New in Town.   Posted by Aemon McCain.Group: 0
Rosewood
 player, 19 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Wed 24 Jul 2019
at 20:14
New in Town
Rosewood looked at the half-elf.
Then looks around a little confused.
What is "personal my space"?  And if this is right question.  How large is it?

This message was last edited by the player at 20:15, Wed 24 July 2019.

Leroy du Lac
 player, 64 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 04:33
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 81):
"Personal space among the big, is measured by the length by a big person's arm, or the length of a sword, wielded by big persons. Anything less than that, is considered to be in their face, or "personal space", although some people require more than is standard, because everyone is different, in these regards. You'll get the hang of it, Rosewood. You should be more careful though, because if you startle someone, they may swat you, before realizing what, and who you are."

Leroy explained good-naturedly, to the Pixie.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:35, Thu 25 July 2019.

Rosewood
 player, 20 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 10:02
New in Town
Rosewood looks thoughtfully at Leroy du Lac.
He looks over at Renolan and at his arms.
The Pixie takes few steps back.  Then stands with his arm out stretched looking at Renolan.
That a lot of space then.  That very big.
And you have stand that distance away from each other unless your sitting with someone.

Rosewood point to two people sitting next to each other talking.

Rosewood looks back at Leroy du Lac.
He seems a little sad.
So no sneaking up behind someone and tickling their.  He pauses trying think of best part of large creature to tickle. Ears.
The pixie put a hopeful smile on his face.

He then turns to Renolan.  Making sure he a good distance from him.
I am sorry I just trying to help and learn to be an adventure in world of big people.
I be quite now.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:05, Thu 25 July 2019.

Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 8 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Thu 25 Jul 2019
at 12:22
New in Town
Marcus stands there listening to the conversation nodding at the appropriate moments.
Anita Drake
 player, 33 posts
 Adventuress
Sat 27 Jul 2019
at 05:42
New in Town
In reply to Marcus Blackthorn (msg # 84):

Anita stayed at the back of the group, happy to watch the situation unfold as it did. She preferred to say little, and not be noticed.
Renolan
 NPC, 22 posts
 torch bearer
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 20:23
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 83):

The half elf leans back on his stool as Rosewood skitters away
"That's good advice Leroy, keep the small ones from getting killed by accident.  People might think you were a Stirge coming up on them.  So I have some small fire magic, but I am no Marie the Mountain elf, blasting whole cities of trolls to ash... But I was able to put out that fire."
Strong Clair
 NPC, 26 posts
 laborer
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 20:25
New in Town
In reply to Renolan (msg # 86):

"I thought Marie was a musician, and the fire mage was named Christine."
Renolan
 NPC, 23 posts
 torch bearer
Sun 28 Jul 2019
at 20:27
New in Town
In reply to Strong Clair (msg # 87):

"No, I am pretty sure Christine is that bard who is always throwing herself around... Marie is the fire mage. She has nice boots and an armored golem."
Anita Drake
 player, 34 posts
 Adventuress
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 06:30
New in Town
In reply to Renolan (msg # 88):

At the mention of nice boots, Anita's ears prick up...but soon her interest wanes at the mention that the fire mage has an armoured Golem. Then she asked with interest

"What do you mean that Christine is always throwing herself around? She is a bit of a gymnast?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 65 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 08:33
New in Town
"Well good thing you were around when you were. Where did this happen? We should probably talk to that person as well...I'm sure they'd be interested in some security and justice."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:39, Mon 29 July 2019.

Renolan
 NPC, 24 posts
 torch bearer
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:14
New in Town
In reply to Anita Drake (msg # 89):

"From what I hear, she is something of a nonprofessional evening companion, like most bards. The fire happened a few streets up, near a flop a couple of us rent cots in."
Leroy du Lac
 player, 66 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 20:39
New in Town
"Thank you, Renolan. That sounds like a good place to start gathering clues...Whenever the rest of you are ready."
Leroy went to collect his weaponry from Aemon.
Rosewood
 player, 21 posts
 Pixie
 Wizardling
Mon 29 Jul 2019
at 22:14
New in Town
Rosewood follows Leroy du Lac lead.
Anita Drake
 player, 35 posts
 Adventuress
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 07:06
New in Town
In reply to Rosewood (msg # 93):

"I see. Let us get moving then."
Wiley Filcher
 player, 12 posts
 swashbuckler
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 07:16
New in Town
Wiley listens, flipping his coin the entire time, but he does not interject not being that interested in fire mages and only slightly interested in female bards. That is at least until he could get a look at them. He was willing to let others fumble about until his skills could be brought to bear or something interesting happened.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 9 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 21:10
New in Town
Marcus follows Leroy and collects hus weapons.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 67 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Tue 30 Jul 2019
at 22:24
New in Town
When the rest are in tow, and equipped, Leroy will follow Renolan's direction's to where the flop-house fire occurred...
Narrator
 GM, 6621 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:28
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 97):

Several semi abandoned  blocks north, past the area where the street had collapsed, and where an ogre is planting a tree while a robed fellow with a bronze torc around his neck is directing, you espy the area in question, a long three story stone building that looks ancient and ill cared for. Like most homes in town, there are terra cotta tiles on the roof, but in poor disrepair.

Accross the way and down the lane, you spot the sign of the Wastrel's Hope,  a hand reaching into an empty coin purse with a torn seam.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:19, Mon 12 Aug 2019.

Anita Drake
 player, 36 posts
 Adventuress
Wed 31 Jul 2019
at 20:48
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 98):

"Right. So the faerie muggers are here, or the faeries we need to protect are around here?"
Leroy du Lac
 player, 68 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Thu 1 Aug 2019
at 01:48
New in Town
"Let us inquire, within."
Leroy said, after looking around the place. He made for the large, stone building, looking for tell-tale fire damage, to make sure it fit Renolan's description.

This message was last edited by the player at 09:22, Thu 01 Aug 2019.

Narrator
 GM, 6622 posts
 DM says
 roll for initiative!
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 00:38
New in Town
In reply to Leroy du Lac (msg # 100):

The long building has some char marks at the front door. The rest of the place is stone, except for the window casings, and one of those is slightly burnt as well. Renolan must have been busy.
Leroy du Lac
 player, 69 posts
 Mercenary Man-At-Arms
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 01:27
New in Town
"This looks like the place, alright. We might try yon tavern, afterwards.."
Leroy said, pointing across the street, as he opened the door, and entered the building.
Anita Drake
 player, 39 posts
 Adventuress
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 04:35
New in Town
In reply to Narrator (msg # 101):

Anita looks around the place for clues.
Wiley Filcher
 player, 13 posts
 swashbuckler
Fri 2 Aug 2019
at 05:43
New in Town
Wiley starts by checking the structures with a line of sight to the charred building, looking for people who might have witnessed the firebug to question.
Marcus Blackthorn
 player, 10 posts
 Archer
 Mercenary for hire
Sun 4 Aug 2019
at 01:35
New in Town
Marcus follows in behind the rest scanning the street and area behind him as he enters.