An Errand of Mercy.   Posted by Bellarius.Group: 0
Bellarius
 player, 41 posts
 elven Secretary
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 00:50
An Errand of Mercy
After returning to the guild, and heading to their quarters on the second floor, Camilla's secretary Bellarius gestures for the two knights to enter the antechamber of the large conference room.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:19, Sun 31 Mar 2019.

Percival
 player, 28 posts
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 16:50
An Errand of Mercy
Percy and James both enter the antechamber of the conference room, smiling at the elf. "However can we help you?" Percy asked.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:35, Sun 31 Mar 2019.

Camilla
 player, 81 posts
 Guild Broker
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 20:09
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 2):

The inner set of doors open, and a large, lovely women gestures for you to come inside.
"Baronet James, Percival, come inside. These folk need your help"
 Three individuals are sitting at a large conference table, all seem recent victims of violence.

Sitting together are a pair of short haired young women, one with a split lip, the other with a line of bruising accross her throat.
Accross from them is a burly, bearded dwarf with a black eye.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:57, Sun 19 May 2019.

James
 player, 41 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 20:19
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Camilla (msg # 3):

James was in shock as he saw the supposed victims of violence. "However can I help you?" he asked, concerned about them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:36, Sun 31 Mar 2019.

Tilda
 NPC, 1 post
 Archer
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 23:45
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 4):

"Elodie and I were at the Harp on amateur night, listening to Hugo. We had a few, and were a little loud on the way out."
Elodie
 NPC, 1 post
 Sorceress
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 23:53
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Tilda (msg # 5):

"Then I felt something slip over my throat, and I couldn't breathe"
Tilda
 NPC, 2 posts
 Archer
Sun 31 Mar 2019
at 23:55
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Elodie (msg # 6):

"Before I could do anything, they grabbed my arms and another drew my sword."
Hugo
 NPC, 1 post
 Dwarf would be bard
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 00:05
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Tilda (msg # 7):

"I kicked the one who had grabbed the sword, but there was a third. It started going south from there"
You can see that he has a ripped earlobe.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:08, Mon 01 Apr 2019.

Tilda
 NPC, 3 posts
 Archer
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 00:07
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Tilda (msg # 7):

" The one who had Elodie said he was going to squeeze the life out of her if we didn't give them everything. They cut my bowstring."
Elodie
 NPC, 2 posts
 Sorceress
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 00:08
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Tilda (msg # 9):

"They took my wand, and our wedding rings!"
Hugo
 NPC, 2 posts
 Dwarf would be bard
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 00:10
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Elodie (msg # 10):

"They took my axe, my lute, my earring, all of our coin, and then they beat us."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:10, Mon 01 Apr 2019.

Tilda
 NPC, 4 posts
 Archer
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 00:12
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Hugo (msg # 11):

"We had a little coin left in our rooms, it is all we were able to pull together, $234. It is everything. We want our stuff back, and we need your help."
Percival
 player, 29 posts
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 02:36
An Errand of Mercy
"I understand, and you will have our help. Do you have any information on the people who did this to you all?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:16, Mon 01 Apr 2019.

Hugo
 NPC, 3 posts
 Dwarf would be bard
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 19:18
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 13):

"There were three of them, two about your size, one a little leaner. They were all men in their twenties, local, not foreign, little rough around the edges, wearing, I suppose what the young toughs wear, hooded claks and gambesons."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:19, Mon 01 Apr 2019.

Elodie
 NPC, 3 posts
 Sorceress
Mon 1 Apr 2019
at 19:23
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Hugo (msg # 14):

"I don't remember their faces. They smelt of armangac and their breath was foul. I know a spell that will let me find my wand."
Percival
 player, 30 posts
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 00:45
An Errand of Mercy
"I am glad to help, as much as I can."

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:25, Tue 02 Apr 2019.

Tilda
 NPC, 5 posts
 Archer
Tue 2 Apr 2019
at 21:28
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 16):

"Thank you! We need to get started directly, hopefully before they sell our things. We can't afford to buy our things back from a fence, but if they have, we may be able to at least find out which one, and try to get our things back."
James
 player, 42 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 20:03
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Tilda (msg # 17):

"Aye, indeed we must start quickly. Do you remember which way they went?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:54, Wed 03 Apr 2019.

