Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6225 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 21 Apr 2019
at 18:58
Rice Run
Barley, wheat, flax, and rye grow in the vicinity of Northport, but the children of Sahud crave another grain.

South of Northport, in the barony of Veroigne, that precious crop is cultivated. To that land you travel, with catfolk teamsters and ox drawn wagons.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1458 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 22 Apr 2019
at 02:29
Rice Run
22:24, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  lute ~ 15.
22:23, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  singing ~ 16.

Chye strikes up a tune on his lute, and begins to sing a song called:

"Song of the Wagons!
The wagons rumble and roll,
The horses whinny and neigh,
The conscripts each have bows and arrows at their waists.
Their parents, wives and children run to see them off,
So much dust's stirred up, it hides the Xianyang bridge.
They pull clothes, stamp their feet and, weeping, bar the way,
The weeping voices rise straight up and strike the clouds.
A passer-by at the roadside asks a conscript why,
The conscript answers only that drafting happens often.
"At fifteen, many were sent north to guard the river,
Even at forty, they had to till fields in the west.
When we went away, the elders bound our heads,
Returning with heads white, we're sent back off to the frontier.
At the border posts, shed blood becomes a sea,
The martial emperor's dream of expansion has no end.
Have you not seen the two hundred districts east of the mountains,
Where thorns and brambles grow in countless villages and hamlets?
Although there are strong women to grasp the hoe and the plough,
They grow some crops, but there's no order in the fields.
What's more, we soldiers of Qin withstand the bitterest fighting,
We're always driven onwards just like dogs and chickens.
Although an elder can ask me this,
How can a soldier dare to complain?
Even in this winter time,
Soldiers from west of the pass keep moving.
The magistrate is eager for taxes,
But how can we afford to pay?
We know now having boys is bad,
While having girls is for the best;
Our girls can still be married to the neighbours,
Our sons are merely buried amid the grass.
Have you not seen on the border of Qinghai,
The ancient bleached bones no man's gathered in?
The new ghosts are angered by injustice, the old ghosts weep,
Moistening rain falls from dark heaven, amid their voices..."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:56, Mon 22 Apr 2019.

Miko
 NPC, 20 posts
 Catfolk
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 15:14
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 2):

"Wow, my friend, that is dark."
Narrator
 GM, 6229 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 15:18
Rice Run
In reply to Miko (msg # 3):

Your train of three wagons drawn by teams of oxen make their way from the gates of Sakemoko's compound through dockside and into the temple district before heading out the west gate.  You notice that along the road in the temple district that there are many small shrines to gods both strange and familiar. Most are gods of the empire and the southlands, but there are those of the lands to the far west from whence your ancestors came.  Iskander and Ales notice small shrines to the tripartate god, and to the gods of Shevnia.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 735 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 16:52
Rice Run
As they leave the village, Ales notices the shrines to the various deities. When he sees the shrines to the Shevnian God's and goddesses, he asks if they can stop briefly so that Ales can stop and ask his deities for safe travels.

"With all the craziness we've seen, I think it's better to err on side of caution."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 857 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 23 Apr 2019
at 19:17
Rice Run
"Oxen are slow; if you can pray quickly, you can easily catch up without having to stop the wagons."

Chou-Zhen also looks at the shrines along each side of the road.  His queue lashes once.

"I wonder why these beings have worshipers and shrines, but my father does not?"
Iskander
 player, 1609 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 03:44
Rice Run
Iskander  makes the sign of the cross, at the sight of the cross-topped spires.
He murmurs what sounds like a prayer, in his native tongue.
"Du, guia el nostre cam."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1459 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 03:49
Rice Run
In reply to Miko (msg # 3):
"Yes. Can you feel the resignedness of the conscripts, as they march, knowing their lot?
A song from home, sung by the soldiers in Chye's province, when on the road."




Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 118 posts
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 04:03
Rice Run
"Chye-san. Your song inspires me for a poem, I have been thinking on... Perhaps I will write it down, when we stop, to make camp." OOC: How long is this trip, projected to take?
Chye Isuel
 player, 1460 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 04:09
Rice Run
"Chye like rice, rice like Chye. Chye think rice, from upon high!
When Chye die, do not sigh. Just don't give Chye's rice, to other guy! ...Ha Ha Ha"

Chye improvs a ditty on his instrument, and jokes, contrasting the darkness of his first tune.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:23, Wed 24 Apr 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1610 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 04:20
Rice Run
Iskander interjects:
"cantat com un veritable glutton! Hah!"

This message was last edited by the player at 07:07, Wed 24 Apr 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 119 posts
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 07:02
Rice Run
02:59, Today: Tanaka Kojimaru rolled 11 using 3d6.  poetry 14.
Tanaka recites a poem:
"I've heard them say that Chang'an seems like in a game of chess,
A hundred years of world events have caused unbearable pain.
The palaces of the noblemen all have their new masters,
Civil and military dress and caps are not like those before.
Straight north over mountain passes, gongs and drums ring out,
Conquering the west, carts and horses, feather-hurried dispatches.
The fish and dragons are still and silent, the autumn river cold,
A peaceful life in my homeland always in my thoughts."

Ales Konstantin
 player, 737 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 24 Apr 2019
at 11:07
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 6):

Ales heads quickly to the shrines devoted to the Shevnian shrines devoted to charity, magic, and combat. He drops two silver coins in each of the shrines' collection boxes and prays to the deities.
Before he heads out, he meditates to see if there is any messages from his patron deities.


(Ooc: 07:06, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 7 using 3d6.  Meditation 12, to be receptive to messages from patron deities.)
Narrator
 GM, 6242 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 19:51
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 13):

There may be shapes in the rain... it is not rain8ng yet, and the sky is cloudy.


The head out of the temple gate onto the road. In the distance, just out of bowshot of the walls, are a number of semi-temporaray buildings, most with smallish gardens and not a small number of goats.

Beyond, freshly tilled fields with a scattering of small stone houses extend into the distant treeline. The peasants working these fields are rather drab Aralaise peasants, but not as shabby looking as those living near the huts and shanties. A number of beggars with almsbowls sit near the road, several of them showing signs of injury, like missing limbs or eyes.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:57, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1612 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:14
Rice Run
Iskander takes pity on the group, giving them $65
"Here...buy bread and medicine for yourselves..."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1462 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:19
Rice Run
Although, they aren't his people, Chye is moved by the charity, and by the apparent need of the beggars. "Chye not have much on him, but take these... that's at least 4-5 meals." Chye drops $9 into the pool, for them.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:20, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6248 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:21
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 16):

The beggars are ecstatic over the windfall!
Chye Isuel
 player, 1463 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:25
Rice Run
Chye smiles and bows, continuing on his way.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 120 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:28
Rice Run
Tanaka is also moved to compassion. Being of comfortable wealth, he gives them $91.
"Let it not be said that we Sahudese, are not also kind and good to those in need..." OOC: $165 so far, they've had a good day, i reckon. :)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6250 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:52
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 19):

Beggars usually make under $20 a day. A few of them start fighting over the coins.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1464 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 21:14
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 20):
17:05, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13.
Chye was afraid this would happen, and when he sees the fighting, he tries to calm them by urging them not to be greedy and to help one another.
"We wanted to help you.. Please do not fight among yourselves, for it makes us regret giving."
Narrator
 GM, 6252 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 21:31
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 21):

The majority of them settle down, but one uses their moment of humility to snatch an almsbowl and run.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 121 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:03
Rice Run
Tanaka sighs, and smiles ruefully.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 858 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:20
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks after the bowl snatcher and raises a hand, queue lashing -- then lowers the hand again.

"These others know who that was; he will surely receive some grief later, when he must once again sit and beg with these others."

He digs in his pouch, pulls out a handful of loose cash, and scatters it among the remaining bowls.

(OOC: 32 cash at $2 each)
Iskander
 player, 1613 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:32
Rice Run
"Indeed. Poor, miserable, wretch.."
Iskander watched the beggar flee, with his selfish gains.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:33, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1465 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:36
Rice Run
Chye is angered, and nearly starts after the thief, but stops short, letting out a cry of frustration. "Ugh! 呪われるわがまま犬!"
*The cursed, selfish dog!*

This message was last edited by the player at 23:41, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 739 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 28 Apr 2019
at 03:07
Rice Run
Ales also gives the beggars a one silver a piece as he passes through, blessing them in the name of the Shevnian deity of charity. When he has caught back up with the group, he mentions that there might be a storm coming up.
Narrator
 GM, 6259 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 19:34
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 27):

Once past the outskirts of the city, you notice peasants sowing the fields.
Much grain is grown here, for bread and animal feed, but little of it is popular among the Sahudese.

In the distance, you espy a faint commotion where a group of figures are gathered at a point where you can see a low stone wall marking a path that heDs east. From this distance, some of the people seem to be bakemono or Yōsei, and there seems to be at least one Neko Hito with them.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 859 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 22:45
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen peers in the direction of the disturbance, trying to make out what sort of bakemono or Yōsei they might be.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1468 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 22:54
Rice Run
"Eh?"
Chye observed the motley group.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Tue 30 Apr 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1614 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 23:07
Rice Run
Iskander observes as well.
"Ms curiosos..."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 122 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 23:34
Rice Run
19:32, Today: Tanaka Kojimaru rolled 10 using 3d6.  perception 12.
Tanaka makes a concentrated effort to make out their forms, before they get too near, assessing details and threat....

This message was last edited by the player at 23:34, Tue 30 Apr 2019.

Miko
 NPC, 21 posts
 Catfolk
Wed 1 May 2019
at 19:14
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 32):
 As you approach, one of your catfolk hisses to you.
"That one, they are not Neko like us, they are something different, older maybe."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 860 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 1 May 2019
at 22:50
Rice Run
"Miko, do you mean older the way yosei, and perhaps bakemono are older races than humans, or Elder, like my father, from an older world than this one?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1472 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 2 May 2019
at 11:10
Rice Run
"Do you mean they are inclined towards evil?"
Chye turns his polearm upright, in his grip.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 123 posts
Thu 2 May 2019
at 11:14
Rice Run
The swordsman watched the group with a casual calm.
"Hmm..."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 745 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 2 May 2019
at 12:14
Rice Run
Upon hearing Tanaka's question, Ales abandoned his earlier idea. He hops of the oxen wagon and moves towards the group.  As he does, he casts a spell.


(Ooc:Ales casts Sense Foes. Roll passed by 1.)
Miko
 NPC, 22 posts
 Catfolk
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:01
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 37):
Ales notes a little hostility on the part of the farmers...
"The yosei are from an earlier time. I thank that Neko is yosei, not catfolk as we are today. I heard tales pur ancestors were yosei that became less magical.

The creatures before you are strange.
There is a bakemono playing a woodwind instrument, and one angry looking farmer has just returned with a small stringed instrument and a bow.
There is a tall, pale yosei, the small strange catfolk, and and some farmers are dancing.
There is also a short, stocky chikyū kobito, bearded with mosses in his hair and beard.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:17, Thu 02 May 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1474 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:05
Rice Run
"It looks as if they're ready to make-merry, but these people do not look as if they enjoy themselves, Chye think...Is that an elf, yonder?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:06, Thu 02 May 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1615 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:09
Rice Run
16:08, Today: Iskander rolled 12 using 3d6.  Thaumatology ~ 12.
Iskander narrows his eyes.
"Let us be cautious..I suspect there is magic at work, here..."
Narrator
 GM, 6273 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:18
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 39):

The tall yosei resembles an elf.

Iskander detects magic.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 124 posts
Thu 2 May 2019
at 21:05
Rice Run
"Chye-san. You might be the best one to talk with them.. They seem to be musicians, and you have a way with people."
Tanaka says casually, over the taller man's shoulder.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1475 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 2 May 2019
at 21:10
Rice Run
17:06, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 12 using 3d6.  Carousing ~ 15.
"Excuse me, are we having a party!?"
Chye roared mirthfully.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:10, Thu 02 May 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1616 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 2 May 2019
at 21:14
Rice Run
"Ay, caramba!"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:18, Thu 02 May 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 862 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 2 May 2019
at 23:29
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen follows along with Chye, Tanaka, and Iskander, leaving his leather whip coiled on his belt.

"It's an odd time of day to throw a party."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 747 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 3 May 2019
at 01:46
Rice Run
Meanwhile Ales goes and talks to the farmers.  "You seem troubled."
Farm worker
 NPC, 1 post
 Common laborer
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:47
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 46):

"We do not wish to dance, but we cannot resist his playing."
Fisbie
 NPC, 10 posts
 Woodgrue
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:49
Rice Run
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 47):

A bat faced goblin in motley plays an infectious tune on his instrument.
Jelak
 NPC, 8 posts
 Grimalkin
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:52
Rice Run
In reply to Fisbie (msg # 48):

"Who are these fine felines?" inquires a striped catfolk wearing a vest and boots. He is carrying a fishing rod.
Like most cats, he seems to ignore the plight of humans.
Farmer
 NPC, 1 post
 Man of the earth
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:54
Rice Run
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 47):

"Let him hear this then,"
The peasant tucks his fiddle under his chin and begins to saw away at it furiously.

The bakemono changes his tune to match.
Mancini
 player, 222 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 5 May 2019
at 21:13
Rice Run
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 47):


"Why do you wish not to dance? I am not trying to insult you, only seeking to understand your side of the matter."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 863 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 5 May 2019
at 22:44
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen approaches the flute player and catfolk, listening to the music and watching the dance.

He addresses the cat man in Aralaise, "The catfolk traveling with us are servants of the House of Sakemoko, as are the rest of us.  I do not understand why these farm folk dance when they should be working.  Especially, because they don't seem to enjoy the dance."
Iskander
 player, 1617 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 6 May 2019
at 05:14
Rice Run
"This must be the magic I sensed... these are faerie folk. It is said to be careful in how one must deal with their mischief making...Often humoring them, and being a good sport, yields the best result,and sometimes..even a reward!"
Iskander whispered to he others
Chye Isuel
 player, 1476 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 6 May 2019
at 05:18
Rice Run
"So if they fed them dinner, or gave them drink, they'd go on their way, and the next morning, they'd find all their planting done, eh?"
Iskander
 player, 1618 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 6 May 2019
at 05:21
Rice Run
"I'm no expert on the lore... but that is what folk say. There must be some truth to it."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 125 posts
Mon 6 May 2019
at 07:56
Rice Run
"Well, staying and drinking with them, is out of the question. It'd amount to abandoning our wagon train!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1477 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 7 May 2019
at 15:48
Rice Run
"Bwahahahaa!"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 864 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 7 May 2019
at 22:52
Rice Run
"I have felt no compulsion to dance, although I can clearly hear the music."  Chou-Zhen looks around.  "Perhaps I am too distant."

He begins slowly moving toward the bakemono with the flute.
Leandru
 NPC, 4 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:29
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 58):

The elf, who is beautiful, but leaves frost in her footprints looks at Chou-Zen with curiosity.
" Were that this be resolved quickly. We came from the west, travelling east, but were confronted with a starfall, and had to make our way to this hedgerow to resume our westward journey. A storm comes soon, and we would best be away from this place."
Fisbie
 NPC, 11 posts
 Woodgrue
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:31
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 58):

The hautbois player seems delited at the fiddle playing, and prances about giddily.

As he closes, Chou-Zen feels a compulsion overtake him.

Will roll.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 865 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:48
Rice Run
Closer to the center of the music, Chou-Zhen indeed begins to step along with the rhythm, though his lashing queue is out of tempo.

OOC: how far is Chou-Zhen from the woodgrue?
Narrator
 GM, 6296 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 May 2019
at 23:30
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 61):

About 3 yards. The woodgrue is playing to match the fiddler, who is trying to disrupt him.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 866 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 9 May 2019
at 08:53
Rice Run
Synchronizing his movements with those of the dance, Chou-Zhen takes his leather whip from his belt and flips it out toward the piping bakemono, then speaks a word, loudly enough to penetrate the music.
Iskander
 player, 1619 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 9 May 2019
at 15:46
Rice Run
Iskander, who's been aware the whole time, points as he observes Chou.
"Behold, do not approach! Let's step this way, and be on our way! They are just having a little mischief. They aren't going to harm these folks.. The elf looks like their foil, and will soon have them all on their way, to where ever they are going, I'm sure..However, we might have to put you on the wagon, Chou, if you cannot escape them!"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:49, Thu 09 May 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 126 posts
Thu 9 May 2019
at 17:54
Rice Run
"You're the last one I thought would succumb to this faerie magic. Can you make it to the wagon? We mustn't tarry, for a storm is brewing."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1478 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 9 May 2019
at 20:18
Rice Run
Chye puts on his cloak,removing the plume from his jingasa, and angling his wide brim, for the rain.
Fisbie
 NPC, 12 posts
 Woodgrue
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:03
Rice Run
The woodgrue blows his cheeks out like a frog, but his instrument makes no sound. Confused, and not noticing the sudden silence of the fiddler, he inspects his hautbois in confusion.
Hussdor
 NPC, 5 posts
 Moss dwarf
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:05
Rice Run
In reply to Fisbie (msg # 67):

The dwarf covers his mossy bearded mouth, and rolls his black eyes toward the small cat, who bites his lip.
Leandru
 NPC, 5 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:06
Rice Run
In reply to Hussdor (msg # 68):

The elf, out of range of the sudden silence, raises a finger to its lips.
"Oh My!"
Farm worker
 NPC, 2 posts
 Common laborer
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:08
Rice Run
In reply to Leandru (msg # 69):

"Thank the gods!"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 867 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 10 May 2019
at 09:03
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen steps up to the bakemono with his pipe and squats down enough to look into the woodgrue's face.  He shakes his head broadly and puts his fingers to his lips in a "shush" sign.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1479 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 10 May 2019
at 09:55
Rice Run
Chye exchanges glances with the others, his expression, a wry one.
Iskander
 player, 1620 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 10 May 2019
at 18:33
Rice Run
"Ha ha ha... Now they can get on with their work. Good work, Chou."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 127 posts
Fri 10 May 2019
at 18:47
Rice Run
"Just what the situation called for. Well done! I was afraid Chye would join them, and we'd end up having a roadside rendezvous and we'd all be literally "Dancing in the Rain.""
Leandru
 NPC, 6 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Fri 10 May 2019
at 22:11
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 71):

The elf pinches the woodgrue's ear, and leads him away from the crowd. The cat and dwarf follow.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 868 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 10 May 2019
at 22:44
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks after the odd group, silently coils his whip and clips it back onto his belt, then starts back toward the road, angling to intercept the ox train (which, presumably, never stopped).

Once he can hear his own footsteps again, he calls out to the others.  "Let us continue without further delay."

Once he's able to catch up to the wagons, he'll clamber aboard one in order to rest for a few minutes.
Farmer
 NPC, 2 posts
 Man of the earth
Fri 10 May 2019
at 22:56
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 76):

The peasants wave as you pass.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 869 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 11 May 2019
at 18:28
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen waves back at the workers.
Narrator
 GM, 6318 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 May 2019
at 18:33
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 78):

You continue south, passing the last of the fields, and seeing the beginning of the forest.
As you approach, how close are you standing to either side of the road, which is becoming overgrown?


A storm is brewing to the south.
Iskander
 player, 1621 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 11 May 2019
at 21:31
Rice Run
Iskander puts his cloak on, and hood up.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 128 posts
Sat 11 May 2019
at 21:33
Rice Run
Tanaka turns the collar up, on his long coat, and adjusts his jingasa for the rain as well. He is following closely behind the last team.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:24, Mon 13 May 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 870 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 12 May 2019
at 18:12
Rice Run
Once rested, Chou-Zhen will follow behind the left side wheel of the wagon he'd ridden, keeping a close watch on the heavy growth on his side of he road.

To no one in particular, "This is about as far from the city as I have ever been.  There has never been reason to leave Northport before this."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1480 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 13 May 2019
at 10:15
Rice Run
"Same, friend. Chye has not left the city, and has been here in Aral, six moons. First time, into the countryside, and Chye is eager to meet the other Sahudese, in this village. Every new  settlement of our people, away from home, are more people that may have heard or know of something about what Chye seek."
Chye moniters the tall grasses on his side of the road, hefting his polearm into a ready position, so he'd be ready for possible ambush.."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:19, Mon 13 May 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 871 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 13 May 2019
at 21:53
Rice Run
"We seem to have passed the active fields."  Chou-Zhen releases his whip from his belt and carries it in his right hand, tip held captive to keep it away from the wheel.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 129 posts
Tue 14 May 2019
at 13:02
Rice Run
"I have been a guest for several weeks, in the Omo's household. This is an excellent chance to see more of Aral's interior, and I am also curious about this village."
Narrator
 GM, 6336 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 15 May 2019
at 20:39
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 85):

Chou-Zen fees something subtle...
Make a per+magery roll
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 875 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:43
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's magical perception draws his attention.
Iskander
 player, 1622 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:49
Rice Run
18:47, Today: Iskander rolled 8 using 3d6.  perception + magery 0 = 13 or less.
Iskander senses it too..
Narrator
 GM, 6347 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 16 May 2019
at 18:51
Rice Run
You both notice that the area west of the rosd has a markedly lower level of natural manna.
Iskander
 player, 1623 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:01
Rice Run
"Chou-Zhen, do you think someone or something might be hidden by the road, disrupting the local mana, in this area..? I'm curious to see what's causing this...Most curious, indeed.."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:10, Thu 16 May 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1482 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:07
Rice Run
"Huh? What is it now?"
Chye is curious about what all the hubbub is about.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 130 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:09
Rice Run
"Danger?"
The swordsman touches his hilt.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 876 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:03
Rice Run
"The Yōsei, frost elf, said something about having to detour around a starfall.  This may be where iron has fallen from the sky, and is sapping mana.  It ought to have little effect on us, other than limiting our ability to cast spells, but such a thing is valuable.

"We should mark the spot so we can collect it on the way home."

Iskander
 player, 1624 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:25
Rice Run
"Great minds, think alike, Senyor!"
18:26, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  Cartography ~ 12.

18:26, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  Orienteering ~ 16.

Using the landscape, Iskander should have no trouble marking the location.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:28, Thu 16 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6356 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:42
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 94):

An armory or connoiseiur:weapins, hazmat magical or metallurgy roll will reveal some information.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 748 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 17 May 2019
at 02:43
Rice Run
Ales finally speaks up . "I would definitely like a piece of that metal for a new weapon if it is what I think it is."

(Ooc: Con. Weapons roll passed, hazmat magical roll passed.)
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 877 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 17 May 2019
at 09:08
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen considers what he knows and has heard about sky iron.
Iskander
 player, 1625 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 17 May 2019
at 10:40
Rice Run
"This type of iron is the same, that chest we took from the Silver Jade Palace and delivered to the Omo, was made of. depending on how big this thing is.. we might need, a team of oxen. "I'd like to get a small shield, made of such a metal.. or a coif even.."
Narrator
 GM, 6365 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 19 May 2019
at 14:20
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 98):

Sky metal is worth 30 times the cost of normal iron, and is anti-magical, capable of bypassing protective magics. It is more useful as a weapon than a shield, but useful as armor. It is also great for locks...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1483 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 19 May 2019
at 16:03
Rice Run
"Let's have a look, I'm Curious to see this, and how big it is. If it can disrupt a whole area, it must be pretty big, huh?"
Iskander
 player, 1626 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 19 May 2019
at 16:04
Rice Run
"I'll go with you!"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 749 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 19 May 2019
at 17:40
Rice Run
"Let's see this hunk of space metal."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 131 posts
Sun 19 May 2019
at 18:09
Rice Run
"Go, I shall stay and keep watch, the the wagons."
The more staid, swordsman said to the others.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 878 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 19 May 2019
at 20:54
Rice Run
"I, also, will stay with the wagons.  The closer I am to this fallen sky iron, the less useful my magic."
Narrator
 GM, 6370 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 May 2019
at 16:30
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 104):

As they head off the road, the spellcasters are acutely aware of the low level of manna. You head west, make per rolls
Ales Konstantin
 player, 750 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 20 May 2019
at 17:02
Rice Run
"Something is off."


