New in Town.   Posted by Aemon McCain.Group: 0
Leroy du Lac
 player, 42 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 04:06
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 4):
"Hello again, Mademoiselle Drake. I haven't heard of anything as of late... I hope I find something soon. I'd like to move out of here as soon as possible, like you and your cousin, have.

Leroy watched as the hot brown was ladled into his bowl with an audible splat, followed by a piece of bread, unceremoniously tossed on top.
"Mmmm.. L'amour que brun chaud! Haw haw haw!"
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 1 post
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 17:56
New in Town
Marcus hands over his quiver, bow and long knife.  He throws back the dusty hood of his cloak and walks over to where they are dishing out the brown.  He takes a bowl sniffing it and shrugging as if to say he has had worse. He scans the room and finds a seat in the corner away from others to to eat his meal.
Lepkur
 NPC, 54 posts
 a goblin
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 19:10
New in Town
In reply to Wiley Filcher (msg # 3):

A goblin, wearing a gilt administrator guild badge, breaks off a conversation with a large fellow of ogrish extraction and a young woman wearing brass knuckles, and makes his way toward Wiley, looking i tently at his array of cards.

"Bub, you know you don't have ta play alone. I know plenty of games dat are floating right now."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 43 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 19:52
New in Town
"I'm curious about whatever this Nodwin fellow is serving for dinner. Mario said he conjures food! I've never tried conjured food...I wonder if it's any good. You know, I'd like to move into one of those houses, in your neighborhood. With some work, it could be a nice place, especially if we all work together." Leroy, received his bowl, and strolled with Anita to find a place to sit...
Anita Drake
 player, 27 posts
 Adventuress
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 20:16
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 9):

"Conjured food is much like gruel. It can sustain you but anything is probably better tasting. Yeah, Benito will work to build up those places, so I am guessing once he is done there will be places there, but it really is not my call. Best I can do is find some cash...for which I, like you, probably need some work."

She finds a seat to eat what she has with LeRoy.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 44 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 4 Jul 2019
at 20:32
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 10):
Finding a place, Leroy sits down.
"So, tell me about you and your cousin. Where are you from?"

Leroy smiled into his bowl as he removed the crust of bread. The Brown was hot, and hadn't developed a skin. "C'est bon aujourd'hui !"
Wiley Filcher
 player, 4 posts
 swashbuckler
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 05:16
New in Town
In reply to Lepkur (msg # 8):

Wiley looks up at the goblin. "Really? Real games? Back on the farm my Uncle Babar used to talk about real gambling, how much fun it is, now I get the chance to actually try it? Where do I sign up?"
Lepkur
 NPC, 55 posts
 a goblin
Fri 5 Jul 2019
at 20:24
New in Town
In reply to Wiley Filcher (msg # 12):

The goblin eyes your kit, as if appraising how much your shirt would go for if you lost it.

"Deres a place a few blocks up called the Wastrel's Hope dat has a card game most evenings, along wit dart games ta bet on."


It is early afternood right now.
Anita Drake
 player, 28 posts
 Adventuress
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 09:16
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 11):

"Well, what is there to say? He is a good man, who got into trouble with those with less scruples than he or hos father. They killed his father, and we escaped. He sees the world through eyes that consider everyone as good or evil. But he considers justice highly, maybe too highly, given how it has been denied him.

What about you? Tell me about yourself?
"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 45 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 14:54
New in Town
"I'm sorry for your kin...Do you have enemies about? Me, I've just left home, after this year's planting. Mercenary work is what we do, and we're known at Manoir du Lac, for two generations now, since the plague, as being some of the best fighting men to be found outside the city!
My grandfather built our home from the remains of a monster stronghold, on the lake. His party cleared them out, and now it's a green and peaceful place, again. There's always work to be done there, but I won't be inheriting the property, as I'm the youngest.. No, I have to make my own way now, and I shall!"

Leroy said with gusto, as he broke his bread in half.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:12, Sat 13 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 4 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 17:07
New in Town
The small figure carefully picks up his empty bowl.
Then with a small skip launches himself into the air.
After a minute the creature lands on the table close to Anita Drake and Leroy du Lac plates.
In a graceful, flowing single movement it sits down with it empty bowl in its lap.
It also has a small scroll which it gets out of its pocket.
It looks up a little nervous smile on it's face.  Looking between Anita and Leroy waiting.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:26, Sat 06 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 46 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 18:13
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 16):

Leroy was about to take his first spoonful, when he noticed the pixie land on their table.
"Ho! Hello there, wee-one. What have you got there?"
Leroy moved his face lower, curious to see what the scroll-bearing pixie wanted with them.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:16, Sat 06 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 5 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 19:35
New in Town
Rosewood looks hopefully at Leroy du Lac.
I am new to the lands of humans and I am not sure how this guild thing works.
This scroll clearly proves I am a member of the guild and that I am skilled in magical lore.
It is even signed by the head of the Arcane chapter.

