New in Town.   Posted by Aemon McCain.Group: 0
Rosewood
 player, 35 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 10:20
New in Town
My I suggest Rosewood scouts ahead and find a safe place for the group to watch the place first.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 114 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 10:46
New in Town
Excellent Idea.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 20 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 14:41
New in Town
Marcus gestures to the door and mutters,"Lead on little one."
Narrator
 GM, 6946 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 20:54
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 247):

You make your way several blocks into the maze of alleyways and espy the painted sign of a crowned blood drop beside the stairs leading into the rathskellar that Rosewood followed the purists to. The area looks relatively clean, although there are some broadsheets tacked about that look like they were made from a woodblock print.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 21 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 01:27
New in Town
Marcus whispers to Rosewood"How many did you see go in...9,10, a score?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 115 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 01:34
New in Town
Curious, Leroy reads one of the postings..
Rosewood
 player, 36 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 09:25
New in Town
Rosewood suggests.

With the group here I can turn invisible for a while and try to see how many in there.
But first what we going to do?  What the plan?  What is our aim?

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 22 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 15:45
New in Town
Marcus looking at others and then back at Rosewood and says,"Perhaps you should spy some more to get an idea if their motivation for these attacks.  It maybe that it is as it appears...then again it may not.  I would hate to start a conflict without knowing the truth nature of it."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Wed 30 Oct.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 116 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 15:48
New in Town
"I Agree. Good idea"
Leroy nods.
Narrator
 GM, 6969 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:17
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 250):


When Rosewood came through earlier, there looked to be about half a dozen of the rough looking fellows, including the injured one, plus the blond woman.

The broadsheet seems to have been printed from a fine woodcut, and says

  THEY TAKE OUR JOBS
      AND STEAL OUR WOMEN
THEY ARE UNNATURAL AND MUST BE STOPPED!
     FAE HALFBLOODS ARE A CRIME
     AGAINST MAN AND NATURE!
     SAVE OUR WAY OF LIFE
       PURIFY THE BLOOD
     END MISCEGENATION NOW!


     SUPPORTING HALFLING ABOMINATIONS
     MAKES YOU AN ENEMY OF HUMANITY!

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:06, Sat 02 Nov.

Rosewood
 player, 37 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:29
New in Town
Rosewood looks at notice.
He reads it over and over again.
Turning around to the others he scratches his head.

Don't they know that humans are sup species of the Fae?
That we all related.  That why two humanoids of any time can have children.
We all same blood.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 117 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:34
New in Town
Frowning at the contents of what he'd read, Leroy removes the handbill, folds up, and keeps it, as it may be useful "evidence", later...
"I feel we can burst in on them, and confront them here, in their den. What say the rest of ye? Rosewood can turn invisible, and sow chaos and mischief, as we take them, and any more evidence we may find within, into custody. These are clearly evil people, with murderous intent. Steel yourselves, my friends... What we find within isn't bound to be pleasant.."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:36, Sat 02 Nov.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 23 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 18:31
New in Town
Marcus nods in agree at Leroy's plan and notches an arrow onto his bow.  Waiting for the others to prepare.
Narrator
 GM, 6987 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 22:44
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 257):

You see the inner shutters to the barred window by the entrance close.
Anita Drake
 player, 77 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 04:12
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 258):

"Perhaps you are right. But then again, are we fighting individuals, or an idea? Don't we prove them right if we bust in and kill them because of their thinking? Will that not create more that think as they do?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 118 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 06:33
New in Town
"We're fighting both. These sub-humans and their ideology are mad dogs, and a manifesto of pure hatred, Mademoiselle Drake."
Leroy said matter-of-factly.
"Besides..."
He continued,
"I doubt they can be negotiated with, and we have no diplomats among us.
I'll bet this whole thing started, over one of these peckerwoods getting rebuffed by one of our fair folk. They want a fight, and now they have one!"

Anita Drake
 player, 78 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 09:22
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 260):

"Perhaps true. But then, if they are criminals, why not get evidence and use the law as the hammer? If we get into a fight getting evidence, so be it, but to fight for the sake of it makes us no better. Lets be better than them, not just stronger."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 119 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 10:07
New in Town
"Sensible. Alright..Let's see what Rosewood can tell us about the inside, or any plots he overhears brewing...Before we do anything severe."
Narrator
 GM, 6992 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 14:47
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 261):

From what the landlady said, it would appear that the gendarmes are disinclined to police this area, and in particular, seem adverse toward doing anything on behalf of non humans or those of mixed blood.

Also someone carrying thieves tools really should not be looking for the attention of law enforcement.



Ahem, this is a job for Player Characters!


A lair need not be entered if you can coax the occupants out...
Anita Drake
 player, 79 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 23:30
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 263):

Several good points, especially as there are some capable characters around. Setting an ambush out side and then letting rednecks be rednecks might just be the proof we need to invite serious characters from the guild...especially hot headed fey...
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 24 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 16:33
New in Town
Marcus looks for a vantage point he can use to be able to cover the rest of the party with his bow.

Ooc:23:10, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 8 using 3d6. Tactics

Ooc:you will notice i accidentally rolled 3 times.  Took the first which happened to make tactics by 1.  Posting by phone is challenging


.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:15, Sun 10 Nov.

Rosewood
 player, 40 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 16:57
New in Town
Rosewood cast spell to make himself invisible and tries to sneak into the building.

OOC:
16:55, Today: Rosewood rolled 10 using 3d6.  Cast Spell Invisible NT 15.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 120 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 17:13
New in Town
Leroy readies his shield and club, and finds a place to spring an ambush.
12:11, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 11 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 13. -2 from armor 11, or less, succeeded.
Narrator
 GM, 7007 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:36
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 266):

Rosewood vanishes from sight. From this side of the building, there is the front door, which jangles a bell when opened, and the barred window, which you could fit through if not for the shutters. There may be a rear entrance, but you don't know where it would be.

Leroy slinks down  the steps, which lead to a 4 foot wide landing that also passes in front of the window. (So 3 yards by 4 feet  about 1 foot, 1 yard window, 1 foot, yard wide door, 1 foot, the door can swing open and just miss the stairs.)

This entrance is a choke point, and while that would make it dangerous for you to enter, those leaving face the same problem, especially  since they are facing up a flight of stairs... the spot Leroy in is not the best, as he could quickly be cornered... anyone opening the door in the other direction would be in a tight spot, but could not be attacked by anyone not above ground (safe from tjose on the other side of the door).

This is not a job for tougher people from the guild. This is now.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 25 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 19:55
New in Town
Marcus looks for a spot across from that would supply a reasonable amount of cover and allow him to cover his companions with his bow.