Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Iskander
 player, 1612 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:14
Rice Run
Iskander takes pity on the group, giving them $65
"Here...buy bread and medicine for yourselves..."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1462 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:19
Rice Run
Although, they aren't his people, Chye is moved by the charity, and by the apparent need of the beggars. "Chye not have much on him, but take these... that's at least 4-5 meals." Chye drops $9 into the pool, for them.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:20, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6248 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:21
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 16):

The beggars are ecstatic over the windfall!
Chye Isuel
 player, 1463 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:25
Rice Run
Chye smiles and bows, continuing on his way.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 120 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:28
Rice Run
Tanaka is also moved to compassion. Being of comfortable wealth, he gives them $91.
"Let it not be said that we Sahudese, are not also kind and good to those in need..." OOC: $165 so far, they've had a good day, i reckon. :)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6250 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:52
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 19):

Beggars usually make under $20 a day. A few of them start fighting over the coins.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1464 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 21:14
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 20):
17:05, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  diplomacy ~ 13.
Chye was afraid this would happen, and when he sees the fighting, he tries to calm them by urging them not to be greedy and to help one another.
"We wanted to help you.. Please do not fight among yourselves, for it makes us regret giving."
Narrator
 GM, 6252 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 21:31
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 21):

The majority of them settle down, but one uses their moment of humility to snatch an almsbowl and run.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 121 posts
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 22:03
Rice Run
Tanaka sighs, and smiles ruefully.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 858 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:20
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks after the bowl snatcher and raises a hand, queue lashing -- then lowers the hand again.

"These others know who that was; he will surely receive some grief later, when he must once again sit and beg with these others."

He digs in his pouch, pulls out a handful of loose cash, and scatters it among the remaining bowls.

(OOC: 32 cash at $2 each)
Iskander
 player, 1613 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:32
Rice Run
"Indeed. Poor, miserable, wretch.."
Iskander watched the beggar flee, with his selfish gains.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:33, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1465 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 23:36
Rice Run
Chye is angered, and nearly starts after the thief, but stops short, letting out a cry of frustration. "Ugh! 呪われるわがまま犬!"
*The cursed, selfish dog!*

This message was last edited by the player at 23:41, Fri 26 Apr 2019.

Ales Konstantin
 player, 739 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 28 Apr 2019
at 03:07
Rice Run
Ales also gives the beggars a one silver a piece as he passes through, blessing them in the name of the Shevnian deity of charity. When he has caught back up with the group, he mentions that there might be a storm coming up.
Narrator
 GM, 6259 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 19:34
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 27):

Once past the outskirts of the city, you notice peasants sowing the fields.
Much grain is grown here, for bread and animal feed, but little of it is popular among the Sahudese.

In the distance, you espy a faint commotion where a group of figures are gathered at a point where you can see a low stone wall marking a path that heDs east. From this distance, some of the people seem to be bakemono or Yōsei, and there seems to be at least one Neko Hito with them.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 859 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 22:45
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen peers in the direction of the disturbance, trying to make out what sort of bakemono or Yōsei they might be.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1468 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 22:54
Rice Run
"Eh?"
Chye observed the motley group.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:30, Tue 30 Apr 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1614 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 23:07
Rice Run
Iskander observes as well.
"Més curiosos..."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 122 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 23:34
Rice Run
19:32, Today: Tanaka Kojimaru rolled 10 using 3d6.  perception 12.
Tanaka makes a concentrated effort to make out their forms, before they get too near, assessing details and threat....

This message was last edited by the player at 23:34, Tue 30 Apr 2019.

Miko
 NPC, 21 posts
 Catfolk
Wed 1 May 2019
at 19:14
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 32):
 As you approach, one of your catfolk hisses to you.
"That one, they are not Neko like us, they are something different, older maybe."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 860 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 1 May 2019
at 22:50
Rice Run
"Miko, do you mean older the way yosei, and perhaps bakemono are older races than humans, or Elder, like my father, from an older world than this one?"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1472 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 2 May 2019
at 11:10
Rice Run
"Do you mean they are inclined towards evil?"
Chye turns his polearm upright, in his grip.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 123 posts
Thu 2 May 2019
at 11:14
Rice Run
The swordsman watched the group with a casual calm.
"Hmm..."
Ales Konstantin
 player, 745 posts
 Spellsword
Thu 2 May 2019
at 12:14
Rice Run
Upon hearing Tanaka's question, Ales abandoned his earlier idea. He hops of the oxen wagon and moves towards the group.  As he does, he casts a spell.


(Ooc:Ales casts Sense Foes. Roll passed by 1.)
Miko
 NPC, 22 posts
 Catfolk
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:01
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 37):
Ales notes a little hostility on the part of the farmers...
"The yosei are from an earlier time. I thank that Neko is yosei, not catfolk as we are today. I heard tales pur ancestors were yosei that became less magical.

The creatures before you are strange.
There is a bakemono playing a woodwind instrument, and one angry looking farmer has just returned with a small stringed instrument and a bow.
There is a tall, pale yosei, the small strange catfolk, and and some farmers are dancing.
There is also a short, stocky chikyū kobito, bearded with mosses in his hair and beard.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:17, Thu 02 May 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1474 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 2 May 2019
at 20:05
Rice Run
"It looks as if they're ready to make-merry, but these people do not look as if they enjoy themselves, Chye think...Is that an elf, yonder?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:06, Thu 02 May 2019.