New in Town.   Posted by Aemon McCain.Group: 0
Aemon McCain
 player, 82 posts
 if it isn't nailed down
 it's mine
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 18:28
New in Town
 a few recent arrivals have stopped off at the guild, and are contemplating staying someplace away from the rougher crowd. The general membership consists of mercenaries, scoundrels, mountebanks and rogues of every stripe.
Your weapons checked at the door with master Aemon, you sit reservedly at a table,  eating the bowls of hot brown that your membership can get you.
Rosewood
 player, 3 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 2 Jul 2019
at 20:42
New in Town
A small little creature about 6 inches high sits on windowsill of one of the high up windows.
He is eating his small bowl of hot brown and watching the room studying all that going on in it.
Wiley Filcher
 player, 3 posts
 swashbuckler
Wed 3 Jul 2019
at 07:04
New in Town
Wiley surrenders his saber with only a small comment that he can hardly use it anyway, and wears it only for appearances, being fresh off the farm as he is.

He collects his bowl and finds a place to sit where the table is not too sticky, and pulls out a deck of cards and starts playing solitaire, shuffling clumsily between rounds as he watches the crowd.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 41 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Wed 3 Jul 2019
at 20:54
New in Town
Leroy headed into the main hall, and checked his multiple weapons in with Aemon.
Strolling past the halberdiers, he headed for the dining area, and grabbed a wooden bowl and spoon, and stood in the serving line.
Anita Drake
 player, 26 posts
 Adventuress
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 02:49
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 4):

The unloaded crossbow surrendered, Anita comes in for her free meal. Seeing some familiar faces, she goes over to join LeRoy.

"Any news of work? I am not even going to ak about the food...but I have not heard of anyone dying from it..."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 42 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 04:06
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 4):
"Hello again, Mademoiselle Drake. I haven't heard of anything as of late... I hope I find something soon. I'd like to move out of here as soon as possible, like you and your cousin, have.

Leroy watched as the hot brown was ladled into his bowl with an audible splat, followed by a piece of bread, unceremoniously tossed on top.
"Mmmm.. L'amour que brun chaud! Haw haw haw!"
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 1 post
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 17:56
New in Town
Marcus hands over his quiver, bow and long knife.  He throws back the dusty hood of his cloak and walks over to where they are dishing out the brown.  He takes a bowl sniffing it and shrugging as if to say he has had worse. He scans the room and finds a seat in the corner away from others to to eat his meal.
Lepkur
 NPC, 54 posts
 a goblin
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 19:10
New in Town
In reply to Wiley Filcher (msg # 3):

A goblin, wearing a gilt administrator guild badge, breaks off a conversation with a large fellow of ogrish extraction and a young woman wearing brass knuckles, and makes his way toward Wiley, looking i tently at his array of cards.

"Bub, you know you don't have ta play alone. I know plenty of games dat are floating right now."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 43 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 19:52
New in Town
"I'm curious about whatever this Nodwin fellow is serving for dinner. Mario said he conjures food! I've never tried conjured food...I wonder if it's any good. You know, I'd like to move into one of those houses, in your neighborhood. With some work, it could be a nice place, especially if we all work together." Leroy, received his bowl, and strolled with Anita to find a place to sit...
Anita Drake
 player, 27 posts
 Adventuress
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 20:16
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 9):

"Conjured food is much like gruel. It can sustain you but anything is probably better tasting. Yeah, Benito will work to build up those places, so I am guessing once he is done there will be places there, but it really is not my call. Best I can do is find some cash...for which I, like you, probably need some work."

She finds a seat to eat what she has with LeRoy.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 44 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 20:32
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 10):
Finding a place, Leroy sits down.
"So, tell me about you and your cousin. Where are you from?"

Leroy smiled into his bowl as he removed the crust of bread. The Brown was hot, and hadn't developed a skin. "C'est bon aujourd'hui !"
Wiley Filcher
 player, 4 posts
 swashbuckler
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 05:16
New in Town
In reply to Lepkur (msg # 8):

Wiley looks up at the goblin. "Really? Real games? Back on the farm my Uncle Babar used to talk about real gambling, how much fun it is, now I get the chance to actually try it? Where do I sign up?"
Lepkur
 NPC, 55 posts
 a goblin
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 20:24
New in Town
In reply to Wiley Filcher (msg # 12):

The goblin eyes your kit, as if appraising how much your shirt would go for if you lost it.

"Deres a place a few blocks up called the Wastrel's Hope dat has a card game most evenings, along wit dart games ta bet on."


It is early afternood right now.
Anita Drake
 player, 28 posts
 Adventuress
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 09:16
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 11):

"Well, what is there to say? He is a good man, who got into trouble with those with less scruples than he or hos father. They killed his father, and we escaped. He sees the world through eyes that consider everyone as good or evil. But he considers justice highly, maybe too highly, given how it has been denied him.

What about you? Tell me about yourself?
"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 45 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 14:54
New in Town
"I'm sorry for your kin...Do you have enemies about? Me, I've just left home, after this year's planting. Mercenary work is what we do, and we're known at Manoir du Lac, for two generations now, since the plague, as being some of the best fighting men to be found outside the city!
My grandfather built our home from the remains of a monster stronghold, on the lake. His party cleared them out, and now it's a green and peaceful place, again. There's always work to be done there, but I won't be inheriting the property, as I'm the youngest.. No, I have to make my own way now, and I shall!"

Leroy said with gusto, as he broke his bread in half.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:12, Sat 13 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 4 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 17:07
New in Town
The small figure carefully picks up his empty bowl.
Then with a small skip launches himself into the air.
After a minute the creature lands on the table close to Anita Drake and Leroy du Lac plates.
In a graceful, flowing single movement it sits down with it empty bowl in its lap.
It also has a small scroll which it gets out of its pocket.
It looks up a little nervous smile on it's face.  Looking between Anita and Leroy waiting.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:26, Sat 06 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 46 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 18:13
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 16):

Leroy was about to take his first spoonful, when he noticed the pixie land on their table.
"Ho! Hello there, wee-one. What have you got there?"
Leroy moved his face lower, curious to see what the scroll-bearing pixie wanted with them.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:16, Sat 06 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 5 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 19:35
New in Town
Rosewood looks hopefully at Leroy du Lac.
I am new to the lands of humans and I am not sure how this guild thing works.
This scroll clearly proves I am a member of the guild and that I am skilled in magical lore.
It is even signed by the head of the Arcane chapter.

Rosewood looks down at his bowl.
The thing is a pixie alone in this big people lands is likely to get squashed if he is not careful.
From what I can make out, both of you are guild members looking for work.
That you may be looking to create a team together.
I was hoping you may require someone with my type of skills to join you?


He looks back up to them.
I am sorry if this is not how I should go about finding a group of adventures to join but my experience of humans is limited.


OOC:-
The little creature come across with an odd mixture of uncertainty and confidence.  He is clearly not shy or reserved as one may have expected.  There is a confidence in him that make you feel he will not run at first the sign of danger.  He is clearly however having to deal with an environment and situation he not very familiar with.


The pixie is also wearing a  small numbered, sigil marked tin badge like each of you wear as members of the guild. The bagdges you wear are traceable by the seeker spell, as they are inscribed with a mystic mark.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:11, Mon 08 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 47 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 22:21
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 18):
"No worries. You're doing the best you can, I expect. Being assertive when one is so small, is a sign of pluck, and has my respect. I know little of magic, why don't you show and tell us what you can do?"

Leroy said, as he resumed eating.
Rosewood
 player, 6 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 22:36
New in Town
Rosewood nods.
His smile is a little more settled.
Do you have a torch.  Or an item you like to use as a torch.
I am told a lot of adventuring humans do is done down in tunnels and dark places.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:09, Mon 08 July 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 29 posts
 Adventuress
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 23:06
New in Town
"Of course you are welcome to join us. My name is Anita, and this chap is Leroy. The more of us, the better our chance of finding good work. What brings you to such a place as this?"
Rosewood
 player, 7 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 23:32
New in Town
Rosewood turns to Anita Drake.
Thank you.  He says.
Then the reality of the question she ask hit him.
He looks down at his bowl again.
He frowns at it.  Shaking his head.
My older cousin is a very, very important Pixie in the royal court.
I err.  Well I did something to upset him and that upset the rest of the royal court.
It was an accident.  I did not mean to do it.  I not a dark Pixie.  I never will be.
But I was.  How do I put it.  Asked to leave.

He looks up at her.  His face is very sad.
If I become a Hero and learn more magic.  I hope one day I will find a way to do something that allow me to return.  I am sure.
Anita Drake
 player, 30 posts
 Adventuress
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 00:24
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 22):

"I see. Just because they are nobility, does not mean they are good people, to be sure. But good luck in that. I am happy to just start a new life where people leave us alone..."
Wiley Filcher
 player, 5 posts
 swashbuckler
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 06:04
New in Town
In reply to Lepkur (msg # 13):

Wiley beams at the Goblin "Wastrel's Hope? What a splendid name! I shall be there with bells on! Who do I have to thank for such a fine suggestion...?" he asks, adding quickly "and what suggestion do you have between now and evening? I would be imminently thankful for a run down on other fine establishments in the area that might suit my simple country tastes."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 48 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 07:56
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 22):
"Well, there are many different employers here, in this very building. If'n reputation is of greater import to you than money, you'd do well to work for those with greater prestige. You know, to get your deeds known more quickly, and the sort of deeds you'll be wantin' your kin to hear about."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 07:57, Sun 07 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 8 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 17:25
New in Town
Rosewood answers.
That sounds like good advice.  Thank you.
He looks around.
In answer to your question on what I can do.  I will show you went we not in such a crowd place.  But I have study the effects of light to a good degree.  I can make an item glow with good amount of light for a few days.
I can make people look fuzzy so they are harder to hit.
I can at a push make myself disappear from sight.


He then makes a big sigh.
If need I can defend myself against a mad axe swing dwarf or orc and hurt them.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:27, Mon 08 July 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6558 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 20:12
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 26):

Just to clarify some information that might not have been shared, see the green text added to message 18.

Also, for Rosewood, your family is part of the Seelie court, and while you have been banished from court affairs, you were not made a member of the Unseelie court, which would be a quest unto itself.


You are all encouraged to get your capabilities registered with
one of the guild agents upstairs, Bellarius, who works for Camilla the Quest Coordinator.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 49 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 20:40
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 26):
"Your skills sound very useful, and you sound like you'd make an excellent scout, being able to get into places we cannot!"

Leroy takes his remaining bread, and mops the inside of his bowl with it, finishing his meal.
"Why don't we go uptairs and see Bellarius?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Mon 08 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 9 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 23:24
New in Town
Rosewood stands up ready to go.
He not really sure where they going but anything is better than sitting doing nothing.
Bellarius
 player, 42 posts
 elven Secretary
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 01:28
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 29):

On the upper mezzanine level that wraps around the common room are a number of offices, apartments, and shops, including Spielgud's Spell Eporium and Ashbury the  Outfitter.

Off to one side are a set of double doors to the large conference room. Within are a number of chairs, two magical torchierie lamps and a large desk, behind which sits an elf with a shaved head.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 50 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 01:52
New in Town
"Greetings, Master Bellarius. We've come to register and find some work..."
Leroy spoke up.
Rosewood
 player, 10 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 02:32
New in Town
Rosewood flying along behind Leroy du Lac.
He lands on the table and waits for Bellarius to speak with Leroy.
Anita Drake
 player, 31 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 04:34
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 32):

Anita, as a guild member, should already be registered, but she follows along anyway, planning on asking about work again.
Wiley Filcher
 player, 6 posts
 swashbuckler
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 06:52
New in Town
Wiley, with time to kill before the game starts, heads to register to see if there is any "honest" work to be had.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 2 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 14:21
New in Town
Marcus finishes his brown and heads upstairs to register with Bellarius.  He stays quiet while waiting for his turn.
Bellarius
 player, 43 posts
 elven Secretary
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 17:26
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 31):

The elf first takes down your badge numbers, and consults a ledger.

"Madamoiselle Drake, I have a slim dossier on you and your relation. Have you found any direct employment or acquired references since we last spoke?

Rosewood. The fey community is small in the guild, and I have heard a few things...perhaps some others less inclined to Pixie gossip will find practicality in your skillset.

Monseuir du Lac, fourth son and an axe and board fighter, some experience escorting caravans.

Monseuir Filcher, who despite the name is not a thief. You are a saberman, that at least is clear. A bit rowdy.

Monseuir Blackthorn. Bow and long knife, beyond that, I have nothing.

Are the lot of you assembling for the short term, or for a more formal enterprise?"

Rosewood
 player, 11 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 17:44
New in Town
What ever the elf just said when for the most part over Rosewood head.
The only thing that did make sense was the advice that Rosewood would be better of not working with any fray for the time being.   So a group of big people he was with was the best option for the pixie at the moment.
He turns to Leroy du Lac who had been very friendly and shrug Rosewood shoulder as if say I follow your lead as I have not a clue what answer is to the elf's question.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 51 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 20:09
New in Town
In reply to Bellarius (msg # 36):

"I can also sneak about and climb fairly good, use a crossbow proficiently, and I'm a wrestler, and all around, brawler! I've learned to set broken bones, extract arrows, and patch up wounds sufficiently, as well."
Leroy added.
"I'm looking for something short term, really. I don't want to commit to something big just yet, as other options may come my way, and my word of honor and my contracts are what I live by...I would hear your contracts, and consider them.
"
Leroy looks at the other two he'd recognized from the dining hall, downstairs.
He hadn't seen them before, or worked with either of them, prior.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:56, Tue 09 July 2019.

Wiley Filcher
 player, 7 posts
 swashbuckler
Wed 10 Jul 2019
at 06:01
New in Town
"Sir! I am an artist, one who just happens to paint with his saber." Wiley exclaims, sounding slightly indignant.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 52 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Wed 10 Jul 2019
at 07:23
New in Town
Leroy eyed the weaponry the slightly older man carried.
He was interested in learning swordsmanship, but not fencing weaponry. He was interested in learning to use a long sword, with a shield. The arms he carried with him were small, and deadly, but mainly side arms.

This message was last edited by the player at 07:25, Wed 10 July 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 3 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 10 Jul 2019
at 13:33
New in Town
Marcus says to Bellarius,"I too can track, climb and tend others wounds and have some skill in being stealthy".
Bellarius
 player, 44 posts
 elven Secretary
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 22:14
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 41):

"This is all good information. As to personality traits that may affect the interest of prosp9clients, may I ask if any of you have been branded as a felon, been formally excommunicated,  or forgive me, but this became an issue recently, ever had relations with, or are descended from, an infernal entity? Note that there are clients that would prefer some, or all of those er, qualities, and there are clients who would object to persons affected by those conditions.  I can surmise that most of you would work for three silvers a day?"

Ooc: 3 silvers, or $60 is the going rate for 125pt characters. 62 point characters get paid $30 !a day, and 250 point characters get paid $120 a day. Poor characters work for less than that, and there are cheap clients who offer less than usual.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 53 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 15 Jul 2019
at 23:26
New in Town
In reply to Bellarius (msg # 42):
"My great grandmother is a naiad, We're supernatural, but not infernal. We protect what's ours, and are respectable folk, and honorable gentilhombre, Monsieur."

Leroy stood tall, and squared his shoulders, pulling off his coif.
"I will honor my contracts, but I will only contract honorable work. I don't care to work with, or for the likes those knaves, and reprobates you have spoke of. I will, however work for three silver. What's the job..?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:39, Tue 16 July 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 4 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 00:06
New in Town
"I have some distant elvish blood on me mother's but no infernal.  I am not a criminal nor am I wanted for any crime. That be a fair price I suppose I did not get near that much fighting orcs on the borders.  This group look like honest people I would not be opposed working with them."  He nods to his apparent companions.
Bellarius
 player, 45 posts
 elven Secretary
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 00:26
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 43):

"That is well. As to jobs, for that you need to speak to Camilla. Her office is through the double doors here."

He stands and leads you to a set of doors, and opens them. Within is a large room draped with conference table and about eight chairs. At the end of the table are two figures, a man and a woman.
Wiley Filcher
 player, 8 posts
 swashbuckler
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 05:18
New in Town
"Is their a place in town that one can go to for relations with infernal entities?" Wiley asks Bellarius half in jest, then quickly thinks better of it. "Well, never mind that for now. I am as pure as the driven snow, as innocent as a newborn myself." he remarks, then he saunters into the conference room and take a seat near the woman.

"Camilla is it? I'm Wiley. Got something for me?" he asks with a grin.
Rosewood
 player, 13 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 10:15
New in Town
Rosewood listens to Bellarius and answers in his turn.
I have had nothing to do with infernal.  Pixie's avoided such creatures.  I don't think I ever seen a Pixie with horns and tail.  Not even in a book or been told of one from the old tails. Even in court of my wayward cousins such an idea would be bad thing to them.
As long as I am paid same as everybody else I am happy.


Rosewood follows the others to find a job.
OOC:
Ok that has just done it.  I now have a hundred and one crossbred ideas with pixies in my head.  Including half pixie half centaur (but how that really work I do not know)!

This message was last edited by the player at 10:31, Tue 16 July 2019.

Camilla
 player, 83 posts
 Guild Broker
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 13:50
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 47):

The woman, finely dressed and attractive greets you, as Bellarius passes her your dossier. The gentleman, also wearing fine clothes, has sharp features and a pointed beard.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 5 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 14:27
New in Town
Marcus slightly bows in greeting,"M'lady" He nods to the gentleman.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:28, Tue 16 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 54 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 17:33
New in Town
Leroy smiles politely at both officials.
"Bonjour, les gens bien."

Rosewood
 player, 14 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 17:42
New in Town
Rosewood fly's in and lands on the desk.
He bows to the lady.
May the sun shine warmly on you and the flowers you smell be sweet.

The little pixie does a bow.

Turning to the man.
May your sleep be peaceful and your strength renewed when you wake.
Camilla
 player, 84 posts
 Guild Broker
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 19:54
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 51):

You notice that while the woman wears a gilt admin-level badge, the other not-quite-human fellow is wearing the same entey level badge you are. His clothing is more that of a dandy than a ranking member of the guild.
"Let's see, Leroy, Marcus, Wiley, and Rosewood? I am Camilla, chief quest coordinator for the guild. There are others, but few vett those involved in contracting employment as thoughroughly as my staff.  It may be necessary to submit to a Truthsayer spell to obtain employment with some clients.  I would like to introduce you all to Maddo, who has just come to us with a small problem."
Maddo
 NPC, 1 post
 Feyblood
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 20:09
New in Town
In reply to Camilla (msg # 52):

"Thank you Camilla. I came to the guild because of a threat my friends and I are facing. We have been subject to racially motivated harrasment from a fairly large group of chauvinistic ruffians, in the name of racial purity. These ruffians have recited the same slogans about the mixing of the blood being the first evil, and several of us have had to move because of violence against our homes, from grafiti to one case of arson that was prevented by the quick thinking of our friend Renolan, who is an amateur fire mage. We need your help."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:57, Thu 18 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 55 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 20:16
New in Town
In reply to Camilla (msg # 52):
"I always tell the truth, even when I lie." Leroy quipped. "You may cast your spells on me. May it expose my honor and credentials." (truthful-5)
"Who are these ruffians? Mortals should see admixture as a boon. My family certainly does."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:12, Tue 16 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 15 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 16 Jul 2019
at 21:09
New in Town
Rosewood decides to let Leroy du Lac do the talking.
Hoping Maddo has not connections with Pixie court or is so desperate that hiring Rosewood is not an issue.

OOC:-
Rosewood also has nothing to add as well.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Wed 17 July 2019.

Wiley Filcher
 player, 9 posts
 swashbuckler
Wed 17 Jul 2019
at 16:01
New in Town
"Well, I am as honest as the next man, perhaps more so." Wiley quips, as a sahudese copper piece appears in his hand, which he starts to flip across his knuckles almost unconsciously. "But it sounds like what you need are simple guards, or perhaps you are looking for someone to infiltrate the group, identify the key players and eliminate them?" he asks, leaning forward "If that is the case I would expect more than standard pay..."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 56 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Wed 17 Jul 2019
at 17:12
New in Town
Leroy smiling, folded his arms, and stood next to Wiley, in total agreement and support for his way of thinking.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 6 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 17 Jul 2019
at 18:33
New in Town
Marcus stands quietly nodding in agreement with the rest.
Maddo
 NPC, 2 posts
 Feyblood
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 16:16
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 58):

"Er,Um, actually my group can't afford your pay, her fee, and spellcasting for veracity, so I am going to have to take you at your word. We need just a little more than guards, just to maybe follow these spitefull goons back to their gathering space and give them what for. My folk don't have much recourse to the faiey courts, and we tried to get assistance from the gendarmes, but Le Fleur said he was there for the true citizens only. Admittedly, some of us came through the gate over in Hyacinth's Hoofbeats, but this is our home, and there is really nowhere else to go."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 57 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 17:11
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 59):
"Do you have any information on who they are, or where their gathering place is?"
Maddo
 NPC, 3 posts
 Feyblood
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 20:21
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 60):

"We have been trying to avoid them, rather than follow them. Renolan says he saw the arsonist."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Fri 19 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 58 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 20:53
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 61):
"I suggest you have some of your people, that are willing, to set a trap. When they come, to take the bait, that's when we'll be there to confront them. If none have such courage, we could also visit neighborhood taverns and listen for gossip, and talk about those who have issues with feybloods, then we shall uncover their den of hooliganry! Which neighborhood is this going on in? These knaves shouldn't be hard to find, once we know where to look."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:57, Thu 18 July 2019.

