The road to Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Syvanus
 player, 861 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 18:14
The road to Veroigne
Syvanus indicates a decent looking spot a short ways off the trail.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 836 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 19:33
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 87):

Kirpich creates some food out of grasses and waits to be directed by the others for a spot to rest.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 41 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 28 Jan 2019
at 22:26
The road to Veroigne
Balir doesn't yet have very many skills for traveling on the surface.  He'll take on the role of security while the rest of the group goes about their important business.  He'll observe them to see what he can learn, but if there's any hint of danger he'll strap on his shield and be ready to defend the group.
Narrator
 GM, 5846 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 Jan 2019
at 20:45
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 89):

The camp is comfortable and near a water source, to which Snorri leads the mule, but it is fairly easy to see from the road where it sits in an abandoned field.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 837 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 01:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 90):

Once the location is identified, Kirpich makes himself comfortable there. He shapes the earth to offer more concealment, and then rests to recover his strength.
Narrator
 GM, 5851 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 14:47
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 91):

Kirpich raises a berm which obstructs the view from the road.

The tent is assembled, and food prepared.

Who takes watch?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 838 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:11
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 92):

Kirpich, having expended much energy in constructing the berm and providing much food, asks to rest first and take a last watch.
Aethul
 player, 16 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:12
The road to Veroigne
I'll take second watch
Syvanus
 player, 862 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:12
The road to Veroigne
I will take the last watch...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 42 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 30 Jan 2019
at 19:55
The road to Veroigne
Balir will volunteer to take the first watch.
Syvanus
 player, 863 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 01:09
The road to Veroigne
If you don't mind, your excellent night vision would be better used in the dark periods.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 43 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 01:21
The road to Veroigne
Balir is surprised to hear the elf address him directly.  He had done his best to ignore the presence of the sylvan one for most of the trip.  It wasn't anything personal, just that he was an elf.  Still, Balir did see the sense in what the elf was recommending.  As he was the new person in the group, he acquiesced (a bit gruffly).  "Fine, I'll take the middle watch."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 839 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 01:36
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 98):

"Since I am exhausted from casting spells, Syvanus, would you be so kind as to take the first watch for me? I am concerned I may not be my most observant if I have to."
Syvanus
 player, 864 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 03:50
The road to Veroigne
Certainly, but someone will need to take the last watch, one that is often most important....
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 840 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 04:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 100):

"I have twice volunteered for that. I will have my heaviset friend with me as well, as will you all, since he never sleeps."
Syvanus
 player, 865 posts
 Wood Elf
 Archer
Thu 31 Jan 2019
at 20:43
The road to Veroigne
Very well, I shall do the first and you have the Last Kirpich.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 841 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 03:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 102):

"Thank you. Now I think we are sorted out..."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 96 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 16:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 103):

"I will take the last as well."
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 11 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 02:52
The road to Veroigne
"Looks like I will take middle watch then. Who else is with me?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 842 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 03:02
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 105):

"Chunky does not sleep, and can accompany everyone."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 45 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 18:10
The road to Veroigne
"I do not think there is any need Dionysus.  Kirpich seems to feel like one person will be enough."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 843 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 19:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 107):

"Not that I know anything special, but do we have enough members for more? Chunky can always assist as well."
Narrator
 GM, 5873 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 108):

The watches proceed, with each person accompanied by the fairly oblivious elemental.

On the second watch, Dionysus hears something by the stream.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 46 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:56
The road to Veroigne
Dwarves are not generally known for their sensitivity.  In fact, they are most likely loud and boistrous in part because they don't hear well.  Anyone who spends much time in a forge is bound to have ringing in their ears for days afterwards.  The sound of hammers pounding metal can leave it's mark over time.

While that stereotype may not be true for all dwarves, it happens to be true at least in part for Balir.  Between his many days in a forge, and the soft jingling of his heavy mail as he walks patrol, he hears nothing...
Narrator
 GM, 5881 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 19:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 110):

Dionysus can however hear something...