(Ooc: Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Perception check vs 13.)
Narrator
 GM, 6375 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 May 2019
at 17:19
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 106):

You notice a faint path worn this way, something a little more pronounced than a game trail.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 751 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 20 May 2019
at 18:11
Rice Run
Ales readies his scimitar, motions for silence, and then quietly proceeds ahead.
Iskander
 player, 1627 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:35
Rice Run
16:34, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  stealth 16.
Iskander stealths along quietly...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1486 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:36
Rice Run
16:35, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 13 using 3d6.  stealth 15.
Chye crouches like a tiger, and becomes the hidden dragon...
Narrator
 GM, 6380 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 May 2019
at 18:07
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 110):

After advancing a bit, things seem unnaturally  still. The ground has a reddish cast, and the plants seem sickly but overgrown. There is a clearing ahead... mages make an int+magery roll. You feel uncomfortably empty.
Iskander
 player, 1628 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 May 2019
at 18:12
Rice Run
14:10, Today: Iskander rolled 15 using 3d6.  IQ 13 + magery 0 = 13 or less .
Iskander doesn't seem to notice, as he stealths along..
Ales Konstantin
 player, 752 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 22 May 2019
at 20:11
Rice Run
Ales notices something unnatural about the situation. "We must be close," he whispers.

(Ooc:16:08, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  IQ+ Magery roll= 16. Roll passed.)
Narrator
 GM, 6388 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 May 2019
at 15:05
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 113):

The area you are in is completely depleted of manna. Part of you feels numb.

You notice an upright stone, covered with bloated vines.
Iskander
 player, 1629 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 23 May 2019
at 16:55
Rice Run
12:54, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  thaumaology 12.

12:53, Today: Iskander rolled 16 using 3d6.  IQ 13 + magery 0 = 13 or less .

"I don't know what to make of this! Look at those plants.. Do you think, we can safely touch it?"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 753 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 23 May 2019
at 19:30
Rice Run
"I'm pretty sure the stone is, but I wouldn't trust the plants in my opinion."

(Ooc:15:20, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 13 using 3d6.  Hazmat 13: can we safely touch the metal?)
Narrator
 GM, 6395 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 May 2019
at 20:46
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 116):

Starmetal is safe to touch, unless you are dependent upon magic for your existence.  The dolmen in front of you seems to be ordinary bluestone flint., although the vines creeping up it look unwell, like most of the vegetation here.
Iskander
 player, 1630 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 23 May 2019
at 22:56
Rice Run
18:53, Today: Iskander rolled 8 using 3d6.  hidden lore ~ 12 (undead).
"Is this some sort of tomb, with blighted plant-life around it, perhaps..? Hmm.." Iskander theorized.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1487 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 23 May 2019
at 23:02
Rice Run
18:59, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 17 using 3d6.  Gardening 12-4 (default) 8 or less. (crit fail)
Curious, Chye is wondering just what is making them so strange...a gardener he was not, but he was curious. He cuts through one of the vines, looking at a cross-section...

This message was last edited by the player at 23:05, Thu 23 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6400 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 May 2019
at 12:56
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 119):

The plant seems peculiar, with an internal structure that more resembles a cross section of an eel than a plant. It oozes limply in your hand.


This is not the kind of warping that necromantic energy causes.
Iskander
 player, 1631 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 24 May 2019
at 13:54
Rice Run
"Well, I've marked this spot, so we should have no problem finding this, on our way back to the city. I don't know about all of you, but I think I'm satisfied in my curiosity. I think I'll head back now." Iskander begins to start back, to catch up with the wagons.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 754 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 24 May 2019
at 14:45
Rice Run
"Sounds good to me", Ales says, heading back.
Narrator
 GM, 6404 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 May 2019
at 20:04
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 122):

As you head back tp the road, the mana gradually returns to normal.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:37, Wed 29 May 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1488 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 29 May 2019
at 18:28
Rice Run
Chye looks up at the sky to see how the storm is progressing.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 879 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 29 May 2019
at 22:39
Rice Run
"Welcome back.  No trouble, it seems.  Did you find what you sought?"
Iskander
 player, 1632 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 29 May 2019
at 23:03
Rice Run
"Indeed! The plants are very strange though...The starfall's presence is having an effect upon the area's flora. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of man eating plants sprung forth, on our return."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1489 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 29 May 2019
at 23:06
Rice Run
"Not look like plants.. But like...Eel!"
Chye interjects.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 132 posts
Wed 29 May 2019
at 23:08
Rice Run
"Sounds most unnatural, indeed..."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 880 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 30 May 2019
at 09:00
Rice Run
"As you say, perhaps something that came with the starfall.  Such a thing might be a challenge to control near to the star metal, where magic fails."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1490 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 30 May 2019
at 19:17
Rice Run
"Hmm.. perhaps Chye should have cut all the vines, and kill that which looked like it was a growing monster? Maybe we come back and have to deal with it, when it's a danger. But then, it may act as a guardian to keep others away from our prize, until we return to claim it...If it be dangerous."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:18, Thu 30 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6420 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 May 2019
at 23:17
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 130):

You return to the road, and the storm is rolling in.
Iskander
 player, 1633 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 30 May 2019
at 23:30
Rice Run
"Here comes the storm..."
Iskander adjusts his cloak and hood.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 133 posts
Thu 30 May 2019
at 23:39
Rice Run
"No rain, no rice, eh Chye?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1491 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 30 May 2019
at 23:54
Rice Run
"Right!Don't they wish they had hats like ours,now?"
Iskander
 player, 1634 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 30 May 2019
at 23:55
Rice Run
Iskander chuckled amusedly.
"Heh.."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 881 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 31 May 2019
at 09:17
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks upward, into the rain, for a moment, letting the drops lash against his face, mouth open to catch a few, then returns his attention to the road and the cart he's pacing.

"Rain is good.  It washes the world."
Miko
 NPC, 23 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 31 May 2019
at 22:15
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 136):

The catfolk had quickly donned conical straw hats and cloaks, but all appear miserable.

This message was last updated by the player at 14:03, Sat 01 June 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 134 posts
Fri 31 May 2019
at 23:11
Rice Run
19:08, Today: Tanaka Kojimaru rolled 14 using 3d6.  poetry 14.
Tanaka is silent for awhile, as he plods along in the rain, then he spontaneously recites a poem: "The sky's water has fallen, and autumn clouds are thin,
The western wind has blown ten thousand li. *li is a chinese unit of distance = 0.3 miles*
This morning's scene is good and fine,
Long rain has not harmed the land.
The row of willows begins to show green,
The pear tree on the hill has little white flowers.
A hujia pipe begins to play upstairs,
One goose flies high into the sky..."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:27, Sat 01 June 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6428 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 14:05
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 138):

It is getting dark, you may need to make camp soon.  Survival or naturalist -3 to set up a good camp, -1 due to rain.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1492 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 15:21
Rice Run
11:18, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 9 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13. sucess by 3, counting the -1 for the rain.
Chye spots a decent place to shelter from the rain, and make a good camp, for their wagons.
"Hoi! This look like good place to set up camp!"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:27, Sat 01 June 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6432 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 20:19
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 140):

Ordinary use of survival skill tries to find a campsite that is defensible, comfortable, and has a nearby source of water.
Soldier skill finds only a defensible campsite, which this one is, a wide path leading to a clearing in the woods with boulders scattered around the sides, and space for the oxen and wagons. There is a previously used fire pit here.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:19, Sat 01 June 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1635 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 21:45
Rice Run
17:43, Today: Iskander rolled 3 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13. the crittiest crit, ya could crit!
Iskander approves of the spot, and discovers something especially beneficial...
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 882 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 1 Jun 2019
at 23:50
Rice Run
"Well done, Chye.  The lack of a water source is of little concern. I can create water for drinking, cooking, and to water the animals, though it may take me an hour or more to do so if I need to rest before I finish.  I would happily teach that spell, if you are able to purify water; it would hurry the process."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1493 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 08:11
Rice Run
"Domo! Let's bring the wagons into a triangular formation, 'round the fire pit. We'll do watches in shifts, up top, the wagons."
04:03, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 13 using 3d6.  leadership ~ 13
"There's a new boy in the neighborhood. His name is Chye, and he's from Sahud. He's there, to take good care of care of me, like he's one of the family. *Chye in charge of our days and our nights. Chye in charge of our wrongs and our rights.*
and I see, I want. I want. Chye in charge of me!"

04:10, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 17 using 3d6 ((5,6,6)).

Chye sings a terrible song, that nobody knows if he's being serious, or trying to be funny.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:45, Mon 03 June 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1636 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 17:48
Rice Run
"Eh? Qu diables era aix? Ell fa les seves prpies canons de tema. Ha Ha!.."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 05:44, Mon 03 June 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 755 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 2 Jun 2019
at 20:04
Rice Run
Once the camp has been set up and everyone is settled in for the evening, Ales casts Watchdog over the campgrounds to help protect the caravan.

"Hey Chye, catchy tune. Maybe one day it will be recognized in every household."

(Ooc:15:59, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 9 using 3d6.  Watchdog 14. Roll passes.)
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 135 posts
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 02:46
Rice Run
"As a lyricist, I can agree it was catchy... Just poorly delivered..."
The poet critiqued.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 05:43, Mon 03 June 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1494 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 02:49
Rice Run
Chye plays it off, whilst working to set up defenses.
"Just kidding, guys! You know Chye making funny. Heh heh.."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:49, Mon 03 June 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6438 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 19:28
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 148):

Chye man need to replace a string on his instrument. Several of the catfolk cover their ears, and glare disapprovingly.

You set up camp, and into the first watch, something sets off Ales'spell.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1495 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 19:51
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 149):
OOC he'd put his instrument in it's case, under his cloak, during the rain. He was just singing. xD
Chye Isuel
 player, 1496 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 19:55
Rice Run
15:54, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 5 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.
Chye spots the disturbance, readies his weapon.
"Hey! Who goes there!?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:26, Mon 03 June 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 756 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 20:03
Rice Run
Ales readies his scimitar.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 883 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 21:20
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen has not changed position or breathing.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 136 posts
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 21:20
Rice Run
17:18, Today: Tanaka Kojimaru rolled 14 using 3d6.  stealth 16.
Tanaka draws his sword, as he hides in the darkness.
Iskander
 player, 1637 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 3 Jun 2019
at 21:24
Rice Run
17:21, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  stealth ~16.
Iskander steals away into the shadows, drawing his weapons.
Merry men of Veroigne
 NPC, 1 post
 Bowmen and swordsmen
 In the woods
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 23:11
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 155):

A number of hooded figures armed with bows can be seen at the outer edges of the camp...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1498 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Jun 2019
at 23:46
Rice Run
19:42, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 12 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13 .
"We see you. Welcome, be ye travelers. Woe if ye be brigands...Won't you share our fire, perhaps some food and drink, stories and songs, and share the news of the road with our camp?"
Chye addresses the interlopers...
Ales Konstantin
 player, 757 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 00:19
Rice Run
As Chye talked, Ales quietly chanted, hoping the goddess of magic would share information on whether these hooded figured be friend or foe.


(Ooc:20:16, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 13 using 3d6.  Sense Foes 14.)
Merry men of Veroigne
 NPC, 2 posts
 Bowmen and swordsmen
 In the woods
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 01:54
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 158):

The woodsmen, many of whom wear green surcoats with black chevrons, do not seem certain as to being enemies, the spell has indifferent results. A few of them talk amongst themselves, and then harken at the approach of another.
Iskander
 player, 1638 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 02:28
Rice Run
Iskander comes out of hiding, if it is clear there will be no violence.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 137 posts
Sat 8 Jun 2019
at 02:42
Rice Run
Tanaka comes out of hiding as well.
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 1 post
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 00:36
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 161):

Another woodsman approaches, also wearing the same surcoat as the others, over chainmail as opposed to gambesons like the others. He too has a bow and sword. The others seem to offere deference to him.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1499 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 01:42
Rice Run
21:38, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 12 using 3d6.  carousing ~ 15.
Chye offers them drink.
"Welcome strangers. Am Chye Iseul. Would you care for a drink, until we prepare some food?"
Iskander
 player, 1639 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 02:24
Rice Run
22:23, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  heraldry ~ 12 .
Iskander is unfamiliar w/ the heraldry borne on the surcoat.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 138 posts
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 04:43
Rice Run
Moving beside a tree trunk, which he can use as cover if this encounter goes poorly. Tanaka assesses the group that has arrived. ooc how many in the band and what race are they?
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 884 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 08:58
Rice Run
OOC: what does Chou-Zhen need to roll to wake up?
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 2 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 23:24
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 165):

The group is human, Aralaise from appearance, and seems to number about a dozen.

"We would be delighted to break our fast with you... and your cats."

Per-2 for Chou-Zen to wake up.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1500 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 23:32
Rice Run
"Good!"
"We're traveling to Veroinge, on the behalf the household of Sakemoko. These fine felines are members of the house, as are we. Who might you, and your group be?"
 

Chye breaks out rations, tea, and libations.
Iskander
 player, 1640 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 10 Jun 2019
at 23:36
Rice Run
Iskander will wake Chou, casually.
"Chou-Zhen, we have visitors."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 885 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 08:52
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's breathing doesn't change, and he doesn't move.
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 3 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 19:15
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 168):

The woodsman eyes your weapons and gear.
"I am not sure if I know of a Sakemoko.  Is your arrangement with Baron Pequenaud, current master of Veroigne? And what seems to be wrong with your sleeping friend. I know you are from Sahud, but he looks positively jaundiced."
You note that his people are a mix of men and women.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1500 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 22:49
Rice Run
In reply to Monsieur Hood (msg # 171):
"We have an arrangement with the the village, not sure about this Baron. We're bringing goods to exchange for rice grown there, to bring back with us to be purchased by the Sahudese of Northport. Our lord Sakemoko is the procurer for their needs. As far as Chou-Zhen, he is half human, and half otherworldly. He's alright, he's just a bit different. You should see him drink beer, through his finger tip! He's our wizard!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:42, Thu 13 June 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 886 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 22:42
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen continues to sleep.
Iskander
 player, 1641 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 22:48
Rice Run

18:47, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  area knowledge ~ 13 (northport).
Iskander thinks he might have heard that name before, mentioned back in the city...
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 4 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 23:23
Rice Run
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 172):

"Oh, one of those. Gives me gooseflesh. So you buy rice from the swamp folk..." He exchanges a look with some of his me."</green>


Iskander has vaguely heard of a job offer from this Pequenaud person, but cannot remember any details.


Make another area knowledge roll at -4, or an area knowledge: Adventurer's Guild  roll.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1501 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:06
Rice Run
"That's right." Chye smiles.
"You still haven't told us who you are, you wouldn't be brigands would you,now? Chye beginning to like you!"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:10, Wed 12 June 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1642 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:09
Rice Run
20:07, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  area knowledge ~ 13 (northport) -4 for guild knowledge, 9 or less. right on the nail!
Iskander is familiar with the story, after some thought...
Ales Konstantin
 player, 758 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:22
Rice Run
Ales listens to the exchange, trying to get clues as to who these people are.
Iskander
 player, 1643 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:33
Rice Run
"Mercenaries, perhaps? I don't recognize the emblem on your surcoats, from back in the city, but then, I too am not from around here."
Iskander said in a friendly manner.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 887 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 09:09
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen mutters something unintelligible, seemingly still asleep.
Narrator
 GM, 6460 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 19:46
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 177):

The soldiers of Veroigne left the employ of the Baroness when she married Pequenaud, who brought his own men.  The previous guard were loyal to her brother, the Baronet, who headed north.  Recently, without her brother the Baronet, and his husband the captain of the guards, the legendary beast of Veroigne has gone on a rampage, and a party of adventurers were hired to defeat it.  You heard that they left town shortly before you.
Merry men of Veroigne
 NPC, 3 posts
 Bowmen and swordsmen
 In the woods
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 19:47
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 176):

"We serve Veroigne, but not the Baron or his men, or business associates."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1502 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 20:49
Rice Run
"Hmm.. Tell us more of this baron. Is he a wicked lord? Our interests lie with the villagers there, and Chye have a personal interest in their benefit and well-being. As does our lord. He would be interested to hear of anyone who may be exploiting our people, here."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:22, Thu 13 June 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1644 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 23:12
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 181):
OOC:So, these are a band of renegade soldiers, loyal to the baronet, who is sir james. and these are his men, whom are acting as robinhood types, while he is gone?
9:15, Today: Iskander rolled 5 using 3d6.  area knowledge ~ 13 (northport).
As a person of status in Northport, Iskander is familiar with the baronet, Sir James.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:17, Wed 12 June 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6463 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 13 Jun 2019
at 16:23
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 184):

Bingo
Iskander
 player, 1645 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 13 Jun 2019
at 17:21
Rice Run
"You must be Sir Jame's men, The Baronet of Veroigne! So the rumors are true. In the baronet's absence, his brother-in-law, has become a tyrant... I think we should help these men and women, thwart this baron."
Iskander said, looking at the band, with new understanding of the situation.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Thu 13 June 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1503 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 13 Jun 2019
at 19:29
Rice Run
"Maybe they'll have carrier pigeons, since the village is connected by trade route, and will go back to the palace. If we learn anything and the situation changes, we may need to inform the Omo, and await new orders. Chye all for taking down bad men!"
He raises his cup to the men and women of Veroigne.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:30, Thu 13 June 2019.

Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 5 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 02:27
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 186):

While the men drinking your ale seem very cheered by your statement of support, their leader seems a little suspicious of your motives.
"I appreciate the support, but it would have been more genuine if you had opened with that. Still, I appreciate that  you are not the ally of my enemy. If your business is with the swamp folk, so be it, but the peasants of the fields and forests need bolstering. Let me see what your cats have on these wagons."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 139 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 03:09
Rice Run
In reply to Monsieur Hood (msg # 188):

Warily Tanaka watched these strangers, who the others seemed content to chat with. Their leaders comment about checking the wagons contents suggested the fellow intended to help himself to the merchant's goods.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 759 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 03:57
Rice Run
Ales ears perked up when the leader of the band suggested he take a look at their supplies. He had come across their type before.... take from the rich, give to the poor, while they make a tidy profit on the side.  He was weary of Mon. Hood's motives.

"As we are not working with your enemies, us there a reason you must disturb our xatfolk friends, Mon. Hood? The catfolk are skittish of strangers and it will take forever to calm them back down, just so you can quell your curiousity."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1504 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:22
Rice Run
"Let the man satisfy his curiosity that we are  whom we say we are. Chye see no harm in that..
And forgive us Monsieur, for not opening with that offer. You see, we hadn't known if you were friend or foe yet, either. For all we knew, you were marauders come to rob us in the night."
Chye reasoned.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:57, Fri 14 June 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 140 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:31
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 191):

ooc I'm wondering if the goods in the wagon are yours? If not let the owners decide if they want to have him view their wares.
Iskander
 player, 1646 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:41
Rice Run
"Look, you may, but take nothing from us, Senyor. Or we shall have to defend ourselves, as we are honor bound to succeed in our mission, and safely deliver our trade goods to the villagers. This is where whether you turn now this instant, into a friend... or foe."
Iskander stood up. (intolerance of tyranny and brigandage! -5) yes that's really an intolerance he has!

This message was last edited by the player at 09:35, Fri 14 June 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1505 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:42
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 192):
OOC you're not a diplomat in real life, are ye?

This message was last edited by the player at 07:00, Fri 14 June 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 141 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 06:10
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 194):

Ooc sssssss.... make a sign of warding....
Chye Isuel
 player, 1506 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 07:00
Rice Run
OOC I sure wish sleeping beauty, would wake up! xD
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 888 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 08:58
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's queue begins to twitch, followed by other small movements, which spread into full body flexes and stretches before he sits up and looks around the camp.

"Who are these strangers?"
Iskander
 player, 1647 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 09:20
Rice Run
Iskander keeps his eyes on Monsieur Hood, as he answers Chou-Zhen."Bona.., You've awakened..These are Sir James, the Baronet of Veroigne's men. After he left, his brother-in-law who had his own men, pushed out these loyal men, and now it seems they stage raids against anyone helping or doing business with this tyranical Baron Pquenaud. I assure you we offer, and can produce more aid, then the trouble you'll get trying to rob us. Listen to your men who seem to be agreeable, and be wise. Don't let greed get the better of you, if you really want what is best for Veroinge. I have an idea, If you'll hear me out, Senyor, but we'll need to first trust eachother, and then work together."
Iskander said to the leader of the band of would-be-bandits.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:55, Fri 14 June 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1507 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 10:09
Rice Run
"He clearly wants to weigh the profit-to-risk, of attacking us. Chye say it not worth it, either. One does not simply walk into our camp, and rob us.." Chye stands up now too, the situation getting tense, as this leader has forgotten his manners when they were being so hospitable-like.
OOC couldn't resist slipping in borimir's "one does not simply" bit, in reference to monsieur hood's character.https://media.giphy.com/media/smW5FBep69d3q/giphy.gif  xD

This message was last edited by the player at 10:29, Fri 14 June 2019.

Miko
 NPC, 24 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 21:49
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 198):

"Our generous lord Sakemoko made precautions with us in case of this eventuality. Come, let me show you our sacks of dried squid and rolls of nori seaweed. If you wish, there is a quantity of dried fish stock as powder, and some fermented fish and bean sauce.  If these items are not to your liking, I have been designated to donate a a small coffer and its contents to you, but you need to tell me which of these things you want."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:46, Fri 14 June 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 889 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 22:45
Rice Run
"I wonder, Monsieur Hood, how current is your news from Northport?  Does it speak of a raid on the house of Sakemoko-sama by forces loyal to one Akira Aku No?"
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 6 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 22:47
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 201):

"I have never heard of your Sakemoko before this day. Some of you have heard of my liege, so who is more important becomes clear."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 890 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 22:56
Rice Run
"Perhaps.  Or perhaps it is a matter of who better gathers information.  Have you then also not heard of me, Chou-Zhen Mou, the slayer of dragon men?"

