The road to Veroigne.   Posted by Narrator.Group: archive 0
Narrator
 GM, 7941 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 19:27
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 961):

Make a land navigation roll, or IQ-6 to accurately gauge the distance.

The smoke is black, as if from green wood.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1071 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 20:16
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 962):

Kirpich has a reasonable idea...

[Private to GM: Rolled 7 under IQ, default roll for navigation]
Balir Ironhide
 player, 290 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 23:32
The road to Veroigne
Balir observes the smoke, but is more interested in their immediate safety than he is something off in the distance.  Others were better at that.

[Private to GM: 17:32, Today: Secret Roll: Balir Ironhide rolled 14 using 3d6.  Balir PER 12.]
Aethul
 player, 202 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 02:51
The road to Veroigne
Who might be burning green wood and why I wonder?  Not likely the beast as green wood needs a constant fire to keep it burning.
Narrator
 GM, 7950 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 20:55
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 965):

Or it could be sleeping among saplings
Aethul
 player, 203 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 22:13
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 966):

And snorting fire in it's dreams... Yeah!  That's possible
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1072 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 02:13
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 966):

Did Kirpich garner any information?
Narrator
 GM, 7957 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 19:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 968):

The smoke looks to be coming from a quarter mile out.
Aethul
 player, 204 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 20:56
The road to Veroigne
He nocks an arrow, holding it and the bow in his left hand, the arrow grasped between his index and middle finger; he moves to see what is making the smoke, looking for a safe place some distance off that will let him see the spot.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1073 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 21:42
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 970):

Kirpich will head in that direction to determine more information...carefully.
Balir Ironhide
 player, 291 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 23:26
The road to Veroigne
Balir steps to the front, and travels along with Aethul, as stealthily as possible.  His axe is in hand and ready, as is his shield.

[Private to GM: He makes it exactly.
17:25, Today: Secret Roll: Balir Ironhide rolled 13 using 3d6.  Stealth 13.
]
Narrator
 GM, 7965 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 19:07
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Balir Ironhide (msg # 972):

Balir manages to move in a way that doesn't  sound too loud to something underground...

The others start moving over the slightly  scorched farmland.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1074 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 20:32
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 973):

"Chunky, why don't you travel in your element, and if you sense this creature underground, attack it from the side, so that it cannot attack you back directly. Fight it underground as a shark would fight a crocodile in the water..."
Narrator
 GM, 7971 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 15:02
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 974):

Chunky has no such ability
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1075 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 20:22
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Narrator (msg # 975):

My bad, I thought all earth elementals had that ability. I should have checked first...
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1076 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 10:06
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 976):

As they go along, Kirpich begins praying for protection from the fiery breath. First for Chunky, then himself, then Balir, then Dionysus. When he comes to Aethul, he stops first and asks if he will help in fighting the creature if he is protected from it's fiery breath.

[Private to GM: Protection from Fire.
19:57, Today: Kirpich Rockson rolled 7 using 3d6.  Resist Fire - Chunky, skill 20
19:58, Today: Kirpich Rockson rolled 14 using 3d6.  Resist Fire - Kirpich, effective skill 19
19:58, Today: Kirpich Rockson rolled 8 using 3d6.  Resist Fire - Balir, effective skill 18
20:00, Today: Kirpich Rockson rolled 15 using 3d6.  Resist Fire - Dionysus, effective skill 17
20:01, Today: Kirpich Rockson rolled 9 using 3d6.  Resist Fire - Aethul, assuming he says he will fight the creature. Effective skill 16.

Total cost 4 fp.
]
Aethul
 player, 205 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 20:56
The road to Veroigne
He again Looks at Kirpich as if he is daft ... Ummm That's why I am going to scout this beast, to see how it can best be dispatched. I had already told you that it is an aberration.
Snorri Roslovich
 NPC, 112 posts
 Shevnian Veteran
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 22:19
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 978):

""There are more of us in this, Kirpich, and ready to fight."
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 126 posts
 traveling magician
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 22:21
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Snorri Roslovich (msg # 979):

"I intend to do my best to lay this thing to sleep, or at least daze it."
Balir Ironhide
 player, 292 posts
 Dwarf
 Warrior
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 23:35
The road to Veroigne
Balir chuckles to himself.  "What you need is another good dwarf or two and this would already be over.  But, I can hold it up and hurt it, if you can but finish it off."
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1077 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Tue 21 Jul 2020
at 07:00
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Marlena DuBois (msg # 980):

"You two have been quiet for so long I forgot about you. I can protect one of you, but not both. Marlene, do you know protection from Fire?"

He attempts to cast protection from fire on Snorri, but it does not work...

[Private to GM: Effective skill, 16, rolled 1 over.]
Marlena DuBois
 NPC, 127 posts
 traveling magician
Thu 23 Jul 2020
at 17:10
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 982):

"Unfortunately,  I do not... I can extinguish fire though."
Aethul
 player, 206 posts
 Shevnian Ranger
Thu 23 Jul 2020
at 18:46
The road to Veroigne
And I can create water in moderate amounts.
Kirpich Rockson
 player, 1078 posts
 Earth Cleric
 He Rocks!
Thu 23 Jul 2020
at 20:30
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Aethul (msg # 984):

Kirpich tries again for Marlena, this time successful.

[Private to GM: Rolled 7 under effective skill of 15.]

"Unfortunately, I cannot protect Snorri. Does anyone want to go back to protect the woman? Or perhaps I can, maintaining the spells..."

[Boss, only 15 more posts before 1000 posts in this thread.]

This message was last edited by the player at 20:30, Thu 23 July.

Narrator
 GM, 8010 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 21:37
The road to Veroigne
In reply to Kirpich Rockson (msg # 985):

Continue in The Beast of Veroigne