New in Town.   Posted by Aemon McCain.Group: 0
Maddo
 NPC, 2 posts
 Feyblood
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 16:16
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 58):

"Er,Um, actually my group can't afford your pay, her fee, and spellcasting for veracity, so I am going to have to take you at your word. We need just a little more than guards, just to maybe follow these spitefull goons back to their gathering space and give them what for. My folk don't have much recourse to the faiey courts, and we tried to get assistance from the gendarmes, but Le Fleur said he was there for the true citizens only. Admittedly, some of us came through the gate over in Hyacinth's Hoofbeats, but this is our home, and there is really nowhere else to go."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 57 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 17:11
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 59):
"Do you have any information on who they are, or where their gathering place is?"
Maddo
 NPC, 3 posts
 Feyblood
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 20:21
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 60):

"We have been trying to avoid them, rather than follow them. Renolan says he saw the arsonist."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:47, Fri 19 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 58 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 18 Jul 2019
at 20:53
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 61):
"I suggest you have some of your people, that are willing, to set a trap. When they come, to take the bait, that's when we'll be there to confront them. If none have such courage, we could also visit neighborhood taverns and listen for gossip, and talk about those who have issues with feybloods, then we shall uncover their den of hooliganry! Which neighborhood is this going on in? These knaves shouldn't be hard to find, once we know where to look."

This message was last edited by the player at 20:57, Thu 18 July 2019.

Wiley Filcher
 player, 10 posts
 swashbuckler
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 05:10
New in Town
Wiley shows a little discomfort when Maddo mentions he is tight on funds, and he thinks a bit about this job..

"Master Maddo, Have you thought this through? Violence has a way of escalating at times. While we might nip this in the bud straightaway there is also a possibility that actions against these miscreants will draw more people to their side and escalate the violence, necessitating an increased response on your and our part. In other words this could get expensive if these bullies are made of sterner stuff than we might hope. Are you ready for that?"
Rosewood
 player, 16 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 10:00
New in Town
Rosewood finally speaks.
I do not know if it is possible but the best answer would be to get the bullies to turn in on themselves.  To start fighting each other and so there group falls apart.
If they intend to kill let them kill each other.
Without them knowing it was us that did it to them.


The little Pixie wiggles his noise.

A old Pixie trick.
Maddo
 NPC, 4 posts
 Feyblood
Fri 19 Jul 2019
at 20:53
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 64):

"We are not thoroughly impovershed, Madame Camilla does charge individually for truth telling magic. We had enough for her fee, plus two days pay each. After that, if undisturbed, we can make enough to pay our expenses and a few days more of yours if need be.  Most of my people are minstrels or artisans, we have no great warriors amongst us."
Wiley Filcher
 player, 11 posts
 swashbuckler
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 06:15
New in Town
"Well then, it seems all is in agreement." Wiley says, rubbing his chin while thinking. "It is not lost on me that most, if not all of us are of fae or mixed blood, myself included. You are perhaps hoping that loyalty will carry us when funds run low? It is no matter, you've hired yourself a sword. The first step as I see it to identify the miscreants and their leader and go forward from there. Those of us that can pass a human are the best suited for this step by my estimation."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 59 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 19:30
New in Town
"Speaking for myself..What you lack in cash, can be made up for with favors, and cultivating a good reputation. After all, a good reputation is worth more than a purse of silver...and I find this sort of thing satisfies my sense of justice. You can count on my steel, as well."
Leroy said, unfolding his arms, and placing them akimbo.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:31, Sat 20 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 17 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Sat 20 Jul 2019
at 19:34
New in Town
Rosewood nods.
A good reputation with anybody that connected with the fey is also of value to me as well.
Bellarius
 player, 46 posts
 elven Secretary
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 13:59
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 68):

Camilla's agent opens the door, accompanied by a woman.
 He hands a document to Camilla.
"This is Anita Drake, a specialist in subtle matters of acquisition."

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:59, Sun 21 July 2019.

Maddo
 NPC, 5 posts
 Feyblood
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 14:03
New in Town
In reply to Bellarius (msg # 69):

"As I was saying, we can pay the standard rate for all five of you for two days, and if my people are unmolested for that length of time we can earn enough to continue paying for your services."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 60 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Sun 21 Jul 2019
at 17:35
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 70):
"Can you give us the names and locations of some of the victims? Perhaps they could give us more information about where these belligerent sallies are coming from, and some details about who they saw. This Renolan, perhaps? Maybe some others?"

