to whoever wants to about the moss dwarf, frost elf, and the encounter from the other day. *

* Except the elf.  Balir will politely ignore him, if that is possible.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 872 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 08:49
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 229):

Kirpich is more concerned to know why he had to wake up so someone could go frolic with the wild animals...
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 97 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 14:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 230):

"What happened last night? I took the last watch, and no one said anything."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 89 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 15:01
The road to Veroigne
Balir looks up from where he's rummaging in his pack.  As he pulls out his whetstone, he looks up and asks the same, as he sharpens his axe.

"I didn't hear anything.  Did something interesting happen last night?"

....shhhhht........shhhhht......
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 873 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 19:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 232):

"Ask Aethul. He asked me to take watch so he could run off chasing a deer...and he did not even come back with venison!"
Aethul
 player, 34 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 21:34
The road to Veroigne
Not quite true... I saw a light moving in the woods and awakened Kirpich, I then went and investigated it, finding a glowing and regal stag, which I followed for a bit, as it was obviously magical. Then I returned and let grumpy resume his sleep   He smiles.
Narrator
 GM, 6129 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 19:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 234):

Once back on the road, which you find to be poorly maintained, you find little to see but overgrown abandoned farmland for several hours. Then, towards dusk, the land begins to clear, and you can see large areas of shallow flooding to either side of the road. The peasants working in these flooded fields look a little odd. Most are wearing wide b4immed straw hats.

In the distance beyond the fields you can see small huts.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 874 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 20:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 235):

Kirpich is mainly concerned that those working in the fields are living humans. Different races are not such a problem, though communicating with them may prove to be...
Narrator
 GM, 6131 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 20:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 236):

They are living humans, but appear to be Sahudese.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 875 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 20:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 237):

That is OK. Sahudese farmers are still farmers. Interesting, what they could be growing under shallow flooding...
Narrator
 GM, 6133 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 21:25
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 238):

It is starting to get dark. The road is raised up from the flooded areas. You will need to get off the road somewhere soon.

Ahead you can see a crosswise embankment heading toward the villiage.
Syvanus
 player, 871 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 21:26
The road to Veroigne
Perhaps the Village will let us stay there.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 90 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 22:30
The road to Veroigne
Balir will ignore what the Dwarf said, and suggest "Perhaps zey vill let us stay in ze village."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 98 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 19:09
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 241):

Snorri guides the mule toward the village. It is beginning to rain, and the road, while gravelled, is becoming a little sludgy.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 876 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 19:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 242):

Kirpich will wait until the arrive before looking for an inn or place to stay.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 91 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 19:53
The road to Veroigne
Balir will follow along as normal, looking for a tavern where he can get some ale, and some dwarven folk with whom to carouse.
Narrator
 GM, 6142 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 20:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 244):

The Sahudese peasants have but meager huts, some on stilts, without anything that resembles a tavern. One mumbles a greeting in broken Aralaise.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 877 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 4 Apr 2019
at 22:47
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 245):

Kirpich will ask the local. "Place to say tonight?"
Narrator
 GM, 6145 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 5 Apr 2019
at 20:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 246):

The farmerleads you to one hut where several people, aparently unrelated are passing small earthenware cups , after pointing under a stilt hut to place your cart.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 94 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 5 Apr 2019
at 20:38
The road to Veroigne
Balir follows along, watching the interactions and absorbing the customs of the humans as they interact.
Narrator
 GM, 6149 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 19:28
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 248):

These folk are simple, but seem disturbed by Kirpich's companion and Dionysus'horns and hooves. They offer each of you a small cup of warm liquid.
Aethul
 player, 35 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 6 Apr 2019
at 22:09
The road to Veroigne
Aethul takes it, bows and sips his.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 96 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 00:26
The road to Veroigne
Balir will do the same.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 878 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 08:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 251):

Kirpich also attempts to follow what appears to be the custom here, and does what he sees others doing once the saddle horse has been parked.

"My friend is a friend of the earth, as am I."

He accepts the warm liquid gratefully and tries it.
Narrator
 GM, 6157 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 17:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 252):

The beverage is a yeasty rice based ale, and fairly potent.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 879 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 7 Apr 2019
at 20:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 253):

When Kirpich realizes what it is, he has very little more of it. If asked, he blames a weak stomach.

He attempts to neutralize the alcohol, as it is a mild poison, but that does not go so well. Apparently, Grom disagrees that it is poison, so he partakes no more.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 97 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 00:33
The road to Veroigne
Balir will try to get himself an entire tankard, and start asking questions from the locals, mostly making small talk about the weather and travel.
Aethul
 player, 36 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 8 Apr 2019
at 03:18
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will sip but not drink, if he gets a chance, he'll pour his in Balir's glass.
Narrator
 GM, 6187 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 17:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 255):

The locals who speak broken Aralaise are happy to fill your tankard. A few talk among themselves in their language, and point at your weapons, but don't seem to be bothered by them.
  The brew does not seem to be particularly harsh, but is intoxicating.

The amount initially poured is about a
shot, not enough to really intoxicate. If Aethul is sipping enough to be polite, he doesn't have to pass it off.

Dionysus has a couple of rounds, and starts to sing... Poorly.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 880 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 13 Apr 2019
at 21:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 257):

Kirpich will just watch and try to make conversation to distract from him not drinking.
Aethul
 player, 37 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 14 Apr 2019
at 02:46
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will look around to see if there is anything he can do to help these folks and show good will.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 103 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 14 Apr 2019
at 15:01
The road to Veroigne
Balir will be sure to ask questions of Kirpich, asking about his religion and god.  Otherwise he will drink his tankard and talk with the locals about whatever they want to discuss.  He'll occasionally stroke his beard as he listens to people speak.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 881 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 14 Apr 2019
at 20:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 260):

Kirpich is only too happy to go an about Grom. And on, and on...
Narrator
 GM, 6196 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 261):

The locals get a little rowdy, laughing heavily at the faun, although two do pull out stringed bowed instruments and play along, and proceed to sing just as badly.
One does seem put out by Kirpich's prattling about Grom, and leaves, returning with a painted scroll with a mandala and a great number of small depictions of assorted multilimbed deities. He points at several, giving names, and then takes Kirpich's finger as if to point, and says "Grome?"


Make a Theology roll at -2

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 19:29, Wed 17 Apr 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 104 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 17 Apr 2019
at 19:26
The road to Veroigne
As Balir was part of the conversation, he will watch what happens with Kirpich with a high level of interest.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 882 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 00:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 262):

Kirpich knows a lot about his own pantheon, but this does not look familiar...
Narrator
 GM, 6205 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 20:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 264):

Kirpich is unable to locate the equivalent positioning on this chart of where in the scheme of divine and infernal beings his elemental lord would be placed.  The shaman is suspicious. He calls forth something unseen that seems to interact with Chunky. Make a theology or spirit lore roll
[Privste to Narrator:T'u-ti Kung]

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:40, Thu 18 Apr 2019.

chunky
 player, 8 posts
 small elemental
Thu 18 Apr 2019
at 20:42
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 265):

The small elemental seems confused, and answers unseen questions in a gravelly voice.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 883 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 20 Apr 2019
at 13:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to chunky (msg # 266):

This Kirpich does seem to understand...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 109 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 16:24
The road to Veroigne
Balir strokes his beard as he watches the interplay intently.  Pretty much all of this is beyond what he understands on the theological level.  Instead, he motions one of the locals for another tankard of drink, and pulls out his whetstone to sharpen his axe.  As he watches Kirpich, he'll ask the locals "Vat is going on?  Can you explain?"
Village shaman
 NPC, 1 post
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 20:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 267):

The priest listens to an unseen voice, an points to a spot on his chart.
"T'u-ti Kung....Grome."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 884 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 22 Apr 2019
at 10:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village shaman (msg # 269):

"You know Grom by a different name?"
Village shaman
 NPC, 2 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 15:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 270):

The shaman points at a greenish band outside the main circle of deities on his chart to a number of small figures, most of whom have many arms. he reaches down and grasps a handful of earth and lets it fall through his fingers. "T'u-ti Kung."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 885 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 20:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village shaman (msg # 271):

"Tu-Ti Kung, a god of Earth. But same god? Grom Good, Grom Helps people..."

He looks around to see if any need healing, and does so if he sees any.

"Tu-Ti Kung heal?" he asks after that.
Village laborer
 NPC, 1 post
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 19:25
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 272):

While the shaman looks at you uncomprehending, the man with a little broken Aralaise offers what sounds like a translation. After a little back and forth, he answers.
"T'u-ti Kung god of earth, crops, mountains, does healing, grants wisdom and strength."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 112 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:14
The road to Veroigne
...by now Balir should be well into his second tankard...
Narrator
 GM, 6247 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 274):

Make a carousing roll to settle the uneven reaction of the villagers.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 113 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:27
The road to Veroigne
Some of the locals seem to be uncertain about what's going on or even agitated, so Balir will try to smooth it over with some stories from Dvergholt that he thinks they might relate to.
Village laborer
 NPC, 2 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 276):

Your gusto and cheer drown out the impressions of the teatotalers and the blatant drunkenness of the satyr!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 886 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 277):

Kirpich is unsure if is the same god, but they sound very similar.
Narrator
 GM, 6256 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Apr 2019
at 16:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 278):

It maybe simply that he is satisfied with knowing a cognate that fits his theology.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 116 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 3 May 2019
at 18:35
The road to Veroigne
Balir will continue his lively conversation with the locals, since Kirpich seems to have ironed out the concern he had with the religion topic.
Aethul
 player, 38 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 3 May 2019
at 18:58
The road to Veroigne
Aethel will use hand signs to ascertain where it is OK to spread his sleeping gear, it's always easier to do it in daylight, which may be fading soon.
Village laborer
 NPC, 3 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 281):

They direct you to where you can sleep, and where the animals may be boarded out of the rain. Not much l9nger after full dark, the villagers  creep away to sleep, for most of them will be awake before dawn.

What preparations will you make for the night?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 117 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:04
The road to Veroigne
OOC Balir will volunteer for a watch in the middle of the night if the group feels we need one.  Otherwise, the standard precautions he would take among people he doesn't know - keep your valuables close, that sort of thing.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 887 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 283):

Kirpich will ask for the last watch, and will create some food for the next day before resting. He will want Chunky to stay near the animals and guard them. How far are they from where we are sleeping?
Narrator
 GM, 6285 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 284):

The animals are under the next hut, together with an ox.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 888 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 284):

How clearly can a guard see them from our hut?
Aethul
 player, 39 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 5 May 2019
at 21:50
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will take any watch no one else wants.
Narrator
 GM, 6289 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 287):

With the heavy rain it is not easy to see.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 118 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 9 May 2019
at 00:36
The road to Veroigne
Balir will declare "I will sleep with the animals if we are concerned.  I don't expect anyone would bother them with someone as formidable as me there."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 889 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 9 May 2019
at 01:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 288):

In that case Kirpich will suggest keeping two watches...
Narrator
 GM, 6298 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 May 2019
at 20:11
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 290):

The watches continue, until a little before dawn, you notice a lone lantern that was hanging beside a house go out.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 890 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 9 May 2019
at 20:18
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 291):

Does the lantern remain there, or go somewhere else?
Narrator
 GM, 6305 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 May 2019
at 00:58
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 292):

In the dark, with the light out, you cannot see it. Per roll to have seen any details before the light went out.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 891 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 10 May 2019
at 03:01
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 293):

Assuming there is some residual light from other sources, Kirpich looks out.
Narrator
 GM, 6310 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 May 2019
at 21:28
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 294):

Just before the light went out, you could see a humanoid figure approach the lantern, and then their neck stretched about two yards toward the lantern, tipping it to the side and then the light went out, the neck retracted and they walked away.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 892 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 12 May 2019
at 10:16
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 295):

Kirpich will see to it that the others are woken, while he and Chunky watch the beasts.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 120 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 12 May 2019
at 17:29
The road to Veroigne
OOC If Kirpich comes over to the tent with the animals I will assume Balir is awake.  Otherwise, I will assume he's sleeping (unless he hears something, etc).
Aethul
 player, 40 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 12 May 2019
at 19:42
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will rise, arm himself quickly and go to check on the animals and Balir, letting him know something was seen.
Narrator
 GM, 6324 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 May 2019
at 18:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 298):

As you are roused, you gather about. What light do you have?
It is still raining lightly, and the ground is very muddy.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:28, Mon 13 May 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 121 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 13 May 2019
at 19:45
The road to Veroigne
Balir has a lantern with the oil already in it, but no additional oil to keep it lit.  He'll offer that if no one else steps forth with a better option.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 893 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 13 May 2019
at 21:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 300):

Kirpich neither has nor needs any significant light. Any ambient light at all, and he can see.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 122 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 13 May 2019
at 21:08
The road to Veroigne
OOC I assumed Kirpich was a human.  Is he a Dwarf then, or just has some priestly stuff?  Balir would know more from their talking, but the driver doesn't.

Along those same lines, Balir has night vision, so he wouldn't need much light to see either.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 894 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 13 May 2019
at 23:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 302):

Kirpich is human, but Groms domain is underground, so Grom grants night vision.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:25, Tue 14 May 2019.

Aethul
 player, 41 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 14 May 2019
at 00:54
The road to Veroigne
ethul takes the lantern from Balir, opens the door and reaches in, he says something and moves a bit peculiarly ... there are some sparks of yellow and green and then a bright light issues from the lantern. He closes the door and hands it back to Balir.
Narrator
 GM, 6334 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 15 May 2019
at 18:44
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 304):

You can see the area more clearly.
There are a number of footprints in the mud. The hanging lantern's door is open, and there is no oil in it.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 895 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 15 May 2019
at 20:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 305):

"Don't touch it. Let their investigators look into it. We will need to keep watch though...is there a town watch to be alerted?"
Narrator
 GM, 6343 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 15 May 2019
at 21:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 306):

There does not seem to be, on the other hand you arrived after sunset.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 123 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:05
The road to Veroigne
Balir is no tracker, so he stays clear of the footprints.  His main focus is maintaining a perimeter so the others can view the evidence.
Aethul
 player, 42 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 15 May 2019
at 23:08
The road to Veroigne
Aethul is a Tracker, so he carefully staeps around the tracks and looks at them without messing them up...

This message was last edited by the player at 23:09, Wed 15 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6348 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 16 May 2019
at 18:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 309):

The normal looking sandal prints circle back to one of the houses.

On its stoop are a number of sandals, all of them muddy, but only one of them damp.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:23, Fri 17 May 2019.

Aethul
 player, 43 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:04
The road to Veroigne
Perhaps refilling the lamp oil?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 896 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 311):

"I wonder if they did that to go to sleep? Seems strange though, to waste oil."

Is there any on the ground?
Narrator
 GM, 6353 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:24
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 312):

There was no oil on the ground, and the footprints didn't quite come close to the lamp. The inside of the oil reservoir is dry, nut just low.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 897 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 19 May 2019
at 21:42
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 313):

Without touching it, does it feel warm at all?
Narrator
 GM, 6371 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 May 2019
at 16:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 314):

Moving your hand close to the lamp, you can tell that it is still warm, although the glass does not have the typical darkening that occurs when a lamp b7rns completely out.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 898 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 315):

So the oil has been removed by someone without touching it...or there was a light stone in it. But light stones would not provide heat, would they?
Narrator
 GM, 6381 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 May 2019
at 18:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 316):

The lantern is an oil lamp, and was completely emptied of oil, which is nowhere to be seen.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 899 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 23 May 2019
at 05:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 317):

"Does anyone have any more oil to light the lamp? And can someone check on Chunky and the horses, and those who still sleep, if any?"