Without a further word, Chou-Zhen gestures with his left hand, and his lightning whip appears in its grip.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:57, Fri 14 June 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1648 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 23:02
Rice Run
"Sakemoko was guildmaster of the adventurer's guild in Northport, prior to our current. Are you welcome in the village? You should come there with us, and when we settle our affairs, perhaps we can help you. This region is of key importance to our lord for the rice grown here. If this land be under a tyrant, sooner or later business is going to not only sour, but it's unacceptable. I think restoring control of the region would be beneficial to our lord, and the baronet and Sakemoko would make strong allies, after this baron is deposed."
Iskander explained.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:40, Sun 16 June 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1510 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 16 Jun 2019
at 04:36
Rice Run
"Is this bad baron, lord over the rice worker's village? If he is, then they too share in the people's plight."
Chye holds his polearm, evaluating the potential melee to come.
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 7 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Fri 21 Jun 2019
at 22:39
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 205):

"Your lord appears to be thoughtful in all matters, andpossess a certain degree of foresight.
The swamp dwellers, plagued as they are by strix and other insects of preposterous size are at the northernmost corner of Veroigne, and are neglected in all ways by the baron, much like the southern portion of the barony. When his men collect taxes there they mostly knock over the villagers huts and indulge themselves, but rarely stay, as those folk are poorer than most.
Unfortunately, the Baroness Lorraine, beloved of the people, somehow married this oaf, and for her sake, we wish no ill befall him.
That is not how we feel about his agents.
Hercule the old baron kept decent folk. Find them where they are scattered.
Ware the wolves, but trouble not the noble stag. I will have that coffer,now and we shall be on our way."

Chye Isuel
 player, 1514 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 06:42
Rice Run
Chye frowns, but nods his approval.
"We give you the coffer, then."
Iskander
 player, 1649 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 06:44
Rice Run
"Would you like us to bring the baronet a message, upon our return to the city?" Iskander asked the leader.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 06:44, Sat 22 June 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 891 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 22 Jun 2019
at 11:04
Rice Run
"Our concern is with the people you call 'swamp dwellers,', those Sahudese folk who grow the rice that feeds their cousins in Northport.  I do not foresee interfering in greater Veroigne.

"Still, we would be glad to find some of Hercule's retainers who might assist in protecting and succoring the rice growers."


Chou-Zhen lets the lightning whip fade.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1515 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 24 Jun 2019
at 01:38
Rice Run
"How we recognize these scattered cells?"
Chye inquired.
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 8 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Tue 25 Jun 2019
at 20:33
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 207):

Hood passes the coffer off to another of his men.
"Tell him he is sorely missed, and his people need him here.  You will find loyalists with this symbol, the green field, the black chevron, the red dots. Some may wear it openly, others may have a ring or a hidden piece of cloth.  We do what we can to keep the baron's men off them, but the swamp folk have their own issues"
Iskander
 player, 1650 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 03:45
Rice Run
"Thank you for bringing the situation to light. You are most honorable, Senyor. May Veroigne return to better times, and rulership. Farewell."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1517 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 03:51
Rice Run
"Yes, now we know there's bad men. Let Chye catch these men take advantage of our women...Heads will roll, and the paddies will run red!"
Chye clangs his gauntlet to his chest piece, with steel in his tone.
Merry men of Veroigne
 NPC, 4 posts
 Bowmen and swordsmen
 In the woods
Wed 26 Jun 2019
at 14:18
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 213):

The bowmen fade quickly out of sight.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 760 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 14:49
Rice Run
"I am sure consorting with outlaws will make our mission even harder once we get to the village", Ales said, once the visitors had left.
Iskander
 player, 1651 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 15:43
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 215):

"Al Contrari, Senyor... Now we know the score, and knowing is half the battle..."

Chye Isuel
 player, 1518 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 15:52
Rice Run
"Yes! Now when we arrive, we not ignorant to what's afoot around these parts. It may have even been worth parting with the coffer."
Miko
 NPC, 25 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 21:25
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 215):

"Who is to know? besides, the coffer was magically marked with the master's symbol, and can be traced by anyone with a copy of his seal.  Of course, there is another for the return trip.  I neglected to tell them about the soy sauce concentrate, or the sacks of sesame seeds and five spice blend that are inside the casks of bonito flakes and dried squid."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 893 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 28 Jun 2019
at 22:51
Rice Run
"Well done, Miko.

"I believe we have learned some important information from Monsieur Hood.  If there remains enough darkness, however, we should resume our rest."

Narrator
 GM, 6538 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 18:45
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 219):

The sun rises in about half an hour. you have a feeling that there will be no foraging in these woods.  Oddly, there are almost no tracks, only your own.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1519 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 20:36
Rice Run
Chye is up, and ready to go.
"Good morning."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 895 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 02:56
Rice Run
"That was barely worth lying back down; I would likely have stayed up to practice castings, had I known.  Do none of us know how to tell the time of night from the stars and moon?"
Miko
 NPC, 26 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 19:48
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 222):

The catwoman points to a bright star near the horizon.
"That is the dawn star. The sky will be green shortly."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 763 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 20:43
Rice Run
Ales packs his gear and prepares for another long day of traveling.
Iskander
 player, 1652 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 21:22
Rice Run
Iskander packs away his hammock and cloak, and is ready to get moving again.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 896 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 01:56
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen, also, rolls up his bed and ensures his items are correctly packed.

"Have we breakfast?  If needed, I can make a fire without need to gather wood."

Chye Isuel
 player, 1521 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 15:01
Rice Run
"We have our rations, but we could make rice... up to you. Chye always make time for rice!"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 897 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 23:52
Rice Run
"If we can spare the time to cook it, rice would be a welcome addition to dried fish and pickled cabbage.  We can save a quarter hour, as the fire I create takes no time to build up."
Iskander
 player, 1653 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 11:47
Rice Run
"I'm not opposed to cooking some rice, and eating before moving on. I'll keep watch, while we do so."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 764 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 17:28
Rice Run
Ales goes and finds a quiet area and meditates.
Narrator
 GM, 6560 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 22:41
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 230):

The rice takes about twenty minutes.  Everyone gathers to eat, somewhat warily.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 898 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 22:44
Rice Run
Once the fire is heating the pot, Chou-Zhen will move out of the way and sit to rest from creating the water for the pot and the fire itself.
Iskander
 player, 1654 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 23:35
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 232):
Beneeix aquest aliment, pare al cel, i les mans que van ajudar en la seva preparaci. Amn..

Iskander murmurs something that sounds like a prayer in his native tongue, and crosses himself, before taking up his rice spoon.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1522 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 23:48
Rice Run
Chye sits indian-style, with two bowls, one on each knee. With his chopsticks he grabs rice, cabbage, and fish, from each bowl, and dips them in fermented fish sauce, intermittently.
"美味しい!"
*tasty!*

This message was last edited by the player at 23:49, Mon 08 July 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6563 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 14:10
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 234):

After eating, you resume your journey. Make a per roll as you leave the forest
Ales Konstantin
 player, 765 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 16:49
Rice Run
Ales perceives something is off....

(Ooc:12:45, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 7 using 3d6.  Perception check vs 13.)
Iskander
 player, 1655 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 21:52
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 235):

17:51, Today: Iskander rolled 12 using 3d6.  percepton ~ 13.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1523 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 21:53
Rice Run
17:52, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 4 using 3d6.  percepton ~ 12. CRIT!
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 899 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 22:48
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks around as the group gets under way.

OOC: Chye, I think 4 is only a crit for skill 14 or higher.  Still a good margin of success, though.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1525 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 22:58
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 239):

really? i always thought 3-4, was considered a "natural" crit
Narrator
 GM, 6572 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 22:04
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 240):

3-4 is a crit, unless the effective skill level is 3. If the skill is 15, 5 is a crit, and 16+, 6 is a crit.



Chye spots some spoor, oversize wolf droppings, less than a day old.  A tree is marked with urine from about five feet off the ground. While the leaves obscure footprints, you can tell that dire wolves have been in the area, at least two, and you also not that there is also spoor of a dire rabbit... although those look to be about two days old, and it looks to have been disturbed, as if the dire wolves were nosing it about.

A little further to the west, there is a clearing with slightly muddy ground, and you can see the prints of about four dire wolves heading in that direction, again, probably right after the rain from the other day.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1527 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 23:53
Rice Run
Chye kneels and holds up his hand.
"Ho! Chye see something.. Monsieur Hood mentioned there be wolves to be wary of, and he was right. You know, we could probably track them to their den and wipe them out. They're a danger to travelers on the road, and it would be a good service to rid them. Besides, Chye think they will tail us, for the Oxen they'll be smelling anytime now..."
Chye stands up and dusts off his hands, and gestures all about.

This message was last edited by the player at 11:47, Tue 16 July 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 767 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 03:02
Rice Run
"I agree with Chye. Though I dislike the idea of battling with such beasts, I believe it will be the best in the long run in terms of accomplishing our mission and keeping the people of the area safe."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 901 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 09:16
Rice Run
"I agree.  Though I would not wish to delay our primary mission, wolves of such a size are surely a danger to the people we are here to assist.  Of course, these great rabbits would eat crops to the point of starving people, too."
Narrator
 GM, 6576 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 13:42
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 244) anyone have naturalist?
Iskander
 player, 1656 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 17 Jul 2019
at 22:21
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 245):
18:15, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  13-6 (naturalist default, from practical experience). failed by 3

18:14, Today: Iskander rolled 14 using 3d6.  14-4 (research default on naturalism, through textbook knowledge). failed by 4

Despite his worldliness, Iskander is unable to predict the behavior of these dag-blasted dire wolves.
"Hmm.. Had I as much experience with nature, as I with geography, I'd be on good authority, els meus amics.."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:21, Wed 17 July 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1528 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 17 Jul 2019
at 22:30
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 244):
"Chye imagine you're right, Chou-Zhen san. Chye imagine they bait those rabbits and catch many of them, and breed them for their meat! Mmmm.. need fat though. Wrapped with bacon, or nicely rendered salt pork, would make for good eating.. that size, meat likely tough, and stewing or braising may be best way to go...."
Chye licked his lips.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:14, Thu 18 July 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 902 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 17 Jul 2019
at 22:50
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's queue lashes briefly as he thinks.
Iskander
 player, 1657 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 03:30
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 246):
"This is no time to be thinking about ways to prepare dire rabbit, Chye. Our oxen must be protected from these wolves, but we should see them coming, now that we've left the forest."

Narrator
 GM, 6580 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 16:31
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 248):

If no reports of the wolves attacking the vilage have reached Sakemoko, there may be something that keeps the wolves away... Flooded areas like rice paddies are notorious breeding grounds for biting flying insects, it is possible that those too are megafauna.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1529 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 16:54
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 250):

OOC:if they raised fish in the rice paddies, and then released ducks, after their harvests, it would cut down on the strix, as the fish and ducks would eat their larvae and increase their
rice yield with both their droppings, and add fish and duck to their menu and exports.

Narrator
 GM, 6581 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 17:05
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 251):
Stirge Larvae are bigger than ducks...there may be another method...
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 903 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 21:57
Rice Run
"Our master said nothing about problems with bear-sized wolves or sheep-sized rabbits.  I believe we might do well to leave the wolves undisturbed. Monsieur Hood and his men seem to manage."
Narrator
 GM, 6592 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 12:56
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 253):

You head back to the road with the ox carts. The catfolk are a little jumpy.
Iskander
 player, 1658 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 16:45
Rice Run
"Let us arrange ourselves so that we have look outs on all sides, as we move. Anyone that can use a bow would do well to sit on top of the wagons, for the best vantage point. I'd like to see them coming, before they pounce. Dear Catfolk, do let us know if you smell anything awry.."
Iskander suggested.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 904 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 22:42
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen takes up his previous marching position, near the left rear wheel of the lead wagon.  He walks with his leather whip loose in his right hand, and continually scans to the left side of the road (trusting others to watch the right).
Chye Isuel
 player, 1530 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 23:00
Rice Run
Chye climbs up on one of the wagons, and readies his bow.
"Good Idea, Chye think."
Narrator
 GM, 6597 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 19:40
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 257):

You carry on for the rest of the day without incident, the forest being replaced by shrubby fields. You notice a Dragonfly skimming along, a sign of good luck.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:51, Sat 27 July 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 905 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 22:40
Rice Run
"Good luck is never a bad thing.  If it were, we would call it bad luck, would we not?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1531 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 23:09
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 259):
"Good omen! Chye thought we were going to have to put down some dire wolves. Wanted to skin them, and keep some pelts.. This good, though. Everyone safe, for now.."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:27, Sat 27 July 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 768 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 00:43
Rice Run
Ales quietly chants, using his insights into the mystic arts to see if there were any nearby dangers.

(Ooc:20:35, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 8 using 3d6.  Sense Danger 14.)
Iskander
 player, 1659 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 03:33
Rice Run
23:31, Today: Iskander rolled 15 using 3d6.  perception ~ 13. failed by 2
Iskander is distracted by the dragonfly

"Hola, petit amic.."

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:52, Sat 27 July 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6605 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 13:54
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 262):

The dragonfly (sorry, Firefly was an auto correct error) seems to be getting larger...


Per and naturalist/IQ-6 rolls.

All Sahudese know them to be good luck
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 906 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 15:41
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen continues watching the dragonfly as it darts and glides (and grows).
Chye Isuel
 player, 1535 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 17:30
Rice Run
13:28, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 10 using 3d6.  perception ~ 12.
Chye also tracks the insect.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 769 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 00:14
Rice Run
Ales tracks the insect, but otherwise notices nothing else unusual about it.



((Ooc:Per roll passes. Naturalist roll fails.)
Akitsu-san
 NPC, 1 post
 Dire Dragonfly
 Protector of the village
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 12:35
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 264):

Chye and Chou-Zen realize the scale of the Dragonfly is not what it seems... It might be somewhere between two and three yards long! It is also at least twenty yards away.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1536 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 12:44
Rice Run
Chye, still convinced that it is a good omen will bravely approach in a humble manner.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 907 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 22:46
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's eyes widen.

"That is much good luck in one place!"
Iskander
 player, 1660 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 09:08
Rice Run
05:04, Today: Iskander rolled 7 using 3d6.  naturalist default 13-6 7 or less to succeed. Boom! right on the money!!
As the large insect grew nearer, Iskander realized something was peculiar..
Chye Isuel
 player, 1537 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 09:17
Rice Run
"良い前兆の精神は、私たちはあなたのドメインを通過することができますか?悪い意志じゃない私たちにあなたの祝福を与えてください。"
Chye gets down on bended knee, and booms out in his stentorian voice:
*Good omen spirit, can we pass through your domain?*
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 908 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 23:11
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen keeps his position, folding his left hand over the right (which still trails his whip) and bowing deeply, but remaining quiet.
Akitsu-san
 NPC, 2 posts
 Dire Dragonfly
 Protector of the village
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 00:43
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 271):

The creature alights on Cye's polearm. He can feel that it is as heavy as a man. After resting for a moment, the three yard long divine creature with a seven yard wingspan takes off with a heavy thrumming sound.

You all now have the effects of a Bless spell.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1538 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 01:12
Rice Run
"さようなら精神、そしてあなたに感謝します。"
*Goodbye spirit, and thank you.*
Chye calls, and waves.
Iskander
 player, 1661 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 01:16
Rice Run
"Ay, caramba! Aix va ser increble!!"
Iskander exclaimed.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1539 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 06:34
Rice Run
"Chye know what he getting for next tattoo!"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 909 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 09:10
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen watches the huge dragonfly as it departs.

"If that is the size of animals and insects where we go, we may need all of the luck this one can impart."
Narrator
 GM, 6634 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 01:03
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 277):

As the day lengthens, you follow the road through the fields, and find yourselves moving along a muddy embankment with flooded fields to either side. You spot Sahudese folk laboring in the paddies.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 NPC, 142 posts
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 17:39
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 278):

"Hark! There is a sound
Four wings grace the sky
A flash of blue in sunlight."

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 912 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 22:53
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen turns to Tanaka, brings his hands together, and bows deeply before resuming his pace alongside the wagon.

"You honor the Qīngtng, Tanaka."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1545 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 12 Aug 2019
at 00:39
Rice Run
20:31, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 9 using 3d6.  singing ~ 16.

20:31, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 3d6.  lute ~ 15.

After a brief silence to reflect on Tanaka's recital, Chye unslings his lute, and begins to play and sing a song:
"I am endlessly yearning
To be in Sahud.
...Insects hum of autumn by the gold brim of the well;
A thin frost glistens like little mirrors on my cold mat;
The high lantern flickers; and, deeper grows my longing.
I lift the shade and, with many a sigh, gaze upon the moon,
Single as a flower, centered from the clouds.
Above, I see the blueness and deepness of sky.
Below, I see the greenness and the restlessness of water....
Heaven is high, earth wide; bitter between them flies my sorrow.
Can I dream through the gateway, over the mountain?
Endless longing
Breaks my heart..."

*Instrumental*
"The sun has set, and a mist is in the flowers;
And the moon grows very white and people sad and sleepless.
A Zhao harp has just been laid mute on its phoenix holder,
And a Shu lute begins to sound its mandarin-duck strings....
Since nobody can bear to you the burden of my song,
Would that it might follow the spring wind to Yanran Mountain.
I think of you far away, beyond the blue sky,
And my eyes that once were sparkling
Are now a well of tears.
...Oh, if ever you should doubt this aching of my heart,
Here in my bright mirror come back and look at me!"

Ales Konstantin
 player, 772 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 14 Aug 2019
at 00:03
Rice Run
Ales, moved by compassion for the laborers, begins to chant and move his hands in a swaying motion. He reshapes the stale air into a cool breeze to ease the labors of the workers.

19:59, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 7 using 3d6.  Shape Air 14.
Iskander
 player, 1662 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 14 Aug 2019
at 01:35
Rice Run
Iskander observed the folks, as chye's song lingered.
Village laborer
 NPC, 9 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 18:03
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 283):

One of the men stands to appreciate the breeze, and smiles to see familiar faces, and the ox carts.

"Welcome friens! Are you here for the harvest?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1546 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 21:46
Rice Run
"Yes! We come on the behalf of Lord Sakemoko!"
Iskander
 player, 1663 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 21:53
Rice Run
"We met a great dragonfly nearby.. it stopped and landed on Chye here, and seemed to bless us. Have you witnessed such a thing here, before?"
Iskander asked the farmer in Sahudese.
Village laborer
 NPC, 10 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 19:56
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 286):

"That is Akitsu-san, the protector of the village! It defends us against the viscious ka that seek the water. The ka surround us though, and keep the other great ones away."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1547 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 20:23
Rice Run
"Chye shall call him Akitsu-sama then, in honor!"
Iskander
 player, 1664 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 20:27
Rice Run
"Now I understand. For it is by he alone, that permits this place to exist here at all, amongst the mega fauna,we've heard tell of, and have seen evidence of, along our journey. How do you pay your respects to your village benefactor, may I, a foreigner, ask?" Iskander was obviously fascinated and curious.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:30, Fri 16 Aug 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 913 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 21:23
Rice Run
Finding his Sahudese, learned as an adult, failing him, Chou-Zhen speaks up.  "Pardon my interruption, but what is ka?  You cannot mean a game piece.  Do I have the tone wrong?"
Village laborer
 NPC, 11 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 02:09
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 290):

"Small biting insects, the small ones are hunted by small Akitsu... the ka are larger..."
He holds his hands about two feet apart.
Iskander
 player, 1665 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 02:23
Rice Run
"I wonder why everything around here is so large.."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 914 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 19:23
Rice Run
"So, you have biting insects large enough to serve as prey for Akitsu-san, and call them ka.  We've seen tracks of rabbits as big as sheep, and wolves large enough to prey on them -- but we've seen this evidence only in the last day or so.

"Could this be an effect of the fallen sky-stone we passed?"

Iskander
 player, 1666 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 17 Aug 2019
at 20:11
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 293):
"Hmm... That could well be a possibility."
Village laborer
 NPC, 12 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 14:24
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 294):

The farmer shrugs."Ask the priest. He knows such things."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 915 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 14:51
Rice Run
"A fine suggestion.  Where might we find the priest?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1548 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 18 Aug 2019
at 15:57
Rice Run
Chye nodded in agreement."How about we take care of business first? Who's in charge of trade, and the rice crop?"
Village laborer
 NPC, 13 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 16:58
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 297):

"That would be the elder. He has the hut with the lantern."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1549 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 17:35
Rice Run
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 298):
"Domo, friend!"
Chye waved, and headed towards the Elder's place.
Iskander
 player, 1667 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 17:37
Rice Run
"Where might we find the priest?"
Iskander asked, before following.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 916 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 22:41
Rice Run
"Iskander, it seems Chye is impatient.  Let us take care of the Omo's business, as he said.  No doubt the elder will be able to direct us when we have concluded that."
Iskander
 player, 1668 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 06:50
Rice Run
"A sound plan."
Village elder
 NPC, 1 post
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 18:46
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 302):

An old man supported by a staff steps out of one of the huts. Those in his line of sight bow to him.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 917 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 22:53
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen will follow suit, bowing deeply to the elder, but holding his silence for the moment.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1551 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 24 Aug 2019
at 00:14
Rice Run
Chye bows.
"We bid you greetings, elder-sama. On the behalf of Lord Sakemoko, we have have come to exchange goods for the rice."
Village elder
 NPC, 2 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:28
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 305):

"That reprobate has owned up to his end of the bargain? it is about time! the warehouse is full of his rice, and empty of all things that bring savor. This alien land has not the comforts our ancestors enjoyed, and almost daily we are beset by random incursions of  the bizarre folk of this place. Come, be feasted, have some roast duck, and the last of our tea."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1552 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 06:38
Rice Run
At the mention of food and tea, Chye is happy to oblige!
02:36, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 6 using 3d6.  heraldry defaulting from savoir-faire 14-3 11 or less.
Chye correctly recalls and articulates the heraldry he encountered on monsieur hood's men, and  brings it up in the dinner conversation...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:15, Mon 26 Aug 2019.

Village elder
 NPC, 3 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 13:09
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 307):
"Those men trouble us not, nor do they help any, keeping ever to their own kind. When the old baron and his son were here, they were at least courteous, but that virtue died with the man, and it as if we dwelt among bakemono for all the civility we find among these Gaijin.  The new baron is worse, his troops with the golden sheaf of wheat on black and red check are as akaname, filth eaters."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:33, Fri 30 Aug 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1554 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 16:23
Rice Run
"The men who do not trouble you, are the old baron's men. We met them in the forest, after we made camp, and they rob the wicked baron, and those who do business with him. We know the Baronet is back in the city of Northport, from whence we came. When we return, we plan to seek him out, tell him that he has men loyal to him out here, and see if we can arrange a meeting with our lord, and perhaps, by working together, we can improve your lot here. It makes Chye angry to hear from these men, how the others make free with your women, and there is no justice!"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Fri 30 Aug 2019.

Village worker
 NPC, 1 post
 Laborer
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:35
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 309):

One of the women enters with a tray of roast duck, rice, and tea.
She bows and turns away quickly at Chye's  last comment.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 NPC, 143 posts
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:42
Rice Run
In reply to Village worker (msg # 310):

Tanaka bows low to the woman as she departs.
"For the village to be this defenseless in the face of oppression is unforgivable. Perhaps it is time for me to cease my wandering."
Iskander
 player, 1669 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 21:12
Rice Run
"It is good, for I have fought with this man."
Iskander vouched.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 918 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 22:55
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen continues listening, and accepts food when it is polite to do so.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1556 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 23:27
Rice Run
19:26, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 14 using 3d6.  savoir faire 14.

19:24, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 9 using 3d6.  gluttony 12 or less.

