Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Ales Konstantin
 player, 825 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 00:54
Re: Rice Run
Ales considers a method of defense for the village. He was not going to let a bunch of thugs harass a village of peaceful peasants.

19:38, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 6 using 3d6.  Tactics 12.

19:37, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 8 using 3d6.  Strategy 12.
Iskander
 player, 1718 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 03:37
Re: Rice Run
22:33, Today: Iskander rolled 14 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

22:32, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  traps ~ 13.

Iskander manages to set some traps, in conjunction with the defense points raised by Ales.
He doesn't lend anything else particularly innovative, beyond that.
Narrator
 GM, 7452 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 22:02
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 641):

You dig out some of the elevated roadway and lay wickerwork accross it and mud, laying in two trenches so that anyone jumping would fall in. You dig 1 yard trenches, are you going to spike them?
Iskander
 player, 1719 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:07
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 642):
Yes, Punji-Stakes.

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:08, Tue 25 Feb.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 982 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:26
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen examines the traps being dug in the road.

"We should supplement this with a stone wall, I think -- I can shape the earth of the road itself and convert some of it to stone."

While the digging is going on, Chou-Zhen moves the earth of the road to form a third trench about a yard wide, four feet deep, and long enough to cross the road, 120 cubic feet total (further from the village, two yards beyond the second of the hand dug trenches) just behind a wall six feet high, two feet thick, and ten feet wide (or as wide as the elevated road, if narrower).  He then transforms a six inch layer of the wall's surface (both faces and the top, leaving a foot thick layer of earth in the middle, plus a  two foot deep reinforcement on the trench side to make up 75 cubic feet) to solid stone.

With the work completed, he sits down with his back against the village side of the wall to rest (this will require an hour and ten minutes, likely done before the hand-dug trenches are finished).
Iskander
 player, 1720 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:32
Re: Rice Run
"With all this, it will be immediately apparent we aim to rebel. We'll need the Omo's protection for sure here, and there will be more fighting to come. I'm sure the village will agree they'd be better off under his protection, than these renegados."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:34, Tue 25 Feb.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1664 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 00:39
Re: Rice Run
19:35, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 18 using 3d6.  soldier ~ 13.

19:35, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 11 using 3d6.  leadership ~ 13.

Chye rounds up some recruits to drill them, in hand to hand combat.
He accidently hurts somebody during sparring however...
"Chye sorry! If Chye hurt you so you miss work, Chye pay you after danger is over, okay?"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 826 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 04:16
Re: Rice Run
Ales goes and finds Miko and asks if the catfolk has any skills as a scribe.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 NPC, 144 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:29
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 646):

"Relax Chye, if I am going to remain here as guardian I  can take on pupils. We will need the Omo to send us swords. When we have done with these men, they and their gear must be moved far from this place, so that they are not found here and the village found suspect. That area of low magical energy might be good."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1666 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:52
Re: Rice Run
"Osu."
Chye acquiesced.
Thinking for a moment, Chye recalled the spot his Tanaka spoke of. The place they had encountered with the meteorite disturbed the local mana, and make the plants grow funny.
"Hmm.. or maybe we cart all their spoils back on the cart with us, and sell them off in Northport's markets. Anything with their crest, we burn.. or we keep one thing to show the baronet when we return. That is another thing we must do."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 983 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:21
Re: Rice Run
"We must be wary yet.  If the baron's men are able to ride through the paddies, they will outflank our defenses.  Magic that covers a large enough area may be beyond my strength.

"If it will not damage a harvest, it may be preferable to flood the paddies.  We could drive stakes into the ground, and sharpen them to be below the water surface, as a further obstacle."

Village shaman
 NPC, 16 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 14:45
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 650):

"The outskirts of the paddies are hau ted by swarms of ka, the baron's men tend to stick to the road."

This message was last edited by the player at 14:46, Wed 04 Mar.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 984 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 23:31
Re: Rice Run
"Still, if they can go through the paddies, they may, when they find the road blocked.  I suppose that will give us warning, at the least; there is no cover, other than the levees between sections."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1667 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:29
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps Akitsu-sama will help. He could herd the Ka, onto the bad men."
Iskander
 player, 1721 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 00:31
Re: Rice Run
"We have his blessing, but we may need to make him aware of our need this time, and explain who these bad men are and how they harm the village he protects."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:32, Thu 05 Mar.

Village shaman
 NPC, 17 posts
 Sahudese village
 Religious leader
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 19:53
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 654):

"I will call Akitsu-Sama then, but I would rather he be out of reach from the cruel arrows of the baron's men."


Ooc: waling in the paddies is bad footing and reduces mv. Walking off the road by its side is bad footing.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 985 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 23:19
Re: Rice Run
"I would be most disappointed if Akitsu-Sama were to be harmed by the baron's men.  Is there no bait that will attract the ka to the paddies nearest the road?"
Iskander
 player, 1722 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 01:35
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps they could be driven into the traps, I set."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 827 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 6 Mar 2020
at 04:15
Re: Rice Run
"Perhaps they can be tempted with our special gift box, or if not, I can conjure some illusions or weaken them with some of my other spells."
Village laborer
 NPC, 16 posts
 Common field worker
 In sahudese village
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:23
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 658):

"They come! a score or more of them, several with horses and pack animals."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1668 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:23
Re: Rice Run
"Gift them with their special surprise first, then, we show our teeth!"
Iskander
 player, 1723 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 22:25
Re: Rice Run
"Let us try and distract them, while the shaman works to bring Akitsu-sama to our aid."
Iskander adds.
Narrator
 GM, 7499 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 23:31
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 661):

further south along the road, you can hear the jingling of horse harness and some rough voices.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1669 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 01:20
Re: Rice Run
Chye remains, in case diplomacy or muscle is needed.
Iskander
 player, 1724 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 01:25
Re: Rice Run
20:20, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 16.
Iskander vanishes, hiding in a spot he can observe from.