The Dismal Tower again.   Posted by Ecrivain.Group: 0
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1753 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 23 Aug 2019
at 17:13
Re: The Dismal Tower again
OOC:  We'd need a suitable distraction (and yes, I'd say a streaking Jocelyn would be waaaaaaaay more than suitable ;) ) Jareth might be able to pull of the Smuggling roll, he's got a 12.  But...

Does Jareth know if any of the Sages feel as strongly about stopping the spread of demons as he does*, or are they all of the "We Ivory Tower Intellectuals are immune to the temptations of demons... let me just read that..." type?


* Not that he actually cares about this... but Cultist busting and demon stopping has sort of become the Juniors remit.  And he does kinda, almost, sort of care about his responsibilities.

Narrator
 GM, 6690 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 02:22
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 88):

Jareth suspects the latter sentiment of superiority mingled with curiosity to be the general mein of the sages, although there are a few that would walk into fires to save even books they disliked.  A little Sleight of Hand might do for confounding Escrivain, who is not quite that perceptive... a book   (or stack of the same) falling off of a table perhaps pushed by a ferret might serve to distract him from his count of how many books you have. a fat silver coin might do as well.
Narrator
 GM, 6725 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 16:02
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Narrator (msg # 89):

What shall it be, Juniors are waiting
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 430 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 16:29
Re: The Dismal Tower again
Jocelyn walks in front oh Jareth and stops stops in the front entry in front of Eecrivan and pulls her robes up to her expose her knee and a few inches of thigh, slapping at an imaginary bug or two, before dropping them Damn no see'ums!
Ecrivain
 NPC, 14 posts
 Scribe of the
 Dismal Tower
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:47
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 91):

The scribe does a doubletake and asks
"Have you ever read the poetry of Donne?"
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 431 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:51
Re: The Dismal Tower again
Oh some long ago, she says as she straightens things up again. Hold up Jareth, I had to smack a bug.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1758 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Sat 31 Aug 2019
at 02:20
Re: The Dismal Tower again
Jareth slips the book 'out of sight' and whispers to Akimbo, "Need t'e distraction little buddy, no arguin, extra treats when we're back home."

"mutter mutter"

"I dunno, knock over pile of books few stacks away in moment, t'en meet us outside."


He let's the ferret slip away before hauling the stack of books over to Ecrivain.



OOC:  Sigh.
22:15, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 14 using 3d6.  Holdout 12.  Sneaking the Long Spoon out.

Using Holdout because Holdout is for hiding things on yourself, Smuggling is for hiding things on your vehicle.  Also, they are literally both at a 12 for Jareth.

Ecrivain
 NPC, 15 posts
 Scribe of the
 Dismal Tower
Sun 1 Sep 2019
at 20:20
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 94):

As the books fall, the scribe runs past to re-stack them.
"Jareth, did you let that weasel of your loose in here again?"
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1761 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 22:59
Re: The Dismal Tower again
Jareth puts his fingers to his temple, "Don't sense him in t'e immediate vicinity..."

Jareth motions to Jocelyn to sneak out while the sneakin is good (and follows).
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 432 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 00:28
Re: The Dismal Tower again
She slips out the door and holds it for Jareth.
Narrator
 GM, 6744 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 19:19
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 97):

A moment later the ferret squeezes through behind you.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1762 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 23:02
Re: The Dismal Tower again
"We need swing by t'e Guild an check on t'e Drakes, an t'en let t'e Hadereum take care of this," he pats the obvious lump of book under his robes, "an t'en home."




OOC:  I am completely more than happy to just handwave the next bit, make a few rolls, and get back to the others.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 433 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 00:11
Re: The Dismal Tower again
Mai Oui!
Narrator
 GM, 6751 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 16:24
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 99):

Make a quick stop at temple hill with the book. something is brewing with that.

Benito is installing locks on his residence (normal cost of living for him to get it conditioned and liveable, $50 per lock otherwise) and storing building supplies in the empty house beside his.  Some local laborers are peering about, looking for work.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1763 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 02:53
Re: The Dismal Tower again
OOC:  If the Hadereum is up on temple hill, then yeah that's where we're going.  Otherwise, I'm not sure why we'd think to go there?

Also we need to swing by the Guild House, either on the way there or back, whichever is faster.

Narrator
 GM, 6777 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:01
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 102):

The tower is halfway between. Temple Hill is the current  Hadereum thread.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1766 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Tue 10 Sep 2019
at 00:28
Re: The Dismal Tower again
Narrator:
Temple Hill is the current  Hadereum thread.

Understood.

Benito Drake
 player, 61 posts
 Respectable shopkeeper
 Can I help you?
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 23:14
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Narrator (msg # 101):

Once Benito has everything secured, he is happy to employ the labourers for starting work on the rest of the building, assuming costs can be covered by someone. Normal locks are just fine.
Christine Bjorn
 player, 1756 posts
 Blue Haired Elf
 Not from Wastrels Hope.
Thu 16 Jan 2020
at 11:11
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Benito Drake (msg # 105):

Christine will talk to Jednessa and see if hr friend is willing to wait while she goes and does some investigations.

She will then approach the mage tower to make some enquiries.
Jednesa
 player, 395 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:12/13
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 16:55
Re: The Dismal Tower again
Christine Bjorn:
Christine will talk to Jednessa and see if hr friend is willing to wait while she goes and does some investigations.

Jednesa will wait wherever Jednesa needs to wait.  She's pretty happy, it was a good fight at the end, almost challenging, she looks forward to more fights like it.

(Not sure where Jednesa is waiting, if she was allowed into to town this time, or still barred entry following the "noodle shop incident")
Camilla
 player, 86 posts
 Guild Broker
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 02:22
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 107):

"Jednesa! Down here! I have sent for a cart of meat pies and ale while you wait for Marie to come back"
Quinzel
 NPC, 8 posts
 Goblin goodwife
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 02:25
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Camilla (msg # 108):

A goblin woman with a pushcart full of pies peers up at the ogress.
"My she is almost as big as 'Elga! Don't think she is as peacable though."
Ecrivain
 NPC, 16 posts
 Scribe of the
 Dismal Tower
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 02:27
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Christine Bjorn (msg # 106):

"Welcome to the Dismal Tower. What kind of sage do you need to...Marie?"
Jednesa
 player, 396 posts
 Naked Barbarian Ogress
 HP:29/36 FP:12/13
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:19
Re: The Dismal Tower again
"Camilla!  Thank you.  Jednesa wait by cart for Christine."

She plunks down next to the cart.

"Do not worry little pie maker.  You speak, Jednesa not eat what speak.  It is rule."
Quinzel
 NPC, 9 posts
 Goblin goodwife
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:46
Re: The Dismal Tower again
In reply to Jednesa (msg # 111):

"I am glad I spoke up then. You do know your naked but for that strap...?"