Wiley Filcher
 player, 10 posts
 swashbuckler
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 05:10
New in Town
Wiley shows a little discomfort when Maddo mentions he is tight on funds, and he thinks a bit about this job..

"Master Maddo, Have you thought this through? Violence has a way of escalating at times. While we might nip this in the bud straightaway there is also a possibility that actions against these miscreants will draw more people to their side and escalate the violence, necessitating an increased response on your and our part. In other words this could get expensive if these bullies are made of sterner stuff than we might hope. Are you ready for that?"
Rosewood
 player, 16 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 10:00
New in Town
Rosewood finally speaks.
I do not know if it is possible but the best answer would be to get the bullies to turn in on themselves.  To start fighting each other and so there group falls apart.
If they intend to kill let them kill each other.
Without them knowing it was us that did it to them.


The little Pixie wiggles his noise.

A old Pixie trick.
Maddo
 NPC, 4 posts
 Feyblood
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 20:53
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 64):

"We are not thoroughly impovershed, Madame Camilla does charge individually for truth telling magic. We had enough for her fee, plus two days pay each. After that, if undisturbed, we can make enough to pay our expenses and a few days more of yours if need be.  Most of my people are minstrels or artisans, we have no great warriors amongst us."
Wiley Filcher
 player, 11 posts
 swashbuckler
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 06:15
New in Town
"Well then, it seems all is in agreement." Wiley says, rubbing his chin while thinking. "It is not lost on me that most, if not all of us are of fae or mixed blood, myself included. You are perhaps hoping that loyalty will carry us when funds run low? It is no matter, you've hired yourself a sword. The first step as I see it to identify the miscreants and their leader and go forward from there. Those of us that can pass a human are the best suited for this step by my estimation."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 59 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 19:30
New in Town
"Speaking for myself..What you lack in cash, can be made up for with favors, and cultivating a good reputation. After all, a good reputation is worth more than a purse of silver...and I find this sort of thing satisfies my sense of justice. You can count on my steel, as well."
Leroy said, unfolding his arms, and placing them akimbo.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:31, Sat 20 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 17 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 19:34
New in Town
Rosewood nods.
A good reputation with anybody that connected with the fey is also of value to me as well.
Bellarius
 player, 46 posts
 elven Secretary
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 13:59
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 68):

Camilla's agent opens the door, accompanied by a woman.
 He hands a document to Camilla.
"This is Anita Drake, a specialist in subtle matters of acquisition."

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:59, Sun 21 July 2019.

Maddo
 NPC, 5 posts
 Feyblood
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 14:03
New in Town
In reply to Bellarius (msg # 69):

"As I was saying, we can pay the standard rate for all five of you for two days, and if my people are unmolested for that length of time we can earn enough to continue paying for your services."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 60 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 17:35
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 70):
"Can you give us the names and locations of some of the victims? Perhaps they could give us more information about where these belligerent sallies are coming from, and some details about who they saw. This Renolan, perhaps? Maybe some others?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:52, Sun 21 July 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 32 posts
 Adventuress
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 10:54
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 70):

"Sorry for my absence, I was distracted. I missed the nature of your work, but if there is nothing immoral about it, work sounds good. I can also do a little work with traps..."
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 7 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 19:00
New in Town
Marcus replies to Bellerius offer of payment with a nod and sats,"That is a fair price to dispatch a few ruffians.  I will sell my skills to your group for I have some elf blood running through my veins...though a scarce amount."
Camilla
 player, 85 posts
 Guild Broker
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 21:03
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 71):

"Renolan is a guildmember, a torchbearer by trade, with some small fire magic"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 61 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 23:18
New in Town
In reply to Camilla (msg # 74):

"I think we should talk to him, and find out what he had saw, first thing."
Narrator
 GM, 6593 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 15:47
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 75):

After getting his description, (a red haired half elf), You head out of the conference room and down the steps to the common room. Sitting next to a husky orcish woman with brightly dyed hair a few shades off from his own, you spot him by his quiver full of torches. Idly, he is snapping his fingers, occasionally producing a spark
Leroy du Lac
 player, 62 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 16:36
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 76):
Spotting him overhead, Leroy descended the stairs to greet him.
"Renolan? Bonjour. I'm Leroy du Lac. Our group had just spoken to your friend Maddo upstairs in Mademoiselle Camilla's office. Maddo says he and his friends are having some troubles with a certain group of ruffians who have issues with feybloods. He also told us that you stopped a fire, one of them had set. Thank goodness you were there! We've been called upon to investigate and rectify this situation, and any information you have, or other witnesses you can notify us of, would be a great help. Most of our group has feyblood, so we are not just in this for the money, as we have an invested interest in helping our kin, against those who hate us."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:37, Tue 23 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 18 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 17:01
New in Town
Rosewood lands on the table close to Renolan.
Give a small bow.
He looks up at the big creature.
The pixie lets Leroy du Lac do talking but he though his presents would back up Leroy du Lac words.
Renolan
 NPC, 21 posts
 torch bearer
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 19:53
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 78):

The redheaded half elf looks up from his orcish companion, and seems irritated.
"Yes, that's my name, and this is my friend Claire. Who is the sprite, and why is he in my personal space?
Yeah there was a fire, and I extinguished it. And those asshats? Sorriest excuse formen I have ever seen."

Leroy du Lac
 player, 63 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:05
New in Town
In reply to Renolan (msg # 79):

Leroy glanced at Rosewood and turned back with a sheepish grin. "This is Rosewood. He introduced himself to me just a bit ago, in the same manner. He is unused to the world of the big people... Sorry about that. But any information you have about who they are, would help us. We aim to nip this in the bud."
Rosewood
 player, 19 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:14
New in Town
Rosewood looked at the half-elf.
Then looks around a little confused.
What is "personal my space"?  And if this is right question.  How large is it?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Wed 24 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 64 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 04:33
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 81):
"Personal space among the big, is measured by the length by a big person's arm, or the length of a sword, wielded by big persons. Anything less than that, is considered to be in their face, or "personal space", although some people require more than is standard, because everyone is different, in these regards. You'll get the hang of it, Rosewood. You should be more careful though, because if you startle someone, they may swat you, before realizing what, and who you are."

Leroy explained good-naturedly, to the Pixie.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:35, Thu 25 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 20 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 10:02
New in Town
Rosewood looks thoughtfully at Leroy du Lac.
He looks over at Renolan and at his arms.
The Pixie takes few steps back.  Then stands with his arm out stretched looking at Renolan.
That a lot of space then.  That very big.
And you have stand that distance away from each other unless your sitting with someone.

Rosewood point to two people sitting next to each other talking.

Rosewood looks back at Leroy du Lac.
He seems a little sad.
So no sneaking up behind someone and tickling their.  He pauses trying think of best part of large creature to tickle. Ears.
The pixie put a hopeful smile on his face.

He then turns to Renolan.  Making sure he a good distance from him.
I am sorry I just trying to help and learn to be an adventure in world of big people.
I be quite now.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:05, Thu 25 July 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 8 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 12:22
New in Town
Marcus stands there listening to the conversation nodding at the appropriate moments.
Anita Drake
 player, 33 posts
 Adventuress
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 05:42
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 84):

Anita stayed at the back of the group, happy to watch the situation unfold as it did. She preferred to say little, and not be noticed.
Renolan
 NPC, 22 posts
 torch bearer
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 20:23
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 83):

The half elf leans back on his stool as Rosewood skitters away
"That's good advice Leroy, keep the small ones from getting killed by accident.  People might think you were a Stirge coming up on them.  So I have some small fire magic, but I am no Marie the Mountain elf, blasting whole cities of trolls to ash... But I was able to put out that fire."
Strong Clair
 NPC, 26 posts
 laborer
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 20:25
New in Town
In reply to Renolan (msg # 86):

"I thought Marie was a musician, and the fire mage was named Christine."
Renolan
 NPC, 23 posts
 torch bearer
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 20:27
New in Town
In reply to Strong Clair (msg # 87):

"No, I am pretty sure Christine is that bard who is always throwing herself around... Marie is the fire mage. She has nice boots and an armored golem."
Anita Drake
 player, 34 posts
 Adventuress
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 06:30
New in Town
In reply to Renolan (msg # 88):

At the mention of nice boots, Anita's ears prick up...but soon her interest wanes at the mention that the fire mage has an armoured Golem. Then she asked with interest

"What do you mean that Christine is always throwing herself around? She is a bit of a gymnast?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 65 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 08:33
New in Town
"Well good thing you were around when you were. Where did this happen? We should probably talk to that person as well...I'm sure they'd be interested in some security and justice."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:39, Mon 29 July 2019.

Renolan
 NPC, 24 posts
 torch bearer
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:14
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 89):

"From what I hear, she is something of a nonprofessional evening companion, like most bards. The fire happened a few streets up, near a flop a couple of us rent cots in."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 66 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:39
New in Town
"Thank you, Renolan. That sounds like a good place to start gathering clues...Whenever the rest of you are ready."
Leroy went to collect his weaponry from Aemon.
Rosewood
 player, 21 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 22:14
New in Town
Rosewood follows Leroy du Lac lead.
Anita Drake
 player, 35 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 07:06
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 93):

"I see. Let us get moving then."
Wiley Filcher
 player, 12 posts
 swashbuckler
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 07:16
New in Town
Wiley listens, flipping his coin the entire time, but he does not interject not being that interested in fire mages and only slightly interested in female bards. That is at least until he could get a look at them. He was willing to let others fumble about until his skills could be brought to bear or something interesting happened.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 9 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 21:10
New in Town
Marcus follows Leroy and collects hus weapons.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 67 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 22:24
New in Town
When the rest are in tow, and equipped, Leroy will follow Renolan's direction's to where the flop-house fire occurred...
Narrator
 GM, 6621 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:28
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 97):

Several semi abandoned  blocks north, past the area where the street had collapsed, and where an ogre is planting a tree while a robed fellow with a bronze torc around his neck is directing, you espy the area in question, a long three story stone building that looks ancient and ill cared for. Like most homes in town, there are terra cotta tiles on the roof, but in poor disrepair.

Accross the way and down the lane, you spot the sign of the Wastrel's Hope,  a hand reaching into an empty coin purse with a torn seam.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:19, Mon 12 Aug 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 36 posts
 Adventuress
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:48
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 98):

"Right. So the faerie muggers are here, or the faeries we need to protect are around here?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 68 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 01:48
New in Town
"Let us inquire, within."
Leroy said, after looking around the place. He made for the large, stone building, looking for tell-tale fire damage, to make sure it fit Renolan's description.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:22, Thu 01 Aug 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6622 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 00:38
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 100):

The long building has some char marks at the front door. The rest of the place is stone, except for the window casings, and one of those is slightly burnt as well. Renolan must have been busy.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 69 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 01:27
New in Town
"This looks like the place, alright. We might try yon tavern, afterwards.."
Leroy said, pointing across the street, as he opened the door, and entered the building.
Anita Drake
 player, 39 posts
 Adventuress
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 04:35
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 101):

Anita looks around the place for clues.
Wiley Filcher
 player, 13 posts
 swashbuckler
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 05:43
New in Town
Wiley starts by checking the structures with a line of sight to the charred building, looking for people who might have witnessed the firebug to question.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 10 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sun 4 Aug 2019
at 01:35
New in Town
Marcus follows in behind the rest scanning the street and area behind him as he enters.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 70 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sun 4 Aug 2019
at 02:59
New in Town
"I'm going to see if the clerk knows anything, or has seen any suspicious characters about lately.' Leroy looked for the person in charge.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:00, Sun 04 Aug 2019.

Landlady
 NPC, 1 post
 Low rent bourgeoisie
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 12:36
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 106):

As you peer down the alley by the side of the building, you see a woman directing another to hand some washing. She is a little better dressed.
Anita Drake
 player, 40 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 12:39
New in Town
In reply to Landlady (msg # 107):

Anita will attempt to approach her politely.

"Good Morning, Ma'am. Do you live here?"
Landlady
 NPC, 2 posts
 Low rent bourgeoisie
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 13:19
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 108):

"That I do. I rent rooms. You looking? I have a few vacancies"


From accross the way, a few people are noisily crossing the street from the Wastrel's Hope.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 71 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 15:16
New in Town
"Madam, we're here from the guild investigating the fire, and any information you have about suspicious characters about, would help us..."
Anita Drake
 player, 41 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 20:26
New in Town
In reply to Landlady (msg # 109):

"Or any characters that hired a room for a short time back...when was the fire exactly?"
Landlady
 NPC, 3 posts
 Low rent bourgeoisie
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 21:22
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 111):

She sighs.
"Suspicious characters? We are in a neighborhood full of suspicious characters. Orcs, Shevnians, all of these young toughs who frequent the Wastrel. And your guild, just minutes away... This place had been a monastery before my time, and I couldn't tell who was worse. There have been some ner'do'wells writing rude words with charcoal on my fresh whitewash, some of them came stomping about with torches yelling things. I complained to LeFleur, and he said they were fine people, at least it wasn't the gobfolk running ampk like the other week."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 72 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 22:05
New in Town
"The Wastrel, huh? Sounds like we might find out more about our troublemakers, there."
Leroy said, as he watched the group crossing the street.
Narrator
 GM, 6647 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 23:31
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 113):

The group consists of two heavily armored knights, an archer holding hands with another woman, and a muscular dwarf with a mandolin.
Rosewood
 player, 22 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 6 Aug 2019
at 23:41
New in Town
Rosewood follows the others doing his best to say out the way.
Listening and hopefully learning how big people deal with big people.
Anita Drake
 player, 42 posts
 Adventuress
Wed 7 Aug 2019
at 06:13
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 115):

Anita is not so easily distracted.

"I see. What were they writing in charcoal? And what did they look like, those that defaced your walls writing on your whitewash?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 06:14, Wed 07 Aug 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 11 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 8 Aug 2019
at 18:10
New in Town
Marcus listens as he watches the group noisly crossing the street.
Hugo
 NPC, 6 posts
 Dwarf would be bard
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 15:59
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 117):

The dwarf, who has a black eye, slings his axe, and tries to tune his mandolin. The two women call to him to hurry up.
Landlady
 NPC, 4 posts
 Low rent bourgeoisie
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 16:03
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 116):

"They were rough trade. Aralaise men, all a bit scruffy. Wrote 'mongrels' and 'No Halfbreeds' My tenant Gordab would have thumped them, but he was off minstrelling about. Quite a few of my tenants are musicians."
Anita Drake
 player, 43 posts
 Adventuress
Sun 11 Aug 2019
at 20:40
New in Town
In reply to Landlady (msg # 119):

"Do you think they might have been the ones responsible for the fire in that building?" She points out the building that was burnt that they had looked at previously. "Is it possible the charcoal came from there?"
Landlady
 NPC, 5 posts
 Low rent bourgeoisie
Mon 12 Aug 2019
at 20:21
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 120):

"That is my building. You can get charcoal anywhere, and the grafiti came days before the fire"
Anita Drake
 player, 44 posts
 Adventuress
Mon 12 Aug 2019
at 20:25
New in Town
In reply to Landlady (msg # 121):

"I see. Who were the tenants at the time of the fire? How long had they been there? Was the graffiti targeting them, or you?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 73 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 12 Aug 2019
at 21:52
New in Town
"I'm going to head across the street and check out this tavern for clues, but first, I'll question these folks."
Leroy approaches the group heading away from the tavern, crossing the street.
"Hail, Sirs and company! Might you help us in a task, of finding a group of ne'er-do-wells, that we might mete out justice? We're looking for the people responsible for the fire, at the boaring house."
Wiley Filcher
 player, 14 posts
 swashbuckler
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 06:50
New in Town
Wiley leans against a wall and watches the area for trouble while he flips the large coin he carries as his good luck charm, trying to look as if he is not associated with the rest of the group.
Rosewood
 player, 23 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 17:07
New in Town
Finding himself of little use at the moment Rosewood fly's up and find himself a nice little perch to look over the area and keep eye out for trouble.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 12 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 17:29
New in Town
Marcus stands near Leroy waiting for an answer.
Landlady
 NPC, 6 posts
 Low rent bourgeoisie
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 20:36
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 123):

"You are the nosy one, ain't ya? I room all sorts, pieceworkers, day laborers, minstrels, what have you. All sorts, mostly a little off, but their coin is good. Got some cusswords writ, some mudblood this, bloodstain that, halfbreed illegitimate what have you. Gone through a lot of whitewash. Some left, some are still here. That archer gal and her wife stay here too, but they got their own troubles with rude folk."
Anita Drake
 player, 45 posts
 Adventuress
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 20:55
New in Town
In reply to Landlady (msg # 127):

"Investigation kind of require the nosy type. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. Do you mind if we speak to some of the tenants that were here at the time this fire started? Perhaps you can indicate which ones?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 74 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 15 Aug 2019
at 22:00
New in Town
"Don't fret, good Dame. We're not here to cause a fuss, but to help. Forsooth! It does not appear as if the gendarmes are interested in keeping the peace, so we were called upon."
Leroy added.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:19, Fri 16 Aug 2019.

Landlady
 NPC, 7 posts
 Low rent bourgeoisie
Fri 16 Aug 2019
at 20:04
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 129):
Down the street behind you, you hear heavy footsteps and whistling.
The woman cocks her ears and points with her chin as she continues folding laundry.
"That would be Gordab. He wasn't here when the fire started. Renolan was, and a few serving folk."
Anita Drake
 player, 46 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 08:37
New in Town
In reply to Landlady (msg # 130):

"Very well, Ma'am. Thank you for your time and information. You don't know where Renolan is, per chance?"

Anita will head off looking for Renolan.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 76 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 13:48
New in Town
OOC: Renolan was the half-elf back at the guild common room, that we spoke to. he is the one who put out the fire, and directed our inquiry here, remember?
Leroy pops his head around the corner, expecting an orc, with a name like Gordab.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:49, Tue 20 Aug 2019.

Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 1 post
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 20:46
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 132):

As you step out of the alley, you notice a very large fellow of dubious parantage carrying a cello.
A couple of rough type diagonally accross, near the back of the Wastrel's Hope are giving him the eye. Admittedly,  He is an eyeful, maybe seven feet tall and at least four feet wide, with a thick neck and no sign of a chin.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:54, Tue 20 Aug 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 77 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 20 Aug 2019
at 20:54
New in Town
"You must be Gordab. Well met! Your land lady was just telling us about you. We're from the guild, and we're investigating the fire, and the ones giving the neighborhood a bit of trouble. Might you know anything that would help us, big guy?" Leroy said, amiably.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 20:55, Tue 20 Aug 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 47 posts
 Adventuress
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 07:32
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 131):

Anita starts, before returning.

"Oh, of course. Excuse my memory, but Renolan was the one that asked us for help. Which of the other serving folk were here?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 78 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 21 Aug 2019
at 08:20
New in Town
"Maddo, and his friends are concerned with the harassment given them, around their neighborhood, and their livelihoods are disrupted. Sooner or later, someone is likely to be hurt, or killed, as this fire has escalated matters from vandalism."
Leroy explains.
Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 2 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 01:50
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 136):

The large man breaks into a wide smile full of crooked teeth.
In a deep and booming voice, he responds;

"I am Gordab. And your name? I have not seen that kind of trouble, but maybe  because it has not happened to me."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:12, Mon 26 Aug 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 79 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 06:42
New in Town
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 137):
"I'm Leroy, and this is Anita, and the pixie is Rosewood. Marcus, and Wiley."

Leroy introduces everyone in the group.
Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 3 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Mon 26 Aug 2019
at 13:14
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 138):

"Well met then. I had heard of petty vandals marking the building, but little else."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:52, Wed 28 Aug 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 49 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 27 Aug 2019
at 07:24
New in Town
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 139):

"I think it was before your time. Perhaps we need to ask those ladies over there by the Wastrels Hope?" She moves over to the girls eyeing off Gordab.

"You gents remember anything about the fire here recently? You don't seem the type who likes non-humans too much..."

This message was last edited by the player at 06:57, Thu 29 Aug 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6707 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 28 Aug 2019
at 20:53
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 140):

It is three men who are eyeing him, and shoving eachother a bit.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 80 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 01:00
New in Town
"Who are those fellows, yonder? They look like they are daring each other to issue forth some fightin' words, but nobody has the sand to speak up. Ha!"
Leroy nodded to the ogrekin, and towards the group across the street.
"What's wrong with this neighborhood? Why is everyone so uptight??"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:02, Thu 29 Aug 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 50 posts
 Adventuress
Thu 29 Aug 2019
at 06:58
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 142):

Comments above edited accordingly...
Purist
 NPC, 1 post
 Radical racist
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 14:40
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 143):

I the end the smaller of the three squares his shoulders and marches over. He stops a yard from Gorab and spits on his shoes.
"Get outta my neighborhood ya damb half-breed!"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 81 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 16:06
New in Town
"Well..Well..Well! The prey runs right into our hands! Looks like we've found some of you swine who are responsible for the troubles we've been hired to investigate, and you've saved us the trouble of tracking you down ourselves!" Leroy raises his scaled fists, ready to fight!