He himself watches around for anything suspicious.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 124 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 23 May 2019
at 14:30
The road to Veroigne
"The animals were fine when I was awakened, but I will go check them again now."
Balir will stride off to check the animals.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 15 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Thu 23 May 2019
at 20:03
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 319):

The (very hung over) Satyr shakes his head."I have a glow vial, if that helps."

The animals are fine.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 900 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 23 May 2019
at 21:35
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 320):

"My first choice wold be more oil, or a Continual light stone..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 125 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 23 May 2019
at 22:14
The road to Veroigne
Balir settles back into his role as a lookout.  He's bored by the talking around a lamp and it's missing oil.  Who really cares?  Still, just in case of trouble, he stays alert and observant.
Narrator
 GM, 6399 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 May 2019
at 12:52
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 322):

Dawn starts to break, and you hear stirring in some of the huts.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 901 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 26 May 2019
at 10:44
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 323):

Kirpich checks on their animals and group members...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 126 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 26 May 2019
at 15:18
The road to Veroigne
Balir will start preparing his equipment for travel.  No sense going back to sleep since daylight has broken.
Village laborer
 NPC, 4 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Wed 29 May 2019
at 18:03
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 325):

You break camp as the farmers begin to head out into the sunken fields, while others are cooking rice over communal pots.

Per roll please.
Aethul
 player, 44 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 29 May 2019
at 19:13
The road to Veroigne
As usual, Aethul stays alert and keeps looking about ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 902 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 30 May 2019
at 01:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 326):

Kirpich is also wary as he packs up and prepares to head out.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 127 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 30 May 2019
at 22:05
The road to Veroigne
Balir maintains his watch as the rest of the group prepares their things.  He had already started preparing for the day's travel, so he was a step ahead of some.
Village laborer
 NPC, 5 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Thu 30 May 2019
at 23:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 329):

You notice something about a particular sleepy looking farmer-his sandals are already muddy, whearas the others are dusty, and his mouth is a little greasy.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 113 posts
 traveling magician
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 00:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 330):

"What happened last night, are we going?"
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 99 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 00:21
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 331):

"I don't know. I feel like the satyr looks after last night."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 903 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 08:12
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 332):

Kirpich will take note of the farmer with muddy sandals and approach him.

"Is that oil on your lips, by any chance?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:10, Mon 10 June 2019.

Village laborer
 NPC, 6 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 20:13
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 333):

The man licks his lips, and his eyes widen in surprise and confusion.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 904 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 02:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 334):

"Tell, me, what do you remember of last night?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 131 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 14:23
The road to Veroigne
Balir is still lurking a few steps away, watching for danger.  However, his ears perk up at this.  Was there some sort of sorcery in play here?  He was curious to know.
Village laborer
 NPC, 7 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 19:59
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 335):

He seems confounded, but after a halting translation, three things become clear: he was hungry before he slept, he did not sleep well, but is also no longer hungry.

The translator asks why so many questions.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 905 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 20:31
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 337):

"Somebody was active last night in removing the oil from one of the lamps. We wanted to ask who and why, but after seeing oil on your lips and mud on your footwear, we can work out who. But we still do not know why..."
Aethul
 player, 45 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 22:13
The road to Veroigne
They likely use an animal oil as fuel..
Village laborer
 NPC, 8 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 22:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 338):

Lost a post when everything 404'd

After some assistance from a translator, the rather confused laborer admits that he went to sleep hungry, and slept heavily, and woke without feeling hungry.

The translator is not quite sure what you are getting at, and says also that the lamps use Nataneabura, which comes from seeds.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 906 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 01:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 340):

"So he sleepwalks and has midnight snack of lamp oil?" Kirpich starts to see the funny side of it.

"We werre concerned he had more nefarious plans when he made our lamp go out..."
Narrator
 GM, 6458 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 18:49
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 341):

The lamp was hanging about seven feet off the ground... He is around 5'4"...
Village shaman
 NPC, 3 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 22:41
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 342):

The old man eyes the greasy fellow suspiciously, but then he looks upon your group that way as well.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 136 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 22:48
The road to Veroigne
Balir stands there quietly, listening to the conversation and occasionally looking over, from the place where he is playing sentry.
Aethul
 player, 46 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 23:23
The road to Veroigne
Little here makes sense... let us be on our way.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 907 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 06:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 345):

"Indeed. We should check nothing is missing, and leave this for the village elders to resolve. It is od, but does not seem criminal. Thank you, sir for your hospitality. Let us be on our way then."

He will check his items, and if nothing is missing, he will depart.
Aethul
 player, 47 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 22:24
The road to Veroigne
Likewise
Balir Ironhide
 player, 137 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 24 Jun 2019
at 17:50
The road to Veroigne
Balir nods in assent, although he doesn't say anything.  He's normally quite talkative, but in this case he didn't have much to say.  It seemed the matter was mostly on the level of religion and magic, nothing he had any firsthand experience with.

Balir will check over his inventory against his mental checklist, and then proceed to depart along with his fellow travelers.

The interaction should provide him ample opportunity to ask Kirpich about his pantheon, the difference he saw with the town, and how he views religion in general...
Narrator
 GM, 6499 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 20:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 348):

after a quick check of gear, you head out. as the raised road continues along the flooded lands, you begin to hear an ominous buzzing sound.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 908 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 20:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 349):

Kirpich will try to determine what and where it is coming from...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 140 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 21:06
The road to Veroigne
Balir will listen to see what's going on.  He hasn't probably heard anything like this, and so he'll assume it's some sort of bee swarm.  But, if it's loud enough to be heard, it could be dangerous...
Aethul
 player, 48 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 03:14
The road to Veroigne
Aethul tries to place the sound...
Abomination
 NPC, 11 posts
 Undead earth elemental
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 13:44
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 352):

That sounds like many insect wings...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 909 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 21:16
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Abomination (msg # 353):

Can it be seen?
Stirge
 NPC, 1 post
 Big ass mosquito
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 00:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 354):

There appears to be a dense haze over the flooded farmland that quickly resolves into a cloud of large mosquito like insects, that are closing in fast!
Balir Ironhide
 player, 141 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 02:04
The road to Veroigne
Balir eyes the swarm nervously, stroking his beard absently with his right hand before resting it on the handle of his axe. His eyes will narrow for a moment as he looks ad the cloud in front of him. Finally he asks “What iz this?  Some sort ov a threat?  Is this dangerous?  What manner ov sorcery iz this?”

This message was last edited by the player at 19:17, Thu 27 June 2019.

Aethul
 player, 49 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 03:34
The road to Veroigne
Flying Blood suckers... quite a few of them, we need cover quickly.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 910 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 07:47
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 357):

Couple of quick questions Kirpich could probably tell at a glance.

How many cubic yards of earth would need to be shaped to open the ground beneath us and create a shelter? How long do we have before these things are on us?
Narrator
 GM, 6517 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 15:21
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 358):

A rudimentary shelter would require a minimum of 27 yards, (two deep by 3x3 abd the rest to build a domed stable roof.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 142 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 27 Jun 2019
at 19:24
The road to Veroigne
Balir slowly backs away from the flying blood suckers, while he takes a mental inventory of his stuff.  After a few seconds, he states in a bit of an annoyed tone  "I hav nothing to fight zem with.  Just my axe."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 911 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 00:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 359):

And how long before they get here?
Aethul
 player, 50 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 03:35
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 360):

Aye, you'd need a cloud of something...fire perhaps...
Stirge
 NPC, 2 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 18:15
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 361):

should be about two seconds
Balir Ironhide
 player, 143 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 18:47
The road to Veroigne
Balir readies his axe and shield.

OOC Just to make sure I understand, Stirge are typically (from memory) around the size of large birds.  How big are these?

Balir will swing at any that get close with a normal attack, defense will be a block first or a parry if it's not shield-eligible because of location.

Narrator
 GM, 6539 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 18:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 364):

these are almost chicken sized. you can raise your shield up to block them.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 912 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 3 Jul 2019
at 10:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 365):

Pulling the horse close, Kirpich will call out.

'Come close, Chunky stay outside and swat them, as they are after blood and you have none. Be careful not to damage what I will construct."

His first spell will create a 2 yard deep hole, 3 yards wide by 3 yards deep where they stand, as the dirt moves out around them. His second casting creates an earthen dome with 6 inch round holes spread across the 3 x 3 yard domed roof. His third casting creates a stone layer about 4 inches thick on the inside to support the domed roof.

He then collapses in pain, blood running from his nose.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:49, Thu 04 July 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 144 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 3 Jul 2019
at 16:01
The road to Veroigne
Balir will reflect mild surprise as the ground underneath him starts to shift and move.  However, as a dwarf, he is familiar with the use of earth magic by others, so he'll hold his ground and seek to protect Kirpich as he casts his spells.

OOC Add step actions to place himself between the swarm and Kirpich.
Aethul
 player, 51 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 3 Jul 2019
at 18:52
The road to Veroigne
Aethul watches Kirpich fall and kneels beside him.  Are You Ok lad?
Stirge
 NPC, 3 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 15:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 368):

Everyone but the elemental is inside the dome, Kirpich feels a little better for the energy boost, and his armor will need to be taken to a temple to be recharged (recharging is a 50 pt advantage)

The strix attack the dome, the smaller ones jamming themselves into the openings!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 913 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 19:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Stirge (msg # 369):

"Yeah, but that hurt. We will need to stab those mongrels out of our air holes...I can recover later."

All the same, he takes a few moments to recover, evaluating whether the pick can be used to kill the critters in the air holes without breaking the stone...

How much energy was given?

This message was last edited by the player at 19:50, Thu 04 July 2019.

Aethul
 player, 52 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 20:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 370):

Aethul stabs at the stirges in the holes
Balir Ironhide
 player, 145 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 15:31
The road to Veroigne
Balir declares "By Federjung, you shall not pass!", and then starts chopping off anything that bulges through the holes.

OOC Nothing to poke with, but he can swing parallel to the holes and chop off bits.  He'll be very careful doing it to try not to damage the dome or his precious axe.
Stirge
 NPC, 4 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 20:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 372):

Aethul and Balir seem to draw dome blood, but it is hard to tell in the dark hole you are in.
From the buzzing, something has gotten in with you! (Six inch holes are wide enough for 18" bugs)
Balir Ironhide
 player, 146 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 23:12
The road to Veroigne
OOC Do Stirge show up on Night Vision?  If Balir can kill what's flying around without whacking his friends he will do so, but hard to know if it's safe.  We're in a confined space.  Otherwise, he'll prevent more from coming in as best as he can.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 914 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 09:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 374):

I would have thought it was way too small, but ok. What is the light penalty inside?
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 100 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 12:44
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 375):

Stiges are about 6"-12" wide by 18"-36" long, including a proboscis of about 4"-6", and wings about 18"-24"

Lighting is at -6. Close weapons only


"If the mule is in here, we are really cramped. If it is outside, it may be dead."

If the mule is with you, actions are at an additional -3

This message was last edited by the player at 22:33, Mon 08 July 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 147 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 16:01
The road to Veroigne
Given the cramped quarters, Balir will holster his axe (rather than dropping it, too dangerous in this instance).  Then he will start grappling whatever bugs he can see.  They should crush easily, and he may even be able to swing them like a makeshift club.
Aethul
 player, 53 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 16:15
The road to Veroigne
Aethul strikes at any coming in through the holes overhead, hitting two ...
Stirge
 NPC, 5 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 22:40
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 378):

Two of your dagger thrusts hit (it is close quarters), roll damage vs two in the holes.

Is the mule with you?

If so, Balir misses his grab at the flying thing.( -3 due to cramped quarters and reaching around a frightened mule

These are SM-1 (4'-5' wingspan) so -1


Marlena casts a light spell, eliminating the darkness penalty.

You can see that two of the smaller strix are in here with you.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 148 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 23:18
The road to Veroigne
OOC Balir wasn't handling the mule, so I really don't know.  Ideally yes, but I also imagine things happened so fast that it could have gone either way.

He'll keep grabbing for big mosquitoes...  :)

Aethul
 player, 54 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 00:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 378):

Aethul does fairly well at cutting these things...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 915 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 04:18
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Stirge (msg # 379):

I did say the mule was with us, so yeas. Kirpich will reduce the size of the holes to 3", using shape earth and earth to stone once again.
Narrator
 GM, 6571 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 382):

I had said the bodies were roughly chicken sized; they are SM-1 because of a 4-5 foot wingspan, but are built like fat mosquitos with bulbous heads. By folding their wings, the smaller ones can squeeze through a space the size of their heads.


Kirpich is close to passing out from exhaustion.

Aethul kills one and gravely injures another.

The mule brays as a one of the ones with you jabs it with its probuscus.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 150 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 21:43
The road to Veroigne
Having missed a couple times already, Balir will grab at the one on the mule and attempt to kill it with his bare hands.
Stirge
 NPC, 6 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 23:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 384):

Balar gets an easy grip on the wee beastie, as it was occupied grappling  the mule's hUnches. You are now holding a huge squirming buglike creature!
Balir Ironhide
 player, 151 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 00:00
The road to Veroigne
With a smile, Balir pulls the creature off the mule.  Wordlessly he crushes it in his hand, before trying to grab the next one.
Stirge
 NPC, 7 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 00:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 386):

The thing makes a disturbing sound as you crunch it... 3 hp does serious damage to it, but does not kill it.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 152 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 14:14
The road to Veroigne
Balir will continue on crushing the stirge.

He grunts with disgust at the ichor coming from the giant mosquito, and the awful sound it's making.  "Ugh!"
Stirge
 NPC, 8 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 19:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 388):

Balir crushes it dead with the second squeeze. As you cast it aside, a bit of blood wells up from where it wounded the mule, and at the smell of it, the other stirge becomes frenzied, and dive bombs the mule as well.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 153 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 17 Jul 2019
at 22:05
The road to Veroigne
Furiously, Balir tries his best to capture the other stirge before it can hit the mule.

He was going to have to wash his gauntlets.  They were horribly squishy at the moment.
Aethul
 player, 55 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 00:28
The road to Veroigne
Aethel continues to try and kill those coming in, or up above everyone's head where he won't hurt anyone.

17:27, Today: Aethul rolled 7 using 3d6.  Short Sword.
17:26, Today: Aethul rolled 5 using 3d6.  Short Sword.
17:26, Today: Aethul rolled 12 using 3d6.  Short Sword.
17:26, Today: Aethul rolled 11 using 3d6.  Short Sword.
Stirge
 NPC, 9 posts
 Big ass mosquito
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 16:28
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 391):

Balir grabs and smashes the stirge, killing it immediately, and Aethul kills two more of the ones stuck in the air holes. The buzzing above begins to subside.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 154 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 19:47
The road to Veroigne
Balir turns to shake the goop off of his gauntlets.  His face has a rather pained look, and he makes a disgusted sound as he does so.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 916 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 05:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 393):

"If they are still coming through, grab them and stab them with a knife or something small. That will keep the holes clear as well."

Exhausted, he lowers himself to the edge of the hole and observes...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 155 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 15:56
The road to Veroigne
Balir will step to Kirpich as much as possible to protect him from any stirges that may make it into their confined area.
Aethul
 player, 56 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 18:00
The road to Veroigne
He has a growing pile of bug parts around his feet.
Narrator
 GM, 6590 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 20:49
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 396):

There is louder buzzing sound, and the sound of the strix changes. One of the ones trying to get through a hole shrieks as it is yanked back. A moment or two later, and all if the living striges depart in a hurry. The heavy thrumming moves away as well, in the same direction as the strix
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 917 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 05:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 397):

"This might be a good place to rest now...Chunky, what was that?"
chunky
 player, 9 posts
 small elemental
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 14:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 398):

The small elemental rasps and grumbles something you interpret as "long bug"
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 114 posts
 traveling magician
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 14:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to chunky (msg # 399):

"Kirpich, next time we face those let me try and put them to sleep. They were out of range for me when you started building. I am sorry you hurt yourself. Do you want a healing potion?"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:44, Sun 28 July 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 157 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 15:31
The road to Veroigne
Balir will go about getting all the ichor he can off of his gauntlets, but it seems like he'll have to wait for a water source to get the sticky off his hands and gloves.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 918 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 06:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 401):

"You are welcome to deal with them Marlena. I Just saw them coming, and for a bit no-one did anything, so I did what I did."

