Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Saishi Jin
 player, 23 posts
 Harvest priest
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 22:04
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 856):

Then Saishi will keep moving and looking/ listening, maintaining his friends...
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1013 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 22:40
Re: Rice Run
Leaving the archer to Ales, Chou-Zhen returns to Ming-Sa, picking up where they had left off on the wall work.

"Perhaps that will teach him something -- if he does not drown in the paddy."
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 11 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:02
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 858):

"That body will have to be cleared before it rots. I think the walls are ready."



Meanwhile,  Saishi needs to make a per roll. The bear tulpa and the wasp swarm tulpa are still intact... make a roll for weirdness

This message was last edited by the player at 14:04, Mon 29 June.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1757 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:40
Re: Rice Run
Chye & Iskander collect their booty, and wait for the soldiers to parley or leave...
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 16 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:51
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 860):

"What do you outlaws intend? The baron will only send more men to avenge this insult?"
Iskander
 player, 1759 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 15:23
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Pequenaud's men (msg # 861):
"We're not outlaws, Senyor. We're housemen of Lord Sakemoko, in Northport.
We've encountered Monsieur Hood's band in the woods, and after hearing their stories of your men's ill-treatment of the villagers, and since the rice crop is so important, we've decided to help The Baronet, who is rightful lord. Monsieur Hood is waiting to support them, and more housemen will arrive from the city to defend our interests here. We really should detain you and release you later, but if we take you back to the village, they may want revenge on you for what you've done to their women, and I don't want to kill you men here, although it would be easier and safer for us...What do you think, Chye?"

Chye Isuel
 player, 1758 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 15:25
Re: Rice Run
"We should take them back to the village, to face justice! Chye think you're being too kind.."
Chye frowns, with his readied polearm.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1014 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 22:30
Re: Rice Run
"We may be done for today, but it will take several days to fully enclose the village, to defend against the Baron's men should they choose to come by another route.

"But I agree, we should check on that archer; perhaps he still lives.  If not, we should be sure he is properly laid to rest, else he rise and haunt the village."


Chou-Zhen loosens his leather whip from his belt and shakes it out with his right hand; he gestures with his left and his lightning whip springs forth.

"Have you a weapon and the desire to come along?"
Saishi Jin
 player, 24 posts
 Harvest priest
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 23:49
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 864):

Have those fleeing left weapons behind, or are they still carrying them? If in full armour and armed, Saishi will continue to chase them until they become fatigued...using the wasps and bear of course.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 17 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 22:46
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Saishi Jin (msg # 865):

The men being pursued by wasps did not abandon their gear, they just turned and ran. They haven't seen the bear yet, as they fled from the wasks, which move faster than the bear... you could direct the bear to head them off and steer them, but the wasps moved more or less in a straight line from where you sent them.
Thewounded men in the creek had thrown down their weapons.
"I don't intend to go back to him, but he has more..."
Iskander
 player, 1760 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 22:52
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Pequenaud's men (msg # 866):

"Why don't you, Senyor? And has more, what..?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1761 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 22:55
Re: Rice Run
Chye gives Iskander the side-eye, clearly beginning to get impatient with the parley. He remained silent though. Perhaps if they played sympathetic man, hard man with these men, they'd give something away...
Saishi Jin
 player, 25 posts
 Harvest priest
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 05:09
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 868):

Saishi will try to get the wasps to steer them back to the bear...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:49, Fri 03 July.

Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 18 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 17:42
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 867):

"Men, he has another full company, some with better armor. He will come for you at some point, whether I live or die."
Iskander
 player, 1761 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 18:18
Re: Rice Run
"Yes, of course Senyor. I had no doubts this will cause a house war. But, this was bound to happen sooner or later. We need some time however, to get back to the city at least, and brief our lord. I want to keep you alive, and release you in Northport, alright? It's for security reasons, Senyors."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:19, Sat 04 July.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1763 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 18:23
Re: Rice Run
"If somebody recognizes you three, for having done something bad...when we get back to the village, you'll have to answer, individually. We won't parade you around, but you'll be a spectacle, and justice will find itself...Let's go, we'll keep the dogs off you, just don't run."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1016 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 00:40
Re: Rice Run
With or without Ming-Sa, Chou-Zhen heads out toward where the archer fell, lightning whip crackling in his left hand, and twitching his leather whip to stay clear of his feet with the right.

"Ales, please come along.  If there is another man or two concealed out there, I may want your assistance."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 850 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 6 Jul 2020
at 05:22
Re: Rice Run
"I was going to suggest coming with you. It would help me plan better how to defend the village."

Ales pulls out his sword and heads out towards the field.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 19 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 19:42
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 874):

To Chye and Iskander: the men look at eachother and swallow.

To Ales: the woods (not field) off of the road has ground
that is marshy. You head into the swampy woods, and find a man face down in a puddle.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1017 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 23:12
Re: Rice Run
"I believe I could breathe in that position, with some effort, but a full human could not.  This one is dead."

Chou-Zhen looks carefully around for any signs there were others with the dead man, then asks Ales to assist.

"I have no skill in tracking -- can you tell if there were others, or if this one gave his life showing his courage to no one?"
Iskander
 player, 1762 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 01:07
Re: Rice Run
Iskander draws his broadsword, and points towards the village.
Looking at the men, he sighs.
"Let's get going, Senyors. I'll try to be your advocate, against mob justice. I didn't patch you three up, just to see you torn to pieces."
He flanks opposite of Chye.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 21:06, Wed 08 July.

Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 20 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 20:38
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 877):

The three hobble along with you.


Chou cannot see any tracks in the swampy area

Saishi can hear the wasps...
Saishi Jin
 player, 26 posts
 Harvest priest
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 02:11
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Pequenaud's men (msg # 878):

Saishi will continue to pursue them, following the bear...
Narrator
 GM, 7956 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 19:30
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Saishi Jin (msg # 879):

Where are you trying to direct them?
Saishi Jin
 player, 27 posts
 Harvest priest
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 21:51
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 880):

Back to the Bear. If I know of the location of any other friendly troops, I will direct them there as well.