Hugo
 NPC, 4 posts
 Dwarf would be bard
Wed 3 Apr 2019
at 20:55
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 18):

"We were a little intoxicated, and afraid too. Elodie had trouble breathing."
Percival
 player, 31 posts
Fri 5 Apr 2019
at 17:19
An Errand of Mercy
"I understand. I will gather what information I can and then  hunt down these thieves."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:00, Fri 05 Apr 2019.

Elodie
 NPC, 4 posts
 Sorceress
Fri 5 Apr 2019
at 20:05
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 20):

The sorceress begins to cast a spell, looking deep into the cup of water before her.

"The have it still, in a room... in redlight... it is a tavern... the bartender is a big bearded man with a scar... they are dicing for it... there are people playing darts..."
Camilla
 player, 82 posts
 Guild Broker
Tue 9 Apr 2019
at 15:21
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Elodie (msg # 21):

"Now all you need do is find a tavern in redlight with a dart team and a bartender as such."
James
 player, 43 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 19:33
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Camilla (msg # 22):

"Right away. I will do that. Thank you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:24, Fri 12 Apr 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6191 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 12 Apr 2019
at 20:26
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 23):

Make a carousing roll at -4 (your skill is. About 17) to remember the tavern.
Narrator
 GM, 6236 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 21:08
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Narrator (msg # 24):

Ahem.James?
Percival
 player, 32 posts
Fri 3 May 2019
at 01:19
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Narrator (msg # 25):

ooc: sorry, finals week was this week. will roll now.

21:22, Today: James rolled 10 using 3d6 ((3,3,4)).

This message was last edited by the player at 01:22, Fri 03 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6279 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 May 2019
at 18:23
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 26):

James recollects a dive tavern called The Wastrel's Hope in the redlight district that hosted dart games and had a bartender that matched the description. It is only a fifteen minute walk away.
James
 player, 44 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sun 5 May 2019
at 16:08
An Errand of Mercy
James will head to the Wastrel's Hope in the Red Light District.
JeanPaul
 NPC, 38 posts
 burly bartender
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:25
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 28):

At this early hour of the day, the taverns of Redlight are serving a little hair of the dog to last nights over exuberant patrons, and early ales to day drinking ner-do-wells.
A yeasty scent of stale ale greets you from the door, and you can see the beefy barman wiping glasses with a dirty rag.
JeanPaul
 NPC, 39 posts
 burly bartender
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:38
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to JeanPaul (msg # 29):

The bartender eyes your weaponry with suspicion.
James
 player, 45 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Sat 11 May 2019
at 21:28
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to JeanPaul (msg # 30):

James enters the tavern, and explains the situation at hand to the barkeep, asking for any information on anyone who might have knowledge of what happened.
JeanPaul
 NPC, 40 posts
 burly bartender
Sun 12 May 2019
at 21:36
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 31):

"Before I say another thing, I need your word there will be no bloodshed in mybar. Hand over those axes."
James
 player, 46 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Mon 13 May 2019
at 22:44
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to JeanPaul (msg # 32):

"Sir, you have my word that no blood will be spilled. However, I need to keep these axes on my person should the bandits decide to attack first."

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:40, Sun 19 May 2019.

JeanPaul
 NPC, 41 posts
 burly bartender
Wed 15 May 2019
at 15:00
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 33):

"I would note, good sir, that you and your companion are heavily armored, and that your mailed fists might do significant, but acceptable damage."
James
 player, 47 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:01
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to JeanPaul (msg # 34):

"I understand, and will comply."

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:41, Sun 19 May 2019.

