The road to Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Balir Ironhide
 player, 227 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 22:51
The road to Veroignr
Balir will back away from the door very reluctantly as the others withdraw.  In his mind they could easily storm the tower and take all the gold and jewels from within.  Instead he forms a rear guard against attack from the Vampyres.

Once they are again back in the sunlight, he whirls around to look at the rest of the group.  "Vy are ve leaving?  They obviously ahve gold in zat tower.  Those guards fell easily.  Ve could have had their riches by now!"

His tone is strained, possibly even exasperate, as he asks the question.

OOC: Yeah, greedy.  Sorry.  :)
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 993 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 23:37
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 710):

The farm where the beast has struck... what could go wrong? We head there and look for a secure building, preferably 2 floors...

"Yes. We should recover our strength before attacking the full force."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 228 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 23:58
The road to Veroignr
The party is walking back to the farm.  Balir stops outside the tower and does not move.  He will not leave even if the rest of the group does not appear to be stopping.  The whole time he complains more about their current activity.

"Ve could have been done by nightfall.  Zey were easy.  Not even a challenge for Earthwarden.  Ve are leaving riches behind, and zey vill surely hide zem.  I hate zat ve are doing zis...."

Balir will not stop complaining to anyone who will listen.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 994 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 00:32
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 713):

"Well, I used all my strength getting us here, so I am not going to be any help. You want to go killing unkillable things, go for it. I need to go recover in case someone actually needs healing."

He continues to leave.
Narrator
 GM, 7412 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:43
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 714):

The stairs around the tower wind slowly to the ground, the headless, smoking bodies still await staking.
Aethul
 player, 136 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 01:58
The road to Veroignr
Umm... I though I had brought those stakes and Chunky had pounded them into place.
chunky
 player, 12 posts
 small elemental
 He will rock you!
Thu 13 Feb 2020
at 02:22
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 716):

Likewise thought so...will do this before leaving...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:33, Thu 13 Feb.

Narrator
 GM, 7419 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 21:06
The road to Veroignr
In reply to chunky (msg # 717):

Retconning

When the stakes were pounded and heads cut off, the bodies crumble into dust, leaving tatterd clothing behind.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 995 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 21:27
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 718):

Then we will take the stakes and head out in peace...
Aethul
 player, 137 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 22:33
The road to Veroignr
Sorry, don't want those stakes... we can get more elsewhere.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 229 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 22:38
The road to Veroignr
Balir sits quietly outside the tower, sharpening his axe.

OOC He won't be right outside the door.  That would be foolish.  He'll be somewhere close, but not to the stables.  Like a landing in the stairs, or maybe at the base of the stairs.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 996 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 01:07
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 721):

"As long as we have some stakes...lets get to the farmlet and come back in the morning."

He heads out immediately.
Narrator
 GM, 7428 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 15:22
The road to Veroignr
You all descend the steps, and head to the gate, which, while locked and secured against evil forces, has a passage under it that is not so defended.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 230 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 17:37
The road to Veroignr
Balir waits for probably 15 minutes, maybe even more.  When no one makes an effort to talk him out of staying, he decides to follow the group, grudgingly.  And he will complain for a good 30-45 minutes about the gold they are surely leaving behind in the tower.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 997 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Wed 19 Feb 2020
at 19:16
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 724):

Kirpich will ignore Balirs' complaints; he is just too tired to care.

He will lead them back to the demolished farm to find some place they can hide and rest.
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 124 posts
 traveling magician
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:36
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 725):

Marlena sets to work magically cleansing the interior of the shell of the farmhouse,  green sparks crackling around her.
Narrator
 GM, 7462 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:23
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 726):

Who is keeping watch? Snorri will take a watch with Kirpich, and marlena with one of the fighters
Balir Ironhide
 player, 234 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:37
The road to Veroignr
Balir will keep a watch, but he is not the one organizing.
Aethul
 player, 138 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:40
The road to Veroignr
He will also pull a watch ... and organize one if need be ... There are at least 4 of us, so 3 hour shifts; or two hour and a half shifts if preferred.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 998 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 23:58
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 729):

Kirpich will keep last watch. He needs to recover.
Narrator
 GM, 7480 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 14:29
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 730):

Give me an order. Dionysus will accompany Balir, Aethul with Marlena, Snorri with Kirpuch, who am I missing?
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 999 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:35
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Narrator (msg # 731):

Order you mentioned them sounds good, unless anyone else has preferences.
Aethul
 player, 139 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 02:11
The road to Veroignr
Two on at a time is safer, but causes a lot os lost sleep and makes it hard to stay awake 4 hours or so, if we stand along it's only two hour shifts and maybe Chunky can help.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1000 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 03:47
The road to Veroignr
In reply to Aethul (msg # 733):

Chunky will help Kirpich and everyone else, but his observation skills leave a lot to be desired, as does his ability to engage in conversation good for keeping folk awake! Two hour shifts result in disturbed sleep, so not so good. Three hour shifts will grant at least 6 hours of sleep, may be better. Kirpich will need a good sleep though.
Aethul
 player, 140 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 18:22
The road to Veroignr
I assumed a 12 hour break with everyone getting 4 hours of guard and 8 hours of sleep. Or as I was thinking, two hours of guard duty and 10 hours of sleep/break.