Living near the street collapse.   Posted by 'Elga the henormous.Group: 0
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 944 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:06
Re: Living near the street collapse
Mario returns his own and the house funds to their places and follows Jareth.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 443 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 02:28
Re: Living near the street collapse
Likewise Jocelyn follows Jareth.
Ymid
 NPC, 62 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 01:38
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Jocelyn Lemru (msg # 193):

The ocular alien sits crosslegged on its skiff, the dents smoothed, and hovering about an inch off of the ground. It looks up from its tablet, which has several blinking lights.

"An extradimensional entity is being conjured, not far from where a greater summoning and ectoplasmic  enrobement of a servitor creature occurred, along with actualization of some temporally displaced summonings... most of those were infernal, this one is from a proximate parallell, and is worth observing... not a newcomer. Am intrigued."
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 945 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 10:12
Re: Living near the street collapse
Mario blinks.

"Could you try that again in Aralaise?  My Shevnian isn't that good."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 468 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Mon 11 Nov 2019
at 22:18
Re: Living near the street collapse
Nodwin, also present with the group, reflexively makes a sign to Vejovis, although he stays silent and pays attention to the conversation.  He didn't understand one bit of what the...thing...just said, so he also needed an explanation.
Ymid
 NPC, 63 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 01:38
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 196):

The creature pauses, and retransmits, this time with visuals that cause everyone to make a fright check at -4, -6 if this is your first time experiencing unwanted telepathy

"An extradimensional entity is being conjured"
Image of a circle of distorted monstrosities that may be humans as seen by something warped, surrounding a detailed summonning circle with a flaming tentacled thing bubbling in through a wall
not far from an area where a greater summoning and ectoplasmic enrobement of a servitor creature occurred"
Image of an even more loathy circle of more monstrosities, along with several abstract  runic entities marked out in  greenish black, that are flaming, and form a spiral around  a set of mathematical notations, that then shed their substance to make the mathematical looking thing get surrounded by fog and a glowing outline. Various of the obscene creatures appear to kill eachother, only feeding the central thing more, until one throws something at it, and it derezzes.
"along with the actualization of some temporarlly displaced summonings, mostly infernal"
There are a handful of those black runes wrapped in flames, that seem folded in on themselves, and surrounded by smaller characters in blueish green, that uncoil from around the flaming black runes, allowing them to unfurl and move about, as though they had been bound by the blue green writing.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1803 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 02:01
Re: Living near the street collapse
"Sound like an angelic is bei.." he stops as Ymid retransmits with images.  He pulls out his flask, drinks, and hands it over to Jocelyn.

"Yup, 'proximate parallel', sounds angelic."





OOC:  20:57, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 9 using 3d6.  Will 13 vs Fright Check (Will 15 - 4 + 2 Xenophilia).

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 03:56, Wed 13 Nov.

Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 444 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 03:35
Re: Living near the street collapse
Jocelyn is not so sanguine and has issues ... the  drink seems to help some.


IQ/Will 13
20:32, Today: Jocelyn Lemru rolled 11 using 3d6.  Fright Check. so off by 2
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 947 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 10:10
Re: Living near the street collapse
Mario screams and runs out into the street, and continues running and screaming until he's out of sight (or breath).

OOC: should make a mile or a little more in that time, where do I wind up, boss?  Near the Brothers' orphanage, or somewhere random?
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 469 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 18:42
Re: Living near the street collapse
Nodwin's eyes go glassy for a few seconds while he mentally follows along with what the unworldly creature projected into his brain.  Remarkably, the symbols and images he saw in his mind were strangely familiar.  When Vejovis first touched him, back when he was searching for a purpose, the feeling was much the same.  While the sensation was far more alien than what he experienced with Vejovis, the creature's method of communication was strangely comforting in an odd sort of way.  Vejovis had come to him using images like this.

That was where the similarity stopped.  The content of these images was far different than what Vejovis had communicated to him.  He had seen fire, and volcanic rock, and the way it cleansed the earth in preparation for new soil and growth.  His abilities with humans were an extension of the way Vejovis renewed the earth.  The only difference was that Vejovis moved in terms of millenia, and not at human speed, so his view of things was far longer than even the longest lifespans.

What this creature was sending...  Well, none of the pictures made much sense.  in Nodwin's perception, it seemed like there was some sort of dreamlike state superimposed over the top of the content.  The images looked to him like they were being seen through a fog, perhaps self-imagined or completed so he could make even some sense of what he was being told.  It was so different and disturbing that it was hard to digest, even in this sort of surreal state he was in.

Somehow, Nodwin was able to follow along with what the creature was showing him.  Perhaps it was because Vejovis had broadened his mind with his touch.  Perhaps it was due to the recent experience they had with the summoning circle and the demon.  Perhaps it was something deep within Nodwin himself, some accident of birth, or perhaps some unknown heritage he had inherited from his family without knowing.  He didn't know.

