Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Iskander
 player, 1620 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 10 May 2019
at 18:33
Rice Run
"Ha ha ha... Now they can get on with their work. Good work, Chou."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 127 posts
Fri 10 May 2019
at 18:47
Rice Run
"Just what the situation called for. Well done! I was afraid Chye would join them, and we'd end up having a roadside rendezvous and we'd all be literally "Dancing in the Rain.""
Leandru
 NPC, 6 posts
 Elf of Fairie
Fri 10 May 2019
at 22:11
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 71):

The elf pinches the woodgrue's ear, and leads him away from the crowd. The cat and dwarf follow.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 868 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 10 May 2019
at 22:44
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen looks after the odd group, silently coils his whip and clips it back onto his belt, then starts back toward the road, angling to intercept the ox train (which, presumably, never stopped).

Once he can hear his own footsteps again, he calls out to the others.  "Let us continue without further delay."

Once he's able to catch up to the wagons, he'll clamber aboard one in order to rest for a few minutes.
Farmer
 NPC, 2 posts
 Man of the earth
Fri 10 May 2019
at 22:56
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 76):

The peasants wave as you pass.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 869 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sat 11 May 2019
at 18:28
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen waves back at the workers.
Narrator
 GM, 6318 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 May 2019
at 18:33
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 78):

You continue south, passing the last of the fields, and seeing the beginning of the forest.
As you approach, how close are you standing to either side of the road, which is becoming overgrown?


A storm is brewing to the south.
Iskander
 player, 1621 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sat 11 May 2019
at 21:31
Rice Run
Iskander puts his cloak on, and hood up.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 128 posts
Sat 11 May 2019
at 21:33
Rice Run
Tanaka turns the collar up, on his long coat, and adjusts his jingasa for the rain as well. He is following closely behind the last team.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:24, Mon 13 May 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 870 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 12 May 2019
at 18:12
Rice Run
Once rested, Chou-Zhen will follow behind the left side wheel of the wagon he'd ridden, keeping a close watch on the heavy growth on his side of he road.

To no one in particular, "This is about as far from the city as I have ever been.  There has never been reason to leave Northport before this."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1480 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 13 May 2019
at 10:15
Rice Run
"Same, friend. Chye has not left the city, and has been here in Aral, six moons. First time, into the countryside, and Chye is eager to meet the other Sahudese, in this village. Every new  settlement of our people, away from home, are more people that may have heard or know of something about what Chye seek."
Chye moniters the tall grasses on his side of the road, hefting his polearm into a ready position, so he'd be ready for possible ambush.."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:19, Mon 13 May 2019.

Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 871 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Mon 13 May 2019
at 21:53
Rice Run
"We seem to have passed the active fields."  Chou-Zhen releases his whip from his belt and carries it in his right hand, tip held captive to keep it away from the wheel.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 129 posts
Tue 14 May 2019
at 13:02
Rice Run
"I have been a guest for several weeks, in the Omo's household. This is an excellent chance to see more of Aral's interior, and I am also curious about this village."
Narrator
 GM, 6336 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 15 May 2019
at 20:39
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 85):

Chou-Zen fees something subtle...
Make a per+magery roll
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 875 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:43
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's magical perception draws his attention.
Iskander
 player, 1622 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 15 May 2019
at 22:49
Rice Run
18:47, Today: Iskander rolled 8 using 3d6.  perception + magery 0 = 13 or less.
Iskander senses it too..
Narrator
 GM, 6347 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 16 May 2019
at 18:51
Rice Run
You both notice that the area west of the rosd has a markedly lower level of natural manna.
Iskander
 player, 1623 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:01
Rice Run
"Chou-Zhen, do you think someone or something might be hidden by the road, disrupting the local mana, in this area..? I'm curious to see what's causing this...Most curious, indeed.."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:10, Thu 16 May 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1482 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:07
Rice Run
"Huh? What is it now?"
Chye is curious about what all the hubbub is about.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 130 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:09
Rice Run
"Danger?"
The swordsman touches his hilt.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 876 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:03
Rice Run
"The Yōsei, frost elf, said something about having to detour around a starfall.  This may be where iron has fallen from the sky, and is sapping mana.  It ought to have little effect on us, other than limiting our ability to cast spells, but such a thing is valuable.

"We should mark the spot so we can collect it on the way home."

Iskander
 player, 1624 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:25
Rice Run
"Great minds, think alike, Senyor!"
18:26, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  Cartography ~ 12.

18:26, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  Orienteering ~ 16.

Using the landscape, Iskander should have no trouble marking the location.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:28, Thu 16 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6356 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:42
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 94):

An armory or connoiseiur:weapins, hazmat magical or metallurgy roll will reveal some information.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 748 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 17 May 2019
at 02:43
Rice Run
Ales finally speaks up . "I would definitely like a piece of that metal for a new weapon if it is what I think it is."

(Ooc: Con. Weapons roll passed, hazmat magical roll passed.)
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 877 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 17 May 2019
at 09:08
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen considers what he knows and has heard about sky iron.