This message was last edited by the player at 17:52, Sun 21 July 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 32 posts
 Adventuress
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 10:54
New in Town
In reply to Maddo (msg # 70):

"Sorry for my absence, I was distracted. I missed the nature of your work, but if there is nothing immoral about it, work sounds good. I can also do a little work with traps..."
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 7 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 19:00
New in Town
Marcus replies to Bellerius offer of payment with a nod and sats,"That is a fair price to dispatch a few ruffians.  I will sell my skills to your group for I have some elf blood running through my veins...though a scarce amount."
Camilla
 player, 85 posts
 Guild Broker
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 21:03
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 71):

"Renolan is a guildmember, a torchbearer by trade, with some small fire magic"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 61 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 22 Jul 2019
at 23:18
New in Town
In reply to Camilla (msg # 74):

"I think we should talk to him, and find out what he had saw, first thing."
Narrator
 GM, 6593 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 15:47
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 75):

After getting his description, (a red haired half elf), You head out of the conference room and down the steps to the common room. Sitting next to a husky orcish woman with brightly dyed hair a few shades off from his own, you spot him by his quiver full of torches. Idly, he is snapping his fingers, occasionally producing a spark
Leroy du Lac
 player, 62 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 16:36
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 76):
Spotting him overhead, Leroy descended the stairs to greet him.
"Renolan? Bonjour. I'm Leroy du Lac. Our group had just spoken to your friend Maddo upstairs in Mademoiselle Camilla's office. Maddo says he and his friends are having some troubles with a certain group of ruffians who have issues with feybloods. He also told us that you stopped a fire, one of them had set. Thank goodness you were there! We've been called upon to investigate and rectify this situation, and any information you have, or other witnesses you can notify us of, would be a great help. Most of our group has feyblood, so we are not just in this for the money, as we have an invested interest in helping our kin, against those who hate us."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:37, Tue 23 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 18 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Tue 23 Jul 2019
at 17:01
New in Town
Rosewood lands on the table close to Renolan.
Give a small bow.
He looks up at the big creature.
The pixie lets Leroy du Lac do talking but he though his presents would back up Leroy du Lac words.
Renolan
 NPC, 21 posts
 torch bearer
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 19:53
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 78):

The redheaded half elf looks up from his orcish companion, and seems irritated.
"Yes, that's my name, and this is my friend Claire. Who is the sprite, and why is he in my personal space?
Yeah there was a fire, and I extinguished it. And those asshats? Sorriest excuse formen I have ever seen."

Leroy du Lac
 player, 63 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:05
New in Town
In reply to Renolan (msg # 79):

Leroy glanced at Rosewood and turned back with a sheepish grin. "This is Rosewood. He introduced himself to me just a bit ago, in the same manner. He is unused to the world of the big people... Sorry about that. But any information you have about who they are, would help us. We aim to nip this in the bud."
Rosewood
 player, 19 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:14
New in Town
Rosewood looked at the half-elf.
Then looks around a little confused.
What is "personal my space"?  And if this is right question.  How large is it?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Wed 24 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 64 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 04:33
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 81):
"Personal space among the big, is measured by the length by a big person's arm, or the length of a sword, wielded by big persons. Anything less than that, is considered to be in their face, or "personal space", although some people require more than is standard, because everyone is different, in these regards. You'll get the hang of it, Rosewood. You should be more careful though, because if you startle someone, they may swat you, before realizing what, and who you are."

Leroy explained good-naturedly, to the Pixie.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:35, Thu 25 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 20 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 10:02
New in Town
Rosewood looks thoughtfully at Leroy du Lac.
He looks over at Renolan and at his arms.
The Pixie takes few steps back.  Then stands with his arm out stretched looking at Renolan.
That a lot of space then.  That very big.
And you have stand that distance away from each other unless your sitting with someone.

Rosewood point to two people sitting next to each other talking.

Rosewood looks back at Leroy du Lac.
He seems a little sad.
So no sneaking up behind someone and tickling their.  He pauses trying think of best part of large creature to tickle. Ears.
The pixie put a hopeful smile on his face.

He then turns to Renolan.  Making sure he a good distance from him.
I am sorry I just trying to help and learn to be an adventure in world of big people.
I be quite now.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:05, Thu 25 July 2019.