He casts a spell on himself before continuing.

"I will be fine, though, after a short rest, if that is all right."
Aethul
 player, 57 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 19:50
The road to Veroigne
Aethul also sits down to rest.
Narrator
 GM, 6614 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 403):

The space is s little cramped for resting, and the mule is slightly injured.



Ooc:power items are valuable items that store FP for spellcasters.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 158 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 21:13
The road to Veroigne
While the group is safe from whatever stirges may be about, they are also effectively trapped in their earthen prison.  Balir is quite comfortable in the environment, and settles down to rest as well.  While thre, he opens his pack to pull out a dwarven whetstone.  Then he begins to carefully sharpen his axe.

Shhhhhhkt.
Shhhhhhhhkt.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 919 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 06:51
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 404):

Kirpich will heal the mule as he recovers.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 101 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 19:49
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 405):

"It is a little ctamped in here, could a doorway be made?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:53, Fri 02 Aug 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 920 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 407):

"Of course. I just considered it safer not to while we rest...you sure you want that now?"

[OOC: I think you may have mixed up characters there...]
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 102 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 00:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 408):

The Shevnian warrior who has been with you ever since the trip to the lich's tomb, is pressed against the dome by the mule.

"If you just open a door, I could guard you as you rest."
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 16 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 00:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 409):

"It is a might crowded"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 921 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 04:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 410):

A little re4sted, Kirpich opens up the ground under the stone to form stairs up, before resting.
Aethul
 player, 58 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 18:08
The road to Veroigne
He goes outside to sit in the sun and rest.
Narrator
 GM, 6635 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 01:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 411):

The stairs collapse, and the rest of the shelter reverts to mud, soaking you all
in damp filth, and miring you waist deep.
Aethul
 player, 59 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 02:41
The road to Veroigne
Those outside as well?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 922 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 07:51
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 414):

Kirpich sighs as he unmires himself and the donkey, helping others out as needed...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 159 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 20:09
The road to Veroigne
Balir curses in Dwarvish.  Now his armor was filthy on top of his gauntlets.  He was going to bleed himself before he got a farthing.  The solution to the bug was was almost worse than the problem.  It was very frustrating, but not something he could fix easily.

Balir checks the area, and then starts taking off his armor.  The look on his face is grim.  However, it's necessary, and the group currently seems to be in no danger.

"Zis armor fills up vith mud easily.  Mail must be kept clean.  If I try to valk like this, I vill develop a rash, and rub my legs raw.  And ze armor vill fail.  I must take a few minutes to get all ze dirt out before ve can continue."
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 115 posts
 traveling magician
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 20:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 416):

"I've got this. Now one at a time."

All of the mud flies off of her in a shower of pink sparks.  She then has everyone stand close to each other and casts again and there is a tremendous flash of green light
And you are all coated with mud, including  Marlena, who had just cleaned herself.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 116 posts
 traveling magician
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 20:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 417):

"Let me try that again;"
Aethul
 player, 60 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 7 Aug 2019
at 03:07
The road to Veroigne
Gorgeous My Dear....
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 924 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 7 Aug 2019
at 06:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 419):

"You just created a whole lot of tiny elementals! Wow, this is the first time in a long time I question my vow of chastity!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 160 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 7 Aug 2019
at 16:32
The road to Veroigne
Balir is completely oblivious to what happened.  With a quizzical look on his face he asks "A whole bunch of little elementals?  Vere...?"

OOC I assume the mud is comprised up of little elementals or something?  What does Balir see?
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 118 posts
 traveling magician
Thu 8 Aug 2019
at 21:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 421):

"Ok, here we go again!"
This time, all of the mud sloughs off you, and even the soles of your boots are clean!
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 925 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 9 Aug 2019
at 04:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 421):

"She turned the mud into little earth elementals! How very exciting...Grom must really favour her!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 161 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 9 Aug 2019
at 17:02
The road to Veroigne
Balir shrugs, and starts to put his armor back on where he had taken it off.  He does take a moment to look closely at the splatters of mud around them, to see if they are perhaps alive or something.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 17 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 19:15
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 424):

"Elementals? I saw the mud crumble to dust then re-moisten and flow back on tp us."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 103 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 19:18
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 425):

<Huh. I saw neither elementals nor dust, just a flashback to when that giant elemental stomped me into the mud."</blue>
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 926 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 20:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 426):

"Very weird."

However, he still eyes Marlena differently...

"Lets move on once we have all recovered. Thank you Marlena for cleaning us."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 162 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 14 Aug 2019
at 20:26
The road to Veroigne
With his armor back on, Balir takes a position as lookout and waits for the rest of the group to be ready for more travel.
Aethul
 player, 61 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 14 Aug 2019
at 22:52
The road to Veroigne
He scouts forward for the group
Narrator
 GM, 6664 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 18:42
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 429):
Once fully away from the flooded paddies, you notice that there is a lot of overgrowth on the roadsides, as though no
One is maintaining the roads. You spot some large paw prints in the drying mud
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 927 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 20:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 430):

"Concerning, but consistent with what we would expect. Anyone recognize those paw prints?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 163 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 21:41
The road to Veroigne
Balir scoffs.  "Nope.  It's not a Balrog or an orc.  Ve are not familiar with these sorts of animals.  It can be killed if it needs to be, though."
Aethul
 player, 62 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 03:20
The road to Veroigne
Let me look...
Narrator
 GM, 6670 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 14:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 433):

There are a mix of oversized rabit and wolf tracks. Definitely dire animals.
Aethul
 player, 63 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 18:24
The road to Veroigne
He relays this to the others
Balir Ironhide
 player, 164 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 16:31
The road to Veroigne
Balir nods in response, but seems unfazed by the news.  "Zese can be killed.  Ve can proceed."  He hefts his axe over his shoulder, and then waits for the rest of the group before moving on.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 928 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 08:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 436):

"Hmmm, giant rabbit. Now you are making me hungry..."

Kirpich follows him, leading the mule.
Narrator
 GM, 6684 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 13:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 437):

The forrest thins, and you can smell smoke. In the distance to the right, you can see the vine covered walls of a tower tucked between the trees. The charred smell is coming from the left.
Aethul
 player, 64 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 16:12
The road to Veroigne
Something burns, let me check, the tower will wait.


He heads toward the source of smoke carefully
Narrator
 GM, 6689 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:11
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 439):

You come across the smoldering ruins of a farm.  The early crops are burning, the roof is gone from the smoking walls of the farmhouse, the wagon is a charred skeleton of itself, and their are a number of large tracks deep in the soil.
Aethul
 player, 65 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:16
The road to Veroigne
We will search for survivors and/or injured people or animals.  Then assess the tracks and what may have happened.
Narrator
 GM, 6697 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 441):

you find a horse that has had its head bitten off, and a couple of very large bites taken out of its haunches.


Naturalist roll or tracking
Aethul
 player, 66 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 03:58
The road to Veroigne
He is replused by the signs on the horse.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 929 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 07:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 442):

"Whatever killed it could have at least had the decency to eat it all...keep an eye out for it in case it plans to come back to do just that!"

Kirpich creates a stone missile, then looks away from the horse to the tracks around it. Not much of a naturalist, he is quite good at reading the earth...
Narrator
 GM, 6700 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 13:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 444):

The tracks are nearly a day old, and they are of a very large creature with more than four legs, probably SM 4, with three toed feet.
Aethul
 player, 67 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 15:07
The road to Veroigne
I think it was a very large Slorn. Perhaps the horse was already dead and the smell drew it.  I doubt the slorn burned out the farm though, and the inhabitants are gone, perhaps as prisoners. All is not well here methinks. Should we investigate the tower?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 165 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 17:28
The road to Veroigne
Balir grunts in agreement with Aethul.  "Not much to be done for ze family.  Zey are all dead, methinks.  Ze tower...  Zey should have protected the people.  Something seems wrong zere."
Aethul
 player, 68 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 17:52
The road to Veroigne
Indeed, but I see no sign of dead people around... no signs of blood or a fight. My fear is they were taken away against their will.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 166 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 18:09
The road to Veroigne
"Ze tower still should have protected zem.  Or it caused ze problem.  Either way ve go to ze tower.  Unless you see a reasone ve should go to the farmhouse."
Aethul
 player, 69 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 18:21
The road to Veroigne
I was talking about that old tower behind us, not the new one the baron or whatever he is, lives in.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 930 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 07:31
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 450):

"I agree. We need to deal with the immediate problem before moving on. It may be that the two are related. Probably, I suspect...is there an obvious way in that is open, or should I call on Grom's help?"
Aethul
 player, 70 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 17:16
The road to Veroigne
Don't know, we haven't looked.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 167 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 17:47
The road to Veroigne
Balir shrugs, which is a fairly obvious gesture given the size of his shoulders.  He doesn't know the customs of the top-siders, so it was probably best for him to see how they handled things.  Perhaps they would come to a different or better conclusion than he had.  Thus, he responds in a more non-committal fashion.  "Lead on, zen"
Aethul
 player, 71 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 23:53
The road to Veroigne
He heads back toward the moss covered ruined tower.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 168 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 15:07
The road to Veroigne
Balir has his axe in hand and is wary, expecting danger.  He follows closely behind Aethul, letting the more experienced woodsman lead.
Narrator
 GM, 6711 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 02:09
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 454):

The tower is a good quarter mile away, and the approach covered in unchecked undergrowth of brambles and thorny vines. Marlena shivers slightly, and Dionysus'eyes widen as you get close to the outer wall. Overgrown with ivy of the shiny three lobed leaf variety, you can make out an iron gate wrapped with chains. Stone spikes run along the top of the wall.
Aethul
 player, 72 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 02:39
The road to Veroigne
Take care of the shiny tree leaved plants, as they will cause great discomfort, the oils on them poison the skin. It appears that visitors are not welcome. Interesting.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Thu 29 Aug 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 931 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 07:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 457):

"Hmmm, thank you for the warning. Chunky, you are blessed by Grom in that I think you are uneffected by the plant. Please be so kind as to clear a wide path through it for us. Use your club, so that the poison might coat it. I would use my pick, but in all likelihood, it would probably present as much danger to me as to an enemy..."
chunky
 player, 10 posts
 small elemental
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 15:25
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 458):

The talus waddles over toward the gate and starts clearing the poison ivy.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 104 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 15:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to chunky (msg # 459):

"I know seizing a tower was part of what we discussed, but aren't we going to be paid for killing some beast?"
Aethul
 player, 73 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 16:03
The road to Veroigne
Yes, likely the one that wiped out that farm. but this place was mentioned as the probable source of any real take out of this deal.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 169 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:56
The road to Veroigne
Balir's eyes sparkle at the mention of gold.  He finds himself pushing towards the front, such that he's right behind Chunky if possible.
Narrator
 GM, 6733 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 462):

Make a per roll regarding the gate
Balir Ironhide
 player, 170 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 20:09
The road to Veroigne
Balir has an excellent vantage point from up in front of the line, and so he does a double take when looking at the gate.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 932 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 23:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 464):

Kirpich follows with the mule, looking for danger.

"If I had my way, I would prefer to be safely in a tower with the beast attacking me than the other way around. But we are not in the tower yet, you might just get to do a lot of killing before we are."
Narrator
 GM, 6737 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 15:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 465):

While the major chain securing the gate is locked from within, the there are smaller chains with Triunist holy symbols hanging from it. Judging by the tarnish, they have been there for at leady a generation.
Aethul
 player, 74 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 18:41
The road to Veroigne
Now that is interesting, I wonder if they seek to hold an evil inside or protect something of value?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 933 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 20:47
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 467):

"Only one way to find out..." he says, hauling the chain.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 171 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 21:54
The road to Veroigne
Balir, being unfamiliar with what the symbols mean, needs to ask for some help.  "I am unfamiliar with these symbols.  What do they mean, and what can we expect to see inside based on that?  Anything supernatural, or are we talking more mundane challenges?"
Aethul
 player, 75 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 00:14
The road to Veroigne
The symbols on the small locks were of a fairly large church in this area, the Tripartite God.  Why they locked it is a fine question. Can anyone sense evil?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 934 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 06:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 470):

"I can only sense spirits..." Kirpich replies, somewhat absently...
Narrator
 GM, 6740 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 16:18
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 471):

There are no spirits in the vicinity that Kirpich can detect.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 935 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 07:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 472):

Kirpich will then try to open the door, using the tripartite god chains first.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 172 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 16:00
The road to Veroigne
Balir will stand next to Kirpich, weapon in hand, waiting to defend him should danger arise.
Narrator
 GM, 6746 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 473):

The iron gate is fastened by a deadbolt on the other side of it, and by a heavy chain wrapping it to the other gate, with the lock on the inner side. Three smaller chains (lanyard sized) are also wrapped around where the gates meet.

The gates are three yards high, form an arch shape, and are flanked with stone pillars that are wrapped with iron bands and set with spikes,also three yards high (the spikes bring it half a yard higher). What you can see of the wall is similar- three yards high, with the last foot or so sloping outward, and capped with rusty spike about half a yard high. The walls are over two feet wide at the base.

The smaller chains with the triunist symbols are looped through themselves, they may have been bulky neclaces, and are silvered, but are rusted into position, and may need more than bare hands to break them.

The larger chains are much thicker, if rusted, and the padlock is rusted as well.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 936 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 475):

How possible is it for Kirpich to create a tunnel under the wall using Shape Earth?
Narrator
 GM, 6749 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 16:09
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 476):

You are not certain how deep the wall runs, but you might be able to burrow beneath the gate.  Simply making an open pit a yard or two wide with sloping sides, deep enough to walk through without ducking much would require displacement of 16 yards of earth, which would of course return to its original position in a day.




