Near Al Menir.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
three headed tiger
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:36
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 509):

All of you hear a trio of low coughing roars from atop the cliff!
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 320 posts
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:57
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron will step protectively in front of Burke, with his family sword ready in front of him.  Then he'll try to identify the sounds.

Under his breath, he will also ask Burke "Do you know what that might be?"

OOC Last I read we were at the head of the path.  Not sure when we got to a cliff...?
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 187 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 22:08
Re: Near Al Menir
He has heard a big cat before and draws his sword so he will be able to respond quickly ...
Ryojin
 player, 35 posts
 Martial artist
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 01:01
Re: Near Al Menir
OOC:
Dice rolls in PM.

Gareth
 player, 528 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 05:55
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 512):

Gareth, as usual, creates a fireball when threatened. It has clearly been a long time, and this fireball seems to pack extra...
Berry
 player, 159 posts
 Mage
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 07:16
Re: Near Al Menir
"Kitty! I love kitties! Hello kitty! Do you like elf bread?" Berry gets out some of her elf bread.
Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 51 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 16:19
Re: Near Al Menir
Burke looks up to the cliff at the sound of coughing and sees not one set of eyes looking back, but three.  Then Haveron asks the obvious.  So Burke gives it back.  ”That Cap'n...”, Bechazruhk points up high, ”...is a three headed tiger.  Somethin' unnatural.”

Feylan growls low and rough as the beasts fur stands on end around his neck.  Burke pats him comfortingly and adds, ”Easy there Feylan.  We'll meet 'im soon 'nough.”

This message was last edited by the player at 16:20, Fri 10 Jan.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 321 posts
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:22
Re: Near Al Menir
OOC Is it a cliff overlooking us, meaning we can see it but there is now way down?  Or is the thing potentially going to come visit in the next few minutes?
Narrator
 GM, 7247 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:58
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 517):

Thepath wends between two shallow (6-8 yard) cliffs- much closer to ground than the 10-15 yard cliffs. The triger may know a way down.
Gareth
 player, 529 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 22:15
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 518):

Is it in range of Gartths fireball? Penalties?
Narrator
 GM, 7256 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 21:41
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 519):

-4 range
Gareth
 player, 530 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 00:49
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 520):

Gareth flings his fireball at the creature...
Narrator
 GM, 7259 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 19:34
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 521):

Make another roll for degree of crit! (And roll your 2d as well)
Gareth
 player, 531 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 12 Jan 2020
at 20:28
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 522):

OK then...
three headed tiger
 NPC, 2 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 15:01
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 523):

There is a blinding flash of tigh and a trio of howls. The triger, now immolated,  backs away from the cliff edge somewhat shakily.

No FP cost for that!
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 322 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 16:18
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron looks back over his shoulder to make sure Omar is watching over Amelia.  Then, he turns his attention back to the flaming tiger in front of him.  While he had questions about Gareth's morals and view of the world, he definitely appreciated his ability to defend the group.  Inwardly, he sighs.  It was necessary to travel with Gareth in the moment, because he had skills and abilities they needed to be successful.  Whether or not they could work together long term was a different question altogether.  It was something he had given much thought, and would continue to assess as they proceeded on their task.
Gareth
 player, 532 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:38
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to three headed tiger (msg # 524):

Gareth watches and waits to see what should be done next...
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 323 posts
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 21:40
Re: Near Al Menir
After watching the situation for a time, Haveron thoughtfully turns and says only one word.

"Burke...?"

OOC Haveron is ready to move on, but isn't going to do so until it's safe.  It's probably reasonable to assume a cooked triger is not going to be much of a threat.  Then again, it's likely the result of some wizardry too, so the correct assumption isn't quite so easy to decide on.  Haveron will look to Burke (possibly Shroud) to give him the OK before we go.
Berry
 player, 160 posts
 Mage
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 19:50
Re: Near Al Menir
"What the hell!? Why did you fireball the kitty?"
Gareth
 player, 533 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 15 Jan 2020
at 20:39
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 528):

"Sorry, but I am pretty sure he wanted to eat me."
Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 53 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 08:24
Re: Near Al Menir
The dirty hippy watches the three headed tiger with great interest.  Almost certainly its some weird result of magical experimentation but was the end product accidental or intentional?  And how much of the underlying natural animal influences this alien creature?  In other words, how much tiger is in that triger?

Burke is quite curious.  And then without warning the thing bursts into flames.

Next instant the groups leader turns to him to inquire if its safe.  Burke shrugs.  ”I guess so Cap'n.  I aint run 'cross too many trigers.  Didn't look too dead though.  We might 'a just pissed 'im off.  Best be careful as we go.”


OOC:
Burke doesn't openly criticize Gareth but he isn't too happy about the attack.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 324 posts
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 15:19
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron nods in agreement.  "Let's move forward.  But let's be cautious for a while too.  We're obviously in an area where the natural rules may or may not matter.  Be on the look out for the unexpected.  I doubt a triger is the only thing we will see here."

With that, Haveron signals for Burke to take the lead, and follows along right behind him, on alert.
Gareth
 player, 534 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 23:56
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 531):

"Should we not stop and make sure that unnatural thing has properly departed? I know cats are cute and all, but if it were zombified, it would make a great asset. Sure, you dislike undead, but it is not human or even natural, so I am really just changing who it serves, and was not even friendly..."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 325 posts
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 00:11
Re: Near Al Menir
With a sigh, Haveron stops, and turns on his heel to face Gareth.

"We don't know that it's dead.  And we don't know that it even can be zombified.  It may have some sorcery on it from the person or thing that created it.  Heck, it's creator may even be using the beast to watch us.

I can see that you have a fascination with this sort of thing, but I don't think it's the right time or the right place.  We need to keep moving, in my opinion."


With his lips pursed, Haveron turns back to the path, and motions for Burke to continue.

OOC Yup character play.  I know.  ...mumble...mumble....
Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 54 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 01:21
Re: Near Al Menir
Burke stops in his tracks as the fire man suggests turning the three headed tiger into some kind of moving skeleton.  The dirty hippy does some soul searching and decides while unusual he doesn't have any compunction about the matter.

Still something else bothers him.  So he turns to Gareth to resolve it.  ”You talk like it was for sure gonna jump down here an' gobble us all up.  But truth is, we don't know.  We dont know nothin' 'bout it.  Maybe yur right an' maybe yur not.  But I gotta ask.  Is that how you people tackle everything?  Burn it 'fore ya know what it is an' ask questions later?”


OOC:
I thought that's what we were doing, going to check to see if the triger was still alive.