Rice Run.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 886 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 22:42
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen continues to sleep.
Iskander
 player, 1641 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 22:48
Rice Run

18:47, Today: Iskander rolled 13 using 3d6.  area knowledge ~ 13 (northport).
Iskander thinks he might have heard that name before, mentioned back in the city...
Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 4 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Tue 11 Jun 2019
at 23:23
Rice Run
In reply to Grimaldi (msg # 172):

"Oh, one of those. Gives me gooseflesh. So you buy rice from the swamp folk..." He exchanges a look with some of his me."</green>


Iskander has vaguely heard of a job offer from this Pequenaud person, but cannot remember any details.


Make another area knowledge roll at -4, or an area knowledge: Adventurer's Guild  roll.
Chye Isuel
 player, 1501 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:06
Rice Run
"That's right." Chye smiles.
"You still haven't told us who you are, you wouldn't be brigands would you,now? Chye beginning to like you!"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:10, Wed 12 June 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1642 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:09
Rice Run
20:07, Today: Iskander rolled 9 using 3d6.  area knowledge ~ 13 (northport) -4 for guild knowledge, 9 or less. right on the nail!
Iskander is familiar with the story, after some thought...
Ales Konstantin
 player, 758 posts
 Spellsword
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:22
Rice Run
Ales listens to the exchange, trying to get clues as to who these people are.
Iskander
 player, 1643 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 00:33
Rice Run
"Mercenaries, perhaps? I don't recognize the emblem on your surcoats, from back in the city, but then, I too am not from around here."
Iskander said in a friendly manner.
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 887 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 09:09
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen mutters something unintelligible, seemingly still asleep.
Narrator
 GM, 6460 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 19:46
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 177):

The soldiers of Veroigne left the employ of the Baroness when she married Pequenaud, who brought his own men.  The previous guard were loyal to her brother, the Baronet, who headed north.  Recently, without her brother the Baronet, and his husband the captain of the guards, the legendary beast of Veroigne has gone on a rampage, and a party of adventurers were hired to defeat it.  You heard that they left town shortly before you.
Merry men of Veroigne
 NPC, 3 posts
 Bowmen and swordsmen
 In the woods
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 19:47
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 176):

"We serve Veroigne, but not the Baron or his men, or business associates."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1502 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 20:49
Rice Run
"Hmm.. Tell us more of this baron. Is he a wicked lord? Our interests lie with the villagers there, and Chye have a personal interest in their benefit and well-being. As does our lord. He would be interested to hear of anyone who may be exploiting our people, here."

This message was last edited by the player at 00:22, Thu 13 June 2019.

Iskander
 player, 1644 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Wed 12 Jun 2019
at 23:12
Rice Run
In reply to Narrator (msg # 181):
OOC:So, these are a band of renegade soldiers, loyal to the baronet, who is sir james. and these are his men, whom are acting as robinhood types, while he is gone?
9:15, Today: Iskander rolled 5 using 3d6.  area knowledge ~ 13 (northport).
As a person of status in Northport, Iskander is familiar with the baronet, Sir James.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:17, Wed 12 June 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6463 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 13 Jun 2019
at 16:23
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 184):

Bingo
Iskander
 player, 1645 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Thu 13 Jun 2019
at 17:21
Rice Run
"You must be Sir Jame's men, The Baronet of Veroigne! So the rumors are true. In the baronet's absence, his brother-in-law, has become a tyrant... I think we should help these men and women, thwart this baron."
Iskander said, looking at the band, with new understanding of the situation.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Thu 13 June 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1503 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Thu 13 Jun 2019
at 19:29
Rice Run
"Maybe they'll have carrier pigeons, since the village is connected by trade route, and will go back to the palace. If we learn anything and the situation changes, we may need to inform the Omo, and await new orders. Chye all for taking down bad men!"
He raises his cup to the men and women of Veroigne.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:30, Thu 13 June 2019.

Monsieur Hood
 NPC, 5 posts
 Leader of a band
 Of bandits
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 02:27
Rice Run
In reply to Iskander (msg # 186):

While the men drinking your ale seem very cheered by your statement of support, their leader seems a little suspicious of your motives.
"I appreciate the support, but it would have been more genuine if you had opened with that. Still, I appreciate that  you are not the ally of my enemy. If your business is with the swamp folk, so be it, but the peasants of the fields and forests need bolstering. Let me see what your cats have on these wagons."
Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 139 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 03:09
Rice Run
In reply to Monsieur Hood (msg # 188):

Warily Tanaka watched these strangers, who the others seemed content to chat with. Their leaders comment about checking the wagons contents suggested the fellow intended to help himself to the merchant's goods.
Ales Konstantin
 player, 759 posts
 Spellsword
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 03:57
Rice Run
Ales ears perked up when the leader of the band suggested he take a look at their supplies. He had come across their type before.... take from the rich, give to the poor, while they make a tidy profit on the side.  He was weary of Mon. Hood's motives.

"As we are not working with your enemies, us there a reason you must disturb our xatfolk friends, Mon. Hood? The catfolk are skittish of strangers and it will take forever to calm them back down, just so you can quell your curiousity."
Chye Isuel
 player, 1504 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:22
Rice Run
"Let the man satisfy his curiosity that we are  whom we say we are. Chye see no harm in that..
And forgive us Monsieur, for not opening with that offer. You see, we hadn't known if you were friend or foe yet, either. For all we knew, you were marauders come to rob us in the night."
Chye reasoned.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:57, Fri 14 June 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 140 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:31
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 191):

ooc I'm wondering if the goods in the wagon are yours? If not let the owners decide if they want to have him view their wares.
Iskander
 player, 1646 posts
 Iskander Cambriel Almonte
 Valdassyan Adventurer.
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:41
Rice Run
"Look, you may, but take nothing from us, Senyor. Or we shall have to defend ourselves, as we are honor bound to succeed in our mission, and safely deliver our trade goods to the villagers. This is where whether you turn now this instant, into a friend... or foe."
Iskander stood up. (intolerance of tyranny and brigandage! -5) yes that's really an intolerance he has!

This message was last edited by the player at 09:35, Fri 14 June 2019.

Chye Isuel
 player, 1505 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 05:42
Rice Run
In reply to Tanaka Kojimaru (msg # 192):
OOC you're not a diplomat in real life, are ye?

This message was last edited by the player at 07:00, Fri 14 June 2019.

Tanaka Kojimaru
 player, 141 posts
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 06:10
Rice Run
In reply to Chye Isuel (msg # 194):

Ooc sssssss.... make a sign of warding....
Chye Isuel
 player, 1506 posts
 Osu! Ora Chye Iseul!
 Dragon descended, Youxia
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 07:00
Rice Run
OOC I sure wish sleeping beauty, would wake up! xD
Chou-Zhen Mou
 player, 888 posts
 Not quite right but
 a mage none the less
Fri 14 Jun 2019
at 08:58
Rice Run
Chou-Zhen's queue begins to twitch, followed by other small movements, which spread into full body flexes and stretches before he sits up and looks around the camp.

"Who are these strangers?"