JeanPaul
 NPC, 42 posts
 burly bartender
Sun 19 May 2019
at 12:38
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 35):

The bartender nods, and takes your axes and places them below the counter.
"Check the back room. I don't want that kind of rowdies in here. The league would drop my place, and I need the business of the dart players."
Elodie
 NPC, 5 posts
 Sorceress
Sun 19 May 2019
at 12:59
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to JeanPaul (msg # 36):

Elodie casts a defensive spell.
Hugo
 NPC, 5 posts
 Dwarf would be bard
Sun 19 May 2019
at 13:02
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Elodie (msg # 37):

The dwarf turns to the rest of the committee n room where two people are nervously playing darts.
"I will watch our rear, we don't need one of them coming up behind us."
James
 player, 48 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 22 May 2019
at 16:54
An Errand of Mercy
James will quietly enter and look for anything that looks similar to what was stolen.
Narrator
 GM, 6379 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 May 2019
at 18:05
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 39):

The common room of the tavern has a number of benches and beat up looking tables, and two nervous looking dart players, who each have a mug of ale and a trencher of half eaten stew on one of the tables.
There is a door into a back room.
James
 player, 49 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Fri 24 May 2019
at 17:22
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Narrator (msg # 40):

James heads into the back room, then.
Ruffian
 NPC, 1 post
 Common robber
Fri 24 May 2019
at 20:24
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 41):

Within the room are a trio of rough looking young men seated around a table, with the jewelry and wand on the table.
To one side is Hugo's lute.

As you enter, they flip the table and step behind it.
James
 player, 50 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 29 May 2019
at 23:33
An Errand of Mercy
James prepares his fists if a fight would break out. "Gentleman, I believe I need to take those items from you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:17, Thu 30 May 2019.

Ruffian
 NPC, 2 posts
 Common robber
Thu 30 May 2019
at 21:31
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 43):

"The hell you say!"

You notice that they are still wearing their swords...

...not that that matters much with your
heavy armor! Your gauntlets not only let you parry weapons with DR 5, but they allow James to punch for 1d, and Percival can do 1d-1 with his mailed fist.
James
 player, 51 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Fri 31 May 2019
at 22:21
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Ruffian (msg # 44):

James and Percival will both move to disarm the bandits, maybe take their swords until the two surrender.
Ruffian
 NPC, 3 posts
 Common robber
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 13:40
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 45):

Two of the ruffians draw shortswords.
One looks cheap, the other looks nice.
Tilda
 NPC, 6 posts
 Archer
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 13:42
An Errand of Mercy
The archer draws her bow, crying out "That is my sword, you thief!"
James
 player, 53 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 6 Jun 2019
at 22:53
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Tilda (msg # 47):

"You are the ones who stole those items. Give them to me, or face the consequences. Your choice."

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:47, Sat 08 June 2019.

Ruffian
 NPC, 4 posts
 Common robber
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 01:50
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Tilda (msg # 47):

" It is mine now, you tramp! All of it is ours by right of possession"

All three men are now wielding swords!
James
 player, 54 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:25
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Ruffian (msg # 49):

"I know the truth. Lower your weapons, and no one has to be hurt. If not, well..." his pause should hopefully tell then to stand down.
Ruffian
 NPC, 5 posts
 Common robber
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 18:46
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 50):

Not wanting to give up their ill gotten gains, they press it.

The tall thin one immediately throws a large knife at Elodie, but seems surprised when it just misses her. the other two have swords up, and the knife thrower as well ( he seems to be ambidexterous)
James
 player, 55 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 20 Jun 2019
at 18:46
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Ruffian (msg # 51):

At the knife being thrown James will draw his mailed fists and prepare for a fight.
Narrator
 GM, 6485 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 20 Jun 2019
at 19:41
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 52):

Due to your reflexes, both you and Percival can act before them- make an attack roll!  Their defenses are heightened by the table they are behind, but that is for their roll.
You can make a torso punch with no penalty, or go for the hand or face at -5, (or poke them in the eye at -10)
James
 player, 56 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Thu 20 Jun 2019
at 21:15
An Errand of Mercy
17:13, Today: James rolled 11 using 3d6 with rolls of 4,6,1.  boxing for James vs 13.

17:13, Today: James rolled 2 using 1d6+1 ((1)). damage.

ooc: not sure what I'd be rolling against for Percy? Strength?

