Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 965 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 21:50
Re: Rice Run
"Ales, if you wish to help lift the pot with the filth eater, I would welcome the help, so not to spend my strength doing so with magic -- but any of us who touch the creature will need purification afterward.

"If you prefer to keep your hands clean, I will but need to rest a little longer."


Chou-Zhen holds up a hand besmirched with filth, from holding the yokai, to illustrate his point.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 812 posts
 Spellsword
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 21:03
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps I can help you out. The pots are too heavy even with my strength, and I wish not to soil myself with the filth from the yokai. However, I can lend you some energy to compensate you some for lifting the vessel by magical means."

15:56, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Lend Energy 14.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 966 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 23:41
Re: Rice Run
"Your aid is appreciated."

Chou-Zhen twitches his whip to touch the pot containing the yokai, and speaks a word that a perceptive person might find similar to, but simpler than the last arcane word he uttered.  The pot rises into the air, then moves above the other pot before descending into it.

OOC: How much are you lending, Ales?
Ales Konstantin
 player, 813 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:42
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: Would 3FP be enough?)

Ales goes and asks if Miko has consecrated rice. If not, he will ask the shaman for some.
Iskander
 player, 1708 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:46
Re: Rice Run
"Shaman-sama, can you sense them, or did their fire and water aspects merge?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1622 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 00:47
Re: Rice Run
Chye retrieves his polearm, wanting to be prepared.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 967 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 10:04
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen finishes maneuvering the pot with the tied filth eater into the larger pot with plenty of time to spare before his spell expires.

OOC: 3 fp would be welcome.
Narrator
 GM, 7301 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 20:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 565):

As the steam dissipates,  you can no longer see either figure
Iskander
 player, 1709 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 22:02
Re: Rice Run
"It is sad that we could not arrange a happy reunion for the estranged lovers. I truly lament for them both, in this regrettable outcome. But, I hope that the evil is gone, and that peace will come back, once again."
Iskander said ruefully.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 814 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 08:16
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: Does Ales have the consecrated rice and/or salt for packing the container?)
Miko
 NPC, 32 posts
 Catfolk
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:09
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 568):

The cat who brought the pots had filled one with salt water. She is quite strong.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1624 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:11
Re: Rice Run
Chye is now with his polearm
Ales Konstantin
 player, 815 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 09:47
Re: Rice Run
In that case, Ales goes to the village elder and asks when their next payment to the robber barons would be, what form it is to take, and so on.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 968 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 10:20
Re: Rice Run
With the filth eater properly potted, Chou-Zhen addresses Miko.

"I will leave the sealing of the pots to you, while I go to the bath house to purify myself.  I greatly appreciate your assistance in finding and bringing the needed pots, as well as the red ribbon."  He bows to the cat woman before taking his leave.
Village worker
 NPC, 6 posts
 Laborer
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:03
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 572):

Chou-Zen goes to cleanse himself, and as he leaves the bathhouse,  he notices a woman  inspecting one of the magical lanterns.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:21, Fri 24 Jan.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1625 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:12
Re: Rice Run
09:07, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 16 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

09:07, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 9 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 15.

Chye hid himself.  As he got nearer, instead of observing though, he approached and spoke up:
"More oil gone missing? It appears, somebody has acquired a taste for it, as one would for kimchi!"
Chye quipped to offset any startling he might have caused, sneaking up on her.
Narrator
 GM, 7324 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:22
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 574):

Edit, Chou-Zen is also present. Let him post before we continue.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 969 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 23:32
Re: Rice Run
"Indeed, but that lantern uses no oil, now.  It is magical light."
Rokurobi
 NPC, 1 post
 Long necked yokai
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:56
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 576):

Statled by Chye, the woman whips her head back and away from him... very far back, about two yards!
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 970 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 23:30
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen flips his leather whip out near the long-necked woman's feet and gestures with his left hand.

"Beware the glue!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1628 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 04:51
Re: Rice Run
"What do you want, spirit? Or are you just curious?"
Rokurobi
 NPC, 2 posts
 Long necked yokai
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 20:49
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 578):

The long necked woman goes to step back, but her feet are fixed to the ground. Discovering this she begins snapping her neck too and fro, and screeching and laughing alternately.

Fright checks
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 971 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 22:29
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen takes a step or two, if needed, to be sure he's beyond the spirit's neck range and, ignoring both the screeching and the laughter, makes a gesture that summons his lightning whip into his left hand.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1629 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 23:30
Re: Rice Run
18:23, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 6 using 3d6.  fright check (IQ 12, +1[cool],+2[combat reflexes] = 15 or less.
Chye is not easily frightened, though he does step back out of range.
"Hey! What's so funny, Lady?"

Ales Konstantin
 player, 817 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:54
Re: Rice Run
Ales is not frightened by the yokai.

"You're not scaring anyone. If you work with us, maybe we can help you."


21:49, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  Fright check (15).