Near Al Menir.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Gareth
 player, 570 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:59
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Omar El Nasib (msg # 634):

Gareth creates some meals from the wood of the trees, and passes it around.
Ryojin
 player, 42 posts
 Martial artist
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 01:34
Re: Near Al Menir
Ryojin would have woken up early to practice and meditates before consuming some food and helping out breaking camp.
Shroud
 player, 62 posts
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 17:12
Re: Near Al Menir
Shroud sits through his watch quietly.  He neither makes a large effort to talk nor does he ignore his companion should the cleric want to talk.  The scout seems indifferent to conversation.



OOC:
Shroud has a dislike for personal hygiene so being a few days from town where he got a bath he's likely beginning to smell a bit ripe, if you get close enough.

Shroud isnt anti social he's just a bit like Spock from Star Treak.  He doesnt talk for the pleasure of it.

Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 67 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 17:25
Re: Near Al Menir
Bechazruhk spends his time pacing back and forth around the camp.  He knows he shouldn't speak, lest he wake his comrades or draw the attention of beasts, but he cannot resist the urge once or twice.  He wanders near Omar, leans in and hisses with irritation.  ”Hear that??!!”  The man replies negatively.  Burke throws up his hands.  ”Exactly!  Not a peep.  I mean, I know these woods is weird.  Wizards house or daemon prison or such, but aint no chirp, squawk nor chitter.”



OOC:
Burke understands that this place is out of the ordinary but as someone who has a deep love of wilderness he's a bit unnerved by the lack of it.

In the morning Burke will spend no less than 30 minutes performing his prayers, chants and rituals which involve cleaning up 'the wild'.  He will tend to broken/damaged plants.  Plant seeds.  Etc.

Regardless of the taste Burke happily eats the food made from trees.

Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 194 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 18:10
Re: Near Al Menir
The Adept waves away the proffered food with thanks but eats what he brought, which appears to be mostly dried meat.
Narrator
 GM, 7441 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 20:27
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Adept Yisslitheniss (msg # 639):

While Ryojin is doing his forms, he espies an odd looking mound at the base of one of the trees.
Ryojin
 player, 44 posts
 Martial artist
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 23:27
Re: Near Al Menir
Once he has finished his forms and balanced his chi for the day he moves over and inspects the mound. Seeing nothing of note he attempts to sit on it.


ooc: Per rolled, failed by 2.
Berry
 player, 168 posts
 Mage
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 02:11
Re: Near Al Menir
Berry takes the proffered food, all to happy to not have to create the food herself.
Gareth
 player, 572 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 09:54
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 642):

Noticing Ryojin looking  at something, Gareth goes to offer him food.

"Have something to eat. What is it?"
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 346 posts
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 16:24
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron walks over to see what's going on after he notices Gareth also approaching Ryojin.
Narrator
 GM, 7456 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 22:57
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 644):

Per rolls at +2
Gareth
 player, 573 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 00:30
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 645):

Another? Last was 4 under...
Berry
 player, 169 posts
 Mage
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 00:41
Re: Near Al Menir
Berry looks over in the direction of the responsible people.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 195 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 02:05
Re: Near Al Menir
The adept notices the gathering building....
Shroud
 player, 63 posts
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 07:29
Re: Near Al Menir

OOC:
Dice rolls in PM

Bechazruhk Burke
 player, 68 posts
 Dirty Hippy
 "Name's Burke"
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 07:30
Re: Near Al Menir

OOC:
Dice rolls in PM

This message was last edited by the player at 07:30, Wed 26 Feb.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 347 posts
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 15:20
Re: Near Al Menir
As Haveron walks up to Gareth and Ryojin, he asks simply "What's going on?"
Ryojin
 player, 45 posts
 Martial artist
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:12
Re: Near Al Menir
Gareth:
In reply to Berry (msg # 642):

Noticing Ryojin looking  at something, Gareth goes to offer him food.

"Have something to eat."


Ryojin looks puzzled as everyone begins to approach him, it reminds him of small animals gathering to try and get some food.

"Thank you, but I must maintain my diet to keep my Chi balanced."

Gareth:
"What is it?"
 


Even more puzzled. He follows his eyes to the mound he is sitting on.

"It is where I sit."
Ryojin
 player, 46 posts
 Martial artist
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 23:14
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron Stormwal:
As Haveron walks up to Gareth and Ryojin, he asks simply "What's going on?"



"Sitting and eating and talking sir Stormwal."


ooc: Ryojin has no idea why everyone is gathering around him lol
Narrator
 GM, 7463 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:30
Re: Near Al Menir
The mound is a pack grown over with moss, and beside it is the shape of a body long gone to earth.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 348 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 17:39
Re: Near Al Menir
"There is a pack under that moss.  Let's see what is in it."
Narrator
 GM, 7469 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 20:14
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 655):

The old treated leather rips as youpull on it, spilling out some rolls of treated leather in slightly better condition. It is stiff and cracking, but not rotted through.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 349 posts
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 21:50
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveeron will hand his sword to Amelia so he can get both hands on the pack.

She buckles under the weight of it and almost drops it.

Looking at Gareth, Haveron suggests "Gareth, we should look at the remains as well.  No, please do not raise the corpse.  But, he probably got stuck here for a long time.  It might give us some clue as we look forward on our mission.  And, you know more about corpses than anyone else here."

OOC Haveron will take extra care to make sure he does not damage the contents of the pack any further, as he digs it out and looks it over.
Narrator
 GM, 7476 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 21:07
Re: Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 657):

The two large leather rolls crack as you unfold them, they are bundles of tools, most rusted or corroded, and in very poor condition. The pack also hasd a since rotted sack of nails, all fused into a lump of rust, and there is a half rotted box with a few rusty caltrops in it.
Also in the pack are several glass vials. Most are empty, but three remain to have contents.

There is also a stoppered ivory scroll case.

The body, which is skeletal,  had a few more rusted implements in bandoliers or sheaths, on bekts accross the chest and in long compartmentalized pouches on either side.
A badly corroded set of brass mounted goggles are strapped to the skull.

Beneath the body are two metal implements that seem in better condition.
One is a crowbar made of a dark bronze material, the other seems to be a minimally rusted steel rod that looks like it could extend, with a hinged mirror at one end and a leather wrapped handle on the other.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:08, Mon 02 Mar.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 350 posts
Mon 2 Mar 2020
at 22:37
Re: Near Al Menir
Haveron very carefully removes all the items from the backpack, setting the vials with liquid and the scroll case aside from the other rotted and rusted implements.

He comments "This seems like a strange assortment of items.  He has nails but no hammer.  But he does have a crow bar for pulling nails?  But why would he then save them?  This makes no sense."