All Nodwin knew was that he understood what the creature was trying to show him, or he at least thought he did.  Coming back to himself, he notes Jareth drinking with Jocelyn, and he notes that Mario is bolting for the door, presumably overcome with what he was now seeing.  He was not surprised to see this at all.

Instead Nodwin steps directly in front of the creature, not in a threatening way, and ignites the fire on his staff.

"I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to tell me.  Based on the images, I believe they are using eldritch or perhaps essential fire to power the runes, which bind the creatures to the summoning circle.  As you can see, Vejovis has not granted me the same abilities, we have not progressed that far in my religious training.  Most of what you are showing me is beyond my experience or education.  But I know it it must be stopped.  How do we do that?"
Narrator
 GM, 7012 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 20:02
Re: Living near the street collapse
Mario finds himself in a square in the Artisinal district, between the stalls of a leatherworker and a knife sharpener. Goblins are staring, including the lady from the pie shop he had helped.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 948 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 23:54
Re: Living near the street collapse
Mario looks around, sweating as he stands with hands on knees to catch his breath.

When he can, he stands up straight and speaks.  "I'm sorry if I caused a scene.  I may have been under a spell."  He looks around again to orient himself and smiles at the pie seller.

"Are your pies still two bits?"
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 471 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 19:25
Re: Living near the street collapse
Some of the information Nodwin saw was very important.  He will make a point of trying to remember the information, and will even write it down somewhere if he can find the means to do so.
Raquizell
 NPC, 1 post
 Goblin Matriarch
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 17:13
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 203):
 The goblin matron, looking a little concerned lifts a fresh looking pie.
"That they are. You look a fright. Bad day?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:17, Fri 15 Nov.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1806 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 20:07
Re: Living near the street collapse
"Nodwin, imagine t'e first step be kenning where it be, ya?  An since Ymid here don do t'e cardinal directions well an will need to lead... step one should be preppin for t'e walk downstairs."

"Mel?  You're t'e fastest an best at findin, can ye pop out an drag Mario back while we make sure everythin locked up here?"

Mario Crowfoot
 player, 951 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 23:40
Re: Living near the street collapse
"You could say that, but nothing a good snack won't correct."  Mario digs up a couple bits and trades them for the pie.  Once he has it in hand, he looks around for the nearest fountain.
Benito Drake
 player, 57 posts
 Respectable shopkeeper
 Can I help you?
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 08:50
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 207):

Benito is taken aback as he exits, but maintains his self control. Just...

"What the hell? Is some magic in my head?"
Narrator
 GM, 7025 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 16:07
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Benito Drake (msg # 208):

The FC was a little worse than that. You are stunned for a few seconds.

Mario finds a fountain.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1807 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 18:33
Re: Living near the street collapse
Narrator:
The FC was a little worse than that. You are stunned for a few seconds.

OOC:  Can we get a quick head count of who all had serious FC results, those more debilitating than a second or two of stunning (aside from Mario)?  Not everyone has checked in, so I'm not sure who all we have with us.

And... where exactly are we?  You say the Ymid has his skiff, did he drag it up into Jareth's room?

Narrator
 GM, 7026 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 21:05
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 210):

The skiff is up in Jareth's room ( above the pawnshop), along with the yrgo.

So far Nodwin is good, Jareth, Jocelyn,  and Benito are reasonably  ok, Brodak and Mellarill are out of range, Mario ran away, C and arlene threw up, and Clarence needs to roll.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 954 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 23:42
Re: Living near the street collapse
Mario alternates between taking bites from the pie, and drinking from the fountain, until the pie is consumed.

He then starts walking back toward his new home.  This will take a little longer than getting here did...
Clarence Montague
 player, 255 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 00:17
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 212):

Clarence was busy in his own world and was clearly not ready for this.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 472 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 18:54
Re: Living near the street collapse
OOC Nodwin is waiting on the Ymid to respond to his question, and will take a minute off screen when time permits to record as much of what he saw as he can remember.
Ymid
 NPC, 64 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 19:17
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 214):

"The majority of these things are closed loops, between extingushment of mortal manifestation and conjuration... except for the most recent summoning... the environs of the larger scale activity are inhabited by numbers of those affiliated with a power. Many of those are moving between two locations, below ground, and at another site, also not far from an area with much past infernal activity... and while I slept, there was a further incursion, brief as it was."


Clarence is faintly nauseous, and may have dampened his hose.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 473 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 19:24
Re: Living near the street collapse
Nodwin nods at the ymid.  Having noticed the rest of his group and the ill effects of his communication, he responds "Our human consciousness is not well suited to the very difficult pictures you have used for communication.  I believe most of my group has taken ill from the content.  Perhaps you could be a bit more gentle the next time?

Once everyone recovers, I would ask that you point us in the right direction so we can attend to this invasion of evil.  If you could assist us with the list that Jareth has, in addition, we would be better equipped to handle the incursion.

Would you be willing to help us, so we can help you?"