This message was lightly edited by the player at 16:06, Fri 30 Aug 2019.

Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 4 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:13
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 145):

The enormous musician punches the man in the face, and tries to hit him again, but the purist, bleeding from his nose, stumbles, and the swing misses.
Rosewood
 player, 25 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 19:25
New in Town
Rosewood drifts out of sight.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:29, Fri 30 Aug 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 82 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 30 Aug 2019
at 21:46
New in Town
17:43, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 7 using 1d6+2. From 2 yards,Drop Kick damage: 1d-2+4 (brawling +1, and heavy boots+3).
17:35, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 13 using 3d6.  Drop Kick - 14 (Brawling -1).

With a battle cry, Leroy rushes forward, and drop kicks the bastard!
"Have at you, swine!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:55, Fri 30 Aug 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 51 posts
 Adventuress
Sat 31 Aug 2019
at 00:27
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 148):

Anita likewise tries to dissapear from sight...utilizing the distraction.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 13 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 31 Aug 2019
at 14:37
New in Town
Marcus holds back waiting to see what happens.  The big guy can probably handle himself.  He watches the purists companions to see what they do.
Wiley Filcher
 player, 15 posts
 swashbuckler
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 07:55
New in Town
Wiley, seeing the trouble, puts the coin he was manipulating back in its pocket, loosens his saber in its sheath and draws his throwing knife trying to be stealthy and keep it tucked behind his arm, but instead drops it on the ground with a clatter.


00:52, Today: Wiley Filcher rolled 17 using 3d6.  sleight of hand, keep drawn knife hidden, 13.
Purist thug
 NPC, 1 post
 Radical racist bruiser
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 16:20
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 150):

The larger of the man's companions starts forward, and falls flat on his face. Tne other, a shoelace trailing, advances, club in hand.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 83 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 16:25
New in Town
Leroy kneels, on his way up on his feet.
Purist
 NPC, 2 posts
 Radical racist
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 17:16
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 148):

The mqn Leroy kicked is on the ground, with blood leaking from one end, and urine from the other.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:08, Tue 03 Sept 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 14 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 2 Sep 2019
at 22:35
New in Town
Marcus attempts a quickshot action the thug with the club.  He fires at the hand with the club...

Quick shot - 13 or less to hit hand


18:03, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 10 using 3d6.  Fast draw arrow 15 or less.

17:20, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 13 using 3d6.  Quick ready roll#1 15 or less.

17:22, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 14 using 3d6.  Quick shot roll#2 15 or less.

Missed by 1....

Marcus scowls at the miss.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:44, Mon 02 Sept 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 52 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 07:53
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 155):

Anita calmly draws her crossbow and cocks it, before finally loading it. If she needs to...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 84 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 12:46
New in Town
Leroy stands up.
Purist thug
 NPC, 2 posts
 Radical racist bruiser
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:10
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 155):

The brute scowls as the arrow sinks into his club, and slides his hand down it, snapping off both halves of the arrow. He isn't  a small man.

The other man gets to his knees and is cursing that he isnt wearing boots.

Shoes around here are rather sock like and lace closed in the front, without tongues. Boots are a little thicker, heavy boots are boiled leather.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:13, Tue 03 Sept 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 53 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 3 Sep 2019
at 20:37
New in Town
In reply to Purist thug (msg # 158):

Anita raises her loaded crossbow, aiming at the vitals of the biggest thug.

"I don't want to get involved, as that usually results in removal of all witnesses, permanently. But we need to discuss this. So, who wants to be permanently removed, and who wants to discuss this like civilized folk?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 85 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 05:21
New in Town
"Not only can you not best us, but you'll be dead soon, if you continue to resist. The guild is involved now, and you'd best cease this trouble making, if you know what's good for you! You'll wish the Gendarmes had chosen to get involved, rather than us!"
Leroy places his hand on his axe's haft, and points with his free hand, menacingly.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:22, Wed 04 Sept 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 54 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 07:49
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 160):

"No they wont. They wont wish anything, because they will be dead if I have to get involved. I will see to that..."
Rosewood
 player, 26 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 16:47
New in Town
PM
Purist thug
 NPC, 3 posts
 Radical racist bruiser
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 17:54
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 162):

The kneeling thug curses as his club rolls away.

The other one looks over the lot of you and frowns
"Every last one of you has the taint! Not a one of you is pure! Miscegenation of the blood! Bards be damned, the race needs to be pure."
Anita Drake
 player, 55 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 4 Sep 2019
at 20:24
New in Town
In reply to Purist thug (msg # 163):

"Sure. So do I need to kill you to end this, or you going to come down to the Haderaum to discuss this?"

She keeps the crossbow pointed at his chest. His heart, to be exact, but from a distance.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 86 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 01:48
New in Town
In reply to Purist thug (msg # 163):
"Pure? This is a cosmopolitan city, and that isn't likely to change...
You sound like another cult, sounding off like that. Nothing wrong with a little admixture, here and there. If you have no other issues, other than who's mixing with who, you should really find some. The guild has taken an interest that you do... and fast."

Purist thug
 NPC, 4 posts
 Radical racist bruiser
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 01:54
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 164):

"And I have done what? I speak my piece while this obscenity beats an unaemed man into unconsciousness, and I have the nerve to carry a stick while you are firing arrows? I think the gendarmes would see my side of this!"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 87 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 02:01
New in Town
In reply to Purist thug (msg # 166):

"What did you think would happen, approaching with hostility? Approaching man-mountain here, and an armed group? Are you mad? Spitting upon someone's shoe??"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:54, Thu 05 Sept 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 56 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 10:39
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 167):

"Not to mention burning down a house..."
Purist thug
 NPC, 5 posts
 Radical racist bruiser
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 17:29
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 168):

"I am coming to collect my buddy and take him to a healer. I don't know nuthin' about no house fire."


His other companion is trying to untie his shoes, which seem to have been tied together.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:31, Thu 05 Sept 2019.

Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 5 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 17:33
New in Town
In reply to Purist thug (msg # 169):

The large musician checks his cello for damage, glares at the cowed bullies, and heads over to the monastery cum boarding house.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 15 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 18:04
New in Town
Marcus looks grimly at the large man,"You are lucky I was aiming for you hand scoundrel....our else you would have the silence of death.  Drop your weapon or be slain next time."

[Marcus Blackthorn rolled 9 using 3d6.  Fast draw arrow 15 or less] Marcus fast draws another arrow.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:05, Thu 05 Sept 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 88 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 19:28
New in Town
"Take your friend, but be warned..We're onto you purists, and your harassing of the faeblood artisans and merchants. If there's reprisals, and once again we have to come out, there will be hell to pay!"
Anita Drake
 player, 58 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 20:04
New in Town
In reply to Purist thug (msg # 169):

"You do that. Take them and heal them, and tell your friends that killing folk by burning the house down around them is not going to fly here. The dead have rich relatives who will get to the bottom of this..."

She hopes the others will not correct her...
Rosewood
 player, 27 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 5 Sep 2019
at 21:10
New in Town
PM
Purist thug
 NPC, 6 posts
 Radical racist bruiser
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 02:19
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 174):

The two large men hoist up their battered friend and glare at you, although a little puzzled at Anita's last comment, as nothing has been burned down. Their clubs were cheap hunks of wood, and hardly worth their trouble to pick back up.
Anita Drake
 player, 59 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 05:46
New in Town
In reply to Purist thug (msg # 175):

Anita lowers her crossbow and returns it to her back only as they leave.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 90 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 10:06
New in Town
As they leave, Leroy comes close to the others, and speaks so only the huddle can hear him: "Nice job with the pixie handiwork, Rosewood. Do you think you could follow them back to their hideout? No way they would see you! Then, if they step out of line again, we'll know where to take the fight! We'll wait for you across the street, in yon tavern. What do you say, Rosewood?"

This message was last edited by the player at 10:08, Fri 06 Sept 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 28 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 14:10
New in Town
A voice come out of nowhere.
I will do my best.  Not sure how long it will take but I get back to you when I sure I have the right place.

The little Pixie voice's had a hint of pride in it that his hard work was notice and valued.


This message was last edited by the player at 14:13, Fri 06 Sept 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 91 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 14:25
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 178):
"Yeah! Hey, I'd like to buy that big fellow a drink. Where'd he go? Seems like a good guy, and would make a good bulldog for this place, when we need to leave, now that he's aware of how bad it's become around here."

Leroy looks around.
"Hey Gordab!"
Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 6 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 15:43
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 179):

"Huh?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 92 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 15:56
New in Town
"Hey, wanna drink with us, across the street? I'll buy us a jug!"
Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 7 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Fri 6 Sep 2019
at 17:42
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 181):

"Uh, sure."


The large fellow ambles over to the Wastrel's Hope.


Anita is immediately  noticed by the purists, one of whom flips her off, (from range).
Rosewood, unseen, follows them.
Anita Drake
 player, 61 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 01:07
New in Town
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 182):

Anita returns the hand signal, hoping her distraction has at least assisted Rosewood, and returns to the others.

"You seen those guys before?" she asks Gordab.
Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 8 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 20:21
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 183):

"Dunno. Lotta them look the same."

As you approach the Wastrel's Hope, three men stagger out. They look like they were beaten badly, one is missing teeth.
Anita Drake
 player, 62 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 22:15
New in Town
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 184):

"A lot of fights around here. What happened with you three?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 93 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 7 Sep 2019
at 23:04
New in Town
"Looks like we missed all the fun!"
Ruffian
 NPC, 13 posts
 Common robber
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 19:26
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 185):

"It was an unfair fight.
There were five of them, two in heavy armor,"

Says this kid with split knuckles and a black eye.
"They took our stuff!
 You want to give us a hand getting it back? They had some nice gear."

You notice he and the others have empty scabbards.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 95 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:07
New in Town
Leroy despises scum, and knows it, when he sees it. (quirk)
"Those two in heavy armor looked to be knights, and two women, and their dwarf bodyguard. I expect you knaves got what was coming to you!"
Anita Drake
 player, 63 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:10
New in Town
In reply to Ruffian (msg # 187):

"What was the fight about? You were armed, we notice..."
Ruffian
 NPC, 14 posts
 Common robber
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:53
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 188):

"We was just sitting there with some drinks when they rolled up on us, held us at bowpoint, beat on us, and robbed us!"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 98 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 8 Sep 2019
at 20:58
New in Town
Leroy shakes his head.
Anita Drake
 player, 64 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 9 Sep 2019
at 08:23
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 191):

"In broad daylight, in a pub? That does not sound right...who else was around who saw that?"
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 16 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 12:52
New in Town
Marcus looks at the 2 kids suspiciously as he continues listening to the conversation.
Ruffian
 NPC, 15 posts
 Common robber
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 19:57
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 193):

There are three. Two bulky, one a little leaner, with a swollen jaw and missing front teeth. His cl9ak is torn.

"What? Our word as men not good enough? Those women, they were saphique, and the knights, and probably the musician, all chetiffe. This is not natural! They stole our weapons!"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:49, Thu 12 Sept 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 65 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 20:14
New in Town
In reply to Ruffian (msg # 194):

"Sure, sure. But if you speak the truth, there should be no trouble verifying what you have said. Come lets talk to some witnesses."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 99 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 11 Sep 2019
at 21:54
New in Town
"Yes, let's ask the barkeep."
Ruffian
 NPC, 16 posts
 Common robber
Thu 12 Sep 2019
at 01:51
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 196):

"Let's not. I owe him some money"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 100 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 12:43
New in Town
"Well, if he saw you three get robbed just now, I'm sure he'd understand why you're short on coin... Besides, we're on an assignment in this neighborhood, for the guild, and we want to ask him some questions about an attempted arson across the street at the boarding house...You know anything about that?" 
08:48, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 12 using 3d6.  carousing ~ 14.
"If you answer some questions, and help enlighten us about some of the local toughs in this neighborhood, I'll buy you drinks, and maybe I can help you three find some honest work, as it seems you've just fallen on hard times."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:53, Fri 13 Sept 2019.

Ruffian
 NPC, 17 posts
 Common robber
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 20:26
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 198):

The tall, thin one one with the swollen jaw and missing teeth gestures no, trying notbto move his head.
"I need to thee a healer, an to fix my theeth. Ah thing he neeths a healer too, they beat hith ath in. The bith with the bow dih thith to me."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 101 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 21:24
New in Town
"Whoever the healer is in this neighborhood, is having a fine day! Au revoir,Monsieur Voyou!"
Leroy will head for the barkeep.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Fri 13 Sept 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 66 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 13 Sep 2019
at 22:06
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 200):

"Fine, guess we can't help you much if we can't determine the facts from others then."

Anita will go down the street a little in the same direction as the other ruffians went, slowly, to see where these guys are headed if they leave.
Narrator
 GM, 6798 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 14:24
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 201):

The trio stagger away, occasionally glancing back in your direction, but seem to be heading in the opposite direction from the men you fought with.
Anita Drake
 player, 67 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 20:05
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 202):

Anita will follow them, to be sure staying out of sight.
Ruffian
 NPC, 18 posts
 Common robber
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 22:04
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 203):

The three make their way to a run down set of row houses, and enter, and you can hear them making their way up the stairs inside. The building is narrow and about three stories high, with an attic, and a visible basement apartment. It looks kind of seedy, and leans into the adjacent buildings.
The basement appears occupied, and the first floor has a tailor's shop adjacent to the stairs.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 102 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 15 Sep 2019
at 22:05
New in Town
Sure Anita could take care of herself, and that everyone knew where to meet back, Leroy sought out the barkeep and was ready to socialize and drink, in the meanwhile.
"Come on, let's get a table, and I'll order us some wine!"
JeanPaul
 NPC, 43 posts
 burly bartender
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 00:39
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 205):

The bartender of the Wastrel's Hope looks up at you.
"What'll it be?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 103 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 16 Sep 2019
at 01:01
New in Town
"Bring us a half gallon pitcher of your table wine, and a basket of bread and cheese, Monsieur...Say, what happened in here? Those knights, dwarf, and women left here, and then when we got here, a group of ruffians had told us, the lot of them, had robbed them. A likely story, Me thinks! 'Twould seem it was those three who tried to rob them, and got a sound thrashing themselves!"

This message was last edited by the player at 13:53, Tue 17 Sept 2019.

JeanPaul
 NPC, 44 posts
 burly bartender
Tue 17 Sep 2019
at 21:58
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 207):

"To hear the knights tell it, the ladies and the dwarf had been jumped by those three the night before, and took their stuff. Those three hada wand and a
Lute... I never seen any of those three as minstrels, just drinkers and gamblers. Eft a mess in the back room, blood and teeth.
he brings over a pitcher of sour young wine and the bread and cheese, a bit runny and a little stale.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 104 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 18 Sep 2019
at 01:25
New in Town
Leroy lays a stack of ten copper coins on the bar. (OOC should cover the cost of the wine, two cheap meals, and a $1 tip)
"There's these fellows about who don't cotton to half-bloods and there was an arson attempt at the boarding house across the street, and some graffiti left as a warning. We just had a tussle with some of them outside..Do you know anything about those guys, in the neighborhood?"
JeanPaul
 NPC, 45 posts
 burly bartender
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 13:04
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 209):

"There are jackholes aplenty in this part of town. We get all types in here, mostly for the dart games, but generally they get along, unlike those three and the knights earlier."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 105 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 14:36
New in Town
Leroy nodded and laughed at the "jackholes aplenty" remark.
"Thanks, Barkeep."
Leroy took some of the sub-par food and wine, more happy to be carousing, than with it.
"Help yourselves, friends. You too, Gordab. Say, where'd you learn to play that thing, you pretty good?"
Leroy nods to Gordab's Cello
Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 9 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 15:39
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 211):

"When I was small, my father brought it round. Hadn't seen him in a while, had a sister not long after. He stayed and taught me."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 106 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 20 Sep 2019
at 15:51
New in Town
Leroy spread some of the slightly runny cheese on the slightly stale bread, and tasted the young wine.
"Perhaps you'll play us tune!"
Leroy was trying to have a good time, and liven things up.
"Are you with the guild?."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:41, Thu 26 Sept 2019.

Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 10 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:07
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 213):

The ogrekin tucks the bass fiddle under his chin and begints to play and sing. His voice is melodious, deep and piercing.
Anita Drake
 player, 68 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:30
New in Town
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 214):

Anita returns to the others once she has seen where they went.
Rosewood
 player, 31 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:32
New in Town
Rosewood appear high up near a window looking out over the town.
He waves to the others.  He is resting and waiting to be called over to talk to them.
Anita Drake
 player, 69 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:36
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 216):

Anita will go over to Rosewood, and describe where the group she shadowed went.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 107 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 22 Sep 2019
at 20:38
New in Town
Leroy claps and stamps his foot, in time with the music.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 17 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 13:14
New in Town
Marcus spots the targets on the wall  and paces himself back far enough to make it challenging and begins practicing.
Narrator
 GM, 6833 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Sep 2019
at 21:14
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 219):

Make three rolls. Center hit is -10, rings are -8,-6,-4,-2, 0


Anita and Rosewood meet up, Rosewood make a per roll to see where Marcus and Leroy are.
Rosewood
 player, 32 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 26 Sep 2019
at 19:04
New in Town
Rosewood starts to explain to Anita what he see and found out however the little fairy keep his ears and eyes open.

OOC:
20:01, Today: Rosewood rolled 7 using 3d6.  Perception check .

Narrator
 GM, 6837 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 01:00
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 221):

Rosewood certainly saw Leroy and Marcus enter the bar in the company of a large ogrekin carrying a bass fiddle.  The tavern they entered has a sign showing a hand reaching into a purse with a hole in the bottom.  There is also a fairly fresh trail of blood leaving the tavern.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 18 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 28 Sep 2019
at 20:38
New in Town
Marcus paces himself back a decent distance and ....takes aim for 3 seconds each shot


16:35, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 11 using 3d6.  Target practice #3 +3 aim 3 seonds +2 acc (21 or less).

16:35, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 9 using 3d6.  Target practice #2 +3 aim 3 seonds +2 acc (21 or less). Bullseye

16:34, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 10 using 3d6.  Target practice roll #1 aimed for 3 seconds +3 to hit. bullseye
Anita Drake
 player, 72 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 20:32
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 222):

Were the locations Anita and Rosewood described the same in geographical terms?
Narrator
 GM, 6849 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 21:59
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 224):

The purists were to the north and east, the other three west southwest.

A dart platyer who is having his lunch lets out a whistle as Marcus nearly telescopes his arrows.
"Nice grouping!"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 108 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 29 Sep 2019
at 22:15
New in Town
Leroy spots the others, and waves Rosewood over.
"Hey Rosewood! Have some of this baguette and Camembert! There's some wine. Have a dram or three, I prithee!"
Leroy calls over the music.
Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 11 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 19:32
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 226):

The oversize musician pauses to drink a flagon of the weak ale that JeanPaul brews.
Anita Drake
 player, 73 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 21:10
New in Town
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 227):

"So it would seem we have some purists and some bandits here. Not sure I see any link. What to do about the purists?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 109 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 30 Sep 2019
at 21:57
New in Town
"Jackholes a'plenty!"
Leroy raised a mock toast, and drained his cup.
JeanPaul
 NPC, 46 posts
 burly bartender
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 18:13
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 229):

"Jackholes indeed! There are enough of them about. Don't know of any purists drinking here though."
Anita Drake
 player, 74 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 4 Oct 2019
at 22:22
New in Town
In reply to JeanPaul (msg # 230):

"What about working in this area?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 110 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 5 Oct 2019
at 05:59
New in Town
"So, did did you manage to track those jackholes back to their fish-barrel?" Leroy grinned, speaking to the pixie.
JeanPaul
 NPC, 47 posts
 burly bartender
Thu 10 Oct 2019
at 04:56
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 231):

"I work here, live upstairs, shop ev3ry few days for foodstuff, and my hard liquor guy delivers. I don't get out much to see who works where. Get me some help cleaning up and I could."
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 19 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 11 Oct 2019
at 23:09
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 226):

Marcus walks over to the target and pulls each arrow out turns to the dart player nodding in appreciation.
Narrator
 GM, 6885 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 04:49
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 234):

Rosewood, slightly out of breath, prepares to say something.
Rosewood
 player, 34 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 12 Oct 2019
at 18:35
New in Town
The little fairy tries to settle down and tries to talk slowly.

I found.  I followed them.  I know where they are.
He then collects himself and tries to speak again.

I followed the 3 humans.  They move to a place a little way away.
They went down into a basement of a place called Rathskellar.
It has a "Stolz Blut" that shows a red drop with a crown on the sign.
Several others enter the place after them.   Mostl where Aralaise males.
I did see one blonde female.