Chye manages to mind his manners, and not pig out, when the food arrives.
Miko
 NPC, 27 posts
 Catfolk
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 17:58
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 314):

"Most venerable one, we have brought bricks of tea, dried squid, five spice powder and barrels of aged soy sauce, along with some strings of cash to exchange for the fruits of your harvest."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 774 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 22:48
Rice Run
Ales quietly listens as the others speak. He enjoys the food provided by the hosts and thanks them for their hospitality.

"I would like to help ease the suffering of your people in a small way. He reaches for his coin purse and discretely places fifty dollars in assorted coins in the chief's hand."

Ales begins to wave his hands and chants. The sky is filled with the most beautiful reds and oranges as an image of the blessed dragonfly appears overhead and zips around playfully. "May this be a small token of my appreciation of your generosity towards us."

(Ooc:18:44, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 7 using 3d6.  Perfect Illusion 14.Roll passes.)
Village shaman
 NPC, 4 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 16:04
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 316):

A man in robes and beads with a head shaven except for his queue bows and enters the elder's home.
" I have just seen a vision of Akitsu-san in the sky. It is an omen of great portent."
 He looks around at your peculiar group.
Village elder
 NPC, 4 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 16:06
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 316):

The elder bows to the priest as he enters, and to Ales.
"Your gift is well intentioned, but coin enough comes from your lord. There is another matter I would ask your assistance with."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 13:42, Thu 05 Sept 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 919 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 22:32
Rice Run
"What is your need, elder?"  Chou-Zhen speaks softly and keeps his expression neutral, knowing well the effect of letting his face have its way.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1557 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 02:08
Rice Run
In reply to Village elder (msg # 318):
"Whatever Chye can help with, Chye will do."

Iskander
 player, 1670 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 02:09
Rice Run
Iskander nods in approval.
"Of course, I will help as well."
Village elder
 NPC, 5 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 13:57
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 321):

"When we came to this place a generation ago, it seems we had brought some yokai with us. As our villiage has grown, so have they. Many are harmless, and we are used to them. Others have become freeer in their actions, as only a few household guardians accompanied us to this place. Our potter strives to build receptacles for them to dwell in, but many who came did so without the memorials to their ancestors, and sadly some have forgotten the names of the founders of their families. Your master said he was sending Lee Phuong to negotiate the consecration and copying of some of our ancestral shrines and geneologies, that our ancestors muight come to protect us in these foreign lands.
 Until such time as he returns with a means of invoking our ancestral guardians, we require assistance in dealing with the yokai who plague us. Some we can propriate, although I tell you, lamp oil is dear."

Village shaman
 NPC, 5 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 14:01
Rice Run
In reply to Village elder (msg # 322):

"There have been sightings of many on the roads, and even within the village,  including tragic ghosts that have followed families from the homeland. It is surprising that some of those came, when the ancestors did not. I expect that exorcisms and blessings performed back home had given them little choice. With such spirits, the good within them has already found rest, and all that remains is resentment and hunger."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 920 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 22:07
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's queue lashes.

"Please, respected elder, I learned my mother's tongue as an adult, and I hear Yokai as the same as shijie, or sekai, but I hear you using it as if you mean -- oh! Spectre!"  He inserts the Shevnian word, as closer to the connotation he detected.

"You have many of these spirits?  And what has that to do with lamp oil?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1558 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 01:53
Rice Run
"Chye expect lamps and lanterns keep the spirits at bay, for they do not like light, and some do not like music either."
Village elder
 NPC, 6 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 02:04
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 325):

"while the lanterns may keep some of things at bay, perhaps less so than daylight, we have been finding lanterns completely drained of oil when there should have been enogh for another day."
Iskander
 player, 1671 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 03:27
Rice Run
"Missing lamp oil? Sounds like the work of mischievous spirits, to me.."

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 921 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 09:08
Rice Run
"Have you anyone among you who uses, or can sense magic?"
Iskander
 player, 1672 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 10:24
Rice Run
06:17, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  hidden lore (undead) ~ 12.
Thinking on how he's studied undead, and how to assuage some of the restless ones, Iskander offered up some of what he knew: "Restless spirits can sometimes be assuaged by leaving the blood of animals in a basin, and also pouring out libations to them, can help. Often, the blood can give the spirits temporary form, so they can then, enjoy and consume the libations offered them.. Have you tried such a thing? Perhaps they will behave, and become more manageable, until Senyor Phuong, can return with what you ultimately require.."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:31, Fri 06 Sept 2019.

Village elder
 NPC, 7 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 15:15
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 328):

"We are simple folk. We have the priest, Saishi, who serves us well."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1559 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 17:39
Rice Run
"Well met, priest. We encountered Akitsu-san on the road, and he lit upon Chye, and blessed our group. He is very lucky. Does he require anything in return, from the village for his protection?" Chye bowed to the priest in greeting.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:40, Fri 06 Sept 2019.

Village shaman
 NPC, 6 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 20:28
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 331):

"Akitsu-san keeps the great ka away from the village, even as his little cousins hunt ka themselves. He hears our prayers, and land upon his image in the sand to be fanned and hear our songs. Alas he protects only against the ka, and we are left with the problem of the yokai."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 922 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 22:54
Rice Run
"If the yokai dislike the light, it seems you might use magical lights to save lamp oil, or even eliminate the need.

"I can teach the magic, if one of your people is able to learn it.  Two spells are needed; one creates a little floating light like a candle, another binds it to an object for a period of days, and brightens it, even to rival daylight."

Village shaman
 NPC, 7 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 18:04
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 333):

The priest looks over at the elder.
"The serving woman who was just here, Ming-Sa... Her people travelled with the others because her great grandmother was cast out of their village on presumption of witchcraft. She may be a good candidate."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 22:10, Tue 10 Sept 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 924 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 10:59
Rice Run
"If I might speak with her, I will attempt to determine if she has the talent needed.  I do not have the knowledge to directly detect her ability, but I believe we can find that out in other ways."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1560 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 14:47
Rice Run
"You want us to patrol the roads and village, and confront these yokai?
Through force and diplomacy, we may rid you of as many as we can. Also, if these "wheat checks" show up to take their liberties, Chye give them more than they bargain for!"
Chye clenches a fist.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:51, Sun 08 Sept 2019.

Village worker
 NPC, 2 posts
 Laborer
Tue 10 Sep 2019
at 22:11
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 335):

The woman reenters to clear plates, her head downward.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 925 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 10 Sep 2019
at 22:41
Rice Run
"Elder, will you introduce us?"  Chou-Zhen gestures toward Ming-Sa.
Iskander
 player, 1673 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 05:19
Rice Run
01:15, Today: Iskander rolled 8 using 3d6.  IQ ~ 13 (roll against IQ/magery 0).
Iskander quietly regarded the woman, feeling for mana ripples emanating from her...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1561 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 16:22
Rice Run
12:11, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 13 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13.
Chye tries to diffuse the tension and make the woman feel more at ease.
"Konnichiwa, Ming-Sa-kun. Please join us."
Chye makes room on the mat beside him.
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 1 post
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 20:02
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 340):

Embarrassed, the woman kneels beside you on the mat, at a little bit of a distance.
Village elder
 NPC, 8 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 20:06
Rice Run
In reply to Ming-Sa (msg # 341):

"Esteemed guests, this is Ming-Sa, whose ancestry may be invaluable to your novel solution to our problem. Ming-Sa, these are the envoys from Sakemoko, also here to confront the mischievous  yokai."
Iskander
 player, 1674 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 22:28
Rice Run
"I am Iskander. Pleased to meet you, Senyoreta."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1562 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 22:39
Rice Run
"Am Chye Iseul. 蔡 이슬 *Mountain Dew* Chye's great grandfather is the benevolent golden dragon "Chye Chy" 蔡
 茶葉*Mountain Tea Leaf*, the grandson of the half-dragon,
 Chye Wu 蔡 武 *Mountain Warrior*,
and the son of Chye Xiāo 蔡 霄 *Mountain Cloud*."

Chye places his palms together and bows.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 926 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 23:29
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen summons his most careful Sahudese.

"I am Chou-Zhen Mou.  Though I may not look human, my mother, Mou Lin, is a native child of Sahud, brought to Northport before my birth.  Though my father is not of this world, I am no oni.

"I am a wizard in the employ of the Daimyo Sakemoko.

"The elder has informed us that you have ancestors who might have had the talent for magic.  If this is correct, and if the talent has come down to you, I may be able to teach you ways to keep the yokai at bay.

"Would you be willing to attempt to learn two simple spells of light?  If you are able do so, you will have the skill to make bright magical lights that will last days without consuming lamp oil."

Ming-Sa
 NPC, 2 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 01:53
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 345):

"This one would be most grateful for the opportunity to learn."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 927 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 09:15
Rice Run
Careful not to smile (Chou-Zhen knows the effect his smile has on humans), he places his left palm over his right fist and bows his head to Ming-Sa.

"You honor me, and the ancestors.  When would you have time to begin to learn?"

Village elder
 NPC, 9 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 17:18
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 347):

"She is relieved of her other duties in order to attempt this important work."




Make a thaumatology and a teaching roll for each spell, and  also a teaching of Thaumatology roll. she has a few points to spend.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 928 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 21:29
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen begins the teaching process immediately after the meal.  He begins by teaching her about magic, at least as it relates to spells of Light and Darkness, then proceeds to the spells themselves.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1563 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 22:15
Rice Run
Chye goes and finds the local excuse for a tavern, and..
18:05, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  singing ~ 16.
18:05, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  Lute ~ 15.

Chye tunes his tortoise shell lute, begins a melody, and sings:
"The cows and sheep are moving slowly down,
Each villager has shut his wicker gate.
The wind and moon disturb the clear night,
This landscape of rivers and hills is not my homeland..."

*instrumental*
"A spring flows from the stones of a darkening cliff,
The autumn dew drips on the grass's roots.
My white head is within the brightness of the lamp,
What need for the flower to flourish so..?"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:20, Thu 12 Sept 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 775 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 09:04
Rice Run
Ales keeps viligant, looking out for any signs of yokai or of the robber Baron's men.

04:57, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception 13, to look for the evil Baron's men.

04:57, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception 13, to look for yokai.
Narrator
 GM, 6789 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 20:19
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 351):

While Chye draws the lunch crowd's applause (and now a carousing roll with a +2 bonus is in order)
Ming-Sa proves a very quick learner, quietly asking questions about magical theory and able to, after an hour of practice, call a sphere of l8ght into being, and move it about. Soon after she causes a stone to glow.

In the daylight, there is little sign of ghosts or fae things, and at the moment, the horizon is free from any bearing the banner of the checked wheat sheaves.

Tanaka is mindfully patroling the outer edge of the paddy, and you can see him attacked by what looks like an enourmous mosquito, about two feet long, which he quickly  cleaves in half.
Iskander
 player, 1675 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 21:04
Rice Run
Iskander attended the magical lesson, and was able to gain some magical knowledge!
16:58, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  thaumatology ~ 12+1 ( +1 with attentive bonus)
"Excelsior! He vist la llum!!

This message was last edited by the player at 21:04, Fri 13 Sept 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6793 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 21:08
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 353):

If you can apply enough points  to get a MH skill to 11, you can cast light!... alternatively  you can apply free points tpo Thaumatology.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:45, Tue 17 Sept 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1564 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 21:15
Rice Run
17:05, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 4 using 3d6.  carousing ~ 15. (crit, natural 4!)
17:09, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 10 using 3d6.  performance ~ 14.
Chye delivers a smooth performance, and is a total hit!

This message was last edited by the player at 21:16, Fri 13 Sept 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 929 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 22:52
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen bows once again to Ming-Sa.  "You have brought honor on your ancestors.  Now, let us go about and create enough lights to make the yokai uncomfortable here."

Chou-Zhen will offer to Lend Energy when she tires; he can recover his fatigue more rapidly.  We'll concentrate on making 4-point lights (bright as a torch), and should be able to make at least four or five each, with appropriate rests, before dark.
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 3 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 14:28
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 356):

The newly minted spellcaster works dutifully as her facility with continual light grows.

Chye is regaled with brotherhood and tales of something that drinks lamp oil, and strange faceless men that can see you from behind... and something that lurks near the outhouse.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1567 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 22:41
Rice Run
Chye addresses the multitude:
"Brothers we've come to help solve your problems, and protect you from the bad men, and rid you of the bad yokai. We Thank your elder for his hospitality, and any help you can give us while we are here will be greatly appreciated.
Am Chye Iseul. 蔡 이슬 *Mountain Dew* Knight-errant of the Jiaghu. Chye's great grandfather is the benevolent golden dragon "Chye Chy" 蔡 茶葉*Mountain Tea Leaf*, the grandson of the half-dragon,
Chye Wu 蔡 武 *Mountain Warrior*,
and the son of Chye Xiāo. 蔡 霄 *Mountain Cloud*

"When it gets dark tonight, Chye shall go forth and confront he who's abode is in-the-commode!
maybe we find someone to teach Ming-Sa-kun, some cleaning spells, and after, they won't have any more flavor to savor! Ho ho ho!"

Chye strums out a ditty,for emphasis.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:43, Sun 15 Sept 2019.

Village laborer
 NPC, 14 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 16:00
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 358):

"Dreams free of the wailing maiden and the filth licjker will be good"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Thu 19 Sept 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 930 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 22:10
Rice Run
"Wailing maiden, filth licker, and something that drinks the lamp oil?  You may sleep better with the lights Ming-Sa and I have made, but it sounds as if we may be up all night."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1568 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 19 Sep 2019
at 23:23
Rice Run
"You may be right! Chye take a nap, and sleep off this meal. wake up fresh, to deal with yokai, and whatever else. Is there somewhere we may rest for awhile, and prepare ourselves?" Chye was hoping he'd get offers of hospitality for himself, if not the group as a whole, but he'd take whatever he could get!
Ales Konstantin
 player, 776 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 01:26
Rice Run
Ales patrols the area, looking for signs of yokai and other troublemakers.
Narrator
 GM, 6817 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 14:05
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 361):

Ales gets a very good sense of the layout of the village. The others are directed to a space beneath a stilt house withwoven floors and paper walls.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 777 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 16:44
Rice Run
Using the information he acquired from his patrol, Ales devises a strategy to defend the village from yokai and bandits, recruiting as many villagers as he can to assist in the efforts.

12:26, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 9 using 3d6.  Leadership 13.

12:26, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 12 using 3d6.  Strategy 12.
Iskander
 player, 1676 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 19:05
Rice Run
15:00, Today: Iskander rolled 16 using 3d6.  tactics ~ 13. retry

15:00, Today: Iskander rolled 14 using 3d6.  tactics ~ 13.

14:58, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

Iskander patrols, but has trouble formulating good tactical logistics, due to the unfamiliar swamp terrain..
"Marjal malet!"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 931 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 22:31
Rice Run
"Should we stay outdoors and awake, or post watches and let as many sleep as may?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1569 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 23:19
Rice Run
"We can ask the one giving us lodgings if they will rouse us, should trouble occur, and no doubt, they'd be obliged." Chye spread his cloak out on the mat, and sat down.
Narrator
 GM, 6822 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:40
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 367):

Ales  sets up a few barricades in the roads, as bandits have never come from through the paddy. As to defending against  ghosts, make an occultism roll, at -4 if you don't have cultural familiarity Sahudese.
Iskander
 player, 1677 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:50
Rice Run
16:48, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  Hidden Lore (undead) ~ 12.
Iskander helps, and remembers some things he has heard, and read among the sahudese undead.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 932 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 21:38
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen recalls tales his mother told when he was a child, as well as things he heard while learning Sahudese.
Narrator
 GM, 6829 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 20:47
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 370):

Many yokai are compelled to count things, like grains of rice. Peach wood is often a repellent, and red silk ribbons are often an obstacle.
Prayer scrolls hanging on red ribbon are better in this regard.



Miko and the other catfolk are attending to the oxen.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 933 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 22:38
Rice Run
"Unless there are peach trees growing near here, I do not know where we might obtain peach wood, but my armor is adorned with silk ribbons, some of them red.

"I could sacrifice those ribbons to aid in protecting the village, especially if there are prayer scrolls, or if some could be made, to hang from the ribbons."

Miko
 NPC, 28 posts
 Catfolk
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 18:55
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 372):

"I also have some red silk, used to wrap a bundle of Joss sticks"
Village shaman
 NPC, 8 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 18:58
Rice Run
In reply to Miko (msg # 373):

"We will burn some of those in the shrine. I have two scrolls, one a mandala depicting all of the gods, the other a prayer I have laid a blessing on"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:37, Thu 26 Sept 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 934 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 21:50
Rice Run
"Excellent.  Can we defend the whole village with so little, or need we concentrate the effect?  Perhaps around the privies?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1570 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 27 Sep 2019
at 00:10
Rice Run
Chye is resting, to be at his fighting best, after the trip, and large meal.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 00:10, Fri 27 Sept 2019.

Village shaman
 NPC, 9 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 01:45
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 375):

"The drowned spirit is perhaps more formidable. The filth eater is responsible for a number of people experiencing flux, and developing boils on their nethers where they were licked. While abominable, it has not claimed any lives. The same cannot be said of the drowned maiden, and there has been a wasting sickness among those living further from the rice fields, toward the forrest.  I have been making them strong tea to fortify them, but their health is failing, and they seem as pale as those bitten by ka."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:17, Sun 13 Oct 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 935 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 21:35
Rice Run
"I would like to survey that portion of the village nearest the forest.

"Along our way here, we encountered a fallen star stone in the forest that dampens magic.  Its influence had caused some magical creatures of this land to go out of their way toward the city.  It may be that it is affecting those nearest the forest.  If that is the case, those most weakened might be aided by moving them further from the forest.

"Is the drowned maiden seen most near the forest, as well?  Is it known whose spirit she might be?"

Village shaman
 NPC, 10 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 21:30
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 378):

"My predecessor called her Kodokuna Otome. It is said she was betrothed to a villager named Fuun'na Nakama, who left the village to seek his fortune, promising to return. He was never seen again. She waited for him, but became despondent after many months, and threw herself into the river. We do not know what happened to him, but the great beast was active then, and the old shaman believed he fell victim to it."
Iskander
 player, 1678 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 22:00
Rice Run
In reply to Village shaman (msg # 379):
"I have the means to destroy these ghosts, for good..But we should find these spirits, and reunite them. Then, they may return good to the village, as properly assuaged, ancestral spirits ought. If only someone here, had the spells to summon spirit, and the seek spell. Knowing the full name, could even lead us to remains, which we could then give the proper rites."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:05, Sun 29 Sept 2019.

Village shaman
 NPC, 11 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 12:58
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 380):

" The same ritual used to call the recent ancestors may serve to call upon this unfortunate fellow. Seeking lost things I cannot do."

This message was last updated by the player at 12:58, Tue 08 Oct 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1679 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 19:40
Rice Run
In reply to Village worker (msg # 381):
"We should summon the spirits, then. I have this fan, that was made especially to deal with spectrals, if need be.. So, do not fear."
Iskander opens his magic fan, with a flourish. *covering the bottom half of his face, for effect*
Narrator
 GM, 6853 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 19:47
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 382):

That item is specifically made to combat creatures of air, and might work on other discorporate entities. It also lends its effects to incense that is burned.
Iskander
 player, 1680 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 19:53
Rice Run
OOC sounds like a very useful tool around here, indeed.
Village shaman
 NPC, 11 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 18:09
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 384):

"This one's spirit may be tied o he place he died, if he is actually dead. I need to see his nephew to find out if here any personal effects remaining, and If I can teach them the words of the ceremony."
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 4 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 13:02
Rice Run
In reply to Village shaman (msg # 385):

"Honorable son of tentacle beast, is there more that you can teach me? I will begin making objects with the brightness of sunlight as you have taught me,  yet this one wishes to do more."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:07, Tue 08 Oct 2019.

Village shaman
 NPC, 12 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 13:04
Rice Run
In reply to Ming-Sa (msg # 386):

"Come with me to the house of our lost paramour's family, and I will teach you the words to the summoning ritual."


The day stretches as you rest. Upon waking near sunset, you note many bright lights...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1571 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 19:25
Rice Run
Chye awakes refreshed, and mills about the village, talking to the people.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 936 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 8 Oct 2019
at 22:03
Rice Run
"The only other spell of light that I know is Darkness, and I doubt it meets your needs in the way spells that make light do.  I can teach you to find and purify water, if you wish, even to create it from nothing.  Useful for preventing illnesses that can be borne by bad water.

"I can teach you to seek and shape earth; this might be useful in expanding the paddies or managing the flooding and drainage each season.

"I can teach you to light a lamp or fire by magic, perhaps even to create a fire without fuel, though it will only burn so long as you feed it with your energy.  Brightly glowing magical lights are fine, but cooking requires the heat of a fire -- though in truth, if you have the time, it is less tiring to make fire by friction or with a flint.

"These are all of the same difficulty as the magic I have already taught you.  Which do you have the time and energy to learn?"

Ming-Sa
 NPC, 5 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:09
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 389):

"I could learn to purify water, and the shaman asked if you can teach me to send him energy, that I might assist with his summoning."
Iskander
 player, 1681 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 05:24
Rice Run
Iskander will attend, to broaden his magical studies further.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 937 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 08:57
Rice Run
"Those are good, honorable choices.  In order to purify water, you must first learn to seek it magically."

With that, Chou-Zhen begins teaching Ming-Sa, starting with Seek Water, then Purify Water, and Lend Energy.
Iskander
 player, 1682 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 10:05
Rice Run
06:03, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  thaumatology ~ 12.

06:03, Today: Iskander rolled 12 using 3d6.  thaumatology ~ 12.

06:03, Today: Iskander rolled 12 using 3d6.  thaumatology ~ 12.

Iskander expands his knowledge of the workings of magic!
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 6 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 12:56
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 393):

The student seems to comprehend what she has been taught.

Preparations are underway;
She will join the priest and a relative of the long missing man in an attempt to Summon his spirit, while the rest of you try to deal with whatever else comes.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1572 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 00:49
Rice Run
Chye will gather a small quantity of purified rice, sufficient for scattering to confound the yokai, then he heads off to the commode, to investigate...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:50, Sun 13 Oct 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6889 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 04:21
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 395):

The outhouse is a simple thatch roofed shed raised slightly above the ground,, with a few stained planks with holes cut in them. In the heat of summer, the holes may be covered to reduce the effluvia from below.

Not too far off is the bath house, with woven tubs and a large clay vessel where water is heated.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1573 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 05:13
Rice Run
"Hoo-Flung Poo! Where are you? He-who's-abode, is in the commode,...Chye has come for you!" Chye taunts sing-songedly, as he opens the door.
He has left his polearm with his host, for it is too cumbersome in close quarters. He is unarmed, except his nunchaku, tucked in his sash.
Narrator
 GM, 6894 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 05:18
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 397):

There is a faint scraping sound in the room, but Chye cannot see the source.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 938 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 26 Oct 2019
at 22:46
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen follows Chye to the privies, leather whip loose in his right hand.  He opens the door wide, to let as much of the village's new light into the building as possible.
Narrator
 GM, 6951 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 02:04
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 399):

As the light floods the place, there is a hissing sound from the corner. There is a smell, stronger and fouler than the holes in the outhouse floor.


