Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Forgotten suitor
 NPC, 5 posts
 Shade of villager
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 15:03
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 547):

Once again, the shade of the yurei's fiance bursts into flame, as she materializes over some damp footprints in the Shaman's hut.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1617 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 23:20
Re: Rice Run
"Kodokuna Otome-san, behold your old flame."
Chye familiar with her manifestations, gestures to the suitor.
"Hear his truth, and be set free from your despair."
Iskander
 player, 1706 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 23:24
Re: Rice Run
"Flama vella, de fet..."
Iskander quipped in his native tongue.
Yurei
 NPC, 9 posts
 Long haired spirit
 Of drowned woman
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 14:06
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 550):

The drowned spirit shrieks, and charges at her former lover. There is a tremendous hissing sound, and the room is consumed in an explosion of steam!




Meanwhile, the filth eater lies secure and motionless.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:51, Tue 14 Jan.

Miko
 NPC, 31 posts
 Catfolk
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 14:55
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Yurei (msg # 551):

Miko returns, bearing a pair of large pots, one aparently full.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 809 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 19:42
Re: Rice Run
Seeing the Yorei charge at her lover, Ales realized the potential water and fire combo would be dangerous. With everyone in the room, including the shaman and his apprentice, Ales begins chanting and making a cupping motion.

He directs the steamy air back with a wall of air, hoping for the steam to dissapate and give the shaman and apprentice to leave the room. Once everyone is safe, Ales will return to his attempt to gift wrap the filth eater.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1619 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:28
Re: Rice Run
Chye will usher those within, to safety.
Iskander
 player, 1707 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:29
Re: Rice Run
Iskander tries to keep track of where there spirits went, and what's happening with them.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 964 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:45
Re: Rice Run
"Ah, Miko.  You are a welcome sight.  I have heard shouts as of a fight elsewhere and hoped you had not been caught up in it.

"So, we need to put this creature into one pot, then put that one into the other, correct?  I believe I can use magic to do this without either of us further soiling ourselves.

"Place the pots on the floor and I will begin."


With a word and a gesture, Chou-Zhen casts, and the filth eater rises into the air.  Without moving, Chou-Zhen maneuvers the half-material creature into the empty pot.
Narrator
 GM, 7272 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 20:46
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 556):

The creature weighs about 90 lbs, the pot about 15.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 811 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 20:53
Re: Rice Run
Assuming that Chye and Islander has things under control with the shaman, Ales returns to the filth eater. Ales will help Miko and Chou place the first pot into the second and to fill the second pot with consecrated rice and/or salted water.

"The Triunists have a saying, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive'. We'll have to see if there is any truth to that", Ales says in jest.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 965 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 21:50
Re: Rice Run
"Ales, if you wish to help lift the pot with the filth eater, I would welcome the help, so not to spend my strength doing so with magic -- but any of us who touch the creature will need purification afterward.

"If you prefer to keep your hands clean, I will but need to rest a little longer."


Chou-Zhen holds up a hand besmirched with filth, from holding the yokai, to illustrate his point.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 812 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 21:03
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps I can help you out. The pots are too heavy even with my strength, and I wish not to soil myself with the filth from the yokai. However, I can lend you some energy to compensate you some for lifting the vessel by magical means."

15:56, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Lend Energy 14.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 966 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 23:41
Re: Rice Run
"Your aid is appreciated."

Chou-Zhen twitches his whip to touch the pot containing the yokai, and speaks a word that a perceptive person might find similar to, but simpler than the last arcane word he uttered.  The pot rises into the air, then moves above the other pot before descending into it.

OOC: How much are you lending, Ales?
Ales Konstantin
 player, 813 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:42
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: Would 3FP be enough?)

Ales goes and asks if Miko has consecrated rice. If not, he will ask the shaman for some.
Iskander
 player, 1708 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:46
Re: Rice Run
"Shaman-sama, can you sense them, or did their fire and water aspects merge?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1622 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:47
Re: Rice Run
Chye retrieves his polearm, wanting to be prepared.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 967 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 10:04
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen finishes maneuvering the pot with the tied filth eater into the larger pot with plenty of time to spare before his spell expires.

OOC: 3 fp would be welcome.
Narrator
 GM, 7301 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 565):

As the steam dissipates,  you can no longer see either figure
Iskander
 player, 1709 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 22:02
Re: Rice Run
"It is sad that we could not arrange a happy reunion for the estranged lovers. I truly lament for them both, in this regrettable outcome. But, I hope that the evil is gone, and that peace will come back, once again."
Iskander said ruefully.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 814 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 08:16
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: Does Ales have the consecrated rice and/or salt for packing the container?)
Miko
 NPC, 32 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:09
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 568):

The cat who brought the pots had filled one with salt water. She is quite strong.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1624 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:11
Re: Rice Run
Chye is now with his polearm
Ales Konstantin
 player, 815 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 09:47
Re: Rice Run
In that case, Ales goes to the village elder and asks when their next payment to the robber barons would be, what form it is to take, and so on.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 968 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 10:20
Re: Rice Run
With the filth eater properly potted, Chou-Zhen addresses Miko.

"I will leave the sealing of the pots to you, while I go to the bath house to purify myself.  I greatly appreciate your assistance in finding and bringing the needed pots, as well as the red ribbon."  He bows to the cat woman before taking his leave.