Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 973 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 23:32
Re: Rice Run
"Indeed, once I know you are no threat and will not try to return to your ways of stealing resources the villagers need, I can release you immediately.

"What can you offer the village in return for the oil you require?  For instance, can you stretch your limbs, as well as your neck, so that you might be able to pick high fruit or perform roof repairs with your feet on the ground?"

Chye Isuel
 player, 1635 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 2 Feb 2020
at 00:30
Re: Rice Run
"Chye don't think the villagers know, her true nature. We must keep it a secret, if you promise you stop stealing, or causing mischief. What is your Name? Do you live in this village?"
Iskander
 player, 1710 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 2 Feb 2020
at 14:20
Re: Rice Run
09:18, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  research ~ 14 (hidden lore -4, 10 or less...).
Having been observing, Iskander recalled the yokai, and it's nature...
Rokurobi
 NPC, 5 posts
 Long necked yokai
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:32
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 592):

The yokai is of a sort that passes for, and is often mistaken for human; they are considered to be near monstrous and have no social standing. They are known to sleepwalk, and drink oil when asleep. They are generally not as malign as their relatives, the manananggal.

Unfortunately, this one is greatly distressed, and lashes out at Chye : Dodge, parry or be entangled!
Chye Isuel
 player, 1639 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 17:25
Re: Rice Run
12:21, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 11 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 14.
Chye backflips and lands in a crouch, further back away from the yokai!
"Calm yourself! Stealing oil, won't get you killed... but attacking us will. Let us get you unstuck, and try to help you get the oil you need, so you needn't perish, either way!"
Iskander
 player, 1711 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 17:28
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Rokurobi (msg # 593):
"Don't be afraid, we know you aren't evil. If we wished you harm, we could destroy you here and now, within this trap."


This message was last edited by the player at 17:30, Wed 05 Feb.

Rokurobi
 NPC, 6 posts
 Long necked yokai
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 18:12
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 595):

The long necked woman shrieks; all of you are out of range of her two yard neck
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 974 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:54
Re: Rice Run
"Chye, this one may be beyond reasoning with.  If we cannot calm her, we must destroy her, to protect the village."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 818 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 01:17
Re: Rice Run
Hearing the shrieking and realizing it could draw unwanted attention, Ales thinks quickly about how to diffuse the situation. He begins chanting, and before long the sound of lullabies from the Sahud  fill the air.

(20:08, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Sound (14))
Chye Isuel
 player, 1641 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 01:48
Re: Rice Run
Chye nods in agreement.
"Can you fry her to a crisp with lightning, while she's a sitting duck? Or end the spell, and Chye will chop off her head!"
Chye readies his polearm.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 975 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 6 Feb 2020
at 10:03
Re: Rice Run
"I can slay her with either fire or lightning, though it would be slow, as I cannot spare the strength for a large bolt.  I could also simply create a fire where she stands and let her burn."
Rokurobi
 NPC, 7 posts
 Long necked yokai
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 02:28
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 598):

Hearing the lullaby Ales is conjuring sooths the creature, who slowly retracts her neck, and sings along softly, and taking on a more gentle demeanor
Chye Isuel
 player, 1642 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 02:49
Re: Rice Run
"Good.. Good.. Now, Chye find some oil.. Then after Chye give it to her, maybe we can make arrangements so she won't have to steal it, anymore... That shouldn't be too hard, if she has valuable skills the village can use. Chye not eager to kill anyone."
Chye will seek a quantity of oil, sufficient as a peace offering.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:50, Fri 07 Feb.

Village elder
 NPC, 13 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 602):

"First jugs, then saltwater... now the lamp oil. Whatever for?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1643 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:47
Re: Rice Run
"Elder-sama, you might recall the issue of missing oil in the village. We found and trapped the culprit... It's a female yokai of a sort. Her neck extends as long as chye's polearm. However.. She doesn't appear to be evil, she just requires the oil to survive, or she becomes brittle, as she claims. I would suspect the thefts were either because she is too poor, or that buying the oil in quantities that she needs, would bring suspicion about her true nature. Now that has been revealed to you, you elder, are the one with the authority that should decide whether she be allowed to continue to stay here. She was frigtened at first, and attacked, but through magic, she has been calmed with music..."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:06, Fri 07 Feb.

Village elder
 NPC, 14 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 15:54
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 604):

"Bring her to me, or suppirt me as I come to see her. I have swallowed much water and feel weakened."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1644 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:06
Re: Rice Run
"Lean on Chye. She is trapped, and it would be easier to take you to her, than bring her here."
Chye supports the weakened elder on his brawny arm, and leads him to the spot.
Village worker
 NPC, 7 posts
 Laborer
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:08
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 606):

The elder arrives at the place the yokai is trapped. The woman is in her normal form.
Village elder
 NPC, 15 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:15
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village worker (msg # 607):

Leaning on Chye's arm the elder peers at the woman.
"Thos person is known to me, Kago Osi, thr basket weaver!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1645 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 16:17
Re: Rice Run
"There are many yokai here, indeed.."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 819 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 19:51
Re: Rice Run
"Is there anyway we can arrange a trade, especially now that you keep your village lit through magical means?"
Village elder
 NPC, 16 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:12
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 610):
"If this one is a Rokurobi, they are a creature, and unworthy of trade as an equal. They eat rice, why do they need the oil?"
Village worker
 NPC, 8 posts
 Laborer
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:18
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village elder (msg # 611):

She bows, bending deeply
"This one has woven baskets, along with my husband, as have his parents before him. Honoured one, has my weaving been unsatisfactory? Do we not keep our hut in order, and our clothing as clean as anyone? Forgive md grandfather if this one has failed you, and do not let my dishonor sully the reputation of my husband's family."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:26, Fri 07 Feb.

Village elder
 NPC, 17 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:25
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village worker (msg # 612):

"Umm. A portion of oil shall be allotted to you, provided you are confined to your hut at night. None of the folk need rest their eyes uneasily upon your visage as you become."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:50, Wed 12 Feb.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1646 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:26
Re: Rice Run
Chye puts his palms together.