Going by the cost of permanence as presented by Krom.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 937 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 20:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 477):

Kirpich will get back a bit and move the earth to tunnel under the gate, moving 2 cubic yards at a time and creating a sloping tunnel.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 173 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 23:04
The road to Veroigne
Earth magic is familiar to Balir.  It was commonly used to augment mining operations back at his home in Dvergholt.  In fact, some areas required it for building bridges across caverns.  He was comfortable with it's application, so he doesn't feel the least bit out of place standing by Kirpich as he does the work.
Narrator
 GM, 6763 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 02:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 478):

Due to Grom's blessing (on that crit) the passage and its sides are stonelike and resistant to collapse.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 938 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 05:31
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 480):

Successfully all the way through?
Narrator
 GM, 6766 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 14:04
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 481):

You all can walk under the gate and up into the small courtyard.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 174 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 17:17
The road to Veroigne
Balir doesn't know what he faces inside this tower, but he's confident that whatever it is will pose no threat to him.  The depths of his home contained far more terrible creatures than anything he would find here.  As such, Balir confidently hefts his axe and shirld, and leads the way through the tunnel.
Aethul
 player, 76 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 19:02
The road to Veroigne
He follows somewhat more cautiously.
Narrator
 GM, 6772 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 20:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 483):

Within the coutyard is more vegetation, and the long dead remains of a man who looked to have been reaching for the gate. The bones appear to be scorched.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 175 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 21:38
The road to Veroigne
Balir will move towards the man but stop at about 3 yards or so.  The rest of the group needs to come in, and others may have a better idea what happened there.  Balir will be vigilant for any danger that may show itself.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 939 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:46
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 486):

Kirpich will enter and look around for doors and exits.
Narrator
 GM, 6778 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 487):

From the courtyard, a flight of stone stairs turns upward toward the left, curling around the Donjon, where arrowslits can be found facing the vine choked steps, and there appear to be murderholes on the overhang fifteen yards above. To the right, the bailey, about five yards wide, wraps around the  base of the tower, making a left turn.
Narrator
 GM, 6797 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 14:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 488):

At the moment you can head up, or around and into the courtyard.
Aethul
 player, 77 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 18:20
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will move up the stairs cautiously, looking for possible traps and for things around that he may see from the better height.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 940 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 20:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 490):

Kirpich will follow him up, taking hi stime as he leads the mule.
Narrator
 GM, 6803 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 15:59
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 490):

The footing is bad here, a combination of vines and loose stones. There are vines crawling up the walls and the steep, curved flight of stairs, but they don't quite resemble the ones on the outer wall.
You approach an arrow slit and notice that the interior seems to have a shutter in place.
Aethul
 player, 78 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 17:54
The road to Veroigne
Do not bring the mule up these steps, lest it break a leg and have to be put down.  I will seek to look inside, but not enter.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 176 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 20:09
The road to Veroigne
Balir will follow closely with the group, and try to be quiet about it if possible.  If it looks possible, he wants to be in front so he can shield his companions from any attack.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 941 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 20:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 494):

At the suggestion, Kirpich will wait on the ground level for the all clear to proceed into the keep.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 119 posts
 traveling magician
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 22:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 495):

Marlena casts a spell

Aethus, are you letting Balir ahead?

Snorri stands by Kirpich, guarding him and the mule.

Dionysus paces anxiously
Aethul
 player, 79 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 22:23
The road to Veroigne
Me? ... I'll scout, he can then take the lead and open the door if he wishes.
Narrator
 GM, 6809 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 22:52
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 496):

The narrow curving stairs are just a yard wide.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 177 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 20:19
The road to Veroigne
Balir will defer to Aethul, as he looks human and is thus trustworthy.  Given these conditions, Balir is comfortable letting him take the lead.  He'll hang his battle axe on his belt, and take out a throwing axe instead.

For a dwarf wearing heavy mail, Balir follows along surprisingly quietly.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 942 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 20:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 499):

With the tense music starting, Kirpich creates a tome missile...just in case this is not so deserted...
Aethul
 player, 80 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 20:58
The road to Veroigne
Going to throw the book at him, are you?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 943 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 08:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 501):

Yep. This stone missile seems oddly rectangular in shape...
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 119 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 13:46
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 502):

Aethul passes another shuttered arrow slit. Another story worth of stairs remains.

Marlene frowns.
"There is nothing alive in the tower that is bigger than a rat."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:46, Fri 20 Sept 2019.

Aethul
 player, 81 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 21:12
The road to Veroigne
How can you be sure?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 944 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 22:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 502):

Kirpich will look around for cover, or any stables, etc, that might be accessible on this level.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 105 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:24
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 505):

Snorri escorts Kirpich around the back of the tower, where a set of stables are attacked, with a shorter tower at the opposite end. The other tower is attached to the wall that encloses the area, and there is a covered well in the courtyard. Trees grow close along the outer wall, which is again, three yards high and capped with spikes.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 945 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 506):

Kirich will carefully investigate the area.
Narrator
 GM, 6828 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 19:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 507):

There is an abandoned coach, and two horse skeletons in the stable. This tower also is approached by steps that curl around the structure, directly under the murder holes in the battlements.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 946 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 20:01
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 508):

irpich will ask Chunky to remove the horse skeletons, thinking to move the mule into the stables. Is there any food for animals around?
Narrator
 GM, 6834 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 21:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 509):

What food there was is long rotted away. There are other bays the mule could go into; there are six in total, four vacant, two with bones.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 947 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 20:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 510):

Kirpich will select a bay with no bones adjacent. He will still have chunky dismantle the bones, just in case...
Aethul
 player, 82 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 20:48
The road to Veroigne
Aethul moves quietly and stops now and then to look around, including the murder holes.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 178 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 21:55
The road to Veroigne
Balir stays alert to his surroundings while Aethul's attention is elsewhere.
Narrator
 GM, 6841 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 01:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 511):

The bones are scattered as though the horses had simply fallen over dead. and do not appear to be articulated.

Aethul has come to an impasse; at the top of the stairs is a bap of just over two yards, with a sheer drop. on the other side is a small landing, and a door flanked by two arrow slits.

The tower is about thirty feet wide, and about fifty high, counting the battlements, although a turret above with a peaked roof rises another dozen feet high. The  ivy choked walls are about three feet thick, and there appears to be no entrance save the one accross from the stair.

The other tower, behind the stables, is only about thirty feet high by about twenty thick, and has a small turret adding another three yards in height.
Aethul
 player, 83 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 04:24
The road to Veroigne
He looks up to see if there is a bridge that could be lowered to  close the gap.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 948 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 20:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 514):

Kirpich will unload the mule and settle him in. He is not as worried about the bones being animated in the past as in the near future, so he has Chunky spread them out all the same while he does so. Once the mule and the goods are secured, he will leave and close the stables back up, minus the bones that would be now in the courtyard, and get ready to join those up higher, if they are still there.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 105 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 23:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 515):

Looking up, you don't see one, but down below you can see fragments of one in the brambles at the base of the tower.

The elemental scatters the horses remains, and Snorri frowns and glances up at the tower, and at the covered well.

"This place is reasonably  defensible, but I am not sure I like it."

This message was last updated by the player at 23:34, Sun 29 Sept 2019.

Aethul
 player, 84 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 21:01
The road to Veroigne
The castle has some issues, we'd need a small bridge to cross this gap, and that will be clumsy and curious to those who see us carrying it. But I suspect there is something here worth finding.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 120 posts
 traveling magician
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 19:25
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 518):

With a crackle of green sparks, Marlena casts another spell.
"There does seem to be a bit of silver deep into the tower."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 949 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 21:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 519):

Satisfied the mule is safe, Kirpich joins the others. Noting the gap, he creates an earthen bridge, shaping it to be stable before turning it to stone.

"Until we deal with whatever made this place desolate, I do not like it either. But something did this..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 179 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 22:21
The road to Veroigne
Once the bridge has been created by Kirpich, Balir will nod with approval, and then seek to be the first one across.  He will not be obnoxious in doing so.  However, in his mind the rest of the party was undoubtedly not well enough protected to survive an onslought.  He was, and therefore he felt that he should be the first one across.
Aethul
 player, 85 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 23:29
The road to Veroigne
Aethul will press himself against the tower wall to let Balir slide by...
Narrator
 GM, 6856 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 21:15
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 522):

Make a DX+1 check each of you while passing over Kirpich's bridge.

Advised: at the free cost, the bridge will only last 24 hours.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 180 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 22:20
The road to Veroigne
Balir makes it across the bridge without any trouble.
Aethul
 player, 86 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 2 Oct 2019
at 23:40
The road to Veroigne
Aethul does a double somersault with a twist before diving into the pavement ... This F'ing die roller has it out for me I swear.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:42, Wed 02 Oct 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 950 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 01:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 525):

Kirpich also tries to cross, taking his time.

What would be required to make it permanent?
Narrator
 GM, 6859 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 17:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 525):

Aethul wavers but does not fall!

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 19:53, Fri 04 Oct 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 951 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 3 Oct 2019
at 20:11
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 527):

Cool, that makes sense. Kirpich will follow along with the rest...
Narrator
 GM, 6866 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 5 Oct 2019
at 19:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 528):


The door is heavy, and faced with rusty ironwork.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 952 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 5 Oct 2019
at 22:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 529):

"Opening doors is best left to experts in the matter, unless you want is smashed down in a noisy fashion..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 183 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 12:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 530):

Blair looks over the door.
"Do we want to save this door? Opening it is going to be loud."
Aethul
 player, 87 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 19:51
The road to Veroigne
Maybe give it a little pry and see if we have to bash it down ... It may be open or the parts rotten.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 953 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 21:58
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 532):

"I agree let's try subtly first."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 185 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 15:27
The road to Veroigne
Balir stands aside to allow others a moment to access the door.  But he does stay close, feeling he should be the first one in once the door is open.
Aethul
 player, 88 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 22:12
The road to Veroigne
Can you try and pry the door a little, Balir?
Narrator
 GM, 6883 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 04:45
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 535):

Make a forced entry roll to assess, then you will know how much damage it will take.
Aethul
 player, 89 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 18:06
The road to Veroigne
Aethul is a woodsman and has no such skill.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 186 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 02:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 537):

Balir inspects the door.

"This might take a while, and be noisy. The door is heavy and ironbound, and on an average hit I am barely going to damage it. That said, I can do it, but it is going to be loud."


Average thickness iron bound door: DR 10, HP 34 The door is locked
and may be barred (DR4 HP 23)

The hinges are heavy, and have DR9 HP 18, but there are three of the damned things

Balir does 2d+8 when using forced entry, 2d+10 on an all out attack using forced entry.

What this spells is time. It may take a few minutes to get through, enough time to cost him a few FP, and everyone in a large distance will know where you are.
There is a murderhole directly above the door, and there are char marks on it (the murderhole) as if something hot had been poured through it.

There are faint signs of char on the facing of the door and the landing in front of it.
Aethul
 player, 90 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 03:24
The road to Veroigne
Before beating on it, let's try to just open it ... Aethul pushes on the door, gently at first, but with increasing pressure.
Narrator
 GM, 6891 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 05:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 539):

the door feels pretty secure.
Aethul
 player, 91 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 19:31
The road to Veroigne
It seems solid to me...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 187 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 22:32
The road to Veroigne
Balir waits patiently for any other suggestions.  Announcing their presence didn't seem like a good idea.  While the tower might be uninhabited, it also might have someone or something there that wouldn't want invaders coming in.

Suddenly, Balir snaps his fingers.  A moment of insight had come upon him.

"How are the hinges attached?  If they connect to the stone somewhere.  Well, you just moved a bunch of stone.  Could you move the stone out of the way so the door isn't connected, Kirpich?  We could drag it over and see if it might work as a bridge too."

OOC This seemed reasonable given the situation.  Want to avoid player knowledge and all that, but after thinking a moment I thought this would be appropriate.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 954 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 07:03
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 542):

"Lets see..."

He prays briefly...
Narrator
 GM, 6899 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 20:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 543):

Dock the energy for worked stone.

The door hangs from the lock as the hinges are released, it appears to be supported from something within, like an oaken bar. That would be a relatively simpler thing to deal with.

Stats as above, there may be more than one way to deal with it.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 188 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:18
The road to Veroigne
Balir steps to the door and tries to lift it off of what he suspects is an oaken bar holding it on.  If that doesn't work, he'll try to push his hand around the door to see if he can slide the bar he expects to be there.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:18, Tue 15 Oct 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 955 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 22:24
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 544):

Exhausted, Kirpich will ask for an hour to cast healing spells and recover his strength.
Narrator
 GM, 6903 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 23:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 545):

It looks like you can slip a blade through the side of the door attached to the hinges and raise the bar.

Make a ST check.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 189 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 14:12
The road to Veroigne
Balir will try to slip something appropriate through the crack in the door to try and lift the bar.  A throwing axe isn't ideal, so he will have to borrow a knife or something appropriate from one of his peers.
Aethul
 player, 92 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 16 Oct 2019
at 18:30
The road to Veroigne
Here, Let me do it Balir, He pulls his large knife and uses the back of the blade to try and lift the bar.
Narrator
 GM, 6913 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 17 Oct 2019
at 22:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 549):

The bar falls off the brackets with a light clatter, and the door swings toward you!
ST checks for Balir and Aethul
Aethul
 player, 93 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 17 Oct 2019
at 23:04
The road to Veroigne
Aethul catches the door and stops the swing.
Narrator
 GM, 6923 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 17:13
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 551):

The air within the tower is stale and musty.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 190 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 23:28
The road to Veroigne
Balir will peer in to the room before doing anything else, to make sure there is no imminent danger.  Then he will try to lift the door, presumably off it's hinges, and see if he can use it for a bridge over the opening.

OOC Passed the earlier ST check, let me know if you need a new one.  Think I never used that one, but I'm not sure how you do that sort of thing.  Some apply it, some want rerolls.
Narrator
 GM, 6926 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 19 Oct 2019
at 20:29
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 553):

Once you get the door aside, which covets the gap neatly, as it is 4'x8', you can see that it opens on a small room with a second door, and arrow slits to either side. These are not shuttered.
The tower is thirty feet wide, this room is about three yards by two.
There is a thick layer of dust on the floor.
Aethul
 player, 94 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 20 Oct 2019
at 00:36
The road to Veroigne
Any tracks in the dust?
Narrator
 GM, 6930 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 21:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 555):

Nothing appears to have come this way in some time.
Aethul
 player, 95 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 21 Oct 2019
at 23:03
The road to Veroigne
Does the second door have a handle?

He moves to the door and looks through the arrow slits, if he sees nothing he bends down below the slits and pushes against the door gently.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 192 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 14:41
The road to Veroigne
Balir stands next to him, attentive, and waiting to handle any hostile creatures that might be behind the door.
Narrator
 GM, 6933 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 22 Oct 2019
at 20:35
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 557):

At the moment, you can see nothing beyond the arrow slits.  The door creaks open slowly at your touch.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 956 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:24
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 559):

Kirpich follows along, ready to assist if asked.
Aethul
 player, 96 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 21:37
The road to Veroigne
He remains low and pushes the door open.
Narrator
 GM, 6944 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 20:47
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 561):

The first thing Aethul notices are footprints in the dust.  A moment later, a spark can be seen as a light is struck.
Aethul
 player, 97 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 22:23
The road to Veroigne
Aethul steps sideways to use the door jamb as protection if needed
Tower servant
 player, 1 post
 Faint presence
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 00:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 563):

A pale figure in the murky dark finishes lighting a lantern, which doesn't quite give off the amount it should, as if the lantern glass was coated with dust on both sides.
Aethul
 player, 98 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 03:03
The road to Veroigne
I say, Who resides here? We seek knowledge about this place and the baronyas part of a mission we were assigned.
Tower servant
 player, 2 posts
 Faint presence
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 13:58
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Tower servant (msg # 564):

"We see so few guests. Let me inform the master of your arrival. I apologise that we have no refreshments ready."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 193 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 28 Oct 2019
at 23:13
The road to Veroigne
Balir takes all of this in.  The pale figure was not what he had expected to see.  In response to his comment, Balir asked "And who is the master of this keep?  Who will you inform of our arrival?  And what nature of being is he?"

OOC How is the figure dressed?  Size and build?  Does he (she?) look like a threat to Balir?

Tower servant
 player, 3 posts
 Faint presence
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 01:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 567):

The lantern bearer is thin and pale, with deep set eyes. Their padded doublet hangs a little loosely on their spare and bony frame.

"Wait here, I will rouse the Master, the Siegnior du Couver."
Aethul
 player, 99 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 02:17
The road to Veroigne
A Ghost or worse methinks, but perhaps not opposed to us.
Tower servant
 player, 4 posts
 Faint presence
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 02:48
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 569):

The servant places the lantern on a small table, and exits through a side door.
The room is octogonal and had several doorways. The corners feature pilasters which rise to form an arched vault in the center of the room.

