Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Chye Isuel
 player, 1598 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:06
Rice Run
In reply to Village shaman (msg # 463):
Chye will pay craftsmen to build a small, wooden table shrine, to house a clay funerary tablet, and burn joss before it, while offering prayers. He will leave rice and wine, or soju, for the priest, as is custom.
Iskander
 player, 1697 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 21:09
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 464):
"We need red, silken cord, to bind this nasty. I'll go and see where some may be had. Keep it detained in the meanwhile, if you can. Sprinkle purified rice all around it, to keep it occupied, should it stir."
Iskander rushes off to the shaman, to make good on it's capture!

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:11, Thu 28 Nov 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 957 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 23:56
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks after Iskander, then speaks to himself.

"I have no purified rice.  Perhaps I should have carried some.  Still, I have ways to ensure the yokai remains still."


Extending his left hand, Chou-Zhen speaks a complex word, and his lightning whip springs forth.  By the brilliant light from the lintel and the unsteady blue radiance of the lightning, he watches the filthy creature for signs of recovery.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 786 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 27 Nov 2019
at 23:58
Rice Run
Ales  ponders the matter.

18:52, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 13 using 3d6.  Iq check vs. 13.
Narrator
 GM, 7083 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 21:00
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 468):

The wretched creature is unconscious, not merely stunned. Its kind cannot be placated as some others can, but driven off and suitable obstacles laid in its path; salt, grains, seven color silk, peach wood or trees, or guardian statues that have been consecrated,
Ales Konstantin
 player, 787 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 16:32
Rice Run
"I think this may one of the yokai that can't be reasoned with. We may have to run  it off and suitable barriers erected to keep it from returning", he says to Chou.

He thinks for a moment longer. "It is a shame we can't gift it to the robber barons and take care of both of the villager's issues at once."
Narrator
 GM, 7094 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 21:11
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 470):

There might be a way to do that, if it were jugged in a sealed vessel and then placed into another, with the space between filled with something it could not pass through, like clean salted water, or rice that has been consecrated by the shaman.
Village shaman
 NPC, 14 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 21:13
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 465):

"Join us for the summoning, we could use one who shares blood with a member of the ceslestial hierarchy to assist. Additionally, you have the blessing of Akitsu-san."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1602 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:32
Rice Run
Chye places his palms together, and bows.
"Chye is honored to assist."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 958 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:51
Rice Run
"I think I should stay away from the summoning -- my own blood is from quite a different kind of beings than the celestial.  Besides, until we can find some red silken cordage, someone must watch this yokai lest it wake and escape."
Ming-Sa
 NPC, 7 posts
 Grand daughter
 Of a witch
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:56
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 473):

The new magician directs your attention to a middle aged visitor, and to a tray on the floor with a small scroll and a worn looking carved wooden pig.
"This is Qing. He is the nephew of the drowned spirit's missing fiance. The scroll is as much of a genealogy as we could gather, and the pig is a toy his uncle had carved for him, because of his birth year.. let us lite some joss, ring the gong, and call for him."
Iskander
 player, 1698 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:46
Rice Run
Iskander will lend his fan for use in the ritual, according to the shaman's earlier note of it, that it might be helpful.
"Well met, Quing."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:47, Thu 05 Dec 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1603 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:49
Rice Run
"Konbanwa, Quing-san."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 788 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 09:16
Rice Run
Ales asks the shaman where he might be able to get two jugs, one large enough for his yokai, and the other large enough to contain the first.
Village shaman
 NPC, 15 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 20:58
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 478):

"You need see the elder for such things, he can order distribution of vessels ssuch as a soy fermentation jar and a rice basket. I could provide sanctified rice."
He returns to the ceremony, with Iskander, Chye, Ming-Sa and Qing, burning joss, which Iskander waves heavenward with the fan, while the others recite the genealogy of Qing's wayward uncle.


Each of you can give 1 FP, spellcasters up to 3.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1604 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:03
Rice Run
Chye ponies up, his FP.
Iskander
 player, 1699 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:03
Rice Run
Iskander likewise.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 789 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:24
Rice Run
"If you would be willing to give me enough sanctified rice for my needs, I will gladly stay and give the energy for the ritual."

(Ooc: Assuming the shaman agrees, Ales will yield 3 FP for the ritual.)
Chye Isuel
 player, 1605 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:30
Rice Run
"What you aim to do with the yokai, anyways?"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 790 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:48
Rice Run
"Ideally, we will bind it with some red cord and place it into the smaller jug. We will then place it into the bigger jug with a generous amount of sanctified rice or salted water. When the goons that have been harassing the villager's come, we will simply gift the yokai to the goons. If we seal off the village from its return, I suspect it will turn its attention to the robbers and make their life miserable with illness and infection."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1606 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 01:05
Rice Run
"Ha ha! Chye like that idea! May their nethers become infested with boils! However, it's likely to draw swift retribution, and we must prepare well for that.. Run your plan by the elder, so he is prepared.. He may not want such risk."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 791 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 01:20
Rice Run
"Of course. I would never want to risk the villager's unnecessarily. I planned to staying and fighting these cretins until my breath left my body. But first, I think by putting our ghost friend to rest would do much good for both the village and her soul."
Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 1 post
 Shade of villager
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 21:05
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 486):
Your chants and prayers come to fruition,  a shape forms in the smoke from the burning incense.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:51, Wed 11 Dec 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1607 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 22:04
Rice Run
"Fuun'na Nakama-san... What happened to you?
Your love, Kodokuna Otome-san, has drowned herself in her grief for your having not returned to the village...and her anger and sadness plagues the village with fear and sickness..."

Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 2 posts
 Shade of villager
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 19:06
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 488):

The shape coalesces, and there is a strong smell of char.

A blotchy shape of a man with a basket on his back begins to form, and then the features blacken on one side and it bursts into flames.


"Why do you call on me?"