I decided to return to the group after a little while of watching from a safe place.  To tell you what i found.
I could have tried to get inside but there are limits to my magic and I thought it was best to let you know what I found.  Better than trying get inside  and getting trapped in the basement them alone.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:29, Wed 30 Oct 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 111 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 00:42
New in Town
"Fine Job! Excellent work! We should go check it out,after we finish our repast."
Leroy turns to the ogre kin.
"Well, those are the jackholes, that insulted you and us, and attempted a fire at the place where you live, Gordab. Wanna come with us? If you're busy, I understand."

He looks for a guild badge on the big guy, anyplace.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:43, Sun 13 Oct 2019.

Gordab Bardson
 NPC, 12 posts
 Ogrekin Minstrel
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 04:11
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 237):

"Gotta gig to play, need the coin."

This message was lightly edited by the player at 23:33, Tue 15 Oct 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 112 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 13 Oct 2019
at 04:33
New in Town
In reply to Gordab Bardson (msg # 238):
"Well, if you ever need extra coin, you should talk to Vilgar, at the guild.
Good meeting you Gordab! Keep an eye out for trouble in your neighborhood, and we'll keep you posted, when we've settled this, so everyone at the boarding house can relax."

Anita Drake
 player, 75 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 00:56
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 239):

"Cool. Lets head on over there to check them out. Likely they will get nasty,, so we need to be prepared."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 113 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 10:57
New in Town
When the drink and vittles have been consumed, Leroy is ready to face what's next.
Narrator
 GM, 6901 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 15 Oct 2019
at 23:35
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 241):

Food consumed, you Marcus, Anita and Rosewood are ready to go

If anyone has seen Wiley, him too.
Narrator
 GM, 6921 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 18 Oct 2019
at 16:43
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 242):

Where to proceed from here?
Anita Drake
 player, 76 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 09:06
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 243):

To the place Rosewood tracked the jerks back to.
Rosewood
 player, 35 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 10:20
New in Town
My I suggest Rosewood scouts ahead and find a safe place for the group to watch the place first.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 114 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 24 Oct 2019
at 10:46
New in Town
Excellent Idea.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 20 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 14:41
New in Town
Marcus gestures to the door and mutters,"Lead on little one."
Narrator
 GM, 6946 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 25 Oct 2019
at 20:54
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 247):

You make your way several blocks into the maze of alleyways and espy the painted sign of a crowned blood drop beside the stairs leading into the rathskellar that Rosewood followed the purists to. The area looks relatively clean, although there are some broadsheets tacked about that look like they were made from a woodblock print.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 21 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 01:27
New in Town
Marcus whispers to Rosewood"How many did you see go in...9,10, a score?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 115 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 01:34
New in Town
Curious, Leroy reads one of the postings..
Rosewood
 player, 36 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 09:25
New in Town
Rosewood suggests.

With the group here I can turn invisible for a while and try to see how many in there.
But first what we going to do?  What the plan?  What is our aim?

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 22 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 15:45
New in Town
Marcus looking at others and then back at Rosewood and says,"Perhaps you should spy some more to get an idea if their motivation for these attacks.  It maybe that it is as it appears...then again it may not.  I would hate to start a conflict without knowing the truth nature of it."

This message was last edited by the player at 15:58, Wed 30 Oct 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 116 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 30 Oct 2019
at 15:48
New in Town
"I Agree. Good idea"
Leroy nods.
Narrator
 GM, 6969 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:17
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 250):


When Rosewood came through earlier, there looked to be about half a dozen of the rough looking fellows, including the injured one, plus the blond woman.

The broadsheet seems to have been printed from a fine woodcut, and says

  THEY TAKE OUR JOBS
      AND STEAL OUR WOMEN
THEY ARE UNNATURAL AND MUST BE STOPPED!
     FAE HALFBLOODS ARE A CRIME
     AGAINST MAN AND NATURE!
     SAVE OUR WAY OF LIFE
       PURIFY THE BLOOD
     END MISCEGENATION NOW!


     SUPPORTING HALFLING ABOMINATIONS
     MAKES YOU AN ENEMY OF HUMANITY!

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:06, Sat 02 Nov 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 37 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:29
New in Town
Rosewood looks at notice.
He reads it over and over again.
Turning around to the others he scratches his head.

Don't they know that humans are sup species of the Fae?
That we all related.  That why two humanoids of any time can have children.
We all same blood.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 117 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 2 Nov 2019
at 16:34
New in Town
Frowning at the contents of what he'd read, Leroy removes the handbill, folds up, and keeps it, as it may be useful "evidence", later...
"I feel we can burst in on them, and confront them here, in their den. What say the rest of ye? Rosewood can turn invisible, and sow chaos and mischief, as we take them, and any more evidence we may find within, into custody. These are clearly evil people, with murderous intent. Steel yourselves, my friends... What we find within isn't bound to be pleasant.."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:36, Sat 02 Nov 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 23 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 5 Nov 2019
at 18:31
New in Town
Marcus nods in agree at Leroy's plan and notches an arrow onto his bow.  Waiting for the others to prepare.
Narrator
 GM, 6987 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 6 Nov 2019
at 22:44
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 257):

You see the inner shutters to the barred window by the entrance close.
Anita Drake
 player, 77 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 04:12
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 258):

"Perhaps you are right. But then again, are we fighting individuals, or an idea? Don't we prove them right if we bust in and kill them because of their thinking? Will that not create more that think as they do?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 118 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 06:33
New in Town
"We're fighting both. These sub-humans and their ideology are mad dogs, and a manifesto of pure hatred, Mademoiselle Drake."
Leroy said matter-of-factly.
"Besides..."
He continued,
"I doubt they can be negotiated with, and we have no diplomats among us.
I'll bet this whole thing started, over one of these peckerwoods getting rebuffed by one of our fair folk. They want a fight, and now they have one!"

Anita Drake
 player, 78 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 09:22
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 260):

"Perhaps true. But then, if they are criminals, why not get evidence and use the law as the hammer? If we get into a fight getting evidence, so be it, but to fight for the sake of it makes us no better. Lets be better than them, not just stronger."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 119 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 7 Nov 2019
at 10:07
New in Town
"Sensible. Alright..Let's see what Rosewood can tell us about the inside, or any plots he overhears brewing...Before we do anything severe."
Narrator
 GM, 6992 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 14:47
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 261):

From what the landlady said, it would appear that the gendarmes are disinclined to police this area, and in particular, seem adverse toward doing anything on behalf of non humans or those of mixed blood.

Also someone carrying thieves tools really should not be looking for the attention of law enforcement.



Ahem, this is a job for Player Characters!


A lair need not be entered if you can coax the occupants out...
Anita Drake
 player, 79 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 8 Nov 2019
at 23:30
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 263):

Several good points, especially as there are some capable characters around. Setting an ambush out side and then letting rednecks be rednecks might just be the proof we need to invite serious characters from the guild...especially hot headed fey...
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 24 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 16:33
New in Town
Marcus looks for a vantage point he can use to be able to cover the rest of the party with his bow.

Ooc:23:10, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 8 using 3d6. Tactics

Ooc:you will notice i accidentally rolled 3 times.  Took the first which happened to make tactics by 1.  Posting by phone is challenging


.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:15, Sun 10 Nov 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 40 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 16:57
New in Town
Rosewood cast spell to make himself invisible and tries to sneak into the building.

OOC:
16:55, Today: Rosewood rolled 10 using 3d6.  Cast Spell Invisible NT 15.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 120 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 9 Nov 2019
at 17:13
New in Town
Leroy readies his shield and axe, and finds a place to spring an ambush.
12:11, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 11 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 13. -2 from armor 11, or less, succeeded.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:45, Sat 16 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7007 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 12 Nov 2019
at 00:36
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 266):

Rosewood vanishes from sight. From this side of the building, there is the front door, which jangles a bell when opened, and the barred window, which you could fit through if not for the shutters. There may be a rear entrance, but you don't know where it would be.

Leroy slinks down  the steps, which lead to a 4 foot wide landing that also passes in front of the window. (So 3 yards by 4 feet  about 1 foot, 1 yard window, 1 foot, yard wide door, 1 foot, the door can swing open and just miss the stairs.)

This entrance is a choke point, and while that would make it dangerous for you to enter, those leaving face the same problem, especially  since they are facing up a flight of stairs... the spot Leroy in is not the best, as he could quickly be cornered... anyone opening the door in the other direction would be in a tight spot, but could not be attacked by anyone not above ground (safe from tjose on the other side of the door).

This is not a job for tougher people from the guild. This is now.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 25 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 13 Nov 2019
at 19:55
New in Town
Marcus looks for a spot across from that would supply a reasonable amount of cover and allow him to cover his companions with his bow.
Narrator
 GM, 7018 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 15 Nov 2019
at 17:27
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 269):

The best spot, that would put you out of direct attack from the window if the shutters were opened, would be on the roof of a two story house diagonally across from the rathskellar. It would leave you at -3 to hit, but anyone shooting from the window would be at -4.
Anita Drake
 player, 80 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 08:43
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 270):

Anita looks for a building that seems empty from which she could snipe with a crossbow and then hide...
Narrator
 GM, 7022 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 15:33
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 271):

This part of the neighborhood is occupied; the houses, and many have barred windows.
 You could join Marcus on the rooftop, each of you needs to make a climbing roll to get up there.
Anita Drake
 player, 81 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 16 Nov 2019
at 19:06
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 272):

Anita likes the idea of sticking together and follows Marcus with some difficulty.
Narrator
 GM, 7029 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 16:50
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 273):

Snipers in position,  do we go for the door?
Rosewood
 player, 41 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 17:41
New in Town
OOC:
Does Rosewood have enough energy to appear then disappear?
Also is the blond lady in the room still?

Leroy du Lac
 player, 121 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 18:55
New in Town
Waiting on rosewood's report of what's inside...if there is damning evidence, or if any evil plans are overheard, it'll be gung-ho, into the breech lads!
Rosewood
 player, 42 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:24
New in Town
Or could I sneak back out talk to other.
Rest and sneak back in.
Narrator
 GM, 7033 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 20:36
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 275):

Rosewood is invisible, [and can spend 1 point of FP to cancell before a minute passes] and is still outside, the door needs to be open for him to get inside.
The door has a bell that jangles inside when the door opens or slams shut.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 26 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sun 17 Nov 2019
at 22:52
New in Town
Occ: can Rosewood fly up an end of a Rope that Marcus has so it's easier to climb?  I'd rather him not fall while climbing

This message was last edited by the player at 23:08, Sun 17 Nov 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 82 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 03:15
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 279):

Anita climbed up already. Seeing Marcus unsure, she smirks and lowers him a rope...assuming he throws it up to her first.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 27 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 18 Nov 2019
at 12:25
New in Town
Seeing Anita is already he starts to climb.


07:23, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 13 using 3d6.  Climbing 12 or less

Missed by 1.

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 00:29, Tue 19 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7040 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 00:32
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 281):

With the rope, he gets up, but knocks off a roof tile noisily.

Both archers are in position, you are good to go.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:30, Thu 21 Nov 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 28 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 19 Nov 2019
at 01:21
New in Town
Marcus swears under his breath at making a racket and gets into position.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 122 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 20 Nov 2019
at 23:28
New in Town
Leroy notes the shuttered window, if it could be opened for Rosewood, rather than trying the belled door...
Narrator
 GM, 7050 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 16:37
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 284):

Opening it through the barrs could be a little tricky, especially if they latched it.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 123 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 22:31
New in Town
("So much for the stealthy approach.")Oo Leroy thought. Hoping rosewood was watching nearby, he waved  and after a moment, opens the door!
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 29 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 21 Nov 2019
at 22:39
New in Town
Marcus notches an arrow and aims door.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:53, Fri 22 Nov 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 83 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 06:30
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 287):

Crossbow bolt loaded, Anita also aims at the door, bracing the crossbow on the roof as she lay down to do so.
Purist
 NPC, 3 posts
 Radical racist
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 21:06
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 288):

The door opens, and one of the purists, wearing a blood drop armband looks out angrily
"Private club! Now screw off!"

Rosewood can zip in over his shoulder with a stealth roll, but be aware of the archers!
Anita Drake
 player, 84 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 22:38
New in Town
In reply to Purist (msg # 289):

Anita will aim carefully at the purists heart, waiting for a reason to let fly...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 124 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 22 Nov 2019
at 23:41
New in Town
Stepping aside and holding the door open,Leroy stalls for a moment longer to speak, seemingly compliantly to give the invisible Rosewood, better access:
"Oh? My mistake. I'm new in town. Au revoir!"
After that, Leroy smiles sheepishly, closing his eyes a moment.
He then turns and exits.
(Hope that got you inside Rosewood...We're counting on you!)Oo Leroy thought, as he headed back to the street. He leaves the stairway, and moves to the corner of the building instead, leaving it open for the archers, without potentially leaving himself cornered,later.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 23:41, Fri 22 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7067 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 20:44
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 291):

Leroy is givingthe purists cover,and the archers a-3 to hit, miss by that much, and he becomes the target.

This message was last updated by the GM at 20:44, Tue 26 Nov 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 85 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 25 Nov 2019
at 23:11
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 292):

Anita is not planning on shooting unless it is needed, in which case she would expect Leroy to have the good sense to get out of the way! Is he in the way of the vitals, or would aiming for the vitals cover that same penalty (such as often happens for folk aiming for a head, when the rest of the body has cover)?

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:44, Tue 26 Nov 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7068 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 26 Nov 2019
at 20:45
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 293):

Archers accross the way are at -2 for distance, a head is -5 also, distance plus vitals is -5
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 30 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 29 Nov 2019
at 18:12
New in Town
Marcus's plan is not to kill unless necessary. He gets ready to aim for legs or weapon arms.
Purist
 NPC, 4 posts
 Radical racist
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 20:42
New in Town
Seeing Leroy turn his back and ascend the stairs, two men barrel out, and ome lunges at Leroy's shins, and slams into him.

Any rolls to defend are at -4. ST check to avoid falling forward,

Now using Fantastic Dungeon Grappling rules:
The purist has 5 control points on you, and needs to do an amount equal to your Basic Lift to have you pinned.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 125 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 22:12
New in Town
17:06, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 6 using 3d6.  block ~ 12 (-4, 8 or less to defend)
17:14, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  strength ~ 13 (taking the charge, resisting knockback).


Leroy uncannily turns, and blocks the charge with his shield, and stands firm!
"Attacking me from behind, trying to knock me down the stairs!? Expect no mercy, curs!"
Leroy raises his boarding axe, with it's back-spike, poised to strike a deadly blow!
"Nyyyyahhhhh!"

This message was last edited by the player at 22:15, Sat 30 Nov 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 31 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 30 Nov 2019
at 23:14
New in Town
Marcus fires an arrow in charging man #2's leg....

18:12, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 7 using 3d6.  Attack roll to leg of charging man # 2 (+2 for aim with heroic archer -2 to hit the leg 14 or less).

Damage:

18:15, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 9 using 1d6+3.  Damage to leg 1d6+3 imp.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:16, Sat 30 Nov 2019.

Purist
 NPC, 5 posts
 Radical racist
Sun 1 Dec 2019
at 18:48
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 298):

Leroy make a dex-2 check for bad footing, turning on steps.

The arrow whistles by Leroy's cloak, and strikes the man in the thigh, apparently striking an artery, and the man falls over, grabbing hold of the edge of the wall by the steps, and still knocked to his knees.

Reanna has a partially clear shot at the next, at -4 (distance plus Leroy)
Rosewood can get a quick count: there are about 18 of the armband wearing purists, and most are facing the rear of the rathskellar, where a beautiful blond woman is speaking fervently to them.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:33, Wed 04 Dec 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 126 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 00:01
New in Town
18:56, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 5 (x2) using 2d6-1.  axe swung, using the back spike. 2d-1 impaling to torso.
18:54, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  axe ~ 14.
18:52, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  DX ~ 13 (-2, 11 or less).

One leg on the step leading upwards, and the other leg braced not on the next, but the other step after, gives Leroy proper footing. He strikes the other man with his axe!
OOC: Leroy isn't wearing a cloak, but I get the proximity of the arrow! Don't hit me, y'all!

This message was last edited by the player at 00:12, Mon 02 Dec 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 43 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 2 Dec 2019
at 19:39
New in Town
Rosewood tries to sneak in so he can find out more.

OOC:
19:38, Today: Rosewood rolled 12 using 3d6.  Stealth roll DX-5 NT 9.
So that a fail unless the situation covers me.
Another skill I need pick up.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:05, Tue 03 Dec 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 86 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 02:57
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 301):

Anita is not so gentle. Having braced and aimed carefully she fires at the chest of the next one and fires.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 32 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 3 Dec 2019
at 12:55
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 301):

Ooc:  I think you get a bonus due to your small size

This message was last edited by the player at 12:55, Tue 03 Dec 2019.

Purist
 NPC, 6 posts
 Radical racist
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 20:41
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 303):

Rosewoodd's invisible wing brushes against someone's ear, and the offended one swats himself, the turbulence causes Rosewood to spin a little sideways, giving him  a view of two of the men at the door falling over. Most of the others haven't noticed it yet, but the man backhanded with the axe to the torso is bleeding out of his nose and mouth, and the axe sticks in him.

The other man on his knees draws a knife.


Leroy, make a ST roll to get the spike out of his chest.
Rosewood
 player, 44 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 21:01
New in Town
Rosewood carries on his attempt to get into the building.

OOC:
Do you need another roll?

Leroy du Lac
 player, 127 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 4 Dec 2019
at 23:41
New in Town
Leroy rips his axe free, and backs up the stairs. He doesn't like being in the line of fire.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:42, Wed 04 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7096 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 00:12
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 305):

Rosewood successfully cleared the door, and is midway through the rathskellar (which has a low, barrel vaulted ceiling) you got through the door easily, but were mistaken for a mosquito partway in. The assorted purists are grumbling in agreement with the woman standing on a low stool toward the back. She is wearing a red sash with white drops on it, to go with their white armbands with red blood drops.


Make a per roll.
Anita Drake
 player, 87 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 02:16
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 307):

Anita recocks the crossbow and draws another bolt...reloading...

She glances to see how the guy she hits is responding or if...
Rosewood
 player, 45 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 19:52
New in Town
Rosewood does his best to learn as much as he can about the group.
What going on and what the ladies up to.

OOC:
19:52, Today: Rosewood rolled 7 using 3d6.  Per NT 13.

Narrator
 GM, 7100 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 21:09
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 309):

The man with the leg injury goes down hard with a quarrel in the chest.

Two down without engaging those within, but some are starting to tajke notice.


Rosewood notices about half a dozen, are heading toward the door now, and yelling.

He also notices that the lady giving the stirring speech has a shadow that is not quite in synch with her movements.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 33 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 21:31
New in Town
Marcus draws another arrow, notches it to his bow and draws it back to his ear aiming at the doorway....

This message was last edited by the player at 20:32, Sun 08 Dec 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 46 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 5 Dec 2019
at 21:48
New in Town
Rosewood flies up over the shadow the lady has.
Up into the rafters.  He cast light spell on a coin and then drops it where the shadow is hoping to expose it for what it could be.
I.e draw the attention of shadow to the people looking at the lady.
If not her true shadow but some creature the coin will hopefully expose it.

OOC:
21:46, Today: Rosewood rolled 12 using 3d6.  Cast light spell NT13.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:52, Thu 05 Dec 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 128 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 00:05
New in Town
Leroy leaves the stairwell, and heads around the corner of the corner of the building.
Purist
 NPC, 6 posts
 Radical racist
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 20:42
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 312):

The woman's shadow shifts away from the light. It seems a little different from her... make a per check.


There is a great deal of noise behind you, near the entrance!


The purists are turning away from her as someone calls out
"We are under attack! To arms! Defend Maudwyn!"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:42, Fri 06 Dec 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 48 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 22:15
New in Town
OOC:
22:15, Today: Rosewood rolled 9 using 3d6.  Per NT 13.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 129 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 6 Dec 2019
at 22:20
New in Town
01:32, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 5 using 3d6.  overconfidence ~ (11 or less).
Leroy knows if he can keep the high ground, he'll have the advantage. He looks for anything such as rain barrels, he can overturn down the stairwell, and onto his adversaries, to hinder their advancement! Failing that, he won't hesitate to flee! He might be sure of himself, but even he wouldn't be fool enough to take on a whole building, especially as the only melee combatant.

This message was last edited by the player at 06:37, Sat 07 Dec 2019.

Purist
 NPC, 8 posts
 Radical racist
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 21:14
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 316):

There are no easily flingable objects, but there are two of them getting to the door, armed only with clubs. there is a lot of yelling going on below!


Characters in play: Marco, who can be loaded with his next arrow with a fastdraw roll,
Anita, who has three more seconds before she can fire,
Rosewood, who is currently invisible inside the club,

Anyone else still aboard?
Rosewood
 player, 49 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 21:28
New in Town
OOC:
You know Rosewood he doing his pixe thing...

