Near Al Menir.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 210 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 04:09
Re: Near Al Menir
He just looks on, much of this not clear to him.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 78 posts
 Agent about town
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 18:38
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 818):

"It looks like our late friend left us a  tool to pry it off with."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 391 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 23:08
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron follows along right behind Amelia on the topic.

"Hand me that metal bar our friend was carrying.  I'll see if I can destroy it that way."

OOC I had this idea before my last post, but didn't want to jump ahead of Gareth.  He ought to be good enough with a sword-like object to use the bar as a club or sword...

Ryojin
 player, 58 posts
 Martial artist
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 15:28
Re: Near Al Menir

ooc: I can bash the gylphs with the crowbar doing 4d cr or punch them to break them doing 2d+8 cr with an AD of 1/2 or 1/3.

Gareth
 player, 629 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 23:18
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Ryojin (msg # 821):

Gareth will direct the efforts...
Narrator
 GM, 7914 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 14:24
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Ryojin (msg # 821):

To get the best use of the crowbar, use 2hd axe/mace for swing +2, if you have forced entry use thst skill instead plus the associated bonus. Target is about a foot square, so -4 to hit. Swing as you like, this is really just to determine time.

Target has DR4, 8 hp
Berry
 player, 182 posts
 Mage
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 22:48
Re: Near Al Menir
You can take a dedicated attack though, which is a +4.

Berry waits for other people to do the hard physical labor of smashing stuff.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 392 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 16:58
Re: Near Al Menir
Seeing as how no one else has stepped up, Haveron takes the crowbar in his hand, somewhat awkwardly.  At first he turns it to put the hooked end on the swing side, then he turns it to hold the hook end, so it can be used more like a sword.  Then he tries swinging.

OOC Base 2-H Axe/Mace for Haveron would be average, he doesn't have any of the related skills so it's a pure DX default.  When I was a kid I used to sword fight with my brother by holding the hooked end.  This default for Haveron will be much better, because he has a couple sword skills already.  He's wielding it like a club, but the roll should still use Broadsword.

I figure they end up being about the same.  Using the untrained skill he makes an all out attack at +4 to hit, and the weighted end does more damage as an impact weapon.  Using it like a club gives him enough skill to hit reliably, so he can all out attack for +2 damage.

EDIT - True, Ryojin.  :)

This message was last edited by the player at 21:30, Tue 30 June.

Ryojin
 player, 59 posts
 Martial artist
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 19:22
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron Stormwal:
Seeing as how no one else has stepped up, Haveron takes the crowbar in his hand, somewhat awkwardly.  At first he turns it to put the hooked end on the swing side, then he turns it to hold the hook end, so it can be used more like a sword.  Then he tries swinging.

OOC Base 2-H Axe/Mace for Haveron would be average, he doesn't have any of the related skills so it's a pure DX default.  When I was a kid I used to sword fight with my brother by holding the hooked end.  This default for Haveron will be much better, because he has a couple sword skills already.  He's wielding it like a club, but the roll should still use Broadsword.

I figure they end up being about the same.  Using the untrained skill he makes an all out attack at +4 to hit, and the weighted end does more damage as an impact weapon.  Using it like a club gives him enough skill to hit reliably, so he can all out attack for +2 damage.



ooc:kinda hard to step up when you already declared first crack at it. As I posted earlier,  Ryojin could also do it, with his fists. If he is unable to break it, I will take a swing at it.

Narrator
 GM, 7923 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 17:26
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Ryojin (msg # 826):

Haveron needs tomake a dodge roll to avoid being struck br a rebound.

Ryojin can try, next
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 393 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 22:10
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron swings the crowbar, and then pulls his face out of the way as it comes back right at his head.  With a sheepish grin, he steps out of the way to let Ryojin take a crack at it.
Ryojin
 player, 61 posts
 Martial artist
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 23:27
Re: Near Al Menir
Ryojin steps up to the plate, waving away the crowbar, if he can't do it with his own fists then their is no point. He stares at his target, breathing slowly.

Inhale.

He widens his stance and measures his distance with his eyes.

Exhale.

He starts to gather his chi inward, swirling it around his body and then back out around his skin.

Inhale. Exhale. He continues this for a little while, with each passing second more of his chi gathering and swirling. You can see his energy flowing over his body and concentrating on his fist.

Finally He unleashes his strike. Eyes sharp, he thrusts his fist into the target, his chi forming what looks like a lance head over his fist. The strike lands true, burying a whole and shatter the plate.

He steps back and exhales.

"I am still lacking, that strike was not good." He says to himself.

He steps back somemore.


ooc:

concentrate for 32 turns to roll against Power Blow at full skill. failed.
penetrating strike at full skill +3 for chi charge, AD 2. success.
Piercing strike at skill-2 plus +3 for chi charge, large piercing wound mod. success.
Karate punch -4 SM +4 for telegraphed. AoA Strong for +1 per die. success.

1d-1 -1(punch) +1("Eagle Claw") +1("Unarmed Master") +2("Karate DX+2") +1(Gauntlets) +2(AoAS) = 1d+5 (AD 2) pi+

damage rolled = 11 (AD 2) pi+

11-2(DR) = 9 * 1.5(pi+) = 13 injury to the tablet.

FP 9/12

edit:: That should have been 2d+10 T,T

This message was last edited by the player at 23:31, Thu 02 July.

Narrator
 GM, 7930 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 17:34
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Ryojin (msg # 829):

Startlingly, the presence of the tower is suddenly sharp and clear. You wonder how you ever mussed it being there!
Gareth
 player, 630 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 22:19
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 830):

"That should free our dead friends spirit, I expect! Lets keep going..."
Narrator
 GM, 7940 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 19:21
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 831):

Your friend died because he could not leave the area, not just because he didn't return to the tower.
Gareth
 player, 631 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 20:14
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 832):

Yes, but his spirit could not depart because of the magic, right? And now that has been resolved...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 394 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 23:29
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron bows his head to Ryojin as a gesture of respect, seeing as how he has observed the behavior before.  Handing the crowbar off, he starts looking the tower over carefully.  Haveron of course wants to identify all the entrances and exits.  He also wants to know about armaments, defenses, and anything else of interest.
Narrator
 GM, 7947 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 20:07
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 833):

Nope. He couldn't leave the area because of the other banes.
Gareth
 player, 632 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 20:27
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 835):

I see. Gareth will also look over the tower, noting any defences, entrances, etc.
Narrator
 GM, 7952 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 19:49
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 836):

There is one door in the almost featureless tower... the designs for traps you saw take up more space than is visible here, so if they exist, and nothing is invisible,  they must be below you.

The door has no visible lock.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 395 posts
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 20:41
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron motions for Omar to cover Amelia, and then he opens the door, sword in hand and ready to go.
Gareth
 player, 633 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 22:33
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 838):

Gareth creates a fireball for cover...
Narrator
 GM, 7958 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 19:37
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 838):

The door resists as if solid.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 396 posts
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 21:14
Re: Near Al Menir
OOC  Haveron is just trying to open it normally.  When you say it resists, are you saying he can't turn the handle, or the door doesn't want to open?  How is it resisting?  I wasn't clear on how to react.
Gareth
 player, 634 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 21:40
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 841):

Gareth tries to see what the problem is...