Near Al Menir.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 7186 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 17:14
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Bechazruhk Burke (msg # 499):

To refresh folks, many who didn't start with these characters,  a rumor was heard, and substantiated by a visit to the stages of the Dismal Tower.
  A Valdassyan goat herder was pursuing some hares and found himself in a  clearing by the sea cliffs that he could not leave for several weeks, and was found to be delerious and starving. Hecspoke of a tower he could not see, and could not describe how he had gotten there or how he had managed to escape.

Sailors also told of a tower by the cliffs that could only be seen by the most skeptical  of men.

It may be the place a wizard collected magic, or where a demon is bound

link to a message in this game

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:43, Tue 31 Dec 2019.

Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 48 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 18:11
Re: Near Al Menir
As they walk the dirty hippy listens to the stories unfold.  The goat herder apparently driven insane, but was its origin magical or a more natural madness?  Next Bechazruhk is informed of the sailors tales and the speculation of a magical storage facility or perhaps a bound daemon.  The man has never encountered either, heard rumors yes but never seen them first hand.  It both intrigues the druid and frightens him slightly.


OOC:
Ready to move on.  Take point with Haveron.  Make small talk to get to know the man better and discuss the virtues and methods of composting.  Keep a watchful eye out.  About every 30 minutes we'll do a quick step to get 50 or so yards ahead and then pause so that Feylan can sniff around for anything weird while the others catch up.  Always stay in sight of the main group.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:56, Wed 01 Jan.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 318 posts
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 16:40
Re: Near Al Menir
As they move along, a line of questioning occurs to Haveron.  Burke was to be their guide, but there was more to their business than just travel.  In his usual melodic voice he asks Burke "If we do happen into a demon, or something supernatural...  How would you defend yourself?  Obviously Feylan would come to your aid, but we may be seeking out something much more powerful.  How would you deal with something more.supernatural?"
Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 49 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 17:16
Re: Near Al Menir
Bechazruhk is at first taken aback, mostly due to the sweet harmonic tone of the leaders voice.  But the dirty hippy quickly recovers.  He chuckles.  ”I'ma just hidin' behin' you Cap'n.”  But its obvious from the mans lack of laughter that he doesn't find it as funny as Burke.

So the druid changes mood and becomes more serious.  ”Feylan aint just a shield boss.  He an' me, we're best friends.  He an' I been through a lot.   We seen some good times an' some bad.  He protects me, an' me him.  I got this.”  Burke pats a beautiful looking axe hanging at his waist.  It looks well crafted and likely Dwarven in origin.  And it gleams in the sunlight with an unusual shine, perhaps silver in color.  ”I'm pretty handy with it.  My paw gave it to me an' showed me how to swing it real good.  And I got this.”  The druid reaches up and over his back to pat the large wooden shield hanging on his back.  ”An' I know a few good prayers.  Handy in a fight.  I'm not saying I can take on a daemon spirit all by myself Cap'n but I can hold my own.”
Narrator
 GM, 7239 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 18:39
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Bechazruhk Burke (msg # 503):

Per rolls all
Berry
 player, 158 posts
 Mage
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 18:43
Re: Near Al Menir

OOC: 14:41, Today: Berry rolled 11 using 3d6.  Per-13 roll.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 319 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 18:56
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron made his roll.
Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 50 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 19:21
Re: Near Al Menir
OOC:
Dice rolls in PM.

Shroud
 player, 58 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 19:22
Re: Near Al Menir
OOC:
Dice rolls in PM.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 186 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 20:36
Re: Near Al Menir
The adept looks up ...
three headed tiger
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:36
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 509):

All of you hear a trio of low coughing roars from atop the cliff!
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 320 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:57
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron will step protectively in front of Burke, with his family sword ready in front of him.  Then he'll try to identify the sounds.

Under his breath, he will also ask Burke "Do you know what that might be?"

OOC Last I read we were at the head of the path.  Not sure when we got to a cliff...?
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 187 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 22:08
Re: Near Al Menir
He has heard a big cat before and draws his sword so he will be able to respond quickly ...
Ryojin
 player, 35 posts
 Martial artist
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 01:01
Re: Near Al Menir
OOC:
Dice rolls in PM.

Gareth
 player, 528 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 05:55
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 512):

Gareth, as usual, creates a fireball when threatened. It has clearly been a long time, and this fireball seems to pack extra...
Berry
 player, 159 posts
 Mage
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 07:16
Re: Near Al Menir
"Kitty! I love kitties! Hello kitty! Do you like elf bread?" Berry gets out some of her elf bread.
Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 51 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 16:19
Re: Near Al Menir
Burke looks up to the cliff at the sound of coughing and sees not one set of eyes looking back, but three.  Then Haveron asks the obvious.  So Burke gives it back.  ”That Cap'n...”, Bechazruhk points up high, ”...is a three headed tiger.  Somethin' unnatural.”

Feylan growls low and rough as the beasts fur stands on end around his neck.  Burke pats him comfortingly and adds, ”Easy there Feylan.  We'll meet 'im soon 'nough.”

This message was last edited by the player at 16:20, Fri 10 Jan.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 321 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:22
Re: Near Al Menir
OOC Is it a cliff overlooking us, meaning we can see it but there is now way down?  Or is the thing potentially going to come visit in the next few minutes?
Narrator
 GM, 7247 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:58
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 517):

Thepath wends between two shallow (6-8 yard) cliffs- much closer to ground than the 10-15 yard cliffs. The triger may know a way down.
Gareth
 player, 529 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 22:15
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 518):

Is it in range of Gartths fireball? Penalties?
Narrator
 GM, 7256 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 21:41
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 519):

-4 range
Gareth
 player, 530 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 00:49
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 520):

Gareth flings his fireball at the creature...
Narrator
 GM, 7259 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 19:34
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 521):

Make another roll for degree of crit! (And roll your 2d as well)
Gareth
 player, 531 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:28
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 522):

OK then...
three headed tiger
 NPC, 2 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 15:01
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 523):

There is a blinding flash of tigh and a trio of howls. The triger, now immolated,  backs away from the cliff edge somewhat shakily.

No FP cost for that!