Narrator
 GM, 6490 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 23:01
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 54):

He should have brawling skill if not boxing
Ruffian
 NPC, 6 posts
 Common robber
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 23:06
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Narrator (msg # 55):

The man's quilted gambeson takes some of the edge off the blow. He counters by trying to stab James, even as Percival's opponent stabs at him, but neither blow penetrates your armor.
Percival
 player, 33 posts
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 14:48
An Errand of Mercy
10:47, Today: Percival rolled 13 using 3d6 ((4,4,5)).
10:47, Today: Percival rolled 13 using 3d6 ((4,4,5)).
Narrator
 GM, 6505 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 17:25
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 57):

You have struck your opponent twice! Roll damage: 1d6 per attack!
Percival
 player, 34 posts
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 00:27
An Errand of Mercy
20:26, Today: Percival rolled 2 using 1d6.

20:26, Today: Percival rolled 5 using 1d6.  dmg.
Ruffian
 NPC, 7 posts
 Common robber
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 18:14
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 59):

The man struck by percivbal reels, and tries unsuccessfully to stab him.

The one on James tries to stab him as well, but the blade fails to penetrate his heavy armor.

The third man tries to throw a knife at Tilda the archer, and it glances off her leather armor.
Percival
 player, 35 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:01
An Errand of Mercy
15:58, Today: Percival rolled 13 using 3d6 ((5,6,2)).
16:00, Today: James rolled 8 using 3d6 ((1,2,5)).
16:06, Today: James rolled 5 using 1d6+1 ((4)).
16:08, Today: Percival rolled 3 using 1d6 ((3)).
ooc: Apologies for the very late reply, had vacation then bad storms

This message was last edited by the player at 20:08, Wed 31 July 2019.

Ruffian
 NPC, 8 posts
 Common robber
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:22
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 61):

That was almost a month!

The ruffian on James is reconsidering his life choices, the one on Percival is having trouble standing.

Tilda lets fly an arrow, which nails the knife throwers cloak to the wall,
Percival
 player, 36 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:42
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Ruffian (msg # 62):

16:40, Today: James rolled 12 using 3d6 ((2,5,5)).
16:40, Today: James rolled 6 using 1d6+1 ((5)).
16:42, Today: Percival rolled 9 using 3d6 ((2,5,2)).
16:42, Today: Percival rolled 3 using 1d6 ((3)).

Both men throw punches once more.
Ruffian
 NPC, 9 posts
 Common robber
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:53
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 63):

Percival's opponent collapses.
James' opponent drops his weapon.
Percival
 player, 37 posts
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:56
An Errand of Mercy
"Now, will you all stand down?"
Ruffian
 NPC, 10 posts
 Common robber
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 00:37
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 65):

"Fine! Take what you want, you brute! I hope you are pleased with yourself, standing up for these two... and their little friend. It is unnatural!"
Percival
 player, 38 posts
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 01:02
An Errand of Mercy
"I am not the brute. You all were the only ones stealing here, and then tried to lie about being thieves. I hope you know what you did."
Ruffian
 NPC, 11 posts
 Common robber
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 01:25
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 67):
"Two of them together lessens my chances twofold. I can understand the Sisterhood of the sword, or the axe maids of Labrys, I mean, what man would want them anyway? Ptooey!"
James
 player, 57 posts
 Knight
 of noble lineage
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 01:28
An Errand of Mercy
Percival and James will gather the stolen items and their things and return back to the tavern.
Tilda
 NPC, 7 posts
 Archer
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 01:35
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to James (msg # 69):

Tilda, Elodie, and Hugo gather their thingd. Tilda glares at the man who throttled her wife, and knock in his teeth with the hilt of her sword.
She turns to the other, who had just spit.
"You never had a chance with more than your hand, you bastard!"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:06, Tue 06 Aug 2019.

Percival
 player, 39 posts
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 02:07
An Errand of Mercy
Percival will just nod and smile
Elodie
 NPC, 6 posts
 Sorceress
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 13:14
An Errand of Mercy
In reply to Percival (msg # 71):

"Come on, Tilda, this piece of shit isn't worth it. Let's just go."

You step out of the back room and out of the bar. You see a cluster of people by the building accross the street.


New in Town is the thread. You can pass through, or continue in this thread.

The trio have paid you $133. Hugo holsters his axe and tries tuning his mandolin.