The road to Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Balir Ironhide
 player, 239 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 00:29
The road to Veroignr
Balir gets up, and takes care of his morning routine.  When he finds out that there are footprints around the camp, he pulls his axe off his belt. and goes out to stand guard while others look at the footprints.
Aethul
 player, 150 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 01:32
The road to Veroignr
He goes out to look at these prints as well
Narrator
 GM, 7568 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:02
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 775):

They seem to be human, clad in thin pointed shoes. There are several pair, and they seem easily trackable.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1014 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 776):

Kirpich wll try to track them, once the group is up and together...

He does pretty well...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 241 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 20:16
The road to Veroignr
Balir stays close to Kirpich, but off to the side so as not to interfere with the tracking part of things.
Aethul
 player, 151 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:16
The road to Veroignr
Very slender ... mayhaps Elves?
Narrator
 GM, 7575 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 19:44
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 779):

Prints like these were made in the dust in the tower. The style of shoe (overly long and pointy) is slightle out of vogue by a generation or two, but is making a comeback.

Some prin from the tower, and some head vack that way, with signs of something (Or several somethings)  being dragged back that way.
Aethul
 player, 152 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 21:32
The road to Veroignr
He looks around to see if the group is missing anything.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1015 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 22:26
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 780):

Can Kirpich recognize anything they were dragging? All members, including mounts, of the party accounted for?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 243 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 23:25
The road to Veroignr
Balir generally stands around keeping watch, but he does show interest in what is being researched.  He focuses most of his questions at Kirpich, since he seems to be the person Balir is most comfortable with.
"What do you think it was?  People from the tower?"
"They didn't get any of our animals did they?"
"What are you looking at to try and figure out what made the tracks?"
"Do you think it was elves?"

After the last question Balir pauses a moment, before continuing on with his conversation.
Narrator
 GM, 7582 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:00
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 783):

At least one loojs like humanoid heels being dragged, but also sheep, and an entire cow dragged between two people.
Aethul
 player, 153 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:18
The road to Veroignr
Somebody was hungry...  the possible Human is a concern.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1016 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 785):

"Possibly elves, Balir, or at least they may have been once. We should pack up camp and follow them I think."

Once packed up, Kirpich will follow the tracks to see where they lead...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 244 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:37
The road to Veroignr
Balir will assist and then move to the front so whoever does the tracking has his protection.

He will continue to ask questions about how they were tracking, what they keyed off of when doing it, and that sort of thing.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:38, Fri 27 Mar.

Aethul
 player, 154 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 03:56
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 786):

I expect that they go back to that fortification we just left ... but let us be certain.
Narrator
 GM, 7594 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 18:21
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 788):

Younare able to track the prints and drag marks back to the ramp you created under the tower gate.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1017 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 789):

Now that we have recovered, Kirpich will suggest following them and attacking those within...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 245 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 19:43
The road to Veroignr
Balir listens to Kirpich.  He agrees with his opinion, since that is where all the gold would be.  "Ve could vait out here and kill zem as they come out for food.  A seige might make it easier.  But, I prefer to go in and kill zem directly.  Should not be too hard."
Narrator
 GM, 7599 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 14:47
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 791):

In the distance behind you, you hear a roar.
Aethul
 player, 155 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:03
The road to Veroignr
Sounds like company ... maybe we should direct it in here ... then close the ramp back up.
Narrator
 GM, 7606 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:57
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 793):

per rolls to figure where and what is doing the roaring
Balir Ironhide
 player, 246 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:26
The road to Veroigne
Balir pivots on his heel, and marches back to put himself between the roaring and the rest of the party.  His axe is in hand, and ready, as he waits to see what might appear.  He chats a bit as he takes position.
"What do you think it is?"
"I have not heard quite that roar before."
"It came from over there."

Narrator
 GM, 7610 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 19:39
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 795):

There is something on the near horizon (about a half a mile or so out) that looks kind of reddish. If it is that far, it is probably something around six or seven yards long, and probably taller than a man.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 247 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 20:08
The road to Veroigne
"If zat is as big as it seems, ve should get ready."

Balir takes a few more steps out in front of the group, and looks for a good defensible area where he might bottleneck the creature, or have protection on a flank.

"Ve don't vant zis in front of us and ze Vampyre behind us."
Narrator
 GM, 7612 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 21:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 797):

The distant thing turns, either toward or away from you (it is about as wide as it is tall) and then it seems to get low to the ground... until you can't see it any more.