Living near the street collapse.   Posted by 'Elga the henormous.Group: 0
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1833 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 18:03
Re: Living near the street collapse
Narrator:
Quick head count on who is going
Ymid
Mario
Jareth
Charlene
Clarence
Jocelyn
Nodwin
Mellarill?
Brodak?

[OOC]
"INDIGNANT SQUEAK!"

"No, t'e GM ain't ignorin ya, ya considered 'part an parcel' a me.  Ya fy 'bonded creature', since I paid points for ya."

"mutter chitter-chitter-chitter mutter"

"No, I ain't your 'Ally'-" "annoyed mutter" "Look, that's just how it is.  Ya see spoder over t'ere makin t'e fuss about being Clarence's Ally?"

"mutter mutter mutter"

"No, t'ey ain't no difference.  An no, I figure spoder might be more intelligent, leastways certainly less lazy."

"HRRRMPH chitter-chitter mutter chitter"

"Oh really?  An what if never take 'em off?  What t'en o'shitter in boots?"

"indistinct chitter"

"Really?  T'e pocket what ya sleep in?"

"grumpy mutters"

"Yah yah, I keep an eye open for when ya think of somethin t'en."
[OOC]
Narrator
 GM, 7198 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 20:49
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 279):

While the ferret and Crotchsniffer may travel openly, Lefty may cause undue attention... and with the Ymid along, that is the last thing you need.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 969 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 00:36
Re: Living near the street collapse
OOC: have we heard from Mellarill recently?
Clarence Montague
 player, 260 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 04:33
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 281):

Was left the name given to the spider?
Narrator
 GM, 7203 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 13:14
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Clarence Montague (msg # 282):

He had a long name like "one who doesn't dance well" and you called him Lefty as short for 5 left feet.

I will message Mellarill and Brodak
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 970 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 23:57
Re: Living near the street collapse
OOC: Brodak's just a few messages up.
Mellarill
 player, 182 posts
 Wood Elf Archer
 murderous and autistic
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 00:32
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Mario Crowfoot (msg # 284):

OK, I have Mellarill back under my control ... she and crotch sniffer were given to someone else to play, not sure they ever posted a message. But they are here now, You can bet your skanky ass on that, Beef Buggerer.
Narrator
 GM, 7212 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 14:47
Re: Living near the street collapse
Collectively, excepting Lefty*, you head a few blocks northward, past the Wastrel's Hope. Along the way you hear some shouting to the east, but that is overshadowed by a small explosion.

It sounds familiar to most of you (IQ+2 to recognize)

*This would be too much:
https://drive.google.com/file/...WI/view?usp=drivesdk
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 488 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 16:46
Re: Living near the street collapse
Nodwin recognizes the sound, although he is far too anxious about having the Ymid in public sight to really pay close attention to it.  He's much more concerned with getting to their destination so the Hadereum doesn't get involved with the...alien...?
Narrator
 GM, 7214 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 17:55
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 287):

Damnit! That sounded like a doomchild!
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1835 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 18:33
Re: Living near the street collapse
OOC:  Waiting to find out what it is before reacting.

13:31, Today: Jareth Mooncalled rolled 6 using 3d6.  Recognizing sound, IQ 17 roll (IQ 15 + 2).

Narrator
 GM, 7218 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 20:37
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 289):

Indeed- someone has detonated one of those demonic brats that stabbed Mario, and just up the block, probably in that abandoned tavern with sm9ke blowing out of it!
Clarence Montague
 player, 261 posts
 Torchbearer
 Spiderboy
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 21:36
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Narrator (msg # 286):

Do we really want to leave lefty behind? What would he do? Hunt rats in the basement?

It is a nice picture though, but I am not sure Clarence would use an umbrella...

This message was last edited by the player at 21:37, Fri 03 Jan.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1836 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 21:49
Re: Living near the street collapse
Clarence Montague:
Do we really want to leave lefty behind? What would he do? Hunt rats in the basement?

It is a nice picture though, but I am not sure Clarence would use an umbrella...

He could hang on to your back like a framepack, and we could tusk some cloth around to disguise Lefty as a backpack...  of if you can train him to walk on 4 legs, we could get him a dog costume to wear...

Or you could save points and eventually level him up to have Summonable as a Familiar so he can port in and out.  Unless he literally 'just' an Ally, in which case, I recommend magic, clever disguises, or leaving him to guard your rooms.

And this is why you should never buy a Familiar/Pet Ally bigger than your head.



[EDIT]
And nice reference to "I Smell A Rat"... and the trope in general.
[/EDIT]

This message was last edited by the player at 22:48, Fri 03 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 94 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:23
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Narrator (msg # 290):

Do the "New in Town" guys see this too? And hear the explosion?

This message was last updated by the player at 23:23, Fri 03 Jan.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1837 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 22:50
Re: Living near the street collapse
"Sound like Boombrat got poked.  Must be not'er nest of cultists."
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 489 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:21
Re: Living near the street collapse
Nodwin pauses.  His gaze darts around a bit furtively, before he whispers to Jareth and anyone immediately there "Should we investigate you think?"

OOC Nodwin would if not for the presence of the Ymid.  That...complicates things considerably.
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 445 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:37
Re: Living near the street collapse
Someone might need aid ... and we can be useful then. Ymid especially. Brodak, how about moving up to the front in case we find trouble you can level for us.
Mario Crowfoot
 player, 971 posts
 An orphan who grew up
 with bow in hand
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 23:54
Re: Living near the street collapse
"I'll follow just behind Brodak.  I've got a score to settle with those things."  He reaches down and pats the quiver with the single plain arrow in it.
Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1838 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 01:32
Re: Living near the street collapse
"Ymid, what's t'e general direction we need go to find t'e summonin?  Just point."


If it's in the same general direction, Jareth will indicate Brodak and Mario to head towards the BOOM and fall in behind them, if not he'll give Nodwin a look of "It's your call".
Ymid
 NPC, 79 posts
 Mysterious sorcerer
 With one huge eye for a h
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 01:36
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Jareth Mooncalled (msg # 298):

The creature checks its device.

"It would appear to be related."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:38, Mon 06 Jan.

Jareth Mooncalled
 player, 1839 posts
 Dirty High Elf Sage
 HP: 9/9 FP: 10/10
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 03:43
Re: Living near the street collapse
Jareth nods his affirmative to Nodwin and gestures for Brodak and Mario to take "point".
Jocelyn Lemru
 player, 446 posts
 Sorceress
 hot and hotheaded
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 04:18
Re: Living near the street collapse
She follows behind Brodak and guides him as necessary to the building.
Nodwin Zideqick
 player, 490 posts
 Initiate of Vejovis
 FP:7/13 HP:10/10
Sun 5 Jan 2020
at 15:11
Re: Living near the street collapse
Nodwin falls in behind Mario with his staff ready, in case they were to run into any trouble.
Narrator
 GM, 7232 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 13:39
Re: Living near the street collapse
In reply to Nodwin Zideqick (msg # 302):

Post in Hunting for a Specialty shop

link to a message in this game