There are a few benches, and the remains of tapestries, Which seem to be coated with enough dust as to obscure details.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 957 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 04:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Tower servant (msg # 570):

"I am beginning to think you needed an exorcist, not a priest."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 194 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 18:06
The road to Veroigne
This whole situation starts to give Balir some discomfort.  He wasn't really equipped for supernatural foes.  His axe could handle just about anything mundane, but if it couldn't be hit with dwarven steel, he didn't know how he could protect the rest of the group.  Balir had a great deal of confidence in his skill and ability.  He wasn't afraid of anything that could be hit. Unfortunately, this might be something new, that he had not seen before.  Balir hadn't expected what looked like a ghost or apparition.  He wasn't sure how he would do against something incorporeal.  Even though it was just a glimmer of uncertainty, Balir wasn't so sure of himself for just a moment.  Not that anyone would know that through his stoic expression.
Narrator
 GM, 6995 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 15:02
The road to Veroigne
The servant did leave footprints.

Someone is approaching from where the servant went...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 958 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 23:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 573):

Kirpich will ready himself, but wishes to hear out whoever is coming...assuming they are coming to talk.
Tower Courtier
 player, 1 post
 Forlorn shade
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 00:03
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 574):

Silently, a gaunt form in fine but faded velvet approaches through the door the servant exited through, a smallsword at its side. Its eyes are completely black.
Aethul
 player, 100 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 00:30
The road to Veroignr
Our Greeting sir, Your tower seemed derelict, but now we see you here.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 195 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 22:15
The road to Veroignr
Balir examines the man closely, guaging how he moves and how much of a threat he might be.

OOC Axe will be looped at his belt, but Balir is prepared to draw it should he need to.  Shield is on his other arm.  He's watching the interaction closely to see how it goes. 
Tower Courtier
 player, 2 posts
 Forlorn shade
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 01:14
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 577):

The slender nobleman's dark, empty eyes scan the party.

"You were not invited to this place. Nonetheless, you are welcome. We will see as to your disposition when the Master comes."
Aethul
 player, 101 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 03:28
The road to Veroignr
There seems little joy here, can we enliven things with light?
Tower Courtier
 player, 3 posts
 Forlorn shade
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 14:58
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 579):

"The light from the lantern is sufficient. Lower your weapons, if you come not as invaders."

Aethul
 player, 102 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 16:30
The road to Veroignr
Not invaders at all, we were more concerned about animals or beings out to hurt us.
Tower Courtier
 player, 4 posts
 Forlorn shade
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 17:10
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 581):

"This place is our redoubt against the plague that rages outside. How do we know that you do not bring it with you?

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:34, Sat 16 Nov 2019.

Aethul
 player, 103 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 18:28
The road to Veroignr
We are unaware of any plague around here, and there was certainly none from where we came ... not in several hundred years since the last plague. That one was virulent though.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 196 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 23:03
The road to Veroignr
Balir asks with a quizzical look "A plague of vhat...?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 959 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 08:48
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 584):

"and why are you not effected? Walls are notoriously poor against plagues."
Narrator
 GM, 7023 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:37
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 585):

The last plague was about 40 years ago. Isolated areas tended to survive, depending on the proximity of rats and infected people. Much was abandoned then, like this tower was believed to be.
Tower Courtier
 player, 5 posts
 Forlorn shade
Sun 24 Nov 2019
at 19:32
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 586):

" We mistrust outsiders, for there is a fever in the blood that must be let to reduce it."
Aethul
 player, 105 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 24 Nov 2019
at 19:35
The road to Veroignr
Ah, That is a bad omen. We have found that letting blood kills more people than the sickness or wounds ever do.
Narrator
 GM, 7060 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 Nov 2019
at 22:40
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 588):

Actually,  minuition is still part of TL 4 physician skill, right along with leeching
Aethul
 player, 106 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 25 Nov 2019
at 22:46
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 589):

Yes Sir... but Aethul, being a ranger has learned otherwise through experience [I think] ... The Arabs for instance, in TL 4 were much better at medicine than western Europe. I don't believe they used blood letting at all.

But you are the GM.
Grimaldi
 player, 539 posts
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 01:45
The road to Veroignr

This message was deleted by the player at 01:46, Tue 26 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7065 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 15:45
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 590):

Effect iui ve or not, it is still considered the standard in Aralaise secular medicine. Esoteric Healing works differently, and bloodletting does reduce fever and slow venom. Does it reduce FP and HP? Yep. Has sterile technique been cinceived of? Nope. Are the rituals for exorcism and cure disease very similar? Yep. We, at TL8 know that it is not good medicine, but at early TL4, it was still considered standard practice for barber surgeons.
Aethul
 player, 107 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 18:03
The road to Veroignr
So you and the master along with the servants have all been bled to resist this disease?  We would not wish to expose you to anything so will with draw.

Aethul steps back and taps Balir to do the same.


OOC- Final Rest is per individual IIRC, Is there anything that might release them all? Exorcism?

This message was last edited by the player at 18:04, Tue 26 Nov 2019.

Tower Courtier
 player, 6 posts
 Forlorn shade
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 20:37
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 593):

The slender figure in its faded finery is silently joined by two others, one a woman. They stare quietly at you.
You notice their nostrils twitch.



Per rolls at -3.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 197 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 21:15
The road to Veroignr
Balir's eyes narrow as he watches the figures in front of him.  While he registers the light hand on his shoulder, he does not step back with Aethul.  Instead, he stands his ground, stepping slightly in front of the group as Aethul withdraws.

This could very quickly get ugly, and he is prepared to defend the group if he needs to.

His right hand wanders down to the hilt of his axe.
Aethul
 player, 108 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 21:47
The road to Veroignr
As he passes Kirpich, he whispers, perhaps a spell of final rest or exorcism?
He stays facing the three silent ones from just inside the door, but carefully makes no hostile action.
Tower Courtier
 player, 7 posts
 Forlorn shade
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 16:38
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 595):

Balir realizes, that except for that sniff, nond of these gaunt figures in their faded finery have been breathing...or blinking for that matter. They stand silently, and you just notice another enter the room through a different  door.

The servant returns, and they all shift subtly to face him.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 198 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:30
The road to Veroignr
Balir's eyes go a bit wide at the realization - and it is a contrast to be sure after they had just narrowed.  He then makes a statement that is as much a question as it is a comment.  "You are not alive because you do not breathe.  Yet you still function.  What horrible thing happened to you here?"

OOC I know it's probably magic and/or animation.  Balir would not necessarily know that.
Tower servant
 player, 5 posts
 Faint presence
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:39
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 598):

"The Master awaits you in his audience chamber."

There is a faint murmur of sighs from the accumulated courtiers.
Aethul
 player, 109 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:32
The road to Veroignr
Who is your master? Perhaps we know of his name?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 199 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 22:54
The road to Veroignr
Balir isn't sure what to do in the moment.  The apparitions in front of him were not openly hostile, but he also felt like a sheep being asked to go meet the lead wolf.  The whole situation felt like a trap to him, and he had real concerns about taking one more step into the keep.  Sure, he was confident he could kill anything that walked, whether it had 4 legs or two.  However, there was still that lingering question in the back of his mind.  He didn't understand at all what was going on.  These creatures were likely magical or spiritual in nature, and he had little understanding of either.  The whole situation was outside his experience.

For the moment he decided to wait, patiently, while the people knew of such things asked questions.  He liked conversation, so he wanted to hear what they had to say.  Plus, there was likely to be gold or other valuables in the keep, if these apparitions were guarding it.  That most certainly held his attention, and was about the only reason he would venture inside to meet their master.  In fact, he found himself perhaps a bit too eager to follow them in and spring the trap, so he could kill them and claim any valuables they possessed.

After a split second of distraction, he pulled his attention back to the job at hand.  Balir was here as the main protector of the group.  He made sure to stay in front of them, in case this did turn hostile.  That was his job, and he intended to do it well if it came to that.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:00, Wed 27 Nov 2019.

Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 121 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 20:46
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 601):

Marlena glances at Snorri, and back to the others.
"I know that it would be polite to accept, but I am not comfortable with this...especially with them behind  us on the stairs."
Aethul
 player, 110 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 20:59
The road to Veroignr
Aethul turns and smiles at Marlena nodding,  he mouths "lich?"
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 106 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 13:27
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 603):

"No...I think wamphyri"
Aethul
 player, 111 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 16:33
The road to Veroignr
Got a mirror? That may clear things up...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 200 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 20:34
The road to Veroignr
Balir has heard these terms spoken before, but does not really know what they mean.  He'll take his hand off of his axe hilt for a moment and make a circular gesture with his hand, as if to say 'continue with the discussion'.  His eyes don't leave the creatures in front of him, though.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 960 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 01:06
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 606):

Kirpich has been very quiet through this, silently observing.
Tower servant
 player, 6 posts
 Faint presence
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 607):

The servant looks imploringly... and the courtiers look... hungrily?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 961 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:48
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Tower servant (msg # 608):

"Whatever they are, they are not spirits...lets check for Zombies. Hey guys, do you know about Grom? Maybe he can help? "

He presents his Holy Symbol forcefully.
Tower Courtier
 player, 8 posts
 Forlorn shade
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 20:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 609):

"That charm holds no sway over me, dirt worshiper!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 201 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 20:53
The road to Veroignr
Balir doesn't exactly understand what is going on around him, but he can tell things are getting more hostile.  As before, he stands between the inhabitants of the keep and the rest of the group, and keeps his hand close to the handle of his axe.

Given the tense nature of the exchange, Balir almost can't help himself, and finds himself asking a question.  "So tell me, what were the symptoms of this fever you described?  None of us has any illness that I am aware of."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:53, Thu 05 Dec 2019.

Tower servant
 player, 7 posts
 Faint presence
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 21:12
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Tower Courtier (msg # 610):

"Black boils at the throat and axillia, a foulness to the breath, a bit of epistaxis. Come, the Master awaits."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 202 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 21:16
The road to Veroignr
Balir holds his ground.  He can hear the gold in the tower calling him, but this wasn't his call.  The rest of the group was far more educated on what was going on than he was.  So, as a diversion, he continues conversation.  "I don't see anything like zis on any ov you.  In fact zou aren't even breathing. How did zou come to be in zis condition?  It vasn't ze fever."

OOC Have forgotten his accent a bit.  Demerits!
Aethul
 player, 112 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 22:07
The road to Veroignr
Since no one offers anything that will reflect sunlight into the room he tries to cast, touching a charm he wears around his neck ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 962 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 7 Dec 2019
at 00:34
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 614):

"I am glad, in a way, you are not effected by the charms. But a precaution nonetheless."
Tower Courtier
 player, 9 posts
 Forlorn shade
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 21:51
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 614):

With the blast of light from Aethul's spell, the inhabitants of the tower shrink back, and cover their eyes, their flesh starting to smolder.
while the others retreat, two draw their swords and charge toward Aethul.

One, misses terribly due to his squint, the other may have hit, doing two points impaling to the torso before DR.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 203 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 22:02
The road to Veroignr
Balir was ready for this.  As soon as the first one of the tower inhabitants makes their move, he draws his axe, and begins shielding the group from them.

OOC Draw axe, using the step maneuver to put himself between the creatures and the squishier members of the group (if possible).  Don't have an exact placement, but the following round he will attack the closest baddie with his axe.
Aethul
 player, 113 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 22:54
The road to Veroignr
He blocks with his buckler and draws his short sword.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 963 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 05:32
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 618):

"Vampyre. At least we know who we are dealing with then. Chunky why dont you open a window or two?"

Kirpich creates a stone missile as he looks around. What are the walls and roof made of? What about windows?
Aethul
 player, 114 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 17:53
The road to Veroignr
Don't wreck the place, we'll just use the light I made ... Chunky can open the windows though, some fresh air would probably be welcome.
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 18 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 20:50
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 620):

As the blade of the coyrtier is cast aside, and one cleaved bloodlessly by Balir, the wound in its chest showing only dry gray material, and it seems less of a wound than Balir expected,
And Kirpich raises a small boulder,
 the forgotten Satyr rushes forward to stab the other, and seems surprise when the sword passes through without doing more than irritate the long dead nobleman.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 204 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 21:46
The road to Veroignr
Balir is surprised to see that the creature is not felled by his axe, but then again he knew these weren't regular humanoids too.  Drawing back for a mighty blow, he attacks the thing again, determined to fell it.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 964 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 21:59
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 622):

Kirpich selects a target he can clearly hit and flings the stone at their heads. The shot is good, but the effect waits to be seen...


"I would prefer to remodel this place than have them remodel us. Just saying...I do not want to underestimate them."
Tower Courtier
 player, 10 posts
 Forlorn shade
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 21:14
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 623):

Kirpich's boulder strikes the one the faun stabbed, and knocked it back.
As it pulls itself up, it glares at Kirpich.

Balir cleaves into the other. Despite the tremendous force of the blow, it seems to be only slightly annoyed!


Marlena casts a spell.

Snorri steps around Kirpich to protect him, and aporoaches the one struck in the head, readying his axe.

Dionysus stabs the one struck by Balir, but it has little effect.

Lot of math in the background...
Aethul
 player, 115 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 21:25
The road to Veroignr
Aethul concentrates to move the Bright sunlight around to it's best effect, denying the smoking shades any cover. He keeps his buckler up and his sword ready
Balir Ironhide
 player, 206 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 21:56
The road to Veroignr
Balir is amazed that the...thing...in front of him isn't felled by the mighty blow he has received.  As a result, he redoubles his effort to kill the thing in front of him.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 965 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 11:30
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 626):

Kirpich creates another stone missile, as he looks more to the sky...

Was the ceiling here the roof, or is there a floor above us?
Tower Courtier
 player, 11 posts
 Forlorn shade
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 16:41
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 627):

The one before Snorri swings its narrow blade, catching the faun in one of his haunches, before being struck down by Snorri's axe, which leaves a deep smoking wound.
The other clatters its blade against Balir's shield, letting the dwarven knight know that it is slightly stronger than he, band it takes his axe to the chest, but does not fall

The others have retreated from view.

Despite crackles of green sparks, Marlena
Has no visible success with her spell.

The roof is timber with slate tiles on the outside, and thus not really affected by earth spells from the interior.
The flooring here is polished porcelain tile.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 207 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 17:08
The road to Veroignr
Balir is visibly annoyed by this point.  Any normal person would have been cut in half by his axe already.  Obviously these were magical creatures of some sort, so they weren't playing fair.  Through the scowl on his face, and his visibly gritted teeth, Balir growls... "By Federjung, you will die!"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:09, Tue 17 Dec 2019.

Aethul
 player, 116 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 21:06
The road to Veroignr
Multi- combat turn action-
Still holding his shield, he moves his sword to his shield hand, fast draws a broad head arrow and launches the same from his hand at the chest of the Tower courtier.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 106 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 20:28
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 629):

The axe cleaves into the undead creature's leg, which does not bleed.

Aethus'arrow flies into its side. Its dark eyes widen, and it collapses, the wooden haft protruding from it.

Snorri looks down at the one fallen by his feet and scratches his chin.


"I don't think they are dead yet"

The bodies continue to smoulder in the sun-bright light of Aethul's amulet.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:28, Wed 18 Dec 2019.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 208 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 16:59
The road to Veroignr
Balir places himself squarely between the rest of the group and the exit where the other tower courtiers left.  Then, he asks "What the hell was that??  What are these things, and how do we kill them?"  Then, after a second, he adds "And check them for valuables."  It was very possible they had coin on their persons.
Narrator
 GM, 7132 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 20:30
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 632):

The bodies once had fine ornate cloth armor, which is now perforated, and charring slightly. They have ornate good quality smalllswords and each has a ring and a necklace. Per rolls or search.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 209 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 21:12
The road to Veroignr
Balir will not search the bodies, as he is maintaining a guard position over the area.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:13, Wed 18 Dec 2019.

