Near Al Menir.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6245 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 26 Apr 2019
at 20:03
Near Al Menir
Carrying on here.
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 217 posts
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 17:21
Near Al Menir
Haveron makes a point of looking around to get a feeling for how the rest of the caravan seems to be handling themselves.  Based on what he was hearing, there was reason for concern.
Gareth
 player, 408 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sat 27 Apr 2019
at 23:43
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 2):

Gareth moves on after his discussion, unsure of what is upsetting some of the folk.
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 42 posts
 Agent about town
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 17:35
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 2):

"I have been telling people that Berry's hound was merely a conjured illusion, but I don't speak the language, and there are already tales about Var's abrupt departure.  The workers don't much trust the lizard priest, but they remember what he had said about our fire mage, because he is so distinctive. We would do well to keep a low profile from this point, and to leave town as quickly as possible. "
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 218 posts
Tue 30 Apr 2019
at 20:33
Near Al Menir
Haveron purses his lips in response to what Amelia tells him, and then pauses for a moment to think.  Then, in response he answers "I should speak with Hasim.  He will know the mood of the caravan guards better than us, and he speaks their language.  Given the recent attack, and the way the events unfolded, we need to smooth over their worry.  Otherwise, we may no longer be welcome."

OOC Can be done on screen or off screen, but Haveron feels that something needs to be done, and he's the man for it.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:33, Tue 30 Apr 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6263 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 May 2019
at 13:04
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 5):

You can try a round of diplomacy.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 19:26, Wed 01 May 2019.

Haveron Stormwal
 player, 219 posts
Wed 1 May 2019
at 15:00
Near Al Menir
Haveron will leave the group and approach Hasim, to try and smooth things over.  He will gesture for Amelia to come with him, as she seems to be more skilled with people than he is.

"Hasim, it seems there has been some unrest among the caravan about some recent events.  Could you tell me what the concerns are, so that I may attempt to address them or allay your reservations?  Amelia here has some good observations that may help with any points of contention that may come up...."
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 43 posts
 Agent about town
Wed 1 May 2019
at 19:32
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 7):

Amelia addresses Hasim"I understand there have been some concerns about the woman who creates illusions of hounds. That is all that they are. Her assistant is a bit dramatic, and has made use of flash grenades  to conceal his departures from conversations he did not want to continue."
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 24 posts
 Caravan guard
Wed 1 May 2019
at 19:33
Near Al Menir
In reply to Amelia Montaigne (msg # 8):

"Ha! I could use some of those myself.There are many conversations I would happily vacate."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 220 posts
Fri 3 May 2019
at 18:33
Near Al Menir
Haveron will continue.

"I do not expect the bandits will bother us again.  Would you please find me if you hear of any concerns among your guards or other caravan members?  I have heard rumors and seen some looks that may indicate disapproval, but I cannot be certain my observations are accurate.  You will know better than I if any of your people have reservations.

Thank you for your time, Hasim."


OOC Not sure if Hasim wants to respond or not, but when he is done Haveron will take his leave and return to the group of adventurers.  Ready to move on unless the Gareth issue decides to boil over (...heh...heh...).
Gareth
 player, 411 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Sun 5 May 2019
at 09:46
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 10):

Gareth has no intention of deliberately inflaming the issue. Of course, of some concern is that he never did...he is just who he is! But he is well and truly ready to move on. What problem??
Hasim ab Quadeer
 NPC, 25 posts
 Caravan guard
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:10
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 10):

"I will certainly listen to my people's concerns."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 221 posts
Sun 5 May 2019
at 20:37
Near Al Menir
Haveron will return to the group after his discussion with Hasim.

"Hasim didn't outline any specific concerns, but Amelia also offered some explanations for the behavior they have seen as well.  I hope that we smoothed over any concerns for now.  I think we should continue on like nothing happened."

OOC Ready to move on with caravaning.  That knucklehead E... Gareth has wasted enough of our time now.  :D

Berry
 player, 116 posts
 Mage
Mon 6 May 2019
at 02:04
Near Al Menir
Berry will let the more silver tongued members of her party handle smoothing ruffled feathers.

OOC: Almost missed the new thread, derp. ;P
Gareth
 player, 412 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Mon 6 May 2019
at 02:19
Near Al Menir
In reply to Berry (msg # 14):

[OOC: That is what Gareths plan is. I am just using his lack of social skills as a very suitable excuse!]
Shroud
 player, 34 posts
Wed 8 May 2019
at 22:18
Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 15):

Your infrequently seen scout makes an appearance.
" No sign of any more archers up ahead, Aldubu thinks they may have retreated."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 222 posts
Thu 9 May 2019
at 00:31
Near Al Menir
Haveron will respond "Excellent!" and then gesture towards the caravan.  "Let's take up our customary positions and wave Hamid onward."
Narrator
 GM, 6297 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 9 May 2019
at 19:51
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 17):

The way ahead is eerily quiet, but you make good time as you ascend further through the pass. At sunset you reach a spot that appears to have been used as a camp in the past, as it has a spring and stone rings of many old campfires. You can see the way down out of the mountains.

To the southwest you can see lights and smoke on the horizon, a narrow path heads up to the north, and disappears over the ridge.
Gareth
 player, 413 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Thu 9 May 2019
at 20:23
Near Al Menir
In reply to Narrator (msg # 18):

"Looks like we dealt with the bandits. I hope. But we will need full watches of course."
Amelia Montaigne
 player, 44 posts
 Agent about town
Thu 9 May 2019
at 23:32
Near Al Menir
Amelia looks at Haveron, and then at the rest of the group.  "I'm going to try and find a game of cards.  One of the cooks told me they were going to have one tonight.  I'll be back for the second watch."
Haveron Stormwal
 player, 223 posts
Thu 9 May 2019
at 23:33
Near Al Menir
Haveron shrugs, and then in a slightly defeated sort of tone states "I guess I'll take the first watch then.  When she gets the itch, there's no stopping her."
Gareth
 player, 414 posts
 Odd Character
 Smokin' Human
Fri 10 May 2019
at 00:55
Near Al Menir
In reply to Haveron Stormwal (msg # 21):

"Third watch then."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 01:35, Fri 10 May 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6306 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 10 May 2019
at 01:12
Near Al Menir
In reply to Gareth (msg # 22):

The caravan makes camp for the night.
Gorgath, Adept Lisstheniss, Berry, Sorsha and Mischa are unaccounted for the watches, and there had best be two... Recommended that a fighter type stays with Gareth, and Sorsha or Berry team up with Haveron or Amelia. Shroud volunteers for third watch.
Adept Yisslitheniss
 player, 139 posts
 Reptileman cleric
Fri 10 May 2019
at 03:01
Near Al Menir
I will be on any that need me...
Berry
 player, 117 posts
 Mage
Sat 11 May 2019
at 03:41
Near Al Menir
Berry will begrudgingly volunteer to get up early with Gareth at third watch.