Per-4 please

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:04, Sun 27 Oct 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1575 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 02:08
Rice Run
22:06, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 10 using 3d6.  perception ~ 12-4, 8 or less.
"Chye can smell, and hear you... show yourself."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 939 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 10:53
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen peers into the privy.
Narrator
 GM, 6952 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 14:01
Rice Run
Chye feels a damp slap on his wrist...
It begins to itch, and has a brownish stain.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1576 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 27 Oct 2019
at 15:26
Rice Run
11:21, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13.
"See, this is why we here, spirit. Stop licking folks! It's becoming a problem. We're working with the elder and priest to try and assuage you and the other spirits. What is it you really want, and we'll try and make it happen..."
Chye scatters a handful of purified rice onto the floor, in the lit portion of the commode. He hoped the thing would be compelled to come forth, and count them.
11:44, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 3d6.  HT ~ 13. (gets a +1 to HT from fit, so effectively 14)
The hale and hardy Chye is grossed out by the filth, but lingering ill-effects shouldn't be forthcoming...

This message was last edited by the player at 15:49, Sun 27 Oct 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 940 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 28 Oct 2019
at 09:11
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen flips his leather whip forward, makes a silent gesture, and a small light like a candle flame springs up from the popper of the whip, to remain as the whip is twitched to another position.
Narrator
 GM, 6956 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 01:38
Rice Run
The rice grains begin to align themselves in a row, one at a time, although the ones touched acquire a stain.

With the additional light, make per-1 rolls
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 941 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 09:00
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen casts another candle-like light on the floor, a yard or so from the first.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1579 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 09:25
Rice Run
05:22, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 12 using 3d6.  perception ~ 12-1, 11 or less.
Unable to see, Chye storms out of the commode, and toward the bathhouse. He throws his arms up, and a stream of curses follow him, as he goes to get the filth off his arm.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 942 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 21:37
Rice Run
His queue lashing vigorously, Chou-Zhen continues peering into the privy while reaching up with his whip to feel for the door's lintel.  Once he touches the wood, he speaks a phrase he recently taught Ming-Sa, and the lintel blazes with light.


OOC: Chye, did you forget the effect of the blessing we all received?
Chye Isuel
 player, 1580 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 29 Oct 2019
at 22:16
Rice Run
OOC: i remember the blessing, but i don't remember any effects being mentioned, and nothing has manifested yet.
Akaname
 NPC, 1 post
 Long tongued goblin
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 01:27
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 410):

You had a bonus on the HT roll thatnhelped you deflect the infection.


With all of the light, Chou-Zen can now see a faint shadow beside the rice, of a small goblin like creature
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 943 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 09:14
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks steadily at the little creature.

"Back in Northport, folk much like you are artisans, good neighbors.  Why must you behave as you do?"

OOC: Chye should also have had that bonus on the perception roll, no?
Iskander
 player, 1683 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 14:33
Rice Run
Iskander spots Chye, and watches him leave the commode, in his animated and vocal fashion.
Curious, he heads over to see what all the fuss is about...
"Chye, what goes on, here?"

Akaname
 NPC, 2 posts
 Long tongued goblin
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 14:38
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 412):

The shadow creature, which is still not quite visible, is far smaller than the bakemono of Northport. It might be two and a half feet tall, if it werent crouched near the opening in the floor, counting grains of rice.

The blessings of Akitsu-san were not quite enough to percieve the invisible Yokai until things became better lit.

Outside, Chye is on his way to the bath house to rinse away the stain the creature left on his arm, although the blessings of the dragonfly have saved him from sores and boils.

Miko, one of the neko whom travelled with you, is staring at the lantern...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1581 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:43
Rice Run
"Iskander-san!, it licked Chye with it's filthy tongue! Chye threw "purify-rice" in there, to keep him busy, but it dark in there, Chye not see him! We go back! Chou-Zhen-san, making light in there, now!"
Chye uses soap and hot water, and washes away the nasty brown stain, on his lower arm.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 16:44, Sat 02 Nov 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1685 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:46
Rice Run
Upon hearing Chye's news, Iskander rushes towards the Commode, with Chye in tow!
Narrator
 GM, 6973 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 18:45
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 416):

Chou-Zen  has about 6 actions before they arrive.
Ales?
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 945 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 23:10
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen waits two (of someone else's) heartbeats for a response from the Yokai.  If he gets none, he'll flip his leather whip close to the partially visible little creature and speak a word.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 778 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 4 Nov 2019
at 14:13
Rice Run
Ales, hearing the commotion at the latrine, moves from his patrol spot near the roads and heads as quickly as possible to the outhouse.  As it is growing quite dark, and he imagines fairly dark in the latrine itself, Ales casts flaming sword on his scimitar as he heads in to deal with this newest threat.

09:12, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  Flaming Weapon (14).
Akaname
 NPC, 3 posts
 Long tongued goblin
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 00:46
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 418):

There is a shriek and a blast of light from within the latrine. Sparks shoot out through the door, under the eaves, and from under the foundation
(The floor is about a foot off the ground, and the holes in the floor drop into a pit below.


Chou-Zen  can see the blackened silhouette of the creature as it twitchp past thees and jerks, its yard long tounge flicking spazmodically as it is battered by electrical discharge... then it collapses in a blackened heap, its charred hair standing on end.

Meanwhile... Ales and Chye make per-2 checks as you step past the bathhouse on the way back to Chou-Zen

Iskander, make a per-2 roll as you move past one of the lamps on your way to the latrine.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:51, Tue 05 Nov 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1583 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 01:21
Rice Run
20:14, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 11 using 3d6.  perception ~ 12 -2, 10 or less to succeed
Chye keeps moving, unbothered! he actually begins to sing self-themed battle song, as be beats upon his armored chest!
20:17, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 10 using 3d6.  singing ~ 15
"Chye Kill the fight, Kanashimi bara maki.
Chye Kill the fight, Kodoku o sodateru.
Chye Kill the fight, Kono tatakai o, Ore wa ima tataku
Kono yo ni ikiru koto ga, Sabaku de aru kagiri wa
Oh Baby! Ashita mo mata chi to namida ga ochiru soshite kiete yuku
Chye Kill the fight, Nanika ga meijiru
Chye Kill the fight, Ore no uchigawa de
Chye Kill the fight, Kokoro naki kokoro, ore wa ima taosu

Subete ga yami ni umore, hikari o ushinattemo
Oh Baby! Ore no mune no hoshi ni dakare nemure sousa itsumademo

Chye Kill the fight, Kanashimi bara maki.
Chye Kill the fight, Kodoku o sodateru.
Chye Kill the fight, Kono tatakai o ore wa ima tataku

Chye Kill the fight, Nanika ga meijiru
Chye Kill the fight, Ore no uchigawa de
Chye Kill the fight, Kokoro naki kokoro, ore wa ima taosu

(Chye kill the fight!)
(Chye kill the fight!)
(Chye kill the fight!)
(Chye kill the fight!)"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:23, Tue 05 Nov 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1686 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 01:25
Rice Run
20:22, Today: Iskander rolled 8 using 3d6.  perception ~ 13 -2, 11 or less to succeed .
Iskander stops, and notices something....
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 947 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 10:00
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen waits for the cloud of sparks (and the tiny lights) to expire, then steps inside the privy and to the side, so the light from the lintel shines full on the small creature.

His queue lashes vigorously as he looks up at Chye, Ales, and Iskander's approach.

"That was such a minor spell, yet the creature has died.  I believe the bright light actually harms them."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 779 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 13:31
Rice Run
Ales is befuddled, unable to comprehend what has happened.

08:27, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 15 using 3d6.  Perception 13, -2 penalty = vs.11.
Akaname
 NPC, 4 posts
 Long tongued goblin
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 17:45
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 423):

The creature, not quite dead, twitches, stunned.



Meanwhile, Ales concentrates on reaching the scene od the spark storm.

Iskander, meanwhile notices something strange, a speading stain on the paper wall of the bath house.
Iskander
 player, 1687 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 18:05
Rice Run
"Chye, something is happening at the bath house!"
Iskander breaks off, to investigate.
Narrator
 GM, 6985 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 19:36
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 426):

Iskande looks into the bath house

Per-1
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 948 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 23:53
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen, on realizing the creature isn't quite gone, gestures to summon a crackling ball of force into his left hand, aims briefly, then releases it at the twitching Yokai.
Iskander
 player, 1688 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 06:49
Rice Run
01:48, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  perception ~ 13-1, 12 or less.
Iskander peers inside...
Akaname
 NPC, 5 posts
 Long tongued goblin
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 22:57
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 428):

The creature remains stunned, and crackles with energy, seemingly more injured.

Iskander sees wet footprints advancing from the damp spot in the bathouse toward the opposite wall.
Iskander
 player, 1689 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 23:17
Rice Run
18:15, Today: Iskander rolled 8 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 16.
Drawing his magical large knife, Iskander stalks the foot prints...
Narrator
 GM, 6989 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 01:15
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 431):

The footsteps reach the other ricepaper wall, and a damp spot begins to form on it...
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 949 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 09:46
Rice Run
"You are tougher than you seemed."  He repeats the gesture, aims briefly, then releases the new missile.
Akaname
 NPC, 6 posts
 Long tongued goblin
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 23:30
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 433):

The creature collapses into a deep torporous state, its eyes wide open and its tongue lolling
Chye Isuel
 player, 1586 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 00:13
Rice Run
19:11, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 15 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 15.
Chye in his zeal, nearly blunders, but is able to stealth his way behind Iskander.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:13, Fri 08 Nov 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 950 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 00:55
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen waits beside the seemingly unconscious Yokai, watching its movements and searching his memory for what kind of creature it is.
Narrator
 GM, 6996 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 15:09
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 436):

Hidden lore spirit lore would be more effective... you do have wild talent...
Ales Konstantin
 player, 780 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 17:30
Rice Run
Ales finally snaps out of his confusion and makes his way towards Chou.

12:26, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 8 using 3d6.  Perception 13, to figure out what is going on.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1586 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 17:37
Rice Run
Chye casts a handful of the purified rice onto the bathhouse floor.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 17:37, Fri 08 Nov 2019.

Akaname
 NPC, 7 posts
 Long tongued goblin
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 20:14
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 438):

Chou-Zen is standing over a small blackened green semi-material creature with tuffted hair and a filthy mouth and long toung, that appears to be uncounscious, and is crackling with electrical energy.

Spirit lore anyone?
Iskander
 player, 1691 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 20:27
Rice Run
Iskander watches Chye from hiding, waiting to see how the being making the footprints, responds...
15:28, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  Undead Lore ~ 12.
He isn't familiar with these particular types of spirits.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Fri 08 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6999 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 20:38
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 441):

The damp spot on the wall grows until it is human sized, and then begins to shrink. Something walked through the wall...
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 951 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 01:53
Rice Run
"Ah.  I had hoped you might bring Chye or Miko.  My mother is Sahudese, but I grew up in Northport, and did not associate much with her people until I was an adult.  One of them might recognize this thing.

"It was not particularly difficult to stun and it seemed the bright light actually harmed it slightly."

Narrator
 GM, 7005 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:11
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 441):

If the rice was thrown in front of the footsteps, they pause in front of them, with dripping water starting to pool, until it washes away the rice, at which point they continue to the oppoiste wall from their entry point, and disappear as a large damp spot forms on the shoji wall, as if having passed through.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1587 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 02:09
Rice Run
"Kodokuna Otome...?"
Chye speaks the name of the drowned maiden...
Ales Konstantin
 player, 782 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 15:44
Rice Run
Ales finally catches up with Chou. He sees the badly hurt yokai on the ground and is puzzled by it. "I wish I could help you identify it, but I am as much an outsider on these issues as you."

Ales grabs a stick and gently pokes the yokai. "Are you still alive?", he asks the yokai.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 952 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 23:43
Rice Run
"I believe it is stunned by my lightnings, as well as badly hurt.  It may even be unconscious from its injuries."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 783 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 14 Nov 2019
at 17:28
Rice Run
Ales, moved by compassion for the pitiful creatures wonders if first aid can be applied to the creature.

Ooc: Private to GM.
Yurei
 NPC, 1 post
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 03:43
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 445):

Something steps wetly outside of the bathhouse on the other side of the wet wall...and slowly turns toward Chye, a woman in soaking pale robes, her long black wet hair hanging in her face.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:33, Fri 15 Nov 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1589 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 01:51
Rice Run
"Konbanwa..."
Chye bows to the spirit.
"Am Chye Isuel. Your story is known to Chye and friends, who have come from afar.
We're going to try and find what became of Fuun'na Nakama... We believe that he fell victim to the great beast. At least that is what the shaman thinks... We will find the truth, and it is our mission that you find your peace. Chye asks, in the meanwhile... If you will relent, and not harm the villagers? There is much sorrow here..."

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 953 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 14:30
Rice Run
"I believe we could easily kill this creature, now, though it may require magic to do so.  Whether it is necessary is in question, along with whether it is possible to restrain it, since it seems partly insubstantial."  Chou-Zhen speaks to Ales in Aralaise, since no one else is around.
Yurei
 NPC, 2 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 16:11
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 450):

The spirit turns to face Chye and stares, then turns back the way she was walking.
Iskander
 player, 1692 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 18:17
Rice Run
Iskander withdraws from his position, having observed the whole encounter. This whole thing was definitely Sahudese. He could only hope they could all make good on Chye's promise...
(the spirit must have had a very good reaction to Chye, if the +4 he gets from Sahudese, was factored in.)

This message was last edited by the player at 18:36, Sat 16 Nov 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1590 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 18:35
Rice Run
Chye will remain bowed, until the spirit goes her way, then he will arise.
he will seek out the shaman, to tell him of the encounter, and also to ask where the woman's grave in the village might be, so he can see that there are fresh flowers placed there, and proper offerings made.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:35, Sat 16 Nov 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 784 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 20:02
Rice Run
"I would like not to kill the yokai if possible. But I have no clue what exactly it is, or how to deal with it?"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 954 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 23:29
Rice Run
"I do not know it either.  It is the one that has been licking people here in the privy, causing them to develop boils and such.

"I have some rope I do not mind perhaps soiling beyond repair; you could attempt to tie it, though I am unsure it is substantial enough for ropes to hold.  If it begins to wake, beware its tongue."

Iskander
 player, 1693 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 01:07
Rice Run
Iskander returns to the commode, seeing the now motionless yokai.
"Tie and gag it, to be sure. We should let the elder and shaman decide what to do with it."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 956 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 11:46
Rice Run
"Let us first see if ropes will hold it.  I do not think it is entirely material."
Iskander
 player, 1694 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 19:00
Rice Run
13:58, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  binding (judo) ~ 16.
Iskander deftly binds the yokai.
fix:
16:10, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  seamanship ~ 13 (knots).
Iskander deftly binds the yokai, using some ship's knots!

This message was last edited by the player at 21:11, Tue 19 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7036 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 21:07
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 459):

Judo binding is an arm lock, not knot tying. It does not default from that!
Narrator
 GM, 7075 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:52
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 460):

The wretched filth eater is bound, but the cords seem to slip through its semi material form.



Iq for you (and-1 for Chou) to find a better answer.
Iskander
 player, 1696 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:56
Rice Run
15:54, Today: Iskander rolled 7 using 3d6.  IQ -1 (13-1, 12 or less to suss out the problem).
realized too late, you ment the -1 was for Chou, but i still made a good roll!

"Hmm..Let's see what needs done here..."
Village shaman
 NPC, 13 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 20:59
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 454):

"It is good that you would do grave service, but her body was washed down the river, she was seen floating face diwn with hgv er hair spread out. If you wish to make a memorial, that you might burn joss, that is good, although we believe that whatever good was in her has ascended, only leaving the worst part of her spirit, just as she left her body behind to rot, so rots that part of her that harbors healosy and hate.
We are about to summon her lover, with the aid of his cousin, and Ming-Sa, and some personal effects, along with a sadly limited genealogy."

Narrator
 GM, 7076 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:00
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 462):

Red silk, known for its good luck, is often used to bind spirits, or block them.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1598 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:06
Rice Run
In reply to Village shaman (msg # 463):
Chye will pay craftsmen to build a small, wooden table shrine, to house a clay funerary tablet, and burn joss before it, while offering prayers. He will leave rice and wine, or soju, for the priest, as is custom.
Iskander
 player, 1697 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:09
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 464):
"We need red, silken cord, to bind this nasty. I'll go and see where some may be had. Keep it detained in the meanwhile, if you can. Sprinkle purified rice all around it, to keep it occupied, should it stir."
Iskander rushes off to the shaman, to make good on it's capture!

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:11, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 957 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 23:56
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks after Iskander, then speaks to himself.

"I have no purified rice.  Perhaps I should have carried some.  Still, I have ways to ensure the yokai remains still."


Extending his left hand, Chou-Zhen speaks a complex word, and his lightning whip springs forth.  By the brilliant light from the lintel and the unsteady blue radiance of the lightning, he watches the filthy creature for signs of recovery.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 786 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 23:58
Rice Run
Ales  ponders the matter.

18:52, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 13 using 3d6.  Iq check vs. 13.
Narrator
 GM, 7083 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 21:00
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 468):

The wretched creature is unconscious, not merely stunned. Its kind cannot be placated as some others can, but driven off and suitable obstacles laid in its path; salt, grains, seven color silk, peach wood or trees, or guardian statues that have been consecrated,
Ales Konstantin
 player, 787 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 16:32
Rice Run
"I think this may one of the yokai that can't be reasoned with. We may have to run  it off and suitable barriers erected to keep it from returning", he says to Chou.

He thinks for a moment longer. "It is a shame we can't gift it to the robber barons and take care of both of the villager's issues at once."
Narrator
 GM, 7094 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 21:11
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 470):

There might be a way to do that, if it were jugged in a sealed vessel and then placed into another, with the space between filled with something it could not pass through, like clean salted water, or rice that has been consecrated by the shaman.
Village shaman
 NPC, 14 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 21:13
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 465):

"Join us for the summoning, we could use one who shares blood with a member of the ceslestial hierarchy to assist. Additionally, you have the blessing of Akitsu-san."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1602 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:32
Rice Run
Chye places his palms together, and bows.
"Chye is honored to assist."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 958 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:51
Rice Run
"I think I should stay away from the summoning -- my own blood is from quite a different kind of beings than the celestial.  Besides, until we can find some red silken cordage, someone must watch this yokai lest it wake and escape."
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 7 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:56
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 473):

The new magician directs your attention to a middle aged visitor, and to a tray on the floor with a small scroll and a worn looking carved wooden pig.
"This is Qing. He is the nephew of the drowned spirit's missing fiance. The scroll is as much of a genealogy as we could gather, and the pig is a toy his uncle had carved for him, because of his birth year.. let us lite some joss, ring the gong, and call for him."
Iskander
 player, 1698 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:46
Rice Run
Iskander will lend his fan for use in the ritual, according to the shaman's earlier note of it, that it might be helpful.
"Well met, Quing."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:47, Thu 05 Dec 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1603 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:49
Rice Run
"Konbanwa, Quing-san."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 788 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 09:16
Rice Run
Ales asks the shaman where he might be able to get two jugs, one large enough for his yokai, and the other large enough to contain the first.
Village shaman
 NPC, 15 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 20:58
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 478):

"You need see the elder for such things, he can order distribution of vessels ssuch as a soy fermentation jar and a rice basket. I could provide sanctified rice."
He returns to the ceremony, with Iskander, Chye, Ming-Sa and Qing, burning joss, which Iskander waves heavenward with the fan, while the others recite the genealogy of Qing's wayward uncle.


Each of you can give 1 FP, spellcasters up to 3.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1604 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:03
Rice Run
Chye ponies up, his FP.
Iskander
 player, 1699 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:03
Rice Run
Iskander likewise.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 789 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:24
Rice Run
"If you would be willing to give me enough sanctified rice for my needs, I will gladly stay and give the energy for the ritual."

(Ooc: Assuming the shaman agrees, Ales will yield 3 FP for the ritual.)
Chye Isuel
 player, 1605 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:30
Rice Run
"What you aim to do with the yokai, anyways?"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 790 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:48
Rice Run
"Ideally, we will bind it with some red cord and place it into the smaller jug. We will then place it into the bigger jug with a generous amount of sanctified rice or salted water. When the goons that have been harassing the villager's come, we will simply gift the yokai to the goons. If we seal off the village from its return, I suspect it will turn its attention to the robbers and make their life miserable with illness and infection."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1606 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 01:05
Rice Run
"Ha ha! Chye like that idea! May their nethers become infested with boils! However, it's likely to draw swift retribution, and we must prepare well for that.. Run your plan by the elder, so he is prepared.. He may not want such risk."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 791 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 01:20
Rice Run
"Of course. I would never want to risk the villager's unnecessarily. I planned to staying and fighting these cretins until my breath left my body. But first, I think by putting our ghost friend to rest would do much good for both the village and her soul."
Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 1 post
 Shade of villager
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 21:05
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 486):
Your chants and prayers come to fruition,  a shape forms in the smoke from the burning incense.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:51, Wed 11 Dec 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1607 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 22:04
Rice Run
"Fuun'na Nakama-san... What happened to you?
Your love, Kodokuna Otome-san, has drowned herself in her grief for your having not returned to the village...and her anger and sadness plagues the village with fear and sickness..."

Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 2 posts
 Shade of villager
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 19:06
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 488):

The shape coalesces, and there is a strong smell of char.

A blotchy shape of a man with a basket on his back begins to form, and then the features blacken on one side and it bursts into flames.


"Why do you call on me?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1608 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 20:57
Rice Run
15:50, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 11 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13.
"Am Chye Iseul. Knight-Errant of the Jianghu. Iseul's grandfather is the dragon "Chye Chy" 蔡
 茶葉*Mountain Tea Leaf*, Iseul the grandson of the half-dragon,
 Chye Wu 蔡 武 *Mountain Warrior*,
and Isuel's father is Chye Xiāo. 蔡 霄 *Mountain Cloud* We need your help, Fuun'na Nakama-san, in bringing an end to a curse brought upon this village. Will you reunite with your betrothed,Kodokuna Otome-san, and help her find her peace? All would be grateful, and you will both be honored, in memory. What became of you, and is there anything we can do for you, now?"

This message was last edited by the player at 00:20, Thu 12 Dec 2019.

Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 3 posts
 Shade of villager
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 20:45
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 490):
he spectre of Fuun'na Najkama frowns, his appearance cycling out of his burned state for a moment.
"A dragon? Such a thing attacked me! It charged on its many legs and belched fire at me!"
As he says this, his features blister and char, and he is consumed again in flames. The odor of burnt flesh lies heavily about the room.







A point to Chye for getting the names from the depths of the thread

Chye Isuel
 player, 1609 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 13 Dec 2019
at 04:39
Rice Run
"Chye Chy is the benevolent golden dragon, in our homeland. There are evil dragons, but they do not bother us, or we them...in such conflicts between our interests, we use pawns to discourage the others endeavors. Did this dragon speak to you, Nakama-san? Did you learn it's name, before you were killed? As a descendant of Chye Chy, we don't like evil dragons going about murdering, and changing our image of majesty, benevolence and good fortune, to wickedness, tyranny, and fear, and projecting it onto the people. It pollutes our overall legacy of greatness, which are passed down in our culture, and the evil goes against our honorable traditions."
The Youxia steadfastly proclaimed.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:40, Fri 13 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7112 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 23:25
Rice Run
Make a natural philosophy roll (IQ-6) to figure what type of dragon that might be: belching flame, and charging with many legs...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1610 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 23:29
Rice Run
18:26, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 9 using 3d6.  natural philosophy (IQ-6) 6 or less.
Chye doesn't know what type of dragon, the spirit could be describing
Iskander
 player, 1700 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 15 Dec 2019
at 23:33
Rice Run
18:31, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  research ~ 14 (-4) 10 or less.
18:27, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  natural philosophy (IQ-6) 7 or less.

