Balar's Hoard.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Narrator
 GM, 6771 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 20:22
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Aegis (msg # 221):

As one of the prisoners is fading in and out of consciousness, and the other is actively trying not to have his throat cut, they are fairly well behaved. Among the treasures is Balars signature red brigandine and blue cloak.
Melchizidek
 player, 773 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:44
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Narrator (msg # 223):

Melchizedek will take the badly injured prisoner into another room to try to help her.
Reanna Draegan
 player, 397 posts
 Burglar, scout
 Rank 2 Admin badge
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:48
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 224):

Reanna will make sure Balars armour and cloak are removed, and she will try to work out their value, keeping a careful eye on their previous owner.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:20, Sat 07 Sept 2019.

Masugatan
 player, 289 posts
 street thug
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 07:05
Re: Balar's Hoard
Ooc: Do I need to roleplay my trip to the Whistling Wench?  If so, where is the thread?
Dne Utrotare
 player, 170 posts
 Anyone
 down there?
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 07:05
Re: Balar's Hoard
Dne relaxes, but stays alert.
Narrator
 GM, 6779 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:18
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 226):

You arrive at the Wench, and are glared at by Alphonse, who once he realizes you are serious, sends for Kantinflas, who will meet you at the Shady Lady.

The elf is stable, but hovering between 0 and -HT.

Balar is stripped down to gambeson and hose, which are slashed and bloodied.
Melchizidek
 player, 774 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:37
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Narrator (msg # 228):

Melchizadek will once again try to heal her, this time expending energy.
Dalicia Thras
 NPC, 8 posts
 Shadow elf
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:56
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 229):

The woman's eyes flutter.
Melchizidek
 player, 775 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 08:15
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Dalicia Thras (msg # 230):

Melchizadik tries to see if she is feeling better now, though the fluttering eyes distracted him at first. He will rest a little as he waits to see the result...

This message was last edited by the player at 11:34, Mon 09 Sept 2019.

Dalicia Thras
 NPC, 9 posts
 Shadow elf
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 00:16
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 231):

The elvish woman had received a major wound, and may yake weeks to filly recover. She is at 1 hp and consciousness now.
Melchizidek
 player, 776 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 10:24
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Dalicia Thras (msg # 232):

"So, my dear, you are feeling a little better?"

He tries to gauge what she is thinking...
Dalicia Thras
 NPC, 10 posts
 Shadow elf
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 19:47
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 233):

"Where am I?"
Melchizidek
 player, 777 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 20:26
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Dalicia Thras (msg # 234):

"At an inn in town. Some of the guys wanted to leave you for dead, but it just would not have been right. They still want to 'sell' you to the bounty hunters, but I am not so sure. Why were you with Balar?"
Dalicia Thras
 NPC, 11 posts
 Shadow elf
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 01:44
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 235):

"Is he here? We are... close."

She sits up, then tries to brace herself as if hit by a fit of dizziness.

Downstairs, there is the sound of Masugatan entering with several someones.
Dne Utrotare
 player, 171 posts
 Anyone
 down there?
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 09:22
Re: Balar's Hoard
“Close?  I’ll bet,” Dne snorts.
Melchizidek
 player, 778 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 09:56
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Dne Utrotare (msg # 237):

Melchizadek goes to make sure the door is still closed and that they have some privacy.

"He is not far, but obviously not in this room. Was he in the habit of sleeping with all his brigands? Is that how he ensured your loyalty?"
Kantinflas
 NPC, 1 post
 Valdassyan merchant
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 17:11
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 238):

Masugatan returns, with a Valdassyan merchant, several guards and a bunch of laborers.
Reanna Draegan
 player, 398 posts
 Burglar, scout
 Rank 2 Admin badge
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 20:07
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Kantinflas (msg # 239):

Reanna meets him outside.

"You are a merchant, a member of the merchants guild, right?"

She holds out the wanted poster of Balar.

"Would you honour this?"
Kantinflas
 NPC, 2 posts
 Valdassyan merchant
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 20:09
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Reanna Draegan (msg # 240):

"If you have proof of his death or capture, and his accomplices as well, yes. Let us not conduct our business in the street."
Reanna Draegan
 player, 399 posts
 Burglar, scout
 Rank 2 Admin badge
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 21:54
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Kantinflas (msg # 241):

"Very well. You have my word you are safe here. You may come in, but we are not so keen to have your small army until we have made all the necessary arrangements."
Masugatan
 player, 290 posts
 street thug
Sat 14 Sep 2019
at 22:25
Re: Balar's Hoard
“That’s where I do my business best,” Masugatan quips with a smile.  He is in a good mood, which is all too rare for him.

Maybe he’s pleased to be back in his natural urban habitat.
Kantinflas
 NPC, 3 posts
 Valdassyan merchant
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 15:16
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 243):

"I am carrying a certain amount of wealth on my person, and therefore I will not relinquish my guard. The porters can wait in the common room of the inn." He tosses a small pouch of copper to the the inkeeper. "Some light refreshments."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:00, Mon 16 Sept 2019.

Reanna Draegan
 player, 400 posts
 Burglar, scout
 Rank 2 Admin badge
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 20:32
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Kantinflas (msg # 244):

"I understand your concern for security. We have similar concerns, so we do not proceed unless you relinquish some of your guards at least. We are not about to be taken hostages so easily."
Sharrylla the Shady Lady
 NPC, 1 post
 Shadow elf
 Innkeeper
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 16:07
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Reanna Draegan (msg # 245):

"How about a compromise: all of both of your people (except one each) check your weapons with me. Will that work?"
Reanna Draegan
 player, 401 posts
 Burglar, scout
 Rank 2 Admin badge
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 20:31
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Sharrylla the Shady Lady (msg # 246):

"So everyone here checks their weapons in before going in? Can you except that?"

[OOC: Melchizadek and Aegis are not here, as I understand.]