Balar's Hoard.   Posted by Narrator.Group: 0
Melchizidek
 player, 763 posts
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 23:01
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Narrator (msg # 197):

No, it is more of a peripheral thing, undead and not nice and he wants to take some simple steps to avoid having more of them around than is needed...plus a decent burial for innocent folk is a good thing to do.
Narrator
 GM, 6736 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 15:27
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 198):

Melchizedek is able to enter the pit without vomiting, but cannot find any identifying markers, as search is per-5
Melchizidek
 player, 764 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 20:48
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Narrator (msg # 199):

He will regardless get the non-bandit bodies out for a proper burial.
Dne Utrotare
 player, 168 posts
 Anyone
 down there?
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 06:00
Re: Balar's Hoard
Dne digs around in the dirt with a stick.
Melchizidek
 player, 765 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 11:08
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Dne Utrotare (msg # 201):

Revision of original purchases.

quote:
Equipped Mule: BL 65 lbs, Dodge 8, weight 800 lbs, Speed 5.5, Ground move 8, SM +1

Rations x 50, 25 lbs
Blanket x 5: 20 lbs

$200, 45 lbs, or $40 each

Bought and shared by all
Mule deposit: $200
Mule, 1 week, $140
Legionary Tent: $225, 45 lbs, LTp32
Group Basics: $50, 20 lbs
Brazier: $80, 4 lbs
Flint: $2, 0.2 lbs

6 Gallon waterproof barrel x2: $124 each, $248, 12 lbs, 48 lbs of water if full, 120 lbs

Gear: $945, 234.2 lbs

Total available: $1205, needed $1145, so Melchizadek will lower his contribution to $505, holding some in reserve if needed, for things like mule equipment if needed. If it is used, he naturally expects to be compensated for it.

Melchizadek: Payed $505, gets an extra $505 on top of his share as repayment.
Aegis: Payed $140 plus provided his own rations and blanket, worth $40, so gets an extra $180 on top of his share as repayment
Masugatan: Payed $200, so gets an extra $200 on top of his share as repayment
Darius: Payed $300, so gets an extra $300 on top of his share as repayment
Dne and Reanna both receive only their share.]


Not sure if we have a shovel, but if anyone does, can we fast forward to getting into town?
Narrator
 GM, 6741 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 17:14
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 202):

There were several among the camp supplies.

Burial accomplishes, and potential undead incursion thwarted, you head into town with the heavily laden green overmuscled mule, Balar and the shadow elf  on a pair of travois (made of tent poles, possibly being dragged from one end each by Masugatan and Aegis, and a sack of hands and surcoats, and make it back through the Merchant's gate into Northport.
Masugatan
 player, 286 posts
 street thug
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 07:23
Re: Balar's Hoard
“Home sweet hell.”
Melchizidek
 player, 766 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 07:49
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 204):

"Indeed. Now to discuss matters with the prisoners. Let us head first to an inn where we can put the prisoners in separate rooms. I will look after the elf, she seems most injured. Reanna, as one skilled with escape, why don't you take the others and Balar, and send someone to bring his friend to us so you can discuss payment of the bounty, and open the chest at the same time."
Reanna Draegan
 player, 395 posts
 Burglar, scout
 Rank 2 Admin badge
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 07:50
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 205):

Not overly excited at the idea, Reanna agrees. Once they find a place with rooms.
Aegis
 player, 248 posts
 Veteran Mercenary
 Master-at-Arms
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 16:34
Re: Balar's Hoard
Aegis smiles in a sort of creepy way.  Perhaps the issus is that he musters a bit of enthusiasm for the task, should it materialize.  "Y'wan I shud cut on em sum?  Getum talkin'?"
Melchizidek
 player, 767 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:02
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Aegis (msg # 207):

"This one is barely conscious. I am not convinced that it would help. And Balar has promised information if we hand him to his friends...I leave it to you to keep him honest."
Narrator
 GM, 6747 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:59
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 208):

Where are you booking rooms? In the Merchant's district, the Artisinal district, or up in redlight, near your own guild?
Melchizidek
 player, 768 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 07:29
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Narrator (msg # 209):

Redlight sounds a bit more dodgy, where we can do what needs to be done.
Dne Utrotare
 player, 169 posts
 Anyone
 down there?
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 08:01
Re: Balar's Hoard
“I don’t like this.  An inn is no place to hold prisoners.”
Melchizidek
 player, 769 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 08:23
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Dne Utrotare (msg # 211):

"We are being nice, remember. Where would you prefer?"
Narrator
 GM, 6754 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 17:50
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 210):

You have the upper rooms of The Inn known as the Shady Lady, run by a shadow elf, and so revered for privacy, it has three entrances, one in an alley, another inside a livery stable.

Who is running over to the Whistling Wench?
Melchizidek
 player, 770 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 20:28
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Narrator (msg # 213):

Why is someone going there at this time? Have they already talked and told us about where to sell stuff and how to open the chests?
Masugatan
 player, 287 posts
 street thug
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 00:34
Re: Balar's Hoard
While his companions deliberate, Masugatan keeps a close eye on the prisoners.  He doesn’t trust Balar!
Narrator
 GM, 6757 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 01:49
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Melchizidek (msg # 214):

Not to drag things, but it was agreed to whom he was to be delivered, and that person had to be sent for, and even then Balar could get his throat cut if he didn't give up the secret of the chest, literally the last thing keeping him alive
Reanna Draegan
 player, 396 posts
 Burglar, scout
 Rank 2 Admin badge
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 10:19
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Narrator (msg # 216):

Ah, yes. That was Reanna's plan. Lets go with that unless someone else objects. If no-one objects, perhaps send Masugatan to bring the person to pay his ransom, while Reanna and the others put the chest in a room with Balar, waiting for him to reveal the way to open it and the best person to sell the goods to.
Melchizidek
 player, 771 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 10:21
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Reanna Draegan (msg # 217):

While Melchizadek takes the other female bandit to play good cop help her recover, and find out what he can from her. Separately. But recovery will be needed first. Away from the cutthroats, in an inner room, so if she does try to do a runner, she has to go past every one else as well.
Masugatan
 player, 288 posts
 street thug
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 06:14
Re: Balar's Hoard
Masugatan will run out to fetch the individual in question.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:15, Fri 06 Sept 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6768 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 14:33
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Masugatan (msg # 219):

Masugatan heads back to the Whistling Wench to find Balar's cousin Alphonse, to ask for Kantinflas.


Meawhile there us an edit to some of the hoard; I was justifying it to match missing goods reported missing from a spice merchant, see p4 of this thread, messafe 89
Aegis
 player, 249 posts
 Veteran Mercenary
 Master-at-Arms
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 17:29
Re: Balar's Hoard
Aegis sticks around to watch the prisoners.  Anyone who gets out of line gets cut.  In his eyes it's as simple as that.
Melchizidek
 player, 772 posts
 Priest of Helios
 Son of the sun
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 20:13
Re: Balar's Hoard
In reply to Aegis (msg # 221):

What is the status of the female prisoner?