Leroy du Lac
 player, 131 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 21:36
New in Town
Leroy takes this as his cue to leave, before he gets caught up in an angry mob, all by his lonesome. He wasn't crazy, or stupid, and his confidence had it's limits. Today had certainly sent a message, as he had found it necessary to kill a man. It was definitely time to leave!
16:34, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 6 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 14 (-2, armor penalty, 12 or less).
Leroy sneaks away, into the darkness of the evening...
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 34 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 11 Dec 2019
at 23:51
New in Town
Ooc: Marcus already had another arrow loaded and drawn back.
Rosewood
 player, 50 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 12 Dec 2019
at 17:03
New in Town
Rosewood does his best to get out of the house and return to the others.

Once out if he gets out he fly's straight up above the houses and fly's to place he first join up with the others.

OOC:
17:03, Today: Rosewood rolled 11 using 3d6.  Stealth roll DX-5. with size adjustment.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:58, Thu 12 Dec 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 35 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 14 Dec 2019
at 16:49
New in Town
Ooc:11:48, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 14 using 3d6.  Fast draw arrow 15 or less.

Marcus fast draws an arrow and readies it.
Purist
 NPC, 9 posts
 Radical racist
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 00:00
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 322):

Two more pour out of the door, which is open for Rosewood- make a dodge roll to get out-
One steps over his friends to mount the stairs, the other checks to see if they still live.
Rosewood
 player, 52 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 16 Dec 2019
at 09:28
New in Town
Rosewood tries to get past the Purist and out.

OOC:
09:27, Today: Rosewood rolled 11 using 3d6.  dodge 10.

Purist
 NPC, 10 posts
 Radical racist
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 15:07
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 324):

A wing brushes the back of a purist's head, and instinctively he reaches behind to swat at you, slapping the back of his head.  Make another dodge roll to avoid hitting the doorframe on your way out
Rosewood
 player, 53 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 17 Dec 2019
at 16:44
New in Town
OOC:
16:44, Today: Rosewood rolled 13 using 3d6.  dodge 10.

Smack?

Narrator
 GM, 7126 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 16:21
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 326):

Make a HT roll to avoid being stunned, and a will roll to stay invisible. If stunned you may fall...
Make both rolls, you just circle back safely.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:22, Wed 18 Dec 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 54 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 18 Dec 2019
at 21:00
New in Town
Rosewood strength of mind and body seems to have come into its own.
The little pixie seems to be strong that he imaged.
Could this little pixie really be made of adventuring stock.  No that would be impossible.


OOC:
20:56, Today: Rosewood rolled 11 using 3d6.  Will.
20:56, Today: Rosewood rolled 4 using 3d6.  HT.  Rosewood first critical success.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Wed 18 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7134 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 01:49
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 328):

Rosewood recovers half of the FP he was down!

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:42, Fri 20 Dec 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 36 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 19 Dec 2019
at 14:50
New in Town
Marcus targets one of the men's legs leaving the door....

09:49, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 7 using 3d6.  Leg shot 14 or less. Hit

Damage:


09:51, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 6 using 1d6+3.  Damage to leg.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:52, Thu 19 Dec 2019.

Purist
 NPC, 11 posts
 Radical racist
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 14:45
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 330):

Th man staggers and clutches his knee!
Thebother has problems pushing past him, keeping both off of the stairs.

Rosewood, refreshed by an adrenaline surge, can.make another go at the door
 DX-2 roll.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 132 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 15:05
New in Town
Once getting away from the battle, Leroy watches and listens nearby. If a crowd begins to draw on the streets, from the commotion he will blend among them, to observe. With his coif up, he looks like an attractive pure human, for his tell-tale pointed ears, cannot be seen, and those who have seen him moments ago, are now incapacitated or dead.

This message was last updated by the player at 15:05, Fri 20 Dec 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 55 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 16:14
New in Town
Rosewood goes for the door.
This little pixie zips the way and that between the human like he has pure liquid pixie dust for blood.

OOC:
16:11, Today: Rosewood rolled 8 using 3d6.  Dx-2 (12).

Narrator
 GM, 7146 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 20:56
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 333):

Give me movement rstes. You have a 10 second lead vs a gang moving at 6.
Rosewood
 player, 56 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 20 Dec 2019
at 21:02
New in Town
Rosewood fly's upwards and out of the way.

Then returns to place where he meet the others first time around.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 37 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sun 22 Dec 2019
at 15:27
New in Town
Marcus looks at Anita.  "Time to go.  You go first I will cover everyone's retreat.  Tie a rope off on the otherside of the street and leave it for me."

10:28, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 8 using 3d6.  Fast draw arrow 14 or less.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:30, Sun 22 Dec 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 88 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 09:25
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 336):

Can we disappear across the roof to the other side of the houses?
Narrator
 GM, 7154 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 23 Dec 2019
at 20:13
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 337):

Make two climbing rolls and you are good.


Leroy, what is your move?
Leroy du Lac
 player, 133 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 00:52
New in Town
From a darkened alley,Leroy makes his way back to the Wastrel's Hope to rendezvous with the others. He'll also want to give the area a heads up. Someone will come to retaliate, or sue for peace...and knowing this lot, things are about to get uglier than a bubonic trollop.
He puts his axe away, but carries his shield...

This message was last edited by the player at 05:34, Tue 24 Dec 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 38 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 03:51
New in Town
Marcus waits for Anita to retreat then slowly backs away and follows.

22:52, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 15 using 3d6.  Climbing  roll #1 12 or less. And Marcus fails hid first climbing roll


22:53, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 11 using 3d6.  Climbing  roll #2 12 or less. Makes his second.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:54, Tue 24 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7163 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Dec 2019
at 16:15
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 339):

I had been inquiring about your speed. You have a 10 second lead, but at a slower rate.
 if you can roll shadowing (IQ-5 you can shake them, otherwise they catch up shortly before
 you get to the wastrel's hope.



your armored move is 4, theirs is 6, they would be on you in 30 seconds if you don't find a way to lose them.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 134 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 00:07
New in Town
19:03, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  area knowledge (northport) default  (11-4 = 7 or less).

19:01, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 10 using 3d6.  shadowing default (stealth 13 -4 = 9 or
less).

Leroy tries to blend in, but stands out, and doesn't know the area.
gritting his teeth, as he hears them close in, he looks for a suitable choke point, in an alleyway, preferably on high ground, where he can make his stand.  It seems he will be fighting alone, after all...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:08, Wed 25 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7169 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 01:02
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 342):

Tactics or IQ-6 to find a suitably defensible spot on tbe fly.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 135 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 01:25
New in Town
20:20, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 8 using 3d6.  Tactics default (11-6 5 or less (!!!)
Being unfamiliar with the area, Leroy is unable to predetermine any battleground. He settles for brazenly entering anyplace convenient, be it a stables, or even a tavern or shop. He would not be taken alive, and whatever carnage ensued, would at this point, have to be sorted out later. He was looking for a two story or higher building that adjoined another. If he entered a building with multiple escape routes, he could possibly ascend one floor, and climb out a window onto a roof, or an adjoining building, to make good his escape. Or perhaps reduce the number of foes he'd have to face at a time.
Leroy thought, as he prepared for battle.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:56, Wed 25 Dec 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 89 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 25 Dec 2019
at 09:19
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 344):

Anita is still seeing if she can escape over the buildings but she has yet to move...still waiting to hear about her options.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:43, Sat 28 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7174 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 20:43
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake

Make two climbing rolls to get accross the rooftops and down, then shadowing (IQ-5 or stealth-2) to make your way back unseen. You have a 5 second headstart on Leroy, and 15 on the purists, although that breaks even by the time you get off the roof... stealth to not get noticed.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:44, Sat 28 Dec 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 90 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 28 Dec 2019
at 23:15
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 346):

Anita easily makes it across the roof to the next street and climbs down like a shadow...
Narrator
 GM, 7180 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 18:24
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 347):

Marcus takes a spill as he climbs down into the alley beside Anita, taking 5 points crushing before DR
Leroy du Lac
 player, 136 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 29 Dec 2019
at 20:24
New in Town
15:22, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 11 using 3d6.  stealth ~ 14 (-2, armor penalty, 12 or less).

15:21, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 14 using 3d6.  area knowledge (northport) default  (11-4 = 7 or less).

Leroy struggles to get his bearings, but does manage to find a place to hide...
Anita Drake
 player, 91 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 00:01
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 349):

Anita checks those around her before quietly slinking away, watching those around her. She will also keep an eye out for Leroy, to ensure he can get away...
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 39 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 30 Dec 2019
at 00:37
New in Town
Marcus grunts as he pulls himself up off the ground and catching his wind he slowly follows Anita holding his side.

This message was last edited by the player at 16:40, Tue 31 Dec 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 7188 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:17
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 351):

Leroy runs intovthe alley behind the rooming house, between the outhouse and the wall, and slips into the close (an alleyway built over until it becomes a tinnel) between two buildongs.  He can hear his pursuers on the other side of the outhouse,  where laundry is hanging.  From the sound of it, there are three of them.


Anita sldes away, walking along with a rowdy crowd before stepping into a sidestreet.

Marcus stumbles along, grateful that his bow isnt broken, but he may have left an arrow or two behind, and can see the back end of the crowd ahead.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:22, Tue 31 Dec 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 137 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 31 Dec 2019
at 23:27
New in Town
Leroy will position himself on the opposite side of the tunnel, and using it as a choke point, if possible. He could handle 3 of them, if he could control the battlefield! (overconfident)
He thought to himself, as he readied his axe...

This message was last edited by the player at 23:28, Tue 31 Dec 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 92 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 03:23
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 353):

Was Anita able to keep track of Leroy?
Rosewood
 player, 57 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 10:48
New in Town
OOC:
10:47, Today: Rosewood rolled 11 using 3d6.  Stop check to notice Leroy du Lac in trouble.

I leave it to GM to decide if that low enough for rosewood to notice.

Narrator
 GM, 7196 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 15:43
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 354):

Rosewood is able to track Leroy. Anita lost track of him while climbing over the rooftop and into an alley.

Rosewood will soon be visible, but for the moment (and about 15 seconds more) he remains unseen.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 40 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 20:13
New in Town
Marcus knowing that Anita slipped into the crowd looks around for signs of his other companions.
Rosewood
 player, 58 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 20:28
New in Town
Rosewood seeing Leroy du Lac got trouble drop himself down.
Following behind the 3 that after Leroy.
cultist
 NPC, 63 posts
 deluded soul
Wed 1 Jan 2020
at 21:06
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 357):

The crowd, stumbling along much like Marcus, is singing badly about man who fell in a well. The smell of ale and are passing several bottles between them.
Anita Drake
 player, 93 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 04:19
New in Town
In reply to cultist (msg # 359):

Anita, once she feels safe, will look for her friends, back tracking if necessary.
Narrator
 GM, 7200 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Jan 2020
at 13:04
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 360):

Somewhere behind her is Marcus, somewhere ahead is Leroy, and Rosewood is no where to be seen, folks were regrouping  at the Wastrel's Hope.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:53, Thu 02 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 94 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 01:15
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 361):

Heading towards Leroy, who has headed to the Wastrels hope, Anita plans to join him and head there together.
Narrator
 GM, 7221 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Jan 2020
at 21:08
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 362):

Marcus, make a will roll to travel with or through the crowd of drunken worshipers.
Narrator
 GM, 7224 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 01:34
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 363):

A couple blocks north of you (away from where you are heading/from) you hear a faint explosion.
Anita Drake
 player, 95 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 06:12
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 364):

Anita will take note of where the sound came from before continuing on.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 41 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 4 Jan 2020
at 19:04
New in Town
14:04, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 12 using 3d6.  Will 10 or less.

Marcus failed his will roll
Narrator
 GM, 7228 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 13:25
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 366):

Marcus pulls away  from the crowd, and is spotted by two purists who had come to the entrance of the street.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 138 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 6 Jan 2020
at 21:17
New in Town
Hearing the explosion, Leroy thinks it's an alchemist's error. He had more pressing issues at hand, like three peckerwoods to take down.
Rosewood
 player, 59 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 7 Jan 2020
at 06:37
New in Town
OOC:
Purist
 NPC, 12 posts
 Radical racist
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 03:30
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 369):

Rosewood can see the third purist snaking his way into the close- he will be on Leroy shortly!

Marcus can see that the two men have spotted him, and are clenching their fists around their short clubs.

You definitely have the initiative, Marcas can ready his bow and quickdraw an arrow, but may only get one shot before they get to him.
Anita Drake
 player, 96 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 03:53
New in Town
In reply to Purist (msg # 370):

Can Anita see any of this on her way back?
Leroy du Lac
 player, 139 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 04:29
New in Town
Leroy waits in ambush, his axe upraised, and his shield ready.
He'd been waiting for this, all day.
Rosewood
 player, 60 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 17:44
New in Town
Rosewood get close enough from above to the human and lets go a multi-coloured bold of pixie dust at the man.  Lighting the man up like fairy on a Christmas tree.
The dust stinging the man skin.

OOC:
17:39, Today: Rosewood rolled 2 using 1d6-3.  Bad pixie dust damage.

Purist
 NPC, 13 posts
 Radical racist
Thu 9 Jan 2020
at 21:27
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 373):

Anita needs a per roll to hear the purists on Mario over the procession of devotees of St.Pyr.


Meanwhile,  the purist about to enter the close 10 yards from Leroy feels a slap of glitter on the back of his head. As Rosewood,  now visible, is upwards of 6 yards above, he has no way of reaching him, but shakes his club at the sky.
Anita Drake
 player, 97 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 03:23
New in Town
In reply to Purist (msg # 374):

Anita notices everything, and starts sneaking up on the purists. Her crossbow is stowed, but her hand strays to her knife as she approaches...
Purist
 NPC, 14 posts
 Radical racist
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 17:54
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 375):

Anita is able to cut back through the drunken celebrants. She will be in 15 yards of the purists, whobare now 10 yards from Mario.

Leroy is now within move and attack range of the two purists approaching him!
Rosewood
 player, 61 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 19:21
New in Town
Rosewood fly around above the Purist shouting insults at him.

You and your men are just a group of pathetic limp biscuits following some pretty skirts because you nothing else to do with your useless lives.  I am more manly than all of you put together and I am only 6 inches tall.
Your just a load of losers who cannot find a girlfriend for yourself so you all go running after some little floozy and she got you rapped around her finger.
What you going to do when someone with brains and looks comes along and take her away from you?
Have meetings where you all cry into your beers and talk about how great it was when she was around.
One day she will move on and have no use for your little group.  Your pathetic, your being manipulated and your to stupid to see it.


Then he needs to keep the Purist from attacking the others he shoots another bolt at it.  Rosewood has not interest in hurting the man physically more than he need to.

OOC:
This action will take time.  Rosewood is keeping this Purist occupied so others have time deal with other two.
18:59, Today: Rosewood rolled 3 using 1d6-3.  More Pixie dust.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 140 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 10 Jan 2020
at 21:45
New in Town
"I see you've found me. Ready to die a gruesome death, upon my axe?"
16:44, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 3 using 2d6.  2d sw cut dmg (x1.5).

16:43, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 8 using 3d6.  axe ~ 14.

Leroy swings!
Anita Drake
 player, 98 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 00:49
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 378):

Anita will attempt to approach the rear one from behind, trying to blend into the crowd to be unnoticed.

Any further rolls needed?
Purist
 NPC, 15 posts
 Radical racist
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 14:02
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 378):

Having lost his shit, the purist in the alley heaves his club at Rosewood and misses horribly.

The first purist on Leroy swings and misses, and takes a hit to the torso.

The second one swings at Leroy and hits solidly- dodge, parry or take 7 crushing before DR.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:03, Sat 11 Jan.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 141 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 14:13
New in Town
09:11, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 10 using 3d6.  block ~ 12.
Leroy wards off the blow, with his targe. *Thunk*
Rosewood
 player, 62 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 11 Jan 2020
at 18:53
New in Town
Rosewood flys over to the roof a little way from the Purist.
It also away from the other group.
He tries to pick one that would be possible to climb up to but would be hard and take time.

Lets see how good you are.  Can you capture a pixie, I think not.
I sure if you do and give it to your little floozy she give you big kiss for capturing the nasty little pixie.  You may even because one of her favorites.
But your not that good are you.
Your going to have tell her how you bravely ran away from the nasty little pixie.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:55, Sat 11 Jan.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 42 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 13 Jan 2020
at 01:46
New in Town
In reply to Purist (msg # 370):

Marcus uses quick shooting maneuver and fires an arrow into one man's torso....

20:39, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 11 using 3d6.  Fast draw arrow 15 or less.

20:40, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 10 using 3d6.  Quick Shot Roll#1 15 or less.

Marcus Blackthorn rolled 8 using 3d6.  Quick shot roll #2 17 or less (gets aiming bonus from Heroic archer).


Hit!

Damage:

20:51, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 4 using 1d6+3.  Bow damage. impaling

This message was last edited by the player at 01:54, Mon 13 Jan.

Purist
 NPC, 16 posts
 Radical racist
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 18:42
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 383):

The first of the charging purists stops dead in his tracks, an arrow protruding  from his midsection.
The secod swats the bow aside with his club!

Meanwhile, the angry purist chasing Rosewood tries to climb.

The ones on Leroy are readying their clubs.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 142 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:25
New in Town
15:22, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 5 using 2d6.  2d sw cut dmg (x1.5).

15:22, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  axe ~ 14.

"Surrender, or I'll kill the lot of you!"
Leroy says with steel in his tone, as he swings again, at the one who just missed him.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:26, Tue 14 Jan.

Rosewood
 player, 64 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 20:46
New in Town
Rosewood watches the Purist carefully allowing him to climb if he can.
However me move back little by little keeping safe distance until Purist is up fully on the roof.  If the purist goes get up there then Rose will make his next move.

OOC:
Rosewood is enticing the purist to get up on roof but keeping careful distance.
If he get up on roof fully then I make rosewoods next post.
Main aim is to take this purist out of the fight.

Anita Drake
 player, 99 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 14 Jan 2020
at 21:42
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 385):

Coming up behind a purist, Anita drives her long knife deep into the mans vital organs...
Purist
 NPC, 17 posts
 Radical racist
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 20:37
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 387):

The man who struck at Marcus' bow just spit blood and collapsed, leaving the arrow skewered one panting on the ground.

The two on Leroy: the one injured last round makes an ineffective swipe at Leroy as he continues to bleed.
The one he just hit makes a po we erful swing, doing 9 points before DR unless blocked or dodged.

The purist climbing after Rosewood loses his grip on the roof edge, and falls on his back with an Oof!
Rosewood
 player, 65 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 21:01
New in Town
Rosewood hops to the edge of the roof and waves at the purist.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 143 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 17 Jan 2020
at 23:49
New in Town
18:44, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 2 using 2d6.  swung axe, 2d cut dmg (x1.5) .

18:43, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 8 using 3d6.  axe ~ 14 .

18:42, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  block ~ 12 or less.

Leroy blocks the potent blow upon his shield with a loud *THUNK*
He retaliates at the same foe, with a relatively weak blow.
"You're not skilled or equipped well enough to take on one such as I! I'll kill you!"
Leroy bellows!

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 23:49, Fri 17 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 99 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:32
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 389):

Anita smiles at Marcus, and looks to see if any others ate in trouble as she cleans her dagger.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:32, Sat 18 Jan.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 43 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 02:24
New in Town
Marcus nods in appreciation to Anita and says,"We must get off the streets.  Where are the others?" He readies another arrow looking around for threats.
Purist
 NPC, 18 posts
 Radical racist
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:36
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 390):

The purist aleroy has struck collapses, and the other is backing up.


The one on the ground below Rosewood gets up on its knees and feels around for its club.

The one with the arrow stuck in it feet away from Anita and Marcus staggers to his feet.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 144 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 04:45
New in Town
23:41, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 2d6.  swung axe, 2d cut dmg (x1.5) .

23:40, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  axe ~ 14 .

Leroy steps, and deals a potent blow!
"Vae victis, Blackguard! Ha-ha!"
Rosewood
 player, 66 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 10:19
New in Town
Rosewood carries on waving at the purist.

OOC:
I think this purist is going to have some explaining to do.  The others are being chopped up and will arrive home with blood all over them.  This guy going arrive back with just few bumps and bruises having gone missing of most of the battle.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:23, Sat 18 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 100 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 11:32
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 394):

Anita will move to him as he is getting up, stabbing at his heart with her knife.

"Can't be leaving witnesses..." she explained.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 44 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 18 Jan 2020
at 23:58
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 396):

Marcus looks grimly at the execution of the purist and looks around to see if others are watching.
Purist
 NPC, 19 posts
 Radical racist
Sun 19 Jan 2020
at 22:48
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 397):

Both of the purists by Marcus and Anita are dead, as are the ones by Leroy.  The one that triedbto getvatvrosewood is being noisy... Leroy, make a per roll!
Leroy du Lac
 player, 145 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 00:08
New in Town
19:06, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 7 using 3d6.  perception ~ 11.
After hacking down his enemies, Leroy perceives something...
Narrator
 GM, 7289 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 21:42
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 399):

There is someone shouting behind him in the alley...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 146 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 21:53
New in Town
Intending to investigate, Leroy first will check the dying men for any valuables, or cash before leaving them for dead, in the street.
Narrator
 GM, 7291 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 22:16
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 401):

You find a pouch on one with $19 in copper
Leroy du Lac
 player, 147 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 20 Jan 2020
at 22:53
New in Town
Still adrenalized, Leroy rushes toward the shouting, intending to kill them, as well.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:54, Mon 20 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 101 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 21 Jan 2020
at 00:36
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 403):

Anita will likewise check the stiffs for valuables before moving on.