Aethul
 player, 117 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 21:26
The road to Veroignr
Aethul looks closely at the dear departed... checking out the jewlery , weapons and armor.




14:24, Today: Aethul rolled 8 using 3d6.  Perception.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 966 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 03:00
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 635):

Kirpich will launch his stone missile...at the roof, in order to knock the tiles off!
Narrator
 GM, 7138 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 14:31
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 635):

They are wearing gold rings and necklaces,  (value to be determined when I can getbat the charts) and their weapons are ornate. They are not carrying coin.

Even damaged, their clothing is quite valuabl; it is both fine and ornate (sewn with seed pearls, metallic thread etc)

They seem to be bloodless, and what you can see of their organs are withered.

Their bodies do not show musculature   suitable for the strength they showed.
Aethul
 player, 118 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 19:48
The road to Veroignr
He will remove the jewelry and put them in a bag, the clothes he is a bit less interested in. He will pack up the weapons to carry.
Narrator
 GM, 7148 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 21:02
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 638):

The bodies are vold and appear lifeless...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 967 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 09:13
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 639):

Do I create a hole in the roof to allow sunshine in?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:19, Wed 25 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7152 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 18:38
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 640):

You need an axe for 5hat, and a ladder. The ceiling is wooden, above that are individual slate tiles held in place with lead strips.

Aethul has a sun bright amulet, which is slowly releasing smoke from the bodies. The other couriers and the servant are no where to be seen.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 212 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 19:05
The road to Veroignr
Balir will ask again, politely... "Vat are dos things?  How do ve kill them?"
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 107 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 21:52
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 642):

"Not sure, they seem like something I heard of as a child, but some things don't quite match with what Baba told me."
Aethul
 player, 119 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 02:09
The road to Veroignr
I concur, in some ways like Vampires, but no blood doesn't match what I have been told. Nor did I see the extended eye teeth/fangs.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 213 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 15:19
The road to Veroignr
Balir's face turns grim.  "I'm not sure I kin kill zem.  Maybe just keep zem busy."
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 122 posts
 traveling magician
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 16:28
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 645):

"I know a fair amount about beings from the netherworld, but not much about the undead, except for the few types we dealt with, skeletons and wights, and that lich and that horrid skull that Oren smashed. I don't know these.
What did your Baba say Snorri?"

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 968 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 09:21
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 646):

I was throwing a stone missile at the roof supports in order to create a hole...surly do not need a ladder or axe for that!
Narrator
 GM, 7175 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 20:45
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 647):

Ah!

The ceiling has DR 4 and 25 HP to get through the planks and loosen the slates.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 969 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 23:17
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 648):

Kirpich rattles a few tiles...
Narrator
 GM, 7185 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 17:04
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 649):

The two bodies continto smoulder, but don't look particularly damaged.
Aethul
 player, 120 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 20:12
The road to Veroignr
They are smoking but don't look like they are burning up...  I'm not wanting either behind me.  Can anyone make fire?
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 123 posts
 traveling magician
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:33
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 651):

"I can start a fire, but I need something to burn."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:03, Wed 01 Jan.

Aethul
 player, 121 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:34
The road to Veroignr
Can you burn them?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 970 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 03:25
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 653):

"I am an earth cleric, not a fire one. I can use final Rest, but it will take about a day per casting.

Chunky can you drag the bodies outside into the sun?
"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:22, Wed 01 Jan.

chunky
 player, 11 posts
 small elemental
 He will rock you!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 15:04
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 654):

The small elemental drags the first of the bodies onto the stone landing Kirpich had made.it continues to smoke.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 108 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 13:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to chunky (msg # 655):

"I am not certain that sunlight alone can destroy these, I think they need to be dismembered, and either hung on a tree or burnt and the ashes scattered across running water, or something like that."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 215 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 17:53
The road to Veroignr
"I vill stand guard.  Zey will not wait long, I think."

Balir will put himself between the door and the rest of the group, axe at the ready.

OOC I had this sudden vision of the Fellowship of the Ring, just inside the doors of Moria...  When do the drums start?
Aethul
 player, 122 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 18:40
The road to Veroignr
A simple fire would not do? There is a lotof old dry wood about, with old doors and the like.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 972 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 00:41
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 658):

"Does anyone have silver weapons? They may help..."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 109 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 21:46
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 659):

"My axe is enchanted...that was good enough for wights, it should do for these. I think dragging them into the stableyard where there is no shadow would be good. He ae a few hous of sunlight left...
Does anyone else have an idea of how to end them?"

He too glances at several doors.
Narrator
 GM, 7249 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 14:03
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 660):

There is a sound of many footsteps...
Aethul
 player, 123 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 20:26
The road to Veroignr
Coming from where?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 216 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:06
The road to Veroignr
Balir assumes that they are coming from within the tower, and steels himself to defend the others from the undead within.
Tower servant
 player, 8 posts
 Faint presence
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:24
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 663):

One of the doors opens, and the servant who first greeted you stands there with a negative neutral expression.

"The Master had extended an invitation, something quite exceptional. You repay his courtesy as you have? I must ask you to leave, or the Master will be quite displeased with you."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 973 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 22:53
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Tower servant (msg # 664):

"We appreciate the invite to dinner, but we are concerned that we might be on the menu...can the master guarantee our safety?
Tower servant
 player, 9 posts
 Faint presence
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 20:40
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 665):

The servant stands quietly in the bright light.

"Again, it is time for you to leave."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 974 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 21:21
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Tower servant (msg # 666):

"The problem with that, sir, is that the local farmers think something is wrong here. The vampyrs we have seen seem to confirm this. Should this place become the target for adventurers?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 219 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 22:18
The road to Veroignr
To Balir, these undead creatures seem like they were abominations.  They were no longer human, and should be put to rest.  He had no time for them, especially because they stood between him and the promise of riches.  He considered that far more important then these creatures.  They should be killed anyway.  As far as Balir was concerned, the most important considerations all aligned here, and so wordlessly he steps in to attack.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 975 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 03:00
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 668):

"He does not seem to be vampyr..." Kirpich cautioned.
Tower servant
 player, 10 posts
 Faint presence
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:39
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 669):

Balir splits its head open, and the servant remains standing for a monent before collapsing.


Btw, the local farmers were all burnt and slaughtered by the beast you were hired to kill...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 976 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 11:28
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Tower servant (msg # 670):

Kirpich checks the remains to determine what it was.

"Well, he does not seem a vampyr. I wonder if the farmers were burnt and slaughtered to stop them becoming vampyr, sort of like population control where food is limited?"
Aethul
 player, 124 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 19:25
The road to Veroignr
I thought there was some strange beast involved?
Narrator
 GM, 7286 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 17:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 672):

There had been a number of large lizard like footprints in the area of tne burnings...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 977 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 00:31
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 673):

What do we know of dragons?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 220 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 19:40
The road to Veroignr
As much as Balir wants to check the now dead tower servant for valuables, his job is to guard the rest of the group.  He does, however, find himself edging slowly towards the door, as he can't quite contain the pull of coin.

OOC Is the door open, and can he see the hallway if it is?
Narrator
 GM, 7299 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:21
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 675):

There were four doors exiting the central area, there sounded like stairs in two directions.
The door had closed soundlessly behind the servant. Now that it has been lying on the ground, a very small amount of blood is leeching out of the wound.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 223 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 23:46
The road to Veroigne
Balir notices the creature he just slew is bleeding.  While it doesn't mean much to him, he takes it to mean they can be killed.  carefully, he approaches the door where the creature came from.

OOC If he can push the door open with his shield, he will.  Don't know how it latches, nor whether it opens in or out.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 978 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 04:53
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 677):

Kirpich will stop to see if it is actually dead...
Narrator
 GM, 7306 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 19:19
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 675):

The body is cold snd unmoving, the bleeding seems to indicate that the patient had verynlittle blood.

Diagnosis or Thanatology.
A search or per-4 roll also.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 979 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 20:31
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 679):

Kirpich examines the body closely...
Aethul
 player, 125 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 21:47
The road to Veroignr
He also looks it over closely then searches it
Narrator
 GM, 7312 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:24
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 681):

The servant wears an iron chain with a small silvered pendant, perhaps worth $40, and has a plain silver ring worth maybe $50.
He appears to be of greatly advanced age, and it was some sort of miracle that he could stand with that little blood. The bones seem stronger than someone would with this sallow skin.

As you examine the body, the few drops of blood merge, and togethrr they roll to a crack in the floor, where they disappear.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 980 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:47
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 682):

"Odd, something is not right. Perhaps we should deal with a few more servants before dealing with the master..."
Aethul
 player, 126 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 01:59
The road to Veroignr
It is unnatural to say the least ... the silver is worth a little.   He'll take the ring and break the pendant off of the iron, putting it in a small pouch as well.
Narrator
 GM, 7319 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 13:35
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 684):

It is a silvered iron pendant, you need to take the chain as well.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 981 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 18:27
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 685):

Kirpich is more concerned with what the servant is than his jewellery...Is the servant an undead of some description?
Aethul
 player, 127 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 21:54
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 685):

Wilco
Narrator
 GM, 7332 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:23
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 686):

The servant was not undead, but a thrall altered by being fed on by, and having consumed the blood of vampires.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 982 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:39
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 688):

"We definitely have a vampire problem here. Though the master may be something else..."

He decapitates the servant just in case...
Narrator
 GM, 7337 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 20:12
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 689):

make another roll regarding the two smoldering in the sunlight.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 224 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 21:53
The road to Veroignr
At that comment, Balir backs away from the doot a minute, and half turns to face the rest of the group.

"They can be killed, these things?  I have heard the stories, but do not know what to make of them."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 983 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 22:49
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 691):

"Not sure. Maybe we should take off their heads just in case..."
Aethul
 player, 128 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 03:17
The road to Veroignr
I had heard it was a wooden stake through the heart...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 984 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 05:45
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 693):

"Can we do both?"
Aethul
 player, 129 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 17:17
The road to Veroignr
I cannot see why not ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 985 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 19:48
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 695):

Kirpich will remove the heads of the two smoking ones...
Aethul
 player, 130 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 23:50
The road to Veroignr
We looks for wood staves to pound into the corpses ... Not having a hammer ... Kirpich , can your golem pound these into their heart?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 986 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 06:02
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 697):

"Chunky is an Earth or rather stone, elemental. I am sure he can...Chunky, please..."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 110 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:30
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 697):

To get suitable wood, you can hack up the front door. Kirpich needs an axe or a sword to perform a decapitation. Snorri has an axe and helps hack down the door, and then decaptiates the bodies.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 987 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:33
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 699):

Hmmm, good point. Technically a pick could be used, but it would be messy! He asks if anyone has a spare axe he could borrow...
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 111 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 19:27
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 700):

The Shevnian fighter cleaves off the two courtier's heads, his magucal axe sizzling as it cuts, and there is a stack of stakeable wood from the door.


Per rolls!

he is out on the landing with the bodies. Where is everyone else??

This message was last edited by the player at 19:27, Sat 01 Feb.

Aethul
 player, 134 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 21:21
The road to Veroignr
He is outside fixing the staves up...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 989 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:32
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 701):

Kirpich is also on the landing with the bodies...as he was he one trying to remove heads...and discovering a pick was not the weapon of choice.

Edit: I just checked his character sheet...did he not get a chance to rest after arriving here?

This message was last edited by the player at 10:14, Sun 02 Feb.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 226 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 3 Feb 2020
at 16:08
The road to Veroignr
Balir is standing guard in the room, trying to make sure that nothing comes through the doors to attack them.  He fancies himself the guardian of the group, and is trying to take it seriously.
Narrator
 GM, 7381 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 17:47
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 703):

you had ten minutes before taking down the door, and another 5 after thant while waiting on the servant.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 991 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 19:55
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 705):

But no significant rest? Kirpich will want to rectify that, for at least a few hours.
Narrator
 GM, 7383 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 01:19
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 706):

Here, in the vampires tower?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 992 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 22:09
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 707):

Hmmm, no probably not just here...perhaps out at that burnt out farm? He will suggest that to the others...
Narrator
 GM, 7410 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 21:03
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 708):

That sounds much safer.
Aethul
 player, 135 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 21:42
The road to Veroignr
OK, Off we go...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 227 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 22:51
The road to Veroignr
Balir will back away from the door very reluctantly as the others withdraw.  In his mind they could easily storm the tower and take all the gold and jewels from within.  Instead he forms a rear guard against attack from the Vampyres.

Once they are again back in the sunlight, he whirls around to look at the rest of the group.  "Vy are ve leaving?  They obviously ahve gold in zat tower.  Those guards fell easily.  Ve could have had their riches by now!"

His tone is strained, possibly even exasperate, as he asks the question.

OOC: Yeah, greedy.  Sorry.  :)
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 993 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 23:37
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 710):

The farm where the beast has struck... what could go wrong? We head there and look for a secure building, preferably 2 floors...

"Yes. We should recover our strength before attacking the full force."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 228 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 23:58
The road to Veroignr
The party is walking back to the farm.  Balir stops outside the tower and does not move.  He will not leave even if the rest of the group does not appear to be stopping.  The whole time he complains more about their current activity.

"Ve could have been done by nightfall.  Zey were easy.  Not even a challenge for Earthwarden.  Ve are leaving riches behind, and zey vill surely hide zem.  I hate zat ve are doing zis...."

Balir will not stop complaining to anyone who will listen.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 994 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 00:32
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 713):

"Well, I used all my strength getting us here, so I am not going to be any help. You want to go killing unkillable things, go for it. I need to go recover in case someone actually needs healing."

He continues to leave.
Narrator
 GM, 7412 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:43
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 714):

The stairs around the tower wind slowly to the ground, the headless, smoking bodies still await staking.
Aethul
 player, 136 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:58
The road to Veroignr
Umm... I though I had brought those stakes and Chunky had pounded them into place.
chunky
 player, 12 posts
 small elemental
 He will rock you!
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 02:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 716):

Likewise thought so...will do this before leaving...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:33, Thu 13 Feb.

Narrator
 GM, 7419 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 21:06
The road to Veroignr
In reply to chunky (msg # 717):

Retconning

When the stakes were pounded and heads cut off, the bodies crumble into dust, leaving tatterd clothing behind.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 995 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 21:27
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 718):

Then we will take the stakes and head out in peace...
Aethul
 player, 137 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 22:33
The road to Veroignr
Sorry, don't want those stakes... we can get more elsewhere.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 229 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 22:38
The road to Veroignr
Balir sits quietly outside the tower, sharpening his axe.

OOC He won't be right outside the door.  That would be foolish.  He'll be somewhere close, but not to the stables.  Like a landing in the stairs, or maybe at the base of the stairs.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 996 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 01:07
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 721):

"As long as we have some stakes...lets get to the farmlet and come back in the morning."

He heads out immediately.
Narrator
 GM, 7428 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 15:22
The road to Veroignr
You all descend the steps, and head to the gate, which, while locked and secured against evil forces, has a passage under it that is not so defended.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 230 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 17:37
The road to Veroignr
Balir waits for probably 15 minutes, maybe even more.  When no one makes an effort to talk him out of staying, he decides to follow the group, grudgingly.  And he will complain for a good 30-45 minutes about the gold they are surely leaving behind in the tower.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 997 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 724):

Kirpich will ignore Balirs' complaints; he is just too tired to care.

