Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Jelak
 NPC, 8 posts
 Grimalkin
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:52
Rice Run
In reply to Fisbie (msg # 48):

"Who are these fine felines?" inquires a striped catfolk wearing a vest and boots. He is carrying a fishing rod.
Like most cats, he seems to ignore the plight of humans.
Farmer
 NPC, 1 post
 Man of the earth
Sun 5 May 2019
at 19:54
Rice Run
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 47):

"Let him hear this then,"
The peasant tucks his fiddle under his chin and begins to saw away at it furiously.

The bakemono changes his tune to match.
Mancini
 player, 222 posts
 Shrewd Guildsman, Rank 3
 Charisma 2, Voice
Sun 5 May 2019
at 21:13
Rice Run
In reply to Farm worker (msg # 47):


"Why do you wish not to dance? I am not trying to insult you, only seeking to understand your side of the matter."
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 863 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 5 May 2019
at 22:44
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen approaches the flute player and catfolk, listening to the music and watching the dance.

He addresses the cat man in Aralaise, "The catfolk traveling with us are servants of the House of Sakemoko, as are the rest of us.  I do not understand why these farm folk dance when they should be working.  Especially, because they don't seem to enjoy the dance."
Iskander
 player, 1617 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 6 May 2019
at 05:14
Rice Run
"This must be the magic I sensed... these are faerie folk. It is said to be careful in how one must deal with their mischief making...Often humoring them, and being a good sport, yields the best result,and sometimes..even a reward!"
Iskander whispered to he others
Chye Isuel
 player, 1476 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 6 May 2019
at 05:18
Rice Run
"So if they fed them dinner, or gave them drink, they'd go on their way, and the next morning, they'd find all their planting done, eh?"
Iskander
 player, 1618 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 6 May 2019
at 05:21
Rice Run
"I'm no expert on the lore... but that is what folk say. There must be some truth to it."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 125 posts
Mon 6 May 2019
at 07:56
Rice Run
"Well, staying and drinking with them, is out of the question. It'd amount to abandoning our wagon train!"
Chye Isuel
 player, 1477 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Tue 7 May 2019
at 15:48
Rice Run
"Bwahahahaa!"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 864 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 7 May 2019
at 22:52
Rice Run
"I have felt no compulsion to dance, although I can clearly hear the music."  Chou-Zhen looks around.  "Perhaps I am too distant."

He begins slowly moving toward the bakemono with the flute.
Leandru
 NPC, 4 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:29
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 58):

The elf, who is beautiful, but leaves frost in her footprints looks at Chou-Zen with curiosity.
" Were that this be resolved quickly. We came from the west, travelling east, but were confronted with a starfall, and had to make our way to this hedgerow to resume our westward journey. A storm comes soon, and we would best be away from this place."
Fisbie
 NPC, 11 posts
 Woodgrue
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:31
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 58):

The hautbois player seems delited at the fiddle playing, and prances about giddily.

As he closes, Chou-Zen feels a compulsion overtake him.

Will roll.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 865 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:48
Rice Run
Closer to the center of the music, Chou-Zhen indeed begins to step along with the rhythm, though his lashing queue is out of tempo.

OOC: how far is Chou-Zhen from the woodgrue?
Narrator
 GM, 6296 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 May 2019
at 23:30
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 61):

About 3 yards. The woodgrue is playing to match the fiddler, who is trying to disrupt him.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 866 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 9 May 2019
at 08:53
Rice Run
Synchronizing his movements with those of the dance, Chou-Zhen takes his leather whip from his belt and flips it out toward the piping bakemono, then speaks a word, loudly enough to penetrate the music.
Iskander
 player, 1619 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 9 May 2019
at 15:46
Rice Run
Iskander, who's been aware the whole time, points as he observes Chou.
"Behold, do not approach! Let's step this way, and be on our way! They are just having a little mischief. They aren't going to harm these folks.. The elf looks like their foil, and will soon have them all on their way, to where ever they are going, I'm sure..However, we might have to put you on the wagon, Chou, if you cannot escape them!"

This message was last edited by the player at 15:49, Thu 09 May 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 126 posts
Thu 9 May 2019
at 17:54
Rice Run
"You're the last one I thought would succumb to this faerie magic. Can you make it to the wagon? We mustn't tarry, for a storm is brewing."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1478 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 9 May 2019
at 20:18
Rice Run
Chye puts on his cloak,removing the plume from his jingasa, and angling his wide brim, for the rain.
Fisbie
 NPC, 12 posts
 Woodgrue
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:03
Rice Run
The woodgrue blows his cheeks out like a frog, but his instrument makes no sound. Confused, and not noticing the sudden silence of the fiddler, he inspects his hautbois in confusion.
Hussdor
 NPC, 5 posts
 Moss dwarf
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:05
Rice Run
In reply to Fisbie (msg # 67):

The dwarf covers his mossy bearded mouth, and rolls his black eyes toward the small cat, who bites his lip.
Leandru
 NPC, 5 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:06
Rice Run
In reply to Hussdor (msg # 68):

The elf, out of range of the sudden silence, raises a finger to its lips.
"Oh My!"
Farm worker
 NPC, 2 posts
 Common laborer
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:08
Rice Run
In reply to Leandru (msg # 69):

"Thank the gods!"
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 867 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 10 May 2019
at 09:03
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen steps up to the bakemono with his pipe and squats down enough to look into the woodgrue's face.  He shakes his head broadly and puts his fingers to his lips in a "shush" sign.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1479 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 10 May 2019
at 09:55
Rice Run
Chye exchanges glances with the others, his expression, a wry one.
Iskander
 player, 1620 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 10 May 2019
at 18:33
Rice Run
"Ha ha ha... Now they can get on with their work. Good work, Chou."