Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Iskander
 player, 1712 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 20:28
Re: Rice Run
"It is good, we were able to use peaceful means, and foster goodwill."
Iskander crosses himself.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 976 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 23:48
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen slumps a little as he releases the spell holding the rokorubi.  "Ah, this is good.  I am pleased that none of the yokai have yet been killed.  As the son of my father, I believe that even such as these ought to be permitted to live their lives, providing they do no harm and earn their way."

He turns toward the hut where the ceremony had been held.

"I hope there is no more to do this night; I need rest.  I am nearly spent."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 820 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 8 Feb 2020
at 00:04
Re: Rice Run
Now that a deal had been struck between the yokai and the village, Ales slowly let the spell fade away.

"If there are no more yokai causing the villagers problems, I will continue my patrol of the grounds in search of any signs of the robber barons."

19:03, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Perception 15.
Narrator
 GM, 7409 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Feb 2020
at 20:52
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 617):

On this night of ghosts, none of Pequenaud's men are about, although they may well appear on the morrow.
Narrator
 GM, 7417 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 17 Feb 2020
at 20:55
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 618):

In the few hours before dawn, nothing further happens.
Narrator
 GM, 7429 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:26
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 619):

The villagers let you all sleep in.

3 points each, 1 extra for Ales for an innovative treatment of the rokurobi... it was unexpected.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 822 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 20:27
Re: Rice Run
*Bows deeply in respect*
Chye Isuel
 player, 1655 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 18:28
Re: Rice Run
13:25, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 6 using 3d6.  performance ~ 14.

13:25, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  Lute ~ 15.

Chye gets up in the late morning, and takes his lute along to the tavern.
He does a masterful performance of "Ambush on all sides"..., rocking out, towards the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MJTeR1JZZc

This message was last edited by the player at 18:29, Fri 21 Feb.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 978 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 23:39
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen arises after his sleep, refreshed.

He visits the privy, then the bath house, before going to see if there is still breakfast, or if it's closer to lunchtime.
Iskander
 player, 1714 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 02:57
Re: Rice Run
Iskander wakes up sometime in the late morning, as well. Seeking a light repast, he made his way to the tavern. He wondered if those soldiers would show up. He smirked at the thought of what they had in the jars, for them...
"Heh Heh..Aix n'aprendran!"
He said.
Village laborer
 NPC, 15 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:15
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 624):
One of the workers starting his day with a rice brew brightens when he sees you.
"The elder said to come to his hut."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 823 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:32
Re: Rice Run
Ales wakes up, and after getting freshened up, heads to the elder's hut.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1656 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:05
Re: Rice Run
Chye comes out of the tavern after finishing his song, and a brew. He spots Iskander coming his way, and approaches.
"Hey, are you going to tavern? I could use a drinking companion."
Iskander
 player, 1715 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:06
Re: Rice Run
"No, the elder wants to see us. It must be important, so you should follow me."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1657 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:07
Re: Rice Run
"Osu!"
Chye follows, to the elder's hut.
Village elder
 NPC, 18 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:09
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 628):

In the elders hut you find the shaman, Ming-sa, and the elder waiting for you.
"Good morning, noble warriors!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1658 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 21:54
Re: Rice Run
"Good morning, Elder-sama."
Chye bows
Ales Konstantin
 player, 824 posts
 Spellsword
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 22:02
Re: Rice Run
Ales bows in respect. "How may we be of service?"
Iskander
 player, 1716 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 22:51
Re: Rice Run
Iskander bows. "Senyor Elder."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 979 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 12:32
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen, seeing the group gather and head for the elder's hut, joins them.

When greeted by the Elder, he bows deeply.  "It is a good morning, elder."  He also bows to the shaman and Ming-Sa.
Village elder
 NPC, 19 posts
 Venerable Sahudese
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 16:30
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 634):

<goldenrod>"I thank you for your service to us in dealing with these yokai. Our workers have spotted the approach of the baron's men, and you will not be clear of this place with your oxcarts before they arrive, and they will seek to tax us on not only the rice intended for your Omo, but also for your oxen and the carts as well. There may not be a way to peacefully disuade them,."</yellow>
Chye Isuel
 player, 1659 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 21:21
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Village elder (msg # 635):

"Then we must prepare a defense. There is Chye, and also Tanaka-san, and other warriors here."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 980 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 23:22
Re: Rice Run
"They would tax your village on the presence of visitors?  If they will not see reason, they deserve whatever they receive.  I fear, however, the consequences to your village if we should slay some of them before they flee."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1660 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 00:37
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 637):
"Perhaps the Omo can send some mercs we hired recently to protect his interests here.
Are you in contact, through his messenger pidgeons, Elder-sama? If so, we'd best send the message as soon as possible, so they arrive in time."


Iskander
 player, 1717 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 00:42
Re: Rice Run
"I could build some traps around the parameter, and help organize a tactical advantage in the defense of the village."