"Lets get out of here..."
Narrator
 GM, 7295 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 22 Jan 2020
at 19:44
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 404):

Quick search roll
Anita Drake
 player, 102 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 04:44
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 405):

Anita is pretty good at this...today!
Narrator
 GM, 7305 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 14:59
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 406):

You find a pair of purses, one with $11 in copper, one with $13 copper, and one had a gold piece $80 in their shoe. The other has a crude enameled copper medallion with the purist logo on a thong... worth $60.
Anita Drake
 player, 103 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 23 Jan 2020
at 20:29
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 407):

Anita will relieve them of these items as she departs...does she see Leroy or the other Purist?
Narrator
 GM, 7310 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:18
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 408):

Anita and Marcus have no idea where Leroy is.

He is aware of someone behind him.
Anita Drake
 player, 104 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 00:40
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 409):

Sorry, Anita is aware, or Leroy is? Can we see the clown chasing Rosewood?
Narrator
 GM, 7316 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 01:52
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 410):

He, Leroy, who is near Rosewood,  is aware of the person chasing Rosewood.  The rest of you are nowhere near, but know to rendezvous at the Wastrel's hope.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 148 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:04
New in Town
"Hark!, Ye eunuch jelly!"
Leroy taunts!

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 02:05, Fri 24 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 105 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 02:05
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 411):

Then, with no other trouble in sight, Anita and presumably Marcus will head to the Wastrels Hope. She takes a few steps, then checks that Marcus is following her. Or she will follow him if he leads...
Purist
 NPC, 20 posts
 Radical racist
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 13:46
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 412):

Turning from the taunting pixie, the purist turns and readies his club to deafend jis manhood, giving Rosewood his back...and head.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:20, Fri 24 Jan.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 150 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:03
New in Town
09:00, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 8 using 2d6.  swung axe (crit) 2d6 cutting damage to torso (x1.5).

08:59, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 4 using 1d6+3.  attack 2: axe ~ 14. (crit!)

08:59, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 1d6+3.  kick to groin, heavy, scaled boots. 1d6+3.

08:57, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 9 using 3d6.  all out attack (2 attacks) attack one 1: kick brawling - 2 (13 or less).

With a battlecry, Leroy rushes the peckerwood, and kicks him in the groin, attempting to double him over, and then follow up, with a vicious, axe blow to the ribs!
"Die, you reprobate!"

This message was last edited by the player at 14:05, Fri 24 Jan.

Narrator
 GM, 7323 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:21
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 415):

Where the armored groin kick would have left him stunned, the axe strike leaves him dead.
Rosewood
 player, 67 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 14:39
New in Town
Rosewood fly's down to Leroy du Lac.
The little fairy dementia clearly shows he not very happy at the moment.

He looks at the man and back a Leroy du Lac.
I had your back  Leroy du Lac.  He was going to attack you from behind.
I kept him busy until you dealt with the others.
He was not a very nice creature.  But that was quick and deadly of you.
I hope I never have to do anything like that.  But the world beyond my home seems harder and far more brutal than my home.  I really don't like it.  It is a nasty place.

Can I have ride back to the inn please.
The battle was very draining.


OOC:
Was it just me or did with have a strange leprechaun incursion into this game at one point?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:29, Tue 28 Jan.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 151 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 15:11
New in Town
Leroy will take any valuables, like obvious jewelry, or pouch.
"I've killed four of them today, by my reckoning. One thing is for sure... The swine know we're not laying down for them anymore!"
Leroy speaks to the pixie as he robs the man, and cleans his bloodied axe, on the man's clothes.
"Climb aboard the Leroy express! Next stop, the Wastrel's Hope!" Leroy allows the tired pixie to hitch a ride, and heads to the tavern.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:12, Fri 24 Jan.

Rosewood
 player, 68 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 15:39
New in Town
Rosewood settles down on Leroy du Lac shoulders and rests as he rides back to the inn.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 45 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 24 Jan 2020
at 21:39
New in Town
Marcus follows Anita looking about fir anyone following them.
JeanPaul
 NPC, 48 posts
 burly bartender
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:16
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 420):

The four of you arrive back at the Wastrel's Hope  without further incident a few minutes apart.
Anita Drake
 player, 106 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:37
New in Town
In reply to JeanPaul (msg # 421):

"Well, that was interesting. Did anyone get recognized by anyone who lived?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:41, Tue 28 Jan.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 46 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:40
New in Town
Marcus still rubbing his side from the fall says,"That did not go well.  As far know no one is alive to tell the tale."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 152 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:41
New in Town
"I need a drink, after that! Will anyone join me?"
Leroy says, finding a seat, where he has a vantage point of who enters and leaves the bar.
"Now we listen, and wait."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:42, Tue 28 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 107 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:43
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 424):

"Sure. Juice for me. Where do we go from here? Report back about the group? What was our original assignment?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 154 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 19:55
New in Town
"The job was to find out and stop those responsible for disrupting the folk's  business and craftsmen, and we know they're capable of arson, and worse. I say we have a drink, and sit here and see what happens, in the aftermath of the chaos, we've just wrought. If nothing happens in a few hours, I say we give our report to Mistress Camilla. The next move is theirs, I would suppose. They'll either sue for peace and send people, or they actually throw down the gauntlet to the guild. We'll just have to wait and see..."

This message was last edited by the player at 10:04, Thu 30 Jan.

Rosewood
 player, 70 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 20:26
New in Town
As the group sits down with their drinks they find the little Pixie is not his normal self.  His happy light-hearted nature has gone for now.
He has not flown up to his high spot like before.
He is in fact walking or more pacing up and down the table they have their drinks on.
Hands behind his back and very very dark look on his face.
He looks up at.
Thankyou for the use of the Leroy express! It was most welcome after my fight with that man.  Using magic is very tiring.
He walks up and down again few times and then turns to the group.
These Purist.  They are not very nice people right.
You killed them without a thought.  You don't seem to care if they live or die.

He stops for a moment thinking deeply as if deciding something.
They not going to sue for peace.  I think they will pick up the gauntlet and try to shove it down our throats.  She would not care.  It would not be in her nature.  In fact she would love to see as much blood run as possible.  She would find pleasure in it.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:39, Tue 28 Jan.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 155 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 21:19
New in Town
"Well... you got inside, and got a good look. If she is such, then perhaps there's some magic or demonic sway over these people, making them do her bidding. That's the work for a priest, methinks. Sometimes a cleric won't be so mercenary, and be willing to help in such matters. Perhaps we can seek one out, when we know more. I have a feeling we're definitely up against something super natural, maybe even another cult."
Leroy said grimly, as he cointed the dead man's coin.
Rosewood
 player, 71 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 21:53
New in Town
Rosewood nods.
I saw her shadow.  They don't get it.
The joke is on then and it's a evil joke.
She not human.


Rosewood stops not happy to say the next thing.
She sort of Fay.  But the same way a flesh eating cannibal witch that leads a tribe of savages is human.  If that make any sense.
She clearly controlling them using magic but she directing them in way they want to go anyway.  She delights in pain and blood.  She be just as happy for it to be one of the purist as any other creature.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:55, Tue 28 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 108 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 22:58
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 429):

"The dead guys were trying to kill us, Rosewood, so yes, we had no choice. But if we get the chance, we should find out about that leader. Maybe she is a demon that we need to tell the Haderaum about. I have heard of beautiful demons that control weak willed me to create chaos...that sounds familiar."
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 47 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 28 Jan 2020
at 23:04
New in Town
Marcus curses under his breath,"If they be controlled by a Fay devil then they may be innocent.  I dud not aim for vital spots unless i had too.  Now I shall drink to wash away the guilt."he motions the bar madien for a drink.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:05, Tue 28 Jan.

Anita Drake
 player, 109 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 05:30
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 431):

"Whether they serve a demon because of dumb choices or willingly, it is of little matter. They serve evil, they risk death. I feel no guilt. But we should aim for the head, definitely. Should we ask the experts, the Haderaum about this?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 156 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 29 Jan 2020
at 13:57
New in Town
"I did tell them, they'd best surrender. Perhaps I should've used my club, but the way they came at me, from behind? No quarter!"
Leroy shrugged, then slammed one fist, into his palm.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:58, Wed 29 Jan.

Narrator
 GM, 7344 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 21:18
New in Town
Any one with a hidden lore (except Rosewood, who has made his rolls) please make a roll...occultism-4 works also, or IQ-6
Leroy du Lac
 player, 157 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 30 Jan 2020
at 23:15
New in Town
18:14, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 15 using 3d6.  IQ-6 (5, or less...). no dice!
Anita Drake
 player, 110 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:21
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 435):

Yeah, Anita is none-the-wiser...
Narrator
 GM, 7350 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 01:57
New in Town
So what Rosewood says seems to make sense, a Fey Demon!
Anita Drake
 player, 111 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:28
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 437):

Right.

"So are you clowns just planning to sit around drinking while this fey devil gathers another rent-a-crowd for us to kill?"
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 48 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:42
New in Town
Marcus finishes his drink and grabs his bow. "We shall not let this demon live one more day."
Anita Drake
 player, 112 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 02:48
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 439):

"Right. Ahh, do we need anything special to kill it? Actually, perhaps one of us should case the place, or maybe two stealthy individuals, to see if we can track her movements, while the rest of you make sure you have the gear we need..."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 158 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 03:06
New in Town
"I think we may need more information. Perhaps we should visit the Hadereum, and notify them of what we've found... There might even be more reward in it, from them, as well as the guild..."
Rosewood
 player, 72 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 09:55
New in Town
Rosewood looks a little frustrated.
I think we should talk to Hadereum as well.

He then says more to himself than the other as they not listening to him.

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
I did not say she was a demon.  I said she was a very evil fay.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:57, Fri 31 Jan.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 49 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 13:55
New in Town
"Very well.  Let us speak to the Hadereum...I am stealthy but I suspect not as much as the little and Anita.  Once we gather more on the Evil Fay Leroy and I will procure whatever is needed to dispatch it."

This message was last edited by the player at 13:56, Fri 31 Jan.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 159 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 16:45
New in Town
Leroy grunts, and nods.
"L'Chaim!"
Leroy drained his cup, and stands.
Narrator
 GM, 7357 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 20:47
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 444):

about the Hadereum... They have already expressed disinterest in policing this area, and seem devoted to repopulating empty buildings without much concern as to who, as long as enough taxes are gathered to pay for the road upkeep that the Merchant's Guild is after.

You are going to be on your own unless you can provide the priests of Hades with an actual demon, or the paraphernalia of their worship.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 160 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:14
New in Town
"So, it's not a Demon, Rosewood? Hmmm... an evil Fay, that delights in havoc and bloodshed. Instead of the Haderuem, why don't we take this information, and go talk to a sage? Perhaps they will know what we're up against, and how to fight it. The cost of two questions, might be worth it."
Anita Drake
 player, 113 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 21:32
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 446):

"Perhaps Rosewood and I should seek more information first then. Rosewood, you up for another foray?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 161 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:05
New in Town
"I am! "
Rosewood
 player, 73 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:07
New in Town
Rosewood sits down.
Can you let me think a bit.  Have another drink.
Maybe I can remember few things from the library about the creature I saw.

After thinking a bit.
No it one of the creature I think I tried not to study.  They are just so horrible.

The little guy turns to Anita Drake.
What did you have in mind?
Anita Drake
 player, 114 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:08
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 447):

"I have as thinking of a quieter fact finding foray..."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 162 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:15
New in Town
"They're on high alert, now. I'd say we already know pretty much all we need to, until we return to destroy them. the questions we need answered is what is this thing, and how do we kill it!"
Rosewood
 player, 74 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:17
New in Town
Rosewood looks at Anita Drake.
Like finding out where she lives.  If she alone or are there others of her kind?
Anita Drake
 player, 115 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:33
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 452):

"Yes Rosewood. Our problem is with the leader, not the dumb lackeys. That is the information we do not have but need, Leroy."
Rosewood
 player, 75 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 22:54
New in Town
Rosewood adds.

You know we cannot just killer her and leave her body.
Also we cannot exposes her to the purists either.
We have to get rid of her without the purist know what she really is.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 163 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 31 Jan 2020
at 23:55
New in Town
"Why?"
Rosewood
 player, 76 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 01:35
New in Town
Rosewood looked a Leroy du Lac.  Surprised he did not get it.

What do you think twenty or more angry stupid men are going to do to to every fay and every pretty young female that they think trying to charm them after they see they been fooled.
They are going to be so angry when they know they been taken for fools.
When they realize they lusted after something that looks as ugly as her in her true form.  Imagine how you feel if you woke up after good night out to find the fattest, ugliest, foul breathed, blackened teeth seventy year old woman had drugged you and had her way with you that night.  As you wake up she still there wanting more.
They will go on a witch or fay hunt.  Trying to hurt every fay or every pretty young female human they come across calling them witches.
They may even turn on older females as well.  They will have to punish someone.
They are not strong enough of mind to walk away.
They will have to make someone pay for making them into fools.
They will be ten time worse.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:41, Sat 01 Feb.

Anita Drake
 player, 116 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 02:03
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 456):

"True. Maybe we should just lead the foolish ones underground and kill all of them that are not willing to walk away? But perhaps let's solve one problem at a time...what sort of fey do you think she is? Clearly not a nymph..."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 164 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 02:24
New in Town
<Cursive>"This looks like a mob we're dealing with, and none of the city officials are interested in dealing with this. This situation is extremely serious, but I don't think it's bigger than us. It looks like it's up to us to pull this thorn out before it festers. I'm up for a good fight, but to murder all these men, doesn't seem right to me, especially if they're in the sway of a greater evil. We should indeed see if she has a lair somewhere, track her there, and hopefully kill her there, when she is alone."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:31, Sat 01 Feb.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 50 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 15:37
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 458):

"Leroy is correct.  Eventhough these men a bigoted and hateful they do not deserve death for being manipulated by an evil creature.  But I agree we cannot just kill it in front of them.  We have to get it away and make it disappear."
Narrator
 GM, 7365 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 20:53
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 459):

Even being relatively new in town, there are a few sources of faerie lore available to you:

The Dismal tower, home of sages, will require cash,
Twilight House, home to Shadow elves, may require performing a favor, definitely some finessi gand probably an invitation.. or a way to bypass one.
Hyacinths Hoofprints, a fey friendly tavern, which will require navigating etiquette like the othrrs, and buying a few rounds...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 165 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 21:11
New in Town
"Why don't we find some aid, if we can among our folk. I know a place where we might find some information, and maybe even, some help. Why don't we go to Hyacinth's Hoofprints?"
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 51 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:19
New in Town
Marcus nods,"Lead the way."
Hyacynth
 NPC, 2 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:34
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 462):

Heading east of the sun, west of the moon, until you come upon an oldcwoman selling apples. You greet her, buying an apple each, (1 copper total) and you follow her shadow to a small door where you can hear music. The hanging tabard shows a flower and two cloven hoofprints.
Anita Drake
 player, 117 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:36
New in Town
In reply to Hyacynth (msg # 463):

What is the name on the door? Cloven as in Faun, not cloven as in demon, right? I assume there is a difference...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 166 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 1 Feb 2020
at 22:43
New in Town
17:40, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 13 using 3d6.  carousing ~ 14.
Leroy pulls off his coif, revealing his pointed ears, and grins..
Narrator
 GM, 7377 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:19
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 464):

There is no written name, but the woodwork is elaborately carved, and the metal, where seen is all bronze; there is no iron to be seen.
You can hear several instruments playing; panpipes, a hautbois, a lute, and a harp. there is the sound of dancing and clapping as well.

Within, there are a variety of odd yet oddly familiar folk. Some have pointed ears, a few are small and winged, some have goat legs. One of the musicians is a faun, one a bat faced goblin, one an elf of some kind, and one is an incredibly good looking man who is hard to look at, yet fascinating at the same time.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 167 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:26
New in Town
"I know this place has better drink than the poor ale, and young wine, at the Wastrel's Hope. Come on!"
Leroy getting in the mood, says mirthfully.
Hyacynth
 NPC, 3 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 16:36
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 467):

The owner and bartender, a fine looking faun, is carrying a tray of mead to a table where a lichenous moss dwarf and a pale elf with faintly luminous skin are sitting watching the musicians.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 168 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 17:07
New in Town
When the owner returns, Leroy will order and start a conversation about what's been going on, and purist troubles.
Hyacynth
 NPC, 4 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 18:00
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 469):

"The customers would be happier if you and your friends would drop your iron gear in the small room over here."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 169 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 18:07
New in Town
"Ah, I see. No problem..."
Leroy accepts the house customs.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:08, Wed 05 Feb.

Anita Drake
 player, 118 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 19:52
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 471):

"Sure. Why though, just iron? Silver not a problem?" She takes the crossbow bolts and hangs the quiver on a hook after getting her answer.

When she gets back she will ask for a juice...
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 52 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:09
New in Town
Marcus hangs his quiver on a peg and leans his bow on the wall under it.  He unsteaths his long knife and sets it next to the bow.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 170 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 5 Feb 2020
at 23:51
New in Town
Leroy sheds his suit of scale, and his axe, and his baselard.
He does retain his targe, which is wooden, covered with hide, set with brazen tacks and a brazen boss. His warclub, which is carved from a tree root, hangs from his belt.
Narrator
 GM, 7384 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 01:26
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 474):

The collection of fey creatures seem pleased with this, and silver is fine here.
You note a variety of staves and spears from pixie size up, set with flint or bronze, and a few items made of crystal, silver, or mage metal. A hooded man with a raven's face is at a table, drinking with a sea elf, and the door is being watched by a large creature with the face of an owl and a thick pelt like that of a bear.
 It definitely does not seem to be a summer court creature.
Anita Drake
 player, 119 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 22:19
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 475):

"Hey, why should we do all the fighting? Lets ask around if anyone knows about what you saw, Rosewood."

She will approach the creature with a ravens face.

"Sir, how would you be today? Mind if we chat?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 171 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 7 Feb 2020
at 22:30
New in Town
Leroy orders mead, and starts a chat with the bartender.
"Have ye heard of these purists about, of late?"
Rosewood
 player, 78 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 19:25
New in Town
Rosewood is silent for a time.
He is very very reluctant to say what the creature was.  Or what he think it was.

Just before the group get to the tavern.  He says in a low voice.

I think it was a Swamp Hag.  I not seem one close up before but.
From the books I studied.  That want it seemed to be.


Rosewood is not very comfortable with going into the tavern and tries to say behind Leroy du Lac and out of site.  He clearly tries to keep away from anything that looks like another pixie.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:26, Sun 09 Feb.

Kaw
 NPC, 1 post
 Corvite fey
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 20:18
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 476):

The corvite tilts its head to study her.
In a harsh voice it responds.
"wHaT w0uLd y0U liKe t0 dIsScuSs?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 172 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 20:49
New in Town
Listening to Rosewood, Leroy 's eye widened.
"A swamp Hag, you say? Hmmm.. They despise everything beautiful, do they not?"
Anita Drake
 player, 120 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 20:49
New in Town
In reply to Kaw (msg # 479):

"There seems to be a bunch of racists who dislike anything not human. Have you come across them?"
Kaw
 NPC, 2 posts
 Corvite fey
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 20:59
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 481):

"s0unDs liKE hUmAnS iN gEneRall..."
Anita Drake
 player, 121 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 9 Feb 2020
at 21:02
New in Town
In reply to Kaw (msg # 482):

"Yes, but some are worse than others, actually trying to hurt or kill fey."
Kaw
 NPC, 3 posts
 Corvite fey
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 17:50
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 483):

The corvite shrugs.
"It Is aLwaYs tHiS wAy."
Rosewood
 player, 79 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 18:11
New in Town
PM
Narrator
 GM, 7404 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 10 Feb 2020
at 20:28
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 485):

Rosewood  notices that the crowd is a mix of both the Summer and the Winter court. Apparently the place exists in a state of truce. Both the corvite and the owlish bouncer, along with a redcap over in the corner, and the elf sitting by the moss dwarf are all mrmbers of the Winter court .
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 53 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 13:42
New in Town
Marcus sits quietly nearby the group taking in all the variety of creatures he has never seen before.
Anita Drake
 player, 122 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 14 Feb 2020
at 21:34
New in Town
In reply to Kaw (msg # 484):

"I see."

She moves out to see if she can find some more cheery folk to talk to.
Rosewood
 player, 81 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 19:01
New in Town
Rosewood does not seem happy or at easy with the fact some of the the winter court are present.  He understand the state of truce.
He however does his best stay behind Leroy du Lac.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 173 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 18 Feb 2020
at 19:27
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 477):

Leroy waited for a response from the barkeep.
Hypatia
 NPC, 1 post
 Faerie creature
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 18:23
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 490):

Last message I  saw was Leroy responding to Rosewood

"What do you need, niade child?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 174 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 20:08
New in Town
In reply to Hypatia (msg # 491):
"Mead, please."