Iskander wasn't sure the creature was even a dragon, but maybe some other sort of reptilian, fire-breathing beast, perhaps.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 792 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 03:17
Rice Run
Ales is confused by the description of the many legged dragon.

(Ooc:22:13, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 9 using 3d6.  Natural philosophy (13-6)=7.)
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 8 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 15:02
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 496):

"Know then that Kodokuna Otome has drowned in her grief for you, and has been seeking to drown others in her rage at the loss and betrayal of you. She comes at night, and brings the strength of the river with her."
Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 4 posts
 Shade of villager
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 15:17
Rice Run
In reply to Ming-Sa (msg # 497):

"Aiiee my Kodokuna! She waits for me still?"


Who is with the filth eater, and who is in the shaman's hut... for that matter, is anyone outside?
Chye Isuel
 player, 1611 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 15:22
Rice Run
Chye nods solemnly to the spirit.
"She does indeed. Chye has only just met and spoken with her, near the bathhouse. Told her we would call you, Chye has."
Iskander
 player, 1701 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 15:24
Rice Run
Iskander is inside, fanning the incense, for the ritual.
Narrator
 GM, 7131 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 20:27
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 500):

That leaves Chou-Zen alone with the filth eater.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 959 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 23:36
Re: Rice Run
Narrator:
That leaves Chou-Zen alone with the filth eater.


OOC: Correct; the filth eater seemed unconscious at last check, and Chou-Zhen is standing over him with lightning whip ready, waiting for someone to return with red silk cordage (or word that there's none to be had).
Miko
 NPC, 29 posts
 Catfolk
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 21:28
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 502):

The cat girl enters l, and pulls a spool of red silk ribbon from her pouch."The master took unusual precautions. This should bevenough to bind it."
Iskander
 player, 1702 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 21:33
Re: Rice Run
"Always the resourceful one, Miko-san."
Iskander praises.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 960 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 22:25
Re: Rice Run
"Excellent foresight on his part, and well done for remembering it was there.  Is one of you skilled with knots?  It would be a shame to soil that beautiful silk and then have the creature escape."
Iskander
 player, 1703 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 23:13
Re: Rice Run
"I can bind it with ship's knots. If my job here is done, let's go do it."
Miko
 NPC, 30 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 14:54
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 505):


"I am skilled in the arts of Shibari and kinbaku. I can certainly  secure this one, although I will need salt water to wash my hands."
Iskander
 player, 1705 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 15:13
Re: Rice Run
Iskander nods, and keeps fanning the incense.
Narrator
 GM, 7144 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 20:51
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 508):

Iskander is in another building.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 961 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 21 Dec 2019
at 00:05
Re: Rice Run
"I don't know that we need shibari here, but a secure binding, to hold this creature from escaping or doing more mischief when it wakes.  And once again, my thanks for your assistance.

"I think we can obtain salt water in the bath house or from the shaman, once they have finished their summoning."


Chou-Zhen lets his lightning whip lapse, and helps hold the filthy creature while Miko ties it.
Village worker
 NPC, 4 posts
 Laborer
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 18:00
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 510):

After securely binding the creature, Miko steps out to obtain some salt, and, seeing a woman of the village outside, calls to her and asks for salt. The woman poinrs to a hut.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 962 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 23:31
Re: Rice Run
"Wait, Miko!  You shouldn't go alone with these yokai about.  This one is bound, I will accompany you."
Village worker
 NPC, 5 posts
 Laborer
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 15:57
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 512):

The woman who was speaking to Miko steps furtively away as soon as Chou-Zen steps out of the Outhouse.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 793 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 08:49
Re: Rice Run
If Ales is no longer needed with the ritual, Ales proceeds to see the village elder to ask for the supplies he needs to make his "gift" for the robber barons.

(Ooc: sanctified rice and/or salt, vessels for containing filth eater)
Village elder
 NPC, 10 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 23:19
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 514):

The elder contemplates the request.
"You wish to pickle the filth eater and give it to these gaijin bastards? Hah!" He laughs heartily.

"In the supply hut are some earthenware vessels used for brewing pickled cabbage. One of those onggi should fit our friend, and there is a large cauldron we use for making stew on the harvest festival. Both have lids, but you may want to seal them with clay. I suppose the shaman mightnhave sanctified rice, but the river water can be salted as well...."
He looks with horror at a damp spot on the wall that is starting to spread...

This message was last edited by the player at 23:27, Thu 26 Dec 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1613 posts
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 23:24
Re: Rice Run

This message was deleted by the player at 00:23, Sun 29 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7171 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Dec 2019
at 23:28
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 516):

You are accross the village, with the shaman
Ales Konstantin
 player, 794 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 27 Dec 2019
at 00:12
Re: Rice Run
Ales thanks the village elder. He was about to ask him about where he could get some clay for sealing up the vessels when he, too, noticed the growing damp spot on the wall.

In his best Sahudese, he asks if the spirit of Kodokuna Otome-san is with them. "If you are the Weeping Maiden, we have some news on your love."
Yurei
 NPC, 3 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 21:05
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 518):

The damp spot grows, until a puddle forms on the floor. A trail of damp footprints approach.

The elder seems concerned.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 795 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 03:41
Re: Rice Run
Ales motions for the elder to get behind him.

Ales begins to chant, a prayer to his goddess of wisdom for knowledge.

(Ooc:
22:37, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  Sense Danger 14.)
Narrator
 GM, 7182 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 18:31
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 520):

The drowned ghost is seriously dangerous!
Ales Konstantin
 player, 796 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 19:21
Re: Rice Run
"Spirit of Kodokuna Otama-san, will you please speak with me? I wish for all involved that no harm come to anyone, even to you, but please know I will protect my comrades and this village with my life if I must."

Ales readies his scimitar.

(Ooc: I have the advantage Spirit weapon.)
Yurei
 NPC, 4 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:08
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 522):

The drowned maiden manifests locks eyes with you- make a will roll!

The water pooling around herfeet is running access the floor toward the elder!

This message was last edited by the player at 13:54, Wed 01 Jan.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 797 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 00:04
Re: Rice Run
Ales bows respectfully before the manifested spirit, but maintains his eyes fully locked on the Drowned Maiden.

(Ooc:18:58, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 13 using 3d6.  Will 13.)

"Speak, Maiden."
Yurei
 NPC, 5 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 13:56
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 524):

"Abandoned.  Forgotten.  Betrayed. He sent him away!"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 798 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 15:13
Re: Rice Run
Ales briefly turns to the elder. "Why did you send her lover away? What good would come from separating the couple?"
Village elder
 NPC, 11 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 17:17
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 526):

Eying the spreading puddle with distrust, he replies,
"He wanted to build his own house for her, and had no money, and skills only as a woodcarver. He sought me out for mermission to leave and seek his fortune as an adventurer. He recieved it, and never returned."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 799 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 19:43
Re: Rice Run
Ales turned back to the Maiden. "Your lover has been summoned by the shaman and the apprentice. We learned that he was burned by a dragon with many legs, though our party does not understand what he means. If you wish, we can go and ask if the elder's story is true. If he lies, I will help you bring him to justice."
Yurei
 NPC, 6 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 20:55
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 528):

Seething with rage and singlemindedly bent on revenge, she raises her arm to point at the elder, whou starts sputtering and coughing up water!
Ales Konstantin
 player, 800 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 13:45
Re: Rice Run
"Hold on Maiden. I give you an opportunity to reunite with your lover, even after death, and you choose revenge. By doing so, you fail to honor the love between you once had."

Seeing the chief beginning to choke on the water, Ales rapidly begins swinging his sword, and as does so, it begins to flame out. Then, he swings his sword and cuts the Maiden.

(Ooc:08:34, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 3 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

08:32, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 14 using 3d6.  Scimitar 15.

08:28, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 14 using 3d6.  Flaming Weapon (14).)
Yurei
 NPC, 7 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 17:12
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 530):

The creature howls as you slice into it. Steam filling the room.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Thu 02 Jan.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 801 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 18:41
Re: Rice Run
Ales sighs. " I wished not to have had struck you, Maiden, but you left me no choice."

He raises his scimitar up and slices the yorei once more.

(Ooc:13:35, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 8 using 2d6+1.  Damage.

13:34, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 5 using 3d6.  Scimitar 15. Crit???)
Yurei
 NPC, 8 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 20:49
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 532):

The form of the drowned maiden disappears in a cloud of mist.

The elder vomits forth water, and gasps for air.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 802 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 21:36
Re: Rice Run
(Ooc: Has the Maiden been disposed of?)

This message was last edited by the player at 22:00, Thu 02 Jan.

Narrator
 GM, 7211 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 21:40
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 534):

You cannot tell what happened to her
Ales Konstantin
 player, 803 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 22:17
Re: Rice Run
Ales begins to chant, using the disgorged water as a focus point for his spell.

17:15, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 6 using 3d6.  Sense Foes 14. (Specifically the Drowned Maiden.)
Narrator
 GM, 7229 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 13:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 536):

There is a foe of some kind outside of the room.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 805 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 16:18
Re: Rice Run
Before leaving to find this foe, Ales checks on the elder.

Then, he goes out and hunts for this enemy.
Village elder
 NPC, 12 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 15:13
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 538):

"Go, Ales-san. I will be safe. Go and attend to these yokai!"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 806 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 15:21
Re: Rice Run
Ales goes in the direction that his spell pointed, keeping a sharp eye out for an attack.

10:21, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Sense Foes 14.

10:20, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 8 using 3d6.  Perception check vs 13.
Narrator
 GM, 7236 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 17:44
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 540):

You spot damp footprints, and foes in more than one direction.

Who else is outside?
Chye Isuel
 player, 1615 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 22:01
Re: Rice Run
OOC:Chou and Miko, are the ones outside, I believe. Unless Tanaka is outside, as well. Chye and Iskander are with the shaman, and the summoned spirit of the woodcarver,turned adventurer, turned human torch, turned ghost.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:07, Wed 08 Jan.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 963 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 23:52
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen and Miko are still in the privy, waiting on Ales to return with the necessary containers and materials to imprison the filth eater.  Chou-Zhen, having handled the creature while Miko tied it, tries to avoid touching anything unnecessarily, knowing many things will need to be purified.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 807 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 00:29
Re: Rice Run
Ales is following the damp footprints in order to deal with the Drowned Maiden once and for all.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1616 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 8 Jan 2020
at 00:54
Re: Rice Run
"What should we do now, Shaman-sama?"
Narrator
 GM, 7242 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:05
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 543):

Miko headed to the bath house to wash her hands in salted water, and passed a lone woman outside.
Ales espies her also as he tries to watch the footprints, heading toward the shaman's hut.
Within the hut, a damp spot forms on the paper wall.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 808 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:56
Re: Rice Run
Ales torn between the curiosity of the strange lone woman and the potential threat to the shaman, Ales reluctantly chooses to head to the hut. After looking around, he notices the spot going up the paper walls.

"Show yourself, Drowned Maiden. If you wish to  reunite with your lover, I wish you no harm. If you wish to hurt these villager's, I will be merciless in my defense of them."

Ales looks around for a sign that the Yorei had heard him.

16:50, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  Perception check vs 13.
Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 5 posts
 Shade of villager
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 15:03
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 547):

Once again, the shade of the yurei's fiance bursts into flame, as she materializes over some damp footprints in the Shaman's hut.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1617 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 23:20
Re: Rice Run
"Kodokuna Otome-san, behold your old flame."
Chye familiar with her manifestations, gestures to the suitor.
"Hear his truth, and be set free from your despair."
Iskander
 player, 1706 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 23:24
Re: Rice Run
"Flama vella, de fet..."
Iskander quipped in his native tongue.
Yurei
 NPC, 9 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 14:06
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 550):

The drowned spirit shrieks, and charges at her former lover. There is a tremendous hissing sound, and the room is consumed in an explosion of steam!




Meanwhile, the filth eater lies secure and motionless.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:51, Tue 14 Jan.

Miko
 NPC, 31 posts
 Catfolk
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 14:55
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Yurei (msg # 551):

Miko returns, bearing a pair of large pots, one aparently full.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 809 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 19:42
Re: Rice Run
Seeing the Yorei charge at her lover, Ales realized the potential water and fire combo would be dangerous. With everyone in the room, including the shaman and his apprentice, Ales begins chanting and making a cupping motion.

He directs the steamy air back with a wall of air, hoping for the steam to dissapate and give the shaman and apprentice to leave the room. Once everyone is safe, Ales will return to his attempt to gift wrap the filth eater.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1619 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:28
Re: Rice Run
Chye will usher those within, to safety.
Iskander
 player, 1707 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:29
Re: Rice Run
Iskander tries to keep track of where there spirits went, and what's happening with them.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 964 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:45
Re: Rice Run
"Ah, Miko.  You are a welcome sight.  I have heard shouts as of a fight elsewhere and hoped you had not been caught up in it.

"So, we need to put this creature into one pot, then put that one into the other, correct?  I believe I can use magic to do this without either of us further soiling ourselves.

"Place the pots on the floor and I will begin."


With a word and a gesture, Chou-Zhen casts, and the filth eater rises into the air.  Without moving, Chou-Zhen maneuvers the half-material creature into the empty pot.
Narrator
 GM, 7272 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 20:46
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 556):

The creature weighs about 90 lbs, the pot about 15.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 811 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 20:53
Re: Rice Run
Assuming that Chye and Islander has things under control with the shaman, Ales returns to the filth eater. Ales will help Miko and Chou place the first pot into the second and to fill the second pot with consecrated rice and/or salted water.

"The Triunists have a saying, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive'. We'll have to see if there is any truth to that", Ales says in jest.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 965 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 21:50
Re: Rice Run
"Ales, if you wish to help lift the pot with the filth eater, I would welcome the help, so not to spend my strength doing so with magic -- but any of us who touch the creature will need purification afterward.

"If you prefer to keep your hands clean, I will but need to rest a little longer."


Chou-Zhen holds up a hand besmirched with filth, from holding the yokai, to illustrate his point.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 812 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 21:03
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps I can help you out. The pots are too heavy even with my strength, and I wish not to soil myself with the filth from the yokai. However, I can lend you some energy to compensate you some for lifting the vessel by magical means."

15:56, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Lend Energy 14.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 966 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 23:41
Re: Rice Run
"Your aid is appreciated."

Chou-Zhen twitches his whip to touch the pot containing the yokai, and speaks a word that a perceptive person might find similar to, but simpler than the last arcane word he uttered.  The pot rises into the air, then moves above the other pot before descending into it.

OOC: How much are you lending, Ales?
Ales Konstantin
 player, 813 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:42
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: Would 3FP be enough?)

Ales goes and asks if Miko has consecrated rice. If not, he will ask the shaman for some.
Iskander
 player, 1708 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:46
Re: Rice Run
"Shaman-sama, can you sense them, or did their fire and water aspects merge?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1622 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:47
Re: Rice Run
Chye retrieves his polearm, wanting to be prepared.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 967 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 10:04
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen finishes maneuvering the pot with the tied filth eater into the larger pot with plenty of time to spare before his spell expires.

OOC: 3 fp would be welcome.
Narrator
 GM, 7301 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 565):

As the steam dissipates,  you can no longer see either figure
Iskander
 player, 1709 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 22:02
Re: Rice Run
"It is sad that we could not arrange a happy reunion for the estranged lovers. I truly lament for them both, in this regrettable outcome. But, I hope that the evil is gone, and that peace will come back, once again."
Iskander said ruefully.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 814 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 08:16
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: Does Ales have the consecrated rice and/or salt for packing the container?)
Miko
 NPC, 32 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:09
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 568):

The cat who brought the pots had filled one with salt water. She is quite strong.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1624 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:11
Re: Rice Run
Chye is now with his polearm
Ales Konstantin
 player, 815 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 09:47
Re: Rice Run
In that case, Ales goes to the village elder and asks when their next payment to the robber barons would be, what form it is to take, and so on.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 968 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 10:20
Re: Rice Run
With the filth eater properly potted, Chou-Zhen addresses Miko.

"I will leave the sealing of the pots to you, while I go to the bath house to purify myself.  I greatly appreciate your assistance in finding and bringing the needed pots, as well as the red ribbon."  He bows to the cat woman before taking his leave.
Village worker
 NPC, 6 posts
 Laborer
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:03
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 572):

Chou-Zen goes to cleanse himself, and as he leaves the bathhouse,  he notices a woman  inspecting one of the magical lanterns.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:21, Fri 24 Jan.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1625 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:12
Re: Rice Run
09:07, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 16 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

09:07, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 9 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 15.

Chye hid himself.  As he got nearer, instead of observing though, he approached and spoke up:
"More oil gone missing? It appears, somebody has acquired a taste for it, as one would for kimchi!"
Chye quipped to offset any startling he might have caused, sneaking up on her.
Narrator
 GM, 7324 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:22
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 574):

Edit, Chou-Zen is also present. Let him post before we continue.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 969 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 23:32
Re: Rice Run
"Indeed, but that lantern uses no oil, now.  It is magical light."
Rokurobi
 NPC, 1 post
 Long necked yokai
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:56
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 576):

Statled by Chye, the woman whips her head back and away from him... very far back, about two yards!
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 970 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 23:30
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen flips his leather whip out near the long-necked woman's feet and gestures with his left hand.

"Beware the glue!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1628 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 04:51
Re: Rice Run
"What do you want, spirit? Or are you just curious?"
Rokurobi
 NPC, 2 posts
 Long necked yokai
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 20:49
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 578):

The long necked woman goes to step back, but her feet are fixed to the ground. Discovering this she begins snapping her neck too and fro, and screeching and laughing alternately.

Fright checks
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 971 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 22:29
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen takes a step or two, if needed, to be sure he's beyond the spirit's neck range and, ignoring both the screeching and the laughter, makes a gesture that summons his lightning whip into his left hand.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1629 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 23:30
Re: Rice Run
18:23, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 6 using 3d6.  fright check (IQ 12, +1[cool],+2[combat reflexes] = 15 or less.
Chye is not easily frightened, though he does step back out of range.
"Hey! What's so funny, Lady?"

Ales Konstantin
 player, 817 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:54
Re: Rice Run
Ales is not frightened by the yokai.

"You're not scaring anyone. If you work with us, maybe we can help you."


21:49, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  Fright check (15).
Chye Isuel
 player, 1631 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 19:21
Re: Rice Run
14:19, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 11 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13.
"There's no need for alarm. Who are you? What are you looking for?"
14:23, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 10 using 3d6.  spirit lore default (sahudese get IQ-4, 12-4 8 or less...).
Chye was sure the woman was a yokai like the others about this night, but just what she was, he was uncertain. Her head was still attached, and stories he'd heard, the head floated freely about, separate from the body. Nonetheless, he tried to calm, and parley with her...

This message was last edited by the player at 19:28, Fri 31 Jan.

Rokurobi
 NPC, 3 posts
 Long necked yokai
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 20:57
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 584):

Concerned by her adhesion to the ground, the long necked woman stops laughing.
"What have you done to my feet, and why is the oil like this?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1632 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:02
Re: Rice Run
"The elder thought it best the oil lights, be replaced with magical ones, since it's more efficient and cost effective. As for your feet, I think that was a trap, set for whoever kept stealing the oil..."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 972 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 23:55
Re: Rice Run
"The oil lamps are being replaced with these magical lights because the oil has been vanishing from those that depend on it.  Imagine that."
Rokurobi
 NPC, 4 posts
 Long necked yokai
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 20:14
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Rokurobi (msg # 585):

"Without oil, I will dry up and become brittle!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1634 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 20:28
Re: Rice Run
"Hmmm... Chye see what it so important to you then. It's still available, they just aren't filling the lamps with them any longer. If you need it, why not trade for it? As far as being stuck... Maybe you can leave your shoes in that spot, until the spell expires. If you need help, we can probably get you out of the glue."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 973 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 23:32
Re: Rice Run
"Indeed, once I know you are no threat and will not try to return to your ways of stealing resources the villagers need, I can release you immediately.

"What can you offer the village in return for the oil you require?  For instance, can you stretch your limbs, as well as your neck, so that you might be able to pick high fruit or perform roof repairs with your feet on the ground?"

Chye Isuel
 player, 1635 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 2 Feb 2020
at 00:30
Re: Rice Run
"Chye don't think the villagers know, her true nature. We must keep it a secret, if you promise you stop stealing, or causing mischief. What is your Name? Do you live in this village?"
Iskander
 player, 1710 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 2 Feb 2020
at 14:20
Re: Rice Run
09:18, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  research ~ 14 (hidden lore -4, 10 or less...).
Having been observing, Iskander recalled the yokai, and it's nature...
Rokurobi
 NPC, 5 posts
 Long necked yokai
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:32
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 592):

The yokai is of a sort that passes for, and is often mistaken for human; they are considered to be near monstrous and have no social standing. They are known to sleepwalk, and drink oil when asleep. They are generally not as malign as their relatives, the manananggal.

Unfortunately, this one is greatly distressed, and lashes out at Chye : Dodge, parry or be entangled!
Chye Isuel
 player, 1639 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 17:25
Re: Rice Run
12:21, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 11 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 14.
Chye backflips and lands in a crouch, further back away from the yokai!
"Calm yourself! Stealing oil, won't get you killed... but attacking us will. Let us get you unstuck, and try to help you get the oil you need, so you needn't perish, either way!"
Iskander
 player, 1711 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 17:28
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Rokurobi (msg # 593):
"Don't be afraid, we know you aren't evil. If we wished you harm, we could destroy you here and now, within this trap."


This message was last edited by the player at 17:30, Wed 05 Feb.

Rokurobi
 NPC, 6 posts
 Long necked yokai
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 18:12
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 595):

The long necked woman shrieks; all of you are out of range of her two yard neck
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 974 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:54
Re: Rice Run
"Chye, this one may be beyond reasoning with.  If we cannot calm her, we must destroy her, to protect the village."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 818 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 01:17
Re: Rice Run
Hearing the shrieking and realizing it could draw unwanted attention, Ales thinks quickly about how to diffuse the situation. He begins chanting, and before long the sound of lullabies from the Sahud  fill the air.

(20:08, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Sound (14))
Chye Isuel
 player, 1641 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 01:48
Re: Rice Run
Chye nods in agreement.
"Can you fry her to a crisp with lightning, while she's a sitting duck? Or end the spell, and Chye will chop off her head!"
Chye readies his polearm.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 975 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 10:03
Re: Rice Run
"I can slay her with either fire or lightning, though it would be slow, as I cannot spare the strength for a large bolt.  I could also simply create a fire where she stands and let her burn."
Rokurobi
 NPC, 7 posts
 Long necked yokai
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 02:28
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 598):

Hearing the lullaby Ales is conjuring sooths the creature, who slowly retracts her neck, and sings along softly, and taking on a more gentle demeanor
Chye Isuel
 player, 1642 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 02:49
Re: Rice Run
"Good.. Good.. Now, Chye find some oil.. Then after Chye give it to her, maybe we can make arrangements so she won't have to steal it, anymore... That shouldn't be too hard, if she has valuable skills the village can use. Chye not eager to kill anyone."
Chye will seek a quantity of oil, sufficient as a peace offering.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:50, Fri 07 Feb.