Rosewood looks down at his bowl.
The thing is a pixie alone in this big people lands is likely to get squashed if he is not careful.
From what I can make out, both of you are guild members looking for work.
That you may be looking to create a team together.
I was hoping you may require someone with my type of skills to join you?


He looks back up to them.
I am sorry if this is not how I should go about finding a group of adventures to join but my experience of humans is limited.


OOC:-
The little creature come across with an odd mixture of uncertainty and confidence.  He is clearly not shy or reserved as one may have expected.  There is a confidence in him that make you feel he will not run at first the sign of danger.  He is clearly however having to deal with an environment and situation he not very familiar with.


The pixie is also wearing a  small numbered, sigil marked tin badge like each of you wear as members of the guild. The bagdges you wear are traceable by the seeker spell, as they are inscribed with a mystic mark.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:11, Mon 08 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 47 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 22:21
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 18):
"No worries. You're doing the best you can, I expect. Being assertive when one is so small, is a sign of pluck, and has my respect. I know little of magic, why don't you show and tell us what you can do?"

Leroy said, as he resumed eating.
Rosewood
 player, 6 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 22:36
New in Town
Rosewood nods.
His smile is a little more settled.
Do you have a torch.  Or an item you like to use as a torch.
I am told a lot of adventuring humans do is done down in tunnels and dark places.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:09, Mon 08 July 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 29 posts
 Adventuress
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 23:06
New in Town
"Of course you are welcome to join us. My name is Anita, and this chap is Leroy. The more of us, the better our chance of finding good work. What brings you to such a place as this?"
Rosewood
 player, 7 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 6 Jul 2019
at 23:32
New in Town
Rosewood turns to Anita Drake.
Thank you.  He says.
Then the reality of the question she ask hit him.
He looks down at his bowl again.
He frowns at it.  Shaking his head.
My older cousin is a very, very important Pixie in the royal court.
I err.  Well I did something to upset him and that upset the rest of the royal court.
It was an accident.  I did not mean to do it.  I not a dark Pixie.  I never will be.
But I was.  How do I put it.  Asked to leave.

He looks up at her.  His face is very sad.
If I become a Hero and learn more magic.  I hope one day I will find a way to do something that allow me to return.  I am sure.
Anita Drake
 player, 30 posts
 Adventuress
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 00:24
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 22):

"I see. Just because they are nobility, does not mean they are good people, to be sure. But good luck in that. I am happy to just start a new life where people leave us alone..."
Wiley Filcher
 player, 5 posts
 swashbuckler
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 06:04
New in Town
In reply to Lepkur (msg # 13):

Wiley beams at the Goblin "Wastrel's Hope? What a splendid name! I shall be there with bells on! Who do I have to thank for such a fine suggestion...?" he asks, adding quickly "and what suggestion do you have between now and evening? I would be imminently thankful for a run down on other fine establishments in the area that might suit my simple country tastes."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 48 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sun 7 Jul 2019
at 07:56
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 22):
"Well, there are many different employers here, in this very building. If'n reputation is of greater import to you than money, you'd do well to work for those with greater prestige. You know, to get your deeds known more quickly, and the sort of deeds you'll be wantin' your kin to hear about."

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 07:57, Sun 07 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 8 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 17:25
New in Town
Rosewood answers.
That sounds like good advice.  Thank you.
He looks around.
In answer to your question on what I can do.  I will show you went we not in such a crowd place.  But I have study the effects of light to a good degree.  I can make an item glow with good amount of light for a few days.
I can make people look fuzzy so they are harder to hit.
I can at a push make myself disappear from sight.


He then makes a big sigh.
If need I can defend myself against a mad axe swing dwarf or orc and hurt them.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:27, Mon 08 July 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6558 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 20:12
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 26):

Just to clarify some information that might not have been shared, see the green text added to message 18.

Also, for Rosewood, your family is part of the Seelie court, and while you have been banished from court affairs, you were not made a member of the Unseelie court, which would be a quest unto itself.


You are all encouraged to get your capabilities registered with
one of the guild agents upstairs, Bellarius, who works for Camilla the Quest Coordinator.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 49 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 20:40
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 26):
"Your skills sound very useful, and you sound like you'd make an excellent scout, being able to get into places we cannot!"

Leroy takes his remaining bread, and mops the inside of his bowl with it, finishing his meal.
"Why don't we go uptairs and see Bellarius?"

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Mon 08 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 9 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 8 Jul 2019
at 23:24
New in Town
Rosewood stands up ready to go.
He not really sure where they going but anything is better than sitting doing nothing.
Bellarius
 player, 42 posts
 elven Secretary
Tue 9 Jul 2019
at 01:28
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 29):

On the upper mezzanine level that wraps around the common room are a number of offices, apartments, and shops, including Spielgud's Spell Eporium and Ashbury the  Outfitter.

Off to one side are a set of double doors to the large conference room. Within are a number of chairs, two magical torchierie lamps and a large desk, behind which sits an elf with a shaved head.