Leroy described the purists and their armbands w/ their recent activities, trying to get some more information from the crowd.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 05:44, Fri 21 Feb.

Hyacynth
 NPC, 5 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 21:12
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 492):

The fain pours him a goblet of honey wine.

Make a carousing roll.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 175 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 22:08
New in Town
17:07, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 13 using 3d6 ((6,6,1)).
Leroy engages the bar patrons , with his tale of recent events, in an attempt to elicit  more information, and/or rally some support.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:43, Fri 21 Feb.

Hyacynth
 NPC, 6 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:06
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 494):

Her eyes widen
"That is a problem. Between  you and me, most fey will mate with anything that strikes their fancy... this affecalmost all of us."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 176 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 20 Feb 2020
at 23:23
New in Town
"Go on Rosewood, tell 'em what you saw in their lair. You think it might have been a swamp hag? Have a drink, don't be frightened. You're among friends, here."
Leroy coaxed the pixie hiding behind him.
"It's a problem the guild has become involved in now, and we mean to solve it. But this is personal, too."

This message was last edited by the player at 05:49, Fri 21 Feb.

Rosewood
 player, 82 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 18:48
New in Town
Rosewood flies down to the bar.
He bows to the Faun.
I am Rosewood Dustweaver.  If the names mean anything to you then yes I can do that to pixie dust.  If my name means nothing that all the better.

Rosewood shuts his eyes and breaths heavy.
I manages to get into the purists meeting without them seeing me.
The group was made up of lots of stupid human males lead by what I think human call beauty girl.
She was the one that was directing them and organizing them.
They seems totally under her control.
I looked at her shadow and to my surprise it was not human.
It was clearly fay.  So female fay was behind this.
On a closer look it was the shadow of a swamp hag.
It seems the fowl creature is trying to take revenge on the fay by using humans to do her bidding.

He opens his eyes.
Oh and I am waiting for my true dust mate.  I know most fay think that it is stupid idea but I don't care.   I have dust mate and I waiting for her.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 177 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 21 Feb 2020
at 19:42
New in Town
"There will always be stupid people, but if we destroy this evil, then the pogrom against the Fey should end with it. Does anyone know anything about their weaknesses?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:43, Fri 21 Feb.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 54 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 13:09
New in Town
Marcus enters the conversation,"If these men be under some spell then they are innocent in my mind. They should not be killed.  I had a suspicion that something was amiss. That's why I dud not make lethal shots."  He glances at Anita.
Hyacynth
 NPC, 7 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 19:49
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 498):

The faun takes a sip of her mead.
"This is the first I am hearing of them. If they are mere men, their weaknesses are to hearing the sound of their own voices and peering at women's backsides.
A cailliach you say? I know of only one in Northport, and she lives on the outskirts of little Shevnia, keeping the human population at bay, and she prefers the form of an old human woman from what I have heard."

Leroy du Lac
 player, 178 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 22 Feb 2020
at 23:02
New in Town
"Sounds like one bad babushka."
Anita Drake
 player, 123 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 11:36
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 501):

Ignoring comments about lethal shots, Anita asked quietly

"This grandma may not be responsible, bit she may still be able to help us. Can you direct me to exactly where she lives?"
Hyacynth
 NPC, 8 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 15:44
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 502):

"If that is what you really want, but she really doesn't like to be disturbed.  What would she have to do with these men anyway; she eats children who are bad."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 179 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 23 Feb 2020
at 22:14
New in Town
"Let's see if we can uncover any truth to these rumors. If so, then we should destroy this monster, for the good of the area. I say we check it out!"
Narrator
 GM, 7448 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 21:28
New in Town
Faerie lore, those who have it
Rosewood
 player, 83 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 21:32
New in Town
PM
Narrator
 GM, 7453 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 23:22
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 506):

The type of hag she is describing cannot harm innocents... only the truly evil. She also has a minor court position with Winter, keeper of the eastern fens or somesuch. Also they hate iron.

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:21, Tue 25 Feb.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 180 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 24 Feb 2020
at 23:49
New in Town
"Maybe we can bring grandma a pie, and she'll have us in for tea."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 23:49, Mon 24 Feb.

Hyacynth
 NPC, 9 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Tue 25 Feb 2020
at 16:22
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 508):

"Bringing a gift, freely given would be polite."
Anita Drake
 player, 124 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 00:22
New in Town
In reply to Hyacynth (msg # 509):

"Heh, but not with my cooking..."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 181 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 26 Feb 2020
at 06:16
New in Town
"Maybe we can find out some clues about her and what she even likes, in Little Shevnia. The problem is, I don't speak Shevnian. How can we hope to make a good impression, if we don't have a speaker of their language?"
Hyacynth
 NPC, 10 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 16:55
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 511):

The faun snorts
"Y'all are new here aren't you? Take these, and eat them when you are close... they are only good gor half an hour or so." she reaches into a pouch and produces a handful of hazelnuts.


Faerie savoir faire  please
Leroy du Lac
 player, 182 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 18:36
New in Town
Leroy doesn't have that, or regular savoir faire. Manoir du Lac is out in the country, and he's sort of a yokel...
"Wow! Thanks... What do these do? Are they magic??"

This message was last edited by the player at 18:38, Fri 28 Feb.

Hyacynth
 NPC, 11 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 20:58
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 513):

"They are, and give the gift of tongues to those who consume them."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 183 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 21:08
New in Town
"We appreciate this help. You're a true friend to our cause!"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 21:16, Fri 28 Feb.

Hyacynth
 NPC, 12 posts
 Faun tavernkeeper
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 21:14
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 515):

"There may come a time when I need a favor."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 184 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 21:15
New in Town
Leroy nods solemnly.
"You can call on me."
Rosewood
 player, 84 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 28 Feb 2020
at 21:44
New in Town
Rosewood looks at Leroy du Lac.
Do I have to go with you?
He asks.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 185 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:37
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 518):
"No, you don't have to Rosewood. You've done your heroics for today, if you've had enough."

Rosewood
 player, 85 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 00:51
New in Town
Rosewood sit down with a great thud.
Well for a Pixie anyway.  He looks a bit drained.
Thankyou.  I really did not wish to meet the creature.

He turns to the bartender.
May I be of service to you.  I am told in a places like this small items get lost or trapped in hard to get to places for bigger creature.
That one such as my self my be of service for retrieving such things.
As I am small and can fly.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:52, Sat 29 Feb.

Narrator
 GM, 7473 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 12:34
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 520):

Rosewood  make a fairie lore And a savoir faire roll please
Rosewood
 player, 86 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 29 Feb 2020
at 15:28
New in Town
Rolls made.

OOC
15:25, Today: Rosewood rolled 8 using 3d6.  fairy lore roll at 13.
15:26, Today: Rosewood rolled 11 using 3d6.  Scrounging NT 13 or  savoir faire roll.
(Not sure which it meant to be).
Narrator
 GM, 7484 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 15:07
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 522):

You realize that Leroy has just indebted himself to Hyacinth, and will garner a negative reputation, and possibly ill luck if he doesn't aid her in some way in the near future.
You also recognize that the type of hag being described does not quite match the fey thst you saw, and will be quite intractable in her home environment.  Bringing an offering as a gift, freely given, with no expectation of an exchange of favors is inclined to indebt the faerie.  Also, bringing iron into her domain is automatically hostile.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 186 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 18:21
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 523):
it fits his code of honor, and besides, if he can make friends with this place, and the fey, they would be great allies to have, i think.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:22, Wed 04 Mar.

Rosewood
 player, 87 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 18:21
New in Town
When he gets chance Rosewood passes the bad news onto Leroy.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 187 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 18:57
New in Town
Leroy nods.
"I know..But I'm new here, Fey blood runs within me, and I want to prove myself to them, that I'm indeed a friend that can be relied on, and not just some jerk off."
Rosewood
 player, 88 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 19:14
New in Town
Rosewood looks at Leroy du Lac a little confused.
What is a jirk off?
Leroy du Lac
 player, 188 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 4 Mar 2020
at 21:27
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 527):
"It's an expression to describe somebody who can't be relied on, someone who can't make good on expectations, and their own word. Such people garner no respect."

Anita Drake
 player, 125 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 01:02
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 528):

"So, what sort of gift do we have in mind?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 189 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 02:27
New in Town
"Perhaps we could do her a service. Fetching wood and water, might be good..."

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:36, Thu 05 Mar.

Narrator
 GM, 7488 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 21:38
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 529):

Rosewood knows almost all fey are partial to things with honey, and more partial to personally made gifts rather than storebought.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 190 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 22:04
New in Town
"I'm certainly no brewer or baker...though, I suspect grandma is. Perhaps we can find some raw honeycomb ourselves, rather than easily buying some in the market?"
Rosewood
 player, 89 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 5 Mar 2020
at 22:33
New in Town
I am up for finding the honey if you want.
Just don't wish to meet the person we giving it to.


OOC:
I did have another answer to msg #528, but it was such a doggy comment (although rosewood would not know it.  That I thought it not right to post in PG game.)


That should have been msg #527.  Nothing to do with gift or children.
More to do with Rosewood not understand what Leroy du Lac talking about.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:33, Sat 07 Mar.

Narrator
 GM, 7493 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 7 Mar 2020
at 21:18
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 533):

OCC:
Bringing a bad child would not reflect well on you, and offering to take one for the team would not go over well. Buying a pie would just have a lower reaction bonus than baking one.
Anita Drake
 player, 126 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 8 Mar 2020
at 05:26
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 534):

Anita knows little of such gifts...she was brought up more distant from fey than most of them.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 55 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 10:49
New in Town
Marcus stands there dumbfounded bot knowing what is going on.  He has very distant Fey blood in him but he is not one to judge a book by it's cover.  He trusts his new companions and let's them do the negotiating.  He skill lies more in woodcraft and archery.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 191 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 9 Mar 2020
at 16:46
New in Town
"A woodsman could help us find some wild honey comb."
Leroy noted the quiet woodsman.
"How about it, Marcus?"
Narrator
 GM, 7509 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 11 Mar 2020
at 14:33
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 537):

That would definitely be in Marcus' skillset.  That and a meat pie shoud do you.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 56 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 12 Mar 2020
at 15:32
New in Town
Marcus comes out of his stupor. "Aye!  I can find a Honeycomb.  When do we depart?"
Narrator
 GM, 7520 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 11:53
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 539):

It should take half an hour to get to the city limits, it might take several hours to find a honeycomb; you get 1 roll per hour. The swamp of the hag is to the east of the city, the best place to find ho eycomb within the city is on Temple Hill to the west, although an offering at the nearest shrine would be a good idea.
Rosewood
 player, 90 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 19:54
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 540):

Rosewood goes along with the others.
Using his skills he see if he can spot anything that would be of useful to the hag other than the honey they looking for to add to the thing the others can give the creature.

OOC:
19:52, Today: Rosewood rolled 11 using 3d6.  Scrounging NT 13.

Anita Drake
 player, 127 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 13 Mar 2020
at 21:49
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 541):

Anita will try to help find one as well, as directed by others...
Narrator
 GM, 7529 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 14 Mar 2020
at 18:23
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 541):

Rosewood is able to find a fruit seller with a few unblemished apples (it is early spring, so these are from last season, but quite nice, if expensive, three for a copper... and three is a fortuitous number.

Anyone looking for meat pies? Boar or quail would be preffered over beef, or Pan forbid, rat.
Narrator
 GM, 7541 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 16:47
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 543):

A quick scrounging roll will get what VC you need, plus $2
Rosewood
 player, 91 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 17:54
New in Town
OOC:
17:52, Today: Rosewood rolled 5 using 3d6.  Scrounging NT 13.

Anita Drake
 player, 128 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:47
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 545):

Anita is best to escort others gathering stuff. She helps Rosewood with carrying it.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 57 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 18:46
New in Town
Marcus heads out to find the Honeycomb

OOC: 14:44, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 9 using 3d6 ((2,2,5)).
Leroy du Lac
 player, 192 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 19:55
New in Town
Leroy follows the others, keeping a lookout for trouble, as they bring their skills to bear.
Narrator
 GM, 7548 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 14:42
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 547):

Marcus is able to locate a honeycomb,. There is a small shrine nearby, dedicated to Mellonia. It looks like there are wirhered flowers on the altar.


Rosewood finds a vendor with newly baked fine boar meat pies, needs $8, but it is more than he can carry
Anita Drake
 player, 129 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 18 Mar 2020
at 19:24
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 549):

Anita can assist her small friend with pies.
Narrator
 GM, 7556 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 19:49
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 550):

With gifts of meat pie and fresh honey, you head through little Shevnia and out the east gate. A navigation or survival roll please.
Rosewood
 player, 92 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 21:33
New in Town
At this point the little pixie decides he gone far enough.
He heads back to the guild hall and sits up high waiting for other to return.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 193 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 21:41
New in Town
"So, how do we find this place?"
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 58 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 23:16
New in Town
Survival roll

19:15, Today: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 9 using 3d6.  Survival 11 or less.
Anita Drake
 player, 130 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 19:06
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 554):

Anita follows dutifully carrying her goods...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 194 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 00:24
New in Town
"We have these magical filberts..But I'm not the most couth, and I know it. Does anyone think they can sweet talk this Baba Yaga?"
Narrator
 GM, 7567 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:00
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 556):

You make your way further into the fens where some stunted looking swamp oaks stand. Small bones hand from cord like a wind chime, and you can hear the cawing of a crow,
Anita Drake
 player, 131 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 19:18
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 557):

Anita does not have a single social skill...her skills are best unseen, let alone in conversation!
Leroy du Lac
 player, 195 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 23:43
New in Town
OOC: all i got is carousing, which might work, if we tried getting her drunk. but, it's gonna come down to the smartest, for this... Leroy is only slightly above average intelligence at 11, and frankly, that's not good enough, esp for defaults, even with his attractive appearance.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:44, Tue 24 Mar.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 59 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 02:18
New in Town
OOC: Marcus is not a people person so don't count on him to sweet talk her.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 196 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 08:38
New in Town
OCC:Looks like I'm "It".. lawd.. lawd
Narrator
 GM, 7579 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:07
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 561):

And of course, Rosewood...

There is the crow caeing away....
Leroy du Lac
 player, 197 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:51
New in Town
"I think we're close..Perhaps that crow is her familar.."
OOC: Rosewood went back to the guild, he didn't wanna meet the crone w/ us.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:58, Thu 26 Mar.

Anita Drake
 player, 132 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 22:25
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 563):

Well, Anita can try, but I take no responsibility for the result! IQ 12, but a social stigma is all I got to offer....

She approaches the crow and says hi...
Rosewood
 player, 93 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 12:22
New in Town
OOC:
Rosewood bravely flew away...

Narrator
 GM, 7587 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 20:15
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 564):

The crow caws at her at some length. If only Anita had some way of communicating with it...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 198 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 20:58
New in Town
Leroy gives her the bag of filberts.
"Here, eat one of those. Maybe it's trying to talk to us..."
Anita Drake
 player, 133 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:35
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 566):

"I dont talk crow, but maybe some pie?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 199 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 04:27
New in Town
"I don't think we should cut the pie..We'd make a better impression, giving it to Baba, intact... But, these nuts will give us any language, right? Well... I guess I'll see if they work. Hyacynth, we're counting on you, and I owe you for this...."
With that, Leroy pops a filbert into his mouth, and eats it. He waits, expecting the caws to begin making sense, and perhaps be able to reply in kind, or er..crow?
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 60 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 19:26
New in Town
Marcus scans the area warily gripping his bow tight waiting to draw and arrow and fire if need be.
Narrator
 GM, 7596 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 22:14
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 569):

The crow caws... and Leroy can hear it saying "strangers three beneath the tree, what do they have for me?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 200 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 22:34
New in Town
"We three, have for thee, freshly baked quail pie...and a comb of wild honey."
Leroy replies, motioning to his group.
Narrator
 GM, 7604 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 18:46
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 572):

The crow replies
"These are not gifts for me,
they were for another,
perhaps for Grandmother
Surely there is something shiny and bright
 that I might line my nest with tonight"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 201 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 02:13
New in Town
Leroy holds out a shiny, silver piece.
"For you."
Narrator
 GM, 7620 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 21:06
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 574):

The crow flies down to snatch the bit of silver, and flies back up into the tree.

"Shiny shiny for me. Now who is it that is sought by thee?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 202 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 21:57
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 575):

"We seek Grandmother's wisdom, on some matters troubling the local faerie, and also men in the city."
Narrator
 GM, 7621 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 21:27
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 576):

"Old Mother lives where three trees twist
 Offer gifts but do not let her grab your wrist
 Wear no iron, bear no blade, do not smirk"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 203 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 21:42
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 577):
"Understood.Thank you, my friend."


Anita Drake
 player, 134 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 05:16
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 578):

Anita will follow the others to meet her.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 204 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 11:36
New in Town
Leroy spends some time taking off his armor, and axe. He keeps his wooden shield slung on his back, and his war club is secured on his belt.
"There...Just like back at the tavern."
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 61 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sat 4 Apr 2020
at 14:06
New in Town
Marcus removes his long knife and quiver aside.
Narrator
 GM, 7632 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 16:56
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 581):

You hang your gear on a tree, and can hear a chorus of frogs from the swamp...

Those who have eaten the hazelnuts can hear something else...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 205 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 18:04
New in Town
Leroy listens to what the frogs are talking about.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 62 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 16:10
New in Town
Marcus,"I need some hazel nuts."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:10, Wed 08 Apr.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 206 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 19:44
New in Town
"I'd like to be able to get more 'o these!"
Leroy gives him the bag.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 63 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 20:30
New in Town
Marcus nods in appreciation and eats a couple hazel nuts.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 207 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 22:45
New in Town
Leroy, has his armor stowed in his backpack. His club and shield are accessible, but slung.
As he tunes into the frogs, he begins to see the value of the nuts, beyond human speech.
Narrator
 GM, 7643 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 13:44
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 587):

The frogs croak out a song

"Mother comes wading, wading
Mother comes wading, wading through the bog
She will take the last one
The last one, the last one sitting on the log.
Who will wait and sit for her,
who will wait and sit for her
Only the bravest frog"

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:50, Sat 11 Apr.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 208 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 16:07
New in Town
"Leroy tries to spy out this log, and will wait there... "Give me the gifts, and I'll give them to her. Apparently, she'll only see one of us.."
Narrator
 GM, 7647 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 11 Apr 2020
at 18:49
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 589):

The frogs start leaping off the log and into the water, about five still sit on it.
Anita Drake
 player, 135 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 23:26
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 590):

Anita just watched from the rear...
Narrator
 GM, 7652 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 13:56
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 591):

You hear faint singing, and  the sound of someone poling a skiff of some kind through the water of the bog.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 64 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 14:33
New in Town
Marcus gets tense.  He eyes dart to his quiver lying nearby ready to dash for it if need be.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:02, Wed 15 Apr.

Stara Babicka
 NPC, 1 post
 Fey woman of the fens
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 22:11
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 592):

A small leather corracle is paddling toward you. An old woman with a broad brimmed hat kneels in it as she paddles with a carved oar. Softly she sings in a low raspy voice.

"The frog on the log is the bravest in the bog. My stewpot waits to give him rest."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 209 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 23:10
New in Town
Leroy waits and watches, not wanting to disrupt her dinner plans.
Stara Babicka
 NPC, 2 posts
 Fey woman of the fens
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 13:09
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 595):

As the woman paddles closer, more of the frobs leap off, the last two each trying to puff themselves larger.
The corackle closes in, and the second to last frog leaps into the bog. Lightning fast, she snatches up the last frog, and tucks him into a reed basket, all the while making eye contact with you.

"What brings the children of man into my fen?" She sniffs.
"I smell niade, and elf, and...there was a pixie with you recently.
Why do you disturb me?"

Leroy du Lac
 player, 210 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 18:43
New in Town
"We came from the city, after we heard about your wisdom, from the fey that live there.
There is a sort of fey, we believe that is corrupting the men there, and making them persecute the fey, and in response, we are helping the fey, and trying to bring an end to this...But we know not what we are facing, nor how we might best go about stopping it. whatever, or whoever it is, it seeks to only wreak havoc and destruction to both the men and fey in the city.
...We brought you this quail pie, and some wild honeycomb we found. Please, accept it for our disturbing your abode, Ma'am."

Leroy nods to his group, who are carrying the gifts...
Stara Babicka
 NPC, 3 posts
 Fey woman of the fens
Fri 17 Apr 2020
at 19:29
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 597):

She seems unimpressed.

Anyone able to make a default savoire faire roll (IQ-4) or diplomacy?
Leroy du Lac
 player, 211 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 00:38
New in Town
20:27, Today: Leroy du Lac rolled 12 using 3d6.  carousing ~ 14.
"Do you enjoy a strong drink, now and then? I know I do.. We'd be honored if you'd share a drink, talk, and perhaps do you a favor, in return for any insight you might have into our problem."
Leroy smiled disarmingly, and replied.

Leroy wasn't as good with social graces as he was with socializing, he figured it was worth a shot to try and make friends, one of the few ways he knew how...

This message was last edited by the player at 00:40, Sat 18 Apr.