Village elder
 NPC, 13 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 602):

"First jugs, then saltwater... now the lamp oil. Whatever for?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1643 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:47
Re: Rice Run
"Elder-sama, you might recall the issue of missing oil in the village. We found and trapped the culprit... It's a female yokai of a sort. Her neck extends as long as chye's polearm. However.. She doesn't appear to be evil, she just requires the oil to survive, or she becomes brittle, as she claims. I would suspect the thefts were either because she is too poor, or that buying the oil in quantities that she needs, would bring suspicion about her true nature. Now that has been revealed to you, you elder, are the one with the authority that should decide whether she be allowed to continue to stay here. She was frigtened at first, and attacked, but through magic, she has been calmed with music..."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:06, Fri 07 Feb.

Village elder
 NPC, 14 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:54
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 604):

"Bring her to me, or suppirt me as I come to see her. I have swallowed much water and feel weakened."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1644 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:06
Re: Rice Run
"Lean on Chye. She is trapped, and it would be easier to take you to her, than bring her here."
Chye supports the weakened elder on his brawny arm, and leads him to the spot.
Village worker
 NPC, 7 posts
 Laborer
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:08
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 606):

The elder arrives at the place the yokai is trapped. The woman is in her normal form.
Village elder
 NPC, 15 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:15
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village worker (msg # 607):

Leaning on Chye's arm the elder peers at the woman.
"Thos person is known to me, Kago Osi, thr basket weaver!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1645 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:17
Re: Rice Run
"There are many yokai here, indeed.."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 819 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 19:51
Re: Rice Run
"Is there anyway we can arrange a trade, especially now that you keep your village lit through magical means?"
Village elder
 NPC, 16 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:12
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 610):
"If this one is a Rokurobi, they are a creature, and unworthy of trade as an equal. They eat rice, why do they need the oil?"
Village worker
 NPC, 8 posts
 Laborer
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:18
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village elder (msg # 611):

She bows, bending deeply
"This one has woven baskets, along with my husband, as have his parents before him. Honoured one, has my weaving been unsatisfactory? Do we not keep our hut in order, and our clothing as clean as anyone? Forgive md grandfather if this one has failed you, and do not let my dishonor sully the reputation of my husband's family."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:26, Fri 07 Feb.

Village elder
 NPC, 17 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:25
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village worker (msg # 612):

"Umm. A portion of oil shall be allotted to you, provided you are confined to your hut at night. None of the folk need rest their eyes uneasily upon your visage as you become."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:50, Wed 12 Feb.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1646 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:26
Re: Rice Run
Chye puts his palms together.
Iskander
 player, 1712 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:28
Re: Rice Run
"It is good, we were able to use peaceful means, and foster goodwill."
Iskander crosses himself.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 976 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 23:48
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen slumps a little as he releases the spell holding the rokorubi.  "Ah, this is good.  I am pleased that none of the yokai have yet been killed.  As the son of my father, I believe that even such as these ought to be permitted to live their lives, providing they do no harm and earn their way."

He turns toward the hut where the ceremony had been held.

"I hope there is no more to do this night; I need rest.  I am nearly spent."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 820 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 00:04
Re: Rice Run
Now that a deal had been struck between the yokai and the village, Ales slowly let the spell fade away.

"If there are no more yokai causing the villagers problems, I will continue my patrol of the grounds in search of any signs of the robber barons."

19:03, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Perception 15.
Narrator
 GM, 7409 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 20:52
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 617):

On this night of ghosts, none of Pequenaud's men are about, although they may well appear on the morrow.
Narrator
 GM, 7417 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 20:55
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 618):

In the few hours before dawn, nothing further happens.
Narrator
 GM, 7429 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 619):

The villagers let you all sleep in.

3 points each, 1 extra for Ales for an innovative treatment of the rokurobi... it was unexpected.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 822 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 20:27
Re: Rice Run
*Bows deeply in respect*
Chye Isuel
 player, 1655 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 18:28
Re: Rice Run
13:25, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 6 using 3d6.  performance ~ 14.

13:25, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  Lute ~ 15.

Chye gets up in the late morning, and takes his lute along to the tavern.
He does a masterful performance of "Ambush on all sides"..., rocking out, towards the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MJTeR1JZZc

This message was last edited by the player at 18:29, Fri 21 Feb.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 978 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 23:39
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen arises after his sleep, refreshed.

He visits the privy, then the bath house, before going to see if there is still breakfast, or if it's closer to lunchtime.
Iskander
 player, 1714 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 02:57
Re: Rice Run
Iskander wakes up sometime in the late morning, as well. Seeking a light repast, he made his way to the tavern. He wondered if those soldiers would show up. He smirked at the thought of what they had in the jars, for them...
"Heh Heh..Aix n'aprendran!"
He said.
Village laborer
 NPC, 15 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:15
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 624):
One of the workers starting his day with a rice brew brightens when he sees you.
"The elder said to come to his hut."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 823 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:32
Re: Rice Run
Ales wakes up, and after getting freshened up, heads to the elder's hut.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1656 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:05
Re: Rice Run
Chye comes out of the tavern after finishing his song, and a brew. He spots Iskander coming his way, and approaches.
"Hey, are you going to tavern? I could use a drinking companion."
Iskander
 player, 1715 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:06
Re: Rice Run
"No, the elder wants to see us. It must be important, so you should follow me."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1657 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:07
Re: Rice Run
"Osu!"
Chye follows, to the elder's hut.
Village elder
 NPC, 18 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:09
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 628):

In the elders hut you find the shaman, Ming-sa, and the elder waiting for you.
"Good morning, noble warriors!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1658 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:54
Re: Rice Run
"Good morning, Elder-sama."
Chye bows
Ales Konstantin
 player, 824 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 22:02
Re: Rice Run
Ales bows in respect. "How may we be of service?"
Iskander
 player, 1716 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 22:51
Re: Rice Run
Iskander bows. "Senyor Elder."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 979 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 12:32
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen, seeing the group gather and head for the elder's hut, joins them.

When greeted by the Elder, he bows deeply.  "It is a good morning, elder."  He also bows to the shaman and Ming-Sa.
Village elder
 NPC, 19 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 16:30
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 634):

<goldenrod>"I thank you for your service to us in dealing with these yokai. Our workers have spotted the approach of the baron's men, and you will not be clear of this place with your oxcarts before they arrive, and they will seek to tax us on not only the rice intended for your Omo, but also for your oxen and the carts as well. There may not be a way to peacefully disuade them,."</yellow>
Chye Isuel
 player, 1659 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:21
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village elder (msg # 635):

"Then we must prepare a defense. There is Chye, and also Tanaka-san, and other warriors here."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 980 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 23:22
Re: Rice Run
"They would tax your village on the presence of visitors?  If they will not see reason, they deserve whatever they receive.  I fear, however, the consequences to your village if we should slay some of them before they flee."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1660 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 00:37
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 637):
"Perhaps the Omo can send some mercs we hired recently to protect his interests here.
Are you in contact, through his messenger pidgeons, Elder-sama? If so, we'd best send the message as soon as possible, so they arrive in time."


Iskander
 player, 1717 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 00:42
Re: Rice Run
"I could build some traps around the parameter, and help organize a tactical advantage in the defense of the village."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 825 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 00:54
Re: Rice Run
Ales considers a method of defense for the village. He was not going to let a bunch of thugs harass a village of peaceful peasants.

19:38, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 6 using 3d6.  Tactics 12.

19:37, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 8 using 3d6.  Strategy 12.
Iskander
 player, 1718 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 03:37
Re: Rice Run
22:33, Today: Iskander rolled 14 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

22:32, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  traps ~ 13.

Iskander manages to set some traps, in conjunction with the defense points raised by Ales.
He doesn't lend anything else particularly innovative, beyond that.
Narrator
 GM, 7452 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 22:02
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 641):

You dig out some of the elevated roadway and lay wickerwork accross it and mud, laying in two trenches so that anyone jumping would fall in. You dig 1 yard trenches, are you going to spike them?
Iskander
 player, 1719 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:07
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 642):
Yes, Punji-Stakes.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:08, Tue 25 Feb.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 982 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:26
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen examines the traps being dug in the road.

"We should supplement this with a stone wall, I think -- I can shape the earth of the road itself and convert some of it to stone."

While the digging is going on, Chou-Zhen moves the earth of the road to form a third trench about a yard wide, four feet deep, and long enough to cross the road, 120 cubic feet total (further from the village, two yards beyond the second of the hand dug trenches) just behind a wall six feet high, two feet thick, and ten feet wide (or as wide as the elevated road, if narrower).  He then transforms a six inch layer of the wall's surface (both faces and the top, leaving a foot thick layer of earth in the middle, plus a  two foot deep reinforcement on the trench side to make up 75 cubic feet) to solid stone.

With the work completed, he sits down with his back against the village side of the wall to rest (this will require an hour and ten minutes, likely done before the hand-dug trenches are finished).
Iskander
 player, 1720 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:32
Re: Rice Run
"With all this, it will be immediately apparent we aim to rebel. We'll need the Omo's protection for sure here, and there will be more fighting to come. I'm sure the village will agree they'd be better off under his protection, than these renegados."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Tue 25 Feb.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1664 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:39
Re: Rice Run
19:35, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 18 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

19:35, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 11 using 3d6.  leadership ~ 13.

Chye rounds up some recruits to drill them, in hand to hand combat.
He accidently hurts somebody during sparring however...
"Chye sorry! If Chye hurt you so you miss work, Chye pay you after danger is over, okay?"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 826 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 04:16
Re: Rice Run
Ales goes and finds Miko and asks if the catfolk has any skills as a scribe.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 NPC, 144 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:29
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 646):

"Relax Chye, if I am going to remain here as guardian I  can take on pupils. We will need the Omo to send us swords. When we have done with these men, they and their gear must be moved far from this place, so that they are not found here and the village found suspect. That area of low magical energy might be good."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1666 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:52
Re: Rice Run
"Osu."
Chye acquiesced.
Thinking for a moment, Chye recalled the spot his Tanaka spoke of. The place they had encountered with the meteorite disturbed the local mana, and make the plants grow funny.
"Hmm.. or maybe we cart all their spoils back on the cart with us, and sell them off in Northport's markets. Anything with their crest, we burn.. or we keep one thing to show the baronet when we return. That is another thing we must do."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 983 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:21
Re: Rice Run
"We must be wary yet.  If the baron's men are able to ride through the paddies, they will outflank our defenses.  Magic that covers a large enough area may be beyond my strength.

"If it will not damage a harvest, it may be preferable to flood the paddies.  We could drive stakes into the ground, and sharpen them to be below the water surface, as a further obstacle."

Village shaman
 NPC, 16 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 14:45
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 650):

"The outskirts of the paddies are hau ted by swarms of ka, the baron's men tend to stick to the road."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:46, Wed 04 Mar.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 984 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:31
Re: Rice Run
"Still, if they can go through the paddies, they may, when they find the road blocked.  I suppose that will give us warning, at the least; there is no cover, other than the levees between sections."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1667 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:29
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps Akitsu-sama will help. He could herd the Ka, onto the bad men."
Iskander
 player, 1721 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:31
Re: Rice Run
"We have his blessing, but we may need to make him aware of our need this time, and explain who these bad men are and how they harm the village he protects."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:32, Thu 05 Mar.

Village shaman
 NPC, 17 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 19:53
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 654):

"I will call Akitsu-Sama then, but I would rather he be out of reach from the cruel arrows of the baron's men."


Ooc: waling in the paddies is bad footing and reduces mv. Walking off the road by its side is bad footing.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 985 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 23:19
Re: Rice Run
"I would be most disappointed if Akitsu-Sama were to be harmed by the baron's men.  Is there no bait that will attract the ka to the paddies nearest the road?"
Iskander
 player, 1722 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 01:35
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps they could be driven into the traps, I set."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 827 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 04:15
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps they can be tempted with our special gift box, or if not, I can conjure some illusions or weaken them with some of my other spells."
Village laborer
 NPC, 16 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:23
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 658):

"They come! a score or more of them, several with horses and pack animals."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1668 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:23
Re: Rice Run
"Gift them with their special surprise first, then, we show our teeth!"
Iskander
 player, 1723 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:25
Re: Rice Run
"Let us try and distract them, while the shaman works to bring Akitsu-sama to our aid."
Iskander adds.
Narrator
 GM, 7499 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 23:31
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 661):

further south along the road, you can hear the jingling of horse harness and some rough voices.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1669 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 01:20
Re: Rice Run
Chye remains, in case diplomacy or muscle is needed.
Iskander
 player, 1724 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 01:25
Re: Rice Run
20:20, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 16.
Iskander vanishes, hiding in a spot he can observe from.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 1 post
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:00
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 663):

a long train of men approach, three on horsback, two of which have banners matching the shields and surcoats of all present, a golden sheaf of wheat on a gaudy red and black check.

Tactics rolls for those viewing, or the best of Per-1 or soldier
Chye Isuel
 player, 1670 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:04
Re: Rice Run
23:03, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.
Iskander
 player, 1725 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:05
Re: Rice Run
23:03, Today: Iskander rolled 8 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 2 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 04:11
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 667):

The leader is a better armored man on the lead horse. the two with the banners don't look like they know how to use a spear. the men are lightly armored, except for the head and torso, except the leader, who also has gauntlets and better torso armor.

They all carry swords and shields, although the two with the banners can't ready anything.
The others also carry bows.

The leader points at the barrier, and raises his hand for a halt.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 828 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 08:34
Re: Rice Run
Ales attempts to formulate tactics to handle the incoming train of soldiers, but funds their formation confusing.

04:27, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 16 using 3d6.  Tactics 12.

"How are we going to handle the stream of leeches? Shall we attempt to reason with them, or shall I move into position and begin casting spells?", he asks to Chou and the rest of his group.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 986 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 17:17
Re: Rice Run
"Let us first see how they react to our barrier."

As he speaks, Chou-Zhen gestures with his left hand, and a small ball of crackling energy forms in that hand.  He locks his gaze on the horseman without a banner.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 3 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 21:20
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 670):

The leader says something, and walks his horse back a little. Four men pour between the bannermen, forming a two by two group with shields readied and swords out, as several men behind take a knee and draw bows, preparing to arc their arrows over the horsemen before his men advance further he calls out "Who dares to obstruct the King's road?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1672 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 10 Mar 2020
at 04:53
Re: Rice Run
00:49, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 4 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13. crit!!!

Chye replies to the pointed question, in his penetrating voice:
"We were here delivering tradegoods from Northport, to return with rice. During the night, the village was attacked by several strange creatures, and ghosts. These are what remain of our hasty defense. It's good you arrived! we don't know when they'll strike again. Perhaps tonight!"

This message was last edited by the player at 04:51, Wed 11 Mar.

Iskander
 player, 1726 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 04:54
Re: Rice Run
Iskander waits and listens, from his hidden, soldiered, position.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 4 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 23:31
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 672):

"That sounds like it was a suitable thing to do. Now lower the barrier and fix the road so that we may pass. Those trade goods, and the rice are taxable, as Baron Pequenaud rules here, not Mabinota of Northport."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1673 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 00:13
Re: Rice Run
Chye nods at the mounted man, and turns away to face the villagers, with a wink.
"Lower the barricades, for their horses."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 829 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 00:57
Re: Rice Run
Ales quietly casts Mystic Mist on the villagers and the adventuring group. If these goons attack, he wants them to have a disadvantage right away.

20:56, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 12 using 3d6.  Mystic Mist 14.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 987 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 09:02
Re: Rice Run
"I am unable to quickly remove the wall -- the magic to shape the stone is too exhausting."
Narrator
 GM, 7527 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 01:17
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 676):

Opalescent fog envelopes the village... cost on that?
Ales Konstantin
 player, 830 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 19 Mar 2020
at 11:04
Re: Rice Run
Ooc: I'm using 8 FP.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1677 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 20 Mar 2020
at 03:05
Re: Rice Run
Hoping to keep the ruse up, as long as possible, Chye calls out, as the mist engulfs them.
23:02, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 3d6.  acting, default from performance 14 -2, 12 or less.
"The ghosts are back, and in greater force. They come in the mist!"

This message was last edited by the player at 03:06, Fri 20 Mar.

Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 5 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:27
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 680):

"I call bullshit! Ready and fire on my command!


You hear a creaking, as of many bows being drawn...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1678 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 20:38
Re: Rice Run
16:36, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 14.
Chye dives and rolls for cover!
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 988 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 22:42
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen stands firm, waiting for the incoming darts and holding a spell in his mind as he releases the lightning he's been aiming.
Iskander
 player, 1727 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 22:49
Re: Rice Run
 Drawing his weapons, Iskander watches from his hidden spot. when the arrows are released, he will try and stealth closer, and appear out of nowhere, when others begin the melee.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:13, Sat 21 Mar.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 831 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 14:22
Re: Rice Run
Ales answers their volley of arrows with a rain of fire. He sets it in the middle of their group, hoping to sow chaos and panic in their troops.

10:12, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 14 using 3d6.  Rain of Fire (14).
Narrator
 GM, 7572 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 18:32
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 685):

Due to padded under armor, the target of Chou-Zen avoids being stunned.

The rain of fire spooks the horses, along with some of the men, and one banner horse falls forward into a covered pit, throwing the rider. The other rears up, and the bannerman is now hanging from the stirr.

The leader reins in his horse.
Iskander
 player, 1728 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:34
Re: Rice Run
16:32, Today: Iskander rolled 15 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 16.
In the chaos, Iskander stealths nearer, to sneak up, and close in with a deadly sneak attack..
Chye Isuel
 player, 1679 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:36
Re: Rice Run
Chye will try and unhorse, the leader with his polearm! (if he can reach)
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 989 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 09:10
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen speaks a word, and a ball of glowing energy appears in his hand.
Narrator
 GM, 7585 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:19
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 688):

Chye is atop the wall, about 5 yards from the horseman.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1680 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 18:54
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 690):
OOC: my weapon reaches 2 yards, so could i get him, with a step-and-attack, this turn?

Narrator
 GM, 7588 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 10:05
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 691):

You have the wall and three pits to negotiate to get there. Going off road is automatically bad futting, and puts you1 yard lower than him.
Getting off the wall is two yards down then one out of the pit, two yards and a leap over the covered pit, another yard then the pit with the horse, then his horse is starting on the next yard,he himself is sitting in the middle of the horse one yard further.

A jumping roll gets you off the wall and over the first pit, but you can only jump 1 pit per second.

Iskander is past the first pit off the road, and must make a DX-2 roll toavoid slippi g on the incline, failure causes him to fall in the muck.  He is at leg/ groin height to the men 7 yards ahead, and ktorso height on the foundering horse a yard away.m, and head height on the prone bannerman, who is looking down i to the pit at the base of the wall.

Chye is at range to strike him.

The archers are preparing to fire again, but cannot see into the mist- wild swings at a distance penalty.

This message was last edited by the GM at 10:08, Sat 28 Mar.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 990 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 12:57
Re: Rice Run
After aiming for one second, Chou-Zhen releases his fireball at the leader.
Iskander
 player, 1729 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 18:10
Re: Rice Run
14:08, Today: Iskander rolled 6 using 3d6.  DX ~ 16 (-2 penalty) 14 or less.
Iskander easily negotiates the battlefield obstacles.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1681 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 18:34
Re: Rice Run
14:31, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 7 using 2d6+5.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5.

14:30, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 6 using 3d6.  Targeted Attack (neck) ~ 15 or less.


Chye opts to cut the head off the one he is nearest to strike!
Ales Konstantin
 player, 832 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:43
Re: Rice Run
Ooc: How far are the soldiers from Ales?
Narrator
 GM, 7597 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 22:37
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 696):

Chye beheads the man in the ditch. The impaled horse screams.
That, and the fireball cause the leader's horse to almost lose control, but he concentrates on that, and starts to retreat.
Men flee from the firey rain

Iskander has crept along the side of the road and is beside the horses, (the bucking bannerhorse )

Ales is 6 yards from anyone but the downed horse.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1682 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 22:51
Re: Rice Run
Chye shelters behind the wall, and begins readying his bow!
OOC: We could use Tanaka, about now!

This message was last edited by the player at 23:09, Tue 31 Mar.

Iskander
 player, 1730 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 23:07
Re: Rice Run
19:06, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5.

19:06, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  broadsword ~ 16.

Iskander cleaves at the bucking horse's flanks!
Ales Konstantin
 player, 833 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 00:44
Re: Rice Run
Ales begins chanting and begins shaping the air into a thick, hot dense mass among the soldiers. As he chants, he adds in some additional gestures causing the air to heat up, hot enough to scald the soldiers if in metal armor, and severe discomfort in leather.

20:38, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 4 using 3d6.  Heat (14, -1 for one spell on)=13. Crit!

20:36, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 14 using 3d6.  Shape Air 14.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 991 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 09:00
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen once more gestures and speaks, summoning a crackling ball of energy into his left hand.  After a heartbeat's pause to aim, he releases the lightning at the leader.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 6 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 14:44
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 701):

a scattering of arrows rains down harmlessly, except for one striking Tanaka as he leaps over the wall and the pit below.

The lightning cast by Chou-Zen spells out 闪电 before stiking, and the leader crackles with electricity,  but seems unstunned. His horse has had enough, and bucks, but he holds on.

The horse slashed by Iskander collapses onto its rider, Iskander must dodge a wild kick or take 3 points crushing.

You can hear several clattering sounds, as hot swords hit the roadway.


Ales, roll again for your crit; the casting of heat is free, let's see how weird the effects are.
Iskander
 player, 1731 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 14:52
Re: Rice Run
10:49, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 15.
Iskander somersaults through the air, landing in a crouch.
"Ayup!"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 835 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:28
Re: Rice Run
Ooc: 11:27, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 12 using 3d6.  Heat critical effect.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1684 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:44
Re: Rice Run
11:41, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 14.

Not to be outdone, Chye abandons going for his bow, and somersaults over the pit.
"Osu!"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:25, Wed 01 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 7605 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:57
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 704):

There is a scent of ozone along with the dry heat, and a faint rushing sound.

Fire continues to rain down, and the leader's horse breaks and runs, smoking in several places, as is his armor, clearing the firey rain.

The men break out of formation and scatter. one seems to have caught cinders in the face and is staying in the field, clutching his face.
Iskander
 player, 1732 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:10
Re: Rice Run
Iskander gets to his feet, and continues advancing, drawing his sai.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1685 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:11
Re: Rice Run
Chye advances upon the man, clutching his face.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 837 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:33
Re: Rice Run
Ales moves in towards the nearest soldier, sword readied.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 994 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:57
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen smiles (not a pleasant expression, on his features) as the men and horses flee.  He cracks his leather whip as loudly as he can, and shouts in his accented Aralaise, "Run back to your den, dogs!"
Narrator
 GM, 7618 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 20:46
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 709):

Hot cinders continue to rain upon the roadway, causing 1pt per second burning!