He will lead them back to the demolished farm to find some place they can hide and rest.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 124 posts
 traveling magician
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:36
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 725):

Marlena sets to work magically cleansing the interior of the shell of the farmhouse,  green sparks crackling around her.
Narrator
 GM, 7462 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:23
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 726):

Who is keeping watch? Snorri will take a watch with Kirpich, and marlena with one of the fighters
Balir Ironhide
 player, 234 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:37
The road to Veroignr
Balir will keep a watch, but he is not the one organizing.
Aethul
 player, 138 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:40
The road to Veroignr
He will also pull a watch ... and organize one if need be ... There are at least 4 of us, so 3 hour shifts; or two hour and a half shifts if preferred.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 998 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 23:58
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 729):

Kirpich will keep last watch. He needs to recover.
Narrator
 GM, 7480 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 14:29
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 730):

Give me an order. Dionysus will accompany Balir, Aethul with Marlena, Snorri with Kirpuch, who am I missing?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 999 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:35
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 731):

Order you mentioned them sounds good, unless anyone else has preferences.
Aethul
 player, 139 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 02:11
The road to Veroignr
Two on at a time is safer, but causes a lot os lost sleep and makes it hard to stay awake 4 hours or so, if we stand along it's only two hour shifts and maybe Chunky can help.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1000 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 03:47
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 733):

Chunky will help Kirpich and everyone else, but his observation skills leave a lot to be desired, as does his ability to engage in conversation good for keeping folk awake! Two hour shifts result in disturbed sleep, so not so good. Three hour shifts will grant at least 6 hours of sleep, may be better. Kirpich will need a good sleep though.
Aethul
 player, 140 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 18:22
The road to Veroignr
I assumed a 12 hour break with everyone getting 4 hours of guard and 8 hours of sleep. Or as I was thinking, two hours of guard duty and 10 hours of sleep/break.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 235 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 18:27
The road to Veroignr
Balir is more help than lead, plus he's grumbling about all the gold he should already have in his pouch...  Not much help on the planning side of things.
Narrator
 GM, 7492 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:11
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 736):

ok watches done. What precautions are being made; what is being done with the light amultet?
Aethul
 player, 141 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:12
The road to Veroignr
Put it away where it does show, but can be pulled out easily enough... like a small leather pouch.
Narrator
 GM, 7498 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:57
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 738):

so the camp is only illuminated by the campfire, and given the walls, barely that is visible, yes?
Aethul
 player, 142 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 02:43
The road to Veroignr
I would think so .. and the fire can be kept low and constructed so as to not spread a lot of light around, except for up.
Narrator
 GM, 7501 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:04
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 740):

during the middle watch there is a loud fluttering sound above, and the stars are momentarily blotted out.
Aethul
 player, 143 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 05:02
The road to Veroignr
Who is on guard? Me or Marlena?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1001 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 05:33
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 742):

Also, how much has Kirpich recovered? He has night vision 9, so likely no light needed beyond starlight for him...
Narrator
 GM, 7504 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 21:12
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 743):
This is why I asked for a damn order of watches. Kirpich can't have both a long sleep as stated plus being on whatever watch seems practical.
Let's  call it: d6 roll
balir plus the faun 1-2
Aethul plus marlena 3-4
Kirpich plus chunky and Snorri 5-6


Die roll: 6 so Kirpich, Snorri,  chunky.
Anyone with light sleeper can be awakened in 2 rounds.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:14, Mon 09 Mar.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1002 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 01:01
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 744):

Right. And how much has Kirpich recovered?
Narrator
 GM, 7510 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 14:33
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 745):

4 hours of sleep
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1003 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 19:10
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 746):

Ok, ample time to have fully recovered, even after casting Major healing to heal his HP. Thank you.

Kirpich will investigate the noise, not needing light.
Mosura
 NPC, 1 post
 giant moth
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 23:39
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 747):

A massive moth, maybe 6 yards accross, has been circling your camp, as the night is cloudy and the moon is not visible.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1004 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 08:45
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Mosura (msg # 748):

Kirpich is concerned by that, and creates a stone missile which he flings at the creature.
Mosura
 NPC, 2 posts
 giant moth
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 13:18
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 749):

The creature makes a high pitched sound, and flies off, shedding dust...

Make a ht roll, modified by will

This applies to those sleeping as well, bonus vs metabolic hazards applies

This message was last edited by the player at 13:20, Fri 13 Mar.

Balir Ironhide
 player, 236 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 14:28
The road to Veroignr
Balir sits up as he hears the high pitched noise, and a layer of the dust hits him square in the face.  He sputters a bit, but thankfully was just exhaling so he does not breath it in.

OOC  Balir will stand up, and equip his axe.
Aethul
 player, 144 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 19:37
The road to Veroignr
Aethul is startled awake by the noise, but the dust falls on the sleeping bag pulled over his head.

What was that?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 237 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 21:02
The road to Veroignr
Balir blinks and shakes his head, and some dust shakes off.  Then he responds "I dunno, just reacted to ze noise."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1005 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 22:03
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 753):

Kirpich saw it coming and avoided it.

"A large moth. It took off after I threw a stone at it..."

[OOC: How is HT modified by will?]
Aethul
 player, 145 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 22:52
The road to Veroignr
Was it causing trouble? Normally moths are harmless to people and animals.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1006 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 00:59
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 755):

"This one was very large, and circling us. I did not want to wait for evidence of more trouble..."
Aethul
 player, 146 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 02:57
The road to Veroignr
Odd ... how big is large?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1007 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 03:19
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 757):

"Maybe 6 yards across..."
Narrator
 GM, 7536 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 19:38
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 754):

Everyone has to make the roll. It is vs a hallucinogen toxin, that is resisted by ht, modified by will penalty/bonus as found in adv/dis.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1008 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 21:38
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 759):

Who are we waiting on? My roll is above...
Aethul
 player, 147 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 23:09
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 758):

That is really huge... wish I had seen it...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1009 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 03:19
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 761):

"Stay alert in your watch, and you probably will. Seems drawn to our campfire...like a moth to a flame!"
Aethul
 player, 148 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 15 Mar 2020
at 03:24
The road to Veroignr
Ah, but you were the last watch ... but I shall keep looking for it and other things.
Narrator
 GM, 7538 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 00:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 760):

We are waiting on EVERYONE  to roll.
Aethul
 player, 149 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 04:48
The road to Veroignr
I did roll... let me find it ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1010 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 07:09
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 765):

Mine in post #754...
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 125 posts
 traveling magician
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 17:33
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 766):

Marlena drifts into a very deep sleep.
Everyone else seems unaffected...waiting on Balir's roll
Balir Ironhide
 player, 238 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:06
The road to Veroignr
OOC Balir was the first person to roll.  He failed the straight HT roll, but made it with Will.  It's in his initial response to the moth in a PM.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:06, Mon 16 Mar.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1011 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:50
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 767):

Kirpich goes to analyze if the sleep is magical or natural, ie the person will wake in normal time.
Narrator
 GM, 7546 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 19:53
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 769):

Ty Balir.

This appears to be an inhalable poison. Marlena looks like she will sleep to noon.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1012 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 06:17
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 770):

"No point waking her until she need to be up. She is just sleeping soundly."
Narrator
 GM, 7555 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 19:47
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 771):

When the sun rises, you discover footprints circling your camp where the grass no longer grows.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1013 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 00:14
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 772):

What kind of footprints?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 239 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 00:29
The road to Veroignr
Balir gets up, and takes care of his morning routine.  When he finds out that there are footprints around the camp, he pulls his axe off his belt. and goes out to stand guard while others look at the footprints.
Aethul
 player, 150 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 01:32
The road to Veroignr
He goes out to look at these prints as well
Narrator
 GM, 7568 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:02
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 775):

They seem to be human, clad in thin pointed shoes. There are several pair, and they seem easily trackable.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1014 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 776):

Kirpich wll try to track them, once the group is up and together...

He does pretty well...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 241 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 20:16
The road to Veroignr
Balir stays close to Kirpich, but off to the side so as not to interfere with the tracking part of things.
Aethul
 player, 151 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:16
The road to Veroignr
Very slender ... mayhaps Elves?
Narrator
 GM, 7575 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 19:44
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 779):

Prints like these were made in the dust in the tower. The style of shoe (overly long and pointy) is slightle out of vogue by a generation or two, but is making a comeback.

Some prin from the tower, and some head vack that way, with signs of something (Or several somethings)  being dragged back that way.
Aethul
 player, 152 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 21:32
The road to Veroignr
He looks around to see if the group is missing anything.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1015 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 22:26
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 780):

Can Kirpich recognize anything they were dragging? All members, including mounts, of the party accounted for?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 243 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 23:25
The road to Veroignr
Balir generally stands around keeping watch, but he does show interest in what is being researched.  He focuses most of his questions at Kirpich, since he seems to be the person Balir is most comfortable with.
"What do you think it was?  People from the tower?"
"They didn't get any of our animals did they?"
"What are you looking at to try and figure out what made the tracks?"
"Do you think it was elves?"

After the last question Balir pauses a moment, before continuing on with his conversation.
Narrator
 GM, 7582 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:00
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 783):

At least one loojs like humanoid heels being dragged, but also sheep, and an entire cow dragged between two people.
Aethul
 player, 153 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:18
The road to Veroignr
Somebody was hungry...  the possible Human is a concern.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1016 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 785):

"Possibly elves, Balir, or at least they may have been once. We should pack up camp and follow them I think."

Once packed up, Kirpich will follow the tracks to see where they lead...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 244 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:37
The road to Veroignr
Balir will assist and then move to the front so whoever does the tracking has his protection.

He will continue to ask questions about how they were tracking, what they keyed off of when doing it, and that sort of thing.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:38, Fri 27 Mar.

Aethul
 player, 154 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 03:56
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 786):

I expect that they go back to that fortification we just left ... but let us be certain.
Narrator
 GM, 7594 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 18:21
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 788):

Younare able to track the prints and drag marks back to the ramp you created under the tower gate.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1017 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 789):

Now that we have recovered, Kirpich will suggest following them and attacking those within...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 245 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 19:43
The road to Veroignr
Balir listens to Kirpich.  He agrees with his opinion, since that is where all the gold would be.  "Ve could vait out here and kill zem as they come out for food.  A seige might make it easier.  But, I prefer to go in and kill zem directly.  Should not be too hard."
Narrator
 GM, 7599 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 14:47
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 791):

In the distance behind you, you hear a roar.
Aethul
 player, 155 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:03
The road to Veroignr
Sounds like company ... maybe we should direct it in here ... then close the ramp back up.
Narrator
 GM, 7606 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:57
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 793):

per rolls to figure where and what is doing the roaring
Balir Ironhide
 player, 246 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:26
The road to Veroigne
Balir pivots on his heel, and marches back to put himself between the roaring and the rest of the party.  His axe is in hand, and ready, as he waits to see what might appear.  He chats a bit as he takes position.
"What do you think it is?"
"I have not heard quite that roar before."
"It came from over there."

Narrator
 GM, 7610 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 795):

There is something on the near horizon (about a half a mile or so out) that looks kind of reddish. If it is that far, it is probably something around six or seven yards long, and probably taller than a man.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 247 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 20:08
The road to Veroigne
"If zat is as big as it seems, ve should get ready."

Balir takes a few more steps out in front of the group, and looks for a good defensible area where he might bottleneck the creature, or have protection on a flank.

"Ve don't vant zis in front of us and ze Vampyre behind us."
Narrator
 GM, 7612 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 21:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 797):

The distant thing turns, either toward or away from you (it is about as wide as it is tall) and then it seems to get low to the ground... until you can't see it any more.
Aethul
 player, 156 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:00
The road to Veroigne
Interesting but likely more than we wish to see, my guess is a Salamander ... a right damn big one too.
Narrator
 GM, 7613 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 13:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 799):

At this distance it is hard to see, but it had more legs than most creatures.

This corresponds to the oversize burnt footprints you had seen when you first arrived.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1018 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 22:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 800):

"I wonder if that thing can be sent against the vamps?"
Narrator
 GM, 7624 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 21:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 801):

You need to bring it close enough to do that.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1019 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 05:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 802):

"Well, that thing seems to be what we are paid to deal with. Let's go get it...or at least get it's attention."
Aethul
 player, 157 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 20:15
The road to Veroigne
Not sure exactly what it eats, but the farm it ravished is a hint ... We may well be on it's tasty bits list. How fast can you move?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 248 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 00:30
The road to Veroigne
"I can protect you from it.  Do not worry."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1020 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 01:41
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 805):

"Hmmm. Perhaps we can split into two groups. One group move fast and go and attract the beast, and the second group get the locals out of this building, or at least clear a room with a small entrance so the faster group can retreat here. Or do you think we should deal with one group at a time?"
Aethul
 player, 158 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 03:44
The road to Veroigne
There is a slight chance I could soothe it and keep it from just tearing into us. Balir, my Friend, I respect your courage and ability, but if that is indeed a salamander, you and six men like you are not its match here in the open. It is a truly fearsome beast. Think a  large slorn that breathes fire.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1021 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 03:51
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 807):

"If you, protected from fire, can convince it to attack the occupants of this place, then we stand a good chance of removing two evils from this land..."
Aethul
 player, 159 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 03:57
The road to Veroigne
I may be able to calm it so it doesn't attack us ... maybe. I cannot direct it to do anything, but a source of food would be a draw, as most such animals think with their belly.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1022 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 04:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 809):

"Can you communicate with it enough to direct it to look here for food?"
Aethul
 player, 160 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 23:56
The road to Veroigne
There is a slight chance, if I can find a deer or other animal it might see as food... but I will not see that animal killed.
Narrator
 GM, 7639 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 21:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 811):

You may be able to track this beast as well...
Aethul
 player, 161 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 23:15
The road to Veroigne
I can certainly track it, although some care is required, lest it circle back to it's tracks.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 252 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 03:39
The road to Veroigne
Balir responds matter-of-factly "Do what you must, I will protect you."
Aethul
 player, 162 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 18:29
The road to Veroigne
He notes Balir's continued over confidence, but nods and smiles. So do we want to track it or try to lure it back here?

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1023 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 22:47
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 815):

"Tracking it will be more certain of killing it, but it may prove a very useful unwitting ally in fighting a greater evil here. Hence, can we lure it here? Is it even feasible?
Aethul
 player, 163 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 02:28
The road to Veroigne
It is feasible to try, I will have to hunt up something as bait and then watch the wind. We will also need to find a safe camp, lest it decide we are more delectable. Fire will be no issue , if it is a beast of fire.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1024 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 07:59
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 817):

"Good idea. We should find a place on the opposite side of this base, so as not to be inside, and also not to distract the beast from here."

He will lead those not going to distract the beast around the stronghold to the other side, and look for a place about a mile or so away...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 255 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 14:51
The road to Veroigne
Since the conversation seems to lapse for a moment while the two experienced trackers are thinking, Balir fills in the space with needless chatter.
"What do those things eat?"
"How fast are they?
"Do they have weak spots you could point out?
"Would they be affected by the cold?"
"Could it also be turned into a Vampyre if the Vampyre win?"

Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 19 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 14:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 819):

"They probably are vulnerable in the eyes at least."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1025 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 12:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 819):

"Not sure,. but good question. Anybody know the answer?"

