Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Iskander
 player, 1623 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:01
Rice Run
"Chou-Zhen, do you think someone or something might be hidden by the road, disrupting the local mana, in this area..? I'm curious to see what's causing this...Most curious, indeed.."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:10, Thu 16 May 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1482 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:07
Rice Run
"Huh? What is it now?"
Chye is curious about what all the hubbub is about.
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 130 posts
Thu 16 May 2019
at 20:09
Rice Run
"Danger?"
The swordsman touches his hilt.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 876 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:03
Rice Run
"The Yōsei, frost elf, said something about having to detour around a starfall.  This may be where iron has fallen from the sky, and is sapping mana.  It ought to have little effect on us, other than limiting our ability to cast spells, but such a thing is valuable.

"We should mark the spot so we can collect it on the way home."

Iskander
 player, 1624 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 16 May 2019
at 22:25
Rice Run
"Great minds, think alike, Senyor!"
18:26, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  Cartography ~ 12.

18:26, Today: Iskander rolled 10 using 3d6.  Orienteering ~ 16.

Using the landscape, Iskander should have no trouble marking the location.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:28, Thu 16 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6356 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 17 May 2019
at 01:42
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 94):

An armory or connoiseiur:weapins, hazmat magical or metallurgy roll will reveal some information.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 748 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 17 May 2019
at 02:43
Rice Run
Ales finally speaks up . "I would definitely like a piece of that metal for a new weapon if it is what I think it is."

(Ooc: Con. Weapons roll passed, hazmat magical roll passed.)
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 877 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 17 May 2019
at 09:08
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen considers what he knows and has heard about sky iron.
Iskander
 player, 1625 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 17 May 2019
at 10:40
Rice Run
"This type of iron is the same, that chest we took from the Silver Jade Palace and delivered to the Omo, was made of. depending on how big this thing is.. we might need, a team of oxen. "I'd like to get a small shield, made of such a metal.. or a coif even.."
Narrator
 GM, 6365 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 19 May 2019
at 14:20
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 98):

Sky metal is worth 30 times the cost of normal iron, and is anti-magical, capable of bypassing protective magics. It is more useful as a weapon than a shield, but useful as armor. It is also great for locks...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1483 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Sun 19 May 2019
at 16:03
Rice Run
"Let's have a look, I'm Curious to see this, and how big it is. If it can disrupt a whole area, it must be pretty big, huh?"
Iskander
 player, 1626 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Sun 19 May 2019
at 16:04
Rice Run
"I'll go with you!"
Ales Konstantin
 player, 749 posts
 Spellsword
Sun 19 May 2019
at 17:40
Rice Run
"Let's see this hunk of space metal."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 131 posts
Sun 19 May 2019
at 18:09
Rice Run
"Go, I shall stay and keep watch, the the wagons."
The more staid, swordsman said to the others.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 878 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Sun 19 May 2019
at 20:54
Rice Run
"I, also, will stay with the wagons.  The closer I am to this fallen sky iron, the less useful my magic."
Narrator
 GM, 6370 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 May 2019
at 16:30
Rice Run
In reply to Chou-Zhen Mou (msg # 104):

As they head off the road, the spellcasters are acutely aware of the low level of manna. You head west, make per rolls
Ales Konstantin
 player, 750 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 20 May 2019
at 17:02
Rice Run
"Something is off."


(Ooc: Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 10 using 3d6.  Perception check vs 13.)
Narrator
 GM, 6375 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 May 2019
at 17:19
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 106):

You notice a faint path worn this way, something a little more pronounced than a game trail.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 751 posts
 Spellsword
Mon 20 May 2019
at 18:11
Rice Run
Ales readies his scimitar, motions for silence, and then quietly proceeds ahead.
Iskander
 player, 1627 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:35
Rice Run
16:34, Today: Iskander rolled 11 using 3d6.  stealth 16.
Iskander stealths along quietly...
Chye Isuel
 player, 1486 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Mon 20 May 2019
at 20:36
Rice Run
16:35, Today: Chye Isuel rolled 13 using 3d6.  stealth 15.
Chye crouches like a tiger, and becomes the hidden dragon...
Narrator
 GM, 6380 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 May 2019
at 18:07
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 110):

After advancing a bit, things seem unnaturally  still. The ground has a reddish cast, and the plants seem sickly but overgrown. There is a clearing ahead... mages make an int+magery roll. You feel uncomfortably empty.
Iskander
 player, 1628 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 22 May 2019
at 18:12
Rice Run
14:10, Today: Iskander rolled 15 using 3d6.  IQ 13 + magery 0 = 13 or less .
Iskander doesn't seem to notice, as he stealths along..
Ales Konstantin
 player, 752 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 22 May 2019
at 20:11
Rice Run
Ales notices something unnatural about the situation. "We must be close," he whispers.

(Ooc:16:08, Today: Ales Konstantin rolled 11 using 3d6.  IQ+ Magery roll= 16. Roll passed.)
Narrator
 GM, 6388 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 May 2019
at 15:05
Rice Run
In reply to Ales Konstantin (msg # 113):

The area you are in is completely depleted of manna. Part of you feels numb.

You notice an upright stone, covered with bloated vines.