The leader regains control of his horse once out of the firey rain, and calls to the sodiers to regroup further back.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 838 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:49
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: can we get a breakdown on the shape of the opposing troops?)
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 995 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 09:11
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen once more summons lightning into his hand, and takes aim at the leader.
Narrator
 GM, 7626 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:42
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 713):

There had been tnree on horseback (two are dead or disabled) and about two dozen, armed with shortswords, shields, and shortbows.

Only about a dozen have reformed on the road, the rest are scattered to either side. They are now 10-12 yards away, on the otber side of the rain of fire.
Iskander
 player, 1733 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 05:12
Re: Rice Run
"We should stay within the effects of the spell, Chye. Let's regroup for  their next assault."
Iskander suggests
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 996 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:47
Re: Rice Run
After aiming carefully, Chou-Zhen releases his bolt at the leader.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1687 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:57
Re: Rice Run
Chye stays within the effects of the mist.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 7 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 16:35
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 717):

The bolt catches him in the chest, and he collapses, falling out of the saddle.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 839 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 18:51
Re: Rice Run
Ales quickly retreats back into the fog.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 997 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 21:53
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen gestures with his left hand, and his lightning whip springs forth.  He whirls it over his head.  "Run away!" he shouts at the now leaderless squad.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 8 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 02:03
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 720):

More of the men are scrambling away, although a handful of arrows sail past the horses and strike the wall.
Iskander
 player, 1734 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 02:33
Re: Rice Run
"Chye, let's drag the leader back to the village!"
Iskander points at the unhorsed, and wounded leader.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1695 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 02:34
Re: Rice Run
"Osu!"
Chye goes along.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 9 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 18:39
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 723):

You reach the body of the leader, who seems to be breathing shallowly.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1697 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 19:37
Re: Rice Run
Chye places him in the wrist irons, he carries.
Iskander
 player, 1735 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 19:38
Re: Rice Run
"Let's get him up, then we can loot them."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 998 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 23:03
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen waits as Chye and Iskander collect the leader, keeping watch for any of the Baron's troops who might recover themselves and think to take an opportunity at heroism.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 10 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 13:51
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 727):

The unconscious and heavily armored (helm, gauntlets, brigandine over gambeson) leader is deadweight as you move him. A few arrows miss you; the men are retreating.
Iskander
 player, 1736 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 16:51
Re: Rice Run
Chye and Iskander tote the leader back the village.
"let's get his gear off, treat his wounds, and tie him up."
Narrator
 GM, 7660 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:21
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 729):

He appears to be minimally injured, except for electrical burns, and some welts from the rain of fire on his upper body and thighs.
Iskander
 player, 1737 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 18:05
Re: Rice Run
13:58, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  seamanship (knots) ~ 13 or less.
Seeing the man has no broken limbs, and minor injuries, he returns Chye's irons, and using rope from the village, he binds the leader's hands, and feet, placing him in a fetal position, to recover and face the justice of the villagers.
"Let's get others looted, and back into the village. I've seen this spell before, the mist will last 1/3 of a day."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1699 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 18:07
Re: Rice Run
Chye will go with Iskander to get the enemy corpses drug into the village where they may be summarily looted.
Narrator
 GM, 7664 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:23
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 729):

You are able to find only three of the dead;many were injured, but all fled

These men have reinforced leather torso armor and helms, gambesons, boots, cheap shortswords, surcoats with the baron's symbol. One has a bow with a burnt bowstring and charred arrows, two have muddied banners on spears. All have medium shields with the baron's arms.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:23, Fri 17 Apr.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1700 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 00:22
Re: Rice Run
"We should make a pyre for these three, and burn the surcoats, banners, and shields. We'll keep the other equipment, and sell it back in town.."
Iskander
 player, 1738 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 00:44
Re: Rice Run
Remembering Tanaka being struck by an arrow, during the battle, Iskander would seek him out, to make sure he was okay, and render aid, if necessary.
"I'm going to make sure Tanaka is alright."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 999 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 10:43
Re: Rice Run
Once it's clear that no active combatants remain, Chou-Zhen pitches in to help with looting and body retrieval.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 840 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 12:30
Re: Rice Run
Considering that the troops will probably return with reinforcements, Ales ponders what to do next.

08:29, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 9 using 3d6.  Strategy 12.

08:29, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 13 using 3d6.  Tactics 12.
Narrator
 GM, 7679 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:17
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 737):

In the short term, adding further traps could be a help, in the long term, having no sign of /he troops would be really bad, as the village would be razed, but negotiating with thr leader and banners would certainly help.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1000 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:27
Re: Rice Run
"The wall I raised need not be the only one.  I was able to do so without drawing on my power item, therefore I can repeat the process each hour and a half, perhaps more frequently if there is someone who can lend me energy, allowing two to recover what one expends.

"In a few days, I could raise such a wall all around the village, with but narrow openings where a walking person could pass easily, but a horse would be restricted, and where an attacking force would enter a killing ground.

"The wall is not so high that a horse could not jump it, but a horse doing so would land in a known area, where a trench or stakes would lame it."

Chye Isuel
 player, 1701 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 22:13
Re: Rice Run
"If there are any trackers in the village, we can form a posse, and quickly hunt down the survivors, and destroy them, before they escape. This will give us time, to get reinforcements from the Omo, and to prepare defenses here, when they come looking for these men."
Iskander
 player, 1739 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 22:16
Re: Rice Run
"I agree, we should go after them. Dogs could easily track their wounded, hasty retreat. Surely this village has such folk, out here?"
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 9 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 18:29
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 741):

"I can lend energy to Chou-Zhen Mou. This villiage is full of farmers, and we raise our own pigs and ducks. There is little hunting but for two men too lazy to work the fields. They have dogs as well."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1001 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 23:05
Re: Rice Run
"Once more, Ming-Sa, you demonstrate your goodness and spirit.  With two of us, I can raise another section of wall like that one with just over a half hour of rest, and you can recover as I do.

"Are you fully rested now?  If so, i would ask that you lend me the equivalent of a half draught of paut now, to replace part of what I have spent in the battle, then in a sixth part of an hour we may begin raising wall segments.

"I will raise a wall such as this one, either joining the sections or leaving a small gap, and you will lend me half the energy I have spent -- a total of one and three-fourths draught of paut for each section -- and we will both recover in less than two thirds of an hour."


OOC: If Ming-Sa is unfamiliar with paut, Chou-Zhen will instead measure by the energy Ming-Sa has recently spent on each of her daylight-bright lights.  We will then begin by raising a wall to one side of the first, with a gap of less than a yard -- large enough for a man to pass, even when carrying a pole with loads on the ends or a heavy pack, but narrow enough to restrict a horse and rider.

For practical reasons, Chou-Zhen will instruct Ming-Sa to lend between the Shape Earth and Earth to Stone castings, to avoid the danger of falling unconscious from exhaustion.  Together, we can raise a section of wall every thirty-five minutes.  Even with extra casting time (to increase effective skill) we can do three sections in two hours, and with the extra time (effective skill 16) and Akitsu-san's blessing (which adjusts the roll, not the skill), only a roll of 18 will fail.

See message 644 for the dimensions and casting cost.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1702 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 00:00
Re: Rice Run
"Two lazy men, who let their dogs do most of the work?"
Chye chuckles.
"Perhaps they can be persuaded to help us."
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 10 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:49
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 744):

"This is my village,  and our lives depend on this. I do what is needed.

Go to the end of the village by the woods, you will find the hunters there."

Chye Isuel
 player, 1703 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:59
Re: Rice Run
"Osu!"
Chye bows, and goes to find them.
Village hunters
 NPC, 1 post
 Lazy Eta
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 17:53
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 746):

"What do you want?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1704 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 22:10
Re: Rice Run
"Am Chye Isuel, greetings countrymen! Chye was told you men were the ones to talk to about tracking, and dogs in the village. Would you care to join me for drinks, and to talk business?
There's coin in it, and it's a vital matter for everyone living here."

(Chye has total +5 in positive modifiers, when dealing w/ sahudse in aral)

This message was last edited by the player at 02:46, Tue 28 Apr.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 841 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 16:38
Re: Rice Run
Ales meditates in an effort to recover some of the energy recently expended. Then, he will see what else he can do to help his party.

12:33, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 3 using 1d6.  Energy Recovered.

12:33, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 8 using 3d6.  Recover Energy 15.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1002 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 22:41
Re: Rice Run
OOC: Ales, you don't roll to Recover Energy, you just "rest faster".  Instead of 10 minutes to recover one point, you take 5 minutes at skill 15, or 2 minutes at skill 20.
Village hunters
 NPC, 2 posts
 Lazy Eta
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 19:56
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 748):

Ales just recovers energy faster, as if he attracted it from his ambient surroundings.


"Yeah? What is the pay?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1709 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 21:11
Re: Rice Run
"$25 apiece. The village is uprising against Pequenaud's men. We attacked them, captured the leader, but the rest fled. We need your dogs to track their scent into the woods, where our posse can catch up to, and destroy them. You won't be required to fight, we only need your skills and hounds."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 17:35, Thu 30 Apr.

Village hunters
 NPC, 3 posts
 Lazy Eta
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 17:34
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 752):

"Hah. Make it $40"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1711 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:21
Re: Rice Run
"Take the $25 apiece, and a share of the equipment we take off the dead men. Cash now, loot after we've tracked down our quarry."
17:19, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 15 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13.

Chye's jovial tone drops, steely and flat, and his eyes narrow. He's losing patience with these renegades...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:19, Thu 30 Apr.

Iskander
 player, 1740 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:48
Re: Rice Run
Iskander had gone with Chye, about the dogs.
He stands a distance off, arms folded, with his back to the Sahudese.
In earshot, he turns his head to look at the men, when things seem to be going south...
"I suggest you take it. Besides, you'll end up with more than $40, each. We already have the gear we captured from several men we already killed."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:53, Wed 29 Apr.

Village hunters
 NPC, 4 posts
 Lazy Eta
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:23
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 755):

"For a share of their gear, then fine."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1712 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:30
Re: Rice Run
"Good! Follow us back to the main part of the village, and we'll set out."

Chye pays the men out of his own pocket.
"Here is the first part of your payment."
Village hunters
 NPC, 5 posts
 Lazy Eta
Fri 1 May 2020
at 18:15
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 757):

The older of the two snatches up the coin, and then whistles for the dogs. He carries a sling and several snares
Iskander
 player, 1741 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 2 May 2020
at 06:20
Re: Rice Run
Iskander follows, satisfied.
Iskander
 player, 1742 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 2 May 2020
at 06:30
Re: Rice Run
"We've captured so far, swords,spears,shields, and several sets, of a type of reinforced leather armor, and boots. There's also a bow, but it needs re-strung. There's also their freshly killed horses that need disposed of."
Village hunters
 NPC, 6 posts
 Lazy Eta
Sun 3 May 2020
at 20:14
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 760):

"Stewmeat!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1714 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 3 May 2020
at 22:25
Re: Rice Run
"Yes, lots!"
Village hunters
 NPC, 7 posts
 Lazy Eta
Mon 4 May 2020
at 18:58
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 762):

The me gather their dogs and head off noisily into the swams with you, the pack growling and barking.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1715 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 5 May 2020
at 02:29
Re: Rice Run
OOC: is the posse all here, and we're tracking now?
Ales Konstantin
 player, 843 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 5 May 2020
at 12:05
Re: Rice Run
Ales stays behind to defend Chou and the village in case of a second wave.
Narrator
 GM, 7740 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 May 2020
at 17:29
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 765):

Sou Ales, Chou, and Ming-Sa stay behind, Iskander, Chye and the hunters form a posse to hunt down the roughly two dozen men lost in the swamp.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 844 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 6 May 2020
at 18:49
Re: Rice Run
Ooc:Where is Tanaka?
Chye Isuel
 player, 1716 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 7 May 2020
at 10:44
Re: Rice Run
OOC:4 men isn't much of a posse, and certainly wouldn't do much good, trying to catch so many men. Aren't there any vengeful farmers eager for retribution?
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1003 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 7 May 2020
at 11:48
Re: Rice Run
By the time the posse has gathered to leave the village, Chou-Zhen and Ming-Sa are in process of creating the first new section of wall, working in the rice paddy at the edge of the road.
Village laborer
 NPC, 17 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Fri 8 May 2020
at 16:50
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 768):

Unlike the Sahudese in the city, most of the farmers are noncombatants,; a few brawl, but you find two who can use a staff. It might be possible the the rokurobi might be recruited to scout.

The wall building is perpendicular to the road?
Iskander
 player, 1743 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:07
Re: Rice Run
"Let's see if we can get Tanaka, and our long necked, lady friend to come along.
Perhaps Akitsu-sama will herd the strix onto them, or Monsieur Hood is lurking about to lend us a hand... But me might be on our own, Senyor."

Chye Isuel
 player, 1718 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 8 May 2020
at 17:12
Re: Rice Run
Chye goes to find Tanaka
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 1004 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 8 May 2020
at 20:42
Re: Rice Run
The first sections of wall will extend perpendicular to the road, with gaps just under a yard wide every fifth section -- narrow enough that a mounted man would have to slow to a walk, or even dismount, or else jump the wall to pass.  Over the course of an eight hour day, Chou-Zhen and Ming-Sa should be able to erect a dozen of these sections, working outward from the road through the paddies on a path to eventually encircle the entire village (which, however, will probably take several days even at a dozen sections a day).

At least initially, we'll plan to leave the road leading to Northport open unless there's reason to believe the Baron's men plan an attack from that direction.
Iskander
 player, 1744 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 10 May 2020
at 08:11
Re: Rice Run
04:02, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  leadership ~ 13.

04:02, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 13 using 3d6.  leadership ~ 13.

Both men rally additional support, for the posse...
"Homes! We're going after those diables, and we need all the help we can get!"
"C'mon! We'll have a big feast afterwards, split the booty, and return home. When we return, Omo-sama will dispatch mercenaries here, Chye Think. Tanaka-san, we need your steel for our band!"
Village laborer
 NPC, 18 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Mon 11 May 2020
at 19:10
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 774):

"You have my rake"
Tanaka Kojimaru
 NPC, 145 posts
Mon 11 May 2020
at 19:11
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village laborer (msg # 775):

"And my steel"
Rokurobi
 NPC, 8 posts
 Long necked yokai
Mon 11 May 2020
at 19:12
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 776):

"And my neck"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1720 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 11 May 2020
at 20:14
Re: Rice Run
"Osu!"
Iskander
 player, 1745 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 12 May 2020
at 10:26
Re: Rice Run
"A better life awaits the village. That's the spirit!"
After rallying, they get the dogs onto the scent!

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 10:26, Tue 12 May.

Village hunters
 NPC, 8 posts
 Lazy Eta
Tue 12 May 2020
at 17:04
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 779):

The hunstmen set theirdogs to the clithing of the dead men, and set them free as they sound.  The pack (of 4 dogs) has the scent!
Narrator
 GM, 7791 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 May 2020
at 16:33
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village hunters (msg # 780):

The dogs bark and bark, and their barking as answered by a dog tied to a tree!
Iskander
 player, 1746 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 20 May 2020
at 17:09
Re: Rice Run
13:07, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 16 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

13:07, Today: Iskander rolled 7 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

Chye is puzzled, but Iskander suspects an ambush...
"Ho!"
He holds up a hand.
Saishi Jin
 player, 1 post
 Harvest priest
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:14
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 782):

It takes a few moments, then the tree's limbs retract, and begin to take form...the form of a man! The the branch the staff was leaning against takes the form of a hand and grasps it. As some  of you rub your eyes, a man stands where the tree was, looking as if you had disturbed his sleep.

He grunts, looks at the crowd, and then calms his dog. Taking up his pack, he releases the dog, but tells him, in Sahudese, to stay.

"到处走走,打扰好人,这是什么意思?"
What is the meaning of this, going around the woods and disturbing good folk?

The language is Sahudese, and the staff is clearly recognizable as a symbol of a local god, Hou Ji. Narrator, would any of the group recognize the symbol?

This message was last edited by the player at 09:26, Thu 21 May.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1725 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 21 May 2020
at 11:27
Re: Rice Run
(OOC Due to the nature of our culture and superstitions, up the literal yin-yang...
Sahudese get -4 to their IQ's instead of the -6, other races default to, in their own cultures. So, time to rock and most importantly, roll!)

07:03, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  IQ ~ 12-4 (8 or less) .
Chye recognizes the symbol and the particular Kami, it represents.
He lowers his polearm, and parleys:
"Priest of Hou Ji! We're from the village yonder, and it's been under control of the wicked baron's men who make free with our women, and extort our people. We represent the Omo Sakemoko, back in Northport, and we're supporting the uprising! Two dozen men attacked the village, but we drove them off, captured their leader, and they fled into these wood. We're tracking them now, and plan to capture or kill the lot of them to buy us more time. Do you know these wood, can you help us? Am Chye Iseul. 蔡 이슬 *Mountain Dew*
Chye's great grandfather is the dragon "Chye Chy" 蔡 茶葉*Mountain Tea Leaf*, the grandson of the half-dragon,
Chye Wu 蔡 武 *Mountain Warrior*,
and the son of Master Chye Xiāo 蔡 霄 *Mountain Cloud*
Chye is a Youxia, and we are known as the Lng Huy." 龍後裔 *Dragon Descended* +1
(+2 with dragonkind, and associated groups)
within the Jianghu.

*In the jianghu, martial artists are expected to be loyal to their master (sifu). This gives rise to the formation of several complex trees of master-apprentice relations as well as the various sects such as Shaolin and Wudang. If there are any disputes between fighters, they will choose the honorable way of settling their issues through fighting in duels, and tournaments.
A common aspect of the jianghu is that the courts of law are dysfunctional and that all disputes and differences (within the community) can only be resolved by members of the community, through the use of mediation, negotiation or force, predicating the need for the code of xia and acts of chivalry. Law and order within the jianghu are maintained by the various orthodox and righteous sects and heroes. Sometimes these sects may gather to form an alliance against a powerful evil organization in the jianghu.
The following description focuses more on the martial arts aspect of "jianghu", its well-established social norms, and its close relation with "wulin".
~
A leader, called the "wulin mengzhu" (武林盟主; lit. "master of the wulin alliance"), is elected from among the sects in order to lead them and ensure law and order within the jianghu. The leader is usually someone with a high level of mastery in martial arts and a great reputation for righteousness who is often involved in some conspiracy and/or killed. In some stories, the leader may not be the greatest martial artist in the jianghu; in other stories, the position of the leader is hereditary. The leader is an arbiter who presides and adjudicates over all inequities and disputes. The leader is a de jure chief justice of the affairs of the jianghu.*

This message was last edited by the player at 11:30, Thu 21 May.

Iskander
 player, 1747 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 21 May 2020
at 13:39
Re: Rice Run
"I am called, Iskander.
Well met, Priest. I am a gaijin, in the employ of Sakemoko's house."

Saishi Jin
 player, 5 posts
 Harvest priest
Thu 21 May 2020
at 19:47
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 784):

"这不是第一次。我是旅行的牧师,帮助萨满与他们打交道,但是今天,当他们袭击时,我正去另一个村庄。我的Aralaise很穷,但我知道Omo"

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
(It is not the first time. I am the travelling priest who helps the Shaman deal with them, but this day I was visiting another village when they attacked. My Aralaise is poor, but I know of Omo.)


He frowns.

"因此,您正在支持起义您是否打算继续帮助解决这种影响"

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)

(So you are supporting the uprising...do you intend on staying to help with the repercussions as well?)


This message was last edited by the player at 19:49, Thu 21 May.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1726 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 21 May 2020
at 21:51
Re: Rice Run
"We have to get back to the city with the cargo of rice we've been entrusted to bring back. When we return, Chye expect mercenaries and house men will come, because of the importance of this news."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:20, Fri 22 May.

Saishi Jin
 player, 7 posts
 Harvest priest
Fri 22 May 2020
at 01:01
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 787):

"I catch not all that. Not stay. Beat soldiers. Go leave villages to fend for themself. Know they?"

The switch to Aralaise slows his speech somewhat, but does nothing to hide his darkened demeanour.

"Maybe Gaijin return, rest stay and fight. Response surely come."

He is ready to travel remarkably quickly for a tree. He removes the cord from his dog's collar, but the dog stays dutifully beside him.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 NPC, 146 posts
Fri 22 May 2020
at 19:57
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Saishi Jin (msg # 788):

"I am Tanaka Kojimaro, swordsman of the house of Sakemoko, and protector of this village. I will be staying here to deal with what comes as consequence."
Saishi Jin
 player, 8 posts
 Harvest priest
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:44
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 789):

"啊,有些人确实很荣幸。然后,我将代代相传祖先的精神,并向侯集致意。其他人应该留下来,但至少在您的帮助下,我们有更好的机会。带领,我会跟着。"


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
"Ah, so some do have honour. Then I will interceed to the spirits of our ancestors, and to Hou Ji on your behalf. Others should stay, but at least with your help we stand a better chance. Lead, and I will follow."


He motions for you to lead the way, keeping his own dog beside him as the others have the scent.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1727 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 22 May 2020
at 23:09
Re: Rice Run
"We need reinforcements, and we also need to find the baronet of Veroigne. A band of men prowl this area, whom are loyal to him, and is the rightful lord of these lands. We need also to bring these two groups together quickly. After we bring the baronet to the Omo, they can discuss their respective politics with one another, as these two are the pillars of this whole affair."
Chye says just above a whisper, in Sahudese.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:10, Fri 22 May.

Iskander
 player, 1748 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 22 May 2020
at 23:17
Re: Rice Run
19:13, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  tactics ~ 13.
Iskander tries to think of a tactical advantage over the men, and use it to their advantage, fighting in this particular woodland battleground. They have traps, which he is also skilled with, along with the hunters. They could perhaps set traps in strategic spots, using the terrain of the forest to their advantage, to flush their prey into various "kill zones" set up in the area...

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Fri 22 May.

Saishi Jin
 player, 9 posts
 Harvest priest
Sat 23 May 2020
at 01:09
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 791):

"确实需要加强。与Gaijin战斗Gaijin为我工作。也许我们应该找到他们扎营的地方,并确保他们不在战斗前就睡觉。"


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
"Reinforcements are indeed needed. Gaijin to fight Gaijin works for me. Perhaps we should find where they are camped, and ensure they sleep not before the fight."

Narrator
 GM, 7808 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 25 May 2020
at 18:28
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 792):

Separating the hunter/dog teams would let you triangulate the soldiers,  and drive them into an ambush that would give a minor avantage to initial attacks.
Saishi Jin
 player, 10 posts
 Harvest priest
Mon 25 May 2020
at 20:50
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 794):

"Swarm bugs, used to suggest path to gaijin us advantage give. Helpful?"
Iskander
 player, 1749 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 26 May 2020
at 18:25
Re: Rice Run
Iskander discusses his tactical plan, and triangulates.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1728 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 26 May 2020
at 18:27
Re: Rice Run
"Akitsu-sama's blessing is with us. Let's take them!"
Iskander
 player, 1750 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 26 May 2020
at 21:24
Re: Rice Run
"Senyors, If we have snares with us, we could employ them here, to goodly effect."