The road to Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Tower Courtier
 player, 5 posts
 Forlorn shade
Sun 24 Nov 2019
at 19:32
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 586):

" We mistrust outsiders, for there is a fever in the blood that must be let to reduce it."
Aethul
 player, 105 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 24 Nov 2019
at 19:35
The road to Veroignr
Ah, That is a bad omen. We have found that letting blood kills more people than the sickness or wounds ever do.
Narrator
 GM, 7060 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 Nov 2019
at 22:40
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 588):

Actually,  minuition is still part of TL 4 physician skill, right along with leeching
Aethul
 player, 106 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 25 Nov 2019
at 22:46
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 589):

Yes Sir... but Aethul, being a ranger has learned otherwise through experience [I think] ... The Arabs for instance, in TL 4 were much better at medicine than western Europe. I don't believe they used blood letting at all.

But you are the GM.
Grimaldi
 player, 539 posts
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 01:45
The road to Veroignr

This message was deleted by the player at 01:46, Tue 26 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7065 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 15:45
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 590):

Effect iui ve or not, it is still considered the standard in Aralaise secular medicine. Esoteric Healing works differently, and bloodletting does reduce fever and slow venom. Does it reduce FP and HP? Yep. Has sterile technique been cinceived of? Nope. Are the rituals for exorcism and cure disease very similar? Yep. We, at TL8 know that it is not good medicine, but at early TL4, it was still considered standard practice for barber surgeons.
Aethul
 player, 107 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 18:03
The road to Veroignr
So you and the master along with the servants have all been bled to resist this disease?  We would not wish to expose you to anything so will with draw.

Aethul steps back and taps Balir to do the same.


OOC- Final Rest is per individual IIRC, Is there anything that might release them all? Exorcism?

This message was last edited by the player at 18:04, Tue 26 Nov 2019.

Tower Courtier
 player, 6 posts
 Forlorn shade
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 20:37
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 593):

The slender figure in its faded finery is silently joined by two others, one a woman. They stare quietly at you.
You notice their nostrils twitch.



Per rolls at -3.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 197 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 21:15
The road to Veroignr
Balir's eyes narrow as he watches the figures in front of him.  While he registers the light hand on his shoulder, he does not step back with Aethul.  Instead, he stands his ground, stepping slightly in front of the group as Aethul withdraws.

This could very quickly get ugly, and he is prepared to defend the group if he needs to.

His right hand wanders down to the hilt of his axe.
Aethul
 player, 108 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 21:47
The road to Veroignr
As he passes Kirpich, he whispers, perhaps a spell of final rest or exorcism?
He stays facing the three silent ones from just inside the door, but carefully makes no hostile action.
Tower Courtier
 player, 7 posts
 Forlorn shade
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 16:38
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 595):

Balir realizes, that except for that sniff, nond of these gaunt figures in their faded finery have been breathing...or blinking for that matter. They stand silently, and you just notice another enter the room through a different  door.

The servant returns, and they all shift subtly to face him.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 198 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:30
The road to Veroignr
Balir's eyes go a bit wide at the realization - and it is a contrast to be sure after they had just narrowed.  He then makes a statement that is as much a question as it is a comment.  "You are not alive because you do not breathe.  Yet you still function.  What horrible thing happened to you here?"

OOC I know it's probably magic and/or animation.  Balir would not necessarily know that.
Tower servant
 player, 5 posts
 Faint presence
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:39
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 598):

"The Master awaits you in his audience chamber."

There is a faint murmur of sighs from the accumulated courtiers.
Aethul
 player, 109 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:32
The road to Veroignr
Who is your master? Perhaps we know of his name?
Balir Ironhide
 player, 199 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 22:54
The road to Veroignr
Balir isn't sure what to do in the moment.  The apparitions in front of him were not openly hostile, but he also felt like a sheep being asked to go meet the lead wolf.  The whole situation felt like a trap to him, and he had real concerns about taking one more step into the keep.  Sure, he was confident he could kill anything that walked, whether it had 4 legs or two.  However, there was still that lingering question in the back of his mind.  He didn't understand at all what was going on.  These creatures were likely magical or spiritual in nature, and he had little understanding of either.  The whole situation was outside his experience.

For the moment he decided to wait, patiently, while the people knew of such things asked questions.  He liked conversation, so he wanted to hear what they had to say.  Plus, there was likely to be gold or other valuables in the keep, if these apparitions were guarding it.  That most certainly held his attention, and was about the only reason he would venture inside to meet their master.  In fact, he found himself perhaps a bit too eager to follow them in and spring the trap, so he could kill them and claim any valuables they possessed.

After a split second of distraction, he pulled his attention back to the job at hand.  Balir was here as the main protector of the group.  He made sure to stay in front of them, in case this did turn hostile.  That was his job, and he intended to do it well if it came to that.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:00, Wed 27 Nov 2019.

Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 121 posts
 traveling magician
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 20:46
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 601):

Marlena glances at Snorri, and back to the others.
"I know that it would be polite to accept, but I am not comfortable with this...especially with them behind  us on the stairs."
Aethul
 player, 110 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 20:59
The road to Veroignr
Aethul turns and smiles at Marlena nodding,  he mouths "lich?"
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 106 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 13:27
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 603):

"No...I think wamphyri"
Aethul
 player, 111 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 16:33
The road to Veroignr
Got a mirror? That may clear things up...
Balir Ironhide
 player, 200 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 20:34
The road to Veroignr
Balir has heard these terms spoken before, but does not really know what they mean.  He'll take his hand off of his axe hilt for a moment and make a circular gesture with his hand, as if to say 'continue with the discussion'.  His eyes don't leave the creatures in front of him, though.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 960 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 01:06
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 606):

Kirpich has been very quiet through this, silently observing.
Tower servant
 player, 6 posts
 Faint presence
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 607):

The servant looks imploringly... and the courtiers look... hungrily?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 961 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:48
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Tower servant (msg # 608):

"Whatever they are, they are not spirits...lets check for Zombies. Hey guys, do you know about Grom? Maybe he can help? "

He presents his Holy Symbol forcefully.
Tower Courtier
 player, 8 posts
 Forlorn shade
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 20:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 609):

"That charm holds no sway over me, dirt worshiper!"
Balir Ironhide
 player, 201 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 20:53
The road to Veroignr
Balir doesn't exactly understand what is going on around him, but he can tell things are getting more hostile.  As before, he stands between the inhabitants of the keep and the rest of the group, and keeps his hand close to the handle of his axe.

Given the tense nature of the exchange, Balir almost can't help himself, and finds himself asking a question.  "So tell me, what were the symptoms of this fever you described?  None of us has any illness that I am aware of."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:53, Thu 05 Dec 2019.