Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Iskander
 player, 1730 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 23:07
Re: Rice Run
19:06, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 2d6.  swing, cutting dmg x 1.5.

19:06, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  broadsword ~ 16.

Iskander cleaves at the bucking horse's flanks!
Ales Konstantin
 player, 833 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 00:44
Re: Rice Run
Ales begins chanting and begins shaping the air into a thick, hot dense mass among the soldiers. As he chants, he adds in some additional gestures causing the air to heat up, hot enough to scald the soldiers if in metal armor, and severe discomfort in leather.

20:38, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 4 using 3d6.  Heat (14, -1 for one spell on)=13. Crit!

20:36, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 14 using 3d6.  Shape Air 14.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 991 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 09:00
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen once more gestures and speaks, summoning a crackling ball of energy into his left hand.  After a heartbeat's pause to aim, he releases the lightning at the leader.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 6 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 14:44
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 701):

a scattering of arrows rains down harmlessly, except for one striking Tanaka as he leaps over the wall and the pit below.

The lightning cast by Chou-Zen spells out 闪电 before stiking, and the leader crackles with electricity,  but seems unstunned. His horse has had enough, and bucks, but he holds on.

The horse slashed by Iskander collapses onto its rider, Iskander must dodge a wild kick or take 3 points crushing.

You can hear several clattering sounds, as hot swords hit the roadway.


Ales, roll again for your crit; the casting of heat is free, let's see how weird the effects are.
Iskander
 player, 1731 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 14:52
Re: Rice Run
10:49, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 15.
Iskander somersaults through the air, landing in a crouch.
"Ayup!"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 835 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:28
Re: Rice Run
Ooc: 11:27, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 12 using 3d6.  Heat critical effect.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1684 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:44
Re: Rice Run
11:41, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 8 using 3d6.  acrobatics ~ 14.

Not to be outdone, Chye abandons going for his bow, and somersaults over the pit.
"Osu!"

This message was last edited by the player at 23:25, Wed 01 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 7605 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:57
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 704):

There is a scent of ozone along with the dry heat, and a faint rushing sound.

Fire continues to rain down, and the leader's horse breaks and runs, smoking in several places, as is his armor, clearing the firey rain.

The men break out of formation and scatter. one seems to have caught cinders in the face and is staying in the field, clutching his face.
Iskander
 player, 1732 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:10
Re: Rice Run
Iskander gets to his feet, and continues advancing, drawing his sai.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1685 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:11
Re: Rice Run
Chye advances upon the man, clutching his face.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 837 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:33
Re: Rice Run
Ales moves in towards the nearest soldier, sword readied.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 994 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 22:57
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen smiles (not a pleasant expression, on his features) as the men and horses flee.  He cracks his leather whip as loudly as he can, and shouts in his accented Aralaise, "Run back to your den, dogs!"
Narrator
 GM, 7618 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 20:46
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 709):

Hot cinders continue to rain upon the roadway, causing 1pt per second burning!

The leader regains control of his horse once out of the firey rain, and calls to the sodiers to regroup further back.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 838 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 01:49
Re: Rice Run
(ooc: can we get a breakdown on the shape of the opposing troops?)
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 995 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 09:11
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen once more summons lightning into his hand, and takes aim at the leader.
Narrator
 GM, 7626 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:42
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 713):

There had been tnree on horseback (two are dead or disabled) and about two dozen, armed with shortswords, shields, and shortbows.

Only about a dozen have reformed on the road, the rest are scattered to either side. They are now 10-12 yards away, on the otber side of the rain of fire.
Iskander
 player, 1733 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 05:12
Re: Rice Run
"We should stay within the effects of the spell, Chye. Let's regroup for  their next assault."
Iskander suggests
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 996 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:47
Re: Rice Run
After aiming carefully, Chou-Zhen releases his bolt at the leader.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1687 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:57
Re: Rice Run
Chye stays within the effects of the mist.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 7 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 16:35
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 717):

The bolt catches him in the chest, and he collapses, falling out of the saddle.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 839 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 18:51
Re: Rice Run
Ales quickly retreats back into the fog.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 997 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 21:53
Re: Rice Run
Chou-Zhen gestures with his left hand, and his lightning whip springs forth.  He whirls it over his head.  "Run away!" he shouts at the now leaderless squad.
Pequenaud's men
 NPC, 8 posts
 Surly guard from
 Barony of Veroigne
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 02:03
Re: Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 720):

More of the men are scrambling away, although a handful of arrows sail past the horses and strike the wall.
Iskander
 player, 1734 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 02:33
Re: Rice Run
"Chye, let's drag the leader back to the village!"
Iskander points at the unhorsed, and wounded leader.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1695 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 02:34
Re: Rice Run
"Osu!"
Chye goes along.