Anita Drake
 player, 136 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 12:00
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 599):

Anita has no idea how to handle this situation, so she stays quiet.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 65 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 04:16
New in Town
Marcus stays quiet and eyes his quiver calculating the distance to it in his head.

11:37, Yesterday: Marcus Blackthorn rolled 11 using 3d6.  Default Saviore Faire - needed a 6

This message was lightly edited by the player at 04:16, Mon 20 Apr.

Stara Babicka
 NPC, 4 posts
 Fey woman of the fens
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 20:06
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 599):

"What insights do you wish, you who smell of hazelnuts and goat women?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 212 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 20 Apr 2020
at 21:14
New in Town
"Well, the being seems to have the visage of, or possessing a beautiful woman, in town... our pixie friend however caught a glimpse of her shadow, which had a different silhouette, altogether. She has the men in her thrall, spreading hatred and persecution against fey folk.
What could we be up against, and how might we stop it, pray?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:14, Thu 30 Apr.

Stara Babicka
 NPC, 5 posts
 Fey woman of the fens
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 18:13
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 603):

"There are a number of fae whose shadows dance... but none I know that would drive men against fae folk... Was this creature preaching against all of faerie or something else?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 213 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 21 Apr 2020
at 20:03
New in Town
"They were preaching against fey, and particularly admixtures with humans, yes, Ma'am."
Stara Babicka
 NPC, 6 posts
 Fey woman of the fens
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 18:26
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 605):

"Ah. That is different.  There is an entire faction of the Winter Court that seesany interaction with mankind as a betrayal of Faerie, and sees the sort of miscegenation as created you lot as being blasphemous. Me, I like the variety in flavor. Pity about your shy pixie, I could use a light hand pie around now."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 214 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 19:06
New in Town
"Hmmm...I really need to learn this court stuff. I thought there was a truce, though..."
Stara Babicka
 NPC, 7 posts
 Fey woman of the fens
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 17:56
New in Town
In reply to Stara Babicka (msg # 606):

"A truce doesn't mean they are dead, and the arrangement is among the fey, not mortals. If you are of blood, it needs to be declared and accepted,  or you might as well be dead to the court. Now get out of y bog."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:38, Thu 23 Apr.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 215 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 19:19
New in Town
"Thank you, Ma'am. We're leaving now. Good day."

Leroy leaves the bundle of gifts within reach, and prepares to head back to the city.
Anita Drake
 player, 137 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 20:20
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 609):

Anita follos the others out.

"So we basically don't exist in their eyes. Should have guessed..."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 216 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 21:38
New in Town
"I'm not so sure we learned anything that couldn't've been learnt, back at the tavern...But, motives are being realized. This all stems from fey court intrigue, and we need to make ourselves known to, and then accepted by the court, if'n were to find any friends there."
Narrator
 GM, 7697 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 18:19
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 610):

Meanwhile,  back at the guild...
Anita Drake
 player, 138 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 20:46
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 612):

So we leave this thread, or do we just relocate the thread?
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 66 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sun 26 Apr 2020
at 15:50
New in Town
Marcus Quickly snatches up his quiver and long knife and follows everyone back to the guild.
Narrator
 GM, 7707 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 01:48
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 614):

Once you have checked your gear, and entered the main hall, you spot Rosewood talking to another pixie.



Each of you that went to deal with the hag  get 2 points.
Anita Drake
 player, 139 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 07:04
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 615):

Anita will saunter over to Rosewood and sit near, not wanting to disturb her conversation.
Rosewood
 player, 94 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 14:18
New in Town
Rosewood jumps into the air and flies down towards Anita Drake.
As he does so he turns and waves to the other fairy.

He lands close to Anita but not as close as did when first joined the group.
The little fairy seems very red, hot, bothered and possibility upset all in one.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 67 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 17:53
New in Town
Marcus follows Anita and sits down.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 218 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:08
New in Town
Leroy sits down with the others.
"What's the matter, Rosewood?"
Rosewood
 player, 95 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:24
New in Town
I am alright.  Rosewood answer Leroy du Lac.
My mistakes in the past never seem to be far from me.
And the question of which group of fay I come under now seems to be up for questioning.

He shakes his head.
It is not important.
He then steals himself.
How was your quest?
Leroy du Lac
 player, 219 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:29
New in Town
"We need to make ourselves and our plight known to fey court, and bring this plot to their attention, is pretty much what she told us."
Rosewood
 player, 96 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 21:43
New in Town
Rosewood look change.  He did not seem happy at the answer.
Which court?
He asked.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 220 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 22:03
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 622):
"Well, the trouble makers seem to lie within the winter court, according to Baba."
"An enemy of my enemy, is my friend..."

Rosewood
 player, 97 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 29 Apr 2020
at 23:28
New in Town
Rosewood sits down and draws his legs up so his chin resting on them.
He flaps his wings a bit.
Then looks up at Leroy du Lac.
And I thought today was going badly for me.
You don't know much about the two courts do you?
How they view the mortal world?

This message was last edited by the player at 23:29, Wed 29 Apr.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 221 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 00:13
New in Town
"No! I feel like I'm I'm being left out of a whole other world, which is probably just about the size of it!" (Hidden Lore: Faerie Kingdom)

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 00:13, Thu 30 Apr.

Anita Drake
 player, 140 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 01:52
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 622):

Anita looked at Leroy with some suprise.

"Oh, is that how you understand her? She was very cryptic...what have you found Rose?."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 222 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 02:13
New in Town
"I have a feeling, If'n we can play our cards right... We could probably restore Rosewood, for his part, and get ourselves in good, with the summer court, for our part of valor, for destroying this menace, but, we could all do with a lesson in etiquette, and protocol."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:42, Thu 30 Apr.

Narrator
 GM, 7714 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:30
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 627):

To clarify, to get intervention from the fey, you would need to be recognized. To deal with this rabble rouser on your own, you need only catch up with her and her bully boys.

Faerie, you gather, has two main factions, the Seelie or Summer Court, which involves itself in Mortal affairs, and the Unseelie, or Winter Court, which could not care less about the mortal world.


This would be a good time to spend a point in Savoir Faire: Faerie.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 223 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 17:43
New in Town
OOC: got it, now
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 68 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 19:31
New in Town
Breaking his silence Marcus says,We still don't know how to kill this Fey nor do we know if the woman is possessed or is the Fey it self.".  He looks grimly at the group,"Any ideas?"
Anita Drake
 player, 141 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 21:36
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 630):

"Hit her with a silver bolt to the head. and see if all our problems go away?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 224 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 21:50
New in Town
"Gold, for the mistress. Silver for the maid. Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.
Good!, said the baron, sitting in his hall. But iron! Cold iron, is master of them all..."

Anita Drake
 player, 142 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 22:29
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 632):

"Is there any difference between cold iron and normal crossbow bolts?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 225 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 1 May 2020
at 01:20
New in Town
"Well, we know they don't like iron. I'd expect iron ones would be more effective than steel, specifically. The other type of iron the armorer's use, falls from the sky, and is very costly."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 01:21, Fri 01 May.

Anita Drake
 player, 143 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 1 May 2020
at 01:25
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 634):

"So do iron crossbow bolts need to be specifically purchased, or are they just the cheap ones?"

[The process of turning iron into steel would be pretty cutting edge at this time, if it existed at all...]
Narrator
 GM, 7725 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 3 May 2020
at 19:08
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 635):

Fey creatures have a generalized dislike for iron, but anyone who has it roll faerie lore or thaumatology or alchemy to get a clearer picture.
Anita Drake
 player, 144 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 3 May 2020
at 19:52
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 636):

None of the above...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 226 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sun 3 May 2020
at 22:33
New in Town
"So, it's looking like we'll have to slay the lot of them, and take her out. This will no doubt gain the attention of both courts, methinks...then, maybe we can meet the summer court, and be acknowledged! I feel like I have a whole, extended family waiting for me. Wait til they hear about this, back at Manoir du Lac! Great grandma, will be so proud."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 22:34, Sun 03 May.

Narrator
 GM, 7733 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 4 May 2020
at 19:00
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 637):

Rosewood might know
Rosewood
 player, 99 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 7 May 2020
at 19:28
New in Town
Rosewood is very quiet for a time then speaks.

From my understanding, Fae that are iron averse are vulnerable to star metal- meteoric iron. Some get sick from it, others take extra damage. Meteoric iron is antimagical.

(quote from GM after my roll on issues).

He looks up at Leroy du Lac.  A sad look on his face.
I am but a young fairy Leroy.  I do not wish to upset or insult you.  A man of your expericne and understanding.  However I think it may help if I explain how most fay in the summer court see half fay and humans.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 227 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 7 May 2020
at 19:46
New in Town
"It's okay, little buddy. Set me straight, and let's hear it."
Rosewood
 player, 100 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 7 May 2020
at 20:07
New in Town
Well let me put it like this.

How much importance and impact would a small bumble bee, be to you and your life.
One that lived 20 miles from here.  It lived last summer for 6 weeks and died of old age.  Adding a small amount off honey to it's hive about the size of it own body.
How much effect would that bee have had on your life?


Rosewood then has another thought.

If it is not a rude question.  How many summers have you seen my friend?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:07, Thu 07 May.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 228 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 7 May 2020
at 20:40
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 642):
Leroy chuckled.
"Alright, alright... I get it. We are but mere insects, in comparison.
I'm 18, but I beat my first grown man, at 15. So, I'm one tough kid! I can imagine Feykind spends an awful long time, taking turns babysittin' waitin' on y'all to finally mature."

Leroy chuckles again.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:44, Thu 07 May.

Rosewood
 player, 101 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 7 May 2020
at 20:57
New in Town
Rosewood smiles at Leroy du Lac.  He does frown for a moment then seems to resolve some sense of confusion in his head.
You understand then that most fay do not count summers as they lose count.
We fairies do as we have a limit life span compared to other true fay.
I am only 45 summers old.  Very young.  So your nearly twice as old as I am.
  He nods
Just as I expected.
(clearly Rosewood has clearly misheard Leroy du Lac and made 18 into 80 to fit his perception of Leroy).

I did not wish you to waist your time trying to achieve something only few half-fay have ever done.  Make a name for themselves in the summer court.  To many have tried and waited their lives doing so.
I hope that is alright.


Rosewood turns to Anita Drake.
Dear lady I am not going to ask.  I know that would be very rude.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:00, Thu 07 May.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 229 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 7 May 2020
at 21:19
New in Town
"Oh, I won't hold my breath. But..hey! You never know!
Life is an adventure, and you never know who, or what you'll meet!"

Leroy gives a thumbs up, and winks.
Rosewood
 player, 102 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 7 May 2020
at 21:33
New in Town
Rosewood decide to speak up.

I do have an idea.  One that would course confusion and hopefully put stop to the cult and limit the damage done.
What if we found our own illusionist or found a human that looks like Maudwyn.
Study what the first Maudwyn does and says.
Then use our own Maudwyn to course confusion and infighting within the group.
Maybe even course a split into two groups that fight each other.
If our Maudwyn is human then we can expose the true one as fake by dispelling her magic.

I am not sure if this can be done.  I don't have illusionist magic.  Sorry.

Just a thought of stupid fairy.


OOC:
I do hope Rosewood make you all laugh and find what I do funny.
Especially with the way things are at the moment.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:36, Thu 07 May.

Narrator
 GM, 7749 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 11 May 2020
at 16:44
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 646):

You could find a way to present to either court, considering that you have engaged with and exchanged favors with one of each faction so far.

You managed to dispose of several of Maudwyn's goons without significant injury, and could do something like follow her, or deal with the purists as they harrass your clients.
Anita Drake
 player, 145 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 12 May 2020
at 23:50
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 647):

"I am not particularly in favour of courting the courts. My uncle courted a human court, and it cost him his life. Better to just deal with the ones harrassing our client until this two-faced bitch looses patience and does something that will allow us to expose her. Then just deal with her. We may be part fey, but we are also part human, so why waste our lives trying to be something we are not. Live in our owns skin, I say, and deal with these pigs in the human way.

Until then, do you know anyone who might know how our regular crossbow bolts go against these nasty fey?
"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 230 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 13 May 2020
at 03:32
New in Town
Grimaldi nods, agreeing with Anita's response.
"That's the way. You can do as you like, but I'd like to make some friends, beyond man's realm, and see what is hidden from our eyes..If not full fledged members of court,contacts are nice to have."

Anita Drake
 player, 145 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 13 May 2020
at 18:47
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 649):

"Oh, hell yeah, contacts are always good. just don't loose yourself in getting them is all I am saying."

This message was last updated by the player at 18:47, Wed 13 May.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 69 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 17:03
New in Town

This message was deleted by the player at 22:47, Thu 14 May.

Anita Drake
 player, 146 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 13 May 2020
at 18:48
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 651):

OOC: Sorry, my bad. Posted as the wrong character...rectified!
Rosewood
 player, 103 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 13 May 2020
at 18:51
New in Town
Rosewood looks at the creature.
In low voice he says to the others.
Something far worse than Maudwyn.

He says a few words.
Then the pixie has gone.


OOC:
19:48, Today: Rosewood rolled 6 using 3d6.  Cast spell NT15.

Narrator
 GM, 7764 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Thu 14 May 2020
at 17:29
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 653):

You might want to edit that, it was a mistaken use of an avatar by a player with multiple characters.

Unless a legendary fae creature is resistant to weapons, they should do damage normally.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:30, Thu 14 May.

Narrator
 GM, 7775 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sat 16 May 2020
at 14:46
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 654):

Also, clarify:did I award points already?
Leroy du Lac
 player, 232 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Sat 16 May 2020
at 18:53
New in Town
yes, we each got 5 in our thread.
Rosewood
 player, 104 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 16 May 2020
at 19:49
New in Town
PM
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 70 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sun 17 May 2020
at 17:35
Re: New in Town
Narrator:
In reply to Narrator (msg # 654):

Also, clarify:did I award points already?

I must've missed that where was the post?
Narrator
 GM, 7788 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Sun 17 May 2020
at 19:20
Re: New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 658):

Take 5.


Now, moving forward, you were requested to help the mixed blood folk of the rooming house to defend agaist bullies who turned out to be organized purists, led by a woman who idms somebtype of fey creature in disguise.
Anita Drake
 player, 147 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Sun 17 May 2020
at 21:30
Re: New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 659):

Yep. Anita is all for just defending them when they attack, goading the mistress into doing something rash...
Leroy du Lac
 player, 233 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Mon 18 May 2020
at 01:32
Re: New in Town
"Sounds like a plan. We keep a fire lit under their asses now, until they've had enough!"
Rosewood
 player, 105 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 18 May 2020
at 11:59
Re: New in Town
Rosewood look nervous at what he is about to say.

Maybe, just maybe I could follow her and find out where she lives.
It maybe that will be of some us?

Anita Drake
 player, 148 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 18 May 2020
at 12:18
Re: New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 662):

Given Rosewood disappeared, Anita does not see her expression, but does hear the words.

"Finding out where she lives may be a good idea. Not sure if it will save many though. But you can try."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 234 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 19 May 2020
at 15:38
Re: New in Town
"The sooner we find out, and the sooner we go get her, we'll have eliminated an upstarting, and seriously evil group... I would like to try, if possible, to reconcile the locals, with the fey, after the evil has been purged. But I'm no diplomat... We need one of them fancy-talkin' representatives, is what we need, but that's putting the cart, before the horse. We've got work to do, first!"
The yokelish, youth says exuberantly.
Rosewood
 player, 106 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 19 May 2020
at 19:32
Re: New in Town
Rosewood replies.

The nasty creature gone.

I ready to help now Leroy du Lac

Anita Drake
 player, 149 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 19 May 2020
at 20:48
Re: New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 665):

"Sorry, there was someone you didn't like? Or did you think you saw the head mistress of these purists?"

[Note the edited posts above...]
Rosewood
 player, 107 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 19 May 2020
at 21:00
Re: New in Town
I saw the leprechaun even if she did disappeared and nobody else did.

Nasty Nasty creatures.


OOC:
This plays into Rosewood past so I going with this.
They are the reason he ended up leaving the fay lands.

Anita Drake
 player, 150 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Tue 19 May 2020
at 21:25
Re: New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 667):

"Right."

She looks around, seeing none.

"Have you been seeing them for long?"
Rosewood
 player, 108 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 20 May 2020
at 14:22
Re: New in Town
It seem this was not the best thing to say to Rosewood.

The little fairy eyes flared.  Turning a very dark Gothic purple.

Yes.  He says.  And only way to deal with them is to hit them hard with fairy dust.

Rosewood waves his hand in anger and Anita Drake cup of drink goes flying off he table at hit by bolt of fairy dust.

Rosewood then realize what he done and puts a hand to his mouth.
Oh.  Sorry.  I.  I am sorry.  I buy you another one.  I sorry Anita.
The little fairy looks up at Anita.

OOC:
Sorry Anita.  I rolled a random number to see who cup got hit.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:26, Wed 20 May.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 235 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Wed 20 May 2020
at 14:59
Re: New in Town
"A leprechaun with shape-shifting,or illusion, and charms isn't unheard of... This just seems rather bold, indeed. Out of the ordinary, for an extraordinary thing."
Narrator
 GM, 7797 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 20 May 2020
at 19:54
Re: New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 670):

Begore we track this any further, Rosewood,  Anita's player accidentally posted as one of their other characters. That id why you saw a leprechaun.  It was corrected, and commented on for the correction.

Now if an encounter with a leprechaun had do to with your issue, then cool.


Next course of action?
Rosewood
 player, 109 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 20 May 2020
at 20:08
Re: New in Town
OOC:

Hi.  Yes I understand the mistake the over player posting in the wrong character.
However it has played into Rosewood issues.
When I was talking to the other fairy I was sorting out the back story and decided that the reason why Rosewood had ended up creating a fairy dust bolt was to deal with two leprechaun that kept messing his beloved library in fay land up.
Moving books around.  Writing rude things in them.
But nobody really believed.  They did it in such way that nobody but Rosewood really noticed.  It was all done to upset Rosewood.

This make Rosewood mad.   He had give the leprechaun a good smack and the only way do this was with pix dust.  Does this make sense?

With your permission I like to change the following.

Intolerance of Dwarves

to

Intolerance Leprechaun.  It was two Leprechaun that result in fairy dust bolts.

It then ties things up nicely.  Is that ok.

It also fits with Rosewood seeing the leprechaun, but nobody else does.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:08, Wed 20 May.

Anita Drake
 player, 151 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:28
Re: New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 672):

Anita watches her cup fly off the table.

"You have issues, boy. Don't bother with another drink. Lets head over to those that hired us and protect them as we were hired t do. In other words, enough drinking, it does not seem to be helping us. Lets get back to work."

She gets up, grabs her things, and heads to the door.
Rosewood
 player, 110 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 20 May 2020
at 21:59
Re: New in Town
Rosewood looks at Leroy du Lac.

I am sorry Lecoy.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 236 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Thu 21 May 2020
at 12:49
Re: New in Town
Leroy watches Anita get up and leave.
"Well, it's just across the street. Let's go, then."

Leroy looked quizzically at the pixie a second, wondering why the slight jest about leprechauns had provoked him so. Then he got up and left the tavern, walking out into the street, to keep an eye on the boarding house, and any commotion in the streets, out of the ordinary.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 12:50, Thu 21 May.

Maddo
 NPC, 6 posts
 Feyblood
Fri 22 May 2020
at 18:14
Re: New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 675):

Accross the way you spot Maddo, the feyblood who hired you all to protect his people. Along with him is a stunningly beautiful horned woman surrounded by a cloud of butterflies.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 237 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Fri 22 May 2020
at 18:52
Re: New in Town
"Hello Maddo. We've had a run-in with the blackguards responsible for the mischief, tracked them down, and found out some things. Now we're keepin' an eye out for a reprisal. Be prepared for one. Who is your friend, here?"

Leroy smiles politely, unable to be more refined.
Anita Drake
 player, 152 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Fri 22 May 2020
at 22:24
Re: New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 677):

Horned woman as in goats horns and cloven feet and forked tail, or horns as in sheeps horns?

"Speaking of getting back to work..."
Hypatia
 NPC, 2 posts
 Faerie creature
Mon 25 May 2020
at 15:47
Re: New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 678):

With cloven hoove visible beneath hr dress, this fey creature sems to be descended from fauns like Maddo, but her features have an ethereal eauty unlike the faun at the fey tavern, suggesting perhaps that she had a nymph parent.
"I am Hypatia."
Rosewood
 player, 111 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 25 May 2020
at 20:22
Re: New in Town
With Leroy du Lac permission Rosewood hitches a ride again.
Anita Drake
 player, 153 posts
 Hey sweetie
 Lets see your money pouch
Mon 25 May 2020
at 20:56
Re: New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 680):

"Hypatia. Good to meed you. We have made some progress, but not resolved the problem yet. These folk can give you more information..."

She readies her crossbow and looks around, taking up a position to guard the conversation.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 71 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 26 May 2020
at 17:23
Re: New in Town
Marcus follows suite after Anita readies her crossbow.  He readies his bow but doesn't ready an arrow just yet.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 238 posts
 Mercenaire gent d'armes
Tue 26 May 2020
at 18:02
Re: New in Town
"Well met. Can we do something for you?"