The road to Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 841 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 03:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Syvanus (msg # 102):

"Thank you. Now I think we are sorted out..."
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 96 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Fri 1 Feb 2019
at 16:08
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 103):

"I will take the last as well."
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 11 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 02:52
The road to Veroigne
"Looks like I will take middle watch then. Who else is with me?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 842 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 03:02
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Dionysus Dispatha (msg # 105):

"Chunky does not sleep, and can accompany everyone."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 45 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 18:10
The road to Veroigne
"I do not think there is any need Dionysus.  Kirpich seems to feel like one person will be enough."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 843 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 4 Feb 2019
at 19:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 107):

"Not that I know anything special, but do we have enough members for more? Chunky can always assist as well."
Narrator
 GM, 5873 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:38
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 108):

The watches proceed, with each person accompanied by the fairly oblivious elemental.

On the second watch, Dionysus hears something by the stream.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 46 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 5 Feb 2019
at 22:56
The road to Veroigne
Dwarves are not generally known for their sensitivity.  In fact, they are most likely loud and boistrous in part because they don't hear well.  Anyone who spends much time in a forge is bound to have ringing in their ears for days afterwards.  The sound of hammers pounding metal can leave it's mark over time.

While that stereotype may not be true for all dwarves, it happens to be true at least in part for Balir.  Between his many days in a forge, and the soft jingling of his heavy mail as he walks patrol, he hears nothing...
Narrator
 GM, 5881 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Feb 2019
at 19:56
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 110):

Dionysus can however hear something...
Dionysus Dispatha
 Faun swashbuckler, 12 posts
 Lover and a fighter...
 with two swords.
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 14:17
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 111):

"Hsst Balir, there is something down by the stream!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 49 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 12 Feb 2019
at 15:34
The road to Veroigne
When Balir hears Dionysus, he responds immediately with "I vill go look", and focuses his attention on being quiet.  Balir will approach the location Dionysus indicated quietly and slowly, putting himself between it and the party if possible.
Jelak
 NPC, 1 post
 Grimalkin
Fri 15 Feb 2019
at 21:51
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 113):

By the stream, Balir spots a small catfolk person perched on a mossy rock andfishing with a pole. It turns toward you unsuprised and holds a finger over its lips.

"shhh. Don't scare off the fish."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 52 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 00:10
The road to Veroigne
Balir approaches slowly, and quietly if possible, until he gets to what seems like a polite but safe distance.  Dropping to one knee, Balir will straighten his arm so the shield allows for him to see the catfolk in the eye, and then ask quietly "My name is Balir, but I am not much of a fisherman.  Are they biting?"

After a moment, he will continue "And, what brings you out this far from town?  My group is passing through.  Since you're here, we're wondering if there is any dangers in this area we should avoid?"
Jelak
 NPC, 2 posts
 Grimalkin
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 21:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 115):

"I am not certain this is the best spot, but it was too loud by my camp... one of my companions fancies himself a musician."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 53 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Sat 16 Feb 2019
at 22:33
The road to Veroigne
Well,’perhaps we could discuss it when you are done fishing? And I’m curious what brings you out this far.
Jelak
 NPC, 4 posts
 Grimalkin
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 01:34
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 117):

"There is a little glen,
 full of little dancing men.
There the moonlight shines on those
Who come from beneath the hill.
When comes the dawn, as ever it will
Behind are seen only toadstool rings
Which open again for vagabonds and kings"



The cat pauses in its recitation, as something begins to tug on its line.
Deftly, it flicks its rod, and draws a small fish out of the water.

"I would invite you to join me, but there is barely enough for me."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 55 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 19 Feb 2019
at 04:31
The road to Veroigne
“Thank you kind sir. I vill take your leave and return to my group.  Luck.”

Balir will return to watch and share what he has heard with his fellow watch mate, and then with the next watch.
Narrator
 GM, 5924 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 17:20
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 119):

The rest of the night passes uneventfully, but during breakfast, you hear a distant musical sound, some type of woodwind.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 56 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 18:53
The road to Veroigne
If not already done, Balir will recite the poem he heard back to the group during breakfast.  When he hears the woodwind playing, he'll take note.  However, that wouldn't occur to him to be threatening, so he won't put his shield on his arm or anything.  Instead, he'll ask "What do ve make ov that?"
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 846 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:05
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 121):

"Where did you hear that poem?" Kirpich asked, surprised.

When he heard the woodwinds, he looked around, concerned.

"Did we have guests during the night you did not bother to wake us to meet?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 57 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:28
The road to Veroigne
Balir will shrug and respond to Kirpich.  "During ze night I heard a cat person.  Maybe ve vould call him a Grimalkin?  He vas fishing, and told me that ven I spoke vith him."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:28, Wed 20 Feb 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 847 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 123):

"It never occurred to you it was a distraction? Was someone else awake and on watch while you were chatting with your kitty friend, or was his friend robbing the rest of us blind?"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 58 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:33
The road to Veroigne
Balir opens his hands, palm up, as a way to express a question or uncertainty.  "Dionysus vas here in camp vile I vent to investigate, you should have been safe."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:00, Wed 20 Feb 2019.

Kirpich Rockson
 player, 848 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 19:58
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 125):

"Ah, good. So you did leave a sentry. Just was concerned..."
Narrator
 GM, 5931 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 Feb 2019
at 20:42
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 126):

The wierd music seems a little louder. It seems to have a nice danceable beat to it.




This is the same tune on harpsichord
https://youtu.be/OnrICy3Bc2U