He thinks a bit...what to roll for the answer?
Narrator
 GM, 7673 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 19:46
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 821):

Physiology: monster at -2
Aethul
 player, 164 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:04
The road to Veroigne
He heads out hunting for something to use as bait.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 256 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:20
The road to Veroigne
Balir is unsure whether he should accompany Aethul or not.  No explanation was given for him leaving the group, but he seemed sure of himself.  After a moment of indecision, Balir decides that Kirpich needs protection more than Aethul, and sticks with the main party.
Narrator
 GM, 7681 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 18:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 823):
Aethul finds the tracks of a rather hurried sheep that must have fled the farmstead when it was attacked. Sheep tend not to run for far, so it should be within an hour's walk.
Aethul
 player, 165 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 19:54
The road to Veroigne
He begins to stalk it, as they tend to loop back around and also tend to group up as best they can.
Narrator
 GM, 7685 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 826):

After about an hour you come upon fresh spoor. The sheep is near.
Aethul
 player, 166 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 19:48
The road to Veroigne
Moving quietly as he tracks, he catches his toe on a root and falls making a fair racket...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1026 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 03:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 828):

Meanwhile, Kirpich leads the group to the other side of the stronghold to look for another farmhouse.
Narrator
 GM, 7691 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 18:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 829):

You are going into the woods that surround the tower?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1027 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 20:16
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 830):

If that is where we need to go to get to the other side of the tower, yes. Is there cleared land somewhere past that?
Narrator
 GM, 7703 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 26 Apr 2020
at 17:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 831):

That might be a day's hike. A lot of the land may have been cleared, but 40 years without being worked takes its toll.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:34, Wed 29 Apr.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1029 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 07:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 832):

Ppl? What is found nearby on the other side of the fortress? Can we find a clearing to camp in? Talking about an hour or so...
Narrator
 GM, 7709 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 17:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 833):

PPL was a phone thing. It likes to spontaneously insert spaces and random letters.

There is a good deal of cleared land (at least a mile's worth South and East)to one side of the raised roadway, and a tangle of overgrowth and fairly mature trees surrounding the tower and its precincts to the west.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1030 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 01:49
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 834):

Ahh, yes, phone trying to o be smart. They need to turn that feature off...

The fire critter is in what direction? Also, what is to the north?
Narrator
 GM, 7713 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:24
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 835):

The beast is to the east. Northport is to thr north.
Aethul
 player, 167 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:45
The road to Veroigne
And the Hunt?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1031 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 22:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 837):

So the to the north or south would get us out of the way of the creature. Are there any structures to the north or south, particularly a little to the west if possible?
Narrator
 GM, 7722 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 May 2020
at 17:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 838):

The tower is the first structure you have seen since the Sahudese villiage a few days ago.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1032 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 2 May 2020
at 23:54
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 839):

...and the broken farmhouse we just spent the night is. So you are saying there are no more broken farmhouses, or indeed farmhouses of any description?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:55, Sat 02 May.

Narrator
 GM, 7729 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 3 May 2020
at 20:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 840):

 You had exited the woods, saw the ruined farmhouse, and headed off to the tower. East...toward the beast...are traces of other ruined buildings, also to the south. To get around the towers woods is a days travel. Although it may be shorter through the woods

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:41, Mon 04 May.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1033 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 3 May 2020
at 20:24
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 841):

South sounds good, most westerly building to the South is well out of the path from the beast to the tower?
Narrator
 GM, 7730 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 May 2020
at 18:43
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 842):

That would be a workable route.

Meanwhile, Aethul has found the lost lamb.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 260 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 4 May 2020
at 19:07
The road to Veroigne
Balir will walk beside Kirpich or lead as they proceed to the enclosure.
Aethul
 player, 168 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 4 May 2020
at 20:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 843):

If it is a lamb, he'll call it over and carry it out ... not going to hurt a Lamb.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1034 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 5 May 2020
at 02:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 845):

Then we head off South to the building...
Narrator
 GM, 7737 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 May 2020
at 17:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 846):

The building, also roofless, is almost sn hour's walk south. Along the way you meet Aethul, lamb in tow.
Aethul
 player, 169 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 6 May 2020
at 22:17
The road to Veroigne
Obviously lost it's mother, hopefully we can find the herd.
Narrator
 GM, 7743 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 May 2020
at 16:46
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 848):

The rest of the herd may have fallen to the beast and the denizens of the tower.
Aethul
 player, 170 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:45
The road to Veroigne
The beast quite possibly. I didn't think the Tower denizens had much use for food.

He does all he can to nurse the lamb along.
Narrator
 GM, 7750 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 May 2020
at 16:45
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 850):

The tower denizens seemed more concerned with precious bodily fluids than meat.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1035 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 12 May 2020
at 23:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 851):

Well, lets home the lamb survives being bait for the beasts. I will re-iterate what the plan is, before heading to the house. Is there any place here with a roof to protect the animals?
Narrator
 GM, 7761 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 14 May 2020
at 17:15
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 852):

The local farmsteads had thatch rooves, which have been recently burned away.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1036 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 14 May 2020
at 21:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 853):

Ok, so we could set up tents, but risk them also burning away. Do they have cellars?
Narrator
 GM, 7770 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 May 2020
at 16:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 854):

How bout some per rolls
Aethul
 player, 171 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 15 May 2020
at 17:01
The road to Veroigne
Almost always alert to his surrounds, Aethul's head stops scanning and looks carefully into the distance.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1037 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 15 May 2020
at 22:16
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 856):

Whilst keeping a good lookout, Kirpich is also busy trying to get the beasts to a safe location, looking for a cellar.
Narrator
 GM, 7779 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 May 2020
at 17:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 856):

Not far from one of the ruined farmhouses. You spot the stone entrance of a root cellar built into a low hill. There is a small door.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1038 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sat 16 May 2020
at 21:24
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 858):

Kirpich will naturally investigate. Is it big enough for the mule?
Aethul
 player, 172 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 May 2020
at 02:58
The road to Veroigne
That would make a nice home for a big lizard, wouldn't it?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1039 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 17 May 2020
at 03:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 860):

Perhaps. But it is out on the plains, last I knew, being tempted by the sheep you have, is it not? Has this changed?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 264 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 17 May 2020
at 03:40
The road to Veroigne
Balir wastes no time.  He pridefully announces "We're in my terrain now", and then marches into the cellar with minimal regard for safety.  He does have his axe ready and his shield armed, but he isn't afraid of whatever he might find in there.
Farm worker
 NPC, 3 posts
 Common laborer
Sun 17 May 2020
at 19:14
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 862):

A woman shrieks as Balur enters the root cellar. And throws her arms out to defend her small children.
Aethul
 player, 173 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 17 May 2020
at 19:41
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 861):

I have no clue as to what tempts it, nor did I see signs of it having eaten. The lamb is in need of care to survive. I doubt such a small critter will attract the lizard or whatever it is.

He moves to the cellar when he hears the scream.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1040 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 17 May 2020
at 21:46
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 864):

So who has gone to the creature in the hopes of finding something to attract it to the stronghold then? Where was the creature last seen?

Kirpich will enter the cellar behind Balar and try to comfort the woman.

"We are neither from the fort nor is the creature here. We did not know this place was inhabited. How many of you are here? Are you safe for now?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1041 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 18 May 2020
at 01:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 865):

Just reading back through the text, Aethul went to catch the lamb in order to use it to draw the beast to the stronghold. Somehow, he seems to have forgotten that when he met the sheep...so is the beast now being drawn to us by his absent-mindedness? if so, Kirpich would be very quick to remind him of the original plan, pointing out that he is now drawing the beast to kill innocent villages instead of vampires...and suggesting in no uncertain terms that he really should be heading back to the vampires castle.

To assist him, he casts resist fire on him.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 265 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 18 May 2020
at 02:30
The road to Veroigne
Balir's eyes go wide, and he steps back half a step in reaction.  He hems and haws a minute, not expecting townsfolk at all...  "Ummm...uh...uhm...  I'm...  I'm sorry.  Ma'am.  Umm.  Yes, sorry to frighten you.  We, uh, thought this would be uninhabited.  There are many...uhm...bad things about.  We didn't expect anyone to still be alive.  I'm...  I'm sorry to startle you.  And your kids.  Sorry, kids..."
Aethul
 player, 174 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 18 May 2020
at 04:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 866):

Actually He did go looking for sheep, but only found a lamb. It's a baby if the term is unfamiliar, and likely weighs less than 20 pounds. It is too small to be useful as bait, so he brought it back to the group. Also baby animals have very little scent as a means of protection. This woman may be glad to get it as a future source of milk, or perhaps meat if it is a male.

As bait, it is pretty useless.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1042 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 18 May 2020
at 06:01
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 868):

Lol, grew up on a (hobby) sheep farm, with only 200 sheep, but enough to be familiar with them. 'Lamb' covers anything up to a yearling, and if this one has legged it from this giant lizard, it is no 20 lb baby (Lambs that size are not usually weaned and bleat incessantly for their mothers, and it would have been tracked and eaten pretty quickly as a result! Again, from experience, that bleating can be heard at least a mile away, especially if you are trying to sleep...) Lambs can be pretty much fully grown and still called lambs...was the Narrator specific about the size? Lamb chops come from such yearlings, by the way, they are great to eat...from plenty of personal experience!

Of course, if it is a female, it may be better to give to the farmer. Did you check?
Aethul
 player, 175 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 18 May 2020
at 17:41
The road to Veroigne
That is the US definition of Lamb as well, but Lamb, as I learned in the Mid-east and Mediterranean is milk fed, once it stops nursing it is a yearling.  That is the interpretation I have used.  Domestic sheep are dumb as rocks, generally.  Those lambs that are a bit less domesticated are much less likely to bleat mindlessly for just the reason you state.  Assuming this is a 16-20 foot long lizard/Slorn/Salamander, It isn't going to spend a lot of time tracking a snack if better pickings are around ...  The Narrator may correct as he sees fit. I did an even/odd roll on my desk and it came up male ...
Narrator
 GM, 7793 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 May 2020
at 17:13
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 870):
 The sheep is a yearling, and weighs a bit more than 20lbs. The beast, if your appreciation for distance serves you well was larger than your estimate, but at that distance, you are uncertain.
Narrator
 GM, 7794 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 May 2020
at 17:15
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 867):

"Have you seen Jean? He went out last night to see if the beast was gone and never returned! Is it still about?"
Aethul
 player, 176 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 20 May 2020
at 18:09
The road to Veroigne
We have seen no one, Jean is your spouse? Perhaps I can track him ...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1043 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:31
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 873):

"Unfortunately it is, though it is not the only threat, particularly at night. Vampyre also roam in these parts based in the fort."

How far away was the beast when we last saw it, and was it coming in our direction?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 266 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 May 2020
at 22:16
The road to Veroigne
Balir shakes his head.  These fools weren't thinking about the important details.  It was left for him to correct their thinking a bit.  "How was he armed?  Did he have the proper gear to defend himself?  Or, was he dressed to be stealthy, and try to avoid the dangers?

I expect you had to leave the burned out farm houses to take shelter here.  Did he go back to recover some of your personal belongings?  Or was he foraging for food?

We will find him.  Don't worry.  And we can keep you safe from the dangers outside.  We are here to face them, and defeat them."


With a bit of a flourish, Balir carefully lifts his Axe, Earthwarden, so that it gleams in the light.
Farm worker
 NPC, 4 posts
 Common laborer
Fri 22 May 2020
at 17:40
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 874):

"Wait... the Vampyres are about? How did they escape the tower where they have been imprisoned?"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:44, Mon 25 May.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1044 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 876):

"How were they imprisoned there? They seemed free to travel when we arrived there."
Farm worker
 NPC, 5 posts
 Common laborer
Mon 25 May 2020
at 15:44
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 877):

"The gate and walls were warded against their departure. They have not been about since my mothr was a child!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 270 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 25 May 2020
at 16:39
The road to Veroigne
Balir, who knows nothing about these things, asks "Could we have somehow damaged that ward by entering the tower?"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:40, Mon 25 May.

Aethul
 player, 177 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 25 May 2020
at 19:24
The road to Veroigne
Likely so...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1045 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 25 May 2020
at 20:58
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 880):

"The tunnel will need to be resealed then...perhaps after we put the beast in though."
Aethul
 player, 178 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 26 May 2020
at 02:17
The road to Veroigne
Perhaps better we dispatch the beast lest it become like them...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1046 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 26 May 2020
at 07:57
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 882):

"You may be right. I had in mind to follow it in, and then after they were weakened fighting each other, to make sure all died..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 271 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 26 May 2020
at 16:03
The road to Veroigne
"I don't think it would be any problem to take the salamander or the vampyre."
Aethul
 player, 179 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 26 May 2020
at 17:00
The road to Veroigne
Or both at once I presume? But I am thinking it might be tougher than you think, Balir   he smiles at Balir. You are too courageous for your own good I fear.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1047 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 26 May 2020
at 21:02
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 885):

"Yes, indeed. Taking them both on at once I do not fancy, but setting them onto each other and then dealing with the left-overs, I am in favour of.

Ma,am, may we leave our beast of burden with you while we go and try to find your husband, and try to deal with the beast?
"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 272 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 26 May 2020
at 21:19
The road to Veroigne
Balir shrugs.  "I am confident.  But the thought of having a vampyre salamander does make me pause.  I do not know the magicks involved, so I cannot say whether that might be possible or not.  But I hope not.

Also, would an equine even fit in here, and would it's smell bring the salamander here?  Or perhaps the vampyre?  If we make the decision, we want to make sure the lady and her children are safe."


OOC  Just voicing the concern that immediately came to me as the player.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1048 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 26 May 2020
at 21:44
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 887):

"Vampyre smell humans, not mules...but if we are drawing off the Salamander, then it should not be an issue..."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 273 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 26 May 2020
at 22:31
The road to Veroigne
OOC  In some vampyre environments, they just need blood.  Typically yes, it's human blood.  Balir wouldn't necessarily know that, however, so I thought it best to at least question that.
Narrator
 GM, 7816 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 28 May 2020
at 19:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 889):

There were signs of sheep having been dragged to the tower by creatures that killed the grass where they walked.


IQ rolls about how to learn more of the beast...
Aethul
 player, 180 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 28 May 2020
at 19:49
The road to Veroigne
He nods at this news   Still a warm blooded animal.
Narrator
 GM, 7823 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 28 May 2020
at 20:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 891):

Maybe ask the local witness
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1049 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 28 May 2020
at 20:59
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 892):

"Maam, what do you know about these things?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 274 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 28 May 2020
at 21:12
The road to Veroigne
Balir considers the data available, and pulls a memory almost forgotten from the stories he was told as a child...
Farm worker
 NPC, 6 posts
 Common laborer
Sat 30 May 2020
at 17:26
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 894):

"The beast? It is a great thing, longer than three cows, with many legs. It spits flame, and fire dribblesfrom its jaw. It digs like a mole, with a fin cutting through the surface. Its footprints smolder."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1050 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 31 May 2020
at 00:23
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 895):

"And what do you know of the vampires?"
Farm worker
 NPC, 7 posts
 Common laborer
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 18:21
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 896):

"The leeches have not been seen since my mother was young, when the tower was sealed by Monseigneur Lareaux towards the end of the plague."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1051 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 20:50
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 897):

"Right. Our plan is to set the beast against them...what do you think about that idea?"
Farm worker
 NPC, 8 posts
 Common laborer
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 15:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 898):

"I...I don't know. Bringing the beast here means it may burrow, and come for us from underneath!"
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 20 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 15:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 899):

"I can see that you might be disconcerted by being devoured underneath although if it were not that beast doing so, it might not be all bad."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 278 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 20:13
The road to Veroigne
Balir's head snaps around at the comment made by the faun.  They had talked plenty during their travel.  Balir considered him a good companion, and had no ill will towards him.  However, this comment came off quite wrong.  "If I took your meaning right, that comes off as a little rude, considering her husband has just disappeared. She's probably very worried about his safety, and keeping her children alive."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1052 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 21:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 901):

Kirpich also did not get the message of the faun, but he did pick up on something the woman said.

"The Beast burrows? It is not mindless?"